6.4

1. Dec 26, 2013
    Abusive and annoying community. Very basic game. Character design and image is very minimal and adds now really feel to them. You need a very good PC to run the game properly and smoothly, despite the graphics looking dated.

Try other MMOBAs before returning to this one.
  2. Dec 27, 2013
    they dnt give diretide n time. basically game is terrible. if u play game u no wat diretide is n i lose much of everything from not diretide... basically how am i get item when u give me diretide then dnt.. then wehn i qwit then they give diretide.. okay not fair what is retard game?
  3. Dec 29, 2013
    terrible community, new heroes take forever to release and all that's being released are unnecessary cosmetics, seems to me that valve just cares about making money. On the bright side, it's free to play and has really good gameplay. Certainly the best moba game there is right now.
  4. Dec 29, 2013
    How to explain my DOTA2 rating in easy points....

1. It is always the same crap! Same map, same conditions, same stuff....feels like a demo!
    2. The match-making is totally crap. Newcomers get no chance to win, since the more advanced players use the same OP strategies over and over again!
    3. The graphics are just old. Sure it is looking better than Warcraft 3, but for a 2013 game
    looking a little better, than a 2003 game, is a shame!
    4. The early access price some months ago....WTF?!....they wanted over 10 Euro for giving early access to the game. Sure it changed, since noone wanted to play this game. Now everyone plays it, because Steam/Valve spammed massive gift-copies.

It is a shame, that they destroyed such a good modded-map from Warcraft 3 and made this micropayment crap. You old-school dota-players should be ashamed for supporting this crap!

BTW: Gamereactor Sweden gets my full love for being fair and giving a fair score and judgement to this game. All others: SHAME ON YOU FOR GETTING PAID BY VALVE!
  5. Dec 30, 2013
    Excellent game, especially considering it's free. Fun, smooth gameplay, a wide variety of heroes and endless opportunities for improvement are some of the best aspects of the game. However, there is one facet of this game that keeps me from giving it a 10. The community. There are plenty of friendly, fun people playing the game but they are the silent majority. It is almost guaranteed that you will have at least a couple rotten, pathetic losers in each match. Generally they will attack the person that in their mind is bringing the team down and it can quite often ruin the experience for everybody involved.

In summation, this game is definitely worth a try. If you have thin skin make frequent use of the mute button and most of your matches will go smoothly. The learning curve for this game is very steep but also very rewarding.
  6. Dec 30, 2013
    Nonsensical matchmaking, imbalanced heroes, horrible community, same heroes picked every single pub... After 1 year of playing Dota 2 and over 1000 games, I finally snapped.
  7. Jan 15, 2014
    DOTA is probably the best representative of the genre MOBA. People who previously played LoL may have problems with the mechanics of the game. Valve game is harder than the competition of Riot Games does not mean it is bad. The visuals look very high level, and the sound is also not bad. The only thing that rejected me from the game is quite high require further hardware. As far as LoL goes on older computers so much DOTA may have a problem with that. As for the heroes they are less than LoL but are more balanced. Community is quite good, and the flamer hits once every 4-5 matches. If DOTA had lower requirements would be among my favorite games. Expand
  8. Jan 1, 2014
    I played Dota for a long time, but was frustrated with the heroes who used magic because the damage does not increase with the items (some only). Hard to imagine a mage with items of intelligence becomes stronger in physical damage. For this and other reasons currently playing LoL.
  9. Jan 3, 2014
    terrible match making........ terrible comminty i play more than one year more than 1000 game
    resolt nothing steall i have to play with noobs with terrible people sorry valve no more dota 2 speacialy after last ridiculus match making thing
  10. Jan 3, 2014
    Dota 2 is one pretty dynamic and growing MOBA. And the big difference between Dota 2 and other MOBA Games is that there not just the Abilities from your Hero. You can get a lot of different Abilities and other Active Skills from you Equipment. And i think that Valve is doing a great job with different Events. Even the Shop System is more then fair, because you can win different Visual Items while a Match. BTW sry for my bad English. Expand
  11. Jan 3, 2014
    There's 2 things about Dota 2 it's completely free and it's developed by VALVe. If that's not enough for you to try this game I don't know what is. The only thing that you have to spend in order to play this game is time. That's right, Dota 2 is not like most other games and that's because it's very complex, so be patient, learn the mechanics and once it's in your system then you'll start having a hell lot of fun. I wouldn't recommend it if you're a casual gamer and can't be bothered to invest that time. If that's the case and you want to play a MOBA then that's where LoL comes in. If you already play LoL and want something more challenging and more rewarding then by all means try Dota 2. Plus it has way better graphics, great character customization and doesn't require any money to unlock heroes (which I find very frustrating in LoL). It is also more balanced imo. As for the community, well it's still a MOBA so don't expect too much, although it's not so bad Expand
  12. Jan 5, 2014
    DOTA2 is a very hit and miss game. On one hand you can get a game where everyone if cooperating well, when this happens the game is an easy 10/10, however this games major flaws are the users themselves. When checking "English" in the language pref's and in the USA servers, you are almost guaranteed to find a lot of non-English speakers with terrible ping. This leaves the game unfair and quit a few people quit out.

