6.4

1. Nov 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. NO Diretide
  2. Nov 2, 2013
    Broken MM.
    Bad communication with comminity.
    Hats, hats, hats, hats, hats, hats, hats, hats... and tickets only.
    Broken dreams about Halloween 2013.
    Sorry, but your wrong Valve.
    GL
  3. Nov 2, 2013
    NO Updates
    New updates is new sets and tickets[3]
  4. Nov 2, 2013
    I am so disappointed! I dont care if there is no diretide but you HAD to announce that! People was waiting for that crap for 3 days some of them took day off work! Thats just BAD attitude to dota 2 community !
    SHAME ON YOU VALVE! Why cant you be as good as Blizzard for example? You made a HUGE fail this halloween!
    I am not going to buy any keys or sets from now on, until you will write
    an excuse letter! (prev. i spend about 1000 bucks on that!) Expand
  5. Nov 2, 2013
    This Game could be much better, but the Developer from Valve are horrible to support this game. Very bad matchmaking system(experience Player will be in same game with newbies) Very bad reporting system(just useless but really useless report system) 0 Communication from Developer, after 3 Years still 1000+ Bugs in game! If u want a MOBA try leage of legends or Heroes of Neverth, or Blizzard Dota. Expand
  6. Nov 2, 2013
    Valve does nothing. They doesn't care about the game, they only want to get money from it. They are too busy for new heroes and Halloween mode! For example LOL made Absolutly new hero every 2 weeks and valve cant made even 1. It's very sad guys,
  7. Nov 2, 2013
    Volvo where is my car?
    Bad mechanics!
    Bad report system!
  8. Zun
    Nov 3, 2013
    No Diretide. No communication with the community from Valve. No new hero in more than 3 months only hats and more hats to make more money. Disband Volvo please.
  9. Jul 16, 2013
    A true masterpiece and a milestone in gaming, this sequel to a genre-definer that is now just bursting in a global scale is a great point of reference to anyone attempting to make a game of this genre. Great graphics, amazing sound and voice design, and rich backstories in every corner are just some of the features that make Dota 2 great. But it's major strong point is the depth in its mechanics.

While Dota 2's gameplay might seem daunting at first, it's one of the best and more engaging ever seen in a game, and learning it is just one of the reasons why this game is addicting. Other games such as League of Legends end up falling short because their devs decided to cut much from the original formula, but Dota 2 kept it intact, and makes sure you learn something new everyday.

Not only the core game is strong, but also the eSport scene surrounding it is amazing and growing, with several tournaments going on, including Valve's own The International. At the time of release, the game looks like a train with no brakes, about to crash against its competitors and run them over, raising the bar on the genre with a myriad of awesome features that perfectly compliment an awesome game.
  10. Jul 16, 2013
    This is an absolutely fantastic game that puts casual moba games, such as League of Legends, to shame. It's by far the best moba game out there, and just keeps getting better as they release new heroes that were in the original warcraft 3 mod.
  11. Jul 17, 2013
    I love this game. It's both faithful to the original and a lot more user friendly at the same time. It's completely free, no need to buy heroes, or other features that could give you an advantage, and Valve is still actively balancing it with Icefrog. Most of heroes are pretty engaging, and the game itself is pretty complex, having mechanics like denying and dedicated healing abilities, something which games like LoL (strangely) don't have.

My only complaints are about hero releases, that is, that Valve is taking their goddamn sweet time doing it, and that the MM system actively tries to balance your win rate at 50% by pairing you with terrible teams if you do too well. Seriously, I'm not making that up. Still a great game, though, and if you're a newbie to mobas then it's probably the best game, since you have a decently sized tutorial system and well-made bot practice matches.
  12. Jul 17, 2013
    Best moba so far, perfect hero balancement, complex mechanics nice graphics and no pay to win, only needs matchmaking improvement.
    This game improved a lot since the first version.
  13. Jul 17, 2013
    This game is amazing. It's balanced, free, and very fun to play. There is a pretty steep learning curve, but once you get past that there's really not much to complain about the game.
  14. Jul 17, 2013
    Many heroes that differ greatly differ and each is truly a special and despite this diversity which is the balance very well. The game play is perfect desert I mean what can be improved. In Dota 2 tournaments are held constant. Another nice fact is that it is the game soon for Linux and Mac give.
  15. Jul 18, 2013
    Not a 10 because of the matching system. You jump from very good games to complete nonsense where you just wonder wtf (and you know that you have to waste 40 mins in a bad match-up)?

Overall a very good game.
  16. Jul 18, 2013
    There is a reason my friends and I have been playing since Dota Allstars in WC3, about 8 years.
    Dota 2 is the single most entertaining (albeit addicting) multiplier team game I've played.

Keep in mind, there is a large learning curve, and the community is quite tough to please, but if you play through the tutorial, and let your team mates know you are learning, most are wiling to help.

Don't get discouraged if you get yelled at for sucking, we all did at one point. Just remember people are investing 20-60min in a game, and losing because a team mate is a total noob can be frustrating. Do your best to learn quick and focus one a few heroes/item builds at a time.
  17. Jul 18, 2013
    This game is great and everyone should try it. Everything is free, well, almost everything. It has it's flaws. One of them is region system, it doesn't work at all in its way. Second is community. It has "pro" players, flamers and everything between them. And it doesn't have good training system. Sure it has training, but they don't really help and playing with bots is either too easy or too hard (usually). And yes, there is humans vs bots games, but they don't really help either. But overall, it's a great game. Expand
  18. Jul 19, 2013
    After playing this game little over a year now I've come to realize that this is probably the best Action/RTS game I have ever played. Although the game's steep learning curve had me uninterested within the first few weeks of playing, I persevered and gradually improved. This game, once you put effort in, becomes the most fun game of all time.

