6.4

1. Aug 18, 2013
    This game is AWESOME. The only two downs it's the inability of playing on a local lan and the discrepancy of pub players. Summarizing BEST PLAYED WITH FRIENDS
  2. Aug 19, 2013
    This is what we were waiting for so long, it's DotA nothing more nothing less. There are basically 2 things bad about this game. One being the matchmaking/ladder system it is just bad, but we all are looking forward for it's improvement. And the other one is very steep learning curve and non existing tutorials those implemented by Valve are just a joke. Those two concerns are the reasonThis is what we were waiting for so long, it's DotA nothing more nothing less. There are basically 2 things bad about this game. One being the matchmaking/ladder system it is just bad, but we all are looking forward for it's improvement. And the other one is very steep learning curve and non existing tutorials those implemented by Valve are just a joke. Those two concerns are the reason why DotA has so low rating. That and all the lol fanboys for whom is Dota just too difficult, yea it is not a simple game. Everything else is just awesome. Expand
  3. Aug 23, 2013
    In the beginning I was arguing why a game where you start from 0 every match could be that addictive. As soon as I started playing I got shocked about the immersion this game provides. Although, I would strongly prefer more heroes...
  4. Aug 25, 2013
    THIS GAME IS AWESOME!! I'm PLAYING DOTA 1 BUT DOTA 2 IS MUCH AWESOMER!! AND VERY ADDICTING!! AND GREAT VOICE ACTORS ANIMATIONS BUT THERES A FEW BUGS BUT ITS GONNA FIXED BY PATCH SO THATS ISN'T GONNA AFFECT THE SCORE!
  5. Sep 1, 2013
    I find it unfair to the game that most of the negative scores lack objectivity and come from people who are actually complaining about aggressive players.

Dota is seriously one of the best games ever if you enjoy a competitive atmosphere.
  6. Sep 1, 2013
    Unforgettable game! The main point is that Dota 2 is balanced and free. It isn't Pay to Win, you can't play for new heroes, or skills for them only HUD-'s and skins are for money, and you can also loot them in game. game has a lot of unique heroes, which are well-balanced and now overpowered. Community is not bad, but there are a lot of trolls ad "LoL players", especially at start. Dota 2Unforgettable game! The main point is that Dota 2 is balanced and free. It isn't Pay to Win, you can't play for new heroes, or skills for them only HUD-'s and skins are for money, and you can also loot them in game. game has a lot of unique heroes, which are well-balanced and now overpowered. Community is not bad, but there are a lot of trolls ad "LoL players", especially at start. Dota 2 is also very hard game, so you have to play well, or you'll often lose games. Expand
  7. Sep 8, 2013
    Mas de 30 min de acción online por partida, mucho mejor que el League of legends superando en todo sentido graficos, jugabilidad y mucho mas, sin lugar a duda unos de los mejores juegos online del 2013.
  8. Sep 13, 2013
    Why do we play games?
    If you have a clear desire for fun, personal improvement of player skills as well as mind training, and you are wanting to be tested and rewarded when performing excellent; install now.
  9. Sep 20, 2013
    It's harder than other MOBA games, but that means there's a lot more for you to learn and enjoy as a gamer when you really get into it. There are tutorials to help you out and a ton of professional matches and video guides to help you learn. Hero pool is very diverse and there aren't any that I can really think of that similar to each other (waste of space) in terms of abilities.It's harder than other MOBA games, but that means there's a lot more for you to learn and enjoy as a gamer when you really get into it. There are tutorials to help you out and a ton of professional matches and video guides to help you learn. Hero pool is very diverse and there aren't any that I can really think of that similar to each other (waste of space) in terms of abilities.