Good when everyone is in game, absolutely terrible otherwise.
  13. Jan 6, 2014
    Great game addictive as hell while the game is a MOBA so obviously it is quite similar to other MOBA games like LoL but unlike LoL the best feature is how there is now pay to win as all heroes are available from the start so although with OVER 100 heroes it will take at least 15 games to find the right one once you do it is incredibly fun and the game is one with huge strategic complexity.
    And although there is quite a steep learning curve to help you climb the hill quicker there are several community created builds and guides for all the characters and there is the ability to watch professional teams and top rated players play so you can see how to play each characters also the graphics a beautiful.
  14. Jan 6, 2014
    Pros: Great graphics/interface Easy matchmaking Sucessful ported game from dota 1 Cons: Colision system is so high Camera distance very low Heroes are visual polluted Battle is very polluted, you need take a good look to understand wath is happening Matchmaking system fails Lack of local player baning system The given priority to cosmetic itens Were is the dam raking system, no rank no moba valve! Expand
  15. Jan 7, 2014
    engrossing game. character variety brilliant. lots of player guides. in no time, youll have your favourite characters that you like playing. mine are Shadow Shaman (good fire and forget turret destroyer ultimate until its nerfed if ever). Lycanthrope(good wolves,down boy, hehe) and Mirana. there are a lot of guys who get frustrated if you dont play the game their way- but remember it is a team game. mute the idiots. when you followed other guys plans and it didnt work, hold yer tongue from saying i told you so and think what you are going to do in the next. i like to play for the team as opposed to personal score. much rather die and take down a turret and help win the game than get a good kill score ratio. remember the aim is to destroy the other team's base not just bash their heroes(though it helps) and your creeps (npc henchmen) go a long way to help that. weaken the towers, weaken the other players creeps if you dont destroy them and youll help your creeps in destroying their base. played 2 games a few days ago where my ally just said to us stop pushing meaning stop advancing...silly thing to say as advancing means going fwd (wasnt stop attempting to push). i played with him in 2 games on the trot as an ally. took another ally player (thats how i am)in 2nd to remind him what the aim of the game is). also too many kids which say 'commend me' or 'commend me please' aswell as idiots because that is most definitely what they are, who say 'Report xyz' as if other players dont have a brain-i dread to think how many poor guys have got bans or similar because of the reporting system and other players being led by this if i was valve i'd do away totally with the reporting system. i know its a bit controversial but id have seperate rooms geared for going for the win and going for player score hopefully alleviating the 'lets run around weakening and upsetting the oppo when our score is so stacked right now that we can literally walk into the base and win but lets inflict more pain' mentality for those who dont like doing that. have a variety of game plans, situation dependent. sometimes its good to go as a group but also that one lone guy can achieve much whilst 4 others gank. its whats so good about the game. lots of strategies, lots of characters and a lot of people think they know best, dare i say it, including me, lol. play the game, try it but keep a thick skin. i love it. the mp entry does need sorting though- 1 player declining which sends you all back to matchmaking is a bit silly. Expand
  16. KiX
    Jan 9, 2014
    Everything I had expected of Defence of The Ancients is there.
    I love graphic and audio. Models, effect, animations, sounds, all are my cup of tea. Casts from events are very enjoyable as well. I found commentators from Beyond The Summit or JoinDOTA very passionate informed and fun to listen to.

Community is like any other anonymous internet community. It feels like egoists, elitists,
    griefers and haters are loudest and everywhere (as you can see here). For best (hate free) experience play with people you already know. Expand
  17. Jan 9, 2014
    Many blame the game for its horrible community. It is indeed rude and childish, but to blame the game itself for it would be pointless. As for the game itself, it's pointless to rate a free-to-play product of such quality and stability lower that 10, as Valve has done tremendous job to preserve DotA into Source engine and introduce new elements which help attract new players and old players alike.
  18. Jan 18, 2014
    This game is not great for the next generation of first Dota. Because the game with big size and have only few improment. First Dota only need under 10 mb for one map. This is very not great.
  19. Jan 21, 2014
    I'm waiting Terrorblade long while not adding the hero awaited by me and many I did not come back to play it, already disappointed several times and am no joker to reveal more than once
    I'm passionate about the game, but when icefrog took care of him was much better, this valve breaking several fans.
  20. Jan 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is good on his own and I like it.She may not like the other, although some people do quite mediocre reviews oblivious to prudence, well, this is Dota 2 players. Expand
  21. Jan 27, 2014
    Amazing gaming, VERY difficult to learn but amazingly rewarding when you start to understand the mechanics and using little details that can turn the tide of a game on the long run.
  22. Jan 27, 2014
    Negative points just come from the delay Diretide event. People are not really mean. Great graphics, best RPG gameplay, great metagame. E-sport game of the year 2013. Enough said!
  23. Jan 28, 2014
    Its a very good game. I started playing since the beta about 1 and a half year ago. Its true that its hard to master the game but Its very interesting and fun to master each hero. As you get to learn that each character is situational and not the same. I have become addicted to it and i find it as my favorite Action RTS.
  24. PUR
    Jan 28, 2014
    This game is Amazing, it can be a little troublesome for players without experience in the MOBA genre at the start, but overtime you will experience a feeling of retribution each time you learn and improve your gameplay. The game is still evolving, constantly providing features to help new players learn the basic game play mechanics, adding new content and balancing what is available. The community can be harsh at first, but you will gain friends by communicating and mechanics for penalizing bad conduct are available and efficient. Expand
  25. Jan 29, 2014
    One of the most addicting games I have ever played! I started playing Dota 1 around 2004 and went on to play Dota 2 when it was in beta. I agree with many of the negative posts here that the matchmaking system is flawed and that the game itself has some issues, but I don't think that these issues overshadow the fact that this is a great game. Yes the community isn't the most noob friendly and people can be overwhelmingly retarded sometimes, but if you have some good friends to play the game with, you are certainly going to enjoy it. Expand
  26. Jan 30, 2014
    This game is awesome. This 180 degrees better than the previous game. It has more better graphic, more easily to play and the most I love is this game has the build guide that makes newbie can join to play too :)
  27. Jan 31, 2014
    Nice game, nice graphics and sounds. Very good gameplay. It's a cooperative RTS so it could be very stressful, a match could last an hour. Anyway the interface is pretty and very clean and the game is well balanced. Just perfect for it's genre (beside the aforementioned design choices).
  28. Feb 2, 2014
    I like dis game very much. I wait long time, but Volvo giff me diretide and new character to play with. Game is not dead anymore. Thank you Volvo, I buy your car and game for long time.
  29. Feb 3, 2014
    Story: 2 out of 10, Graphics: 8 out of 10, Fun: 9 out of 10, Controls: 7 out of 10, Ease to Learn: 3 out of 10, Multi-player: 9 out of 10, Length: 6 out of 10, Re-play: 9 out of 10, Value: 9 out of 10
  30. Feb 5, 2014
    Dota 2 is strictly competitive MOBA and it is not easy to learn. Pros: - Dota 2 is absolutely free - There are a lot of tournaments played on this game - Great roster of heroes - Deep item builds and team strategies - High replayability Cons: - Hard to learn - Has TF2 hat virus - New heroes are often promised to get released yet it takes a lot if time to release them. - A lot of ragequitters that ruin the game.

