6.3

1. Nov 1, 2013
    LoL DotA.

Riot Games is the example of all company should follow for an e-sports free to play game.

DotA 2 is a complete fail in all his aspects.
  2. Nov 1, 2013
    Negatives

Frequent forced updates for purchasable in game items. Slow updates for porting existing heroes from DotA 1 to Dota 2. Mind you, not new heroes, but No trailer for official release. Competitive and unforgiving game. (Often the case for ARTS/MOBA genre) Making it hard for new players to actually have fun playing. More often then not, my friend which is new to the game ended
    Negatives

Frequent forced updates for purchasable in game items.
    No trailer for official release.
    Competitive and unforgiving game. (Often the case for ARTS/MOBA genre) Making it hard for new players to actually have fun playing. More often then not, my friend which is new to the game ended up quitting due to the nature of the game.

A ton of bugs

No new hero that is actually created. All the heroes are ports from the oringal DotA.

Positives

Clean graphics
    Cosmetic items are tradable
    Its on steam could be a negative to some)

All in all, i do not recommend this game for people who are looking for casual gaming or to actually have fun.
  3. Nov 8, 2013
    fnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnxfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVO Expand
  4. Nov 2, 2013
    If it wasn't a coin-flipping simulator, this game would get a 10.
    - matchmaking is broken in certain modes (all pick).
    - as with all games in the ARTS genre, the community is quite toxic.
    - a lot of non-US foreigners play well, but sometimes it's a nuisance.
    - gameplay has incredible depth and complexity and is very rewarding.
  5. Nov 2, 2013
    This game is pretty much inferior to WC3 dota in every way besides graphics. It certainly doesn't help that all Valve does is add cosmetic items to milk it as much as possible, without giving a damn about the actual quality of the game.
  6. Nov 2, 2013
    NO Diretide.
    NO New Hero.
    NO Normal matchmaking system.
    New updates is new sets and tickets.
    MORE TICKETS AND HATS!
    MORE! MORE TICKETS AND HATS! MORE!
  7. Nov 2, 2013
    NO Diretide.
    NO New Heroes.
    NO Normal matchmaking system.
    NO Rank system.
    NO Communication from developers with the players.
    Only hats, hats, hats, hats, hats, HATS AND HATS!
  8. Nov 2, 2013
    The game is somewhat ok, the main issue is the company who is developing it. There is ABSOLUTELY 0 communication between the developers and the community. There are currently two forum in which you have to post if you want to discuss about dota: one is the developer forum and one is the old wc3 dota forum. The developer forum is meant ONLY for bugs in DOTA2, the wc3 forum is instead forThe game is somewhat ok, the main issue is the company who is developing it. There is ABSOLUTELY 0 communication between the developers and the community. There are currently two forum in which you have to post if you want to discuss about dota: one is the developer forum and one is the old wc3 dota forum. The developer forum is meant ONLY for bugs in DOTA2, the wc3 forum is instead for balance discussion. If you post for balance in the dev forum they send you to the wc3 forum. Do you know what is the issue with this? THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO VALVE DEVELOPER IN THE WC3 FORUM. Why Valve is confusing the community this way? The wc3 forum is clearly inappropriate to hold a discussion about dota 2. It's as if the official League of Legends forum was inside the Heroes of Newerth forum, there is no reason to split this way the people who like the game. 99.999% of the answers you get from the wc3 forum are from other community members. That is right, there is currently no one WORKING on dota 2 answering your question. Icefrog the person who is balancing the game hasn't answered or talked to the community in the last 2 or three years. Valve developers are even worse. Forget about knowing if there will be a patch soon, NONE OF THE 300 VALVE DEVELOPERS WILL ANSWER TO THIS SIMPLE QUESTION, they prefer to keep their fan waiting for hours as if this wouldn't make them angry. In other Dota like games the developers always say that the community must be keep clean from the toxicity. In DOTA2 I say that the developers are the most TOXIC part of the game. Expand
  9. Nov 4, 2013
    "Dota 2" by Valve:

+ "DotA" legacy... - Bad matchmaking system for solo players. - Bugs. - Lags. - Bad balance. - Hidden profiles. - No advanced statistics. - Cartoon graphics. - Terrible patch 6.79. - No useful updates. - Too aggressive community. - No in-game support. - No events. - No media content. - Terribly buggy torrent-browser Steam. - Too many gift boxes! -
    "Dota 2" by Valve:

+ "DotA" legacy...

- Bad matchmaking system for solo players.
    - Bugs.
    - Lags.
    - Bad balance.
    - Hidden profiles.
    - No advanced statistics.
    - Cartoon graphics.
    - Terrible patch 6.79.
    - No useful updates.
    - Too aggressive community.
    - No in-game support.
    - No events.
    - No media content.
    - Terribly buggy torrent-browser Steam.
    - Too many gift boxes!
    - Too many hats!
    - Too many donate things!
    - And OTHER many many many bad things...

Very sad, but now the "Dota 2" looks like a game created only for receiving money players.
    Good Job, VOLVO. Next month i will play "League of LEXUS" and "Heroes of NISSAN"!!
  10. Nov 2, 2013
    Offsetting some diretide here might be nice for a change. It's brilliant, it's amazing, it's got events (TI, WOO), and it's just fun to play if you ignore the trolls and haters, which is easy enough
  11. Nov 2, 2013
    Let's see:
    Valve has officially released Dota 2 at 9 july 2013, but now in 3/8 games two-five gamers has auto-disconnect from the session. Not one patch have not fix that.
    Fix 6.79 adds many cool stuff, but it's not changes, what really need to dota-community: we wait new heroes with their own mechanics teeches, commander, terrorblade and other. Finally, Halloween positioned like
    Let's see:
    Finally, Halloween positioned like annual event but here we have new fail.

Oh, VERY thanks for new hats and awesome discount in steam, yeah *sarcasm*
  12. Nov 2, 2013
    An excellent game. I have never had any technical issues with it. The gameplay is amazing. One of the more polished PvP oriented games I've ever played, and it's bloody well free! Whats not to love? Ignore all the negative reviews from children that are sad about not having a Halloween update for their free game like they assumed would happen.

