Dota 2 PC

6.2

1. Nov 15, 2013
    Amazing game with awesome features. Perfect upgrade from DOTA1. Valve is putting in tons of effort and it is paying off. I can play this game 100% for free every single day. New content comes regularly and they make a point of keeping the quality high.
  2. Nov 15, 2013
    I will be very honest. DotA 2 is not perfect. But, it defined the new game genre, "Moba".

Before I write this review, I'd like to let you know that I'm a DotA veteran. I played this game since 2008. To give you a DotA-Timeline perspective, Ice Frog released Clockwerk as a new hero around the time I started to play seriously. I have thousands of gameplay hours clocked in if I include DotA 1 as well as 2. In terms of ladder, I am most definitely not a pro but I have matched against pros time to time in match makings. But I dare say I understand the game enough to analyze current metas and know why it works

[TL;DR] You can skip to "Pros and Cons" by scrolling down.

At this point, I'm going to assume you have at least tried LoL or other moba games and was interested in reading DotA 2. So I'm going skip a lot of basics.

DotA 2 is strictly a TEAM game. It doesn't matter if you are a god-like player, if your team mates doesn't perform well compare to your opponents, you will most likely lose. It's not like a FPS games where 1 player can all-kill purely by skill or luck. You can only pull that kind of off in this game if you have a good mechanic, playing a "carry"ish hero, and your team-mates make you a room to farm. Such thing as "luck" comes last. That being said, you WILL get flamed for and mocked for, if you put up a terrible performance.

Overall, if you are interested in DotA 2, I am going to assume you are one of these 3s. 1. You were interested in this game because it's free to play. 2. You are a LoL player and wanted to try DotA. 3. Your friend is making you play.

With that in mind, I will put this game as "Pros and Cons" in terms of Moba game.

Pros:
    -Solid Graphics and Design (Unified Environment+Heroes Immersion)
    -Unique Hero Compositions(Reduction on Repetitiveness)
    -Occasional Free Cosmetic Items(Like TeamFortress 2)
    -Steam Workshop(Google it)
    -Sustained Patches from Developers
    -Great Online Community Support for Guides and Info
    -Holiday Game Modes (Dire Tide)
    -Good Tutorial
    -Good In-game Functions like watching live-games or In-game Wikipedia.

Double-Edged:
    -Huge Learning Curve (Bad for new comers Time Consuming)
    -Strictly Team based vs. Individual Skill based
    -Punishment System (Disconnects, Deny Creeps, Gold Penalties from Dying)
    -Complex Items (Recipes, locations, and etc)
    -Unbalanced and will Never truly be Balanced (Any games that aren't mirror-matched will never be balanced but that's what makes the game "fun" ultimately)
    -Stricted Map (1 Map but many In-game game modes like All-Pick, Captains-Mode, Random Draft, etc)
    -Very slow new hero development unlike "HoN" or "LoL". (This is a good thing for balancing reasons but many players still want new heroes to try)

Cons:
    **** Players for Beginners (Cursing I Understand, but there are occasional piece of players who will report you for not performing well)
    -Average 35~50 Min. per Game (Long Match Commitment)
    -Rise in Blood Pressure/Possible Hair Loss (Frustration, It's inevitable)
    -Hard to play this game Casually due to "Competitiveness" and "Complexity"
    -Lack of direct Developer involvement with Players like "LoL". (Riot Youtube channel have a show called Summoner Showcase, this type of involvement with community is something Valve lacks.)

Overall, DotA 2 is clearly not a perfect game. However, it's purely user created contents due to it's Player vs. Player element. Valve is doing a good job to constantly improve the game, there is no denying it. DotA 2 may not be as colorful and creative as League of Legends, but... it's a solid game in terms of mechanics and strategy varieties. You can try this game, but unless you are willing to invest time into this game, I don't recommend you to play this game. That's my personal thought.

Thank you.
  3. Nov 16, 2013
    Unquestionably the best MOBA on the market, primarily due to the unique character design and top-notch voice acting for each hero. This is honestly the main thing that draws a lot of people back. It's something LoL never quite managed. Unforgiving, but very fun, give it a try, but don't expect the game to spoon feed you. You get back what you put in outside of the game, (watchingUnquestionably the best MOBA on the market, primarily due to the unique character design and top-notch voice acting for each hero. This is honestly the main thing that draws a lot of people back. It's something LoL never quite managed. Unforgiving, but very fun, give it a try, but don't expect the game to spoon feed you. You get back what you put in outside of the game, (watching tutorials, pro play, hints/tips, hero videos). Expand
  4. Oct 31, 2015
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE 2015 ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE 2015 ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE 2015 ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE 2015 ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE 2015 ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE 2015 ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
  5. Aug 1, 2013
    First game ever I enjoy watching. 20 years ago I would have tried to rock a bit, but I don't have the time to get into this mass of playable chars. Since I don't play vs. humans I can only judge the community watching the games and its players: you have your aholes everywhere but IMO it's not that bad as others write. A lot of ppl are friendly and answer to questions, but of course there'sFirst game ever I enjoy watching. 20 years ago I would have tried to rock a bit, but I don't have the time to get into this mass of playable chars. Since I don't play vs. humans I can only judge the community watching the games and its players: you have your aholes everywhere but IMO it's not that bad as others write. A lot of ppl are friendly and answer to questions, but of course there's always a black sheep... or two.
    Since it's F2P there is absolutly no reason for not giving it a try.
  6. Nov 2, 2013
  7. Nov 8, 2013
    More than 10 years developing a system and balancing one game. Now bringed back by Valve and Icefrog.