I gave this game 8 our of 10 because this game is not perfect but still a great game nontheless!
  31. Feb 17, 2014
    This one of my favorite games - appears simple but is devilishly complex. You'll want to proceed through the entire tutorial, and then ease into multiplayer, expecting significant early failure. Stick with it though, and experience one of the finest in free to play competitive RTS.
  32. Feb 22, 2014
    Don't say that this game is bad... of course league of legends is better ( it has more 5 years in it's age)... but Dota is pretty good too i hope this community changes. The graphics are epic and the game play it is not so good but you can play it very well. Review your ideas about this game!
  33. Feb 23, 2014
    Probably the best game ever made, gj valve.Probably the best game ever made, gj valve.Probably the best game ever made, gj valve.Probably the best game ever made, gj valve.
  34. Feb 23, 2014
    I love this game. It is hard, it has depth, and most of all it is very addictive. You will never play two matches the same, EVER. It is competitive and the community reflects it. The game mechanics are solid. I love the art design. They do events according to the season which is engaging. The game is completely free to play. You do not have to buy anything to enjoy the game. All of the heroes are free to try out at your leisure. The only thing that is for offer is cosmetics. Which in itself is enticing. I bought the portal pack and regret nothing. Listening to GlaDos announce the match never gets old. If you have a PC I highly recommend you play the game for yourself. I give it a 10/10! Expand
  35. Feb 26, 2014
    i lowe it i love it twoja stara i still hate it 2/10 trololololololollolooloololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololo
  36. Feb 26, 2014
    I have 800 hours into this game and am still deeply engaged and learning. Amazing depth in skills, interactions and repeat play. It is Free to Play, but I have spent $ on vanity items, but that is just it, they are VANITY items. No pay to win here. I am largely a solo player, so I have to rely on random or half stack teams. Though I play BOTS games will my less competitive friends and have a good time with them, I do see where causal players can be turned off.

Cons: I wish that VALVE would do some IP restrictions on their servers, playing US EAST or WEST with players Pinging in at 500+ is pretty brutal. People can be real jerks and make it unfun.

DOTA2 is a love hate for sure, you will love it and hate yourself and your team.
    That is MOBAs in general and it is best in class.

Plus drafted ability mode is ridiculously fun. Just stay the hell away from All Pick.
  37. Mar 11, 2014
    This game could be cool but there is something wrong with it. IT'S **** MATCHMAKING. VOLVO, CAN YOU THINK ABOUT IT? PEOPLE WITH 3K HOURS DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY! OMG
  38. Mar 14, 2014
    gtfo league fanboys and stop hating on dota because you decided to play the n00b moba and found dota too hard for you lololololololololololololololololol
  39. Mar 14, 2014
    One of the best game I've ever played, even though learning curve is really high it still gives lots of fun.
    For some reasons I heard that this game is really imbalanced, probably because it's mostly directed to competitive scene.
  40. Mar 15, 2014
    Dota 2's genius gameplay, allows you to strategize in different ways with the different heroes selected. It's satisfying to perform tactics that you and your teammates plan, providing an exciting challenge against your enemies. While the design can be irritating at times, and while the user interface in-match could be less distracting, Dota 2, in the most time, flawlessly and beautifully.
    The heroes are divided by two optional choices for their hero: to make him an attacker or supporter. It depends on the overall strength and power value that the hero has. It's a must to strategize with the two elements combined, because it makes for a good teamwork and a valuable time. Killing other players is important, but slashing some creeper blood isn't bad either, helping the player to earn coins for buying important items and to earn experience, which levels you up to upgrade your powers. The powers are specialized attacks or other abilities which need to be used cleverly to positively perform the duty. They either do damage, heal, teletransport, make clones... you get it, there is a LOT of abilities counting all the heroes. And the items too need to be bought and used smartly, where the player needs to focus more on suggested items. If the suggested items are not workable right, then the dictionary helps you with everything, starting from instructions by users, to actually and visually showing what items and powers to focus on. It's really helpful. Also, crafting needs to be mentioned, for, basically, buying the expensive items that you want easier and safer.
    The objective of every match is to destroy enemies' defenses and to finally destroy the Ancient tower of the enemy. When you with your teammates do that, your team wins. But it gets more complicated than that, because on the other hand enemies are trying to do the same thing. If they teamwork and use powers well, they're more likely to win. But, to prevent that from happening, obviously you with your teammates need to do better than that. Playing individually is not recommended, because it shows selfishness to the player and the team might loose. So, the most important obligation is teamwork in this game.
    The game itself has some modes which don't change the gameplay style, but only the hero selection style. And that is really nice, because it adds multiverse to the game. I don't know if you understood the last sentence, but you'll get it if you dig deeper.
    Does the tutorial help? Yes, it kind of does, but you need to get an experienced player to instruct you how to play the game. And playing with bots when you start playing is recommendable.
    Is this game good? Dota 2 is a fantastic MOBA. Well, what did you expect from Valve? 8/10
  41. Mar 16, 2014
    This game's user score should be at least 2 higher because of all the "DIRETIDE PLZ VOLVO" reviews that people did.
    Anyway this is going to be a short review. The game is free, yet is not pay to win, has around a hundred playable heroes all very different and versatile and is constantly updated. I mean come on, how can you not love it? The graphics are great, mechanics are smooth and no
    single hero is overpowered if the opponent is smart and can utilize his items and hero abilities. This is the TF2 of the MOBA genre, except that it's even better in the retrospect that nothing you buy can aid you to win. The only downside to the game its very steep learning curve but if you put in enough time the game is immensely fun. 200 hours in and I love it to bits. Highly recommended. Expand
  42. Apr 2, 2014
    I'm play on the SEA servers as playing on the other servers causes lag.Majority of the people met here are Pinoys.Granted not all of them flame and feed and harass and spoil the game,but the ones who do,do it in extreme.It's never fun to play as you get these brainless dirtbags most of the time.There are other reasons involved for this rating such as sad server mainenence,loads and loads of useless cosmetics and a single map to play on.Frankly speaking the pinoys should have their own servers(whuch won't happen) or should be banned from Dota 2.I've left the game and if you do play on SEA servers I suggest you dropout too which would grant you peace of mind. Expand
  43. Mar 20, 2014
    Valve gave great tutorial about this game and the gaming system is great. With MMR system, you can hone your skill in playing such game. Also this game offer many cosmetics, though some are overpriced in my opinion. This game is addictive.
  44. Mar 23, 2014
    дота говно ебаное блядь пиздец хуйня для мудаков и долбоебов сраная поебень созданая очкодерами для очкодрал вшивый высер от обоссаных уебков и хуесосов
  45. Apr 3, 2014
    Dota 2 concerteza é o melhor MOBA atualmente, por mais que o jogo possa ter alguns defeitos, o que é normal em todo game, a Valve vem trabalhando muito em cima disso, moldando o Dota 2, que tem por "natureza" a maior complexidade de jogo dentre os demais MOBAs, e tornando-o um jogo cada vez mais falado e amado pelos jogadores.
    Devido a isso espero que, com o passar do tempo, vejamos um
    game free to play, que trara grandes experiencias, entreterimento e diversao para seus jogadores, telespectadores e para as pessoas em geral, sendo assim quebrando todas as espectativas e recordes de evolução dos eSports que existem por aí. Obrigado. Expand
  46. Apr 4, 2014
    The best game ever...
    IceFrog idea of a competitive game has been taken to the next level with Valves support and built a whole world up around it.
    Many hours spent playing this game and I see many many more coming.
  47. Apr 6, 2014
    DOTA Is a very difficult game. If you are looking for a more Casual MOBA style game. Don't play DOTA 2. It takes a lot of time to learn and is a game that takes years to master. League of Legends is the casual persons MOBA game. With that being said. DOTA is a lot of fun for people who take the time to learn how to play it. It has deep varied strategies and with every devastating loss you will find a glorious victory. I played League for a couple years before DOTA 2 came out and it was fun, but once DOTA 2 came out I left it behind because DOTA has a lot more to offer and you can't beat the original. Expand
  48. Apr 7, 2014
    For me the best MOBA there is to play. It is very difficult and challenging to new players but if you grab a few friends that are on the same skill level that you are you are going to have a blast. My only gripe with the game is that you can see what heroes the enemy team picks so counter picking is a really annoying thing to do but is done often.
  49. May 22, 2014
    ===========
    It may have not started the MOBA gender when it first came out as a custom map for Warcraft 3 in 2003 (because the custom map for StarCraft 1 called Aeons of Strife did that) but it's the KING of
    moba & also the hardest to master. I've played it since late 2009.

