6.3

1. Aug 7, 2013
    Good grief, another amazing video game by VALVe! I was shocked when I heard the announcement that VALVe was publishing this game. After all, this game was originally a mod for Warcraft III, a really fun strategy game made by Blizzard Entertainment for the PC. VALVe is a company well known for their first person shooters (Half-Life, Team Fortress, Counter-Strike), so I was wondering why they were even entering Blizzard's territory with this game. My questions were soon put to rest when I played the game. All I can say is that this game is simply amazing. To start, the gameplay is a mixture between Real-Time Strategy and role-playing games. In this game however, you are not controlling your factions, you are only controlling your heroes. Basically, your heroes level up over time like in a Role-playing game, and the way you control them is like a strategy game. This is actually quite a good mixture. It worked in Warcraft III, and it works perfectly here. However, there is more to the gameplay than just that. This game pits two mighty teams against each other (the radiant and the dire). One side is noticeably more heroic, guarding a lush green forest, while the other is noticeably darker, guarding an ashen wasteland. The overall goal is to destroy the enemy team's ancient (base of operations). To do this, you really need to coordinate with your teammates, and let them know what is happening around the battlefield. I think that this is a very good approach, especially considering that the game is entirely multiplayer. The graphics of this game are also quite good. Everything is quite beautiful, and enjoyable for anyone who loves video game graphics. There is no real story to this game, which although I have criticized in the past, I don't feel the need to here. All of the characters in this game have their own stories to read if you ever want a good story in this game. There is only one real complaint that I have with this game as a matter of fact. This game does have a very steep learning curve. It is easy to learn, but incredibly difficult to master. You need to find a hero that suits your playstyle, which if you ask me, can take ages to figure out considering that there are over one-hundred of them. However, having over one-hundred heroes is not a bad thing. In fact, I'd say it's a great thing. It gives you so much more variety on what kind of hero you can play as. Overall, I'd say that this is another fantastic game by VALVe software. It is ultra-competitive, fast, furious, and one heck of a lot of fun. It's steep learning curve may be a tad bit problematic, however, that does not stop me from awarding this game with a 9 out of 10. Expand
  2. Jul 17, 2013
    Dota 2 is 100% skill based. You need to learn a lot in order to be successful. This is not for the casual, or is it? Its fun from the get go. You can constantly improve and that makes it fun.

But there are other Dota-esque game out there, why Dota 2? Well, LoL is to World of warcraft what Starcraft 2 is to Dota 2.

There you have it. If you want a DotA game where the best skilled team
    wins, you choose Dota 2. Expand
  3. Nov 2, 2013
    Valve killed Dota 2. Hats, Hats, Hats, Couriers Tickets everywhere. Zero really good content in this game. Valve know how to make money but don't know how to talk with Dota community and they ruined our trust.
  4. Jul 22, 2013
    best game ever, balanced heroes, no pay to win all you pay for is cosmetics, not only this but games are exhilterating and isnt about farming

it blows crappy league of legends out of the water
  5. Jul 22, 2013
    Being one of the high esteemed long time players of the DotA style RTS, i can safely say this is the best of the best. The players in EVERY type of game like this has a community base full of people with rage, it's just the way it plays out. the reason this game topples every other game like it is by having such a high production value, there are no new overpowered characters you have to buy, it's all there for you. there's no pay to win at all, the only reason you would pay for anything in the game is to support the developers or the professional gamers who play it. Expand
  6. Jul 20, 2013
    Only authentic FREE TO PLAY GAME in the whole Internet. That's pretty awesome. The ONE AND ONLY GAME that's doesn't give any advantage to expenders. Only CON, it's very addictive.
  7. Jul 24, 2013
    Let me start at the good points, DotA 2 is simply one of the best MOBA's out there today. LoL may be popular, but so is CoD, and is that a good game? No, absolutely not. DotA 2 basically shows gamers that games don't need to be extremely popular in order to be good. The graphics are on the verge of being out-of-date, however you eventually get used to them. Now, the community is one of the factors that SO many people have been complaining about, they say "OH!, they hate new players" or "They report us if we do something wrong!," that's only in the serious situations where someone is doing it intentionally, when they are actually experienced with the game. And yes, you will get one idiot who reports you for not knowing what to do, but hey, they're idiots, just remember that. The only time I had to report someone was when he was stealing my last-hits as a support and when I repeatedly kept telling him to do the opposite, he kept on doing it, and no, he wasnt a different nationality. Another thing I love about the game is the in-depth trading and cosmetic item system, quite similar to Team Fortress 2. I love the way people can design items on the workshop and then be able to have them sold on the official store. People have also made unofficial trading websites where players can make offers for trades, or place bets on tournament matches. Yes, the community can be a bit uptight sometimes, but they are just passionate people who love the game, although it may not seem that way. If you are new, occasionally, you will get one player who will be willing to help you learn, there have been days where thats all my friend and I do, help new players in public matches to get better at the game and to learn its rules and strategies. I think DotA 2 is a step up from other MOBA's like LoL, and i can almost guarantee that one day it will be as popular Expand
  8. Jul 19, 2013
    Great game that, despite having a single map, offers so much variety in terms of heroes and team interactivity that every single match feels unique. Not for the faint of heart, this game can take weeks or even months to become reasonably competent, but once you do...it is very enjoyable and rewarding. And if you learn the game the right way, even the learning process is tons of fun. But if learn it the wrong way...it can be horrible due to the community.