The only negatives about the game are: The
    community and the fact people can just decline a match leaving you to wait 2 more minutes to find a server. The community are usually egotistic and blame others for their mistakes. Occasionally you'll have an amazing game where most people speak your language and are actually nice. Just yesterday I played a game where people just did one on ones with nobody interrupting.

Overall a brilliant game. It's only recently come out of BETA so there are still some things that need tweaking and heroes that need adding but all that SHOULD be done by next year. I definitely recommend this game to all.
  19. Jul 19, 2013
    Amazing game with a mountainous learning curve. The gameplay (once you get the hang of it) is hella fun. However there is so much more than just the gameplay that I love about dota 2. The trading is just as fun as playing, with a similar learning curve. Overall this game was very well done, is updated constantly, and is exactly on par with the kind of game valve typically puts out.
  20. Jul 19, 2013
    Best game ever, have been playing it since wc3 DotA 6 years ago, still not boring and still got something to learn. DotA 2 have the deepest gameplay mechanic and strategic gameplay. only the bad side (and good side?) it have a steep learning curve. you can see from the review, it either 9-10, or 0 (LOL fanboys?) It have the essential from MOBA game. Easy to learn, Hard to master.

if you are new player want to try out DotA2, i suggest you read this first before try.
  21. Jul 20, 2013
    This game takes critical thinking. That's why it's fun. You make decisions and learn from them. Working with friends or strangers over a relatively long period of time to dominate your enemy can be extremely fun. It's also awesome when notice yourself improving.
  22. Jul 20, 2013
    This game is brilliant endless hours of fun with such a huge diversity of characters to play. It can be very antagonising, but that's one of the games charms it gives you a real drive to do better. The game has a steep learning curve but a high level of satisfaction. The game has a generally nice and inviting feel about it. It isn't without it's flaws, the multiplayer engine could do with some tweeking, and perhaps some sort of skill level matching up to let the new players learn in a more supportive environment, but other than that, this game is brilliant. Expand
  23. Jul 21, 2013
    I've never been a big MOBA player and I really, REALLY suck at RTS games or any game that requires real time strategy: this point shows an opinion from an outsider, and not a veteran, as I just randomly got into this game and played for over 100 hours. Dota 2 is considered to this day "THE" MOBA game and it's impossible to deny that a lot of veterans and old gamers of the old version have both gripes and angers upon this game for changes and whatever: like I said, I'll just say what I think as a random gamer. And that is, this game is excellent...for a free to play game. For starters, the game already lets you use EVERY hero in the roster from the start with NO money required to buy other avatars: that is a HUGE pro because, as many know, in other f2p MOBA games (like LoL) you need to buy with real money the other heroes (or be extremely patient), or else you'll be stuck with a few bunches every week that changes sporadically. This also means that the only thing you can buy are costumes and keys for crates, which unlock other costumes or parts...just like tf2 (afterall it's also a game of Valve). But that's it actually: the game asks nothing else from us and the fact that you HAVE all the heroes at once means a HUGE longevity from the start: every hero is unique in their skillsets and have an unique design that are kinda fascinating (sure, there are exceptions, but if I had to make examples, it would take all day); the statuses and the levelling upgrades are very well programmed, since that you only need to check out for 6 stats :Attack, defense, speed and the 3 main stats, which are strength, agility and intelligence; these last stats are also how the heroes are splitted, which basically means that the items you will need are gonna be more or less effective, depending on your main attribute, which will increase BOTH your damage AND whatever the stat grants: for example strength increase hp, agility increases armor and attack speed, and intelligence gives you more mana and mana regenration. With the items splitted into 3 stats plus other statuses (and with also items that give unique abilities and many active items), you can see that, on paper, the game is very big and "complete" from the get go. Of course though, with a big roster of heroes, we also have a lot of issues with balancing: heroes are splitted into various roles that can do also multiple roles, and these roles also define their main focus on the match and how they must be played That it's actually well done...for the most part. Sure, some heroes WILL be more powerful than others and WILL need a lot of effort to take down, but at the same time you'll see their weaknesses from the instant you'll try to fight them, showing a balance...to a certain degree, since some heroes are extremely powerful that, while not being overpowered, they CAN be the ruination of the match. In the end, also, it's also up to the player, since every character have a weakness that must be exploited to take them down (Stealth based heroes, for instance, require a dust to take them down or you won't be able to spot them anymore). Enough of good points...what's rotten instead? There are various issues in the game like the difficulty that REALLY requires a lot of training in practice mode but, if I have to pick one in particular, it's gonna be...

The community.

