8.6

1. Feb 10, 2012
    There's no place like home. Just not at home playing this game. *sigh* I am downright furious. Emerald City Confidential had all the makings of a really enjoyable point-and-click adventure title but it is one of my biggest video game disappointments. The storyline was fantastic, the voice acting was great and the music was fine. The puzzles on the other hand. WTF. It's almost like theThere's no place like home. Just not at home playing this game. *sigh* I am downright furious. Emerald City Confidential had all the makings of a really enjoyable point-and-click adventure title but it is one of my biggest video game disappointments. The storyline was fantastic, the voice acting was great and the music was fine. The puzzles on the other hand. WTF. It's almost like the developer (Dave Gilbert) forgot to include them. And there isn't a save game function which can be quite annoying at times. Wasted potential in my mind. Expand
  2. Aug 7, 2013
    Quite a fun game, also worked on by Wadjeteye Games and it is interesting when they do with the wizard of Oz lore. I quite enjoyed this and it's a nice short adventure game that I recommend to most anyone willing to have a go with it, not ot mention it's quite cheap and easy to find online.

1. Emerald City Confidential is a good-looking, atmospheric, light-hearted fairytale with stellar writing, perhaps even too stellar for a casual game.
  2. If ultra-challenging puzzles are your thing, you might be disappointed, but if you’re all about the story and characters, you should book a trip on the next available cyclone to beautiful (and dangerous) Emerald City.
  3. A solid but but unspectacular point-and-click adventure. It will scratch the itch to play games of its type but breaks no ground and does little to further the appeal of such games. Its moderate challenge level may be a little low for veteran players, who may find aspects of it disappointing.