This game has got everything to raise to the glory. Easy to learn, Hard to master.
  8. Aiq
    Nov 2, 2013
    Thank you for your time in anticipation of the next event, there was no indication he will or not, many forums have been filled with hope, and you have them, and so did not justify adding sets and tickets, the most intesnoe update was all normal games but not here
  9. Nov 2, 2013
    Garbage matchmaking
    Garbage report system
    Garbage game engine results in 9 games without someone being able to load and you reenter the queue
    0 communication and 0 visibility no visible MMR no ladders)
    No new heroes, no diretide
    You take a perfect game and turn it into worst game ever created.
    GG WP. THX VOLVO

ps: give commander gabe pls
  10. Nov 2, 2013
    3 years development:
    all heroes ported from original: NO
    create funmodes (LoD/OMG for example): NO
    fix tons of bugs: NO
    patch every week: YES
    content of patches: ONLY HATS
  11. Nov 8, 2013
    I was a hater of the valve (still i am until promised patch), but i realized this is not a way to punish valve. Guys, its our game. Lets heal the wound of our game!
  12. Nov 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Give DIRETIDE Expand
  13. Nov 2, 2013
    bad game, there is no respect, valve bad, not even what information, give dire tide did it take long for you? very upset. GIVE DIRETIDE GIVE DIRETIDE GIVE DIRETIDE GIVE DIRETIDE GIVE DIRETIDE
  14. Nov 9, 2013
    A great game that mixes strategy individual skill timing and practice, the only complaint that I can make is it is a huge time sink. if you decide to play this game make sure you have nothing better to be doing for the next year or so.......................
  15. Nov 2, 2013
  16. Nov 2, 2013
    suka perestan' bit dabayobom a tvoyu mamu yebal pakimis tye smotrel i plakal kak malinkaya suka u tebia ochen malenki hui, skolka...pat centimetra? perestan dedushkin huy sasat.
  17. Nov 6, 2013
    The mechanics and gameplay is great, everything amazing about wc3 dota. BUT there are problems that pretty much ruin the game.
    1. The matchmaking system is so and punishes players for playing the game. Players who have 1,000s of hours on the game will get matched with people who just started. And absoulutely no good player wants noobs on thier team.
    2. NO communication form valve. All
    2. NO communication form valve. All they give us is hats. They don't care what we want.
    3. No updates with no heroes and other things in about 4 months.
    You better step it up valve or else Blizzard Dota and LoL are going to rape you.
  18. Nov 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is an absolutely awesome game! Don't pay attention to the negative reviews. Granted the game has a steep learning curve, but once you get past that it is extremely enjoyable. Love Volvo! Expand
  19. Nov 8, 2013
    Epic game, ignore the troll 0/10 reviews. based Valve gave us Diretide!