Everything is practically free. Unlike in other similar games, you won't have to grind points to unlock heroes or fill up game-affecting quirks and the level of your account has no bearing on your ability to play. Everything is available from the moment you sign up and you just spend for cosmetic items that drop in the game anyway. I mean, what's there to complain about?
  10. Sep 21, 2013
    Dota 2 is a game of highs and lows and it is not for the faint of heart. If you lack a thick skin Dota will beat you and leave you bleeding in the gutter. Why would you play Dota if it's so unforgiving? After playing lol for 4 years and having to watch lol go from good to awful thanks to Riot not inability to balance heroes and releasing new gamemodes that ultimately no one cares about andDota 2 is a game of highs and lows and it is not for the faint of heart. If you lack a thick skin Dota will beat you and leave you bleeding in the gutter. Why would you play Dota if it's so unforgiving? After playing lol for 4 years and having to watch lol go from good to awful thanks to Riot not inability to balance heroes and releasing new gamemodes that ultimately no one cares about and not Riot themselves I got fed up. I used to hate Dota as a mod for WC3, Dota 2 is different. The community issues in Dota remain but are not worse than LoL besides the point that Dota has more leavers, this aside Dota is deeper, more challenging, more strategic, more balanced and customizable than LoL or HoN. You have access to everything and only your skill is a factor for you sucess or failure. Low and high grounds, field of vision night time daytime differs and between heroes even, jungle is more jukable and the lack of summoner spells from LoL makes sure you have no extra safety net. Warding and items are more complex mechanics, math is a bigger factor and teamplay is more encuraged. The fact that valve is not even done with modes and ranked play means that the game will get even better. The trading of items is a game in it self outside the game. Guides for new players written by others can be accessed during matches to help with skill builds and item choices.... So if you can ignore flamers and focus on getting better and improving your play Dota has no equal. Add me ingame if you need help. There are alot of players willing to help not just the ragers. Alias Oktalz. Welcome to DOTA2 next level of mobas Expand
  11. Sep 26, 2013
    A great game till you play online.... PUGs are just impossible to win more than 1 in 10 fights, so unless your in a pre-set group your not going to win, which is a shame, because I can see how it would be a lot of fun in a well matched fight.
  12. Sep 27, 2013
    Kind of hard to get started in due to the existence of various game mechanics ranging from unfamiliar to difficult. The game design is decent but the UI isn't really user-friendly.
  13. Sep 28, 2013
    DotA 2 is honestly one of the best games I have ever played. You start the game with all the heroes unlocked, so while the learning curve may be somewhat difficult for new players, you are ready to dive right in and try whatever hero you think is cool. Even if you do not normally enjoy competitive games this game is worth a shot, and you may find your opinion change.
  14. Sep 29, 2013
    This game provide a epic experience as a PVP game, If you could overcome early slight learning curve as any other PVP games do. It just needs slight effort and keeping steady.
  15. Oct 7, 2013
    Considero que es un excelente juego, más allá de su origen: Dota mod de W3. Dota 2 ofrece excelentes gráficas y una interfaz bastante amigable y muy personalizable. Además Dota 1 necesita tener la máxima puntuación por todo lo que es y generó posteriormente, y creo que Dota 2 es quien hereda esta innovación.
  16. Oct 11, 2013
    This Game is EPIC, when you play a long time, you can view the diference to League of Legends; more fun, more playability, is really better that LoL, the best MOBA ever.
  17. Oct 14, 2013
    Dota 2 as a game is very well made, however the community is where its hit the hardest. Most of the players are rude, unwelcoming to the newbies and often report them for feeding (intentionally dying to help the enemy) which has numerous consequences. If the community was to be improved, I would gladly give this game a higher score, however as most of the players are insincere I have toDota 2 as a game is very well made, however the community is where its hit the hardest. Most of the players are rude, unwelcoming to the newbies and often report them for feeding (intentionally dying to help the enemy) which has numerous consequences. If the community was to be improved, I would gladly give this game a higher score, however as most of the players are insincere I have to give this game a 5, not bad, but not great either. Expand
  18. Oct 22, 2013
    I respect those people who do not like DotA 2, BUT if you rate this game down because you do not like this game, then you are retarded. You only rate a game if you really played the game before, NOT because you don't like it.

Steep learning curve? Yes. 'Pros' who will call you noob on your first game? Yes. Can't take all of these? Go away. We need real gamers who are determined to master this game, so we can spar with more quality players. There is no game community in the world that will say 'oh nevermind.. I don't care if you make mistake.' Suck it up AND THEN you will learn. Respect is EARNED. Even veterans will make mistakes when trying out new heroes, and they will be flamed too, so why spare the newbies?

DotA 2's growth is amazing. Just take a look at the tournaments. We have the biggest prize pool in e-sports history, and it will increase every year for sure. That says a lot about this game. People pay for it. People earn a living from it, not only from playing, but by casting it too. We have awesome casters like TobiWan, LD, Merlini and much more. They will make tournament games much enjoyable to watch as they already are.

