Dungeon Siege III PC

4.7

1. Jun 21, 2011
    After the whole Dragon Age 2 debacle, I think Obsidian Entertainment might be bracing themselves for a fandom backlash, especially considering how much they changed Dungeon Siege III from its predecessors. While a solid game in its own right, I almost hesitate to call the game Dungeon Siege at all - essentially the only thing that has been retained in this third entry to this popular PCAfter the whole Dragon Age 2 debacle, I think Obsidian Entertainment might be bracing themselves for a fandom backlash, especially considering how much they changed Dungeon Siege III from its predecessors. While a solid game in its own right, I almost hesitate to call the game Dungeon Siege at all - essentially the only thing that has been retained in this third entry to this popular PC game franchise is the massive amounts of loot you'll find and the story lore. And frankly, the lore was one of the weaker aspects of the first two titles.

Dungeon Siege III is a third person action role-playing game developed by Obsidian Entertainment, a company practically known for taking over other people's game series. With titles such as KOTOR II, and Neverwinter Nights 2 (and corresponding expansions) under its belt, Obsidian has a reputation for making deep, engrossing sequels filled with interesting characters and topped off with intricate plots.

With Dungeon Siege, this fan-favorite developer has stepped outside of familiar territory; most of their games are pseudo turn-based RPGs - Dungeon Siege III is their first fully real-time action RPG. DS3 tries to combine fast-paced action with Obsidian's renowned storytelling and for the most part it succeeds. Operative words being "for the most part."

See my full review here: http://boredomsadvocate.blogspot.com/2011/06/review-dungeon-siege-iii.html
  2. Jul 26, 2011
    No replayability. What would have been nice would be difficulty levels that required higher and higher levels and had increasingly better loot. This, to me, seems to be a requirements for hack n slash games these days. The stats are kinda boring and you're never sure what stat you should be focusing on. I generally equipped the most expensive piece of gear my character could wear. NowNo replayability. What would have been nice would be difficulty levels that required higher and higher levels and had increasingly better loot. This, to me, seems to be a requirements for hack n slash games these days. The stats are kinda boring and you're never sure what stat you should be focusing on. I generally equipped the most expensive piece of gear my character could wear. Now my biggest gripe: The controls for the PC are atrocious. Did they not look at diablo 2? I mean, c'mon Obsidian... You point and click on the ground and you move there... you point and click on an enemy and you attack them. How a game like this doesn't have this control scheme is mind boggling. Part of the problem of being a straight console port with no respect for PC gamers. Expand
  3. Jul 16, 2011
    A decent buy if you plan to play with a friend. The storyline isn't too fascinating and feels very cliche (in fantasy story terms). The combat starts off pretty bland, but when you start to level up and get your abilities, you start to have fun with the combat. Me and my friend have noted that Lucas talks at random times during our adventures and later found out that this game is supposeA decent buy if you plan to play with a friend. The storyline isn't too fascinating and feels very cliche (in fantasy story terms). The combat starts off pretty bland, but when you start to level up and get your abilities, you start to have fun with the combat. Me and my friend have noted that Lucas talks at random times during our adventures and later found out that this game is suppose to be centered around him. I'm not entirely sure why they focused on more dialogue for him, but whatever the reason, this game is just another typical hack n slash rpg. If you decide to bring a friend, you can have little fun, but I don't think I can finish this game with my friend sadly. Expand
  4. Jul 28, 2011
    A game that could have delivered a lot more, but came out mediocre in all of it's aspects. First of all it is quite short. Took me 8 hours to beat it with all the side quests. Story is pretty straight forward, without any major twists and drama. Characters also don't have too much depth to them and game almost lacks any interaction between them. While there was an "influence" meter, itA game that could have delivered a lot more, but came out mediocre in all of it's aspects. First of all it is quite short. Took me 8 hours to beat it with all the side quests. Story is pretty straight forward, without any major twists and drama. Characters also don't have too much depth to them and game almost lacks any interaction between them. While there was an "influence" meter, it failed to attract my attention in any way because the whole point of having high influence was some abysmal buff and achievement. Combat is quite fast paced and fun even with a small selection of skills. Now the problem at this point was that with such a small amount of skills to choose from, it's really weird that only hardcore difficulty forces you to utilize each and every one of them. I've played on normal and probably used only half of the skills in the course of the game. Now that being like 9 skills in total, means i have only used 4-5 skills and only 2-3 extensively, and only on hardcore difficulty i found the need to use most of them. Graphics are quite decent though. Most of the time you will be too busy fighting to pay any attention to the scenery, but during short pauses between fights you can really see that characters and environment is quite detailed. Areas are quite small though and most places consist of some small "corridors", while open areas are far too few. Final fantasy 13 anyone? Good part is that there is quite a lot of areas and you don't have to revisit most of them. Now the real major problem with this game is that it is a pure console port. That being said the game is almost unplayable with standard PC controls. I had to use my PS3 pad in XBOX mode to be able to enjoy this game, which made me wonder, why have i bought it for PC at all. If you don't have any options in this part, i suggest not to bother at all with the game, since playing it on mouse and keyboard is agonizing. With all of the above being said i still find the game attractive enough for a second play through, which shows that while even being mediocre it still manages to deliver. I guess it's just sign of the times. Expand
  5. Oct 15, 2011
    It took a week with a horrible flue for me to give DS III one more chance. Given my previous low score I was not expecting much from this game. Turns out that was a good thing.