^thas all i want to say, rest is filler to get 150 chars....................................
  20. Dec 3, 2013
  21. Nov 8, 2013
    After ~1500 games played and 1600 invested in the game, I just cannot stop. I don't feel interested in any other games for that matter, whatever I try seems just boring as hell compared to Dota. A++, 10/10 Game, try it out for free!
  22. Nov 14, 2013
    There's 2 things about Dota 2 it's completely free and it's developed by VALVe. If that's not enough for you to try this game I don't know what is. The only thing that you have to spend in order to play this game is time. That's right, Dota 2 is not like most other games and that's because it's very complex, so be patient, learn the mechanics and once it's in your system then you'll startThere's 2 things about Dota 2 it's completely free and it's developed by VALVe. If that's not enough for you to try this game I don't know what is. The only thing that you have to spend in order to play this game is time. That's right, Dota 2 is not like most other games and that's because it's very complex, so be patient, learn the mechanics and once it's in your system then you'll start having a hell lot of fun. I wouldn't recommend it if you're a casual gamer and can't be bothered to invest that time. If that's the case and you want to play a MOBA then that's where LoL comes in. If you already play LoL and want something more challenging and more rewarding then by all means try Dota 2. Plus it has way better graphics, great character customization and doesn't require any money to unlock heroes (which I find very frustrating in LoL). It is also more balanced imo. As for the community, well it's still a MOBA so don't expect too much, although it's not so bad Expand
  23. Nov 8, 2013
    My all-time favourite game, period. Been playing it for well over 4 years now (started in WC3) and it just won't get boring. It was challenging (and sometimes frustrating) the first time I played it and it still is! After all this time I still learn new things about the game mechanics and interactions between heroes and skills every other game. I just love the complexity and depth ofMy all-time favourite game, period. Been playing it for well over 4 years now (started in WC3) and it just won't get boring. It was challenging (and sometimes frustrating) the first time I played it and it still is! After all this time I still learn new things about the game mechanics and interactions between heroes and skills every other game. I just love the complexity and depth of Dota... If you like a challenge and have the patience to learn a ton of new stuff I guarantee you'll have hundreds of fun hours with this game. Expand
  24. Nov 8, 2013
    I hate the Internet.; Valve are awesome; this game is seriously the best game available right now. The game itself is incredibly deep and diverse but what Valve has done around the game is a spectacle.
  25. jav
    Nov 8, 2013
    Best game there ever is. Doesn't deserve none of this crap of negative ratings because of the Diretide thing. 1000 hours on it and counting. There's no oher multiplayer game such addictive and entertaining as this one. I love it.
  26. Nov 8, 2013
    they did give diretide­
  27. Nov 8, 2013
    Excellent game in all aspects. Community and game development speed could be better but the rest is solid and good quality content. A+++ Definitely recommended!
  28. Nov 8, 2013
    VOLVO DELIVERS DIRETIDE, PRAISE GABEN, GABEN IS LOVE GABEN IS LIFE, ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノRAISE YOUR GAME
  29. Nov 8, 2013
    Amazing game. Have played it for just over a year now and have over 1200 hours logged. I don't regret a minute. Finally got around to reviewing it here to help fix the damage done by the retarded "GIVE DIRETIDE" crowd.
  30. Nov 8, 2013
  31. Nov 8, 2013
  32. Nov 8, 2013
    Dota 2 is for the gamer who likes a challenge and is fueled by a competitive nature. It's steep learning curve ends up being one of the most satisfying experiences when you see your growth in knowledge win you matches. The game is a multiplayer 5 versus 5 action real time strategy game where someone who is familiar with RTS controls will feel right at home with Dota 2. There is a greatDota 2 is for the gamer who likes a challenge and is fueled by a competitive nature. It's steep learning curve ends up being one of the most satisfying experiences when you see your growth in knowledge win you matches. The game is a multiplayer 5 versus 5 action real time strategy game where someone who is familiar with RTS controls will feel right at home with Dota 2. There is a great tutorial to get players started into the game and teaching all the basics. After that, there are still many nuances and mechanics to learn, and then master to always be challenging the player. There are over 100 heroes which provide a great variety of playstyles and with regular updates to keep things fresh and balanced, there is always something new to learn. Compared to other games in the genre the experience here feels more dynamic and not as stale to play and the core game is available right from the start, all for free without the need to unlock more heroes or gameplay perks. Expand
  33. Nov 8, 2013
    Awesome game, free to play, best community world, great competetive scene, nice graphics, if you have a lot of free time, you will spend most of it on playing that game
  34. Nov 8, 2013
    Diretide given. But no seriously, Valve isn't perfect but Dota 2 is honestly an amazing game despite its rather.......vocal community. As for as free-to-play games go, I can easily say that is the best out there and even has a far higher level of production then games that cost $60 and upwards.
  35. Nov 9, 2013
    And so it was that the impatience of the human race allowed Dota 2's user score to sink by several points, and metacritic was deemed the worst way of judging if a game is worth playing.
  36. Nov 11, 2013
    Very time consuming. Well done graphics and animations. Large amount of tradeable items. The replay value is enormous because there are so many heroes to use.
  37. Nov 11, 2013
    Don't go by the negative reviews, its because valve didn't make an announcement regarding an event. This is a AAA game for free with a steep learning curve. However, once you learn it, its never ending fun.
  38. Nov 12, 2013
    Easily the best PC game out right now. Biggest competitive scene in the history of gaming, and an overall amazing game for everyone.

Not only that the developer listens to its community for good suggestions and ignores them for bad ones.
  39. Nov 14, 2013
    Best (Aeon of Strife Styled Fortress Assualt Game Going on Two Sides) game out there. 3 spirits update shows how amazing Dota 2 is, and how much support valve gives it. I could write a much longer in-depth review, but im simply here to boost the score after it was assaulted by give diretide babies.
  40. Nov 14, 2013
    Been playing this game for 7 years and after all this time its still entertaining, playing with friends or not. Icefrog still hands out big updates to make the game feel fresh! Best game ever!
  41. Nov 14, 2013
    one of the best games ever made. definitely worth playing. First of it's genre, with amazing gameplay. Game that lasted for more than a decade. And it's much more beautiful than first part!
  42. Nov 14, 2013
    A great PvP game that offers some of the most intriguing and nuanced team combat around. Very hard learning curve but the satisfaction that you get when u actually master the game is so good
  43. Nov 14, 2013
    Diretide delivered. 10 delivered.