Speaking about that...if you are looking to get into DOTA2, here are a few tips that I think should make your n00b experience less painful:

1. Don't just stick to one or two heroes...in order to be a good player, you have to learn what the other heroes can do so you can better counter them. The worst thing in DOTA is to be ignorant of an opponent's abilities and then do something silly like run around when Bloodseeker ruptures you and wonder why you died. You only get this experience from trying out each hero.

2. On that note...until you are very confident, NEVER pick a hero you haven't played before in a multiplayer game. Always try out new heroes in bot games so you can get comfortable with how they play.

3. Most importantly, realize that DOTA is honestly more like a team sport than a game. It is competitive, and if you don't take it seriously, you will ruin the experience for your team-mates. I know it's frustrating when people yell at you, and sometimes they honestly are just wrong and being jerks...but be considerate and realize that if you go in unprepared you are basically being a jerk too. I mean, would you play goalie in a competitive game of soccer without ever practicing or even knowing what the goalie is supposed to do? No...so take the same philosophy with DOTA 2...dont' play a hero or a position/role when you are completely ignorant of how it is supposed to function. Just put in the time to do a bit of research and practice and you will have a much better experience!

Happy gaming!
  9. Jul 19, 2013
    This is a really top notch, excellent game for strategy game players. It features strong PvP, team elements and a vast variety of play styles paired with a steep learning curve. As you may have seen in other reviews the biggest knock against the game is the juvenile, petulant players that you will frequently encounter in random games. While playing some public matches is required to learn different strategies and techniques, I strongly advise you to find a stable group of friends who want to be responsible and fun to play with in order to enjoy this game fully. Expand
  10. Jul 19, 2013
    Dota 2 was the first of this genre (whatever it's called) that I've played. After a solid year and a go at it's competitors, I wouldn't go anywhere else. It boasts 100+, immediately accessible, unique heroes, solid mechanics and fun and exciting gameplay wrapped up in Valve's beautiful graphics. If you're new or struggling, there's plenty of resources and guides online and in game.

Get
    a group of committed friends from real life together and you'll spend many nights over skype, playing this game. You can even make friends over Dota 2 and band together after successful matches to play together again.

Recently I've ventured into the world of solo-queing and it's honestly not as bad a people make it out to be. There haven't been any abandonments and the report system is certainly working, there is far less negative behaviour then when I started a year ago. If you practice your hero, learn about them and do your job properly, then there is no reason for anyone to flame you.

I have never been addicted to a game as much as Dota 2.
  11. Jul 31, 2013
    I used to be an warcraft DotA addict and a hater not willing to play LoL, HoN or similar dota-like games. This is a genuine DotA successor. Of course it takes few games to get used to it, but when you do you realize it's the good old DotA additionally enhanced beyond your imagination since it's a standalone game, not limited by the warcraft. Everything that was ever missing in the old dota has been added and upgraded. Currently this is the best multiplayer & coop arpg game available. And it's for free Expand
  12. Jul 19, 2013
    Best game ever, have been playing it since wc3 DotA 6 years ago, still not boring and still got something to learn. DotA 2 have the deepest gameplay mechanic and strategic gameplay. only the bad side (and good side?) it have a steep learning curve. you can see from the review, it either 9-10, or 0 (LOL fanboys?) It have the essential from MOBA game. Easy to learn, Hard to master.

if you are new player want to try out DotA2, i suggest you read this first before try.
  13. Jul 20, 2013
    After Team Fortress 2, I would say it is the biggest and most successful creation of Valve. Even if the learning curve is steep it's fun playing with friends.
    Moreover it's "Free 2 Play" enjoy
  14. Jul 20, 2013
    This game takes critical thinking. That's why it's fun. You make decisions and learn from them. Working with friends or strangers over a relatively long period of time to dominate your enemy can be extremely fun. It's also awesome when notice yourself improving.
  15. Jul 20, 2013
    If you've ever wondered what a true team-based e-sport game would be, Dota 2 is it. If you take the time to learn the game, which is a daunting but deeply rewarding task, you'll see that Dota 2 parallels everything you see in professional sports today, and it's only going to keep growing and getting better. You can be sure of that with a great company like Valve developing the game whose third annual multimillion dollar prizepool tournament is only a few weeks away. Their commitment to making Dota 2 into a great e-sport is unrivaled, and the features they've added to the game such as DotaTV which allow you to watch professional games of Dota 2 inside the client and hear caster commentary, the in-game item purchase notifications, various real-time charts and graphs of game stats, spectator item drops (the virtual equivalent of catching a home-run ball at a baseball game) all make Dota 2 a great game to watch.
    And for their upcoming tournament, The International 3, they've really outdone themselves with the compendium item they're selling. It's a $10 virtual book which allows you to really follow and interact with the tournament as it progresses. You'll be able to make predictions about all kinds of game stats and winners, stamp your book with collectible player cards which you can collect from playing the game, create a fantasy team and earn points based on their performance throughout the tournament, and also vote on who you want to see play in the 1v1 and all-star matches using your compendium.

