5.8

1. BMF
    Jun 21, 2011
    Duke is getting so much hate from critics but almost all of it is unfounded. Duke Nukem Forever might not be 15 years dev time good but its still a great game that many people are missing the point with. Alot of the fun in DNF comes from your hilarious interaction with the world and objects around you so if you just rush threw and dont try things out you will miss alot. All in all I wouldDuke is getting so much hate from critics but almost all of it is unfounded. Duke Nukem Forever might not be 15 years dev time good but its still a great game that many people are missing the point with. Alot of the fun in DNF comes from your hilarious interaction with the world and objects around you so if you just rush threw and dont try things out you will miss alot. All in all I would give duke a 8.5 a handfull of bugs and looking out of date in some places cant take away from the pure uncensored fun Duke provides. Im giving this a 10 to balance out the feminists and people who just didnt get it. Expand
  2. Jun 25, 2011
    PC graphics are current gen. PC load times are very short. This is a game for PC, and for gamers that appreciate humour above all else. DNF is not politically correct. It is offensive, rude, gross and disgusting. It has lots of variety, and can not be labelled as one genre or another. If you expect a FPS or any other genre for that matter, then don't. The laughs are so unique, silly, andPC graphics are current gen. PC load times are very short. This is a game for PC, and for gamers that appreciate humour above all else. DNF is not politically correct. It is offensive, rude, gross and disgusting. It has lots of variety, and can not be labelled as one genre or another. If you expect a FPS or any other genre for that matter, then don't. The laughs are so unique, silly, and typical Duke that the smile factor overrules the negatives. Gearbox have done a better job than most reviewers are willing to acknowledge. Expand
  3. Jul 12, 2011
    I'm sorry, but this game doesn't deserve such a low rating. I dont see whats wrong with it. It may be linear, it may not be like Duke 3D or the best graphics in the world. But seriously, what did you expect? This game went through what? 3 DEVELOPMENT STUDIOS? So this game has gone through a lot and 3D Realms wanted it to be the perfect game. I love this game, multiplayer isn't the best,I'm sorry, but this game doesn't deserve such a low rating. I dont see whats wrong with it. It may be linear, it may not be like Duke 3D or the best graphics in the world. But seriously, what did you expect? This game went through what? 3 DEVELOPMENT STUDIOS? So this game has gone through a lot and 3D Realms wanted it to be the perfect game. I love this game, multiplayer isn't the best, and weapons are way too over powered. But singleplayer blew me away, from the parts of Duke getting blown away and seeing his body go flying. Those parts were so entertaining. Puzzles were good, and took not too much effort but required a braincell. Interacting with pinball machines, doing weights etc. Its one of the best campaigns I've played in a long time.

So, stop hating on the game, its not the best. But I loved it, and every second was worth it!
  4. Jun 14, 2011
    Surprisingly game turned out to be pretty good. I really enjoyed my time with DNF singleplayer. Yes, game is not perfect, yes graphics are outdated (NOT bad but outdated), yes it has lots of flaws and unpolished moments, yes just 2 weapons at the time sucks, but the sum of this is a good singleplayer game and worthy Duke Nukem successor. (My score is 8/10, although i rated it 10/10 toSurprisingly game turned out to be pretty good. I really enjoyed my time with DNF singleplayer. Yes, game is not perfect, yes graphics are outdated (NOT bad but outdated), yes it has lots of flaws and unpolished moments, yes just 2 weapons at the time sucks, but the sum of this is a good singleplayer game and worthy Duke Nukem successor. (My score is 8/10, although i rated it 10/10 to counter this low score reviews **** going on about game right now). Expand
  5. Jun 15, 2011
    Objectively a poor game, but still fun nonetheless - especially for those who have been waiting to revel in the memories of Duke 3D. It's graphics are not up to par, and it certainly can't justify 15 years of development, but it's chauvinism and brainless fun oozes Duke-ness - and that's what we've been missing for 15 years. Not for the jaded or politically correct.
  6. Jun 18, 2011
    Forget the negative reviews, they have no idea what they're going on about. This game delivers exactly what it is supposed to: an absurdly masculine, drug-addled sex fiend on a mission to get all the chicks back from the Alien Bastards (tm). A solid shooter with hilarious one-liners and homages to Internet pop culture -- oh, and **** After the "12 f$@!ing years," Duke Nukem still rules.
  7. Jun 17, 2011
    Totally undeserving of such low scores, especially with so many uninventive and tedious sequels getting 9's or higher. Honestly, more varied and fun, though perhaps not as polished as most AAA shooters of this generation.
  8. Jun 18, 2011
    I am dumbfounded who can say this game sucks.
    Maybe your system sucks but it runs flawless on my GTX275 core i7
    Its old school and not complicated as it should be. i deff smell cod fanboys at large. This game is fun.. period. i just fin ished the first run and think it was worth every penny. Its a good time . if you played Duke from the original this is something you will enjoy. run
    I am dumbfounded who can say this game sucks.
    Maybe your system sucks but it runs flawless on my GTX275 core i7
    run and gun with hilarity through out.
  9. Jun 15, 2011
    I really get sick of so called "reviewers" ripping on games when they have no real basis of comparison, no concept of what a game is supposed to be, or just want to put down a game because they did like it. The very idea of a review is to remain objective and know what you are talking about. That little rant aside. This is my mini-review of Duke Nukem Forever.

First off, this is NOT meant

First off, this is NOT meant to be "old-school" Duke Nukem. It's a squeal, a continuation of the series, more than just a "reboot". I was there in line waiting on my copy of Duke Nukem 3D when it hit the shelves. I still own that original copy I purchased back then. I own and have played every incarnation of Duke Nukem ever released on every platform it was ever released on. Duke Nukem Forever is not any of it. It is its own game, and this is a very good thing. It is what I was personally hoping it would be. I mean come on, this is 2011, I don't want that 90's gaming experience, as much as I may have loved it back then. I wanted a more modern game and that's what I get with DNF.

Story and content wise, it's Duke Nukem to the core, no doubt. This game really pushes that "Rated M" to the limit. It is the same story with the same "adult" content I remember from the Duke. The game has not been reduced, edited for content, or otherwise censored. Thank god for that. The gameplay is nice as well. Very easy to control and there is a lot of stuff in the world to interact with. I have played through the game a full two times now and not one time did I have any issues related to actually playing the game. You get some of the "little Duke" action as you run around while all shrunk down trying to complete a task. You get to battle the classic monsters as well as some new ones and bosses. The classic weapon set is there with a few fun ones thrown in as well. Blow off limbs and "interact" with objects in the game to unlock a fun list of 50 Steam achievements. Don't forget about the ladies, they are the reason you are in the battle, remember? Not to mention the "Mighty Foot". From a technology standpoint, the game is nothing special. If I am not mistaken the game runs on a highly modified Unreal Engine 2.5, and they did a great job of utilizing the engine to the best of it's abilities. It's not ground breaking by any means, but it's not supposed to be. This game has been in development for so long and across so many different engines that I am surprised it came out as good as it did. It's not going to push the limits of any half was decent gaming PC that's for sure. One noteworthy fact about DNF, it is NOT a console port. The single player campaign was created for PC from the ground up and it was then later ported TO console after it was completed. The reverse of what we often see these days. The graphics are great. Nothing Earth shattering like I said above, but you can tell they pushed the limit of the engine and used it very well. If you want ground breaking graphics, you just have to wait for BF3 like the rest of us. For Duke Nukem, these graphics serve him, and the game, quite well across all platforms. The sounds in the game are also well done. The topper being the fact that Jon St.John reprises his role as the voice of Duke Nukem. Not only do you get many of the classic phrases we have loved for so many years, but literally dozens more that just make the overall game experience so much more enjoyable.

Overall I give the game high marks. I got what I expected out of Duke Nukem Forever, a fun and entertaining adult game that does justice to the name without taking me back to the 90's, except for the fact I had just as much fun playing DNF as I did Duke Nukem 3D. I did not place the game on such a high pedestal that makes it nearly impossible to meet, something far too many people do these days. It is reminiscent of what used to be fun about playing Duke Nukem 3D, but for a modern time, I think they did a great job bringing Duke back and I look forward to seeing where he goes next.
  10. Jun 14, 2011
    It's funny that I read all the critic reviews bemoaning that the game does not blow them away on all fronts, and how dare Duke not have really evolved as a character since DN3D. 'It's horrible it's terrible it's painful to play!' they all scream.

And then, buried somewhere in the mass of verbiage, there's the line 'But it's fun.' I think that single line sums up this game. It's not MEANT to be a Halo Gears of War: Call of Battleground Honor. Yes, the mouse aiming is terribad on occasion. I'm betting on a patch soon on that. And really that's my only complaint about it.

