4.6

1. Dec 27, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While Dungeon Siege 3 certainly is a departure from its hardcore RPG predecessors, it still has many redeeming features. The graphics and performance are fantastic; I never experienced any choppiness, glitches, or crashes. The music and sounds are also very well done; they sounded exceptionally rich and boomy on my Z906 speakers. It works well with Steam for the multiplayer features--that is, when Steam isn't having problems of its own. Finally, the characters and story weren't as trite as one might think given the general dumbing down of the gameplay; I actually found it quite engaging and relished in the chance to strike down Jeyne Kassynder at the end. But the game certainly has a number of problems and short-comings. I feel that the biggest of those is the interface and some of the gameplay mechanics. I almost gave up early on due to the difficulty of using spells (some spells require you to hold down three keys at once), camera restrictions (especially in co-op), and the general clumsiness of the whole interface. One can get used to these drawbacks, but it's never enjoyed. Also a big problem was the lack of character development options; the characters really have little room to deviate given the limited skill choices. And one thing that really just annoyed me was the non-standard item attributes that had no explanation; Doom sounds cool but that doesn't really tell you what it does. In summary, DS3 is definitely worth playing if you're hankering for a co-op RPG and have already played all the rest. But given the choice between DS3 and DS2, I'd suggest the latter first. Expand
  2. Jun 21, 2011
    Although the environments look nice, that is where the improvements upon the previous title ends. In fact, this game really does not feel like part of the dungeon siege series at all. This game is a textbook example of a console port gone wrong. The controls and camera angles are awkward, there is no way to change your key settings (for those who are left handed or just prefer differentAlthough the environments look nice, that is where the improvements upon the previous title ends. In fact, this game really does not feel like part of the dungeon siege series at all. This game is a textbook example of a console port gone wrong. The controls and camera angles are awkward, there is no way to change your key settings (for those who are left handed or just prefer different keys), and the targeting system is a turn and face type setup, rather than a point and click. Makes you wonder why they bothered to release this game for the PC at all. In terms of the RPG elements, the first setback is character creation. There is none. You must pick from a cast of 4 characters. There are 9 skills for each character with about 2 of them that are actually useful. Upon leveling you are forced to spend your skill points, which not only breaks up the pace of the game, but doesn't allow you to save up points for later use (ie in a better skill). Items are dull, there are no sets or set bonuses and there are no interesting properties beyond a few attributes and damage modifiers (fire, lightning, vampire). Armour and gear don't visually change your character's appearance much either. Overall a disappointing game for those who really enjoyed the previous two titles. Expand
  3. Jun 22, 2011
    I am unsure why there is so much negativity. pro: good graphics, doesn't crash, reasonable story.

cons: keyboard controls are awkward, can't change bindings. Long linear levels. I have had quite a bit of fun with this game. More than dragon age 2 which I have sort of given up on. I didn't have to pay full price and I am certainly getting my moneys worth out of it. It has been so long

cons: keyboard controls are awkward, can't change bindings. Long linear levels.

I have had quite a bit of fun with this game. More than dragon age 2 which I have sort of given up on. I didn't have to pay full price and I am certainly getting my moneys worth out of it. It has been so long since I played DS 1 and 2 I honestly can't remember them that well. Some people make out that they were great games, in my mind they were pretty average at best.
  4. Jun 25, 2011
    Having completed all three Dungeon Siege games, I can say that I like this one as much as DS2, but not as much as DS1. DS3 misses in a lot of places (controls being the primary), and as with Dragon Age 2, this game was not true to the original. This is not a dungeon crawler, since the maps have no areas to explore (everything is tied to being on a quest), and while this is a departure fromHaving completed all three Dungeon Siege games, I can say that I like this one as much as DS2, but not as much as DS1. DS3 misses in a lot of places (controls being the primary), and as with Dragon Age 2, this game was not true to the original. This is not a dungeon crawler, since the maps have no areas to explore (everything is tied to being on a quest), and while this is a departure from the original series, the game makes for a decent action-adventure; not a great one, but a decent one. When the game is run on a gampad, everything makes sense, and the action is smooth and sometimes frantic. The camera for this game is lacking, two-views were not enough to take me to my happy place, and with the quality of the models in the game I really wish I could have zoomed in more. The fixed character development, smacked of action-adventure games, and it really didn't help me get engaged with my toon. Loot was REALLY random, at level 6 I found a high-level orange gun at a vendor, I was able to equip it, and I used it all the way to endgame...The stats we easily gleaned from the retail price of the gear, so I felt no need to level my toon since they could use anything they found or bought, and I no reason to look at any loot below the price what I had equipped. The story was fine, and the boss fights were entertaining at normal and hard levels. This game is not a blockbuster, just a title that was released, had little thought put to it as a "PC Title", but had no bugs. Let's hope a patch comes out that allows people to overcome the controller issues.