    Dungeon Siege III is typical fantasy tripe. Swords and mages; lots of enemies and loot. Buried somewhere beneath all of the hacking/slashing/blasting action is some semblance of a story, or so it seemed in the beginning. On the surface, however, DS III is just another action RPG. And that is not a good thing, since compared the genre at large, it does not stack up well against its modern brethren. .
    DS III lacks the shine and polish of other ARPG titles. Graphics are somewhat dated, and animations are stiff, clunk and repetitive in the extreme. Combat, a major feature of this game, is good but not great. And the camera...the camera is awful. Either a distant, top down view, or some hybrid of top down and almost-but-not-quite over the shoulder, the camera always leaves your eyes straining to see just a little further ahead despite its built-in limitations in this regard. Despite playing for more than 20 hours I never got used to that camera.
    As with Fallout: New Vegas the technical side of things is clearly not Obsidian's strength. Despite their having fixed numerous issues with DS III, some things simply cannot be improved. But what DS III lacks in technical superiority it makes up for in writing.
    See, it turns out there really is a story. Buried under all of that largely useless loot and repetitive hacking and slashing, are numerous choices. Do you save someone or let them die? Improve the lot of a major city or let it flounder? Negotiate new working contracts for downtrodden citizens or let them work as slaves? All of these choices have consequences, though most are only revealed in the ending video following the game's conclusion, making them immersive if somewhat arbitrary.
    And as for that ending...it's good, if you can stomach the truly terrible, JRPG style boss battle that serves as prelude to the ending. Shameless ripping both Final Fantasy and Glenn Cook's The Black Company novels at the same time - and making a predicable mess from the combination of the two - the ending boss battles are some of the worst I have seen since I swore off JRPG games because of, well, terrible boss battles like this one. This multi-stage, oh-it-got-away again frustration fest feels as if it will never end, and it goes from bad to worse at least three times. It is arbitrary, immersion-breaking and easily the worst thing about a not-very-good game to begin with.
    All in all DS III was worth the playthrough for me. I was sick, Skyrim wasn't out yet and I got DS III for free with a new gaming PC so the playthrough cost me nothing. I am glad I played it, but I would not do so again. The graphics are dated, animations outdated and stiff, there is too much useless loot (have we not tired of this yet) and the boss fights are truly awful for the most part. But underneath all of that there remains something endearing about this paragon of an era almost gone in terms of action RPG's.
    Get it if its extremely cheap and you are very into these sorts of games. Otherwise, pass on this one.
  6. Dec 12, 2011
    this game is... ok. dont expect a dungeon siege game even it is called Dungeon Siege 3.