As for the gameplay, I'm sure many other reviews had mentioned about it, so I would not waste your time here. Hop on the train, if you have what it takes. WE WANT YOU.
  19. Oct 23, 2013
    This is currently the best moba game on the market.The game play is the same as the original dota-and all games that copied it,Not to name any names.The balance is amazing thanks to Icefrog and it is constantly being updated with patches.Not that it is important but the graphics in this game are much better than all other moba's combined.
  20. Oct 23, 2013
    Dota 2 is probably the best PVP RTS game that i have EVER played. It's original, you can't get bored, you can play with friends or without them, you have a pool of heroes each with a different game strategy and you can equip them with sets that you can buy or receive by a random drop, it's not easy so you have to be good to really be good, you cant just be good at one character for eachDota 2 is probably the best PVP RTS game that i have EVER played. It's original, you can't get bored, you can play with friends or without them, you have a pool of heroes each with a different game strategy and you can equip them with sets that you can buy or receive by a random drop, it's not easy so you have to be good to really be good, you cant just be good at one character for each game is a different game. Its complex and fun to play, which is all i like in a on-line multiplayer game. For that, I score 10. Expand
  21. Oct 25, 2013
    Everything the original DotA was and more! Valve has done a great job and with each update the game gets better and better! While this game does a tougher entry level for new players, it is worth giving a shot!
  22. Aug 29, 2014
    After almost 1 year or more since it got out of the beta, the game has released about 3 major content updates.

The innovation is lackluster if you want a moba that gets constant updates and improvement to their graphics/gameplay/performance / new content, this game is not for you, is the same game it was 2 years ago, literally nothing new maybe 3-4 heroes. If you like constant

If you like constant updates youll better go search another mob.
  23. Nov 9, 2013
    A great game that mixes strategy individual skill timing and practice, the only complaint that I can make is it is a huge time sink. if you decide to play this game make sure you have nothing better to be doing for the next year or so.......................
  24. Nov 1, 2013
    Garbage MM system
    Garbage report system
    Lot of bugs
    This is a game made by a company who doesnt even care about their community.
    No events, lots of items.
  25. Nov 1, 2013
    Getf your ass valve and create content for your most popular game not another dollar will be spent untill I see some content Diretide was an annual even u even said so and gone and it up. Your one of the biggest gaming developers hire some people and get to work.
  26. Nov 1, 2013
    this is a great game, but yeah i think valve should communicate more.

don't listen to these spammers, their comments are awful nad they are just mad over nothing
  27. Nov 1, 2013
    Great game, I don't feel Valve is ignoring their community. It feels more like brats who have been given everything but still rage because now they want a pony too.
  28. Nov 10, 2013
    Excellent game, with much more sophisticated mechanics than LoL. It is very unforgiving and requires lots of effort to master it sufficiently enough to know what needs to be done (doing it is even harder). Dota 2 is so good, that I will focus on negatives Unfortunately there are some and three of them I consider major issue. First match making I think it has improved, but it is… Expand
  29. Nov 1, 2013
    Valve is unable to communicate with the community at all.
    Not a single word is said about what is going on, no updates just money whores.
    How can a company seriously be so retarded if it would be so easy to just tell us what is going on.
  30. Nov 1, 2013
    I reallly enjoyed this game But after the game was officially release. Valve has shown they made enough money off people like me buying keys in the beta. Now they have completely forsaken us F*CK YOU VALVE F%CK YOU DOTA DEVS.

YOU CAN'T JUST IGNORE THE PEOPLE WHO GIVE YOU MONEY!
  31. Nov 1, 2013
    Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE
  32. Nov 1, 2013
    Im disappointed, Valve has failed us. Give Diretide or something better tenfold later. And im one of the people who has supported the game for years and put in plenty of my money in it, and i also own other Valve games.
  33. Nov 1, 2013
    Okay,DotA is not a bad game overall. Its the game I became a fan of. The word fan includes fanatism and giving my beloved doto a 0 is sign of this fanatism. I don't do this because I'm childish,nor I do this to prevent anybody to play the game. Its great and yeah,MOSTLY valve did a great job in the past. But they screwed it over this time. Reading all of these give Diretide posts? ItOkay,DotA is not a bad game overall. Its the game I became a fan of. The word fan includes fanatism and giving my beloved doto a 0 is sign of this fanatism. I don't do this because I'm childish,nor I do this to prevent anybody to play the game. Its great and yeah,MOSTLY valve did a great job in the past. But they screwed it over this time. Reading all of these give Diretide posts? It might be a bit irritating for "outsiders" but in fact a very viable,alive game with one of the strongest gaming communities ever was bought by valve. In the begining they communicated and had visible progress,I think I can say everyone in the community was glad they did their job that well. But after releasing the game,making it the biggest game on steam and such... there was nothing. There still is nothing. Silence,no updates. Heroes were added in like weekly back in the beta days,there are still A LOT of heroes missing from old DotA 1 and well... no overall progress for months. But it was okay,the people believed in something cool for Diretide (the Halloween event held last year),it was like everyone was saying: "It's okay you don't have the heroes just give us something new to play". NOTHING. Not even a "sorry we cant do it this year" nor bug fixes (this is another pretty big problem,there are about 1000 KNOWN BUGS not being fixed... well,since beta. So everyone was waiting for this update,because hey we didn't get anything else in the near past. Instead of releasing the halloween update they release cosmetic items (slang: hats) to buy. You know there are people refreshing a community driven page every 30seconds to know if there is a really needed update to a game that just went out of beta. There is none. Even sader there is no communication,there is no feel of improvement. There is just more stuff to spend your hard earned money on. And this is why all the people are mad and why this is absolutely legitimate. BECAUSE IT IS OUR (THE CUSTOMERS (its f2p,but the majority of this community spent money in good will)) way to show our disagreement IN HOPE TO CHANGE VALVES BEHAVIOUR IN THE FUTURE. Again this is not about DotA in general,this is about the games treatment by valve. they are literally killing their own child. I hope this is strong enough to beware em Expand
  34. Nov 1, 2013
    bad
    just terrible
    dont play this garbage
    bad
    just terrible
    dont play this garbage
    bad
    just terrible
  35. Nov 1, 2013
    Worst pr ever in video game industry. The game may be f2p,but playing the game feels like becoming a slave of Valve. Here's why:

1. Players customers do not deserve to have any information. No twit, no forum post, no facebook post, no blog... nothing. Wait and if Valve wanna give you something; otherwise off. 2. Update priorities always based on hats. Heroes release date determined

2. Update priorities always based on hats. Heroes release date determined by hats. If hats not ready, won't release new hero. Furthermore, for the past 3 months, except for 1 balancing patch, all updates were about hats.

3. Bug is good for Valve so why fix it?

4. No ladder, bad mmr system, no players rating, wins rate hidden...

Gratz Valve you manage to surpass EA as the worst company in US.
  36. Nov 2, 2013
    Thanks for Diretide 2013
    Year Event expectations and they did not even bother to write anything, delete that game
  37. Nov 8, 2013
    Yes finally DireTIde great game the graphics is very nice and fits the game very good. I love this game its also got a good community but some people are jack asses and will still be jack asses
  38. Nov 1, 2013
    give diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegivegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretide Expand
  39. Mar 11, 2014
    This game destroyed my friends and killed my entire family. **** this game yeah **** it lol asdgaigrjseriugdfignsdjifgnsdjifsdfgsdfgjsdofijgsiodfj sdfgoijsdfosjidfiogjioj sdfoigjdfg gifjty
  40. Nov 2, 2013
    My favourite game of all time. Improving all time with new [weekly] updates, great gameplay, great design. Only thing this game lack good community, but it is not really a game fault.
  41. Nov 2, 2013
    matchmaking that doesnt work.
    Report system that is working completely one-sided.
    No visible ranking. No diretide. SUCK DICK VOLOV PS: GIVE DIRE TIDE GIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE
    matchmaking that doesnt work.
    Report system that is working completely one-sided.
    No visible ranking.
    No diretide.

SUCK DICK VOLOV

PS: GIVE DIRE TIDE
    GIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDE
  42. Nov 9, 2013
    hanks for diretidethanks for diretidethanks for diretidethanks for diretidethanks for diretidethanks for diretidethanks for diretidethanks for diretidethanks for diretidethanks for diretidethanks for diretidethanks for diretidethanks for diretidethanks for diretidethanks for diretidethanks for diretidethanks for diretidethanks for diretidethanks for diretidethanks for diretidethank
  43. Nov 2, 2013
    NO Diretide
    NO New Hero
    NO Normal matchmaking system
    New updates is new sets and tickets.
    MORE TICKETS AND HATS
    MORE! MORE TICKETS AND HATS! MORE!
  44. Nov 2, 2013
    No region locks.
    Time-consuming pointless game, with a toxic community.
    It's not fun, it won't lead you anywhere, it'll try to make you addicted to it and ever-miserable for being so.
    Nothing to see here except vanity.
  45. Nov 2, 2013
    Valve spoiled Halloween, I was really waiting for Diretide, but there was no feedback from valve. They hurt my feelings because even without adding the event they must have communicated with us.
  46. Nov 8, 2013
    ATTENSION!!!
    ༼ Gave DIRETIDE༼ Gave DIRETIDE༼ Gave DIRETIDE༼ Gave DIRETIDE༼ Gave DIRETIDE༼ Gave DIRETIDE༼ Gave DIRETIDE༼ Gave DIRETIDE༼ Gave DIRETIDE༼ Gave DIRETIDE༼ Gave DIRETIDE༼ Gave DIRETIDE༼ Gave DIRETIDE༼ Gave DIRETIDE༼ Gave DIRETIDE༼ Gave DIRETIDE༼ Gave DIRETIDE༼ Gave DIRETIDE༼ Gave DIRETIDE
  47. Nov 8, 2013
    Communication restored and admitted mistakes. Admitted mistakes, when was the last time you saw a big company with a big cash cow admit their mistakes without a lawsuit? Never. Valve can be trusted and while MM always gives you hard close games, i guess it is fair for both sides.
  48. Nov 2, 2013
    super good game, fast paced, high skill cap, graphics are good, animations are good, so many hero to choose from (102 and more to be port from DotA), some of the heroes are funny with good voice acting and funny lines and have unique and interesting character, all heroes are free, with accessories drops every game end, etc...
  49. Nov 2, 2013
    Well, I must be honest. I think it's very childish to abuse metacritic just because you guys are angry for the event. But, I admit that this is a community reaction and the community had a big part to make DOTA2 such an awesome game.
    I believe that VALVE should handle this more carefully. You just can't ignore the community asking millions of questions about Diretide. If VALVE could explain what their plan about Diretide2013 is, the reaction wouldn't be that harsh. So I hope VALVE learns from this, and pays more attention (even to the childish part of it, yeah) to the community.
  50. Nov 2, 2013
    More than 3 thousand hours in, still not enough. Valve took old game that was deemed unworthy by Blizzard and made it better in every single aspect. If you haven't, play it!
  51. Nov 2, 2013
    No DIRETIDE.