This isn't the worst community ever...but sure is annoying! Don't take me wrong though, EVERY SINGLE ONLINE GAME has at least a part of community that can't stop annoy other people, so I can't really say it's the biggest problem of the game (or else every mmo or online game in existence would have a zero just because of the community). But yes, the community can be a problem: in many matches I've played, there was, AT BEST, one leaver from one of the teams...if not 2 or more: that means that if a player leaves, that match is gonna be a loss or a tough fight, because there's NO substitution of players; I heard they were planning some sort of player switching and I do hope so because I've seen so many matches lost because of one "insert insult" decided that not getting a first blood means we fail as a team. But I'll be honest saying that, while I've seen MANY bad players, I've also had many good people willing to cooperate and I rarely met too many "insert insult" willing to ruin the mood and the game, so I consider myself lucky to have played many good matches, without mentioning some matches won with huge disadvantage (I once won 3 against 5, but also lost 5 against 2!). Other issues are probably the items in the shop, which can be expensive too...but that's entirely for looks and nothing else, so it does't count. Probably there are other minor issues but I can't much, except that Dota 2, as a MOBA game, it's very complete and deep, with no restrictions on how to start: you can start anytime, and you can pick any hero and enjoy until you want, either improving or just for relaxing. The limit is only your patience.
  24. Jul 21, 2013
    Playing this game is not worth it. Who would want to have all characters unlocked from the beginning when you could grind for months to have decent pool while developer still releases same characters with same abilities only with different skins. Also, I have to think while playing and change roles during the game, it is unacceptable. You should follow the same meta and roles from the beginning and should be banned if you pick character that does not have a set role. And letting people from different servers play on their 1 account across the globe? It is terrible game design. Plus, there aren't even 50 hot female characters let alone that they have prostitute-looking skins.
    Terrible, worst game ever. 10/10
  25. Jul 22, 2013
    This game is like COD, hard at first but once you get the hang of it you get pretty decent. I found this game amazing and yet it had its challenging moments but it it an overall amazing game. I we can't forget its free!
  26. Jul 25, 2013
    Free to play, high skill ceiling and 100% skill based gameplay. No need to spend a cent in order to "have a chance", all the paid items are cosmetic and gives 0 advantage. This game have no room for the "casuals" to just join up and mash buttons until they occasionally win. if you're not willing to learn about the game and earn your victories, then I suggest you stay away from DOTA 2.
  27. Jul 26, 2013
    I played both LoL and dota 2 and by far Dota 2 is best!! First of all in grafics ,amazing work! And of course its more challenging! the only bad i can find is the noob russians! they are everywhere and they dont speak english at all when they have a choise about language in server selection!
  28. Jul 26, 2013
    A superb game. My first experience with a Moba game was LoL, and this is most certainly a better game. The community can be very vocal about their distaste towards a players actions, but in my experience it was no worse than what players in LoL are like, and it is fairly simple to ignore the chat in the game so it is never much of a problem. The graphics are well done for the most part, and the free to play model for the game is outstanding. The amount of experimentation and strategy in the game can be a bit overwhelming at first, but it makes the game better once you get used to it. After playing this since the beginning of beta, i can no longer imagine going back to LoL or any other Moba. Expand
  29. Jul 28, 2013
    You can say what you want about the community, but the game is great. I love it and played it 400+ hours so far Never had problems with being reported and the bad games that happen sometimes usually get countered by a great and fun match afterwards.
    I would recommend everyone t at least try it for a small time once.

(get past the first waves of newcomers (aka the raging noobs) and
    you will be fine. At higher rating/level matches there is alot more optimistic and fun people... while the ragers/trolls etc. (usually free players just coming in) are at the bottom rating matches were sadly they make the life of other newcomers a misery. Expand
  30. Jul 28, 2013
    Its simply the Greatest PC game ever made. Yes its hard, yes its unforgiving, and yes some of the community are a bunch of idiots... but don't let that put you off. Keep going with it.. once you have learned how to play there is no video game PC game in the world that can touch it for awesomeness.
  31. Jul 31, 2013
    I used to be an warcraft DotA addict and a hater not willing to play LoL, HoN or similar dota-like games. This is a genuine DotA successor. Of course it takes few games to get used to it, but when you do you realize it's the good old DotA additionally enhanced beyond your imagination since it's a standalone game, not limited by the warcraft. Everything that was ever missing in the old dota has been added and upgraded. Currently this is the best multiplayer & coop arpg game available. And it's for free Expand
  32. Nov 9, 2013
    A spectacularly crafted, deep, and engaging multiplayer game. I have put in more hours to Dota 2 than any other video game that I can remember (perhaps Jedi Knight 2 had more; but that was a long time ago). It has a few flaws, such as its steep learning curve and occasionally corrosive community; but overall, the experience is an overwhelmingly positive one.
  33. Sep 13, 2013
    As far as the MOBA market goes, they don't get any better than Dota 2. All the content is freely and instantly available, no points or in game dollar system for those to pay to win. All cosmetics are just that, cosmetics.

Play with 5 friends for the best experience, solo queue suffers from racial tensions brought on by communication problems (South Americans, Russians are the more
    popular scapegoats). This weakness shows what Dota2 is really about, communication. The teams that are able to talk, plan, and think, will almost always win. Which for me, means the game has done something very right.

10/10, constant updates, extremely well made game, great voices, what lore there is is thought-out and well written, unbeatable team-experience.
  34. Oct 7, 2013
    As stated before first, i gave a 10 points review but by viewing the other users reviews i change mine to 0, and there are 11 reasons.
    1. Matchmaking: The algorithms used by valve are just horrible you don't know who youre gonna play with or if he/she even speaks your language(even if you select just spanish or just english). you can get to play with noobies or with pros and worse you can
    get a mixture of both, so in a game you're a pro and you get a guy that knows how to play 2 that have an idea and 1 that has just started playing and the other team gets 4 good players and 1 that doesn't. thats an example but its even worse than that cause usually you get noobs all the time that think they can play and they dont and the leave, making you lose the just because someone was trolling them or because they got to stressed.

