7.2

1. Aug 20, 2010
    Being an ardent fan of such turn based titles as HOMM, Disciples, AOW and Warlords I really wanted to like this game. Playing the game on easy mode and getting completely crushed in the second scene of the campaign, however, was quite a surprise. I found success on further attempts but it seems to me the game takes the fun out of exploring each map, as you must move directly to theBeing an ardent fan of such turn based titles as HOMM, Disciples, AOW and Warlords I really wanted to like this game. Playing the game on easy mode and getting completely crushed in the second scene of the campaign, however, was quite a surprise. I found success on further attempts but it seems to me the game takes the fun out of exploring each map, as you must move directly to the objective as quickly as possible or get wiped out. Problems still exist though, as these side towns troops end up flanking you or advancing on your tail. This while trying to win at the gold level, which may be overly ambitious for my skills. All in all a major disappointment. Expand
  2. Dec 7, 2011
    I really wanted to like this game. I even like the art and graphics (in 2011). But it really is too hard, even on the easiest setting. AI is good, but since you're heavily outnumbered, the game becomes unfair. And there's nothing as disappointing as seeing the AI gang up on your carefully nurtured elite unit and wipe it out in one turn.

1. Elven Legacy, like its predecessor Fantasy Wars warms the heart of everybody who has played Fantasy General. General game system is far superior to dominating Heroclones of Might & Magic. Game could even interest Joe Public with less garish, more realistic graphics. [Mar 2009]
  2. By (re)introducing some of the original ideas that never made it into Fantasy Wars, Elven Legacy became even more captivating than its predecessor.
  3. Fans of turn Russian developer 1C's Fantasy Wars title will feel at home here and novice players may be attracted by its simplicity and omission of in-depth resource management, but Elven Legends does little to break new ground in its genre.