My only problem with this game is the low priority thing: you cannot teach players how to behave, Valve. You are definetely not encouraging players to come back with this heavy LP law. People are not bad by nature, don't punish them. In a 45 minute to sometimes over an hour match life could call at any moment: wife pregnant, feeder ruining the game or whatever - people naturally want to leave if there's a problem. You are encouraging bad behaviour actually with LP and let's not mention that people in LP can't leave the game safely if someone else does - remove it entirely.
  50. Apr 8, 2014
    There are many key points to the game's success.
    First, the valuable lesson of teamwork! However, there is a small price of self-esteem and a 99 percent chance of being yelled at by your a**hole of a teammate. But hey, that's nothing!
    Also, ease of access is another important point! Just choose which Russia you want to play in!
    Many critics were happy with this product! For instance,
    jremy1253 commented,

"Before I played DotA 2, I though the Brazilians were only bad at soccer".

You see? Important life lessons! And to DotA fans, remember, you are entitled to your opinions, but this is mine. Please do not take it personally, otherwise risk facing a slight chance of ulcers, rage, and other side effects that would be harmful to the average human.

Thank you, and have a lovely evening.
  51. Apr 12, 2014
    Theres a reason this is the most played PC game of all time as of the moment. The first few games suck yes but when you learn you cant put it down. If one person on your team feeds you lose but i dont have a problem with losing i still have fun. A game can take from 20mins to 1 or so hours its a joy to play with friends i recommend it highly. 10/10 Ruined my life.
  52. Apr 15, 2014
    This game is for those who have time and determination Upon reading these reviews, you will notice some things: --Reviews are almost completely 9&10s or 1&2s --Professional Critic reviews are very high --Many people choose to speak about Valve rather than the actual game I think that from this, we can assume a few things. -- This game is definitely not for everyone. If you are not willing to put in many hours a few moments of pure frustration, read no more. This game is not for you. If you will not accept that defeat may occur in the most humiliating way, read no more. If you cannot accept that updates are made based on the most recurring needs, not your own, read no more.
    -- This game has massive potential, but the potential of any given match is determined by the players. If you want a perfectly even match, you cannot find it! The reason being that a 'perfect' match cannot exist! You will find matches that are so leaned one way that you stand no chance! However, that does not mean you should quit. The 'currency' of dota is build items. The more you have, the more money and/or time you have put in the game. Typically, items are awarded only to the best player of the winning team, but one can earn an item regardless if you are good enough. Just to put an example, I once had a game where 3 out of the 5 people on my team quit. This meant that odds were 100% I would lose. But i played well enough I was awarded an item.
    -- Valve is a large company. They simply could not support a customer feedback group large enough to help every single person within a timely manner. Sending something to valve only ensures that the said mail will be read at some point, not that you will get a reply. Many low reviews comment on the slowness of the updates. This is not true. Small updates are made almost constantly in a process called the 'balance changelog' which ensures that no hero/item is too powerful. Major updates, such as a new character or likewise feature are rare, but no rarer than in any other game!
    -- People will sabotage a game for their own. Many low reviews state that dota is horrible in every way. I would be surprised if the majority of these people did not play league of legends, a similar and fun spin-off of dota. Critics judge the game without comparison to others, it is their job. Meanwhile the rest of us cannot help our bias. I have mine, you have yours, and every other review on this page has theirs.
    -- Dota is, by no stretch of the imagination, perfect. It has its flaws, such as a community that for the most part I have found to be silent or polite, but with some nastiness found on any multiplayer game. Honestly, the community is better here than on any console shooter I've played. There are bugs that can ruin a game and that people claim exist forever (In reality valve does not tell you they are fixed, they just fix the bugs) and of course the matchmaking! Remember that while some matches are unfair, the computer is doing the best with what it has. The computer can only put you in a match for the regions you select with other people joining a game at the same time as you. Be kind to the robots. They will spare you in the uprising.
    -- People lie. If you believe every statistic given here, you are a fool. Many of the facts are true to a specific point in time far in the past, and many more are simply lies given by people who got beat up by a bloodseeker their first game and never played again.