2. Report System: the RS is just lame. it looks like they didn't even thought about it. it gives you3 options either to much talking, abuse of skills, and i dont remember the third xD. this gives a chance to bash the hell out of new players by "pro" players or people who think they are by saying report X person because he is a noob.

3. DotA Gameplay: The original dota was just as harsh as this one. i mean you don't know how to play DotA, don't come and play DotA 2 because your gonna get insulted like never before.

4. Nothing New: It has the same characteristics of DotA 1 except for grapics that are better but the animation problems are still the same,what do i mean by this? in DotA a certain kind of hero let's say i.e. a wizard would lift his arms up then point at one direction and cast a spell then stood there for 1 sec doing nothing that's the spell animation of the hero, now when you actually got to learn how to stop this animation from happening all the way, you might say that you know basics. in DotA 2 you have this same problem but as i have tried there's no stopping some animations, you just have to wait for the 2 sec animation and get pounded while your at it.

5. Shop: I don't know why they changed the shop style, if they didn't change anything else why the shop? DotA players knew what letters to what items to buy, now they're numbers. it completely obliges you to learn all the new numbers and it's just lazy.

6. The Pro Gameplay: DotA stays the same for pros once you get used to the new commands and the shop.

7: Team matchs: Another Matchmaking error, once you get a few players that you qualify as "good" and add them as friends, you can get a team and search with them for matches. This is great if you're on the team. Horrible if you're not. you might be a pro but get to play with 5 people that know DotA and you get 4 of them that don't, Result: POUNDED.

8. Bugs: There are some known bugs out there that you might not know like being in the shadows or a certain kind of spot that even if you're right beside the hero you won't see them, again if you don't know how to play you're screwed.

9. Basics: The tutorial gives you a veeeeeeery small minded picture of what the game really is, it actually gives you one or two good pointers like, last hitting, and buying potions but that's about it. thats not DotA.

10. Microphone: the mic feature is great...if you the language of the people that are speaking it, if not it's just annoying, and worse there are some people whose mics sound ALL THE TIME, like you hear them breathing and stuff like that, just annoying.

11. Community: Again, if you want to play DotA 2, Learn how to play DotA or practice till you can beat the out of Unfair bots, then youre ready to play with people and get ready to be insulted, mistreated, trolled, reported unfairly, screamed at, etc. the community SUCKS. and i mean it. im a pro player and i understand the anger of other players when they get noob players, but i actually surpassed that, now i know that a noob player can be taught, a player that "thinks" he is good, doesn't want to be taught and actually will insult you if you try to give pointers,so in my experience, youre a newbie, say it from the beginning so someone that know how to play helps you but then again, try to beat unfair bots then play with people.

12. Given all of these critics the matchmaking, the report system, the anti-newbie community, the gameplay,etc. i think DotA 2 is a great game for people that know how to play it. but a NIGHTMARE for people that dont.
  35. Nov 1, 2013
    I have been a player for almost 2 years now. At first i was amazed by the state in wich the beta was running. I fell in love with the game and the mechanics. I could handle the russian players en the raging. I wanted to learn more about the gameplay. When i got more and more items in the game i got a purpose, i wanted awesome cosmetics aswell as good gameplay! Diretide in 2012 provided this, i made a lot of friends that im still playing with at this event.

A week ago i got hyped for the awesome halloween event Valve would have made for Dota2. The TF2 events always were fun, and i couldnt wait to return to Diretide. But nothing happened. No communication, no diretide. I and many others got angry and demanded atleast some communication towards the biggest playerbase on Steam.

Just a little more then an hour ago they updated Dota2, with only cosmetics. Just a few cosmetics, while the playerbase is raging about the fact that there is no Diretide event. And jet no communication has been made.

Valve, you have dissapointed me. In my eyes you were the best in communicating and making games software. But after this, i have lost all hope in Valve. In my eyes, you belong right down there with EA, Ubisoft and Activision.
  36. Nov 1, 2013
    Valve destroyed game, stupid corporation which dont care about customer.

more hats less bug fix more hats less bug fix more hats less bug fix more hats less bug fix
  37. Nov 1, 2013
    Fantastic game which has managed to keep me enraptured for 300+ hours and with no sign of slowing. While updates aren't always lightning fast, they are worth the wait. Don't let some whining children poison your view of it.
  38. Nov 1, 2013
    Game is hard
    at first, but then it grows on you. I have over 500 wins and 1400 total matches played. MOBA type games need communication and updates from developers and this game has truly become dead because volvo didn't give diretide
  39. Nov 1, 2013
    Best game ever!