It's a fun game. Period. Do I dislike the bits of all the other modern cover based shooters that snuck into it? Sure. But, am I going to whine about it and deny that I enjoyed the game thoroughly? Hell no.
  11. Jun 26, 2011
    OK so this game needs some positive press, so here's my 2 cents. I've played the Single Player game thoroughly. I'm level 22 or so on Steam (multiplayer). I've had a lot of fun with this game. I mean, a lot. If there are people out there who are deciding not to try the game out because of the bad reviews, I would just suggest to them to try the game out themselves. At least the PC demo. IfOK so this game needs some positive press, so here's my 2 cents. I've played the Single Player game thoroughly. I'm level 22 or so on Steam (multiplayer). I've had a lot of fun with this game. I mean, a lot. If there are people out there who are deciding not to try the game out because of the bad reviews, I would just suggest to them to try the game out themselves. At least the PC demo. If you're using a console, forget about it. Duke is not meant to be played on console. Get a PC. :) Expand
  12. Jun 14, 2011
    give this game a chance..yes, its not revolutionary, yes, its not up to par with todays standards..if ur a pc gamer from the 90's u will give this game the chance it deserves and ou will play as if you were playing it in the 90's, cause thats where it belongs...thats how it feels...dont go expecting groundbreaking stuff, expect it as it is...a duke nukem game..full of charm, nonsense,give this game a chance..yes, its not revolutionary, yes, its not up to par with todays standards..if ur a pc gamer from the 90's u will give this game the chance it deserves and ou will play as if you were playing it in the 90's, cause thats where it belongs...thats how it feels...dont go expecting groundbreaking stuff, expect it as it is...a duke nukem game..full of charm, nonsense, nasty awesome stuff... Expand
  13. Jun 14, 2011
    Anyone who gave this game a rating of 6 or less is nothing more than a whiney douche p*ssy anal retentive troll not worthy of the fun the game brings. IT'S FUN. Is it revolutionary? No. But then I wasn't expecting that. Been playing it for a few hours now and having a blast with the Duke. Anyone complaining about graphics, your IQ is probably below 80. If you want revolutionary, goAnyone who gave this game a rating of 6 or less is nothing more than a whiney douche p*ssy anal retentive troll not worthy of the fun the game brings. IT'S FUN. Is it revolutionary? No. But then I wasn't expecting that. Been playing it for a few hours now and having a blast with the Duke. Anyone complaining about graphics, your IQ is probably below 80. If you want revolutionary, go somewhere else. If you want a trip down memory lane with an old friend, you shouldn't be disappointed. Maybe if this game does half decent, they can have the means needed to produce a "better" product or whatever these idiots seem to think the game doesn't have. The demo doesn't do the game any justice, if you still aren't for sure to get it or not, wait til there is a sale on steam and pick it up. Expand
  14. Jun 17, 2011
    After a 14 year wait, we finally have Duke Nukem Forever in our hands. The game has received some really horrible reviews. Most of these negative reviews complain about the graphics, crude humor, sexist content, or the level design and gameplay. Let me address these one at a time.

Graphics: Yes, the graphics are a little dated. The game is using the unreal engine so it doesnt look as good as some newer games, but its not bad. Crude Humor: What did you expect? Its Duke. People have complained that its unnecessary, and way more crude then Duke3D. Stop for a minute and consider how things were back in the mid to late 90s. The game COULDNT be too crude back then. They pushed the boundaries at the time, but they really couldnt take it to the extremes they wanted. Also, if they hadnt pushed it to the extreme with DNF people would have complained that it wasnt edgy enough. You cant please everyone.

Sexist content: Again, its Duke. Ive read some reviews that say the game is highly offensive to women, and/or that Duke, or the developers hate women. This is just ridiculous. My girlfriend watches me play Duke and she laughs the whole time. The game isnt serious at all, and nobody should take it seriously.

Level Design + Gameplay: Now, I kind of agree with some of the complaints here. I dont really dig the recharging Ego meter instead of a health bar, and the need for health packs. I also dont like the 2 weapon limit. Why cant i kick people anymore!? The level design isnt bad, although I feel as if they may have packed in a few too many little puzzles to solve. its not that big of a deal, but I couldnt have done with a few less puzzles, and more enemies. Overall, I really liked Duke Forever. Im a 29 year old gamer, and I was in high school when Duke3D came out. Over the years almost every FPS has gone with the realistic approach (CoD, Battlefield, ect...). There arent any games that recapture that feel of the oldschool 90s shooters. Duke does just that. I seriously felt like a kid again while running around listening to dukes one-liners, and shooting up some pigs. It was a refreshing change of pace after playing so many games based in reality over the years.

People complain that Duke Nukem Forever doesnt keep up with the times, and it doesnt. Thats one reason why I liked it so much. If they had made a CoD game, and instead of russians put in some pig cops, and pasted Duke in where it would normally be a special forces guy people would have complained that Duke Forever was just trying to be modern, and wasnt creative. I really dont think Duke Forever had any real chance of getting great reviews, because people were expecting it to be the best game ever made and/or perfect because of the long wait. There is no way any game could live up to that hype, not even Duke. The last line you hear from Duke in the game eludes to more Duke games (not a spoiler). I think the next Duke game(s) can start to bridge the gap between totally retro, and more modern. This game needed to be retro though, just to reconnect us with Duke after 14 years, and to give younger games a chance to play a game like we played 14 years ago. now that that is done, Duke can grow up a little.

Yes, I gave Duke a 10. Does it deserve it? Yes and no. It doesnt deserve the 10 for the game itself (id say an 8 is good), but it does deserve a 10 to boost its metascore overall, because I think a lot of people didnt quite get Duke Forever, and gave it horrible reviews for that reason. It doesnt deserve an amazing score, because it doesnt do anything new, and it doesnt break any ground, but its Duke, and its a really fun retro shooter that certainly deserves a solid 7 or 8.

Long live DUKE!
  15. Jun 14, 2011
    Duke is back! Do I need to say more? I was hoping that they kept things similar to the old game without going too much overboard or, even worse, getting pulled into the CoD wagon. And, they pulled it off. The single player campaign has some great moments and it is filled with Duke's humor. Most recently released FPS can really learn something from this one. A good,humorous story litteredDuke is back! Do I need to say more? I was hoping that they kept things similar to the old game without going too much overboard or, even worse, getting pulled into the CoD wagon. And, they pulled it off. The single player campaign has some great moments and it is filled with Duke's humor. Most recently released FPS can really learn something from this one. A good,humorous story littered with puzzles and many details to discover make this a fun experience nobody should miss. Enough said. Time to get some bubble gum... Expand
  16. Jul 14, 2011
    By far the best FPS I have played in a long time. People saying that DNF is worse than cookie cutter FPS like MW, Halo, CoD and fear can blow it out there ass.
    So far there are only two things that this game has picked up that I donâ
  17. Jun 14, 2011
    I'll start by saying that if you like south park, you will really enjoy the warped humor in this game. If you are happy with Call of Duty style liner FPS shooters, then you will be fine with the gameplay. If you don't think graphics are the be all and end all of what a game should be, then you will be fine with this (and they are not THAT bad, really).