I hope this review has been helpful. And please, don't judge after one game. Thats like judging you based on a single sentence you have uttered. (This would be uh.... for most of us)
  53. Apr 21, 2014
    Удивительно, что нашлись средства и люди для воплощения в жизнь из столь маленького дополнения в нечто большее. В Доте нет ничего особенного. Ни смысловой нагрузки, ни визуальных прелестей и ничего другого тоже.
  54. Apr 24, 2014
    This game ruined my life! Very addictive and irresistible. Been playing dota for 10 years now and dota 2 just made it more great. The graphics, the art style, pvp matching actions, and more just made it more great . I quit several times but still I keep coming back. There's something in this game that keeps us coming back and get more hyped. I recommend it to every hardcore gamers out there.
  55. Apr 28, 2014
    Definitely one of the best games i've ever played. I started out playing LoL but tried out dota and it turned out to be great! I love it. It's especially fun to play with your friends if you are 5. It makes it more fun and give you more teamplay and you will win easily! Try it!
  56. May 2, 2014
    Não tem como eu falar que esse jogo é ruim, foi só o jogo que eu mais joguei na minha vida. É um jogo extremamente competitivo onde o dinheiro de verdade não interfere.
  57. May 2, 2014
    No doubt DOTA is actually one of the best games on his genre. When Valve decided to work on this game, I thought it would be like the others games that ended up not being that good (HoN, LoL, etc), at least for me these games were not even close to the most basics of DOTA. Is true LoL is a very popular and attractive game, and actually is easiest to begin play this game than dota, but Im sure if you learn to play dota, you would probably dislike LoL a lot, and its because LoL is simpler than DOTA... you really need more skills and more micro. And one of the best things (also, a bad thing for so many) is even if you have the highest skill of the two teams, the highest micro, the highest experiencie, you would probably lose 50 percent of the times. And thats because the game is balanced, is a game of TEAMWORK, if you forget this, you will end thinking in things like "I lost cause my team was bad", "I can't play this game if Volvo keep trolling me with the team", so if you team is "bad" you have to remember that you are playing with them, so your skills levels are actually the same. If you want to win more you need to keep improving your TEAMWORK skills and your Personal skills. Thats the key. Expand
  58. May 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. DotA 2 is not a game for a newborn toddler.
    It's a team work.
    It's a passion.
    If you sucks first, lots of my friends did it in 2004 (while in dota1).

There are live (2min delayed) games to watch. Watch pro player do they job. Learn.
    Look dota profile of some best international players, download their game replay. Learn from them and from their mistake.

Some hero best against others and worse against another. That where came plenty of items to choose and skills to build. There are no exact guide line or tutorial to play Dota 2 but this one: destroy enemy ancient.

Some heroes are nuke, high damage but effective on single low hp enemy.
    Some heroes are pusher, easily push creeps to destroy enemy creeps, towers, structures.
    Some heroes are tanker, hardly to kill, protect they team mate doing their nasty jobs to win the game.
    Some heroes are carry, they choose what enemy heroes to kill first.
    Some heroes are disabler, silence or stun some or one enemy hero.
    Some heroes are initiator, initiate war.
    Some heroes are jungler, stay out of enemy sight
    Some heroes are weak on war, but good on one-on-one.
    Some heroes are strong against more enemy heroes.

Plenty of items to choose to exploit your jobs assigned in your team.
    If you are killer, do kill, kill, and keep killing to stop enemy heroes push forward your ancient.
    If you are pusher, do push, destroy enemy structures (tower, barrack), and it's okay if you get killed, and killed, and killed again as long as your team win the game.
    If you are tanker, make sure you are the one being attacked, not your nuke or pusher, since they are usually weak on war, but make sure you don't die easily. If you killed, make sure your team' killers kill more and win the war.

If enemy good in war, mass stunner, mass disabler, area effect, DONT GO WAR, stay alive, wait, do patiently, and kill
  59. May 7, 2014
    I've never played a worse game in my entire life. How does something this bad leave the drawing board phase? Valve, get it together. We are waiting for Half-Life 3 for 10 years and you deliver this trash? ...
  60. May 9, 2014
    Valve time and time again has disappointed its userbase now by not releasing its compendium for their grand tournament TI4. It actually pains me to give it such a low score because i tried to believe. But as with diretide they have failed in satisfying its players. This is where League outperforms valve in almost every aspect. And dont even get me started on the server downtimes as well as the LAG. Which in all of my time playing League of Legends, I have never experienced Expand
  61. May 9, 2014
    Used to love the game. But valve refuses to implement region locks. They only feel the need to use them when people are capitalizing on their trade system. It seems when the community wants something to alleviate language barriers, they can't even respond to them, but if someone is bartering their games, then they nip it asap. Money hungry pigs.
  62. May 11, 2014
    This game is so addictive. There are over 50 heroes that you can choose. this game requires skill and good technique to play it. I recommend this game also for new comers. Give this game a try and don't hesitate while playing it and you for sure will love it.
  63. May 14, 2014
    Great game. Discount the negative reviews. All of them were made by idiots. This game has improved a lot in the 3 years its been available to the public. Amazing voice acting. Amazing visual effects.
  64. May 17, 2014
    This game is the best MOBA ever. Some peoples says "League Of Legend is better than Dota", but League Of Legend is a copy of Dota (it's my opinion). But we are don't here to discuss about the Dota/League Of Legend fight. I want to say my opinion about Dota 2, and my opinion is very positive ! This game has no limit, you never get bored ! This is so fabulous ! I think Dota has a great future, and will remain for some years a very popular and great game ! Expand
  65. May 21, 2014
    Who is to say that this game is not great? I would say that if you enjoy planning out attacks and that you are a cunning strategist, then this game is right for you. The strategy behind this game is what makes this game great, I don't know why so many people dislike this game. I think it is because it is not your typical Call of Duty that does nothing but make you angry, where this game actually expands your thought-processing and helps you become a better strategist. I highly recommend playing this great strategy game. Expand
  66. May 25, 2014
    I started playing the original DotA mod on Warcraft 3 around 2006 and that quickly became my most-played game. And, ever since Dota 2 came out in Beta, I've grown even more attached. I love everything about this game. I'm very competitive in nature, and the level of complexity continually leaves me a ton of things to improve on. I know that the steepness of the learning curve can be a turn-off for a lot of people, but it's well worth it, in my opinion. It gives a sense of accomplishment, and there are a lot of resources out there for new players to take advantage of. Furthermore, I think the game has a great pace to it. There is never a dull moment, but, at the same time, it's not physically overwhelming (once you know what other heroes do... to me that's the biggest hurdle. Things seem to fall into place after you've learned that much). Also, the community is actually pretty solid in my opinion. I do think that the massive outpouring of negative reviews on this site is a blemish on the community, but outside of that, I think relative to any other gaming community, Dota's is actually pretty decent, especially at higher MMRs. In addition, for anyone who likes getting items/cosmetics, Dota has an insane amount. I never really cared about anything like that in the past, yet somehow I still find myself buying compendiums and getting excited when I get an items drop. Lastly, the game is pretty well-balanced. To me, that might be the biggest positive. Yes, there are strong heroes, but every single one of them has a counter. There are some that don't always fit the meta, but they all have something unique to offer. I've never in my life experienced that level of depth and balance in any game whatsoever, and I think that makes the replay value infinite. I don't think there is any other game out there that has this level of competition AND depth. Sure there are deep RPGs, for example. And, there are competitive FPSs. But, nothing has the combination quite like Dota. There are other games in the genre that may come close, but even they don't have the same complexity.