    Publisher would have done better if they had given this game a new name, because it has nothing to do with the old games.
    gameplay is ok, graphics are, story is ok
    but none is good or very good
  7. May 28, 2013
    I think there is some potential here for this to be a good game but I just couldn't make it past the controls. Every step of the way it felt like I was battling the camera and more often than not it would be the cause of my death. When I really think about it, I think the camera control in this game is the worst out of any game I've ever played. Definitely try the demo out first ifI think there is some potential here for this to be a good game but I just couldn't make it past the controls. Every step of the way it felt like I was battling the camera and more often than not it would be the cause of my death. When I really think about it, I think the camera control in this game is the worst out of any game I've ever played. Definitely try the demo out first if you're thinking of getting this. Expand
  8. Jul 1, 2011
    Bland, forgettable, generic: this is DS3. Ironically, on paper DS3 sounds good: nice combat, nice graphics, lots of loot, and a story with choices. In reality, the combat is clunky. Worst PC controls EVAR, no joke. The loot and inventory system is tedious. The story is hilarious in how seriously it takes itself...too bad nobody else takes it seriously. But at least the graphics are nice,Bland, forgettable, generic: this is DS3. Ironically, on paper DS3 sounds good: nice combat, nice graphics, lots of loot, and a story with choices. In reality, the combat is clunky. Worst PC controls EVAR, no joke. The loot and inventory system is tedious. The story is hilarious in how seriously it takes itself...too bad nobody else takes it seriously. But at least the graphics are nice, hah. Truth is Diablo 2, Titan's Quest, and Torchlight all do everything better. DS3 is just a throw-away game. A real shame too...it could have been something special. Expand
  9. Jun 30, 2011
    Dungeon Siege III is possibly worth a rent if you've already played all the classics in this genre and simply can't wait for the next Torchlight or Diablo, but that's about it... the game's not really meant for a single player; it's more for co-op or on-line... and the game's ridiculously linear, which is somewhat good because you can fast forward through all those agonizingly boring cutDungeon Siege III is possibly worth a rent if you've already played all the classics in this genre and simply can't wait for the next Torchlight or Diablo, but that's about it... the game's not really meant for a single player; it's more for co-op or on-line... and the game's ridiculously linear, which is somewhat good because you can fast forward through all those agonizingly boring cut scenes and "just move forward" in the game to find your next quest... not really a lot of actual dungeons either... grinding isn't bad although with the character I played the standard boss fight strategy was a timed heal spell, attack, dodge, run away, repeat... graphics were decent and I used an Xbox360 controller (on my PC) which felt natural, although my character tended to waste time flourishing/finishing moves instead of dodging out of the way when I needed her to... there's no potions in this game either, so max out that healing spell ASAP... can I recommend DSIII? No, but it's not terrible. Expand
  10. Jun 27, 2011
    Do not fool yourselves, this is first and foremost a console game and has little relation to the previous titles which were alot more diverse and fun. However grab an xbox controller and there are a few hours of fun to be had in this sequel as long as you enjoy this type of games. This is not a full dollar game, I would wait for a significant price cut (
  11. Jun 24, 2011
    There isn't very much to say about this game. It's ok. It's not bad, but it doesn't do anything for the genre. But then, I don't think it really tries to.
  12. Jun 25, 2011
    Having completed all three Dungeon Siege games, I can say that I like this one as much as DS2, but not as much as DS1. DS3 misses in a lot of places (controls being the primary), and as with Dragon Age 2, this game was not true to the original. This is not a dungeon crawler, since the maps have no areas to explore (everything is tied to being on a quest), and while this is a departure fromHaving completed all three Dungeon Siege games, I can say that I like this one as much as DS2, but not as much as DS1. DS3 misses in a lot of places (controls being the primary), and as with Dragon Age 2, this game was not true to the original. This is not a dungeon crawler, since the maps have no areas to explore (everything is tied to being on a quest), and while this is a departure from the original series, the game makes for a decent action-adventure; not a great one, but a decent one. When the game is run on a gampad, everything makes sense, and the action is smooth and sometimes frantic. The camera for this game is lacking, two-views were not enough to take me to my happy place, and with the quality of the models in the game I really wish I could have zoomed in more. The fixed character development, smacked of action-adventure games, and it really didn't help me get engaged with my toon. Loot was REALLY random, at level 6 I found a high-level orange gun at a vendor, I was able to equip it, and I used it all the way to endgame...The stats we easily gleaned from the retail price of the gear, so I felt no need to level my toon since they could use anything they found or bought, and I no reason to look at any loot below the price what I had equipped. The story was fine, and the boss fights were entertaining at normal and hard levels. This game is not a blockbuster, just a title that was released, had little thought put to it as a "PC Title", but had no bugs. Let's hope a patch comes out that allows people to overcome the controller issues.

Now for a SLAMMMMMMM!!!