Now for a SLAMMMMMMM!!!
    I can definitely say I will be avoiding any game Obsidian makes in the future, they have a 'special ability' with sequels that makes my stomach turn, and are a big reason behind Bioware/EA not releasing KOTOR 3 on it's own...Obsidian effectively killed the series with KOTOR2. Obsidian is clearly not on par with great design companies like Gas Powered Games (pausing for a moment of silence), and Bioware. If you didn't like DS3, tell Obsidian with your pocketbook. ABOUT PORTS:
    Not all ports are bad, but all ports had game pads in their past. To everyone out there complaining about the controls, you should consider buying an XB360 wired controller for your PC, they worked great in this game...Let's face it folks, many games get ported from consoles, and the only way to play these games is via the game pad. Mouse and keyboards are afterthoughts. If you don't like this don't buy console ports, or multi-platform released games (ones that share the release date with PC and consoles), because you will always be disappointed.

...and finally about misguided ratings...
    As for this game's ratings on meta-critic, the yays and nays are so off target that they are going to be ignored. If you rated a 10, but said something negative about the game, you blew it; and a 9 rating would have been hard to justify. If you rated this game less than a 3, then you are WAY off base...if you want to see a game that REALLY deserves a 3 or less, then look to Tenchu: Dark Secret for the DS or Bethesda's original Terminator game for PC (gives me shivvers just thinking back to those days). When you've played 1000's of games to completion...then you can start giving out scores from 3 to 0 and know that you where right in doing so.
  5. Jul 26, 2011
    No replayability. What would have been nice would be difficulty levels that required higher and higher levels and had increasingly better loot. This, to me, seems to be a requirements for hack n slash games these days. The stats are kinda boring and you're never sure what stat you should be focusing on. I generally equipped the most expensive piece of gear my character could wear. NowNo replayability. What would have been nice would be difficulty levels that required higher and higher levels and had increasingly better loot. This, to me, seems to be a requirements for hack n slash games these days. The stats are kinda boring and you're never sure what stat you should be focusing on. I generally equipped the most expensive piece of gear my character could wear. Now my biggest gripe: The controls for the PC are atrocious. Did they not look at diablo 2? I mean, c'mon Obsidian... You point and click on the ground and you move there... you point and click on an enemy and you attack them. How a game like this doesn't have this control scheme is mind boggling. Part of the problem of being a straight console port with no respect for PC gamers. Expand
  6. Jun 21, 2011
    Ok, it's a different developer. The GFX are passable, the game doesn't crash for me and you do kill lots of things by clicking on them.
    There, that's the good stuff. The bad stuff. Maaaaan.
    There, that's the good stuff. The bad stuff. Maaaaan.

1) Poor control options. Mouse is set up (and noner configurable) to the exact opposite of every other action RPG I have ever played (Titan Quest, WoW, Sacred, Diablo and all their sequels). A 360 controller works ok, but this is a PC game...geddit?
    2) Companion AI is TERRIBLE. If you play with a strategy in mind.. Tank, Heal, DPS whatever, then prepared for your AI companion to be hopeless. Pick a DPS/paper armour like Katerina, and expect to have to gain aggro with every mob you meet while you heavily armoured "tank" sidekick wanders around like an idiot on the periphery. If you play "Cecil" (the Tank character) then it's just about bearable, for any other class it takes whatever tiny little window of tactics this game had left and flushed them straight down the toilet.
    3) Multi-player. Go online and watch every one wanting to host and no-one wanting to join. Why? because you only progress in the game if you are the host! Obsidian? Seriously? in a game whose core attraction is constant progression, where levelling and improving is the very core gameplay mechanic of the genre....did you really think this was a smart move?

As a WoW player I had little interest in MP gaming with DS3 anyway. The dull "button mash" single player mechanic is a ruiner for me.