No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide No diretide Expand
  40. Nov 1, 2013
    Very greedy valve.
    95% of the updates is to add items to purchase. During the period of more than 3 years, Valve failed to make the mechanics of the first DotA. Manta Style does not throw most of negative effects, BS silence is not throw flasks and a million others flaws. Where heroes such as PitLord, Techies, TerrorBlade. Сould be said about eternally falling server Valve.
    I hope that
    someday return Blizzard DotA because they have a soul. Valve have only money for big tournaments and items that look worse than skin from LOL for 2$ and soap graphics. Expand
  41. Nov 1, 2013
    Terrible developers which make no communications with its playerbase at all. Atleast tell them what is going on when they ask, you just piss everyone off and they will hate you for it.
  42. Nov 1, 2013
    RIP volvo RIP diretide RIP volvo RIP diretide RIP volvo RIP diretide RIP volvo RIP diretide RIP volvo RIP diretide RIP volvo RIP diretide RIP volvo RIP diretide RIP volvo RIP diretide RIP volvo RIP diretide RIP volvo RIP diretide
  43. Nov 2, 2013
    VALVE JUST IGNORING PLAYERS, thir intrest its only suck off our money.
    p.s. suck my balls steam moderators who banned me 4 GIVEMEDIRETIDE requests
    p.s.s
  44. Nov 1, 2013
    daed gaem. gee gee no retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard retard Expand
  45. Nov 1, 2013
    This game is so ass if you think its not ass you should shoot yourself in the head because it is the assest i have ever played. kids saying its the next leauge are lying.
  46. Nov 1, 2013
    Awfull report system, matchmaking is really bad no competitive data is saved like kdr, average gpm etc. Also only cosmetic updates every week no events or new heros
  47. Nov 8, 2013
    Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Thanks volvo! Expand
  48. Nov 1, 2013
    HALLOWEEN WHERE IS MY DIRETIDE!!!
    This is the worst game in the history of mankind! Never again will not play it! Valve just inhumane what Halloween is everywhere, and in Dota 2 no!
  49. Nov 1, 2013
    NO DIRETIDE, NO NEW HEROES, NO INFORMATIONS, STUPID MM mamonts . WE dont need your games. WE dont need Half-Life 3. WE dont need DIretide 2013. 3 days and 3 nights we waiting for event. And WE got nothing. I delete dota after 5 yeas playing dota1 and 2 years playi . WE dont need your games. WE dont need Half-Life 3. WE dont need DIretide 2013. 3 days and 3 nights we waiting for event. And WE got nothing. I delete dota after 5 yeas playing dota1 and 2 years playi
  50. Nov 8, 2013
  51. Nov 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There's 2 things about Dota 2 it's completely free and it's developed by VALVe. If that's not enough for you to try this game I don't know what is. The only thing that you have to spend in order to play this game is time. That's right, Dota 2 is not like most other games and that's because it's very complex, so be patient, learn the mechanics and once it's in your system then you'll start… Expand
  52. Nov 9, 2013
    THX VALVE!!! .......................................................................................................sdaasfsafgsagagas
    gasgasgasgsagas
    gasgasgasg
    asgsagsagasgsaga
  53. Nov 1, 2013
    This game has turned into hats sale. No new heroes, no bug fixes, no communication.
    RIP DIRETIDE RIP DIRETIDE RIP DIRETIDE RIP DIRETIDE RIP DIRETIDE RIP DIRETIDE
  54. Nov 13, 2013
    Gaben i forgive you, I love this game, valve did a great job on makeing this game. IMO far better then any other similair game.. Keep on doing the good stuff valve!
  55. Nov 1, 2013
    VOLVO PLS GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO PLS GIVE DIRETIDE

pls volvo
    pls
    LOL>doto
    diretide plsdiretide plsdiretide plsdiretide plsdiretide plsdiretide plsdiretide plsdiretide plsdiretide pls

ded gaem
  56. Nov 1, 2013
    Worst pr ever in video game industry. The game may be f2p,but playing the game feels like becoming a slave of Valve. Here's why:

1. Players customers do not deserve to have any information. No twit, no forum post, no facebook post, no blog... nothing. Wait and if Valve wanna give you something; otherwise off.

2. Update priorities always based on hats. Heroes release date determined
    by hats. If hats not ready, won't release new hero. Furthermore, for the past 3 months, except for 1 balancing patch, all updates were about hats.

3. Bug is good for Valve so why fix it?

4. No ladder, bad mmr system, no players rating, wins rate hidden...

Gratz Valve you manage to surpass EA as the worst company in US.
  57. Nov 1, 2013
    Volvo give DireTide. Volvo give DireTide. Volvo give DireTide. Volvo give DireTide. Volvo give DireTide. Volvo give DireTide. Volvo give DireTide.
  58. Nov 1, 2013
    Thanks a lot for something that does not give any information about the event
    Any other company would say yes, the event will be, or no, not event
    But no, you decided to pull all the nerves
  59. Nov 1, 2013
    seriously a dead game, no diretide, no heroes being implemented. it's just icefraud with his sh1t balance left working on this dead game. LOL>dotoLOL>dotoLOL>dotoLOL>dotoLOL>dotoLOL>dotoLOL>dotoLOL>dotoLOL>dotoLOL>dotoLOL>dotoLOL>doto
  60. Nov 1, 2013
    No heroes in 113 days.
    Almost twice the player base of L4D2, CSGO, and TF2 combined. Still no Halloween update (even Cookie Clicker LoL has one)
    No communication from devs.

And to top it all off they give us an update with cosmetics and more tickets? rofl
  61. Nov 1, 2013
    No new characters, no variety, it can not be fun for the players for a long time, the only thing is the new things that are worth more than their price, they are only cosmetic in nature (not always attractive), this is good, but the price for it's overpriced.
    and the last, I was very disappointed by the attitude valve to the players DotA 2. all hoping for diretide, but is not got no
    updates regarding Expand
  62. Nov 1, 2013
    terrible mm
    slow development
    zero support
    zero communication
    bazillions of bugs
    and no diretide.