I can say that I really enjoyed

I can say that I really enjoyed this game, and I think if you can agree with the above points, you will too.
  18. Jun 14, 2011
    Had to give this a 10 to offset the typical rage 0's thrown down by emo kids and crybabies. Sadly this game can't really get much respect in the current age we live in. Too many people overly sensitive and too easily offended. Cry me a river folks. This game will be fun for any old school type guy or fan of the series in general. It is by no means perfect and my true score would be closerHad to give this a 10 to offset the typical rage 0's thrown down by emo kids and crybabies. Sadly this game can't really get much respect in the current age we live in. Too many people overly sensitive and too easily offended. Cry me a river folks. This game will be fun for any old school type guy or fan of the series in general. It is by no means perfect and my true score would be closer to 7.5 - 8 . Regardless, this game is loads of goofy fun and it will bring back memories. Enjoy the game for what it is folks. If you are overly feminist, easily offended, or too sensitive, dont waste your time on this. This game is not for emo cry babies. I could continue to ramble but. "It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum." Expand
  19. Jun 15, 2011
    What other game let's you put a rat in a microwave!?!? This game is just like DN3D which is what I was wanting. Graphics are good (although meant to be shown a few years ago). humor is fun and they did a great job of making you feel like you are in the Duke's boots
  20. Jun 14, 2011
    I do not get the hate for this game. The toilet humor is pretty bad and the AI is dumb as bricks but the actual game itself has a lot of variety. There is plenty of puzzles, driving levels, boss battles, and cool levels. The design is a bit dated but if you weren't expecting that, I don't know what to say other than this game was in development for 12 years, it's going to show it's age.I do not get the hate for this game. The toilet humor is pretty bad and the AI is dumb as bricks but the actual game itself has a lot of variety. There is plenty of puzzles, driving levels, boss battles, and cool levels. The design is a bit dated but if you weren't expecting that, I don't know what to say other than this game was in development for 12 years, it's going to show it's age. The beginning levels were kinda of boring but every review I have seen suck focuses on those levels and the toilet humor. Makes me wonder if they played the game from beginning to end. I saw IGN's gameplay commentary video and the guy was very early in the game already complaining about it, didn't seem like it was going to get a fair chance after seeing that. Now this game is no 10/10 but it certainly deserves better than what the reviews are saying. I'm giving a 10/10 because I know that is going to get downvoted pretty bad. Expand
  21. Jun 16, 2011
    Duke Nukem Forever its a great shooter with great jokes. Authors are responsible came to his work. Although it has its flaws it fully justifies the 14 years of waiting.
  22. Jun 22, 2011
    What I like most about a game like this, is that we can really delineate which critical reviews are from valuable publications and which one's posture pop culture. This game is at worst an 8, and I will place it there out of fairness of completeness. This game has all the elements of a Duke Nukem game, but also has the feeling as if too many hands have touched the product and too manyWhat I like most about a game like this, is that we can really delineate which critical reviews are from valuable publications and which one's posture pop culture. This game is at worst an 8, and I will place it there out of fairness of completeness. This game has all the elements of a Duke Nukem game, but also has the feeling as if too many hands have touched the product and too many studios had to make a statement. All of this aside, the judgement by a stream of pop culture magazines are unfair and wrong. Duke Nukem was not about pleasing the status quo, and this game cannot meet that expectation. Expand
  23. Dec 15, 2011
    People who rate this game like 3/10 and below, are not to be taken seriously. Even if you didnt really dig it, you cant, YOU JUST CANT, give a negative rating to a game with no bugs, long campaign, decent graphics, plenty of weapons, varied gameplay and alot of humor. And Duke Nukem Forever is all that.â
  24. Jun 14, 2011
    Hell as frozen over, pigs have flown and Duke Nukem Forever is finally here and whilst it could never have lived up to its hype it has broken the boundaries of what can be put into a game. The game is basically an old school shooter with modern graphics and references. If you want a game that's realistic or a new modern day shooter then you'll want to pass this. If you want a fun, actionHell as frozen over, pigs have flown and Duke Nukem Forever is finally here and whilst it could never have lived up to its hype it has broken the boundaries of what can be put into a game. The game is basically an old school shooter with modern graphics and references. If you want a game that's realistic or a new modern day shooter then you'll want to pass this. If you want a fun, action packed and adrenaline thrilled campaign with great set-piece moments, humours dialog and that Duke Nukem attitude then settle back for one great steroid and beer fueled ride. Defiantly not a game for "Cod Kids" Expand
  25. Jun 14, 2011
    Very funny, very fun game. Don't listen to the reviewers. They've been blinded into thinking that all FPS games should be the same, and anything different they can't understand/accept. A 10 in my book.
  26. Jun 14, 2011
    Quite frankly the greatest game of our generation. From the rock solid humor to the smooth graphics, all is good here. I can;t speak for the issues people are having with the console versions, but the pc version is top notch! Game of The year, BABY!!
  27. Jun 14, 2011
    First Duke3D forced me to buy old 486, and i played Duke3D without the sound. I was waiting for all these years and this Duke Nukem does not dissapoint. The graphics are really decent and much better then on xbox360. Im enjoying every minut of it. Black Ops and Crysis 2 kids will probably disagree with me but odlschool fans will appreciate DNF.
  28. Jun 17, 2011
    Duke Nukem Forever was such a fun game, I really don't get why many reviewers decided to hate on it. There are a few problems, make no mistake - mainly the 2007-2008 level graphics, the fact that Duke can, for some reason, carry only 2 guns, regenerating health instead of health packs. Everything else, though, is excellent, ESPECIALLY if you enjoy Duke Nukem humour. If you do, this game isDuke Nukem Forever was such a fun game, I really don't get why many reviewers decided to hate on it. There are a few problems, make no mistake - mainly the 2007-2008 level graphics, the fact that Duke can, for some reason, carry only 2 guns, regenerating health instead of health packs. Everything else, though, is excellent, ESPECIALLY if you enjoy Duke Nukem humour. If you do, this game is a true feast. The jokes are second to none, the game just keeps a smile on your face for extended periods of time.

There's a LOT of attention to detail (pretty entertaining Duke Nukem burger cartons in one of the stages, for instance). The game offers great variety, it's not all shooting, there are puzzles, there's some first-person platforming (nothing too difficult), a lot of things are covered. The stages are quite varied, both in terms of design and in terms of what you have to do - there are driving stages, water stages, stages where you are small and have to fight your ways through rats or even big aliens, a stage set like a Western movie, etc. There are plenty of entertaining mini-games like pool, weight lifting, pinball, etc. The boss battles are quite epic and intense.

I guess the game is a bit on the easy side on Normal difficulty, but then again, you're Duke Nukem, it's natural that you kick epic amounts of ass. The story is nothing special, of course, but the game is all about the humour. Duke Nukem is better than ever, I'd say Jon St. John's voice is even more badass 15 years later!
  29. Jun 14, 2011
    Don't going in thinking 'it's been 12 years, I better see something amazing'. That's like going into a comedy movie and expecting to see oscar performances. Drop your expectations back down, remember, it's still just a game. Look at the lead character. he's a campy, one liner from a time of better movies, and silent protagonists. The gameplay gets switched up alot, and while no singleDon't going in thinking 'it's been 12 years, I better see something amazing'. That's like going into a comedy movie and expecting to see oscar performances. Drop your expectations back down, remember, it's still just a game. Look at the lead character. he's a campy, one liner from a time of better movies, and silent protagonists. The gameplay gets switched up alot, and while no single mechanic really stands out, they are all still solid and they work well. The star of the show is what you bought this game for, and the Duke shines, he is raunchy, sexist, and above all.. it's hilarious.

If you want an award winning game, go somewhere else. But if you can drop your huge expectations, crack a few beers and have a good time.. pop this sucker in. I'm lovin it. Hail to the king, baby!
  30. Jun 14, 2011
    Let me just say that I have never played a Duke Nukem game before. That being said, I really enjoy this game so far. I don't know why everyone thinks the graphics suck, I think they're all right. Guns are solid, and Duke's one-liners are hilarious. So far, I'm at the casino, the aliens are fun to fight, shooting is solid
  31. Jun 14, 2011
    Graphics bad? maybe. Graphics fun? Yes! Gameplay mechanics bad? Nope! Gameplay mechanics fun? YES! i really love todays games like The Witcher 2, Mass Effect, Company of Heroes to name a few, but when I play (and just to play 14 years ago) Duke Nukem I expect plain funny fun! Well, Duke Nukem Forever delivers that with only a small compromise, the graphics... well I don't care! The 10 isGraphics bad? maybe. Graphics fun? Yes! Gameplay mechanics bad? Nope! Gameplay mechanics fun? YES! i really love todays games like The Witcher 2, Mass Effect, Company of Heroes to name a few, but when I play (and just to play 14 years ago) Duke Nukem I expect plain funny fun! Well, Duke Nukem Forever delivers that with only a small compromise, the graphics... well I don't care! The 10 is for the fun to be had with DNF, if you are able to enjoy life, eghegheheheeee! Expand
  32. Jun 14, 2011
    Duke Nukem is great fun! thats what its all about. Who gives a flying f*ck that the graphics are UT engine, they still look very good!!! People who rate it low are just whining pathetic most likely COD players!. Duke Nukem is everything I exptected Dukes Ego, funny comments, crudeness and interaction. Its a great game to play its not serious and hilarious in most parts. People forget whatDuke Nukem is great fun! thats what its all about. Who gives a flying f*ck that the graphics are UT engine, they still look very good!!! People who rate it low are just whining pathetic most likely COD players!. Duke Nukem is everything I exptected Dukes Ego, funny comments, crudeness and interaction. Its a great game to play its not serious and hilarious in most parts. People forget what Duke is about! Expand
  33. Jun 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "Hail to the King!"
    Lange, wirklich lange mussten die Duke Fans warten! Bis auf ein paar kleine nicht so schöne sachen (aussenlevels, nicht ganz so schlaue Gegner), Geb ich dem Duke trotzdem volle Punkte: Weil er einfach der King ist und seid langen mal wieder ein Char ist, der nicht nur stumpsinnig rumlatscht...er rockt einfach - weil er so ist wie er ist!!!