In sum, Dota has something for everyone: fun cosmetics, deep gameplay, a good pace, a high degree of competition, and tools to learn the game. 10/10 no doubt. I'm the type of guy who likes to spread my enjoyment among many activities (sports, board games, video games, any random fun stuff) and yet Dota after many years still seems to sit right near the top of things I like to do (and the amount of time I've spent playing it proves it).
  67. May 28, 2014
    This is the OG of Moba's. The depth of this game puts it on a level far about the Moba's that have come after it. If you want true Moba immersion Dota 2 is the game you want.
  68. May 29, 2014
    One of the best games I've ever played. These is so much depth to the gameplay that comes into play each game- positioning, item choice, farming, team composition, etc.
    Not an easy game to get into and far from simple to master, but very satisfying. 10/10 been playing for a year and will likely continue to play for a long time.
  69. May 31, 2014
    At first I sucked and then I sucked some more but game by game I slowly got a hold of how to play. From frustrating to thoroughly enjoyable in about 3 and a half matches. Completely free to play, there is a cash shop but it seems to me it's only for skins and costumes.

If you are on the fence as I was just get the game it's free and play through four matches after that you will start
    getting some kills and each hero is an entirely new game. Expand
  70. Jun 1, 2014
    Yes this game is hard to learn. yes people can be rather aggressive. yes it is possibly the best multiplayer experience I've ever had and yes once you play at least 10 games you'll be hooked. I try to play at least one game a day and have been doing so for months and don't plan on stopping. Give the game a chance (more like 5) and I guarantee that you'll see why its the most played game on steam. be prepared to be dumbfounded as to why you were playing anything else.

also a side note: the games free. steam is free. the only thing u have to lose from giving it a try is alil self respect in the beginning. but don't worry after one game where u actually do really good you'll feel like a million bucks.
  71. Jun 5, 2014
    Best game i've ever played!!
    And it's also addictive as hell, I've played it for more than 1600 hours and I still have many things to learn and increase, love this game!!
  72. Jun 5, 2014
    I may not the the biggest fan of this game. But sorry for saying, the idiots who spammed with 0s and "diretide" really pity me. I want to give at least this 10 of mine to fix the curve maybe a tiny bit...
  73. Jun 5, 2014
    This game is for old DOTA players, not friendly at all to newbie. But it's a lot of fun. The game improved a lot fo stuff from the original DOTA, and making the game play super fluent. Skills and experience are important. Players can enjoy the games for a very long time, and never get the feeling of repetition.
  74. Jun 7, 2014
    OK, I have never written a review on here before but couldn't let this incredible game get such bad reviews! No it does not take 15 Million hours to be able to play, watch a few tips videos and have a go! I have played 20 games, won 9 lost 11 so pretty much down the middle. It is the most enthralling game I have ever played so, the map never changes, it doesn't in chess, It's a strategy game, enjoy it for what it is and if you haven't already, you really should give it a go! Expand
  75. Jun 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dota 2 é simplesmente o melhor jogo em estilo MOBA. Interface gráfica muito bem desenvolvida, jogabilidade excelente e boa conexão com a comunidade. E com o sistema anti-trapaça da VAC. Expand
  76. Jun 16, 2014
    I enjoy Dota 2 but the biggest problem is matchmaking. I have over 1300 hours played and my win ratio is 51% (Yes, i win over half of my games but it's really annoying when i get a 10 lose streak because lack of communication in my team or that the enemy skill level is far higher than my teams. My teammates are like first timers most of the time and the enemies are professionals compared to them. I didn't play for almost a year because i got tired of people that are noobs or either some Russians who shout: SUUUKA BLYAD IDI NAHUI I **** YOUR MOTHER NOOB. I play on EU servers with language set as English but over half of the games i play, i can't understand anything my teammates say. Expand
  77. Jun 25, 2014
    Easily the best MOBA on the market. Takes the most skill and patience to excel in the game beyond an amateur level. The people who speak against this game for the most part have not taken the lengthy time it takes to actually enjoy it. This is not by no means for a casual gamer. The gaming graphics are far superior to LOL, HON and Dawngate. I'm not downplaying those other game, but this is my opinion. The reason I like this game more than the other MOBA's is because of the difficulty. Expand
  78. Jun 30, 2014
    After over 1500 hours of playing DOTA 2 over multiple accounts I can say without a doubt that this "game" is just straight out bad -- its free price tag and artificial addiction are its only redeeming qualities. Valve actually enforces a forced 50% win ratio upon all its users making improvement and illusion, making it so that its users stay hooked playing lies in an attempt to maximize its chances at selling overpriced cosmetic items of which profits go directly to everything but updates with actual content. The game refuses to enforce region lock time and time again despite its players asking for a system to fix the Rosetta Stone advertising virus that is its Third World trolls of which are directly responsible for the unchecked rampant racism throughout the community that by the way is already dangerously toxic to begin with. Those with depression be warned, suicide and every other available insult will be mentioned as a means to fester negative feelings in its new and/or bad players as a means to repel you from this "game". The means to report this cyberbullying is unfortunately also an illusion as action comes once in a blue moon. It should be noted that balance does not exist to counter RAT-DOTA (split pushing without committing to team fights) and a means to surrender in a match does not exist despite the rampant smurfing (experienced players in new alternative accounts) in game. Do not be fooled by the paid reviews and spammed 10 point Diretide reviews people, this "game" will only waste your time, fun will be nonexistent after your first few good games and addiction will set in quickly forcing you to eventually buy useless pixels and suffer through countless bad matches for one good game that never seems to be enough -- as planned of course by the hired psychologist and higher-ups in Valve. Expand
  79. Jul 1, 2014
    The MOBA that every gamer should try for at least a few hours. DoTA is nearly ten years old and is the wisest of all the MOBAs. Each hero is playable and competitive and patches are carefully balanced on buffs and nerfs. Heroes aren't nerfed for being the flavor of the month and are still competitive after getting nerfed a wee bit.
  80. Jul 2, 2014
    the best game in the world... "One of the best, most difficult and truly competitive games I've ever played. It is free and doesn't have any pay-to-win, all heroes are free, the only paid content are cosmetical items that DO NOT change gameplay." nuff said
  81. Jul 2, 2014
    Best MOBA there is. Graphics are much better than it's competitors (LoL), it's not full of 9 year olds (LoL), it's not pay to win (LoL), and it doesnt take 3 3rd party DRMs to play (LoL). It may be hard at first, but it gets easier.