WC3 Dota still best Dota. I will play league of legends now.
  63. Nov 1, 2013
    Good game, getting murdered by Valve(yet again) What's happening to Dota 2 right now already happened to TF2. When Valve decided to take (yet again) another community member idea, and make it into a game slowly but surely that game gets killed. CS was a great game. Look at it now, CS:GO is a shell of was CS 1.6 was back in the day. Ofcourse they up with Source before that but the difference between Source and GO was that Source was actually popular for a period of time.

TF2 was initially a very fun team FPS with an interesting theme and simple but effective and fun team class gameplay. The game was decently balanced around it core classes.

The came the hats, and even though initially they had guidelines about matching their artsyle it was of course throw away in order to make more money from the communities work for their Steam Marketplace and virtual economy. Then they added new weapons to with the balance and clearly the game became a remnant of what people liked. Honestly you know it's bad when I'd rather play the console port of TF2 because even the inferior 5 year old port is better than that they up on the PC. They made garbage decisions forgetting why the game was popular to turn it into a money generator.

Dota 2 follows very closely in the same footprints Long ago were the days people were optimistic about the spoils of war update, thinking we could go a seperate path than the game that walked before it. What did we get instead? SLow and stagnating game development, with he Original hero pool not done aftre three years, three years for LAN mode which you need to be online to play anyway, bare bones MM and no ladders/stats of any kind unless your a 5 man team(which you are better of playing inhouses anyway since the TMM rating has very little value). You also get very little additional or new content. In fact now that Dota 2 is out of beta, the game is progressing less and events like Diretide that happened in beta with less players gets canceled without a word. And yes they did promise it, last time I checked Annual meant once a year. Diretide was supposed to be an annual event. Guess that's done, but TF2 can get its 5th Halloween update despite much less concurrent players? What? It's also taking Valve MONTHS to port already established heroes from Dota 1. Riot can make a completely new one in 2 weeks. Ouch.

Valve is sitting on their hands and making bad decisions faster bad decisions. The only decent thing they have done is catering to e-sports with tickets and Dota TV, but when it comes to playing the game rather than watching it, your in for some disappointment. Oh and the hiked up the ticket prices initially when Dota 2 TV were on average $2.99. Now your average ticket is $8 dollars or more with only the lower tier tournament being $3.99.

If your not a diehard MOBA fan, honestly you're better off going to LoL, and I'm saying this as a Dota fan(not Dota 2) and as a person who thinks LoL is the inferior game. Why? Because if you play MOBAs causally Riot gives you hats AND new content. Valve only gives you hats and disappointment and zero communication. Also, for what it's worth, Riot's hats are better anyway. Go figure.

This game gets a six just for being good as a port of Dota, -4 for being under Valve's control. This game is going the way of CS and TF2. Ded. Which is a shame because CS was a really good competitive game.
  64. Nov 1, 2013
    This game was awesome like 1-2 years ago before Valve take the idea of their POPULAR" games like TF2. The problem of dota 2 is worstest community ever, if you wanted to play once in pub you will never turn on this game at all. Next problem is longest updates i had ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All you doing full 5 months it is taking more and more sets to buy.

**** YOU VOLVO! AND
    YOU RUINED DIRETIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  65. Nov 1, 2013
    3 days and 3 nights we waiting for event. And WE got nothing. No Diretide. No communication with the community from Valve. No new hero in more than 3 months only hats and more hats to make more money.
  66. NFK
    Nov 1, 2013
    Volvo abandoned the game. They can realy warn community that diretide willnt this year. But they dont care about community. No heroes, more sets from workshop, more money. Go to hell players
  67. Nov 1, 2013
    So i played this game and its pretty bad really unbalanced and no diretide i also think the developers abandoned the game because there hasn't been a good update in months so don't play this.
  68. Nov 1, 2013
    DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide DIRETIDE diretide Collapse
  69. Nov 2, 2013
    I hoped this game would get me really hooked up for a long long time but for my surprise when I was going to play my first match I discovered that the community is really unsupportive not beginner-friendly I just need 3 words to describe this game WORST COMUNNITY EVER
  70. Nov 8, 2013
    Alive game volvo reband ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Alive game volvo reband ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Alive game volvo reband ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
    Got DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っGot DIRETIDE(っ◔◡◔)っ
  71. Nov 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this game f*cked me thank your for game VALVE I will do not buy anything in your store more
  72. Nov 2, 2013
    Hello Valve. Can understood your position,
    What your givent information for YES DIRETIDE or NO DIRETIDE?
    You all to for us. Becaouse we all waiting new heroes 4 month or Helooween mod or any mod, but YOU ADD 70 mb update 5 new sets LOOOOOOL
    That's enough!
    I cant plya dota 2 anymore
  73. Nov 2, 2013
    I want Diredite I want Diredite I want Diredite I want Diredite I want Diredite I want Diredite I want Diredite I want Diredite I want Diredite I want Diredite
  74. Nov 2, 2013
    Do not care about their players! They demolish the hope! They force people to not sleep for weeks! They never fall short of expectations! They look at us with a high! They had no time to inform you of upcoming events, even if they will not! I am very offended by the game for the last five days!
  75. Nov 2, 2013
    GOOD JOB VOLVO! NO EVENT! Where is holdout? only dota items, you are lose a lot of respect of community((((((((((((((
  76. ekk
    Nov 2, 2013
    the game just for of profit. No new heroes, new maps, new events, garbage matchmaking
    and report system. Only sales cosmetic Items.Good job Valve. Waiting for Blizzard dota.
  77. Nov 2, 2013
    Garbage matchmaking
    Garbage report system
    Garbage game engine results in 9 games without someone being able to load and you reenter the queue
  78. Nov 2, 2013
  79. Nov 4, 2013
    Zaebis'
    This game improved so much since it was released on the beta. There are over 90 heroes to choose from currently and the gamplay is as intence and as rewarding as DOTA 1. I know alot of people will be hesitant to try it at first but there has been a new tutorial system implemented in DOTA 2 and I think it will help new comers. I know some people who play LOL might bash in this
    game, but both games are compleatly different. Its like comparing COD and Battlefield, they are so different that connot be compared. (no preference on either game, I think bot of them are good) Give this game a try, the learning curve is very steep but it is rewarding when you learn. I think this is the best gave valve has ever developed and has been the most played game on steam ever since the second year of beta development. Try it out, its free and badass! Expand
  80. Nov 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "Dota 2" by Valve: "DotA" legacy... Bad matchmaking system for solo players. Bugs. Lags. Bad balance. Hidden profiles. No advanced statistics. Cartoon graphics. Terrible patch 6.79. No useful updates. Too aggressive community. No in-game support. No events. No media content. Terribly buggy torrent-browser Steam. Too many gift boxes! Too many hats!
    - Too many donate things!
    - And OTHER many many many bad things...