And don't get me on the horrible GUI, lack of inventory control, minimal character customization and mouse hunting during gameplay (very precise clicks are required to do real hardcore stuff like......save the game)

If the game had a decent one player mode OR a decent multiplayer mode I could have given it a 4 or 5 as a basic "button masher" for kiddies. But as it messes both of those up and lumbers them with a counter intuitive interface, then 2/10 is all I can offer. And I'm trying to remember why it deserves the second of those.
  7. Jul 2, 2011
    Whilst not a bad game in it's own right, Dungeon Siege III has little in common with it's predecessors apart from title. The game plays more like The Guardian of Light minus the puzzles and teamwork, with Mass Effect's dialogue system mashed in and the Dungeon Siege label slapped on for good measure. There's little to no character and party customisation which was widely featured in theWhilst not a bad game in it's own right, Dungeon Siege III has little in common with it's predecessors apart from title. The game plays more like The Guardian of Light minus the puzzles and teamwork, with Mass Effect's dialogue system mashed in and the Dungeon Siege label slapped on for good measure. There's little to no character and party customisation which was widely featured in the previous titles and while there are plenty of items, your character is basically restricted to preset armour and weapon types. Skill choices are limited; in fact you'll unlock all of the available skills for your character (9 total) roughly half-way through the game, though there is a bit of personalisation in this department with 2 separate talent sets per skill to pick between, along with a few passive talents for your character as well.

The game has few technical issues, the most outstanding being the abysmal PC controls. This is easily remedied with a game pad, however the fixed camera in multiplayer will leave you constantly fighting your co-op mates rather than, well...cooperating with them. Luckily this is less of an issue in single player, with a zoomed in third-person view also available that is unfortunately disabled in multiplayer.