Even every s**tty game has its own Halloween event. Game companies try to satisfy game fans, adding new or remodelled things into a game, and players are happy bcs of fun. I bet they will add tons of new hats soon. I have never cared, but now... Gtfo with hats. AND. I have played dota 2 for more than 1050 hours it´s an awesome game. But actually, no diretide no love
    No DIRETIDE.

AND. I have played dota 2 for more than 1050 hours it´s an awesome game. But actually, no diretide no love for you volvo and your car called doto.
  52. Nov 2, 2013
    thanks for halloween No Diretide very bad
    Disband Volvo please.
    Being a big fan of DotA 1 for so many years, I have to downvote this.ewrwfdfsafasfdsa
  53. Nov 2, 2013
    I am getting on for 1000 hours in DOTA 2. My perfect game. Strategic and tactical teamwork.

Solo queuing is a nightmare. Join a guild with a Mumble server and you'll have a lot of fun.
  54. Nov 2, 2013
    Is a good game on every level BUT is stupidly build around and infinite number of entry barriers for new players. Learn to play is sickening but if you do you will enjoy for sure. Also, there's that, you don't enjoy Dota 2 until you really mastered it wich is a bad thing, Imo.
  55. Nov 2, 2013
    This game, is just perfect.

lots of people are disappointed because of the Diretide, but they are working on the new heroes, they are almost done and i bet they will come in by Christmas, so there's no need to rage, you can play Diretide at unofficial servers, it's just as fun!
  56. Nov 2, 2013
    great graphics
    - great music
    - great multiplayer experience
    - great viewing experience
    - great depth of game play
    - great competitive match making
    - great game over all
  57. Nov 2, 2013
    un juego de mierda, no existe el balance, al parecer a valve no le importa la experiencia que tienen sus jugadores, nisiquiera hubieron eventos de halloween.
  58. Nov 2, 2013
    Only the graphics are good, the SLOW animations, and heroes that seem to be desing with no balance in mind ruin the game.
    You will often find people complaining about heroes, they may be balanced in the numbers but there are many skills that are mechanically OP, like traveling the whole map to hit someone and then lock them in stuns with a RGN stun ability.
    Huge lack of balance while in
    Huge lack of balance while in other mobas you can only find maybe 1 or 2 OP characters that are then rebalanced.
  59. Nov 2, 2013
    It's free, it's competitive and it brings back the real Dota Experience. I dont play it much, but i do prefer it over LoL fort it's more realistic art style.

Also there is a much better community behind Dota that will ween you in and teach you how to play.
  60. Nov 9, 2013
    good game :D
    best graphics better than lol!
    its out of beta but still need a bit of fixing of bugs and heros and spells
    need more heros and custom maps and modes like three or four teams in same map
    or tag team matches
  61. Nov 2, 2013
    Where is my Diretide, Volvo? Where new heroes? Why so many useless sets and items?
    I waited a long time Halloween in Dota 2 and what I got in the end? Few sets and tickets!!!
    Good job Volvo, good job!
  62. Nov 2, 2013
    Valve advertised Diretide as an annual event but it was not implemented this Halloween. Now it seems like the only thing updated in Dota 2 is the workshop. Who needs a new jug mask or omni hammer, not me. I know running Dota 2 takes a lot of time and effort but Valve needs to get their priorities straight and not drop the ball.
  63. Nov 3, 2013
    The community in this game is horrible, and as an multiplayer game, that ruins pretty much the whole game. Everyone is at odds with each other, on their own team, and making the smallest mistakes causes everyone else on the team to come down on you like a stack of bricks. But not just that. Its matchmaking system is flawed and obtuse. There is no transparency in the rankings at all. TheThe community in this game is horrible, and as an multiplayer game, that ruins pretty much the whole game. Everyone is at odds with each other, on their own team, and making the smallest mistakes causes everyone else on the team to come down on you like a stack of bricks. But not just that. Its matchmaking system is flawed and obtuse. There is no transparency in the rankings at all. The connection is horrible. If you disconnect, chances are that you won't be able to join the game again. If you do, you'll be so far behind that it isn't fun anymore. All the updates for this game fix none of the problems, instead, what does the developer do?