"Let`s Rock!"
  34. Jun 14, 2011
    Dude this game is $#@&%#@ EPIC! A must buy. Non stop comedy. The Game is designed to feel like the Original Titles. There isn't any fancy new game-play style. Just good old Duke. So you haters gonna hate.
  35. Jun 14, 2011
    As a female gamer who has logged countless hours in Black ops and Left 4 Dead 2, this game is not only refreshing but absolutely hilarious. From the moment I started the game I was laughing non stop, and even on easy the challenge of the game is actually invigorating. The interactive world is so much fun, and the fact they put so much time into the sayings and the things you can do, I amAs a female gamer who has logged countless hours in Black ops and Left 4 Dead 2, this game is not only refreshing but absolutely hilarious. From the moment I started the game I was laughing non stop, and even on easy the challenge of the game is actually invigorating. The interactive world is so much fun, and the fact they put so much time into the sayings and the things you can do, I am so thrilled I decided to buys. Not for the easily offended or people with a weak sense of humor, but if you were either those then why did you even look at this game in the first place! Happy alien hunting! Expand
  36. Jun 14, 2011
    To be fair, this turned out to be as expected, an enjoyable homage to DN3D, It nods its head to oldschool, even if it has its foibles (2 weapon loadouts grr). I for one grew up at the right time and had the opportunity to play wolfenstien 3d, doom (and all its incarnations) quake etc. etc. (and ofc. DN3D) on thier respective first releases. I for one have missed the borderline humour,To be fair, this turned out to be as expected, an enjoyable homage to DN3D, It nods its head to oldschool, even if it has its foibles (2 weapon loadouts grr). I for one grew up at the right time and had the opportunity to play wolfenstien 3d, doom (and all its incarnations) quake etc. etc. (and ofc. DN3D) on thier respective first releases. I for one have missed the borderline humour, gibbing and no story line, "kill everything that moves" types of games. DNF is fun and most negative reviews seem to come from the console kids of today the have no respect for thier elders, if it wasn't for 3d Realms, ID software and the like, you wouldnt have Call of battlefield - Medal Mass Halo Dragon war 3. Expand
  37. Jun 14, 2011
    This game is a blast despite its shortcomings of a two weapon limit, autoregen health, and linear level design. It genuinely feels like I'm playing a DUKE NUKEM game again.
  38. Jun 14, 2011
    Rock solid shooter that made me LAUGH on so many occasions!! What other shooter game delivers that? The Duke is back, the goofiness, craziness we loved is still there and augmented to a whole new level... spend some good time playing it, maybe the only game I truly enjoyed in recent years. These stupid reviewers do not understand the context of the game, the Duke's world.. so to speak..Rock solid shooter that made me LAUGH on so many occasions!! What other shooter game delivers that? The Duke is back, the goofiness, craziness we loved is still there and augmented to a whole new level... spend some good time playing it, maybe the only game I truly enjoyed in recent years. These stupid reviewers do not understand the context of the game, the Duke's world.. so to speak.. and even saying silly things like 90' graphics, while it clearly runs on the current gen. engine... suckers. Expand
  39. Jun 14, 2011
    Don't believe the rubbish about this game being poor. It's enjoyable, funny, and action packed. And isn't that the best we can hope for in a shooter?
  40. Jun 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Let me be totally honest about this game, and I hope this review will help people make the decision to either buy, or not buy this game. When the game first began, I wasn't too impressed. But I have to say as I've progressed further and further into the game, it's gets better and better. I don't know what people are talking about concerning level design, I personally think it's fine the way it is. It's not confusing and to be perfectly frank, you have to be a moron not to figure it out. If all else fails, touch the glowing orange object. Many people also strongly disliked the RC car / Small Duke levels, but I enjoyed them quite a bit. Particularly the kitchen level. It's amusing and so long as you have a shred of hand eye coordination and aren't timing inept, they don't take long at all. I'm starting to think that the people that write negative reviews about this game, both here and on other sites are the type of people that can't enjoy a simple, poorly acted, although hugely entertaining action film. This game is exactly that, hugely entertaining, but certainly not groundbreaking. But really, when was it ever about groundbreaking? People that play this game are playing it for Duke and the detail and complexity found in games such as Crysis would just be overlooked here. When I play this game, I'm not looking around and saying "Wow, this is pretty", I'm saying "Where can I find some f&$king ammo? I wanna blows some **** up".

If you want to go out and have some good, bloody fun with big ass guns, amusing one-liners, chicks, explosions and almost unlimited ammo at times, then you'll enjoy this game in it's entirety. If you're looking for the next technological ground breaking masterpiece, then go elsewhere and stop putting this game down for something it's not trying to be in the first place. Take it as it is and enjoy it.
  41. Jun 15, 2011
    This game brings it. I sense conspiracy with the so called 'professional' reviewers, and maybe their mommies should take away their xbox360's for a week to punish them (most clearly arent PC gamers) . On PC, it plays sweet, runs well and is packed with awesome dukiness!
  42. Jun 15, 2011
    Duke Nukem Forever is even better than I expected. It is enough "old school"for me, the graphics are - given the age of the engine - very good, the game-play is enjoyable and Dukes immortal humor is to be found around every corner. Even though many think otherwise, even after 14 years I did not expect more than what I got.
  43. Jun 15, 2011
    Duke Nukem Forever is a lot like a Dan Brown novel - doesn't do anything spectacular but at the same time is very hard to put down. I think people just need to disconnect the time of release from the game. There is a huge variety to the levels, the guns feel and sound good, the ambient sound creates a great atmosphere just like in DN3D, some of the dialog is hilarious and I really enjoyedDuke Nukem Forever is a lot like a Dan Brown novel - doesn't do anything spectacular but at the same time is very hard to put down. I think people just need to disconnect the time of release from the game. There is a huge variety to the levels, the guns feel and sound good, the ambient sound creates a great atmosphere just like in DN3D, some of the dialog is hilarious and I really enjoyed the old school feel a lot of battles had. Graphically, I actually thought it looked great. I grew up with Doom, the first Playstation, and I first knew Pokemon in it's black and white glory on the Gameboy Pocket. So I can appreciate how far games have come and that DNF not only has acceptable graphic quality but it has been designed to actually be NICE to look at (Ghost Town, when you're shrunken inside Dukeburger, crash course level are some that come to mind). The driving sequences are fine and make a nice escape from running everywhere, in fact all of the parts of this game may not be perfect but the sum of those parts make for a kick ass game. And I own the PC version. Expand
  44. Jun 15, 2011
    DKF has every aspect of a modern sci fi FPS meaning many good designed and visually different levels, lot of action scenes with reaction-button-pressing and vast bosses (which some where quite challenging for a person that doesnt play mainly FPS games). The ego items were motivating and beside them there are lots of other items you can interact with for no real purpose. you can even hurtDKF has every aspect of a modern sci fi FPS meaning many good designed and visually different levels, lot of action scenes with reaction-button-pressing and vast bosses (which some where quite challenging for a person that doesnt play mainly FPS games). The ego items were motivating and beside them there are lots of other items you can interact with for no real purpose. you can even hurt youself at the electric socket again which shows how serious gearbox took the details of duke nukem 3D.
    So if you are a total duke fan boy you wont come around his newest, macabre ass kicking adventure. And for non fan boys its worth a try
  45. Jun 15, 2011
    The people that hate this are call of duty fan boys or bought it on a console. Duke is meant for PC. Modding will fix most of the issues. It is not perfect but it is not awful either. If you payed $60 bucks for it that is your own fault. There are so many worst games out there than this one. The really low scores are really not justifiable. I was happy with some things and upset aboutThe people that hate this are call of duty fan boys or bought it on a console. Duke is meant for PC. Modding will fix most of the issues. It is not perfect but it is not awful either. If you payed $60 bucks for it that is your own fault. There are so many worst games out there than this one. The really low scores are really not justifiable. I was happy with some things and upset about others but with the PC there is hope of mods. Always bet on Duke for the PC! Expand
  46. Jun 15, 2011
    Great Game. Not sure why so many folks are bashing it. I haven't seen any slow load times, graphics look fine so far. But it isn't a CoD clone so guess that's why people are upset.
  47. Jun 15, 2011
    I bought DN Forever hoping for a real Duke experience following DN 3d. Wow! A great followup to the original with lots of cheek and attitude. I am sorry a lot of people expected something different. I see a lot of reviews wishing for a COD type experience. Too bad they missed the whole point and a lot of fun. This game delivers exactly as promised. If you expect the Duke then youI bought DN Forever hoping for a real Duke experience following DN 3d. Wow! A great followup to the original with lots of cheek and attitude. I am sorry a lot of people expected something different. I see a lot of reviews wishing for a COD type experience. Too bad they missed the whole point and a lot of fun. This game delivers exactly as promised. If you expect the Duke then you won't be disappointed. Expand
  48. Jun 15, 2011
    I've got to admit first that I followed this game for it's entire 14 years of development. However I'd like to point out that I'm also aware that this Build of the game didn't take 14 years to make, it took 5. Remember that DNF was scrapped several times until it's final attempt to make it.