Those going into the game with expectations that it would follow in the footsteps of it's predecessor will be left rightfully disappointed. However, Dungeon Siege III is a solid, if not simplistic, game; offering a fun single or multiplayer romp through the world of Ehb. Well, at least if you have a game pad.
  8. Oct 14, 2014
    The worst part of the series. Primitive console port, linear, lacking surprise. It should not have been titled Dungeon Siege. The disappointment surpassed the expectations.
  9. Jun 23, 2011
    My opinion is that most of these negative reviews are of jaded perceptions that hold little merit. Obsidian delivers another excellent "squeal". Yet here they are being stabbed with verbal abuse from the vast span of the internet! I beginning to feel sympathetic towards the gaming industry. It's a very competitive market. This is the world of entertainment nonetheless. Many groundbreakingMy opinion is that most of these negative reviews are of jaded perceptions that hold little merit. Obsidian delivers another excellent "squeal". Yet here they are being stabbed with verbal abuse from the vast span of the internet! I beginning to feel sympathetic towards the gaming industry. It's a very competitive market. This is the world of entertainment nonetheless. Many groundbreaking games have been released in the past, thus causing the individuals who play them to become quite spoiled. Now, I'm not one to say; "No you must like everything!" You can either dislike or like products. It is your choice, the law of freewill dictates this to us. Developers have a certain mindset, and usually they feel their methods are the correct way. There will be those who disagree, of course. They should be constructive with criticism and analysis. Not throw a fit a-la-Dragon age II, and become the next anti-corporate activist. Okay, maybe that was a little harsh, but I digress. On to Dungeon Siege III, the latest game in a trilogy of action-rpgs from the mind of Chris Taylor. Well, he consulted on this one! Whatever, his touch was there even if it was being lived vicariously through Obsidian. The combat is fast paced, the engine is streamlined and fluid, storyline immersion is present. Everything a rpg creme-de-la-Chris Taylor would have. Controls are bit wonky, the AI is clearly scripted, yet holds some level of difficulty. The level design is bit darkly artistic, but fits the theme. There's clearly a lack of mouthwatering abilities/skills. The co-op is slightly iffy, but doesn't ruin your experience. At least it shouldn't. It has multiplayer co-op, which works! Dungeon Siege II had some serious issues there back in 05/06. It's a well done action-rpg game, which though not incredibly stand-out from it's predecessor's it's worth the purchase and play. Even if your new to the series, try this game. Giving it a modest B rating. Expand
  10. Mar 26, 2012
    If you played the demo, you probably thought the same thing I did: this is looking like a pretty forgettable game. Honestly, the first hour or two really is I think, especially when you look at the price tag associated with this game. I was able to get this game and the two prequels for $9.99 on a Steam sale, so I was content to give it another shot. I think the biggest issue with thisIf you played the demo, you probably thought the same thing I did: this is looking like a pretty forgettable game. Honestly, the first hour or two really is I think, especially when you look at the price tag associated with this game. I was able to get this game and the two prequels for $9.99 on a Steam sale, so I was content to give it another shot. I think the biggest issue with this game is that it fails to grip you in those first 15 minutes. If you stick around longer than that, then maybe you've gotten to the first town. At around the 30 minute mark you should be walking up to your first dungeon, and consequently the first real challenge the game offers. It was right about there that I really began to enjoy the gameplay. Also, gamepad controls for this are much more superior than the PC controls imo. It just translates better. I think the media's review of the game at around a 70 average would have been fair, IF they hadn't released the game at full new game price. Honestly, I don't see the value there for it. Had they started off at $29.99, I think that would had gone over much better for the rest of us. As it stands, there's some good value here at a decent sale price of $19.99 if you are in the mood for a psudo-Diablo style RPG. If you can snag it for less, and you've enjoyed games of this genre before, I recommend picking this one up for sure. I'm giving it an 8/10 since I am thoroughly enjoying it now that I've got momentum going with it, but since this game has been voted down so bad by the user score I've decided to bump it up to 10/10 to influence the ranking a bit; I don't think it deserves less than 6. Anyway, snag this on sale at the next opportunity you can! Expand
  11. Jul 5, 2013
    Very underrated game in this genre. Sure it's multiplayer sucks with its restrictions, but as a single player game I found this game to be far more interesting than the likes of Diablo 3. I'm writing this review a long time after the game's release and I bought it on day one. You can easily find this game on the web for a ridiculously low price and it's worth more than every penny. TheVery underrated game in this genre. Sure it's multiplayer sucks with its restrictions, but as a single player game I found this game to be far more interesting than the likes of Diablo 3. I'm writing this review a long time after the game's release and I bought it on day one. You can easily find this game on the web for a ridiculously low price and it's worth more than every penny. The expansion was well planned out too. If you are a fan of ARPG games you owe it to yourself to at least give the single player a go. Expand