    I can definitely say I will be avoiding any game Obsidian makes in the future, they have a 'special ability' with sequels that makes my stomach turn, and are a big reason behind Bioware/EA not releasing KOTOR 3 on it's own...Obsidian effectively killed the series with KOTOR2. Obsidian is clearly not on par with great design companies like Gas Powered Games (pausing for a moment of silence), and Bioware. If you didn't like DS3, tell Obsidian with your pocketbook. ABOUT PORTS:
    Not all ports are bad, but all ports had game pads in their past. To everyone out there complaining about the controls, you should consider buying an XB360 wired controller for your PC, they worked great in this game...Let's face it folks, many games get ported from consoles, and the only way to play these games is via the game pad. Mouse and keyboards are afterthoughts. If you don't like this don't buy console ports, or multi-platform released games (ones that share the release date with PC and consoles), because you will always be disappointed.

...and finally about misguided ratings...
    As for this game's ratings on meta-critic, the yays and nays are so off target that they are going to be ignored. If you rated a 10, but said something negative about the game, you blew it; and a 9 rating would have been hard to justify. If you rated this game less than a 3, then you are WAY off base...if you want to see a game that REALLY deserves a 3 or less, then look to Tenchu: Dark Secret for the DS or Bethesda's original Terminator game for PC (gives me shivvers just thinking back to those days). When you've played 1000's of games to completion...then you can start giving out scores from 3 to 0 and know that you where right in doing so.
  13. Aug 19, 2011
    This is a game that was worth pre-ordering for the added bonus of the first two games in the series. Looking back at those, I personally believe this game is an improvement, as they've finally added a little RPG elements to the hack and slash carnage. However, I don't believe this game is a major enough improvement for today's capabilities. All in all, it's the kind of game that's quiteThis is a game that was worth pre-ordering for the added bonus of the first two games in the series. Looking back at those, I personally believe this game is an improvement, as they've finally added a little RPG elements to the hack and slash carnage. However, I don't believe this game is a major enough improvement for today's capabilities. All in all, it's the kind of game that's quite fun to play once through and never touch again. Expand
  14. Mar 11, 2012
    Seriously, all the hate? I loved DS II (cmon, the scope was epic) and know for sure this game isn¨t anything like it, but to give it anything below five is not objective. It NEVER crashes, period; skill usage and combat are smooth and all the mechanics function perfectly; music is decent and both the voice acting and graphic well above average. Of course, it helps if you realiseSeriously, all the hate? I loved DS II (cmon, the scope was epic) and know for sure this game isn¨t anything like it, but to give it anything below five is not objective. It NEVER crashes, period; skill usage and combat are smooth and all the mechanics function perfectly; music is decent and both the voice acting and graphic well above average. Of course, it helps if you realise straight away that it IS a console action game, and all the drawbacks are there: you need some time to adapt to the controls, and they never feel natural to a PC gamer; there is no pause button, and no potions - you need to dodge and block. I absolutely disagree on the customization issue: there is a VERY good chance to customize your character through gear stats, allowing you to focus on crits, overall damage, special stats, or survivability. Depending on theis, your preferred set of skills alter as well. However, abilities and type of gear are fixed to a character class (so that only warrior may use swords, and no other class may learn warrior's abilities - unlike classic Dungeon Siege). Overall, It's a decent console-ported action dungeon crawler. The gameplay has nothing to do with the "previous" DS games, so be warned. Also, the length is somewhat an issue - even with two playthroughs, it didn't take me longer than 20 hours. Expand
  15. Apr 24, 2012
    I believe this game's biggest crime was naming it Dungeon Siege III. I found the game enjoyable as an action RPG-lite style game in a vein similar to the Overlord series, Dragon Age II, and perhaps Trine. Think Gauntlet and you'll be on the right track. Its a decent bit of cartoonish fantasy fun that works better with a gamepad than the traditional keyboard and mouse setup. The gameI believe this game's biggest crime was naming it Dungeon Siege III. I found the game enjoyable as an action RPG-lite style game in a vein similar to the Overlord series, Dragon Age II, and perhaps Trine. Think Gauntlet and you'll be on the right track. Its a decent bit of cartoonish fantasy fun that works better with a gamepad than the traditional keyboard and mouse setup. The game features a dialogue/choice system similar to Bioware's. It's not quite as fleshed out, but not quite as pointless either. Decisions you make are neither good nor bad, just different, and will effect how things carry forth from the point they are made. With the excellent Treasure of the Sun DLC the entire game clocked in at 20 hours for the first play through including all but a few side quests. The previously mentioned choice system and four character classes lends the game a fair bit of potential replay value. I recommend giving this game a look the next time Steam puts it on sale. Expand
  16. Jun 22, 2011
    A less than fantastic sequel to a fantastic game. The art and music is impressive. The story is average, the camera is clumsy, the level design is linear and the combat is mediocre. It is quite a short game. It is playable, but not all that fun, especially for fans of the genre.