Also: after 1000+ hours in games, still great game. Almost every aspect of game is... 1 5 0 char limit. Just 1 more
  44. Nov 14, 2013
    Its a good game, people giving it bad rating only because the DireTide event was delayed and they didnt release Technies. But ignore them, Dota 2 is a very good game.
  45. Nov 14, 2013
    This game is great. It has improved upon the WarCraft 3 ARTS custom map in ways that makes the game more visually appealing and it helps get new players up to speed quickly. I am not going to say that this game is better or worse than any of its competitors, only that it offers something else. Case in point: League of Legends offers a free-to-play platform where abilities are mostlyThis game is great. It has improved upon the WarCraft 3 ARTS custom map in ways that makes the game more visually appealing and it helps get new players up to speed quickly. I am not going to say that this game is better or worse than any of its competitors, only that it offers something else. Case in point: League of Legends offers a free-to-play platform where abilities are mostly comprised of "skill shots", contains a leveling system where the higher level you are, the more points into a tech tree you can spend and the more power-ups you can put on your character (which affect how your characters play in-game). In addition, League of Legends offers you a point system where points are earned by playing games and those points can be used to buy power-ups and unlock more heroes. Defense of the Ancients 2 is also a free-to-play game. However, there is nothing outside of actual game play that changes your character's abilities and the full roster of released heroes is readily available to you at the beginning of your DotA 2 adventure. If you have never picked up DotA or any ARTS games and you are using this to see if you are interested, please listen to me when I say it would be a good idea to fully finish the tutorial and play multiple practice games against bots. It will still match you up with 4 other people to take on AI controlled heroes, so you can still try to learn how to coordinate with other players online without the humiliation of playing against seasoned veterans. I strongly suggest starting on the easiest setting and take in where you can go, what some of the abilities do, and what limits can you push without getting yourself killed. Once you have progressed and crushed the hardest of bots underneath your trained foot do I recommend that you start really doing public match making. Expand
  46. Nov 14, 2013
    best AoS-style game out there. way more complex and rewarding than games like league of legends, and valve is one of the best developers of games ever.
  47. Nov 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. отлично!
    и написано.
    Very addicting with a steep learning curve, you'll sink many hours into this game. Of course there will be abrasive players in the community, but guess what, there are function in the game to fix it. Mute and report the player(s), and play on. GL HF
  48. Nov 15, 2013
    After playing HoN, LOL, and Dota 2, I feel confident saying that Dota 2 is the most polished in terms of graphics and game play. So why is the user rating so low? Well a bunch of ignorant players who think valve owes them something had the smart idea to use metacritic to voice their "outrage" over not getting free content for a FREE game. You can safely ignore all the 0 reviews fromAfter playing HoN, LOL, and Dota 2, I feel confident saying that Dota 2 is the most polished in terms of graphics and game play. So why is the user rating so low? Well a bunch of ignorant players who think valve owes them something had the smart idea to use metacritic to voice their "outrage" over not getting free content for a FREE game. You can safely ignore all the 0 reviews from idiots that write "give xxxx" or "Volvo xxxxx" There are thousands of these 0 reviews, and after Valve released it, these morons never changed their score.