This is beyond worth checking out. I have

This is beyond worth checking out. I have never been one to clock that many hours into a game. Yet here I am with almost 1,000 hours of actual gameplay in this sucker. I got my wife hooked and all my friends. It's perfect. CHECK IT OUT!
  13. Nov 2, 2013
    Garbage matchmaking
    Garbage report system
    Garbage game engine results in 9 games without someone being able to load and you reenter the queue
    0 communication and 0 visibility no visible MMR no ladders)
    No region locks.
    You take a perfect game and turn it into worst game ever created.
    GG WP
  14. Nov 3, 2013
    DOTA2 could have been a good game. It was promising, with deep mechanics. Sadly it's plagued by huge issues. The Matchmaking is absolutely dreadful and lead to very frustrating games full of flames and insults. The community is downright terrible. i haven't seen a single game without at least a troll or a leaver. Valve seems strangely non-responsive, doing very little to address thoseDOTA2 could have been a good game. It was promising, with deep mechanics. Sadly it's plagued by huge issues. The Matchmaking is absolutely dreadful and lead to very frustrating games full of flames and insults. The community is downright terrible. i haven't seen a single game without at least a troll or a leaver. Valve seems strangely non-responsive, doing very little to address those core issues. After a while I realized I just wasn't having any fun with this game and quited. Expand
  15. Nov 9, 2013
    THANKS VALVE(づ。◕‿◕。)づ THANKS VALVE(づ。◕‿◕。)づ THANKS VALVE(づ。◕‿◕。)づ THANKS VALVE(づ。◕‿◕。)づ THANKS VALVE(づ。◕‿◕。)づ THANKS VALVE(づ。◕‿◕。)づ THANKS VALVE
  16. Nov 3, 2013
    A lot of bugs, bad balance patches that only produce more bugs, even engine is bugged. Still no old modes, like "radiant vs dire". Even tho community is bad in a lot of matches it is bad that you can get mute ban, instead of just mute the person that is flaming. Only thing that is really good is the art style.
  17. Nov 3, 2013
    This Game is pretty fine. I'd give it a 8/10 without any doubt, but there are no updates anymore (except new hats). Though worst thing is: there is no DIRETIDE. How can anyone commit such a crime ?

0 points due to volvo
  18. Nov 4, 2013
    Dota 2 is a multiplayer match of 5x5 real lilfe players each controling 1 hero with unique abilities, you will buy items and level up your character as you play.

To win you have to destroy the opponent main building, to reach it you have to destroy all towers in the path to be able to attack the main building (there 3 paths) Theres a total of more than 100 heroes making the

Theres a total of more than 100 heroes making the replayability very high.

The key point to win in this game is team cooperation in teamfights and your team selection.

No matter how good a player is, if his team dont work together it will be nearly impossible to win.

So if you like a fast multiplayer competition with lot of replayability and dont care about a lot of training to be a really a good player you will love this game.

Any low score this game receive if from whiners that want everthing easy this game is not easy and you need practice to master it.

Remember the challenge is integral part of the fun.
  19. Nov 4, 2013
    All the frustrated lol trolls decided to show up on metacritic. No server lag here since I have been playing it, cosmetics are nice but wish there was more to purchase than hero sets,courier skins and hud skins.The only complaint I have is the the dota loading emblem, on start up it tends to pixelate very harshly.
  20. Nov 6, 2013
    It's legitimately a shame the way valve has chosen to handle this game. The game has tremendous potential, yet it is utterly squandered in the way they handle it. The game has been out of beta for some months, and honestly, was never quite ready to come out of it In my opinion. They prioritized the shop over finishing the hero roster, improving the matchmaking, or adding some sort ofIt's legitimately a shame the way valve has chosen to handle this game. The game has tremendous potential, yet it is utterly squandered in the way they handle it. The game has been out of beta for some months, and honestly, was never quite ready to come out of it In my opinion. They prioritized the shop over finishing the hero roster, improving the matchmaking, or adding some sort of competitive ladder. To make matters worse, the communication from valve is literally non existent, and there has been no meaningful content update since july. I don't personally care about halloween events, but you're telling me you create one for tf2 and even cs go over dota 2? That's not the way you support a game that at this point is just trying to get started. On the whole the game is good, but valve's lack of support is appalling. I really want to rate the game higher than this, because as a game it is very good. It's just a shame it's being handled in such a poor manner. I have well over 1000 hours at this point, but just lost faith in valve's ability to deliver any sort of meaningful content. Don't add more hats, don't update the store. Finish adding the heroes, improve the matchmaking. Add a ladder. Finish. The. Damn. Game. Expand
  21. Mar 22, 2014
    They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide.
  22. Nov 8, 2013
    People Where so mad about Diretide, Valve not releasing it. but here it is, we're getting it on the next update hope people are happy now and ENJOOY THE MODe
  23. Nov 8, 2013
    This game is awesome, Valve did some big mistakes but they're fixing it. God, I love this company.

24. Nov 8, 2013
    Better than League. Community needs to calm down over diretide. Valve is usually quiet on what they're working with and I'm fine with that. If everyone just had the patience and waited they would have seen the huge update and nothing would have been wrong.
  25. Nov 8, 2013
    This is a terrific game and easily the best MOBA game out there and all for the grand cost of $0. It has a significant learning curve but this contributes to the overall rewarding experience and re-playability. Well worth installing and giving a try.
  26. Nov 8, 2013
    TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVE TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVE
  27. Nov 9, 2013
    I love this game so much, it is so deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
  28. Nov 9, 2013
    Addicting

In the beginning public matches are fun, but there is not much teamplay and alot of blaming. When getting the hang of it the funfactor rises but even if doing everything right there is always someone trolling, solo playing just to get items and doesn't even care to speak english on an english server. I think to be able to get the most out of this game is to play in a team
    Addicting

I think to be able to get the most out of this game is to play in a team with friends, but publlic is still an addicting experience though with alot of problems mainly no or rarely teamplay.
  29. Nov 9, 2013
    Thanks volvo! doto unded dt her volvo fix doto Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!
    wow
    such game
    much hats
    volvo pls
    (づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!
  30. Nov 9, 2013
    Complex mechanics that are fun to learn, hard to master. Amazing artwork across the entire game. Constant updates that keep the game fresh. One of the best ever created.
  31. Nov 9, 2013
    Best moba ever ,this demands alot of time but is a great challenge ,valve is for first time paying attention to the comunity ,thanks volvo we love you again
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
  32. Nov 10, 2013
    Dota "fans' before halloween: I love this game! 10/10
    Dota "fans" after halloween: THIS GAME SUCKS 111!111!!!

LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
  33. gax
    Nov 10, 2013
    Absolute best game ever made, second to none. nice graphics and sounds, well balanced and great competitive scene. i can see this game rising to the number 1 esport in the world
  34. Nov 11, 2013
    Don't go by the negative reviews, its because valve didn't make an announcement regarding an event. This is a AAA game for free with a steep learning curve. However, once you learn it, its never ending fun.
  35. Nov 16, 2013
    I Love the Game. No pay to win.Well balanced Good graphic. And most of all good Game-play.You have to like the genre. Then the game will be perfectly for you.
  36. Nov 20, 2013
    the community is trash, there is not rating, or anything that help you not to be paired with "noobs" (LOL has this i believe) and HoN definitely has it, so yeah, valve is more worried about selling sets and stuff for heroes and make money instead of improving the game
  37. Nov 23, 2013
    After 6 years of dota i can say this is the best game i have ever played. More than 3000 houres of gameplay and playing is still fun. I realy enjoy dota 2! I am rly exited for the "new" heros and some realy new stuff.
  38. Nov 25, 2013
    It's fun for a while, although gets repetitive after a while due to there being only one map. There are MAJOR balance issues, which makes the game utterly irritating to play, not to mention the god-awful "community". All in all though, pretty fun game.
  39. Dec 3, 2013
    After playing the first DotA, the transition wasn't too big for me. I've now played 1000 hours and feel that I can write a fair review. I'll keep this short, simply listing the positives and the negatives.

The Positives: Endless of hours of gameplay Endless combinations of heroes Special game modes for holidays Easy to set up games with friends, to play with each other or against

The Positives:

Endless of hours of gameplay
    Endless combinations of heroes
    Special game modes for holidays
    Easy to set up games with friends, to play with each other or against other teams
    Beautifully crafted
    Awesome contributions of items from the community

The Negatives:

The community. Some people are just real a-holes.
    The matchmaking feels incredibly broken at times. You either demolish the other team or you get demolished. It is rare to get opponents with equal skill level.
    Language barriers: This mostly concerns russians that don't speak a word of english and they don't care what you say if they happen to speak english. I've learned more russian profantiy from this game than I care to admit.
    You can almost count the heroes with "skill shots" (e.g. sacred arrow, hook etc.) on one hand.
    Smurfing. Players that already have hundreds of hours played create new accounts to be matched against newbies. This will ruin games for beginners.
    A ladder is sorely missed for many players. This would enable better match making and for teams that don't play on a professional level some time in the spotlight too.
    Sometimes too much focus on items and customizability than on gameplay and updates of core mechanics.

As you can see, the majority of the problems that this game suffers from are the community. Valve has taken some steps to solve this (e.g. choosing preferred language in games, choosing lane from character selection), but it rarely gets to the core of it, namely, player stupidity.

That being said, this game is best played with five friends against other players, or just playing in house games with a larger group of friends. If you play this solo and never played DotA before, get ready to be flamed and discouraged to learn the game. The new coaching feature is for you.
  40. Dec 3, 2013
    Every mistake counts; every miscalculation will cost you direly. Dota is a game of the mind more than anything else. It tests your awareness, your ability to outwit and outsmart your opponent. The problem, however, is that the game is plagued by its community. Because Dota relies more upon the ability of the team than the skill of the individual, you will find yourself becoming frustratedEvery mistake counts; every miscalculation will cost you direly. Dota is a game of the mind more than anything else. It tests your awareness, your ability to outwit and outsmart your opponent. The problem, however, is that the game is plagued by its community. Because Dota relies more upon the ability of the team than the skill of the individual, you will find yourself becoming frustrated with players who perform poorly.

In addition to the poor community, the game has a very high learning curve. The learning curve, however, is a good thing, as it allows for Dota to have a great deal of depth. The best way to approach this, if you are a new player, is to accept that you suck, and simply persist. You will not experience the joy of Dota until you can play it competently. It will likely take you a few months to get a basic sense for the games various heroes and mechanics, but it is the journey that is important, not the destination.

Dota 2 is an amazing, beautiful game if you can get past the learning curve. To avoid the ever dreaded community, play with your friends.
  41. Dec 9, 2013
    Steep learning curve, and I say this even though I played Dota1 for 2 years back when I played wc3. Incredibly rewarding teambased strategy game. Wouldn't recommend playing it by yourself, but the most fun i've had playing a competitive game in years. What Valve is doing for the growth of Dota2 in Esports as well is amazing!
  42. Jan 6, 2014
    Pros:
    Great graphics/interface
    Easy matchmaking Sucessful ported game from dota 1 Cons: Colision system is so high Camera distance very low Heroes are visual polluted Battle is very polluted, you need take a good look to understand wath is happening Matchmaking system fails Lack of local player baning system The given priority to cosmetic itens Were is the dam raking system,
    Pros:
    Great graphics/interface
    Easy matchmaking
    Sucessful ported game from dota 1

Cons:
    Colision system is so high
    Camera distance very low
    Heroes are visual polluted
    Matchmaking system fails
    Lack of local player baning system
    The given priority to cosmetic itens
    Were is the dam raking system, no rank no moba valve!
  43. Jan 29, 2014
    One of the most addicting games I have ever played! I started playing Dota 1 around 2004 and went on to play Dota 2 when it was in beta. I agree with many of the negative posts here that the matchmaking system is flawed and that the game itself has some issues, but I don't think that these issues overshadow the fact that this is a great game. Yes the community isn't the most noob friendlyOne of the most addicting games I have ever played! I started playing Dota 1 around 2004 and went on to play Dota 2 when it was in beta. I agree with many of the negative posts here that the matchmaking system is flawed and that the game itself has some issues, but I don't think that these issues overshadow the fact that this is a great game. Yes the community isn't the most noob friendly and people can be overwhelmingly retarded sometimes, but if you have some good friends to play the game with, you are certainly going to enjoy it. Expand
  44. Feb 16, 2014
    Crappy game forces you to play losing matches, imbalanced heroes, HORRIBLE matchmaking algorithm, all around **** game that should have stayed on Warcraft 3, it was way better back then.
  45. Feb 17, 2014
    This one of my favorite games - appears simple but is devilishly complex. You'll want to proceed through the entire tutorial, and then ease into multiplayer, expecting significant early failure. Stick with it though, and experience one of the finest in free to play competitive RTS.
  46. Feb 23, 2014
    I love this game. It is hard, it has depth, and most of all it is very addictive. You will never play two matches the same, EVER. It is competitive and the community reflects it. The game mechanics are solid. I love the art design. They do events according to the season which is engaging. The game is completely free to play. You do not have to buy anything to enjoy the game. All of theI love this game. It is hard, it has depth, and most of all it is very addictive. You will never play two matches the same, EVER. It is competitive and the community reflects it. The game mechanics are solid. I love the art design. They do events according to the season which is engaging. The game is completely free to play. You do not have to buy anything to enjoy the game. All of the heroes are free to try out at your leisure. The only thing that is for offer is cosmetics. Which in itself is enticing. I bought the portal pack and regret nothing. Listening to GlaDos announce the match never gets old. If you have a PC I highly recommend you play the game for yourself. I give it a 10/10! Expand
  47. Apr 8, 2014
    There are many key points to the game's success.
    First, the valuable lesson of teamwork! However, there is a small price of self-esteem and a 99 percent chance of being yelled at by your a**hole of a teammate. But hey, that's nothing!
    Also, ease of access is another important point! Just choose which Russia you want to play in! Many critics were happy with this product! For instance,
    There are many key points to the game's success.
    Many critics were happy with this product! For instance, jremy1253 commented,