  17. Jun 27, 2011
    Dungeon Seige 3 shares little in common with the previous 2 games in the series other than it's name and the fact that there are some dungeons that need sieging. This game is more of a hack and slash action game like Gauntlet Legends or Legends of Norrath. I'm finding the single player story enjoyable since I happen to own a PC gamepad. The Keyboard and Mouse controls are aweful and itDungeon Seige 3 shares little in common with the previous 2 games in the series other than it's name and the fact that there are some dungeons that need sieging. This game is more of a hack and slash action game like Gauntlet Legends or Legends of Norrath. I'm finding the single player story enjoyable since I happen to own a PC gamepad. The Keyboard and Mouse controls are aweful and it seems like no one bothered to playtest how they worked. The online mode is terrible, with a top down shared camera that clutters the screen so much I often lose track of where my character is. The other downside is that you can't take your character into another person's game to earn loot and exp for yourself, playing online has you joining another person's story and you assuming control of one of the NPC players they have recruited, (and hope they choose some good skills). Expand
  18. Sep 16, 2011
    I played the demo and that was enough. Honestly, the story didn't seem bad and the graphics looked nice. The downside has been said before: this is a console port. An OBVIOUS port. It's as if they didn't change anything for the PC. The result is an interface that is poor. And not just the fighting controls which are horrible but the rest of the interface is buried under too many clicks.I played the demo and that was enough. Honestly, the story didn't seem bad and the graphics looked nice. The downside has been said before: this is a console port. An OBVIOUS port. It's as if they didn't change anything for the PC. The result is an interface that is poor. And not just the fighting controls which are horrible but the rest of the interface is buried under too many clicks. This is not the first RPG ever done by Obsidian but it sure feels like it; I don't know what they were thinking. It's sad because I actually wanted to like this game. But I won't be buying it. Expand
  19. Jun 25, 2011
    This game has got to have the worst voice acting of any X-box game ever ...... on the plus side all those people who bad mouthed Dragon Age II will now realise what a great polished game it really was.
  20. Jun 23, 2011
    The story is short, you can beat the game twice within a week, and the multiplay is broken, you cant use your customized characters to join others games, and your characters can "destroy" by others if you host game, coz your partner can fully customize your characters that you are not in control at the time. But the combat system is great, we have played point and click system for lots ofThe story is short, you can beat the game twice within a week, and the multiplay is broken, you cant use your customized characters to join others games, and your characters can "destroy" by others if you host game, coz your partner can fully customize your characters that you are not in control at the time. But the combat system is great, we have played point and click system for lots of years and now we have to try something new. Expand
  21. May 19, 2012
    I'm new to Dungeon Siege so I don't know how this game is different from the old ones. But I find it entertaining, with a gamepad, this game gives Diablo-type feeling; Hack-and-slash style without using much brain power :D which I love it. But the skill system is not good enough, there are 9 skills for each character, but you will end up using one or two skills repeatably, which isI'm new to Dungeon Siege so I don't know how this game is different from the old ones. But I find it entertaining, with a gamepad, this game gives Diablo-type feeling; Hack-and-slash style without using much brain power :D which I love it. But the skill system is not good enough, there are 9 skills for each character, but you will end up using one or two skills repeatably, which is boring sometimes. The plot is believable though a bit simple... Char parameters are confusing, I can't tell which is better between Attack and Will, but it seems to me that there is no difference on those parameters.. the rate you kill monsters seems similar for all combination. Expand
  22. Oct 10, 2011
    if this game is not dungeon siege, it's actually OK. Despite the awkward control on PC, I found it actually quite enjoyable to play through. The story is well done and the closure which gives you a summary for the choices made in the game is satisfying. The combat is a standard hack & slash plus more actions oriented elements. Most RPG elements have been significantly reduced in scope, atif this game is not dungeon siege, it's actually OK. Despite the awkward control on PC, I found it actually quite enjoyable to play through. The story is well done and the closure which gives you a summary for the choices made in the game is satisfying. The combat is a standard hack & slash plus more actions oriented elements. Most RPG elements have been significantly reduced in scope, at least when compared to first two dungeon siege games. There are really only a small handful of active skills to select and a very limited variety in items/drops. while the game is fun in its own unique way, the simplistic nature of the game warrants it only in a mediocre title. Expand