The developer just releases cosmetics patches to milk more money from this game. It's not getting better. Don't play this game, don't try it, and don't touch anything by Valve ever again. If you want to play a MOBA, there are plenty of better choices out there.
  64. Nov 3, 2013
    First off you'll be finding a match for 10-20 min then when you find it it's 70 russian players feeding & quitting. Played the game for 50 hours but it's not as good as League of legends Game looks ugly Mechanics are old and wtf is up with turning it takes like ages to turn Also hero balance is up the ass
  65. Nov 3, 2013
    The game developers have left the game. If you think im complaining about diretide, im not. Im still disappointed though Their devs never read our threads on the forums, they just opened it so that their website looks professional. All they do to the game is update new store items, as if they havent got enough from the TI3. 3 freaking million to them. We asked for 2 heros, i bet monthsThe game developers have left the game. If you think im complaining about diretide, im not. Im still disappointed though Their devs never read our threads on the forums, they just opened it so that their website looks professional. All they do to the game is update new store items, as if they havent got enough from the TI3. 3 freaking million to them. We asked for 2 heros, i bet months ago, they aint do Havent done anything to the game since TI3, all they made was a ****ty team controller which doesnt even looks good, their pads looks like it could break apart anyday. One poitn i wanna mention is that their community sucks, aint reply All they want is money. THEY JUST WANT THE MONEY. so dont even bother playing this game. Expand
  66. Nov 3, 2013
    Of course this is the best MOBA at the moment, but still not perfect with balance, users->development communications and in-community atmosphere. There is a strong commercial orientation, that covers with "hatz" but still this is a main object of Valve(ita obviously, i know). Why this isn't 10 out of 10? 1) TOO MANY insulting "pro" kids in every game, and there is no way to avoid them orOf course this is the best MOBA at the moment, but still not perfect with balance, users->development communications and in-community atmosphere. There is a strong commercial orientation, that covers with "hatz" but still this is a main object of Valve(ita obviously, i know). Why this isn't 10 out of 10? 1) TOO MANY insulting "pro" kids in every game, and there is no way to avoid them or punish. 2)There is no any(!) ladder system for players, just some brackets system that hidden. 3)Too strong orientation for professional scene, but 99% of players(like me) just playing non pro games, so what is the reason to re-balance game with patches which one is good only for pro?
    So 7 out of 10 if fair at the moment.
    I hope this game becomes 10/10 very soon =P
  67. Nov 3, 2013
    Time-consuming pointless game, with a toxic community.
    Nothing to see here except vanity.
  68. Nov 3, 2013
    It's a brilliant game only reason the metacritic is so low is because people hyped themselves up about a patch that wasnt even promised then got angry when it didnt happen.
  69. Nov 3, 2013
    This is probably the most satisfying game ever. Those who are whining about bad system and communication problems are just mad about the fact there was no Diretide this year. I love Diretide too but the absence of this mode doesn't mean that Dota is a bad game. I put 9.5/10 to this game because it seems to all my friends and me to be brilliant.
  70. Nov 3, 2013
    Brilliant game, never played a game more well rounded and enjoyable. Would not have written the review though if it weren't for all these negative reviews given by angry fans of the game. Do not be mislead, each of these bad reviews is simply a troll.
  71. Nov 3, 2013
    No diretide, no fun
    All they want is more money
    more money
    **** dota 2, go back to warcraft dota 2 if you want to play it

Current status of Dota is bad.