Also $10,000,000 international prizepool.
  82. Jul 26, 2014
    dota 2 will and will always be the best game it wrecks wannabe games like lol and hon because lol has terrible everything and hon is ok but dota 2 beats it in alot of aspects. For example LOL is a pay to win game with like 1000 heros every week my friend spent 100$ on it and was in a bad mood because the next day they released a better hero then another and another. not only that but if you mess up one thing in lol nothing bad happens you mess up one time in Dota 2 you lose the game. Also the fact that all of dota 2 characters are FREE thats right FREE you dont have to play 10 games to play one hero like in lol AND you DONT have to pay 30 bucks for a hero either. the only thing you can pay for is to get hero sets and additional badass gear and hon is also a wannabe that is WAY better then bad LoL Expand
  83. Jul 26, 2014
    The king of the MOBA genre.

I have logged 2.500 LoL games before swapping to DOTA and recently hit 1.000 games here. I can say that I rarely if ever regret the change. The game play is engaging and the heroes are actually different compared to LoL where your hero choice seems less important.

My main beef with the game is how hard it is to get into. The game is one unforgiving
    motherf****r and you got few tools to help you except play play and play. Learning LoL was a lot easier and I think both games can learn from each other. Expand
  84. Jul 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つVOLVO GIVE TECHIES༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Expand
  85. Aug 5, 2014
    Okay, I am very Mixed about this game. The reasons are that whilst it is a very polished and deep MOBA it lacks certain features that attract me to MOBAS as one of my favorite Genres. SO without further adue, let me begin.
    Okay so first up I want to talk about the good in this game. The classes are varied and each feels like it has an important role. The items pack a punch and a fed
    character FEELS fed. The map design is flawless with multiple levels of height with ramps needed to access them, however characters with a jump ability etc. can jump straight down. It's things like this IMO that make a good MOBA. Also, match making is very fast, which is great. No matter what time of day it is I get a match in a few seconds.
    The next thing, and this is where I am going to get into the negatives, is where I want to talk about the learning vurve (which is what frustrated me the most). When I play a Moba I personally like a locked on camers, if I want to look around etc. I will disable it for a few seconds to do so. However, Dota 2 is lacking any kind nof lock on camera, you can spam a button to simulate it but that is hardly practical. Also, the community are like a pack of hungry wolves waiting for you to slip up. This discourages new users, and if you're looking at this game as a new player wanting to try it, go play LoL, or even better, Smite.
    My last, and most ANNOYING peeve i have about this game. The god damn freaking camera movement. Not only is there no lock on camera, but you can't even use the arrow keys to look around, you have to move your mouse to the edge of the screen. This would often kill me as a ganker would kill me before I could move my mouse to order a move command.
    All in all this is a great MOBA but a very hardcore one, and if you want MOBA and FUN to be in the same sentence, do not play this game. If you are more serious then you will love it, or if you're a bit of both. You will have mixed feelings. It all comes down to your personal preference.
  86. Aug 6, 2014
    This **** sucks, terrible gameplay, terrible community, **** graphics. League for life. League> Dota 2. League> Dota 2.League> Dota 2.League> Dota 2.League> Dota 2.League> Dota 2.
  87. Sep 18, 2014
    Seriously awesome game, even though it's a bit addictive, so watch out for that.
    - Not ONE gameplay aspect requires payment.
    On a sidenote though, this game is more about competition than it is about "fun", and while playing it you may find yourself on a toxic environment, this being especially true for new players.
  88. Sep 2, 2014
    Awful gameplay. Awful graphics. Awful support from Valve. I honestly can NOT think of a single good thing about this game. League of Legends is the better MOBA in every regard.
  89. Sep 7, 2014
    Best game so far. A real time strategy packed with action ... it's ARTS ! The game have many strategies and combo you can do with heroes. The game is not a pay to win game, so you will only find cosmetics to buy or anythings related to this.
  90. Sep 13, 2014
    I have often normally had the "high five" with Sweetie Pearl J. Padilla and Maegan Ysabelle M. Belardo from Academy of Jesus by playing favorites with heroes with Naga Siren (Slithice), Moon Rider (Luna), and Skywrath Mage (Dragonus).
  91. Sep 21, 2014
    Dota 2 it's one of the most complete, difficult, competitive and addictive games out there. The gameplay it's brilliant allowing infinite amount of strategies, all the heroes are mostly balanced with only a few heroes that are really superior to the rest when used right, also it's one of the few real F2P games out there, you only have to pay for cosmetics that doesn't give you any advantages on the match.
    While Dota 2 community(one of the worse) and the game's steep learning curve can make enjoying the game difficult at the beginning; the game it's really great and it's full of good people that will try to help you get better, you just have to keep playing and try to get better.
  92. Sep 24, 2014
    I am use to playing FPS games COD, Battlefield,Soldierfront and all my mates told me to give this game ago and i watched a few videos on it and thought it was rubbish but one day i downloaded it as my mates were very pertistent and let me tell you its one of the best games ive played by far! i have racked up 1220 hours on this game already in about 7 months and play it everyday just about with my mates. so much strategy involved and alot of fun once you get past the first few bad games you have. trust me give this game a go you wont play anything else i promise. add me on steam and i can give anyone a hand if they want :Dord. good luck and have fun playing see you in there! Expand
  93. Sep 30, 2014
    To explayin my opinion about why this game have a lot of 10 and 0... First is FREE for real, you can pay or play only to estetic rewards that have not gameplay impact. probably many Zero are from players that love the competitors.. Now, the game is a Strategy game, and very deep so is not a game for all! And more important is not a COD, here if you don't play with the team..you loose.
    The map is only one because the game follow a simple rule... destroy the enemy base.