Very sad, but now the "Dota 2" looks like a game created only for receiving money players.
    Good Job, VOLVO. Next month i will play "League of LEXUS" and "Heroes of NISSAN"!!
  81. Nov 2, 2013
    No DIRETIDE!!!Garbage matchmaking
  82. Nov 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A score of zero, because Valve decided not to release all the favorite addition Diretide, because almost all the community had expected it, but it never happened.
    All Valve games have modes for Halloween, but not in Dota2 this year, and it was a big mistake!
  83. Nov 2, 2013
  84. Nov 2, 2013
  85. Nov 2, 2013
    NO Diretide.
    NO New Heroes.
    NO Normal matchmaking system.
    NO Rank system.
    NO Communication from developers with the players.
    Only hats, hats, hats, hats, hats, HATS AND HATS!
  86. Nov 2, 2013
    This game is genuinely dead. No communication from the devs for months. No proper communication in a year or maybe more. The game is buggy as The only content added to the game serves as a cash cow for a company who has worked out the best way of getting money from its customers is to add ****ty "cosmetics". No features worth talking about compared to DotA 1. Don't download this just play DotA 1 if you can. Expand
  87. Nov 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Garbage matchmaking
  88. Nov 2, 2013
    Tactically speaking there is a lot more to this than most basic pvp fests. Even playing against bots can be fun. I have to say I wasn't expecting when I got on this page such a huge backlash but then I guess we're talking about the kind of people for whom a game that costs you nothing and is lovingly crafted and designed just isn't good enough,
  89. Nov 7, 2013
    NO Diretide NO New Hero NO Updates NO Normal matchmaking system New updates is new sets and tickets New updates is new sets and tickets New updates is new sets and tickets
  90. Nov 4, 2013
    I hoped this game would be fun but it isnt, first you need, when lucky, wait for 10 minutes for a match, only to find yourself with people you dont even understand, the community is horrible and it is not beginner- friendly at all
  91. Nov 4, 2013
    Ok where do i start witch this game, Poor graphics Buggy The match making is awful the wait time to get into games is shocking the learning curve is mental and the tutorials you get don't really help. Boring to play Items and collectibles are confusing and offer no help. community that play the game are 80% idiots and when you do "report" them for being idiots quitting mid match ect nothing seems to happen and to add to it all the game is so repetitive you will find yourself doing the exact same thing during each of the hour long matches. I gave this game 1 because its free and free games are good......well....was good.. Expand
  92. Nov 5, 2013
    Valve is ignoring community, especially dota2 players, last new hero was 5 months ago ,no community interaction on what's going on, while the only thing that gets added is cash shop items.
  93. Feb 25, 2014
    Before that, all was bearable until Valvil not released fit and offerings ... I was disappointed in the event, and even more from the offerings. Over 40 + pages of rare eventually got no use to anyone. So let oppressive VALVE on!
  94. Nov 5, 2013
  95. Jul 16, 2013
    Valve has worked hard to make DotA 2 a success and it really show. The game plays very well and other than unit boxing it feels very responsive. The balance the game strike is quite good, there aren't any heroes that stand leaps and bounds above the rest. Every hero has it's place and situation it will shine in which adds another layer of complexity to the game. Not only do you need to know how to play the heroes you need to know when to play them.

Overall great game, if you're into RTS games or MOBA's definitely give DotA 2 a good shot.
  96. Jul 17, 2013
    With 600+ hours put into this game, I can truthfully say that anyone complaining about a poorly designed matchmaking system is sadly mistaken. Due to the numerous intricacies involved with having a 'good game', most new players will blame the aforementioned (matchmaking). Watching any competitive match will only justify this. Most players have a difficult time with this game due to what is called 'Solo Mid Syndrome'; attributing a bad game to one of the numerous possible things that will cause your team to lose.