  23. Nov 8, 2011
    Ive loved the dungeon siege series. The top view hack n slash with obsene amounts of loot flying all over the screen is pretty fun. The reason i give Dungeon Siege 3 a 6 is well, hmm. This game isnt really at all like DS 2 or 1 the combat i found was quite slow and kinda awkward. I found the camera was far to zoomed in and you didnt really get a full view of your surroundings. The voiceIve loved the dungeon siege series. The top view hack n slash with obsene amounts of loot flying all over the screen is pretty fun. The reason i give Dungeon Siege 3 a 6 is well, hmm. This game isnt really at all like DS 2 or 1 the combat i found was quite slow and kinda awkward. I found the camera was far to zoomed in and you didnt really get a full view of your surroundings. The voice overs were ok, the game length was ok, the characters were ok... nothing really special here, just a run of the mill adventure game with nothing really else to it. Im trying to think of something profound that makes this game special but theres really nothing... : / its about worth paying 15-20 bucks for, thats it *shrug* Expand
  24. Cuz
    May 23, 2012
    Wasn't a huge fan of Dungeon Siege 1 and 2 so I guess I wasn't let down too badly by this. I suggest playing with a controller even on the PC, controls just work better that way. Some of the boss battles were fun, woth a playthrough if you can buy it cheap off of a Steam sale.
  25. Mar 3, 2012
    Obsidian puts the RPG in Action RPG, however navigating your way through the world of Ehb in this iteration is a tad cumbersome. A fiddly interface, uninspired level design and ridiculously hard battles holds the game back.
  26. Jul 4, 2011
    Dungeon Siege 3, although not a good as it's predecessors, is still a fun and enjoyable game to play. The arcade style controls makes it great for the console player, however, PC Gamers will not like the clunky, non configurable controls. Using a gamepad for the PC quickly solves the control issue, but some PC Gamers feel that this is a sin to do! The graphics on the game are betterDungeon Siege 3, although not a good as it's predecessors, is still a fun and enjoyable game to play. The arcade style controls makes it great for the console player, however, PC Gamers will not like the clunky, non configurable controls. Using a gamepad for the PC quickly solves the control issue, but some PC Gamers feel that this is a sin to do! The graphics on the game are better than any previous version. The loot system, as well as the inventory and item configuration leaves much to be desired. Constantly clicking on the right button (on the XBOX 360 controller for the PC) is a pain. There are some attributes gained from certain gear that needs some explanation also. Despite the flaws, Dungeon Siege 3 is an enjoyable game, but not a must have. Expand
  27. Dec 27, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While Dungeon Siege 3 certainly is a departure from its hardcore RPG predecessors, it still has many redeeming features. The graphics and performance are fantastic; I never experienced any choppiness, glitches, or crashes. The music and sounds are also very well done; they sounded exceptionally rich and boomy on my Z906 speakers. It works well with Steam for the multiplayer features--that is, when Steam isn't having problems of its own. Finally, the characters and story weren't as trite as one might think given the general dumbing down of the gameplay; I actually found it quite engaging and relished in the chance to strike down Jeyne Kassynder at the end. But the game certainly has a number of problems and short-comings. I feel that the biggest of those is the interface and some of the gameplay mechanics. I almost gave up early on due to the difficulty of using spells (some spells require you to hold down three keys at once), camera restrictions (especially in co-op), and the general clumsiness of the whole interface. One can get used to these drawbacks, but it's never enjoyed. Also a big problem was the lack of character development options; the characters really have little room to deviate given the limited skill choices. And one thing that really just annoyed me was the non-standard item attributes that had no explanation; Doom sounds cool but that doesn't really tell you what it does. In summary, DS3 is definitely worth playing if you're hankering for a co-op RPG and have already played all the rest. But given the choice between DS3 and DS2, I'd suggest the latter first. Expand
  28. Jul 1, 2012
    The game is good, but forgettable. If you have only this title, you will probably have fun. If you got other games like Mass Effect, Diablo III or Elder Scroll, you will probably getting distracted and leaving it behind for good. Even so, Its is fun. Problem is: a) it lasts just a few hours of fun and; b) does not worth 12.50 bucks (STEAM promotion pack - Id like to have paid even less).