This game is the best of it's class.
  49. Nov 16, 2013
    Don't listen to all the stupid kids that use Metacritic to complain about minor issues and hurt the score of the game they love. Ignore all retarded posts that say give diretide or volvo. Play this awesome game!
  50. Nov 16, 2013
    I Love the Game. No pay to win.Well balanced Good graphic. And most of all good Game-play.You have to like the genre. Then the game will be perfectly for you.
  51. Nov 17, 2013
    Only defect is the rancid community. But this game is the actual standard for F2P model and listen users. 10/10 without dude. Valve always develop serious products
  52. May 8, 2015
    Ignore the reviews that say there are no bugs/patches and the ones saying there is a ton of advertising. The game is constantly bug fixed - and when I say that I have to point out, I have encountered maybe 2 bugs in over 700 hours of play. Now, some people are complaining about no new heroes? I think they forgot that this is the game all the other ones COPIED its heroes from. The onlyIgnore the reviews that say there are no bugs/patches and the ones saying there is a ton of advertising. The game is constantly bug fixed - and when I say that I have to point out, I have encountered maybe 2 bugs in over 700 hours of play. Now, some people are complaining about no new heroes? I think they forgot that this is the game all the other ones COPIED its heroes from. The only reason you "think" the other games are updating themselves is because you didn't play dota to begin with. This being said, dota 2 lets you use every hero in the game without paying, so that also nullifies the money hungry argument as every other game makes you purchase any new hero, and that hero is overpowered for about a month, so isn't that pay to win whereas dota's system is absolute fairness? The only thing you can purchase in the game is cosmetics, Whereas in LoL you can buy runes and different abilities to supplement the characters you also had to pay for. Dota 2 offers everything you could want, a bug free game that is completely free to play and you can be as competitive as you want, you can play as much as you want, you can try any hero you want. Without paying a dime. And you'll have a good time as long as you are actually trying to enjoy and get to know the game and everyone that plays it will encourage you to do so. The bad reviews on this site come from people who are bad at games in general or from diehard LoL fans that can't stand that their game is a shadow of the original and now an even uglier shadow in the face of the new Dota. Expand
  53. Aug 7, 2013
    A colossal time-sink which gets better with time. Unlike most mobas nowadays DotA2 has a difficult learning curve and that scares most people off, which is tottaly understandable. But if you spend the time to learn the game you will be truly amazed by all the things that happen in a signle team fight and that you did not notice them before.
    Besides the games graphic are extremly polished
    Besides the games graphic are extremly polished and Valve updates the game frequently. Oh yeah, and it's free to play. What more could you want?
  54. Aug 12, 2013
    Fantastic controls, graphics, and gameplay. One of the best PvP games I've ever played and a LARGE improvement to the first Dota. Valve honestly couldn't have done any better.
  55. Aug 13, 2013
    I have always wanted a game with a range of options and much to use. Dota 2 is one of my favorite games. The gameplay is great. A lot of different spells to use and characters to choose. There is almost 100 characters in dota 2 giving you so many different styles/ways of playing. The characters even have their own bio, telling you who they are. There is a great amount of items to test outI have always wanted a game with a range of options and much to use. Dota 2 is one of my favorite games. The gameplay is great. A lot of different spells to use and characters to choose. There is almost 100 characters in dota 2 giving you so many different styles/ways of playing. The characters even have their own bio, telling you who they are. There is a great amount of items to test out in different combinations and on different characters giving you many more reasons to play. The multiplayer is pretty good. Most players are nice and will help you fight. The multiplayer may disconnect you in the screen where you wait for everyone to be ready which can put you on the other team if you have friends on the team your on. There is a training mode which teaches you how to do most things in the game. There is also bot matches which puts you and 4 computer controlled players against 5 computer controlled players. This helps you prepare and learn different characters and how they are in a real match. Overall, this game is great, the only flaws are the multiplayer disconnecting and learning the game, even though there is training and bot matches, it still takes a little while to get use to it. Expand
  56. Aug 17, 2013
    Never In my entire life have I witnessed a worse community revolving around a video-game than the one that is to be found in Dota 2. Second biggest problem of this game is the match-making: broken, poorly thought through and executed horribly. But even with all these problems, I could actually see myself overlooking them at a certain time during a few years due to the sheer amount ofNever In my entire life have I witnessed a worse community revolving around a video-game than the one that is to be found in Dota 2. Second biggest problem of this game is the match-making: broken, poorly thought through and executed horribly. But even with all these problems, I could actually see myself overlooking them at a certain time during a few years due to the sheer amount of possible combinations in this game with heroes & items and the addictive quality the game has if it wasn't for all the other flaws. Expand
  57. Aug 22, 2013
    This game is so much fun, you could almost forget about it being an e-sport game. Which means, that you have to deal with other gamers, and gamers in competitive games that are based on teams and therefor teamwork tend to try very hard to ruin every single game by ruining it, ignoring the fact that one team has to lose. E-sport games have that giant flaw, that people have to act likeThis game is so much fun, you could almost forget about it being an e-sport game. Which means, that you have to deal with other gamers, and gamers in competitive games that are based on teams and therefor teamwork tend to try very hard to ruin every single game by ruining it, ignoring the fact that one team has to lose. E-sport games have that giant flaw, that people have to act like robots, doing certain things on certain timings, being on certain spots. Like every other sport, you can't afford to act chaotic, or just for the fun of it. When you find a game where people don't mind those things, count yourself lucky. I'll still give it a 8, because it leaves enough room to develop your "hero" in a way you prefer him/her. Expand
  58. Aug 26, 2013
    DOTA 2 is the new standard in MOBA design. It is, without doubt, an improvement on the old formula and yet remarkably true to it.

DOTA 2 looks great and feels great, but if you're coming from games like League of Legends or Heroes of Newerth, you'll feel like a fish out of water. It's not that the game is different in formula, but rather it's very different mechanically. You'll have to learn how to play this game almost from scratch, but it will be well worth the journey.

This game has a tremendous skill gap, but it also offers the best tools in the genre for learning the game. Bots come in 5 difficulties, from Passive to Unfair and the tutorial, so far, is a pretty good learning tool though I suspect it will be improved over time. The hero line-up is impressive, diverse, and intriguing. The map is true to the old DOTA formula, but flows quite differently from what you might be used to. Just to name a few of the dominant mechanics you'll have to learn and hone are: side/secret shops, couriers, item sharing, and teleporting. The differences hardly stop there, but even just these few are such dramatic differences from what players know that they serve as an adequate sampling of just what's so different about this version of DOTA.

DOTA 2 doesn't just bring the RTS back to MOBAs (this game feels far more like managing a Starcraft or Warcraft 3 battle than it's predecessors), but it's also causing seismic activity in the games industry itself with its super accessible item shop. It's more like a DOTA 2 marketplace than a simple shop. Not only can players buy anything from soundpacks to UI skins to items to characters, but players can also make these items ...and then sell them right there on Steam. Never has getting into the games industry as an artist been as accessible as Valve has made it. With their track record of opening up the development process to their modders, this is a very promising feature that I'm sure they'll do better than all the competition.