That said, I went on to play the game for the first time with really high expectations, the highest possible. And yes, the game didn't meet them, of course. Nothing can meet such hype and expectation built for over a decade.

Still the game managed to keep me entertained throughout it's entirety and even had me rolling on the floor laughing. The game IS fun. You only need to know that this isn't supposed to be the second coming of Christ. It's a funny enjoyable game.

It has it's flaws, yes. Like the linearity, sometimes empty rooms, and so on. Still, for me, the good out weighed the bad. I'm one of the lucky people that had fun with the game and didn't finish it in disappointment. I'd like to say thank you to everyone that made this game possible. I sure had a blast playing it and I know I'll keep on trying to find more secrets and references. Get the game! Don't let the bad reviews discourage you. It's cool to talk trash about Duke Forever on every review, but you don't have to be like that. You have a mind of your own. Try the game, and then make up your own opinion about it. HAVE FUN!
  49. Jun 15, 2011
    I used to semi value both IGN and Gamespot's reviews of games...but seriously who paid them off? Either that or their staff is composed of kids fresh out of high school that just don't "get it". Regardless of what all the naysayers are saying, DNF is a fun romp with an old friend. Those who are hung up on terms of revolutionary and ground breaking are on some serious mind altering drugs.I used to semi value both IGN and Gamespot's reviews of games...but seriously who paid them off? Either that or their staff is composed of kids fresh out of high school that just don't "get it". Regardless of what all the naysayers are saying, DNF is a fun romp with an old friend. Those who are hung up on terms of revolutionary and ground breaking are on some serious mind altering drugs. This game was meant to "just be done" - we didn't care about new fangled stuff...just wanted it to happen. I've played enough of it to know they did try to care about what they were doing. All these retards saying stuff about 14 years in development are really showing their stupidity. Gearbox etc. JUST began working on it within the last couple of years...that's ALL of the "development time" spent. Dear God, please save some of us from all of the stupidity in this world. IGN and GAMESPOT...FOR SHAME. Expand
  50. Jun 15, 2011
    DavoX got it EXACTLY RIGHT...read his review for an honest opinion from a non sheeple. IGN and GAMESPOT...you have lost all credibility with me after over 10 years of agreeing with most of your reviews and respecting your input. You both obviously are spineless. Having said that...DNF is exactly what I was expecting in the game. Nothing groundbreaking or blah blah, but a hell of a lot ofDavoX got it EXACTLY RIGHT...read his review for an honest opinion from a non sheeple. IGN and GAMESPOT...you have lost all credibility with me after over 10 years of agreeing with most of your reviews and respecting your input. You both obviously are spineless. Having said that...DNF is exactly what I was expecting in the game. Nothing groundbreaking or blah blah, but a hell of a lot of fun. Thoroughly enjoyed it and pity to all those who won't play it now because of all the sheeple reviews. Expand
  51. Jun 15, 2011
    As an aging gamer, I still recall the amount of time spent at lan parties with other friends playing duke 3-D. Although the duke took 12 years to come back, I found that it was everything that I would've expected from the series. The nostalgia flooded memories of all the great one-liners and all the little things that were similar and improved upon since the last game found myselfAs an aging gamer, I still recall the amount of time spent at lan parties with other friends playing duke 3-D. Although the duke took 12 years to come back, I found that it was everything that I would've expected from the series. The nostalgia flooded memories of all the great one-liners and all the little things that were similar and improved upon since the last game found myself enthralled. I fully recommend this game to my friends if only for the script. I only found a few things lacking but they never took away from the enjoyment for me personally. I had found myself wishing for the old 1-9 weapon scheme, and med-kits, the level design was excellent and reminded me of the old days, just so much nicer. I'll admit without at least having played the first game some of the effect will be lost, however, for any gamer it's worth the play through to see how it all turned out. Expand
  52. Jun 15, 2011
    I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm not sure why it is receiving so many negative reviews. I am sincerely happy that it has finally been released. It may not be perfect, but no game is and it was exactly how I hoped it would be. I wasn't expecting next-gen graphics or anything like that because I understand that it's a little old and if it wasn't for Gearbox it wouldn't have seen the light ofI thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm not sure why it is receiving so many negative reviews. I am sincerely happy that it has finally been released. It may not be perfect, but no game is and it was exactly how I hoped it would be. I wasn't expecting next-gen graphics or anything like that because I understand that it's a little old and if it wasn't for Gearbox it wouldn't have seen the light of day. It's certainly better than the campaign in CoD: Black Ops and I'm even having fun in the multiplayer. I will be recommending it to all my friends that are fans. :) Expand
  53. Jun 15, 2011
    The only disadvantage of this Duke incarnation is that it's too short. Anything else is a pure fun. Hope that Gearbox keeps on working on the next sequel.
  54. Jun 16, 2011
    Sort these user reviews by rating and take a close look at all the reds. Look at all the intelligent comments posted there such as "graphics" ...as if graphics are what makes a game fun. Guess all these enlightened people would not enjoy a game like Plants vs Zombies due to the lack of bleeding edge graphics. Those who mention graphics about ANY game - you are completely stupid - noSort these user reviews by rating and take a close look at all the reds. Look at all the intelligent comments posted there such as "graphics" ...as if graphics are what makes a game fun. Guess all these enlightened people would not enjoy a game like Plants vs Zombies due to the lack of bleeding edge graphics. Those who mention graphics about ANY game - you are completely stupid - no seriously you need to get off the internet. DNF is FUN - it's childish, immature, crass, exactly what I was expecting. Yeah it's linear...so was Black Ops main campaign...but it managed to get "good reviews" by IGN and Gamespot...the spineless reviewers that they are. DNF is fun for those who know what they are getting into ahead of time...I will for sure be replaying it and hope to enjoy the multiplayer - esp. capture the babe for as long as a few faithful players hang around for it. In closing...those of you who claim to have a brain in your head, read all the red comments and see how lacking of substance they are...obviously written by 6 year old kids during their lunch breaks at school and their source of information came from some emo waste of life. Thanks to all the negative reviews, a lot of money that might have gone to a future project that might have had more updated features will probably never happen. Thanks, you brainless f*cktards. Expand
  55. Jun 17, 2011
    It is Duke lot of fun to play you should definitely try it! Yes the graphics are not the best but still up to date, there is a couple of part which is challenging but hey in 90s that was all about hard as hell games.
  56. Jun 17, 2011
    ***HERE IS MY HONEST REVIEW OF DNF***

Please take time to read this, it's an honest input from me about this game based on what I have played thus far: This game is not ground breaking or *insert something here to make it sound like I'm intelligent when it comes to what makes games good* The game turned out to be exactly what I was hoping...a romp with an old friend. There is nothing
    ***HERE IS MY HONEST REVIEW OF DNF***

The game turned out to be exactly what I was hoping...a romp with an old friend. There is nothing new in the gameplay but that doesn't mean the game isn't fun. There are puzzles to solve to break up the pacing - the best way for me to describe it would be...similar to Half Life 2's puzzles. If you liked HL2 then you should like DNF. I honestly believe people had their minds already made up regardless of how the game actually turned out. I have lost all respect whatsoever for both IGN and Gamespot concerning their objectivity reviewing games. Any retard can read through the reviews and see there isn't any substance to their ****

1. Graphics (FFS graphics are NOT what makes a game FUN to play)
    2. Linear (yeah BO single player wasn't linear)
    3. "only can use 2 weapons at a time" (God forbid you had to use a little strategy on what weapons to use on the current level you are on...let's just load up a UT weapons locker with full ammo and all weapons for the strategically challenged)

It's been interesting watching all the hate pouring out from people and no substance in their arguments. (Of course if graphics and non linear and all weapons allowed are what makes a great game, then yes, their arguments have "substance")

I have yet to encounter any crashing, glitches, gotten stuck anywhere...it has played smoothly and I'm about 6 hours into it which means about halfway according to others who have completed it already.