But possibly the best thing about the compendium is that 75% of your $10 purchase will go directly to the tournament's prizepool. What started out as a $1.6 million prize pool has almost reached $2.6 million through the community's purchasing of compendiums. And along the way, Valve has rewarded compendium purchasers for reaching 5 of the prizepool milestones by them unique skins and items which themselves are worth the $10 purchase (Any future compendium buyers even get all the previous rewards as well so they won't be missing out). Even the 1v1 tournament portion portion of the event wasn't originally planned, but is now being held as a reward for the compendium reaching its 5th milestone.
    By getting into Dota 2, you're not just learning to play a game, you're learning to play an e-sport. It's a game you'll have countless hours of fun playing, but also a game you can watch and follow even when you don't feel like playing. And watching Dota 2 can be just as captivating as playing it, because there can be so many amazing and exciting things that can happen.
  16. Jul 20, 2013
    This game is brilliant endless hours of fun with such a huge diversity of characters to play. It can be very antagonising, but that's one of the games charms it gives you a real drive to do better. The game has a steep learning curve but a high level of satisfaction. The game has a generally nice and inviting feel about it. It isn't without it's flaws, the multiplayer engine could do with some tweeking, and perhaps some sort of skill level matching up to let the new players learn in a more supportive environment, but other than that, this game is brilliant. Expand
  17. Jul 21, 2013
    Dota 2 is a team game. If you don't like the idea of 5 people working together to win a game then this isn't for you.

If you're a new player playing the game genre for the 1st time you will find it very hard and complicated, you will probably lose most of your 1st 100 games if you're committed to the game. Once you grasp the basics of the game last hitting, denying, warding,
    map-awareness, etc. you might be guy who can win the game for your team and it feels very good when that happens carrying your whole team to victory.
    Losing in Dota 2 can be very frustrating specially if you feel like your the only one actually trying to win, if you're on a losing streak try to stop playing before you punch your PC monitor.

Most people think that Dota 2 graphic are not very good, I agree to this it could use a little work.
    Dota 2 community like all games it has it's own share of that like to flame/rage/unsupportive during games but it also has nice people.
  18. Jul 21, 2013
    The best action-rpg "MOBA" of all time. A real "e-sport" to the community of PC gamers. Dota 2 is a challenging game for beginners to the more experienced player.

For those who know how to play, have a balanced match with other players of similar skill or even more experienced is very rewarding and fun, it feel like to play a real game of football, basketball or any other sport under
    the same conditions.

But not everything is perfect. For beginners is one of the hardest games to learn and master. All choices are important, since the hero to your items or even your "line" matter. And to make the right choices you need to understand and consider what qualities, disadvantages and various other aspects when choosing... and the only way to learn is by trying, struggling, being blamed for the defeats and various other things.

If you take learning with humor you'll probably have a good laughs, but if you do not have a lot of patience to learn and not have anyone to help you, I advise you to skip this game and avoid stress.

The main reason why I can not give 10/10 is the process of training that should be much improved as well as some other aspects such as match-making.

Finally, like any new game Dota 2 have their faults that can be corrected over time, but that surely does not affect the main purpose of the game, which is fun, challenging and competitive, something that the game achieves very effectively, hence...

9/10 for Dota 2.
  19. Jul 22, 2013
    Dota 2 is surprisingly a very good game, I myself enjoyed this game so much, I tried LoL but it did not compare. Just accept your defeat LoL players. Also GTFO if you just going to put 0 scores and give stupid reasons......
  20. Jul 22, 2013
    Traditional and innovative
    Dota 2; Moba to continue and further development of its kind that was a game. Valve, it will move to a better location anyway. Valve created wish you continued success. To make the game more innovative Valve should do more than their best.
  21. Jul 23, 2013
    Dota 2 shows how a moba is supposed to be, an 5v5 Arena where the arena can be changed to your advantages to make deep strategy use. Dota 2 has a hard learning curve and this will follow you until you stop playing. You can never truly master the game because the situation always changes.
    If you want to compare it to other moba's is dota the big mean brother of the others.
    There is no
    better moba, its comes down on your own taste. Want to still have some fun, play LoL.
    Want to try hard and cry a little, play Dota. I also see alot of bad reviews because of the community. last time I checked you don't rate a game on the community. The community can be bad but just ignore it and carry on with it untill you find a proper team. Maybe don't be such a loner and make a team so you don't have to team up with pubs. The graphics are fine as they are. The gameplay is excellent. Voice actors are excellent, the lore falls a bit short now and then but it's being worked on. The way that the community can make money out of a game someone else completely made, some people don't understand this but it's like going to a market, they set up an store for you and you just deliver the items.
  22. Nov 1, 2013
    Valve destroyed game, stupid corporation which dont care about customer.

more hats less bug fix more hats less bug fix more hats less bug fix more hats less bug fix
  23. Nov 1, 2013
    Fantastic game which has managed to keep me enraptured for 300+ hours and with no sign of slowing. While updates aren't always lightning fast, they are worth the wait. Don't let some whining children poison your view of it.
  24. Nov 1, 2013
    Best game ever!