The game isn't without it's flaws, though. The matchmaking needs strong improvement and greater enforcement of language filters. Performance is pretty good, though it seemed unserviceable at times. However, with the International only recently ending, it's difficult to tell how much of the issues were just extremely high server traffic and how much was actual issues with game stability. All in all, though, this game has fewer flaws than features and since it's free to play, the offerings are prime.

I highly recommend lovers of MOBA gaming to dive into DOTA 2. It does a wonderful job of requiring truly skillful gameplay by bringing that RTS feel back into the game.
  59. Nov 1, 2013
    Worst attitude to community like a low tier game. No decent patches for 3 months and finally no event and even announce about it. Last news posted on Dota2 blog, 19 September. Just awful communication.
  60. Nov 1, 2013
    Give DIRETIDEand NEW HEROES
  61. Nov 2, 2013
    SYKA PIZDEC
  62. Nov 8, 2013
    WE DIRETIDE NOW WE DIRETIDE NOW WE DIRETIDE NOW WE DIRETIDE NOW WE DIRETIDE NOW WE DIRETIDE NOW WE DIRETIDE NOW WE DIRETIDE NOW WE DIRETIDE NOW WE DIRETIDE NOW WE DIRETIDE NOW WE DIRETIDE NOW WE DIRETIDE NOW WE DIRETIDE NOW WE DIRETIDE NOW WE DIRETIDE NOW WE DIRETIDE NOW WE DIRETIDE NOW WE DIRETIDE NOW WE DIRETIDE NOW WE DIRETIDE NOW WE DIRETIDE NOW WE DIRETIDE NOW aaaa
  63. Nov 2, 2013
  64. Nov 2, 2013
    No DIRETIDE dad game volvo giev DIRETID or disband plz gaben dont not wants hats!!!! DIRETID or more continu bad revuw!!! i am galakian SORR FOR ENGLISH
  65. Nov 2, 2013
    insanely multi-faceted, i guess you could say its like an ogre? this game got hella more interesting once i discovered competitive e-sports, Speed Gaming #roadtoTI4 #EESamahavemercy
  66. Nov 3, 2013
    Time-consuming pointless game, with a toxic community.
    It's not fun, it won't lead you anywhere, it'll try to make you addicted to it and ever-miserable for being so.
    Nothing to see here except vanity.
  67. Nov 3, 2013
    No diretide no like!
    Tnx valve for hallowen
    just gg
    No region locks.
    You take a perfect game and turn it into worst game ever created.
    GG WP izi
  68. Nov 8, 2013
    Game is alive DIRETIDE ON THE WAY http://blog.dota2.com/2013/11/not-my-best-work/
    Also always been a really phenomenal game made many friends along the way
  69. Nov 10, 2013
    rafaram
    Jul 10, 2013
    10 This game improved so much since it was released on the beta. There are over 90 heroes to choose from currently and the gamplay is as intence and as rewarding as DOTA 1. I know alot of people will be hesitant to try it at first but there has been a new tutorial system implemented in DOTA 2 and I think it will help new comers. I know some people who play LOL might
    rafaram
    Jul 10, 2013
    This game improved so much since it was released on the beta. There are over 90 heroes to choose from currently and the gamplay is as intence and as rewarding as DOTA 1. I know alot of people will be hesitant to try it at first but there has been a new tutorial system implemented in DOTA 2 and I think it will help new comers. I know some people who play LOL might bash in this game, but both games are compleatly different. Its like comparing COD and Battlefield, they are so different that connot be compared. (no preference on either game, I think bot of them are good) Give this game a try, the learning curve is very steep but it is rewarding when you learn. I think this is the best gave valve has ever developed and has been the most played game on steam ever since the second year of beta development. Try it out, its free and badass!
  70. Nov 8, 2013
    Dota 2 is an amazing game with intense competitive game-play over 100 heroes to choose from and a e-sport scene that's enthralling. Anyone interested in MOBA or ARTS games should really check it out!
  71. Nov 8, 2013
    THANKS VALVE,WE LOVE YOU
  72. Nov 8, 2013
    A good, high-quality MOBA with varied but mostly balanced characters, built in spectating, item drops, and events. Although Valve doesn't always communicate the best, they care about the community still. GAVE DIRETIDE
  73. Nov 8, 2013
    Thank you for listening to our complaints and responding to us.
    I rate the game 9-10, due to bugs, other then that I would recommend this game to anyone willing to spend the time to lean it.
  74. Nov 8, 2013
    Great game, the community really feels great to be a part of even if some of them are with ti3 bringing everyone together I met so many great people and have been enjoying the game so much more since then, it's a great moba, unforgiving, but fun and interesting, no one's going to hold your hand but the amount of things that can happen in a game and the amount of variation to games justGreat game, the community really feels great to be a part of even if some of them are with ti3 bringing everyone together I met so many great people and have been enjoying the game so much more since then, it's a great moba, unforgiving, but fun and interesting, no one's going to hold your hand but the amount of things that can happen in a game and the amount of variation to games just makes it so unpredictable and fun at times, it's honestly the only steam game I've logged over 500 hours on and I intend on logging many more. Expand
  75. Nov 8, 2013
    Its a very good game from Based Valve. one of the best games out there.