108 fantastic different unlock character at your disposition.

if you don't know the rule..if you don't try to know one hero at time..if you don't speek english, if you don't follow or play whit your team YOU CAN'T ENJOI THIS GAME.

The best to play ifact is 5 friends (5 is the team) but if you play not well but triing to do ..you'll find a lot of friends.
  94. Oct 21, 2014
    Its a MOBA, the father os MOBAs; a nice one. The game its hard as hell, and require friends to play. One of the excellent thing, its free; real free. You download the game, and play it. Its not for everyone.
  95. Oct 31, 2014
    Dota 2 was the sequel (its basically a HD remake, not a sequel) to the hugely popular Warcraft 3 mod. It was based off you select one hero from a pool and you control that hero and your creeps (AI minions) would just come wave after wave and go down a preselected lane. The original game created the MOBA genre.

Now years after the original game, huge popularity and many games to follow
    in its path do we get Dota 2. When they announced this game I was really excited, and even after thousands of hours of playing I do still enjoy it...at times.

The game runs flawlessly in the source engine, every animation looking amazing. It makes vast improvements over the original game from pregame hero selection to patches and updates to balance out heroes and items.

Since the launch of HoN (Heroes of Newerth) and LoL (League of Legends) I felt less inclined to play the older brother of the 3 and gravitated more to HoN where it got most of its ideas from Dota. S2 games is quite a bit smaller then Valve obviously, but I've found they have done a few things right.

First off, Dota has the option of what region you want to play in, but no region lock like HoN did. You will queue up for US East, and still get Brazilian and Chinese players. Now nothing against playing with people from different regions, but when you play a game that is reliant on communication, and you speak 2 different languages it makes it difficult. The game really should be region locked.

Another thing S2 did was provide a concede vote. When a player leaves the game in a ranked game, you are forced to play out the game or take a leaver status if someone leaves or you are losing. Some teams will drag out the game to an hour if the game could of ended 15 mins in.

Another very minor thing would of adding skins for your heroes over very minor pieces of gear. Some barely make your hero unique in any way and basically looks like the same as the default skin, but like i said this is a minor gripe that doesn't affect game play at all.

Overall ive spent 1000's of hours in the game and still play it, so they must of done something right, if only they would add a concede vote and a region lock I would finally be able to fully enjoy the game.
  96. Nov 8, 2014
    This is a game that I thoroughly enjoy playing. It uses RTS (Real Time Strategy) in a fun, exciting and very challenging way. The only real problem is the largely volatile community, but that is found in all games of this kind (LoL, for example). Overall: a very well-developed, well-polished game that fully deserves 10/10.
  97. Nov 9, 2014
    Two things that are enjoyed the most: fast-pace action and teamwork. If you hate these two features, you might as well not play any online video games, for Dota 2 brings these to the table of entertainment. What better way to have fun and witness euphoria than beating your opponents in a fast-pace game with your friends fighting alongside you? Dota 2 provides that type of entertainment 24/7. Dota 2 is a renowned strategy game, and over the years has shown significant improvement in graphics, characters, and gameplay. It is F2P (Free-to-Play) game and there is no P2W (Pay-to-Win) feature for a character or an account through using micro-transactions, for these purchases are primarily for accessories for different characters. There is a large amount of strategy taking place in every game played, and so what I enjoy about this game is the strategy involved. This game is truly something that is difficult to master with all the different characters and abilities and requires team communication in order to win. However, it provides entertainment all around and is fun to play with friends. Expand
  98. Nov 11, 2014
    - Hard as hell, require skill and brain .... check
    - "Good" matchmaking system ... check
    - Servers full of !@#$%^& noob / re!@#$ (sorry if this is offensive) russians, pinoys and peruvians ... check
    - Nice cosmetic system ... check
    - And last one: "Fun? You must be new"
    10/10 would play again
  99. Nov 12, 2014
    I have a serious problem with judging this game. While the game itself is the best PvP I have ever had in all my gaming life (25 years of gaming) it is the community where it fails horribly. The community in this game is awful. Some people should really be banned from playing this because they have psycholigcally brake at some point during the match and they start flaming everyone or they find the scapegoat and blame him or her. This is a very repulsive experience and this is what pushed me away from this game. Also the matchmaking system fails. Sometimes you will get matched surprisingly weird with some guys not having a single clue what to do and how to play. There is a large number of matches where you will experience and utter stomp in either side.

Besides this the actual game idea and the combat system is simply genious - the best any game has ever delivered in PvP mechanics.

1. Feb 19, 2014
    Simply irresistible and addictive as hell.
  2. Sep 1, 2013
  3. Aug 30, 2013
    A great PvP game that offers some of the most intriguing and nuanced team combat around.