Duke is as crass as ever...there's a bunch of new 1-liners that crack me up...plenty of potty humor, nudity etc. so if the first duke offended then this one isn't for you. I absolutely can see me playing this through at least a couple more times...but that is just a random opinion. If I honestly thought the game sucked I would provide criticism that actually made sense and based on personal experience...not input from some 8 year old emo kid who writes gaming reviews based on information a 2nd cousin gave during recess at school.
  57. Jun 17, 2011
    This game is a blast from the past... feels and plays like a game from the 90s and brings back fun to gaming... and while at times may be a little sexiest its just a blast to play worth every penny....
    not to mention multiplayer is **** awesome
  58. Jun 17, 2011
    I do not understand the hate for this title, as for me it is literally perfect.
    I'm sick and tired of CoD, and the world needed Duke, and when the world gets Duke, they complain? Well not me, I give this game a perfect 10, simply because it deserves it.
    I do not understand the hate for this title, as for me it is literally perfect.
    The graphics and sound are not phenomenal, but I have no problem with them, as it as Jon St John voicing Duke, an amazing version of grabbag, and that the graphics engine still holds up well today (its a dated engine, but still looks great, check it out.)
    The gameplay is a lot like Duke Nukem 3D, which is what the fans wanted, except this time round it's got a modern twist, for the better.
    Regenerating health is a GOOD addition, because without it, the game would be IMPOSSIBLE.
    So yes, a perfect 10, welcome back Duke.

Always bet on Duke.
  59. Jun 18, 2011
    I mean I hear the game is fun in both gameplay and concept, thats probably why everyone hated it. The world is colorful, and there is plenty of humor. One of the ideas that I haven't seen anyone talking about are the teleporting enemies. I mean it's a nice spin on the standard AI that involves shoot, hide behind cover, shoot.
  60. Jun 18, 2011
    Great game. Funny and entertaining. Some minor problems don't ruin the experience, even if you include the dated graphics into the equation. Duke can only take two weapons with him this time, but that's hardly gamebreaking. Irreverent Duke stuff, jokes and punchs are back and better than ever.

Hail to the King. This game it's a piece of gaming history!
  61. Jun 18, 2011
    ive hear alot of negative reviews on this game and i hesitated on buying it. but after reading PC gamers review i decided to pull the trigger on the purchase. a big issue i heard about were its gfx. and after booting it up i was surprised that the gfx were not bad at all. in fact they were great. only time i noticed poor graphics was when i passed in front of a mirror the reflection ofive hear alot of negative reviews on this game and i hesitated on buying it. but after reading PC gamers review i decided to pull the trigger on the purchase. a big issue i heard about were its gfx. and after booting it up i was surprised that the gfx were not bad at all. in fact they were great. only time i noticed poor graphics was when i passed in front of a mirror the reflection of duke was a bit jaggy. but who cares? i enjoyed the physics in the game also. level design i was okay with, character models all looked great, and the humor was more than enjoyable, if anything i just wished there was a little more of it. people slam the game for not being groundbreaking and setting new trends, but what it comes down to is that this is a duke game. and i think it was a great effort. it sure felt like a duke nukem to me. and thats what were really buying here isnt it? a Duke experience? im glad the game finally hit shelves at all to be honest. could it have been better? sure, but it defiantly could have been worse. and i hear the game is selling well despite the reviews, so hopefully this will fuel a swift sequel that will address some of the issues people are having problems with. If you want a fun game and are not expecting it to "change the way we play fps's" then this is a safe buy, especially if your an old school duke fan. and its a bit linear, but no more or less than Dn3d Expand
  62. Jun 18, 2011
    Old fashion gameplay, but seems original compared to actual standards.

Old school players who have partially forgotten (can they?) how games looked like, will appreciate a dive in the past. Graphics is more than acceptable, the game looks good and very fluid on my HD5870. Action changes from frenetic to exploration, whenever necessary. Duke irony is there and makes the game funny
    Old fashion gameplay, but seems original compared to actual standards.

Action changes from frenetic to exploration, whenever necessary.

Duke irony is there and makes the game funny also.

Real vote should be around 7 but I have to give 10 to balance the trolls who put 2.
  63. Jun 18, 2011
    I'm not sure what people were expecting. DNF may not be GOTY, but it's a fun, funny game. In today's FPS environment of Gear of Honor Duty, it's kind of nice to, you know... Laugh once in a while? Get the PC version to avoid load-time issues, and have a blast with Duke.
  64. Jun 19, 2011
    It appears a Special Interest group, "Women's Media Center" took offense to Duke Nukem and falsified reports in a viral attack at the games release. Proof Below*. Duke Nukem Forever takes everything that is wrong with the world and brilliantly slaps it in the face with humor. The game is non-stop hilarity, and the only people who don't like the game are obviously offended by the jokes.It appears a Special Interest group, "Women's Media Center" took offense to Duke Nukem and falsified reports in a viral attack at the games release. Proof Below*. Duke Nukem Forever takes everything that is wrong with the world and brilliantly slaps it in the face with humor. The game is non-stop hilarity, and the only people who don't like the game are obviously offended by the jokes. Maybe the offended never studied parody, but Duke Nukem Forever is a shining example of the ancient art form. I can't wait for a sequel or more games that lighten up a little like Duke Nukem and Shadow Warrior. If you are offended by Duke Nukem, maybe it is because the joke is on you and the ridiculous facades you defend, such as the proof given. *Proof: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/03/25/duke-nukem-dustup-games-capture-babe-mode-players-slapping-women/
    Those lies from the Womens Center aside, the game is beautiful, the boss battles are so EPIC they beat out Zelda games, the action is well paced, and every corner nook and cranny is crammed with video game parody or just outright making fun of other video games. And if the Women's Center thinks men become derogatory to women because of a funny video game, maybe they should have helped Jack Thompson in his crusade that said everyone who plays a video game will become a mass murderer, or helped the movement against movies or music decades ago that have been proved false.
  65. Jun 20, 2011
    Man why does everyone seem to think a game has to have PHOTO REALISTIC GRAPHICS and REALISTIC GAMEPLAY
    go the f*** back to duke nukem on the PS1, hell even play duke 3D!!!! go through it, come back then write a review based on the game and NOT A GOD DAMN COMPARISON!!!! a review should NOT BE A COMPARISON TO "MODERN SHOOTERS" aka the norm!!! This game is following what 'was' the norm back in the day when games didn't die as regularly as they popped up >:( back when games actually meant something and were a HUGE achievement to actually get someone to publish it.
  66. Jun 20, 2011
    My real score for this game is 8/10. I'm putting it down as 10 as there are an insane number of 0, or 1, or excessively negative reviews for this game, and it's totally messing up the score.

The PC version of this game does not have texture problems, the graphics are not "from 2003". They look a couple of years out of date but are tidy and professional. The game has a slow start, with perhaps the weaker level design at the beginning, but the rest of the game has much more interesting design and fun levels. The game is more linear and easy than it's predecessor, which in my view is good. Hunting for key-cards and med-kits makes the game much slower, so the better pacing improved the game-play. The two-weapon limit was disappointing.

The game is decent, fun, no more offensive than it's predecessor, and is simply part of a wider media crucifixion. Any review which gives the PC version of this game less than 5/10 is simply not being objective and should be dismissed.
  67. Jun 20, 2011
    great! Great!!! Great!!great! Great!!! Great!!great! Great!!! Great!!great! Great!!! Great!!great! Great!!! Great!!great! Great!!! Great!!great! Great!!! Great!!great! Great!!! Great!!great! Great!!! Great!!
  68. Jun 21, 2011
    Duke, The King, It's A Nomber One. After twelve years, it finally came to us! I waited for this since the Duke Nukem 3D. This game is some kind of nostalgia returner, you just playing it and feeling something wonderful that make you feel yourself like in goood-oooold times, that's right. Hail To The King, baby!
  69. Jun 22, 2011
    The fact that they finally made a CHALLENGING game, blew me away. Duke Nukem Forever is one of my favorite games of the last decade. This game did things the old school way, they made it hard to beat, it required actual skill. Call if clunky if you want, if you can't deal with it, obviously your not good at video games, and you can rage your way back to that Call Of Duty series. The lastThe fact that they finally made a CHALLENGING game, blew me away. Duke Nukem Forever is one of my favorite games of the last decade. This game did things the old school way, they made it hard to beat, it required actual skill. Call if clunky if you want, if you can't deal with it, obviously your not good at video games, and you can rage your way back to that Call Of Duty series. The last time I played a game with this kind of feel was on the Nintendo 64, and thats not a bad thing. I throughly enjoyed it in everyway. Even though it could have been a bit more epic than it ended up being, hell it was Duke Nukem! And it was hiliarious in the sense of just plain ridiculousness. Also while playing the game, it gave you more of the sense that you were actually Duke Nukem. Sequences where he did executions and fell down due to explosions made most first person shooters for me seem uneventful. I want to say job well done on Duke Nukem Forever, and like Duke says, power armor is for **** Expand
  70. Jun 23, 2011
    I love this game. Just like the original game Duke steps outside the box; world interaction, great game play, and classic quotes; its a game that can be played over and over and I still laugh. When you're ready for some fun gaming in your downtime this is it! Come get some.
  71. Jun 25, 2011
    Despite the poor reviews, I'm celebrating the delayed-by-14-years release of Duke Nukem Forever. IMHO, the game is a riot and the most fun I've had with a FPS in a long time. Welcome back Duke!
  72. Jun 27, 2011
    The reviewers have just taken cheap shots against an easy target. It's a barrel of fun, loads of variety, within an hour of play you will have done all sorts of novel things (avoiding spoilers ya see), it's fast and furious and full of entertainment. It's loads of larffs and way more interesting than another crushingly dull, self important CoD clone. Buy it, it's a gas. It's not theThe reviewers have just taken cheap shots against an easy target. It's a barrel of fun, loads of variety, within an hour of play you will have done all sorts of novel things (avoiding spoilers ya see), it's fast and furious and full of entertainment. It's loads of larffs and way more interesting than another crushingly dull, self important CoD clone. Buy it, it's a gas. It's not the best game ever, but the reviews are just wrong Expand
  73. Jun 27, 2011
    Great game, all though it feels like old build it was still very enjoyable and well worth the 15 year wait :)