No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide Expand
  25. Nov 1, 2013
    daed gaem. gee gee no retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard Expand
  26. Nov 8, 2013
    Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Expand
  27. Nov 8, 2013
  28. Nov 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There's 2 things about Dota 2 it's completely free and it's developed by VALVe. If that's not enough for you to try this game I don't know what is. The only thing that you have to spend in order to play this game is time. That's right, Dota 2 is not like most other games and that's because it's very complex, so be patient, learn the mechanics and once it's in your system then you'll start… Expand
  29. Nov 1, 2013
    VOLVO PLS GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO PLS GIVE DIRETIDE

pls volvo
    pls
    LOL>doto
    diretide plsdiretide plsdiretide plsdiretide plsdiretide plsdiretide plsdiretide plsdiretide plsdiretide pls

ded gaem
  30. Nov 1, 2013
    No new characters, no variety, it can not be fun for the players for a long time, the only thing is the new things that are worth more than their price, they are only cosmetic in nature (not always attractive), this is good, but the price for it's overpriced.
    and the last, I was very disappointed by the attitude valve to the players DotA 2. all hoping for diretide, but is not got no
    updates regarding Expand
  31. Nov 8, 2013
    Alive game volvo reband ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Alive game volvo reband ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Alive game volvo reband ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
    Got DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っ
  32. Nov 2, 2013
    GOOD JOB VOLVO! NO EVENT! Where is holdout? only dota items, you are lose a lot of respect of community((((((((((((((
  33. Nov 2, 2013
    Garbage matchmaking
    Garbage report system
    Garbage game engine results in 9 games without someone being able to load and you reenter the queue
    0 communication and 0 visibility no visible MMR no ladders)
    No region locks.
    You take a perfect game and turn it into worst game ever created.
    GG WP
  34. Nov 4, 2013
    Zaebis'
    game, but both games are compleatly different. Its like comparing COD and Battlefield, they are so different that connot be compared. (no preference on either game, I think bot of them are good) Give this game a try, the learning curve is very steep but it is rewarding when you learn. I think this is the best gave valve has ever developed and has been the most played game on steam ever since the second year of beta development. Try it out, its free and badass! Expand
  35. Nov 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A score of zero, because Valve decided not to release all the favorite addition Diretide, because almost all the community had expected it, but it never happened.
    All Valve games have modes for Halloween, but not in Dota2 this year, and it was a big mistake!
  36. Sep 24, 2013
    This is a great game, and possibly the one game that will require the most out of you: quick thinking on your feet, reflexes, communication, pretty much everything that a person can put in a game will be required of you if you will be any good at this deep, deep game.

And here I want to address the review by the user iseeall: You do not get it in the least. Play an actual game. The
    training part of the game is just to give you an idea of the basics, but the magic of this game isn't about towers or creeps or even the single hero you know. It's about the interaction between heroes, and about the items that you buy in the shop. Those items are bought with the in-game gold, which you start every game with a small fixed amount, depending on mode, and you get more by doing various things. You cannot buy gold with real money. The items that enhance your hero can only be "purchased" with the gold you get in the game, and this resets every game. The only things you can buy with real money for this game are purely cosmetic. You do not need any of them. Plus, by playing actual matches, you will receive such items.

This is a free-to-play game that does NOT require *ANY* money at all. More than that: Spending *ANY* amount of money in this game will give you absolutely ZERO competitive advantage against other players. Spend $10,000 if you can, go right ahead. You will gain only a variety of cosmetic items.

So why do people buy things? Because they LOVE this game. They WORSHIP this game. Why? Because it is a fantastic game, one that you will never, ever be bored with, and one that costs nothing. What more could you possibly ask for in a game?
  37. Jul 28, 2013
    Its simply the Greatest PC game ever made. Yes its hard, yes its unforgiving, and yes some of the community are a bunch of idiots... but don't let that put you off. Keep going with it.. once you have learned how to play there is no video game PC game in the world that can touch it for awesomeness.
  38. Sep 13, 2013
    As far as the MOBA market goes, they don't get any better than Dota 2. All the content is freely and instantly available, no points or in game dollar system for those to pay to win. All cosmetics are just that, cosmetics.

Play with 5 friends for the best experience, solo queue suffers from racial tensions brought on by communication problems (South Americans, Russians are the more
    popular scapegoats). This weakness shows what Dota2 is really about, communication. The teams that are able to talk, plan, and think, will almost always win. Which for me, means the game has done something very right.

10/10, constant updates, extremely well made game, great voices, what lore there is is thought-out and well written, unbeatable team-experience.
  39. Nov 7, 2013
    NO Diretide NO New Hero NO Updates NO Normal matchmaking system New updates is new sets and tickets New updates is new sets and tickets New updates is new sets and tickets
  40. Jul 19, 2013
    Amazing game with a mountainous learning curve. The gameplay (once you get the hang of it) is hella fun. However there is so much more than just the gameplay that I love about dota 2. The trading is just as fun as playing, with a similar learning curve. Overall this game was very well done, is updated constantly, and is exactly on par with the kind of game valve typically puts out.
  41. Jul 17, 2013
    Best moba so far, perfect hero balancement, complex mechanics nice graphics and no pay to win, only needs matchmaking improvement.
    This game improved a lot since the first version.
  42. Jul 17, 2013
    I love this game. It's both faithful to the original and a lot more user friendly at the same time. It's completely free, no need to buy heroes, or other features that could give you an advantage, and Valve is still actively balancing it with Icefrog. Most of heroes are pretty engaging, and the game itself is pretty complex, having mechanics like denying and dedicated healing abilities, something which games like LoL (strangely) don't have.