  12. Jul 1, 2011
    Bland, forgettable, generic: this is DS3. Ironically, on paper DS3 sounds good: nice combat, nice graphics, lots of loot, and a story with choices. In reality, the combat is clunky. Worst PC controls EVAR, no joke. The loot and inventory system is tedious. The story is hilarious in how seriously it takes itself...too bad nobody else takes it seriously. But at least the graphics are nice,Bland, forgettable, generic: this is DS3. Ironically, on paper DS3 sounds good: nice combat, nice graphics, lots of loot, and a story with choices. In reality, the combat is clunky. Worst PC controls EVAR, no joke. The loot and inventory system is tedious. The story is hilarious in how seriously it takes itself...too bad nobody else takes it seriously. But at least the graphics are nice, hah. Truth is Diablo 2, Titan's Quest, and Torchlight all do everything better. DS3 is just a throw-away game. A real shame too...it could have been something special. Expand
  13. Jun 27, 2011
    Dungeon Seige 3 shares little in common with the previous 2 games in the series other than it's name and the fact that there are some dungeons that need sieging. This game is more of a hack and slash action game like Gauntlet Legends or Legends of Norrath. I'm finding the single player story enjoyable since I happen to own a PC gamepad. The Keyboard and Mouse controls are aweful and itDungeon Seige 3 shares little in common with the previous 2 games in the series other than it's name and the fact that there are some dungeons that need sieging. This game is more of a hack and slash action game like Gauntlet Legends or Legends of Norrath. I'm finding the single player story enjoyable since I happen to own a PC gamepad. The Keyboard and Mouse controls are aweful and it seems like no one bothered to playtest how they worked. The online mode is terrible, with a top down shared camera that clutters the screen so much I often lose track of where my character is. The other downside is that you can't take your character into another person's game to earn loot and exp for yourself, playing online has you joining another person's story and you assuming control of one of the NPC players they have recruited, (and hope they choose some good skills). Expand
  14. Jul 19, 2011
    Sad it had to end this way Dungeon Siege. Such a shame the long awaited Dungeon Siege 3 was developed by another company into some stupid ass simple console RPG. After the many hours I spent playing Dungeon Siege 1 and 2, this game is extremely disappointing. But, we all saw it coming with a company like Obsidian plus console release. Oh well, RIP Dungeon Siege.
  15. Jul 4, 2011
    Dungeon Siege 3, although not a good as it's predecessors, is still a fun and enjoyable game to play. The arcade style controls makes it great for the console player, however, PC Gamers will not like the clunky, non configurable controls. Using a gamepad for the PC quickly solves the control issue, but some PC Gamers feel that this is a sin to do! The graphics on the game are betterDungeon Siege 3, although not a good as it's predecessors, is still a fun and enjoyable game to play. The arcade style controls makes it great for the console player, however, PC Gamers will not like the clunky, non configurable controls. Using a gamepad for the PC quickly solves the control issue, but some PC Gamers feel that this is a sin to do! The graphics on the game are better than any previous version. The loot system, as well as the inventory and item configuration leaves much to be desired. Constantly clicking on the right button (on the XBOX 360 controller for the PC) is a pain. There are some attributes gained from certain gear that needs some explanation also. Despite the flaws, Dungeon Siege 3 is an enjoyable game, but not a must have. Expand
  16. Jun 21, 2011
    terrible game and how PC gamer is sucking up saying the visuals are unmatched among dungeon crawlers is ignorant. compared to the previous two titles it deserves nothing of the franchise. controls are terrible, the flames look awful in the opening dungeon--it has none of the character or environment that gave the first dungeon siege its charm and replayability. I could rant for hoursterrible game and how PC gamer is sucking up saying the visuals are unmatched among dungeon crawlers is ignorant. compared to the previous two titles it deserves nothing of the franchise. controls are terrible, the flames look awful in the opening dungeon--it has none of the character or environment that gave the first dungeon siege its charm and replayability. I could rant for hours about this bad game but I think you get the drift Expand
  17. Oct 10, 2011
    if this game is not dungeon siege, it's actually OK. Despite the awkward control on PC, I found it actually quite enjoyable to play through. The story is well done and the closure which gives you a summary for the choices made in the game is satisfying. The combat is a standard hack & slash plus more actions oriented elements. Most RPG elements have been significantly reduced in scope, atif this game is not dungeon siege, it's actually OK. Despite the awkward control on PC, I found it actually quite enjoyable to play through. The story is well done and the closure which gives you a summary for the choices made in the game is satisfying. The combat is a standard hack & slash plus more actions oriented elements. Most RPG elements have been significantly reduced in scope, at least when compared to first two dungeon siege games. There are really only a small handful of active skills to select and a very limited variety in items/drops. while the game is fun in its own unique way, the simplistic nature of the game warrants it only in a mediocre title. Expand