Get this back to 10/10 back yo! Get this back to 10/10 back yo! Get this back to 10/10 back yo!
  76. Nov 9, 2013
    Never been so addicted to a game before! Weekly updates, balanced, and a economy if you like to trade. Basically this game has everything you can ask for in a Moba.
  77. Nov 14, 2013
    Only no skilled noobs play diretide. Yes you are noobs and you should go play Leauge of Legends. Intentionally giving bad reviews for a reason like this can only be a work of a retarded individuals.
  78. Nov 14, 2013
    A good PVP PC game, must train solo before going into PUB games!
    I got yelled at when I tried my first time and feeded.
    Just dont feed and stay back the first 10 or so games until you get the hang of it.

Good Luck and just zone out the haters, possibly report if they are mean.
  79. Nov 14, 2013
    While it's hard to break into for some people, Dota 2 heavily appeals to those who put in the time to "master." The longer you play, the more you appreciate just how mechanically sound this game is meaning you could play this game for years and never play the 100% perfect game with even a handful of the 100+ heroes. To top it off, Dota 2 comes with the polish that Valve is known for; theWhile it's hard to break into for some people, Dota 2 heavily appeals to those who put in the time to "master." The longer you play, the more you appreciate just how mechanically sound this game is meaning you could play this game for years and never play the 100% perfect game with even a handful of the 100+ heroes. To top it off, Dota 2 comes with the polish that Valve is known for; the sound design, art style, animations... everything is pretty much perfect. Go play this game. Expand
  80. Nov 14, 2013
    unded gaem, volvo reband.

but seriously, this is the most fun game i have played, ever. it does have a steep learning curve, but you will always be matched against similarly skilled players.
  81. Nov 14, 2013
    This game is amazing. Seriously. The best game ever made. Unfortunately it has the hardest skill curve around and a horrendous community at times (which you can see from the 3389 negative reviews about Diretide). Dota players can be real
  82. Nov 14, 2013
    Frustrating at times because of the players, but a perfect game. Constant support and backed by Valve. It has a steep learning curve as a MOBA but it's very worth it. There are tons of guides and videos to get started.
  83. Nov 14, 2013
    Great game, a lot of diversity. Impossible to master 100+ heroes, so there's always room for improvement. Fan base needs to calm down a bit, though, before lashing out irrationally (Diretide Apocalypse).
  84. Nov 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. mmm bombejnno diretide sps gabe i love u xdxdmmm bombejnno diretide sps gabe i love u xdxdmmm bombejnno diretide sps gabe i love u xdxdmmm bombejnno diretide sps gabe i love u xdxdmmm bombejnno diretide sps gabe i love u xdxdmmm bombejnno diretide sps gabe i love u xdxdmmm bombejnno diretide sps gabe i love u xdxdmmm bombejnno diretide sps gabe i love u xdxdmmm bombejnno diretide sps gabe i love u xdxdmmm bombejnno diretide sps gabe i love u xdxdmmm bombejnno diretide sps gabe i love u xdxd Expand
  85. Nov 16, 2013
    This is currently my favorite game. If you invest the time, you'll find it's the deepest of all the DotA clones out today. It's too bad, a few idiots choose to hurt the score instead of using the proper channels to beg Valve for free content.
  86. Nov 17, 2013
    The game is not really a 10, but after the swarm of 0s for no reason, a 10 is needed.

Review: The game is mostly improved dota 1, with matchmaking, reconnection and clans support built in. If you like the genre, it is great for having high skill ceiling. However it also has a rather high skill floor, so be prepared to be bad when you start off. As for the often maligned community, it