My only complaints are about hero releases, that is, that Valve is taking their goddamn sweet time doing it, and that the MM system actively tries to balance your win rate at 50% by pairing you with terrible teams if you do too well. Seriously, I'm not making that up. Still a great game, though, and if you're a newbie to mobas then it's probably the best game, since you have a decently sized tutorial system and well-made bot practice matches.
  43. Nov 9, 2013
    A spectacularly crafted, deep, and engaging multiplayer game. I have put in more hours to Dota 2 than any other video game that I can remember (perhaps Jedi Knight 2 had more; but that was a long time ago). It has a few flaws, such as its steep learning curve and occasionally corrosive community; but overall, the experience is an overwhelmingly positive one.
  44. Jul 18, 2013
    Not a 10 because of the matching system. You jump from very good games to complete nonsense where you just wonder wtf (and you know that you have to waste 40 mins in a bad match-up)?

Overall a very good game.
  45. Jul 28, 2013
    You can say what you want about the community, but the game is great. I love it and played it 400+ hours so far Never had problems with being reported and the bad games that happen sometimes usually get countered by a great and fun match afterwards.
    I would recommend everyone t at least try it for a small time once.

(get past the first waves of newcomers (aka the raging noobs) and
    you will be fine. At higher rating/level matches there is alot more optimistic and fun people... while the ragers/trolls etc. (usually free players just coming in) are at the bottom rating matches were sadly they make the life of other newcomers a misery. Expand
  46. Jul 25, 2013
    Free to play, high skill ceiling and 100% skill based gameplay. No need to spend a cent in order to "have a chance", all the paid items are cosmetic and gives 0 advantage. This game have no room for the "casuals" to just join up and mash buttons until they occasionally win. if you're not willing to learn about the game and earn your victories, then I suggest you stay away from DOTA 2.
  47. Jul 17, 2013
    This game is amazing. It's balanced, free, and very fun to play. There is a pretty steep learning curve, but once you get past that there's really not much to complain about the game.
  48. Jul 16, 2013
    A true masterpiece and a milestone in gaming, this sequel to a genre-definer that is now just bursting in a global scale is a great point of reference to anyone attempting to make a game of this genre. Great graphics, amazing sound and voice design, and rich backstories in every corner are just some of the features that make Dota 2 great. But it's major strong point is the depth in its mechanics.

While Dota 2's gameplay might seem daunting at first, it's one of the best and more engaging ever seen in a game, and learning it is just one of the reasons why this game is addicting. Other games such as League of Legends end up falling short because their devs decided to cut much from the original formula, but Dota 2 kept it intact, and makes sure you learn something new everyday.

Not only the core game is strong, but also the eSport scene surrounding it is amazing and growing, with several tournaments going on, including Valve's own The International. At the time of release, the game looks like a train with no brakes, about to crash against its competitors and run them over, raising the bar on the genre with a myriad of awesome features that perfectly compliment an awesome game.
  49. Jul 16, 2013
    This is an absolutely fantastic game that puts casual moba games, such as League of Legends, to shame. It's by far the best moba game out there, and just keeps getting better as they release new heroes that were in the original warcraft 3 mod.
  50. Jul 17, 2013
    Many heroes that differ greatly differ and each is truly a special and despite this diversity which is the balance very well. The game play is perfect desert I mean what can be improved. In Dota 2 tournaments are held constant. Another nice fact is that it is the game soon for Linux and Mac give.
  51. Jul 18, 2013
    There is a reason my friends and I have been playing since Dota Allstars in WC3, about 8 years.
    Dota 2 is the single most entertaining (albeit addicting) multiplier team game I've played.

Keep in mind, there is a large learning curve, and the community is quite tough to please, but if you play through the tutorial, and let your team mates know you are learning, most are wiling to help.

Don't get discouraged if you get yelled at for sucking, we all did at one point. Just remember people are investing 20-60min in a game, and losing because a team mate is a total noob can be frustrating. Do your best to learn quick and focus one a few heroes/item builds at a time.
  52. Jul 18, 2013
    This game is great and everyone should try it. Everything is free, well, almost everything. It has it's flaws. One of them is region system, it doesn't work at all in its way. Second is community. It has "pro" players, flamers and everything between them. And it doesn't have good training system. Sure it has training, but they don't really help and playing with bots is either too easy or too hard (usually). And yes, there is humans vs bots games, but they don't really help either. But overall, it's a great game. Expand
  53. Jul 19, 2013
    After playing this game little over a year now I've come to realize that this is probably the best Action/RTS game I have ever played. Although the game's steep learning curve had me uninterested within the first few weeks of playing, I persevered and gradually improved. This game, once you put effort in, becomes the most fun game of all time.

The only negatives about the game are: The
    community and the fact people can just decline a match leaving you to wait 2 more minutes to find a server. The community are usually egotistic and blame others for their mistakes. Occasionally you'll have an amazing game where most people speak your language and are actually nice. Just yesterday I played a game where people just did one on ones with nobody interrupting.

