7.2

1. Apr 21, 2013
    I'd like to be a master of the broken world but 'broken' describes much more than simply the game world. Frustratingly buggy at this point (though I found that by not rushing through the interface some bugs will be slightly less common). Please be aware of this before purchasing this game: you'll be force-quitting and loading auto-saves a lot.

My rating of 7 is based on the fact that

My rating of 7 is based on the fact that the original Eador (Genesis) is VERY fun if you're into Fantasy TBSs and BROKEN World is almost 100% identical except for the graphics being 'better'. However, as a sacrifice, Broken World is quite slow prepare to stare at the screen for a minute or more after you complete each turn (on larger maps with just one enemy). Don't bother with some of the quests because you won't be able to complete them (i.e. alliance with the elves you'll be freeing elven maidens for days to no avail).

If they clean up some bugs, tweak the interface just a little and make the game run a little more quickly this game will be worth 20 dollars. Until then, just play Eador: Genesis if you need a fix.
  2. Sep 18, 2014
    Eador is a very nice game overall, especially for the low price. As some guys before already mentioned, Eador has this "one more turn"-need and can provide tons of fun, but only if you are willing to invest a ton of time. It`s not a game for people who are new to this genre and it is not the right game for people having trouble to handle frustration. You will experience games in which youEador is a very nice game overall, especially for the low price. As some guys before already mentioned, Eador has this "one more turn"-need and can provide tons of fun, but only if you are willing to invest a ton of time. It`s not a game for people who are new to this genre and it is not the right game for people having trouble to handle frustration. You will experience games in which you chose the wrong strategy, the wrong hero to summon first and you might have to load an old save. 4+ hours going down the drain is not unusual.
    I would give the game a 9/10 for pure playing fun, but lately a lot of bugs and save game problems were patched into the game along with the first dlc. Also the dlc is a huge improvement in terms of end game content but makes it even harder to rise and make your baby steps. Why? Because every little army of minor goblins now has a hard mage, a supporter and a ranged unit. Even for me with 180h knowledge of the game this appeared as a problem and I needed a lot of time to solve this problem going along with draining my old strategy.
    Because of the "so so"-dlc and the bugs I decrease the grade from 9 to 7.
  3. Aug 1, 2013
    Note that I'm not too far into the game. My first impression on launching the game were "meh". I have to mention that the cinematic was so nice except for the horribly noticeable narrator voice that was very cheesy. In general, for the most part, the game sounds and looks beautiful. Graphics are very customizable as well as gameplay. However, the game seems to have poor FPS issues, whichNote that I'm not too far into the game. My first impression on launching the game were "meh". I have to mention that the cinematic was so nice except for the horribly noticeable narrator voice that was very cheesy. In general, for the most part, the game sounds and looks beautiful. Graphics are very customizable as well as gameplay. However, the game seems to have poor FPS issues, which is quiet noticeable. The game comes with a fairly handy in-game tutorial option. The game isn't always obvious though. The gameplay is fairly slow, that is performing actions and watching the characters perform instructed actions in battle. The game is quiet difficult. I have it on the lowest difficulty setting and I'm having trouble. Note that the first "map" in the game isn't fully featured (I guess for learning curve), but after that the game becomes more complex and interesting. There seems to be a nice little story to accompany the game. I feel like the game needs to be more obvious in certain aspects, and maybe have difficulty options that are less difficult. As a beginner I am finding myself just walking back and forth re-capturing lost land to enemies while my amount of money, necessary to do almost anything, oh so slowly increases. The game has some pretty cool RPG elements, and I enjoy the loot collecting. The structure building system is also pretty cool. Very disappointing though that there is only one model for each class--equipping different armour or weapons does not change how the character looks. Squads are only modifiable through level and level-up skill choices. It seems every layout used for battles uses the same environment (green plains) with randomized qualities (hills, trees, lakes), which is kind of bland, except for there always being a single, small building or something at one end indicating what kind of environment it is. For example, entering a mage tower results in being on a green plain field with one hexagon containing a small tower. Expand
  4. Apr 22, 2013
    Right...
    One thing to note out of the gate is that I will be slightly biased as I love the grand strategies and this is one of such, BUT the problem with it currently is that you should not buy it...
    Right...
    Yes I know it is not a bad game it is actually alright, but the bad optimization of the game makes it as bad as Krater was unplayable on the release date, and mind you I have a mid-high end pc, yet still the game runs like liquid poop at LOWEST setting, but remember when they give you option to change the resolution it is only a choice of how much of the screen you want to see... what I mean that game is set at a resolution and if you lower it (and you can) it will begin to crop the sections of the screen causing you to be unable to see sections of the different menus and other parts of the game, and the game will still run at like 10fps.
    This is why you need to wait till they fix the gpu usage for this game otherwise it will be impossible to enjoy in a long run.
    The game has potential and so keep an eye on it but till they fix many of the issues.
    The game this reminds me of a little is Sword of the Stars 2 which was released way far from being finished and still is rather bad, but this game is better and just need some good 'ol twaking
  5. May 8, 2013
    This has the makings of a great strategy game, in the classic 4x turn-based tradition, with strong RPG elements. Unfortunately, the game studio, an indie group from Russia, is having problems getting its final product to work, even after launch. The studio is patching 1-2x a week, which is great, but still significant numbers of users are unable to play through the campaign, which isThis has the makings of a great strategy game, in the classic 4x turn-based tradition, with strong RPG elements. Unfortunately, the game studio, an indie group from Russia, is having problems getting its final product to work, even after launch. The studio is patching 1-2x a week, which is great, but still significant numbers of users are unable to play through the campaign, which is incredibly long. The frustration of having a 20+ hour game get corrupted is just not measurable, strongly advise a pass on this one until bug issues are fixed, at the current rate, I'd check back around mid-june. Expand
  6. Apr 21, 2013
    Honestly, I'm not the kind of person to care a whole lot about graphical bugs, or even a messy interface. My biggest issue with the game is that it doesn't do anything that other strategy games haven't already done. You can't simply regurgitate the exact same game, slap some better graphics on it, and expect us to just accept it.