"Before I played DotA 2, I though the Brazilians were only bad at soccer".

You see? Important life lessons! And to DotA fans, remember, you are entitled to your opinions, but this is mine. Please do not take it personally, otherwise risk facing a slight chance of ulcers, rage, and other side effects that would be harmful to the average human.

Thank you, and have a lovely evening.
  48. May 2, 2014
    I'm an avid fan of DotA.
    Valve did a great job recreating DotA *well... some of it*! *Thumbs up*
    + Competitive
    - Hard Learning curve for newbies
    + Heroes are open to pick unlike the other game *BOOOOOO*
    + Free to Play! It only has cosmetic items, no paid advantage!

"Easy to learn, Hard to master"
  49. May 21, 2014
    Who is to say that this game is not great? I would say that if you enjoy planning out attacks and that you are a cunning strategist, then this game is right for you. The strategy behind this game is what makes this game great, I don't know why so many people dislike this game. I think it is because it is not your typical Call of Duty that does nothing but make you angry, where this gameWho is to say that this game is not great? I would say that if you enjoy planning out attacks and that you are a cunning strategist, then this game is right for you. The strategy behind this game is what makes this game great, I don't know why so many people dislike this game. I think it is because it is not your typical Call of Duty that does nothing but make you angry, where this game actually expands your thought-processing and helps you become a better strategist. I highly recommend playing this great strategy game. Expand
  50. Jul 1, 2014
    The MOBA that every gamer should try for at least a few hours. DoTA is nearly ten years old and is the wisest of all the MOBAs. Each hero is playable and competitive and patches are carefully balanced on buffs and nerfs. Heroes aren't nerfed for being the flavor of the month and are still competitive after getting nerfed a wee bit.
  51. Aug 5, 2014
    Okay, I am very Mixed about this game. The reasons are that whilst it is a very polished and deep MOBA it lacks certain features that attract me to MOBAS as one of my favorite Genres. SO without further adue, let me begin.
    Okay so first up I want to talk about the good in this game. The classes are varied and each feels like it has an important role. The items pack a punch and a fed character FEELS fed. The map design is flawless with multiple levels of height with ramps needed to access them, however characters with a jump ability etc. can jump straight down. It's things like this IMO that make a good MOBA. Also, match making is very fast, which is great. No matter what time of day it is I get a match in a few seconds.
    The next thing, and this is where I am going to get into the negatives, is where I want to talk about the learning vurve (which is what frustrated me the most). When I play a Moba I personally like a locked on camers, if I want to look around etc. I will disable it for a few seconds to do so. However, Dota 2 is lacking any kind nof lock on camera, you can spam a button to simulate it but that is hardly practical. Also, the community are like a pack of hungry wolves waiting for you to slip up. This discourages new users, and if you're looking at this game as a new player wanting to try it, go play LoL, or even better, Smite.
    My last, and most ANNOYING peeve i have about this game. The god damn freaking camera movement. Not only is there no lock on camera, but you can't even use the arrow keys to look around, you have to move your mouse to the edge of the screen. This would often kill me as a ganker would kill me before I could move my mouse to order a move command.
    All in all this is a great MOBA but a very hardcore one, and if you want MOBA and FUN to be in the same sentence, do not play this game. If you are more serious then you will love it, or if you're a bit of both. You will have mixed feelings. It all comes down to your personal preference.
  52. Oct 21, 2014
    I used to play League of Legends. God damn that game was complicated, Dota 2 is another level on top of that though, its _insanely_ complex. The complexity and freedom that the game provides over its clones just demonstrates that any form of simplification of the form just doesn't do it justice. This is the Mona Lisa to their pop art posters.
    On top of that Valve have done a fantastic job
    On top of that Valve have done a fantastic job bringing the old game to the new. Ported it bug for bug, made everything as close to the original as it possibly could, now looking forward it can start to change to do things the old WC3 engine couldn't manage.
    If you haven't tried this game out I recommend it with all the will in my body. It's crazy, it's very deep and even once you've played it for literally thousands of hours you'll still be some way off mastery.
    Definitely the best action (clicky, clicky) game I've ever played where a combination of both deep game knowledge, mechanics and social strength is rewarded.
  53. Nov 24, 2014
    I have played over 450 hours of this game and it never gets boring, its a great free to play game that the things you buy in game have no effect of how good you are at the game, by far, the best free to play game ever.
  54. Dec 11, 2014
    This is quite hard game to rate correctly because there are matches for which you would give 10 and matches that you would give 0.

First some context. I have played thousands of hours in dota 1 and dota 2 on very high skill level. I have reached around 5k MMR in sequel without even trying. I didn't play much in stacks 5vs5, but most of the times solo or with single friend. Dota 1 had excellent, skill based gameplay. It lacked decent matchmaking platform with rankings and blacklists. Player base was low therefore waiting for games was long, especially on high skill level. Engine had it drawbacks, but it didn't affect gameplay much. Also it was impossible to reconnect to the game if you suddenly lost your connection.