  18. Aug 19, 2011
    Surely the graphics is something way outside the Dungeon siege's standards, but goddamn both the story and the camera are a total disgrace, plus i cant even modify my character?What the hell! this is an RPG and not some random adventure game! I hope for teh next diablo 3
  19. Koo
    Mar 24, 2012
    I bought this game on Steam pre-order and was looking forward to playing it. The original Dungeon Siege (which was included with my purchase of Dungeon Siege III) was a decent game. The graphics are looking a little dated in DS1 (it was released in 2002) but the storyline was decent, the enemies and environments varied, and there are plenty of interesting weapons and items. NONE of thisI bought this game on Steam pre-order and was looking forward to playing it. The original Dungeon Siege (which was included with my purchase of Dungeon Siege III) was a decent game. The graphics are looking a little dated in DS1 (it was released in 2002) but the storyline was decent, the enemies and environments varied, and there are plenty of interesting weapons and items. NONE of this is true in Dungeon Siege III. The storline is sub-B Movie quality, the enemies are largely cloned, and weapons and items are the biggest letdowns. "Powerful staff" "Magic charms" etc. are the childlike names given to weapons and items in the game. No effort was given to imagination or creativity in this department. The levels themselves are similarly bad. Completely linear, just follow the track, no side explorations possible. The one upside to Dungeon Siege III are the graphics. They're spectacular. Dynamic, beautifully saturated, and candy for the eyes. Graphics, however, don't make the game fun - just easy to look at. This game is lousy, and nice graphics are no substitute for shoddy storytelling, level design, and overall gameplay. A disappointment. 4/10 Expand
  20. Jun 24, 2011
    There isn't very much to say about this game. It's ok. It's not bad, but it doesn't do anything for the genre. But then, I don't think it really tries to.
  21. Oct 17, 2012
    This game sucks.. its not DS3 and was BS to be presented as DS3. The boss fights are retarded and it overall was a piss poor purchase. You clunk along then come to a boss that even on easy (if your a more casual gamer) you need a miracle and 10 tries to beat because noone playes multi and they are not geared toward single player.
  22. Jan 27, 2012
    Being a huge fan of Dungeon Siege, I was really anticipating DS3, after playing it I must say that I am disappointed to say the least, I am quite glad it was a gift and I did not waste my own money on it. On it's own, it's not a bad game, that's why I gave it a 4 and not a lower rating, but its NOT Dungeon Siege in any respect. Yet another fantastic PC game title falls victim to theBeing a huge fan of Dungeon Siege, I was really anticipating DS3, after playing it I must say that I am disappointed to say the least, I am quite glad it was a gift and I did not waste my own money on it. On it's own, it's not a bad game, that's why I gave it a 4 and not a lower rating, but its NOT Dungeon Siege in any respect. Yet another fantastic PC game title falls victim to the onslaught of cheap inferior console development. The game is about as "linear" as a game can get, nothing like DS, or even DS2. For a console game, by any other name, it would not be all that bad, not all that good, but not bad. However it's not by any other name, it was Dungeon Siege, and if you came here looking for that series, I am sorry to say, you're not going to find it here. Expand
  23. Jun 21, 2011
    To be honest. I could give it 6 or 7, IF it's not called "Dungeon Siege 3" and misleading people about the "Dungeon Crawler Game". As a "Hack&Slash" "Action-RPG", it has decent Gameplay. But it has NOTHING to do with "Dungeon Crawler" ; it Lacked EVERY SINGLE Element to be a Dungeon Crawler Game. It lacked the variant of loots ; totally pointless to do Online Co-op with others ; andTo be honest. I could give it 6 or 7, IF it's not called "Dungeon Siege 3" and misleading people about the "Dungeon Crawler Game". As a "Hack&Slash" "Action-RPG", it has decent Gameplay. But it has NOTHING to do with "Dungeon Crawler" ; it Lacked EVERY SINGLE Element to be a Dungeon Crawler Game. It lacked the variant of loots ; totally pointless to do Online Co-op with others ; and ultimately, it has NO replayability expect you want start with a new character ; Not to mention, WITHOUT skipping Cutscenes, it still has only 12~15 Hours Gameplay. Which is not accessable as a Full Price ARPG in my opinion. Even the D&D Daggerdale ; a Buggy & Bored Dungeon Crawler Game, can do better on it's length, and that's not a full price game. Too Bad this game called "Dungeon Siege 3" with "Dungeon Crawler" advertised that doesn't exist in game, just because their miserable Marketing. Expand
  24. Jun 21, 2011
    Ok, so this isn't exactly the Dungeon Siege game everyone's been waiting for. However, if we look past that, it is a pretty good game in its own right. The biggest strength of Dungeon Siege 3 is the combat system. Between two different resources, changing stances, rolling around to avoid hits, and well designed boss fights, combat is a lot of fun. In fact, it's no doubt the most fun aspectOk, so this isn't exactly the Dungeon Siege game everyone's been waiting for. However, if we look past that, it is a pretty good game in its own right. The biggest strength of Dungeon Siege 3 is the combat system. Between two different resources, changing stances, rolling around to avoid hits, and well designed boss fights, combat is a lot of fun. In fact, it's no doubt the most fun aspect of the game. And is there anything more important in a hack and slash action RPG than combat? I would say no.