This is a good game, but it isn't its own game. Anyone

This is a good game, but it isn't its own game. Anyone who is giving this positive reviews is really giving Eador: Genesis a positive review. Instead of releasing Eador: The Better Graphics, how about you actually increase the level of depth? Make the role-playing elements more interesting, and expand on the strategical aspects of the game. Is it going to make it more complicated? Yeah, probably, but we're playing turn-based strategy games. We like complicated.
  7. Sep 5, 2013
    Sadly, this game has a lot of potential, but it's nearly unplayable instead. Even though there are many difficulty levels to choose from, they are totally worthless. The AI is completely broken as it will not give the player a chance to play, not even on the beginner difficulty level.
  8. Apr 25, 2013
    Good game, although not exceptional.

Graphically pleasing, and not system intensive. Unit and building design is eye-catching, but with a deja-vu feeling to it, as the game tends to conform to the standard canons of fantasy races. Gameplay is entetaining enough to keep you glued to the monitor for many hours. However, there is an amount of bugs and balancing issues to resolve, as the
    Good game, although not exceptional.

Gameplay is entetaining enough to keep you glued to the monitor for many hours. However, there is an amount of bugs and balancing issues to resolve, as the initial phase for every game (the initial conquest of the neighbouring lands) is really too much slowed down by the lack of money. Also, it is almost impossible to recruit more than 3 heroes per game, which reflects on the possibility to explore, conquer or even questing, making the game pace much more slower than it should. On one hand it could be considered as a more relaxing experience, as the player as time to ponder every variable in the mix, but on the other hand the game just feels too static at times, when the player finds without money to pursue his crusade.

Events try to make the game more dynamic, and sometimes they do. A special mention must go to the variety of the events: there are really many of them, each with multiple choices, which can lead to quests, moral choices, cities revolts and many others.

Variety it's what really makes this game work. Units, buildings, magics, equipment and rpg skills and mechanics vary the game a lot, making it a most unique mix.

However, the game feels really unfinished, in part for the balancing issues already mentioned, and in part for the bugs. Sometimes the cursor blocks, forcing you to return to a city screen or to exit game, or units won't go on an hex you point them (very rarely though), and other balancing issues, such as magic being too powerful already at the second level of research. Dare not challange a mage!
  9. Nov 14, 2013
    Eador: Masters of the Broken World is a 6 verging on a 7. The biggest issue (and it's a pretty big one) is that it's immensely tedious. Both because there are so many shards to capture with no significant difference in gameplay between each shard. And because whilst playing the strategic game the strategy is always the same. Bunker down whilst leveling your hero and building theEador: Masters of the Broken World is a 6 verging on a 7. The biggest issue (and it's a pretty big one) is that it's immensely tedious. Both because there are so many shards to capture with no significant difference in gameplay between each shard. And because whilst playing the strategic game the strategy is always the same. Bunker down whilst leveling your hero and building the minimum infrastructure and then rush out and hope you don't hit a random set-back.