GIVE DIRETIDE
  72. Nov 3, 2013
    Terrible matchmaking, no ladders, no region lock, additional cosmetics for the same heroes. Missing a few characters like Techies, Terror Blade, Phoenix, Xin etc.
  73. Nov 3, 2013
    The game is great, the community is the single worst community of games i have ever met, because this game is team based it ruins the game, on top of this the lack of seasonal events that have been promised that have not happens letting down many players of this game, making us further think that valve do not listen to what the people want and are more interested in making hats.
  74. Nov 3, 2013
    I played a lot of Valve games before this one, and to be honest I played LoL before this and I didn't like it at all. I didn't even know this existed until its second year. And I must say I have gained more out of this game than any other. Compared to other games, this game has hours, months, and for many, years of play without losing value. It seems like a new game every time becauseI played a lot of Valve games before this one, and to be honest I played LoL before this and I didn't like it at all. I didn't even know this existed until its second year. And I must say I have gained more out of this game than any other. Compared to other games, this game has hours, months, and for many, years of play without losing value. It seems like a new game every time because there is no two matches that are the same. The only complaint is that when you play solo you get the bottom of the barrel, so parting up with some friends is the best way to go. Expand
  75. Nov 5, 2013
    This is an amazing, polished and fun multiplayer experience.

If any of you are confused as to why this game has such a low user score, here is the reason: http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/1152

It would almost be funny if it wasn't so sad.
  76. Nov 5, 2013
    Dota 2 is nothing more than an attempted effortless cash in by Valve. You wanted a fresh new game with lots of new ideas that gives you a real reason to improve at it and come back every day to play? Well TOO BAD.

Instead all you get is - original DOTA with a new coat of paint - questionable art direction - EXTREMELY SLOW gameplay and matches - NO RANKING SYSTEM - a community that

Instead all you get is
    - original DOTA with a new coat of paint
    - questionable art direction
    - EXTREMELY SLOW gameplay and matches
    - NO RANKING SYSTEM
    - a community that is nothing but trolls that will literally trap you in the environment to troll you
    - A TERRIBLE report system that simply counts the number of reports against a player and eventually punishes them in some minor way for 5 minutes
    - A complete lack of literally ANY originality, no new ideas, systems, modes, maps or anything else folks!
    - A god awful tutorial that does nothing to go into the much more important and deeper mechanics of the game
    - A lack of ANY WAY to concede the match so 9/10 games you'll end up sitting in your base for 10 minutes watching the enemy very slowly get closer.

In short, as I previously mentioned, DOTA 2 is nothing more than a redone version of it's original with nothing to offer and certainly no reason to keep going back to play it unless you're a troll.

If you want a decent MOBA game and LoL is too easy, shallow and casual for you then I HIGHLY recommend you try out "Heroes of Newerth" the best, most complicated, competitive, skillful and unique of the MOBA genre with a lot more to offer than this!
  77. Nov 5, 2013
    Nice game, but crappy community, the only bad thing i see about the game, is the matchmaking, it has to be improved ASAP, i love the game but joining pubs alone is a bad experience.
  78. Nov 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dota 2 is a pretty good game, but does not balance. It is practically just about to pick better things therefore discourages beginners. Also in the game pile of game elements, but there isn´t good instruction which severely impairs comprehension. Expand
  79. Nov 5, 2013
    Great game. Has unfairly got many unfair reviews because there wasn't diretide. Takes a bit of time to learn, but if you persist, it pays off. Pretty good graphics.
  80. Nov 6, 2013
    Poor implementation, nasty community and generally rather slow paced. I wanted to try this as i loved DOTA 1 and have played a lot of MOBA since but actually it is palid by comparison to LoL and the main thing is Its Just Not Fun!!. My advice is go with LoL
  81. Nov 8, 2013
    What is Dota 2?Dota 2 is crappy matchmaking,horrible community,no communication from developers,no updats,hats and more hats.This game used to be updated every week,the developers used to communicate with the community but now its only hats and no communication.
  82. Nov 8, 2013
    Game is alive DIRETIDE ON THE WAY http://blog.dota2.com/2013/11/not-my-best-work/
    Also always been a really phenomenal game made many friends along the way
  83. Nov 8, 2013
    Very good game, another example of Valve's careful but solid work. Hard to learn, easy to enjoy, deep enough to make you drown Great living and active community that unites in time of crysis, yells what it wants and apologizes for its mistakes. Well, maybe except for russians :D
  84. Nov 8, 2013
    volvo gave diretide all is gud
    diretideodfiamfoisdmfosidmfosdimfiosdmfiosdmifosmdifosmdfoimsdoifmsdiomfsodmfsiodmfsodmfosidmfoismdifosmdfoismdoifmsdoifmsdomifsdf
  85. Nov 8, 2013
    This game is simply amazing. I came from League of Legends to DotA because of a simple thing: freedom. In DotA, anything is possible. You can play any hero you want whenever you want. There is no cost for any hero. This entire game is available for free as soon as you download it.

EVERY HERO IS AVAILABLE AT THE MOMENT OF DOWNLOAD. THERE IS NO IP, NO PURCHASING OF HEROES. The game

The game balance is quite interesting. If you like a competitive scene, DotA has by far the most entertaining scene in gaming history. If you are hardcore there is plenty to see and enjoy. If you just like to see people win money there are casters that will make you piss your pants.