Overall a brilliant game. It's only recently come out of BETA so there are still some things that need tweaking and heroes that need adding but all that SHOULD be done by next year. I definitely recommend this game to all.
  54. Jul 21, 2013
    Playing this game is not worth it. Who would want to have all characters unlocked from the beginning when you could grind for months to have decent pool while developer still releases same characters with same abilities only with different skins. Also, I have to think while playing and change roles during the game, it is unacceptable. You should follow the same meta and roles from the beginning and should be banned if you pick character that does not have a set role. And letting people from different servers play on their 1 account across the globe? It is terrible game design. Plus, there aren't even 50 hot female characters let alone that they have prostitute-looking skins.
    Terrible, worst game ever. 10/10
  55. Jul 22, 2013
    This game is like COD, hard at first but once you get the hang of it you get pretty decent. I found this game amazing and yet it had its challenging moments but it it an overall amazing game. I we can't forget its free!
  56. Jul 26, 2013
    I played both LoL and dota 2 and by far Dota 2 is best!! First of all in grafics ,amazing work! And of course its more challenging! the only bad i can find is the noob russians! they are everywhere and they dont speak english at all when they have a choise about language in server selection!
  57. Jul 26, 2013
    A superb game. My first experience with a Moba game was LoL, and this is most certainly a better game. The community can be very vocal about their distaste towards a players actions, but in my experience it was no worse than what players in LoL are like, and it is fairly simple to ignore the chat in the game so it is never much of a problem. The graphics are well done for the most part, and the free to play model for the game is outstanding. The amount of experimentation and strategy in the game can be a bit overwhelming at first, but it makes the game better once you get used to it. After playing this since the beginning of beta, i can no longer imagine going back to LoL or any other Moba. Expand
  58. Nov 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I hoped this game would get me really hooked up for a long long time but for my surprise when I was going to play my first match I discovered that the community is really unsupportive not beginner-friendly I just need 3 words to describe this game WORST COMUNNITY EVER Expand
  59. Nov 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. No event! Dota2 end game this game solo money nou event game end dota 2 derimo igra radi deneg ne igritev nee na igrokov xui oni polozili urodi suka imm tok internisinali Expand
  60. Nov 9, 2013
    THNX FOR DIRETIDEづ。◕‿◕。)づ THNX FOR DIRETIDEづ。◕‿◕。)づ THNX FOR DIRETIDEづ。◕‿◕。)づ THNX FOR DIRETIDEづ。◕‿◕。)づ THNX FOR DIRETIDEづ。◕‿◕。)づ THNX FOR DIRETIDEづ。◕‿◕。)づ THNX FOR DIRETIDEづ。◕‿◕。)づ THNX FOR DIRETIDEづ。◕‿◕。)づ THNX FOR DIRETIDEづ。◕‿◕。)づ THNX FOR DIRETIDEづ。◕‿◕。)づ THNX FOR DIRETIDEづ。◕‿◕。)づ THNX FOR DIRETIDEづ。◕‿◕。)づ THNX FOR DIRETIDEづ。◕‿◕。)づ THNX FOR DIRETIDEづ。◕‿◕。)づ THNX FOR DIRETIDEづ。◕‿◕。)づ THNX FOR DIRETIDEづ。◕‿◕。)づ THNX FOR DIRETIDEづ。◕‿◕。)づ THNX FOR DIRETIDEづ。◕‿◕。)づ THNX FOR DIRETIDE Expand
  61. Nov 1, 2013
    this is a great game, but yeah i think valve should communicate more.

don't listen to these spammers, their comments are awful nad they are just mad over nothing
  62. Nov 1, 2013
    This is the game that never stops giving. Extremely balanced with a lively and shifting professional scene. This game will certainly go down as one of the most popular e-sports of our time.
  63. Nov 8, 2013
    This game improved so much since it was released on the beta. There are over 90 heroes to choose from currently and the gamplay is as intence and as rewarding as DOTA 1. I know alot of people will be hesitant to try it at first but there has been a new tutorial system implemented in DOTA 2 and I think it will help new comers. I know some people who play LOL might bash in this game, ggg. Volvo
  64. Nov 1, 2013
    no feedback from devs since ages, dota1 was a perfect game that only needed a good platform to turn competitive but then there is all this being removed or implemented without any good reason or discussion with the community:

mute system finally stopped being so up as before but stupid feature
    ranking system unexistant, i know dozens of people who play LoL instead of dota2 because
    of this
    too much focus on cosmetic want to make money but don't want to fix the 900 bugs on the list?
    matchmaking matchmaking getting people with 10 wins to play with 2000 wins veterans
    hidden profiles boohoo i'm so pro and people always focus me, disregard the part where 90% of my games i have people doing tryhard support because im denda