Review:
    As for the often maligned community, it is not that bad, once you get out of the gutter tier, however as long as you are there, it kinda sucks. (See the 2013 diretide community response)
  87. Nov 17, 2013
    As Shinsena writes "Valve releases one great game" but then goes on to give it a ZERO because he had a few unfair matches. No this game deserves a 9+ as it's a GOTY, so I'll give it a 10. If you have suggestion to improve it, use the steam forum not here.
  88. Aug 19, 2015
    e-Sports can't be rated. It's competitive so it shouldn't be compared to traditional games or what we expect from a video-game. Therefore it shouldn't be rated, you don't set a score for traditional sports like football or basketball too, so why would you rate e-Sports titles like this one? This game was never meant to be a single player game or beginner friendly. Unfortunely it is a teame-Sports can't be rated. It's competitive so it shouldn't be compared to traditional games or what we expect from a video-game. Therefore it shouldn't be rated, you don't set a score for traditional sports like football or basketball too, so why would you rate e-Sports titles like this one? This game was never meant to be a single player game or beginner friendly. Unfortunely it is a team based game, which means you either put in hard work, get better, work with your team and love it or you will fail, stagnate, curse your team and hate the game forever. Winning and losing is part of every Sport, but either way only happens with the team. Expand
  89. Aug 11, 2013
    DotA 2 posee tres cosas que lo generan como un excelente juego: gráficos, sonidos y jugabilidad. A veces se cree que un juego se debe pasar por su contenido, y es verdad, pero el toque de maquillaje, hace un ambiente completamente más mítico, dando potencia al placer de generar un perfecto equilibrio entre vista y sonido. Pues bien, no sólo eso es algo importante, aunque la plataforma yaDotA 2 posee tres cosas que lo generan como un excelente juego: gráficos, sonidos y jugabilidad. A veces se cree que un juego se debe pasar por su contenido, y es verdad, pero el toque de maquillaje, hace un ambiente completamente más mítico, dando potencia al placer de generar un perfecto equilibrio entre vista y sonido. Pues bien, no sólo eso es algo importante, aunque la plataforma ya no es novedad, debido que existen otros juegos que también la poseen, la gracia está en en el balance que existe entre un héroe y otro, por lo que se podrá efectuar una partida que no sólo se basa en el héroe escogido, si no en el comportamiento de los ítem comprados y de la estrategia colectiva. Definitivamente, no sólo se basa un juego por su belleza, si no también por su contenido, y cuando ambos estando juntos, se termina generando una obra maestra. Expand
  90. Aug 26, 2013
    First of all, this game is not for everyone. It has a steep learning curve that not many players will be able to digest, but once you get the game-play mechanics and the hero basics, it will most definitely rock your world. Although you are always playing on one map, the replay possibilities are endless and the fascinating thing is, it's always fun no matter how many times and hoursFirst of all, this game is not for everyone. It has a steep learning curve that not many players will be able to digest, but once you get the game-play mechanics and the hero basics, it will most definitely rock your world. Although you are always playing on one map, the replay possibilities are endless and the fascinating thing is, it's always fun no matter how many times and hours you've already played this incredible game. My real score is 9, but i gave the game a 10 just to compensate for the unrealistic 0 scores many people have given. To all future players, GL HF. Expand
  91. Aug 28, 2013
    This is my first MOBA and I have to say it's pretty fun. The community can be a little harsh if you're part of "Facebook culture" and not used to the Wild West-y parts of the internet, but if you have a thick skin and learn fast it can be really fun. Those who are comfortable with a little trash talk will be fine.

It's a cash shop F2P with absolutely no pay to win. What's not to love

It's a cash shop F2P with absolutely no pay to win. What's not to love about that?

Seems a little imbalanced, but that's the kind of thing that can be fixed.
  92. Nov 2, 2013
    Le HÖrriblé GAEM DAED! I think it's nonononononononon VOLVO NONONONONON! I SAY NMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOD DAY SIR!
  93. Nov 2, 2013
    gIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVEgIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GG DED GAEM GIVE DIR Expand
  94. Nov 2, 2013
    Guys, this is retarded. Diretide isn't going to happen. And spam bombing the game you love so much with negative reviews won't help. Way to look like
  95. Nov 6, 2013
    Make a game that is based on a mod, with a company who has a huge track record in modded servers and editing, with no modding feature, Thanks valve! And screw your entire fan base without even telling them! Game sucks
  96. Nov 8, 2013
    One of the best game, Valve has done a good job on Dota 2 and I am happy to see how my DotA have become. Valve just need to focus more on the community as well, then Dota 2 will no doubt be one of the best ARTS games
  97. Nov 8, 2013
    DIRETIDE GIVEN
  98. Nov 8, 2013
    Yes, valve is a bit slow with updates. Yes, Valve doesn't communicate as much as we'd like them to do. Yes, new Hero Patches have been a rarity in the last couple of months.
    They underestimated their community, but with the newest blog update, they've shown that they're truly sorry. Now, let's forgive Valve's lack of communication, and be real for a second. The game they created right here is outright amazing. They've improved almost all areas of the original DotA. The hero design is mostly flawless, the map design i really good, but most of all, it plays very very well.

Valve has promised that they're working on a very big patch, i'm suspecting we're getting a hidden boss, like in the Original DotA.

Let's forgive these guys and crank the rating back up.
  99. Nov 8, 2013
    Great game, really well done. Valve did a small mistake recently but they fixed their problem and apologized.

If you are a new player a wonder why the score is so low, pretty much a bunch of retards raided metacritic.
    I advice you give this game a try, it will be hard at first but it turns out to be in my opinion the best game of the genre.
  100. Nov 8, 2013
    Thanks to volvo, we got diretide. I love you volvo. best car company in the video game industry. great game dota2 not ded at all. all hail gabe newell our lord and savior. amen.

1. Feb 19, 2014
    Simply irresistible and addictive as hell.
  2. Games Master UK