  29. Jul 2, 2011
    Whilst not a bad game in it's own right, Dungeon Siege III has little in common with it's predecessors apart from title. The game plays more like The Guardian of Light minus the puzzles and teamwork, with Mass Effect's dialogue system mashed in and the Dungeon Siege label slapped on for good measure. There's little to no character and party customisation which was widely featured in theWhilst not a bad game in it's own right, Dungeon Siege III has little in common with it's predecessors apart from title. The game plays more like The Guardian of Light minus the puzzles and teamwork, with Mass Effect's dialogue system mashed in and the Dungeon Siege label slapped on for good measure. There's little to no character and party customisation which was widely featured in the previous titles and while there are plenty of items, your character is basically restricted to preset armour and weapon types. Skill choices are limited; in fact you'll unlock all of the available skills for your character (9 total) roughly half-way through the game, though there is a bit of personalisation in this department with 2 separate talent sets per skill to pick between, along with a few passive talents for your character as well.

The game has few technical issues, the most outstanding being the abysmal PC controls. This is easily remedied with a game pad, however the fixed camera in multiplayer will leave you constantly fighting your co-op mates rather than, well...cooperating with them. Luckily this is less of an issue in single player, with a zoomed in third-person view also available that is unfortunately disabled in multiplayer.

Those going into the game with expectations that it would follow in the footsteps of it's predecessor will be left rightfully disappointed. However, Dungeon Siege III is a solid, if not simplistic, game; offering a fun single or multiplayer romp through the world of Ehb. Well, at least if you have a game pad.
  30. Oct 2, 2012
    GOOD:
    +++ Pretty standard combat system, but was well explained.
    +++ Combat resources and empowered skills offered nice break from cool-down based systems. +++ Some boss fights near the end demanded some skill. +++ Story line was not too deep, but good enough to follow, if you just want hack-and-slash. +++ Quest tracking on demand let you go straight into action if you are not into
    GOOD:
    +++ Pretty standard combat system, but was well explained.
    +++ Some boss fights near the end demanded some skill.
    +++ Quest tracking on demand let you go straight into action if you are not into wandering around.
    +++ Save points were plenty and did not allow you to backtrack too much.
    +++ Graphics was quite good and presented wide variety of landscapes and enemies.
    +++ Item comparison tab.
    +++ You can use your mouse AND WS AD to move your character (almost).

BAD:
    --- Many enemies were on the slow side and did not have ranged abilities.
    --- Controls were daunting to learn.
    --- Abilities offered no customization.
    --- Talents predictable and boring.
    --- Managing loot was boring because of slow menus.
  31. Jun 21, 2011
    From the very start of the game I hated it, the developers should be ashamed, no custom character creation, and its pretty much the xbox version you are playing, with different keys assigned for controls, they didnt even bother to change the button icons, they are all still the colored ABXY buttons on the 360 controller, this game had potential all they had to do was smooth out theFrom the very start of the game I hated it, the developers should be ashamed, no custom character creation, and its pretty much the xbox version you are playing, with different keys assigned for controls, they didnt even bother to change the button icons, they are all still the colored ABXY buttons on the 360 controller, this game had potential all they had to do was smooth out the controls, and character customization and change a few icons and the gameplay a bit and it could have easily been a 6... but the developers cheated the PC community, and for that they should be ashamed, I want my money back! DO NOT BUY! Collapse

1. Oct 26, 2011
    One of the biggest differences in this game is that you exert a lot of control over your main character.
  2. Aug 30, 2011
    Ultimately, Dungeon Siege III is an easy-to-play popcorn journey into the classic action-RPG genre, hitting every checkbox. There is little innovation here, but it offers plenty of examples of how good design and development practices can make a derivative game enjoyable - and how a pretty severely console-designed game can be adjusted to feel largely right on a PC.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Aug 29, 2011
    Don't be discouraged by the slow and dumb beginning of the game – you'll be rewarded by many hours of fun. Strong story and cooperative multiplayer are more than worth your attention. [Issue#207]