Valve fixed lots of issues present in dota 1 and ported wonderful gameplay intact. Now we have new engine which lead to game mechanics clearance, reconnect option, fast game search and better graphics. However most important thing which was decent matchmaking platform was not provided.

Currently at 5k MMR very often you get 3-4 games in a row where you can't do anything because your teammates decided to feed. If you get this type of players you are doomed. You can't kick (you could in dota 1 ex. via vote), you can't forfeit (again like in dota 1). You have to play with them for the rest of the match which is usually 30-40 minutes or else you will be punished and put in LPQ. Basically sit and suffer (what a fun!). In addition you can't blacklist those players therefore if you queue again there is high chance you will play with them again. Last thing is that matchmaking sometimes puts solo queuers against stacks (premade group of players). I don't even have to mention how unfair games like this can be. There is no visible ranking system which for me is a con.

Except matchmaking I have to mention that overall game development in dota 2 was and still is very, very slow. Heroes and updates are released once in few months. There are no new maps. This is probably due to old source engine which will be replaced next year. Anyway there is no excuse. It took Valve many years for something that was made with few modders in warcraft 3. That's a shame. But you have hats, at last if you care about cosmetics.

So to summarize. Wasted potential. Overall it is good old addictive dota 1 gameplay with some upgrades/downgrades around it. Still you would expect more for a sequel to such an aged game and I think overall the cons outweight the pros. In dota 1 you had to wait longer, but received quality matches. In dota 2 match quality is far worse so overall it is worse game. It is a shame and disappointment to see such a good game turned into this.
  55. Dec 17, 2014
    This game is pretty good but i own too much no real challenge in this game... 6000 rating and i only play meepo which is considered the hardest character, but hey this game is totally easy and fun. I guess this is a kids game
  56. Jul 16, 2013
    I've been playing DOTA off and on for at least 7 years. It's become a part of my life like golf or the NBA. I can't thank Valve enough for bringing modernity to the game and making it a viable E-Sport. If I were to laud two improvements, it would be the matchmaking system and the shop in the game.
  57. Jul 16, 2013
    More than 10 years developing a system and balancing one game. Now bringed back by Valve and Icefrog.

This game has got everything to raise to the glory. Easy to learn, Hard to master.
  58. Jul 16, 2013
    Valve did a great job by hiring Icefrog, you can't find such a balanced game without Icefrog and you can't find such a great detailed game without Valve

Balanced Game Competitive game Greatly detailed GOTY 2013 :D
  59. Jul 16, 2013
    Very addicting with a steep learning curve, you'll sink many hours into this game. Of course there will be abrasive players in the community, but guess what, there are function in the game to fix it. Mute and report the player(s), and play on. GL HF
  60. Jul 16, 2013
    I started playing a year before. First 10-15 games will make your head spin puke and go tear the hair out of your head. After 25+ games you will have the slightest sense of what is what and what is happening in the team fights. This game is not something one starts gets hold of the game in 1-2 days and spend all his time thereafter. This Game is complex deep with varying heroesI started playing a year before. First 10-15 games will make your head spin puke and go tear the hair out of your head. After 25+ games you will have the slightest sense of what is what and what is happening in the team fights. This game is not something one starts gets hold of the game in 1-2 days and spend all his time thereafter. This Game is complex deep with varying heroes abilities items item builds and interaction between each of the above said.

My best advice to new players is stick to easy heroes like Lion sniper Earth Shaker Ursa Axe lich viper etc. Try to use in game guides .

I have spent about 1100 hours and almost 1000 games played. Still i learn something new in this game.
    Knowledge is wealth in this game. The more you know about your hero items the better you can do in the game.

If you do want to play other games in future don`t play this game. Once you cross the "critical line" (about 20-30 matches) i doubt you would rarely play any other game.
  61. Jul 16, 2013
    Dota 2 is a great game. I like its UI design, hero design and that beautiful map. Valve didn't disappoint players this time. However, the only reason I do not give a 10 is that this game still have some bugs and Valve has already released it. Those bugs do damage the game experience.
  62. Jul 16, 2013
    Valve knows how to do free to play right. Dota 2 is the result of almost a decade's worth of dedication from various Warcraft 3 map makers and the collaboration with an award-winning game studio that can release the game to the masses.

Even without any advertising, the game has attracted millions of players globally and is played as a sport with millions of dollars in prize money annually.

Dota 2 is a well-polished game and most people are surprised that it's... FREE!

Definitely worth a try.
  63. Jul 16, 2013
    This is an absolutely fantastic game that puts casual moba games, such as League of Legends, to shame. It's by far the best moba game out there, and just keeps getting better as they release new heroes that were in the original warcraft 3 mod.
  64. Jul 17, 2013
    I really love this game, so many improvements have been made over Dota1. Juking around trees is easier and feels more natural, smooth animations allow for much easier last hitting, beautiful visual effects with the exception of a few hero models but the game is still treated like a beta by the devs so they're constantly working on improving things. The match making is a bit flawed at theI really love this game, so many improvements have been made over Dota1. Juking around trees is easier and feels more natural, smooth animations allow for much easier last hitting, beautiful visual effects with the exception of a few hero models but the game is still treated like a beta by the devs so they're constantly working on improving things. The match making is a bit flawed at the moment but it will get fixed. The pay model is great as you have the hole game for FREE without having to buy anything which may give you even 1% advantage over the enemy which is great. Most of the cosmetics are great and those that are implemented and hated on by the community get removed(of course who bought them will keep them though). I can talk about a lot of things but I just wanted to cover a few things Dota2 has improved from Dota1. It's a very fun and challenging game which I recommend you try out(but first please play the tutorial). Expand
  65. Jul 17, 2013
    I love this game. It's both faithful to the original and a lot more user friendly at the same time. It's completely free, no need to buy heroes, or other features that could give you an advantage, and Valve is still actively balancing it with Icefrog. Most of heroes are pretty engaging, and the game itself is pretty complex, having mechanics like denying and dedicated healing abilities,I love this game. It's both faithful to the original and a lot more user friendly at the same time. It's completely free, no need to buy heroes, or other features that could give you an advantage, and Valve is still actively balancing it with Icefrog. Most of heroes are pretty engaging, and the game itself is pretty complex, having mechanics like denying and dedicated healing abilities, something which games like LoL (strangely) don't have.