Unfortunately, depending on how fast you're able to adapt, the camera controls and character controls can be quite annoying, especially at first. It's very much a matter of an individual opinion and playstyle, and opinions about game's controls will range from borderline unplayable to minor annoyance that's hardly noticeable after first 10 minutes. There is a demo available, which is more than enough to check whether you can get past game's control scheme or not.

If you're in the camp of people who don't find the controls to be a big problem, and can enjoy the game for what it is, not for what hardcore Dungeon Siege fans expected it to be, it will reward you with a very satisfying hack and slash action, that's far more involving and exciting than average action RPG.

Sadly, the game isn't as long as it could have been, finishing the entire game takes about 15 hours of gameplay. The game lacks New Game+ as well, which is a disappointment. However, despite all that, it's a very satisfying experience while it lasts.
  25. Jun 26, 2011
    So, the common complaints are controls, loot, storyline, deviation from Dungeon Siege 1 and 2. I will agree a bit with the controls had I not had an XBox 360 controller to use. The controller made this game very enjoyable with regards to a hack-and-slash dungeon crawler. It is easy to switch between powers and move around IF you have the controller. I would avoid the mouse and keyboardSo, the common complaints are controls, loot, storyline, deviation from Dungeon Siege 1 and 2. I will agree a bit with the controls had I not had an XBox 360 controller to use. The controller made this game very enjoyable with regards to a hack-and-slash dungeon crawler. It is easy to switch between powers and move around IF you have the controller. I would avoid the mouse and keyboard completely. Second, the loot is a bit typical with 4 classes (white, blue, green and the rare orange items). I had armor at the end that gave me wings of fire (rare). However, most items are based on the character you want to build. i.e. One that heavily blocks or one that is fast and attacks full-on. As far as the storyline, ignore the comments of predictability. You are given choices and the storyline changes based on those choices. The ending sequences are like Fallout 3, based on what you accomplished and the decisions you made. Finally, while this is a deviation from the standard Dungeon Siege combat system, it is enjoyable if you manage to have a controller. I know, why use a controller on PC. Because, I have the option to do so. This game is not for everyone and many diehard Dungeon Siege fans will hate it. However, as a stand-alone game, it is rather enjoyable and easily addictive. The biggest part will be playing a 4 person squad in multiplayer. So, why did I give it a 9? Simple, the messed up keyboard and mouse controls that force you to use the controller. And, at times, you will find the camera at odd angles and unable to see anything except a wall. I purchased this game and received Dungeon Siege 1 and 2 free, so it was worth $45. However, if you are going to buy this game only without 1 and 2 attached, I would not spend over $35 on it. Overall, I do not regret buying this game or using the controller to play it. Expand
  26. Jun 21, 2011
    First, this game is Incredible visually. Your first ten minutes of the game are spent drooling over the menu screen. The Lighting, sound, and character design are polished and perfect. The Match finding system is the most simple, easy to use, system in any pc game to date. Hosting a game takes seconds and joining one is even quicker. The four characters you are able to choose from areFirst, this game is Incredible visually. Your first ten minutes of the game are spent drooling over the menu screen. The Lighting, sound, and character design are polished and perfect. The Match finding system is the most simple, easy to use, system in any pc game to date. Hosting a game takes seconds and joining one is even quicker. The four characters you are able to choose from are amongst the most original set a characters in any RPG. The Voice over and dialogue are absolutely perfect. The once tedious and boring act of quest finding is fixed with a mass effect wheel and witty interaction that causes you to become attached and feel the pain of the "Grieving Widow" as you help revenge her fallen husband. Now, In regards to the whining reviews from the basement dwelling crybabies complaining about the Story being "Terrible" and "predictable" as well as the battle system being "unplayable" and "boring". Let me begin by saying this game was published by Square Enix!! They're not really known for sticking their name on crap titles with poor storylines. Second, The story was so in depth, so unique and Mind grabbing that Dark Horse Comics released three comics to help complete it. The battle system and gameplay is one of the most impressive, unique, and simple to use battle systems out there. Each charcter has three unique stances in which the player needs to use effectively in order to survive. You can not just hack and slash your way through this game with a healer and a tank spamming heal potions and warcry. A beautiful, enjoyable, in depth experience overall.â Expand
  27. Jun 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game's suxx! How could they screw up oh-so simple loot-game formula oh-so bad in so many ways?! Lets count how many screw ups are there, shall we?
