6.6

1. Jan 1, 2014
    I don't know what these other reviewers are on. Simple linear gameplay, no challenge at all. Really bad controls for a platformer, feels like it was designed for the ipad. Disappointed
  2. Sep 13, 2013
    The game it's just an average platformer in a disney universe. Graphics and sound are ok except Mickey's voice which sounds more creepy than usual. The levels are designed well but it lacks of challenge. The biggest flaw on the pc version is the bad port. It stuck with 30 fps even with a powrefull gaming PC, making the game to feel incomplete.
  3. Sep 19, 2013
    I grew up with this game. I remember when I was a kid how wonderfully playful was the game. As a kid the words Castle, Illusion, Micky Mouse, were three formidable words.
    I remember as really hard to play, I preferred the World Of Illusion, but I thought it was still the best Micky mouse game.
    I had to try the PC version. I had to. Just for nostalgia and see how technically it was. The
    overall mark is a 7.
    Graphic: 7. Good graphic, good scenarios.. but not so good fps and the 2D/3D swapping it is not always a good idea. Too much work? It is your job fella!
    Playbility: 6. Awfully annoying the camera, the buttons, the jumping on platform without even seeing where to go and how, just guessing. Really annoying, not easy, but OK.
    Atmosphere: 8. Maybe it is better this version than the old one. They did a great job.
  4. Oct 13, 2013
    technical Issues 10
    ------------------------------------
    Over All 7.9
  5. Dec 27, 2013
    Very cute and very beautiful game, but its short tho, I got for -75% so no regrets. Also I really enjoyed it. Its pretty easy, has good controls and also can be played by kids too. I'd say get it when its on sale. It has some replay value like to collect costumes.
  6. Fuz
    Feb 28, 2014
    No keyboard rebinding option?

Yeah, right.
    Learn to respect your customers. It is unacceptable to release a game on PC that doesn't allow the player to redefine the keyboard controls and unskippable cutscenes.
  7. Sep 6, 2013
    Its insultingly stupid, even the children its meant to entertain would be insulted by it. The levels are far too short with absolutely no challenge throughout. The narrator makes me feel like I'm being read a bedtime story or playing King's Quest at the age of 30. Mickey's animation is ugly, his design poor, and their is no variation to the control scheme. Its essentially Klonoa, without the charm or quality and fantastic level design. Tomba is still more enjoyable than this game and that came out long before this (and long after the original Castle of Illusion). The original is better, even the sega master system version is better and in terms of actual fun? No this remake is not fun, its by the numbers, its generic and its sad to see that this is the way new players get to see what was once a fun series of games. Expand
  8. Oct 26, 2013
    It is a very short and easy game but level variety and the visuals create the well known Disney magic. If you really need a challenge you might want to check other games. This is a game where you sit back on your chair and relax by playing it.

Pros: beautiful levels, nice music and voice acting, Disney magic, makes you feel like you play an old school platform game

Cons: Short, Very
    easy, Price(13 euro for 2 hours game), No service, patches or updates from the developers (No game icons on steam and there are also performance issues 30 fps) Expand

1. Mar 7, 2014
    It's charming and well-polished, but players craving challenge might be disappointed. On the other hand, people wanting to relax with something that doesn't require a huge investment of time or effort should consider joining Mickey on his newest mousecapade.
  2. Oct 5, 2013
    Castle of Illusion feat Mickey Mouse HD. The new adaptation of Castle of Illusion is an extremely beautiful platformer, and nice to play, too, but Sega clearly tries to take advantage of Capcom's neo-DuckTales. Mickey Mouse isn't as memorable a main character as Scrooge McDuck, and this game is ultimately just reaching for the fruits of the neo-retro craze. [Oct 2013]
  3. Sep 25, 2013
    SEGA succeeds in reviving one of the great classic platformers: Castle of Illusion features smooth controls, affectionate graphics and intriguing boss designs. Mickey’s new adventures are way too short, though, and lack ambitious level composition. The original was a challenge and a hard nut to crack, the reworks is a mere casual game.