My only complaints are about hero releases, that is, that Valve is taking their goddamn sweet time doing it, and that the MM system actively tries to balance your win rate at 50% by pairing you with terrible teams if you do too well. Seriously, I'm not making that up. Still a great game, though, and if you're a newbie to mobas then it's probably the best game, since you have a decently sized tutorial system and well-made bot practice matches.
  66. Jul 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well Played!
    Well Played!
    Well Played! Well Played! Well Played! Well Played! Well Played! Well Played!
  67. Jul 18, 2013
    There is a reason my friends and I have been playing since Dota Allstars in WC3, about 8 years.
    Dota 2 is the single most entertaining (albeit addicting) multiplier team game I've played.
    Keep in mind, there is a large learning curve, and the community is quite tough to please, but if you play through the tutorial, and let your team mates know you are learning, most are wiling to help.

Don't get discouraged if you get yelled at for sucking, we all did at one point. Just remember people are investing 20-60min in a game, and losing because a team mate is a total noob can be frustrating. Do your best to learn quick and focus one a few heroes/item builds at a time.
  68. Jul 18, 2013
    A faithful recreation of the game that inspired LoL and HoN. Valve absolutely nailed it, the graphical style and voice work are incredible. No pay2win but cosmetics for those who want them. 10/10
  69. Jul 19, 2013
    Dota 2 was the first of this genre (whatever it's called) that I've played. After a solid year and a go at it's competitors, I wouldn't go anywhere else. It boasts 100+, immediately accessible, unique heroes, solid mechanics and fun and exciting gameplay wrapped up in Valve's beautiful graphics. If you're new or struggling, there's plenty of resources and guides online and in game.

Get

Get a group of committed friends from real life together and you'll spend many nights over skype, playing this game. You can even make friends over Dota 2 and band together after successful matches to play together again.

Recently I've ventured into the world of solo-queing and it's honestly not as bad a people make it out to be. There haven't been any abandonments and the report system is certainly working, there is far less negative behaviour then when I started a year ago. If you practice your hero, learn about them and do your job properly, then there is no reason for anyone to flame you.