This about "give diretide" is just about people who have literally NO POINT in playing the game since there is no ranking and everything is hidden; i vote 0 because there is no other way to get devs attention than to talk and do ****(NO FEEDBACK)
  65. Nov 8, 2013
    got DIRETIDE got DIRETIDE got DIRETIDE got DIRETIDE got DIRETIDE got DIRETIDE got DIRETIDE got DIRETIDE got DIRETIDE got DIRETIDE got DIRETIDE got DIRETIDE got DIRETIDE got DIRETIDE got DIRETIDE got DIRETIDE got DIRETIDE got DIRETIDE got DIRETIDE got DIRETIDE got DIRETIDE got DIRETIDE got DIRETIDE got DIRETIDE got DIRETIDE got DIRETIDE got DIRETIDE got DIRETIDE got DIRETIDE got DIRETIDE
  66. Nov 1, 2013
    Thx for new tickets on Halloween Valve. We rly need this tickets.
    Event? No thx. Only hats and tickets.
    Zero information, zero news.
    Happy Halloween!!!.
  67. Nov 1, 2013
    Dê DIRETIDE Dê DIRETIDE Dê DIRETIDE Dê DIRETIDE Dê DIRETIDE Dê DIRETIDE Dê DIRETIDE Dê DIRETIDE Dê DIRETIDE Dê DIRETIDE Dê DIRETIDE Dê DIRETIDE Dê DIRETIDE Dê DIRETIDE Dê DIRETIDE Dê DIRETIDE Dê DIRETIDE
  68. Nov 2, 2013
    NO Diretide
    MORE TICKETS AND HATS
  69. Nov 1, 2013
  70. Nov 9, 2013
    gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx gj volvo thx Expand
  71. Nov 1, 2013
    Volvo Dead Game, Didn't Give Diretide. Please Fix. Going to install League of LEgends now. Worst Game Ever. Gaben is the anti christ. I hate volvo. I am drunk. this game. EZ Rares.
  72. Nov 1, 2013
    Volvo has abandoned the game. All they care for is the hats now. No more heroes, no more events. JUST MONEY. VALVE DAMN IT. GIVE DIRETIDE! YOU DONT LISTEN TO YOUR COMMUNITY ANYMORE
  73. Nov 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. NO Diretide
    MORE TICKETS AND HATS
  74. Nov 8, 2013
    Waiting big update! Waiting big update! Waiting big update! Waiting big update! Waiting big update! Waiting big update! Waiting big update! Waiting big update! Waiting big update! Waiting big update! Waiting big update! Waiting big update! Waiting big update! Waiting big update! Waiting big update! Waiting big update! Waiting big update! Waiting big update! Waiting big update! Waiting big update! Waiting big update! Waiting big update! Waiting big update! Waiting big update! Waiting big update! Expand
  75. Nov 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dota 2 is an amazing game, made by an absolutely terrible team. Hasn't been updated in almost a half a year, no community interaction on what's going on, while the only thing that gets added is cash shop items. Expand
  76. Nov 9, 2013
    Excellent game, with much more sophisticated mechanics than LoL. It is very unforgiving and requires lots of effort to master it sufficiently enough to know what needs to be done (doing it is even harder). Dota 2 is so good, that I will focus on negatives Unfortunately there are some and three of them I consider major issue. First match making I think it has improved, but it is…
  77. Nov 2, 2013
    Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Giveつ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ GiveК Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Giveつ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ GiveК Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ ༽つGive DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Giveつ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ GiveК Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Giveつ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ GiveК Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ ༽つGive DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Giveつ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ GiveК Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Giveつ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ GiveК Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ ༽つGive DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Giveつ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ GiveК Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Giveつ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ GiveК Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ ༽つGive DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Giveつ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ GiveК Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Giveつ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ GiveК Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ ༽つGive DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Giveつ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ GiveК Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Giveつ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ GiveК Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE Expand
  78. Nov 2, 2013
    NO Diretide
    NO Updates
  79. Nov 2, 2013
  80. Nov 14, 2013
    best game ever, respect their players best game ever, respect their players best game ever, respect their players best game ever, respect their players best game ever, respect their players best game ever, respect their players
  81. Nov 8, 2013
    So good game, valve is the best, diretide will come out, and it will be great for us. I think, valve heared community voice and will fix it as soon as can.
  82. Nov 9, 2013
    Take rating back, Valve the best. We and Valve make mistake, but now we can fix it. Dota 2 rating couldn't be less then League of Lesbians! Valve one love
  83. Nov 14, 2013
    Nice game. THis is game is really awesome. In every aspect. So much better than lol, and hon. but Lol sucks more than hon. I don't even know how good that smite is, but I think it's better than lol. because Lol sucks ballz. and Dota 2 is bezt.
  84. Nov 5, 2013
    Dota 2 is a fantastic MOBA that is based off of the original Dota 1 from the WC3 era. The game is immensely complex in all of its mechanics but very simple to understand. As you can guess this results in a massive learning curve and adheres to "easy to understand, difficult to master". If you have a few friends looking for a team game to play this is a great one without a doubt. Be warned that you will get frustrated at times with your team mates, and if you solo que you risk being put on teams with those who may not speak the same language. Queing on US East servers does NOT guarantee and english speaking team, but honestly, that is the biggest issue. Otherwise, the game is flawless in execution. All heroes are immediately available, there is a tutorial mode for new players, and the ability to create your own private matches if you have a large group of friends to play your own games. These matches can also be changed to include 'cheats' and have zero cool down on abilities which makes for some hilarious games with your friends.

Generally, Dota 2 is hugely addictive, and is a ton of fun! Particularly when you get into the high skill heroes and when you learn the 'juke spots'. There is a ton of material on youtube to help you learn and to up your game. I personally have logged well over a 1000 hours as have many of my friends. Don't be fooled though, this may share similarities to HoN or LoL but it is NOT the same.
  85. Nov 8, 2013
  86. Nov 8, 2013
  87. Nov 14, 2013
    Great game you just need to practice a lot and you cannot show me a better f2p game.The best thing about the game is there is no pay to win situation you cant go ahead from other players with paying money, you can buy cosmetics or trade them but it will not make you stronger in game everything is equal. I know why ppl give low scores its mostly because they try the game and when you are a newbie its clear that you will have hard time and ppl quit when they do its a fact that dota is generally played to win I sometimes play League of Legends but I just play it to have fun but I play DotA to win. Expand
  88. Aug 13, 2013
    A game with some serious depth. Millions of hero and lane combos not to mention item builds, it is a little bit daunting. Fortunately for new players and hell even experienced ones, there are co-op and single player bot matches for you to practice and experiment new things against. The community has its ups and downs and people are quick to abuse and blame others for the team's misgivings. But you will also come across many friendly players as well who are quick to dish out praise, teach unfamiliar players and work as a team. The experience is made more fun with friends, but beware, relationships may be strained at times. Expand
  89. Jul 27, 2013
    I've got almost 900 hours on record so far. I've played other games form this genre (LoL and HoN), and I have to say, DotA2 is by far the best.