Recommendations for a new player: Play with friends. Find a mentor. If you can't do this, keep playing until you learn a character and win a game. Pulling out a W in an extremely difficult game, with quite possibly the highest skill cap of any game out there, will give a feeling of elation.

Most importantly, read the below link and pay attention. This is not a game for the weak willed.

97. Jul 17, 2013
    Dota 2: simplemente no es un juego. es una pasion. creado por valve. que ya es mucho decir. con el gran empeño de IceFrog. Completamente gratis. 0% Pay2Win.
    Puedes jugar horas y horas sin cancarte.
    Las mecanicas son 100% excelentes
    Heroes balanceados.
    La verdad no se que decir. Esto es increible. ya hace 7 años juego DotA y 2 Dota 2. Simplemente el juego mas adictivo que juge en estos
    20 años de videojuegos. Expand
  98. May 13, 2014
    DOTA 2 is definitely an improvement from the original in terms of graphics, and accessibility. The gameplay is not much different but there are improvements. There is no story aside from character bios for the different heroes and item explanations. The lack of story and character progression can ultimately make the struggle feel pointless. However, the skill ceiling is extremely high, and the variety of play styles one will encounter ensures that every battle will have different opportunities for successes and failures. These successes and failures can inform the player of correct and incorrect actions that allow the player to improve their ability by learning from them. Expand
  99. Nov 10, 2013
    Just a fun fact about the rating system, 90% of these negative reviews recently have stemmed from a pile of whiny entitled gamers who had a holiday event cancelled (eventually turned out to just be a delay), so effectively add about 2-3 points to the score, and subtract about 2500 negative reviews (mainly the 0s) from consideration.
  100. Jul 23, 2013
    Dota 2 is hands down a fun, strategic game to play, however despite the factor that it has finally officially released out of Beta, I would like to highlight that there is still much being planned for it. First I would like to explain a little about me. I personally have a strong connection with strategy games and overall challenging games with fairly high learning curves, this being civilization 4 and 5, starcraft 2, league of legends, heroes of newerth and so on. So what I can say about Dota is that it is potentially the hardest of all of these to master. If you play the game and go to the hero screen, select meepo, then you know'll know how hard it can be. Getting into the game though has started to become easier then when it was in Beta though as tutorials, in-game guides, and improved layout has made it much easier to come into then before. Even if I didn't play Dota 1 I can tell you it is much, much smoother. But while their exists only a couple major tutorials I want to highlight that their will probably be more along the way.

In fact, valve has set up such a progressive series of goals for Dota 2 that will make the game run even stronger. For example, the dreaded leaver situation when someone loses internet or just is angry and leaves everyone 4 v 5. I personally have this problem in League of Legends, and Smite all the time. Well eventually Valve plans on reaching the point of having a bot take control of the character. Now this is amazing to me! Too many times has someone left at critical points and I suffered defeat at the hands of this. I already applaud the fact that unlike Lol or Smite I can control the leaver but even then that can be difficult with your own hero. This just shows how much work is still on the table and where this game is still going. Dota 2 despite being released out of Beta still has another 10 or 11 heroes not yet ported from Dota 1, so more strat is still coming. Another amazing thing is Dota 2 future plans to allow modding of maps and game modes, which is something the original dota at its heart was all about. Already people can mod costumes for characters and make cool in game gear (that pays the maker, Yeah valve pays people to create cosmetics) that doesn't affect the in-game gameplay. Dota 2 is a game about balance, constantly looking to create a fair strategic game. I have problems with Lol about how skins can improve champs, which adds to the P2W argument but thats a whole different debate I'm not touching.

The game has come to such a point that it runs so smoothly and in a sense it has the mindset of a game of basketball. At first your not the best shot and people will get aggressive but as you become comfortable with the game you catch on quick. You can imagine the different roles like positions on a basketball team, and make comparisons to help you. There is a great deal of help not necesarilly in the game but online too.

The Dota communitty is very strong, simillarly to the LoL communitty on websites like Reddit. I believe the Dota 2 reddit did a poll actually and found that they were the 6th most visited Reddit group (don't quote me on it, I could be mistaken since I can't find the post) There you can find people who are also learning and professionals who can answer your questions or help you learn. It's very interesting as well to see how much Valve pays attention to their fans, if a bug get's reported or an issue with Dota 2 Valve responds incredibly quickly.

One of the things that even I thought I would never take a part of was the professional series but valve has done a great job to nudge me in. I never thought I would start enjoying watching pros play but the I didn't think the same about basketball. However with so much accessibilty it becomes easy to get excited and view just about any game with the replay system and what not. Currently Dota 2 has the largest prize pool in eSports for the International 3. The community is strong and although we may have the occasional aggresive teammate, I personally find the aggresive teammate often is someone who needs a hug cause he having a bad game. (a.k.a dieing a lot or he's not sure what to either)

So in conclusion, It's honestly amazing to see how far the game has come along. However it is important to note that even now that it's out of Beta it still has a long way to go, with so much more planned ahead. Whether it be adjusting a model to give a character a better charm of likeability, or striving towards their goals the game has come along way in improving itself during Beta. However do not have the notion that it is done most of what it wants to do. It's just getting started.
  101. Nov 1, 2013

1. Feb 19, 2014
    Simply irresistible and addictive as hell.
  2. Sep 1, 2013
  3. Aug 30, 2013
    A great PvP game that offers some of the most intriguing and nuanced team combat around.