I have never been addicted to a game as much as Dota 2.
  70. Jul 20, 2013
    This game takes critical thinking. That's why it's fun. You make decisions and learn from them. Working with friends or strangers over a relatively long period of time to dominate your enemy can be extremely fun. It's also awesome when notice yourself improving.
  71. Jul 20, 2013
    If you enjoyed the original DOTA or League of Legends, then you'll definitely want to grab this game. I started playing later in the beta, around mid 2012, and it's always the game I go back to when I get bored of everything else. The game is free but you're able to purchase items and other things in the DOTA 2 Store if you so desire. I'll buy something every now and then to support theIf you enjoyed the original DOTA or League of Legends, then you'll definitely want to grab this game. I started playing later in the beta, around mid 2012, and it's always the game I go back to when I get bored of everything else. The game is free but you're able to purchase items and other things in the DOTA 2 Store if you so desire. I'll buy something every now and then to support the developers, but make sure you don't wind up spending a bunch of money on a free game; defeats the whole point! They're taking a while to release all of the new heroes, but a good game takes some time to evolve. Definitely get it if you have Steam! Expand
  72. Jul 21, 2013
    Playing this game is not worth it. Who would want to have all characters unlocked from the beginning when you could grind for months to have decent pool while developer still releases same characters with same abilities only with different skins. Also, I have to think while playing and change roles during the game, it is unacceptable. You should follow the same meta and roles from thePlaying this game is not worth it. Who would want to have all characters unlocked from the beginning when you could grind for months to have decent pool while developer still releases same characters with same abilities only with different skins. Also, I have to think while playing and change roles during the game, it is unacceptable. You should follow the same meta and roles from the beginning and should be banned if you pick character that does not have a set role. And letting people from different servers play on their 1 account across the globe? It is terrible game design. Plus, there aren't even 50 hot female characters let alone that they have prostitute-looking skins.
    Terrible, worst game ever. 10/10
  73. Jul 22, 2013
    This game is like COD, hard at first but once you get the hang of it you get pretty decent. I found this game amazing and yet it had its challenging moments but it it an overall amazing game. I we can't forget its free!
  74. Jul 23, 2013
    Dota 2 shows how a moba is supposed to be, an 5v5 Arena where the arena can be changed to your advantages to make deep strategy use. Dota 2 has a hard learning curve and this will follow you until you stop playing. You can never truly master the game because the situation always changes.
    If you want to compare it to other moba's is dota the big mean brother of the others.
    There is no
    There is no better moba, its comes down on your own taste. Want to still have some fun, play LoL.
    Want to try hard and cry a little, play Dota. I also see alot of bad reviews because of the community. last time I checked you don't rate a game on the community. The community can be bad but just ignore it and carry on with it untill you find a proper team. Maybe don't be such a loner and make a team so you don't have to team up with pubs. The graphics are fine as they are. The gameplay is excellent. Voice actors are excellent, the lore falls a bit short now and then but it's being worked on. The way that the community can make money out of a game someone else completely made, some people don't understand this but it's like going to a market, they set up an store for you and you just deliver the items.
  75. Jul 23, 2013
    A good MOBA game for advance player, so you may want to stay away to this game if you're not really good at MOBA games.
    Game have interesting characters, some design of the characters kinda feels odd because they are not the original design because most of it is own by Blizzard so they made some few changes of the looks.
    The only gripe with this game is.... it is for advance players so
    The only gripe with this game is.... it is for advance players so you're going to rip your hair out if you play pvp. I recommend practice with bots and other friendly players, i haven't came across a mean player yet but i'll soon meet.
    Overall it's a good MOBA game and it's my Opinion SUCK IT HATERS!!!
  76. Jul 27, 2013
    so perfect generation and strategy.Quality of characters are incredible.Teamplay is good.War effects amazing.League of Legends fans losers and kids,DotA 2 fans pros.Need all DotA heroes in DotA 2
  77. Jul 28, 2013
    Best game I have ever played since 2005. A lot of combos to perform and item builds to choose from. Very balanced and challenging. The battle part starts on the picking phase where you should choose the hero that can counter the enemy. Have deep learning curve though. I've been playing this game for 8 years and still learning and getting better. One key to win this game is 100% teamBest game I have ever played since 2005. A lot of combos to perform and item builds to choose from. Very balanced and challenging. The battle part starts on the picking phase where you should choose the hero that can counter the enemy. Have deep learning curve though. I've been playing this game for 8 years and still learning and getting better. One key to win this game is 100% team strategy and coordination. Expand
  78. Jul 29, 2013
    I love this game because of the balance gameplay and clean graphics. And also it is F2P and also I am a dota fan thats why I love this game... FTW XD
  79. Jul 29, 2013
    This game has a way lower user score then the game deserves because League of Legends fan boyish Ftards are all over this game. Don't mind the score and give the game a try, you won't regret it.
  80. Jul 29, 2013
    First of all, I would like to point out that every hero in this game is free, you do not need flash or ignite to do well, there are no mastery points, you do not have to buy runes and you can get "skins" for free just by playing. WIth that said, this game is amazing. Every hero is unique and icefrog really cares about hero balance. You do not see the same 10-20 heroes in every game or evenFirst of all, I would like to point out that every hero in this game is free, you do not need flash or ignite to do well, there are no mastery points, you do not have to buy runes and you can get "skins" for free just by playing. WIth that said, this game is amazing. Every hero is unique and icefrog really cares about hero balance. You do not see the same 10-20 heroes in every game or even in every tournament. People do not complain if you run rogue or you stray from 1 top laner, 1 mid laner, 1 support and 1 ADC bottom and a jungler. You can run 3 top, 1 mid 1 bot; 0 top, 1 mid, 4 bot; 1 top 3 mid 1 bot, etc etc. Also leavers do not ruin the game because the game will become safe to leave. The report and mute system is also better than League of Legends. You know what else this game has? A better client, less bugs, better voice acting, replays, and SingSing. 10/10. Expand
  81. Jul 31, 2013
    This game is most definitely the best looking MOBA out there today. The graphics are great, the gameplay is flawless, its everything that was great about the original DOTA without all of the issues. Not to mention it is fully free, you can play all the heroes without paying a dime and everything that is sold is purely cosmetic. The community is what you make of it, if you play with randomThis game is most definitely the best looking MOBA out there today. The graphics are great, the gameplay is flawless, its everything that was great about the original DOTA without all of the issues. Not to mention it is fully free, you can play all the heroes without paying a dime and everything that is sold is purely cosmetic. The community is what you make of it, if you play with random people and don't make an effort to play with people you know and just do constant solo matchmaking, you aren't going to enjoy yourself on ANY MOBA that is out today. There is a steep learning curve and people do expect after about 100 games for you to understand the basics, so if you are a casual gamer who doesn't want to have to do a little bit of reading then I would suggest move on. On the other hand if advanced strategy mixed with fast paced team PvP sound like your niche then you should definitely check it out. Expand
  82. Aug 1, 2013
    First game ever I enjoy watching. 20 years ago I would have tried to rock a bit, but I don't have the time to get into this mass of playable chars. Since I don't play vs. humans I can only judge the community watching the games and its players: you have your aholes everywhere but IMO it's not that bad as others write. A lot of ppl are friendly and answer to questions, but of course there'sFirst game ever I enjoy watching. 20 years ago I would have tried to rock a bit, but I don't have the time to get into this mass of playable chars. Since I don't play vs. humans I can only judge the community watching the games and its players: you have your aholes everywhere but IMO it's not that bad as others write. A lot of ppl are friendly and answer to questions, but of course there's always a black sheep... or two.
    Since it's F2P there is absolutly no reason for not giving it a try.
  83. Aug 2, 2013
    I wanted to give this game a 9 out of 10 due to the good graphics compared to other MOBA games, huge character selection you can get immediately, and good tutorial as well as the interactions with the character that we chose. However I found that this game has a huge flaw which is deny creep system. Why? Because the one that can deny creep better will definitely win the game especially theI wanted to give this game a 9 out of 10 due to the good graphics compared to other MOBA games, huge character selection you can get immediately, and good tutorial as well as the interactions with the character that we chose. However I found that this game has a huge flaw which is deny creep system. Why? Because the one that can deny creep better will definitely win the game especially the solo lanes. The solo lanes gets more experience and then able to outlevel all other players and just making plays all over. So basically this game is "who can deny creeps more" in the early stage of the game. Indeed this is the redeeming feature of the game itself but I feel this feature is not necessary. However it is undoubtedly a great game and recommendable for anyone who likes hardcore mind-games. Expand
  84. Aug 2, 2013
    Seguramente estamos en frente del mejor juego del mundo! probe HON, Dota1 LOL y sin duda el dota 2 es otro nivel supera todo, podes negociar items torneos mundiales con la mejor organizacion nunca antes vista calidad de gamers muy buena, Exelente Juego!
  85. Aug 4, 2013
    One of the best, most difficult and truly competitive games I've ever played.Its completely free and no bonuses for real money purchases ,very balanced Absolutely amazing heart stopping game with all its animations sound effects and creativity. Stunning gameplay and lovely teamplay. The only thing that you have to spend in order to play this game is time.
  86. Aug 5, 2013
    I play it with 2007, was very glad when the Valve pay attention to it and improved it!
    play it around 1500 hours and will play even more! 10 of 10!
    ps who is not able to play DotA and let him go play lol, he is for the weak, DotA for the strong!
  87. Aug 7, 2013
    Best game ever. I don't know why people still choose Dota 1 over Dota 2, not that I'm hating on Dota 1, I loved that game. Dota 2 improved on every aspect of it. Dota 2 is the best MOBA.

On a side note. International 3 guys! $2.7 million dollars distributed to the tournament. Such a large price pool. DOTA 2 FTW
  88. Aug 9, 2013
    Following Valve's success with TF2; Dota 2, the successor to the popular Warcraft III custom map Defense of The Ancients is truly free to play in all game content. The only things purchasable in game are cosmetics and tournament passes. Dota 2 is essentially the exact same game as DoTA except that it has been ported to Valve's source engine. The menus and user interface are extremelyFollowing Valve's success with TF2; Dota 2, the successor to the popular Warcraft III custom map Defense of The Ancients is truly free to play in all game content. The only things purchasable in game are cosmetics and tournament passes. Dota 2 is essentially the exact same game as DoTA except that it has been ported to Valve's source engine. The menus and user interface are extremely streamlined and includes tournament integration if there is one in progress.