Do I recommended this? It's up to you. You'll already know if you like this style of game or not whilst it's no Age of Wonders it's not horrible either just tedious.
  10. Mar 8, 2014
    Technically, Eador is bad, but it's a good game and worth to be bought on sale.
    A lot of working still missing, but overall is a good and relatively addictive game. Feels to me like a board game, the strategy doesn't seem to have so much depth, but i'm just beginning to playing, to really knows it.
    If you will gonna play it, you have to know it will be a long way on a tutorial
    Technically, Eador is bad, but it's a good game and worth to be bought on sale.

If you will gonna play it, you have to know it will be a long way on a tutorial playthrough, and although it's necessary, this stage seems to be more buggy and/or bad managed. In fact the game really begins when this tutorial ends.
  11. Dec 2, 2013
    I just can't do it. I'm a turn based player through and through, from board games, to CIV, to whatever...and this just doesn't cut it. I never ran into the bugs that people reported, so I'm thinking most of this is patched up, but I am leaving because it's boring. There is absolutely zero "just one more turn" feeling to this game whatsoever. "Exploring" has no intrigue unless you likeI just can't do it. I'm a turn based player through and through, from board games, to CIV, to whatever...and this just doesn't cut it. I never ran into the bugs that people reported, so I'm thinking most of this is patched up, but I am leaving because it's boring. There is absolutely zero "just one more turn" feeling to this game whatsoever. "Exploring" has no intrigue unless you like sitting in a hex square and exploring that tile 50 times only to find tons of encounters you can't defeat and have to retreat from. When you do actually fight battles, after a few hours you'll be hitting the F10 button to autocomplete the battle so you can try and understand where they have actually buried the fun factor of this game. This game is just pretty graphics with a dull, bland, boring, repetitive core and a UI that needs to be tweaked a bit more. I had some pretty harsh criticism of Fallen Enchantress, but it's an utterly superior game to this oddball. Expand
  12. May 14, 2014
    If you like micro management then this is your game. The game is also somewhat buggy right now after the last patch the music isn't playing correctly, the auto battle is somewhat buggy as well. Graphics are ok, a bit hard to see the troops in the battle screen as they tend to blend into the landscape. I prefer Age of Wonders over this game, AoW overall is more polished and without so muchIf you like micro management then this is your game. The game is also somewhat buggy right now after the last patch the music isn't playing correctly, the auto battle is somewhat buggy as well. Graphics are ok, a bit hard to see the troops in the battle screen as they tend to blend into the landscape. I prefer Age of Wonders over this game, AoW overall is more polished and without so much micro management. Expand
  13. Nov 27, 2013
    Turn based game, it feels a bit like a combination of civilization 3 and heroes of might and magic 3. But has a lot of his own, very unique features. I have to say it's a game you etheir totally dislike or love, without any half way. Only when you stop playing it you don't really feel like you want to play it again.
    Every damn game takes too long in my opinion, sometimes it takes ages to
    Every damn game takes too long in my opinion, sometimes it takes ages to finish a game and start another.

On the bright side: It's a huge game. You have tons of different units, lots of spells, classes and combinations of them. Music and graphic, for this game type, is ok.

On the dark side: A single game takes every 10 hours of gameplay, and the campain is like 20-30 missions if you don't really know what you are doin. Sometimes it takes a lot to load, and had some crash too.

So, if you *think* by looking around this is a game you may like buy it. I have over 140 hours of play and that's worth it!
    But if you see anything you may not like around don't, it's risky.

1. Oct 8, 2013
    A good strategic RPG, with some pretty ideas, but it lacks a clear interface and some design choices undermine the final result.
  2. Oct 5, 2013
    Eador: Masters of the Broken World combines features from several fantasy games into one very nice package. [Sept 2013]
  3. Jun 27, 2013
    Eador: Masters of the Broken World has a lot going for it, but it buries a lot of its strong points under layers of monotony and frustration. It is a tough, but not impossible, game to recommend. If you are a hard core PC turn-based strategy junkie, your options or rather limited.