Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil PC

6.1

1. DuV
    Jan 5, 2009
    I feel the story and atmosphere which Doom 3 was all about, lacking, but having parts with time limits ,(air or toxic suite ticking down), makes you really appriciate the new "time stop" artifact, as it's what gets you through those moments of 10hp left and in deep dodo. Obviously, to get these experiences, you need to play at Veteran difficulty, else I reckon it'd be just a I feel the story and atmosphere which Doom 3 was all about, lacking, but having parts with time limits ,(air or toxic suite ticking down), makes you really appriciate the new "time stop" artifact, as it's what gets you through those moments of 10hp left and in deep dodo. Obviously, to get these experiences, you need to play at Veteran difficulty, else I reckon it'd be just a bore! So, not bad, not great, scary enough when played on the right difficulty, I just arrived at Delta labs to be teleported to hell, looking forward to the change of scenery! Expand
  2. AlBundy
    Jun 7, 2005
    I got screwed buying doom 3, so this one I checked on the friends machiene before i commit. Bottom line: mindless walking around, zombies, dark places, then more zombies...all over again.
  3. ArmageddonPotato
    Jun 5, 2006
    IMO this was better than doom 3 itself, as the slowdown effects were new. The ghetto gravity gun was obviously ripped off from hl2, but honestly anything they can learn from better FPS games is fine by me, they need to study =/. It's still the same all graphics little/no gameplay.
  4. JamesC.
    Aug 2, 2007
    A bit less linear and boring then doom 3. However still completely mediocre gameplayer. Graphics graphics graphics, where's the gameplay? Why is it so linear? M E D I O C R E Rmeinded me of a worse Black.
    Nov 20, 2007
    I don't understand how anyone can give this game a 10 or a 0. Lets try a little objectivity people. This is not a great game but there have been worse. Yes, for many of us Doom 3 has been a let down. For myself I have found it to be very boring, Mostly eye candy. I wasn't very happy with any of the weapons except for the new shotgun. The flashlight issue is also annoying. The I don't understand how anyone can give this game a 10 or a 0. Lets try a little objectivity people. This is not a great game but there have been worse. Yes, for many of us Doom 3 has been a let down. For myself I have found it to be very boring, Mostly eye candy. I wasn't very happy with any of the weapons except for the new shotgun. The flashlight issue is also annoying. The visuals though beautifully rendered become extremely repetitive. HL2 is also overated but at least has some variation in scenery and doesn't spend all of its time being too dark. Most FPS type games are linear so it amuses me that so many people are hung up that. A good FPS makes you forget that it's linear by distracting you in other ways, things like old arcade style games or giving you a little room for exploration. Doom 3 simply did not do a good job of this. There is no place to explore and nothing to find. This game also could have benefited from a more interactive environment, silly little things like being able to shoot out lightbulbs or turn lights on and off via a wall switch. It's often the little things that make a game more fun. It seems that most companies these days are spending so much time on making there games look good that they have forgotten would made this genre fun in the first place. Expand
  6. SimonO.
    Sep 9, 2007
    You think they would of invented a gun with a flashlight attachment after the last mess on mars. Graphics are ok, mindless shoot-em-up, kept thinking to myself sarcastically "Oh look an empty room with dark corners, I sure hope nothing jumps out at me!".
  7. TimC
    Apr 28, 2008
    Doom 3 was masterful, whereas Resurrection Of Evil lacked in so many areas. It did not create or even build on the same atmosphere as Doom 3, more of a gun-fest then a gritty horror. The introduction of the "Grapper" gun boarders on pointless, the new enemy characters are uninspired reskins of previous models. Not enough Hell much like D3 which is a big let down. The Artifact is much like Doom 3 was masterful, whereas Resurrection Of Evil lacked in so many areas. It did not create or even build on the same atmosphere as Doom 3, more of a gun-fest then a gritty horror. The introduction of the "Grapper" gun boarders on pointless, the new enemy characters are uninspired reskins of previous models. Not enough Hell much like D3 which is a big let down. The Artifact is much like the Grabber in the sense that it is does not suit the game play or style of game in the slightest. I am a big fan of the doom franchise, i have litterally grown up with them,however Resurrection of Evil is just a plain obnoxious add on pack. Expand

1. The game we were all hoping Doom 3 was going to be in the first place. It just took a few more months and the help of Nerve Software to get there. The difficulty is much higher now, but with the added power of the double-barrel shotgun and the innovative uses of the grabber, plus the insanely cool artifact gameplay balances out nicely.
    While RoE provides much more interesting and tactically useful environments, it still doesn't quite offer the challenges we've become accustomed to with shooters like "Far Cry" and "Half-Life 2."
  3. It adds enough new weapons and enemies to make the expansion feel like a solid companion to the original. If Doom 3 left you wanting more, you'll find what you're looking for in Resurrection of Evil.