I love games with steep learning curves, where accumulating knowledge and sharpening skill is absolutely necessary for it to be playable.

The game is very fun to play, the true online sportsmanship. Best game I've played in 10 years.
  90. Nov 9, 2013
    Dota 2 is a great game that will give you a great sense of reward and accomplishment if you sink enough time and effort into it. It will do this, not by giving you stars and medals whenever you get something done correctly, but by giving you experience in every match you play that you can then put to use in every subsequent match: DIRECT experience that you will be able to employ on your own terms. Calling it a skill-based game is almost something of an understatement. Dota 2 is about "growing up" alongside all the mechanics it provides. There will never be an aspect of the game that you will have truly mastered at 100% and even if you are somehow able to, there will be uncountable other details and lessons you can learn to understand even better. It's learning, it's having fun, it's experimenting, it's getting rewarded for your efforts.

This is a truly immortal game that you'll never sink enough hours into.

Thank you, Valve.
  91. Aug 5, 2013
    Pure perfection......you cant want more from this genere oh and did i menitoned its completely free? and every new hero will be so you dont need to spend a penny for this game and you are on same ground like ppl who put $1000s into it, skill is only thing which matters in dota and tahts what makes it so great...
  92. Aug 17, 2013
    I have just 3 words -
    Not for quitters.................................................................................................................
  93. Sep 1, 2013
    Biggest learning curve of any game out there, but once you surpass that it is the most fulfilling gaming experience ever. I am still learning new tricks and strategies and im slightly over 2000 hours played. I'm still addicted, definitely most gratifying if you're playing with friends as a team. Only negative thing that could be said is the community can be filled with trash talking and people who ruin your game doing one of many things, that being said after playing a ton and moving up in experience I have seen much less of this and I rarely have to report people anymore. This game takes immense amounts of time to learn and become competitive with but that aside, its the best multiplayer game to ever have been made. Expand
  94. Aug 5, 2013
    500+ hrs in and I still feel like I'm just starting to learn. Extremely fun when played with friends. Community little bit harsh overall and of course many to deal with but it doesn't take away from the awesomeness of the whole thing.
  95. Oct 5, 2013
    It's a great game, probably the best MOBA. All the haters, who give 0 score because of the community, amuse me so much :D Showing their ignorance. First solution play with FRIENDS (Find some if you don't have) Dota Teamplay, TEAM-based game. If you are greedy and not polite, of course everyone will mock you and it will be a gg. Second try some different mods! If you know all the heroes (which is quite essential to be able to have a good experience) try CM, CD? The game mode where there is a captain, and the whole point of picking heroes is to counter enemies and communicate with the team. If you hate the community that much, well I guess you got no friends who play dota? Also if you don't like the European servers, play in US. The ping is not that high even if you are in Europe. And yeah, if you are new, best would be to have a friend who can teach you. Or just watch a lot of videos in youtube/tournaments in order to better understand the game. Don't cry just because you play online and knowing nothing makes your teammates angry. Of course, every second is gold and experience in dota :D Expand
  96. Nov 14, 2013
    Great game. Great developers. Great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great stuff.
  97. Jul 27, 2013
    I have to say the learning curve for this game is higher than what you'd think it would be. I remember going through the tutorial, and thinking i can't believe it wants me to play all these games against bots and other noobs. I found, to my enjoyment, that it is long for a reason, which is that the game is incredibly in depth, so much more so than it may appear on the surface prior to playing.

I've sunk way too many hours into this if that is any indication of it's level of excellence. Simply amazing, and it's free too!
  98. Jul 30, 2013
    This game has a lot to offer and its fun. Sure there is space for improvements but its barely out of Beta. Newcomers might dislike the community but thats the way it is. League of Legends is a lot worse. All so called "MOBA"-Games tend to have a toxic playerbase.

Other than that, just ignore all the Haters from the LoL-community. Just proves how toxic they can be. This game is designed
    for the hardcore veterans and offers a lot more tactics and ways to outplay the other team. Its far more complex and interesting and of course technically superior. You cant compare LoL and Dota 2 anyway because they feel so different. LoL is also fun because its casual and easy to pick up.

So far, i really like the visuals of the Map and the Spells in Dota 2. The delay and sometimes clunky controlls arent that bad.
  99. Aug 7, 2013
    I've been playing DotA since Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos in 2003 and played through dota-league, several in-house leagues etc., and I've got to say that DotA 2 brings the best aspects of the genre alive. I've played Heroes of Newerth, League of Legends, Smite and several other MOBA games and I love all of them, but somehow DotA 2 just keeps me pulling back in. Very, very well made and with Icefrog's lead, it's going to keep us entertained for years to come. Expand
  100. Nov 2, 2013
    NO Diretide.
    NO New Hero.
    NO Normal matchmaking system.
    MORE TICKETS AND HATS!

1. Feb 19, 2014
    Simply irresistible and addictive as hell.
  2. Sep 1, 2013
  3. Aug 30, 2013
    A great PvP game that offers some of the most intriguing and nuanced team combat around.