The game has a harsh learning curve that not everyone will be able to appreciate. But, it is highly rewarding once you learn the game. The community is not nearly as toxic as other reviewers are trying to make it out to be. Most of these reviewers are probably overly sensitive people to begin with. The community that I've been exposed to may be slightly elitist, but that's to be expected from a game with this competitive nature and learning curve. However, although elitist most of the players are willing to give advice and help out if they are asked to. Don't let one toxic player ruin your experience of this amazing game.

The game is smooth, tightly integrated, stays true to its predecessor, and has possibly the best matchmaking system of any MOBA to date. If you're a fan of the genre and want a challenge then this is the game to be playing. If not, then look elsewhere.
  89. Aug 12, 2013
    I've played this game more than any other on my PC. It is still my favourite game... DotA2 has a huge learning curve, which some users find very off-putting, but if you stick with it you will realise the beauty hidden inside this game. DotA2's capabilities are massive, with a huge selection of heroes, items, map features and the options to practice against bots and team up with yourI've played this game more than any other on my PC. It is still my favourite game... DotA2 has a huge learning curve, which some users find very off-putting, but if you stick with it you will realise the beauty hidden inside this game. DotA2's capabilities are massive, with a huge selection of heroes, items, map features and the options to practice against bots and team up with your friends and battle other teams, as well as the basic public matchmaking feature. DotA 2 also provides a few training levels to enrich your knowledge and aid your learning curve this game really can't get any better! Expand
  90. Aug 12, 2013
    Ok where do i start witch this game, Poor graphics Buggy The match making is awful the wait time to get into games is shocking the learning curve is mental and the tutorials you get don't really help. Boring to play Items and collectibles are confusing and offer no help. community that play the game are 80% idiots and when you do "report" them for being idiots quitting mid match ectOk where do i start witch this game, Poor graphics Buggy The match making is awful the wait time to get into games is shocking the learning curve is mental and the tutorials you get don't really help. Boring to play Items and collectibles are confusing and offer no help. community that play the game are 80% idiots and when you do "report" them for being idiots quitting mid match ect nothing seems to happen and to add to it all the game is so repetitive you will find yourself doing the exact same thing during each of the hour long matches. I gave this game 1 because its free and free games are good......well....was good... Expand
  91. Aug 13, 2013
    Amazing. Amazing and Amazing. First it was a mod for War3 called 3-Corridors, DotA finally was started, then they added a jungle and many years later, Valve buys it. They have done an Amazing job with this game and as some of the other critics say, just give it some time and you are in for a real treat. A+ Add me on Steam if you want to learn 'cultavix'.
  92. Aug 17, 2013
    Never In my entire life have I witnessed a worse community revolving around a video-game than the one that is to be found in Dota 2. Second biggest problem of this game is the match-making: broken, poorly thought through and executed horribly. But even with all these problems, I could actually see myself overlooking them at a certain time during a few years due to the sheer amount ofNever In my entire life have I witnessed a worse community revolving around a video-game than the one that is to be found in Dota 2. Second biggest problem of this game is the match-making: broken, poorly thought through and executed horribly. But even with all these problems, I could actually see myself overlooking them at a certain time during a few years due to the sheer amount of possible combinations in this game with heroes & items and the addictive quality the game has if it wasn't for all the other flaws. Expand
  93. Aug 18, 2013
    This game is AWESOME. The only two downs it's the inability of playing on a local lan and the discrepancy of pub players. Summarizing BEST PLAYED WITH FRIENDS
  94. Aug 19, 2013
    This is what we were waiting for so long, it's DotA nothing more nothing less. There are basically 2 things bad about this game. One being the matchmaking/ladder system it is just bad, but we all are looking forward for it's improvement. And the other one is very steep learning curve and non existing tutorials those implemented by Valve are just a joke. Those two concerns are the reasonThis is what we were waiting for so long, it's DotA nothing more nothing less. There are basically 2 things bad about this game. One being the matchmaking/ladder system it is just bad, but we all are looking forward for it's improvement. And the other one is very steep learning curve and non existing tutorials those implemented by Valve are just a joke. Those two concerns are the reason why DotA has so low rating. That and all the lol fanboys for whom is Dota just too difficult, yea it is not a simple game. Everything else is just awesome. Expand
  95. Aug 23, 2013
    In the beginning I was arguing why a game where you start from 0 every match could be that addictive. As soon as I started playing I got shocked about the immersion this game provides. Although, I would strongly prefer more heroes...
  96. Aug 25, 2013
    THIS GAME IS AWESOME!! I'm PLAYING DOTA 1 BUT DOTA 2 IS MUCH AWESOMER!! AND VERY ADDICTING!! AND GREAT VOICE ACTORS ANIMATIONS BUT THERES A FEW BUGS BUT ITS GONNA FIXED BY PATCH SO THATS ISN'T GONNA AFFECT THE SCORE!
  97. Sep 1, 2013
    I find it unfair to the game that most of the negative scores lack objectivity and come from people who are actually complaining about aggressive players.

Dota is seriously one of the best games ever if you enjoy a competitive atmosphere.
  98. Sep 1, 2013
    Unforgettable game! The main point is that Dota 2 is balanced and free. It isn't Pay to Win, you can't play for new heroes, or skills for them only HUD-'s and skins are for money, and you can also loot them in game. game has a lot of unique heroes, which are well-balanced and now overpowered. Community is not bad, but there are a lot of trolls ad "LoL players", especially at start. Dota 2Unforgettable game! The main point is that Dota 2 is balanced and free. It isn't Pay to Win, you can't play for new heroes, or skills for them only HUD-'s and skins are for money, and you can also loot them in game. game has a lot of unique heroes, which are well-balanced and now overpowered. Community is not bad, but there are a lot of trolls ad "LoL players", especially at start. Dota 2 is also very hard game, so you have to play well, or you'll often lose games. Expand
  99. Sep 8, 2013
    Mas de 30 min de acción online por partida, mucho mejor que el League of legends superando en todo sentido graficos, jugabilidad y mucho mas, sin lugar a duda unos de los mejores juegos online del 2013.
  100. Sep 13, 2013
    Why do we play games?
    If you have a clear desire for fun, personal improvement of player skills as well as mind training, and you are wanting to be tested and rewarded when performing excellent; install now.

1. Feb 19, 2014
    Simply irresistible and addictive as hell.
  2. Sep 1, 2013
  3. Aug 30, 2013
    A great PvP game that offers some of the most intriguing and nuanced team combat around.