- Summary: In Dustforce, players stylishly flow through precarious environments, sweeping up dust, leaves, trash and slime. The cleaners face off against the fourSprites who are determined to make a mess of the whole world
10My Girlfriend bought me this game as a present after a fight...and boy did this make me feel bad, because this is one of the most awesome games I played in a while. I'll try to shoot down any doubts right now and say "BUY THIS" for the price tag of 6 euros, this is the platformer you will play for a long while, especially if you liked meat boy.
So I've been tracking this game for a while and I was unsure of buying it...well...because I suck at jumping around. But I immediately felt like a broom wielding ninja. I can't abstain from this but I'll have to go head to head with Andromeda's review on this one, so here goes (be gentle my first review, that's how much I felt the need to defend this game):
- The controls are anything else, but "not responsive". Everything you do seems in your hands to control.
- The game also includes time trials and style challenge which both rank for score on the leader boards.
- Replays can be saved and also if your confused, you can watch the highest rated player on the leader board's replay to see how he solves the level and try to mimic it, if the game is to hard on you.
- A map editor on the way, which will guarantee lots o content.
- King of the hill and Survival modes for local multiplayer. How awesome is that ?!
I came from work after a long stressful day at work, a fight with the girl friend and I can't remove myself from this game. I will immediately buy flowers tomorrow and I recommend this to any fan of this genre.… Expand
The game is incredibly difficult, have I known that I probably wouldn't have purchased the game. For people that are really good at plat formers I'm sure this will be a fun and enjoyable game, and completing a level leaves you feeling very accomplished since the game is pretty difficult. I love the concept, everything is really smooth and fun but it's overall just a really hard game and leaves me at least pretty frustrated..… Expand
4To be honest, I just spent a couple of hours playing dustforce, but I think there is a reason that I stopped playing it.
First of all: I like the basic concept. I think the game mechanics are very well thought out. You have full control over the many ways to elegantly move around the character in the world. Sweeping, running up walls and ceilings, dashing, double jumping and hitting enemies that's all great.
Probably the most important thing that kept me from continuing to play the game was the level design. The first levels are ok, but then it gets very difficult very quickly. And the levels are not difficult in a Super Meat Boy manner they are just too long, not rewarding enough, and they just need too much skill that I was not able to acquire in the first levels.
Apart from that, music is really bad, and sound design is boring as well. In the intro video, there is no sound effects at all seriously, guys! And the story cleaning the world from dust and the overall look are not appealing to me as well. And why is there no overview map for the levels?
I can imagine that people who get past the steep learning curve (or better call it learning step) really enjoy the great gameplay mechanics. I however did not, and so there is not much fun left for me..… Expand