In DotA you will encounter some flame yes, but there are moments in this game that bring such a smile to your face they will last a lifetime. If you don't play DotA you're cheating yourself out of an experience of a lifetime.
  86. Nov 8, 2013
    Dota 2 is an amazing game with intense competitive game-play over 100 heroes to choose from and a e-sport scene that's enthralling. Anyone interested in MOBA or ARTS games should really check it out!
  87. Nov 8, 2013
    Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received!Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Diretide received! Good job VALVE Expand
  88. Nov 8, 2013
    raise your pumpkins ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

raise your pumpkins ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Seriously though, I've been playing this game for almost a year now. After having a failed launch at League of Legends and SC:BW, this game finally hit the right notes for me incredibly in-depth, complex gameplay with a self-sufficient community and a constantly-changing meta. Although I started without much guidance, now I can easily join friends who have gone through their tutorials. Plus, no matter what kind of player you are, you can find your place in the chaos of the game. My boyfriend is already great at unconventional heroes, despite playing for only three months, and I myself am comfortable as a support.

Dota 2 is a great ARTS that's taking off online and in professional gaming, and if you have the time, I highly recommend it.
  89. Nov 8, 2013
    A superb masterpiece of a game. Prepare for hundreds of your hours to be sunk into this rich and diverse world. Multitudes of heroes to play and master, thousands of different strategies and approaches, one game will never be the same as another. Volvo delivered.
  90. Nov 8, 2013
  91. Nov 9, 2013
    We got diretide !We got diretide !We got diretide !We got diretide !We got diretide !We got diretide !We got diretide !We got diretide !We got diretide
  92. Nov 8, 2013
    Why is DotA 2 so awesome:

• Amazing graphics. • One of (If not the) best f2p system I have ever seen. Basically, you can get almost everything for free by dropping at the end of the game or when you level up. Also all the buyable (or droppable) itens era just cosmetic. They don't give you any advantage compared to other people. • Over 100 different heroes with different skills,
    Why is DotA 2 so awesome:

• Amazing graphics.

• Over 100 different heroes with different skills, making each game unique.

• WE HAVE DIRETIDE!!
  93. Nov 8, 2013
    My favourite game over the last... 6 years or so. Played 6000+ matches.
    Excellent job on fast reaction to lack of Diretide community feedback. Eager to see new update. Thumbs up Valve!
  94. Nov 8, 2013
    DIRETIDE WAS GIVEN!!! DIRETIDE WAS GIVEN!!! DIRETIDE WAS GIVEN!!! DIRETIDE WAS GIVEN!!!
    Well, at least Vavle still listen to their Community
  95. Nov 8, 2013
    Is it possible for metacritic to delete a lot of the flame comments or ratings? This game should be 9 or 10. After all people only rated it badly because of the diretide fiasco. If we all agreed and made some sort of petition would it matter?
  96. Nov 8, 2013
    Diretide given. But no seriously, Valve isn't perfect but Dota 2 is honestly an amazing game despite its rather.......vocal community. As for as free-to-play games go, I can easily say that is the best out there and even has a far higher level of production then games that cost $60 and upwards.
  97. Nov 9, 2013
    I just wanted to fix the rating of this game because many players did negative rewievs because of diretide. And I think that game deserves more better score
  98. Nov 9, 2013
    thx thx thx thxthx thxthx thxthx thxthx thxthx thxthx thxthx thxthx thxthx thxthx thxthx thxthx thxthx thxthx thxthx thxthx thxthx thxthx thxthx thxthx thx
  99. Nov 9, 2013
    One of the best, most difficult and truly competitive games I've ever played. It is free and doesn't have any pay-to-win, all heroes are free, the only paid content are cosmetical items that DO NOT change gameplay.
  100. Nov 9, 2013
    Got DIRETIDE༼ Got DIRETIDE༼ Got DIRETIDE༼ Got DIRETIDE༼ Got DIRETIDE༼ Got DIRETIDE༼ Got DIRETIDE༼ Got DIRETIDE༼ Got DIRETIDE༼ Got DIRETIDE༼ Got DIRETIDE༼ Got DIRETIDE༼ Got DIRETIDE༼ Got DIRETIDE༼ Got DIRETIDE༼ Got DIRETIDE༼ Got DIRETIDE༼ Got DIRETIDE༼ Got DIRETIDE༼ Got DIRETIDE

1. Feb 19, 2014
    Simply irresistible and addictive as hell.
  2. Sep 1, 2013
  3. Aug 30, 2013
    A great PvP game that offers some of the most intriguing and nuanced team combat around.