8.4

1. Sep 6, 2010
    Painful and slow gameplay make it incomprehensible that this game actually came after Age of Empires I. To me it feels like a primitive predecessor of that classic game in every way.
  2. May 19, 2011
    I grew up with RTS games such as this as well as Age of Empires II. Empire Earth and Age of Empires have their similarites, but I believe they are quite different games. The campaigns of Empire Earth are historically accurate and a bunch of fun to play. Skirmish mode is great too. If you enjoy slower paced RTS games than Empire Earth is a game that is certainly worth buying, if not, then try Age of Empires. Either way this is up there on the best RTS games ever list. Expand
  3. Jun 18, 2012
    This game was pretty good.The evolution from Stone Age to the Nano Age seemed an innovative idea.
    Unfortunately, the gameplay is copied from Age of Empires.No civilization, there is only one that collect bonuses.Campaigns are boring, the stories do not attract.The downside is the graphics, though it is 3D, you can not rotate camera.And the units are unfinished and square.
    I'm also
    bothered by mixing cultures, ex: in the Dark Ages find legionaries,barbarians and Persians together in the barracks.I am bothered by the fact that in the Nano Age, people still cut trees with axes and still use Pickaxe.

Instead, the matches are spectacular in skirmish and multiplayer.
  4. May 16, 2013
    Best RTS I have ever played, hands down. Empire Earth has a steep learning curve, but once you got the basics down, it really is a fun experience with tons of replay value. The map and scenario editor really are icing on the cake.
  5. Nov 24, 2010
    Good Game, I liked Like Civilization. I tried once in normal and then I used some cheats I found on the net, Awesome Experience... Definitely one that you NEED to have on your gaming collection
  6. Jul 22, 2012
    This game is not Age of Empires. At all. Other than the fact that they are both RTS. So everyone stop suggesting that.

Otherwise, this game came out in 2001 and when it did it was great for its time and it still has replay value. One of my favorite RTS and games of all time, even though I gave it an 8, it is a fair score based on some small problems in the game.
  7. Jun 21, 2012
    Best RTS I've played. Empire Earth 2 wasn't as good and I hear Empire Earth 3 was even worse. What's up with sequels these days? Meesa don't like them very much.
  8. Jul 9, 2012
    This is the one hell of a RTS game. Playing this game was a real eye-opener to me. Even though the gameplay was really similar to the one of the Age of Empires series. I was only a little boy, but had an huge imagination. The basics of the Prehistoric Age fitted right, and all my expectations of the evolution tot the Nano Age were displayed on a screen in front of my eyes. For its time, the graphics weren't that horrible. The sound effects I kept imitating after hours of playing in one time are still burned in my memory. If you're wondering what the campaign was like, I can't remember unfortunately... But I can tell you, this game i definitely worth the money. Expand
  9. Jul 29, 2013
    A good game. Actually, it's just like Age of Empires, but with a much much bigger tech tree, multiple tech epochs and 3D graphics. It's all classics of the RTS genre
  10. May 16, 2013
    It is my opinion that this game was the apex of the RTS genre. Even amazing games like Supreme Commander fail to match up to the brilliance of Empire Earth. Empire Earth features in depth gameplay, stunning visuals, and an inspiring soundtrack. The pinnacle of the game is it's map and scenario editor.

1. While it isn’t perfect, it does offer up one hell of a good time. [Holiday 2001, p.96]
  2. Empire Earth’s kitchen sink design is too massive (if at time unwieldy) to be darkened by the shadow cast by a dozen games. [Feb 2002, p.94]
  3. It’s enjoyable, but because of the top-heavy resource management it’s easy to feel overwhelmed.