Please make another soon, i dont want to wait 15 years this time :P
  74. Jun 27, 2011
    Everyone has a different opinion . I think you should get a free demo and then if you like it buy the game. SIMPLE!!!! I dont even have the game! i just thought the reviews looked terible.
  75. Jun 27, 2011
    Now,, I heard all the haters and gripers out there....I bought it anyway out of love for the game...The game isnt this big deep plot with tons of characters and blah blah blah.,,,whatever.... what it is ,,, a throwback to fun shooters like serious sam... lot of people didnt like serious sam,,, i loved it.... cuz my mood dictates the game i want to play... i still have thief 2 on my olderNow,, I heard all the haters and gripers out there....I bought it anyway out of love for the game...The game isnt this big deep plot with tons of characters and blah blah blah.,,,whatever.... what it is ,,, a throwback to fun shooters like serious sam... lot of people didnt like serious sam,,, i loved it.... cuz my mood dictates the game i want to play... i still have thief 2 on my older computer..... dead space and mass effect bore the hell out of me... but they were suppose to be this great thingy blah blah blah,,,, add nauseum.... Look Duke Nukem Forever was made out of love and Im personally glad... there is some great levels and not so great levels.... I love the hookers and sex and fart jokes... where can i get more games like that... i dont want serious crap all the time....I loved leasure suit larry cum laude where he tried to bang all the chicks,,, drank and got drunk ,,, and had a lotta fun.......... guess what all the deep people that needed to be challenged didnt care for that one either... i played it for weeks,,, getting the girls finally naked and playing quarters... sure its juvenile,, but i want escape from all the seriousness of life............... is short.. It was fun...i would buy it again in a heartbeat.... as for the haters... different games for different people and their moods Expand
  76. Jul 2, 2011
    Not sure why the reviewers are trashing the game, think has something to do with them not recieving advanced copies to review. I found the entire game entertaining, and not sure what people are playing when they say its boring, theres alot more fun content in this game compared to most FPS shooters I've played of late. I hope to see a level editor or a followup game to this franchise soon.
  77. Jul 7, 2011
    I'm still rubbing my eyes in disbelief. Duke Nukem Forever is one of the funniest games of the last times. Sure it's graphically outdated, as it was Duke Nukem 3D back in 1996, but it's still very fun to play, varied, and maintains the old-school shooter scent in every single pixel. It has a couple of drawbacks inherited from modern shooters: autoregeneration and only a couple of weapons.I'm still rubbing my eyes in disbelief. Duke Nukem Forever is one of the funniest games of the last times. Sure it's graphically outdated, as it was Duke Nukem 3D back in 1996, but it's still very fun to play, varied, and maintains the old-school shooter scent in every single pixel. It has a couple of drawbacks inherited from modern shooters: autoregeneration and only a couple of weapons. Everything else is pretty fun. The Duke doesn't deserve so much bad criticisms. Expand
  78. Jul 11, 2011
    The positive reviews must have been written by employees of the program designers. Its the worst $44 ever spent on a game. The 1 min spent each time you re-spawn is awful, especially if your a bad player. and you die often. On the positive side and there are very few, its a good story and the graphics are fun.
    Do not waste money on this game, wait until its available in Wallmart for $4.95.
  79. Aug 1, 2011
    If your first game ever was Doom or Duke Nukem 3D, or even something more ancient, you will love this one! But if your first game was Halo or Call of Duty, better stay away.
  80. Aug 3, 2011
    The game is a romp...its fun and that was the way it was meant to be...the same as its predecessor. The problem is with the lead up time. The more time to release the game, the more hype, the greater the expectations. I am old enough to remember DN3D and how the magazines at the time ferociously attacked it for all (or at least most) of the same reasons as they scorn DNF. Now DN3D isThe game is a romp...its fun and that was the way it was meant to be...the same as its predecessor. The problem is with the lead up time. The more time to release the game, the more hype, the greater the expectations. I am old enough to remember DN3D and how the magazines at the time ferociously attacked it for all (or at least most) of the same reasons as they scorn DNF. Now DN3D is considered a classic. DN3D never tried to be superior to other games of the time (Doom, Quake) it just tried to be FUN...and the mags hated it for its political incorrectness and the graphics (technology) not being top notch. Just play the game the way it's meant to be played, laugh at the situations/jokes (yes they are meant to be crass, over the top, silly and most importantly politically incorrect) and just have fun....and by the way I love it. Expand
  81. Aug 12, 2011
    Awesome followup of the original. Without getting in the middle of the drama that is giving this game bad reviews I'll say not recommended for juveniles, there's extreme grotesqueness and swearing. If you want the full experience it should be played on a very large monitor, I played it fullscreen 1080P core i7 and 5870 and rocked through every minute of it. I was really surprized that whenAwesome followup of the original. Without getting in the middle of the drama that is giving this game bad reviews I'll say not recommended for juveniles, there's extreme grotesqueness and swearing. If you want the full experience it should be played on a very large monitor, I played it fullscreen 1080P core i7 and 5870 and rocked through every minute of it. I was really surprized that when I went into video settings, 1080P was recognized in-game. The casino was greatly detailed, there were quite a few maps of it, the stripclub, and the remote truck as well as other neat stuff. Didn't like the drawnout stretch of shrink as often as it was but every part of the game was thought through and given detail. The smoothness of the game was great, the difficulty had artificial intelligence built-in to govern gameplay dynamics, which gave respect to the control system of the original game, FPS. I'm giving it a 10 for a game that expands upon previous steps up in fps gameplay, The **** looked real. The faces were right-on for a game, great detail with smoothness. The faces were obviously not meant to look real, doll-like really, but I imagine giving one much detail would lead to not only an artist costs, but higher model expectations as well. It was great to reminisce on, I unlocked all maps in about 3 days of hardcore play on next up from easy. Expand
  82. Aug 12, 2011
    I dont know why everone ranked this game so low! Ive been playing these games for years and granted that the game has come out years late it was a great game. If you expected a deep dramatic storyline then you never played the last duke. It was an action game with funny one liners and **** It was great. I liked it and cant wait for the next duke. I dont know what could have made the levelsI dont know why everone ranked this game so low! Ive been playing these games for years and granted that the game has come out years late it was a great game. If you expected a deep dramatic storyline then you never played the last duke. It was an action game with funny one liners and **** It was great. I liked it and cant wait for the next duke. I dont know what could have made the levels boring. You could interact with tons of stuff and there was random eye candy placed around the all the levels. I thought it was a good game and I had a fun time playing it throughout. Expand
  83. Aug 20, 2011
    Hail to the King Baby
    "Don't be fooled by others!" "killed by hype?"
    - Unbaised Review Graphics 8/10 - The graphics could be better but only a little, but for a Unreal 2.5 Engine, if you max it out, it is pretty ground breaking. Storyline 9/10 - The one liners that made the previous Duke Nukem games so funny are back, it needs a little more of them, and the story is your over the top
    Hail to the King Baby
    "Don't be fooled by others!" "killed by hype?"

- Unbaised Review

Storyline 9/10 - The one liners that made the previous Duke Nukem games so funny are back, it needs a little more of them, and the story is your over the top cliche american macho man, saving the world. But its represented in that humerous way that will win you over, you may even shed a few tears. (specially with the Holsom Twins RIP) :(

Level Design 10/10 - Some people say the level design is a bit bland, far from it, It borrows from the half-life franchise, on puzzles ,ect and the Rat size levels are just brilliant and funny, It may be copying but it works really well.