    1 For a loot game there is no customization of your equipment, i mean if you pick Katarina is rifles and guns to the game's end. You can't pick up knife, sword or some kick ass hummer... NOOOO! it's guns and riffles all da way. That's suxx.
    2 There's no option in developin' your character - you can't play the game with the same character choice and end up with two different chars in the end - you'll take all skills available eventually and they power ups is hardly notecable. it's the same with Passive skills. Level up is boring and that's suxx.
    3 Fight's are boring! With Katarina i'ts pretty much just button mashing. THere were times, where i dont even see where tha hell i am shooting, and i didn't care either cause enemies were dyin'. There were times when i was thinking that game is just playin' with itself and doesen't need me and that's suxx.
    4 There was no boss fight until the very end. There was bosses, but they hardly challengin' even on hardest settings available and they are just bigger versions of normal enemy or same as normal enemy with aura-like circles arround them. That's just lazy and unimaginative and that's suxx.
    5 For a loot game you have no clue WTF the item does. There are lot of characteristics that i dont get. whats Doom, whats Momentum, whats Block, whats Warding? there's no help with this, there's no characterization.I still don't get it and i finished this POS. Having Characteristics unknown in a loot-game is suxx
    6 Skills are pathetic and unconvenient. You'll have skills for each weapon. 3. Why not all 6 with all weapons? that's just buffles me. F.e. Katarina has skill - summon wolf, that she could do, only when she equips 2 guns. hmmm...whyyyyy? skill's themselves are pathetic. i finished the game with the same skill i have in the beginning and that's just sad... and suxx.
    7 plot. It's stupid, i'ts unimaginative, it's flat, it's predictable... in a loot-game, whatever right? Right. F.e. who cared about plot in Torchlight, Diablo 2, Titan quest? No one. At least not me. Why is it an issue here? Because it's All. Over. The. PLACE. It's annoying! You can take two steps without someone startin' talkin' to you. It's EVERYWHERE and even if you skip it it's still ANNOYING! and suxx.
    8 THey tryin' to rip off better games like ME and DAO. I'am huge bioware fan and for me thoose elements looked cheap, half-done, and bad executed. THey are tryin' to convince you, that choices you make will form a sequel's world. I don't buy it! There's going to be no sequel to THIS game. Pathetic ripoffs of better games is usually BAD idea and it's suxx!
    9 Cut-scenes... 99 cents worth moving pictures. It's like a slap in the face! You can't get more cheaper than those! Remember how cool it's been with cut-scenes in Diablo2? There was even extra disc with only those! That was AWESOME. But not here. Not in this game. This game is suxx!
    10 Voice acting suxx and make no mistake about it, which makes plot issues even more insufferable!
    11 there is no world map in this one! WHY? Why would you do such a thing, obsidian? It's just suxx
    12 Game length is only 6 hours! 6!!! I was readin' comments, where people say it was 12.. Are you retarded or something? I've completed ALL the quests, waste about an hour in ice dungeon, cause got i've got lost in the damned thing. Still it was 6 hours. Short-length games are suxx.
    All in all it's just hard to recommend this game to anyone. At this price you can get torchlight, both Deathspanks and Titan quest and EACH OF THEM is far more enjoyable than this flick. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!
  28. May 28, 2012
    Good game from the developers of Neverwinter Nights 2 and Fallout: New Vegas. The game has an interesting plot, non-linear construction of the dialogues, moral dilemmas, which influences the further development of the plot and others qualities of classic RPG. The graphic is not perfect, but the textures and shadows are pretty. Soundtrack is unobtrusive.
    Cons - ugly controls and annoying
    Cons - ugly controls and annoying monsters respawn.
  29. Jun 24, 2011
    Not only the game has next to nothing in common with Dungeon Siege I and II, but it's just plain bad action RPG. Lame graphics and animations, horrible character development and equipment (no item sets in ARPG, what a joke), and game's interface is a nightmare. Overall, it's yet another pathetic attempt to use famous brand for selling an utter garbage to the players.
  30. Jun 22, 2011
    Worst dungeon siege game I have ever played. both 1 and 2 are way better. In this game the camera is frustrating the combat is boring its just a bad game period.

1. Oct 26, 2011
    One of the biggest differences in this game is that you exert a lot of control over your main character.
  2. Aug 30, 2011
    Ultimately, Dungeon Siege III is an easy-to-play popcorn journey into the classic action-RPG genre, hitting every checkbox. There is little innovation here, but it offers plenty of examples of how good design and development practices can make a derivative game enjoyable - and how a pretty severely console-designed game can be adjusted to feel largely right on a PC.
    Don't be discouraged by the slow and dumb beginning of the game – you'll be rewarded by many hours of fun. Strong story and cooperative multiplayer are more than worth your attention. [Issue#207]