Multiplayer 6/10 - The multi-player is pretty sound, if your willing to over look the flaws, theres a server browser though it might as well be matchmaking since of the lag and lack of dedicated servers.
    Unbais 8.0/10 My opinion 9.5/10.
  84. Aug 20, 2011
    This game does not deserve all these zeroes. It is a good game with solid multi-player and single-player experiences. lots of hype ruined this game for many but to me the hype only made it better. humorous dialogue, good level design and solid game-play make this game a 10/10
  85. Sep 11, 2011
    In the an age of combat simulation games, RPG-Shooters and Endless multiplayers, Duke Nukem comes back witht he same formula that made it famous 15 years ago. Most younger players will not understand this game and have underated it, so much hype for so many years caused many to be dissapointed, but if you know how games were back in the day and liked the original one, you are surely goingIn the an age of combat simulation games, RPG-Shooters and Endless multiplayers, Duke Nukem comes back witht he same formula that made it famous 15 years ago. Most younger players will not understand this game and have underated it, so much hype for so many years caused many to be dissapointed, but if you know how games were back in the day and liked the original one, you are surely going to enjoy this one. I already finished it and I loved it, the humor is there, the babes are there and the irreverent duke we all love and miss. Yes, sometimes the game has some slow paced moments and a couple of the puzzles are not that fun, but the rest is great specially the boss encounters. So what do you expect from a game that is coming back from the 90s? a 90s like style game! if you are ok with that you are gonna like this one , no matter what people say. Way to go DN I can't wait for a sequel! Expand
  86. Mar 29, 2013
    A great classic Duke romp. The reason it gets so much hate, is because expecations are far too high because of the very extended dev time. This is a triple A game and deserves that respect. Great fun. decent graphics by todays standards.
  87. Nov 20, 2011
    This game is extremelly underrated. The single player campaign has some fantastic levels and the multiplayer is VERY fun! Sure it wasn't worth the wait but it is fun none the less. Can't wait for the sequel!
  88. Nov 27, 2011
    Duke in great shape. The game is gorgeous. Duke really proved that he is the best. And do not be evaluated on a game console versions - it is really difficult game despite the health regeneration. Critics too have lowered the assessment game. Actual game is nothing new to the genre did not produce, it's just a continuation. Critics say that the game was supposed to bring a new revolutionDuke in great shape. The game is gorgeous. Duke really proved that he is the best. And do not be evaluated on a game console versions - it is really difficult game despite the health regeneration. Critics too have lowered the assessment game. Actual game is nothing new to the genre did not produce, it's just a continuation. Critics say that the game was supposed to bring a new revolution in the genre, but for some reason, with the release of the new Call of Duty assessment is still high, and nothing new to the genre they do not bring. Expand
  89. Dec 12, 2011
    This sequel is much more superior to the third game. The graphics are updated, the gunplay is better and the comedy is spot-on. The first three games were just bad because of the graphics. I couldn't even see the character in the Duke Nukem 3D unless you went to certain areas like a toilet, the graphics were THAT BAD. My favourite part of the game is when you have to make up a plan to takeThis sequel is much more superior to the third game. The graphics are updated, the gunplay is better and the comedy is spot-on. The first three games were just bad because of the graphics. I couldn't even see the character in the Duke Nukem 3D unless you went to certain areas like a toilet, the graphics were THAT BAD. My favourite part of the game is when you have to make up a plan to take down the T-Rex thing and you draw it on the whiteboard. Anybody who hates DooM and Quake will definately love this. Expand
  90. Dec 15, 2011
    This game is one of the greatest playing experiences i have had in a long time. It's a game that's not serious and it knows it. There is a lot of variety in the missions and even though the story is not deep at all it's told in an awesome way!!! HAIL TO THE KING BABY!!!
  91. Dec 22, 2011
    Awesome game, very good graphics, and very humorist, definitely buy this game that is the sequel to the classic game Duke Nukem. AWESOME GAME, DUKE NUKEM FOREVER
  92. Jan 10, 2012
    Duke Nukem Forever is not a great game, nor is it a bad game, it is just FINE. It does not deserve all the harsh reviews it's getting, it deserves a 8.5/10 maximum and a 6.5/10 minimum any reviews that rate it below 6.5 are completely unfair and should not be noted. Duke Nukem Forever is just FINE. Dedicated Fans of the series will love this game regardless of the reviews.
  93. Jan 16, 2012
    First of all this game aint a 10. 7 or 8 i would give it but it is just to get the score abit up, couse i honestly dont believe the game desevers such a bad score. i have played the campain for about 5 hours now and im having fun, waaaaaaaaaay more fun than i had in any other fps campain since HL like all the cod and bf games. i actually have to think a little bit here unlike cod etc. andFirst of all this game aint a 10. 7 or 8 i would give it but it is just to get the score abit up, couse i honestly dont believe the game desevers such a bad score. i have played the campain for about 5 hours now and im having fun, waaaaaaaaaay more fun than i had in any other fps campain since HL like all the cod and bf games. i actually have to think a little bit here unlike cod etc. and sure they might look a bit better but tbh i think DNF look pretty decent. and it has humor might be on-liners but it is duke ffs. All in all its not groundbraeking but only bf3 multiplayer can be called groundbraking.. every other games are just the same with new maps etc. If you want to try something abit different and like half life or postal then buy it and its so cheap atm. my Expand
  94. Mar 3, 2012
    one of the best games i have ever played. it breaks from the standard action game trend of "making you the hero" and gives the hero an actual personality and makes you feel like a straight up bad ass. environments,weapons and enemies are creative and varied as well as gameplay.the puns and jokes don't get old.the multiplayer seems well designed with a few modes and the penthouse that youone of the best games i have ever played. it breaks from the standard action game trend of "making you the hero" and gives the hero an actual personality and makes you feel like a straight up bad ass. environments,weapons and enemies are creative and varied as well as gameplay.the puns and jokes don't get old.the multiplayer seems well designed with a few modes and the penthouse that you can decorate that goes along with multiplayer isn't a bad touch however multiplayer is an acquired taste. Expand
  95. May 4, 2012
    I don't understand the Critic's reviews. This has too much of a low rating. The fact that Duke Nukem 3D is meant to be appreciated and understood first before playing Forever, the reviews written have been pretty unfair. Duke Nukem Forever is a great game, amazing graphics and has kept the ideas coming of funny monsters, easy gameplay, great jokes and lots of fun. I recommend it to everyone.
  96. Apr 10, 2012
    CLASSIC! FOR THOSE OF USE WHO STILL LIKE OLD SCHOOL GAMING! It was a perfect blend of classic duke gameplay with nextgen tech. You can tell someone put some time into this title, unlike so many other games out there. I'm not complaining! And for all of those who are, better not let the Duke here ya!
  97. Jul 31, 2012
    Definitely a good **** shooter! Yeah, yeah, I know it took like 15 years to release it and the game could have been better, but **** Do you people have any idea what 3D Realms had to go through to release this **** game? I accept it as it is because it is still a good game, it's a refreshing shooter because it isn't too modern for me like most shooters being released nowadays.
    And 3D
    And 3D Realms are still releasing patches till this day to improve what they can, you can carry more guns, more graphics options, and increased performance and much more goodies.
    People, please don't be so **** close minded.
  98. Jun 3, 2012
    An interesting game, in my opinion better than the project 15 years ago, recently bought a CD with a retro - games, all set and the first thing started to play Duke Nukem 3D, graphics are not terrible, and the plot, or what I do not understand
  99. Nov 13, 2012
    Duke Nukem Forever is a nod to the heyday of 1990 gaming. Fans of the franchise should enjoy and appreciate the game for what it is, everyone else will either love it or hate it. GearBox got the game right, the problem is the game industry has changed and many people will be unwilling to accept Duke Nukem's rude, crude, misogynist attitude. In my eyes, this game is perfect.
  100. Jul 17, 2012
    Das Spiel ist einfach richtig funny , ich mag den multiplayer sehr :) der einzelplayer ist auch ganz gut :)
    aber mir fehlt im spiel die gewisse würze darum vergebe ich dem Spiel 7 Gute Punkte :)

1. Sep 12, 2011
    Duke Nukem Forever would be quite decent if one felt entirely certain it's intended purely as a self-parody. As is, it doesn't do the expectations, the buyer or the Duke justice – oh, had he rather remained a vaporware legend!
  2. Aug 6, 2011
    Petty, nasty and anachronistic. Duke is only relevant as a warning from the past. Avoid these mistakes, developers. [Aug 2011, p.76]
  3. Aug 1, 2011
    Bottom line: Duke Nukem Forever was not worth the 15-year wait, nor is it worth paying the full $50. However, I cannot deny that I thought it was both fun and funny, which at the end of the day is what this franchise is all about.