7.0

1. Mar 27, 2015
    The game is monotanous & poorly designed.

The game is monotanous & poorly designed.

The enemy AI is terrible & goes from being completely stupid to jump around & avoid all your attacks while they bash your face in. If you play a ranged character you're gonna have a hard time because the enemies are constantly moving & have tiny heads and you NEED to headshot them in order to kill them. If you play a melee character you're gonna have an even worse time because every enemy is so small your swings will always go over them or he'll just swing at wierd angles so if the enemy isn't short you'll miss anyways.

The levels are really linear as well. It's pretty much a straight line, with one offshoot that unlocks if you can save someone from dying & some dead ends that hide more gold. Enemies also spawn out of no where. You'll often walk through an area with no enemies only to have them spawn behind you.

The games not unplayable, but it is frustrating. I'd not recommend it unless you get it on a good sale.
  2. Feb 5, 2015
    This game is quite old, and yes, it crashes sometimes (Actually now seems fixed by removing v sync) frame rate is embarassing same is the camera angle, but still I think the game itself is quite enjoyable: Many characters to play with, many weapons, 2 different campaigns.
    The graphics are not that bad for a game of more than 10 years ago, and some effects and plot twists are almost surprising.
    It has even the right level of difficulty. In particular, it is damn hard to find all the coins in all levels, but doing so is unsuitable and annoying 'cause of backtracking.
    I am actually enjoying playing it again after so much time. It was one of the first game in bought as a 11 years old :')
    Totally worth it for 1 $ on Steam (actually 0,65 € in my country).
  3. Apr 4, 2014
    This game had great graphics at the time of release which is the main positive of what has been said by previous reviews. As time goes by the power of old graphics wears off , so the game play and story become the only reason to play it.

Sadly this game fails that as the story is ok and the game play is quite poor, being highly repetitive and lacking depth.
  4. Nov 5, 2013
    Can say som things about this game first is quite normal look and interesting atmosphere, second is wery fun gameplay who love dungeon type games (I mean kill em all with puzle missions), third is quite normalprimitive battle style (More orientired on joystick, but wery easy to play on mouse+keyboard), but 1 thing what I dont like much is too way easy for hard difficulty, but anyway lotsCan say som things about this game first is quite normal look and interesting atmosphere, second is wery fun gameplay who love dungeon type games (I mean kill em all with puzle missions), third is quite normalprimitive battle style (More orientired on joystick, but wery easy to play on mouse+keyboard), but 1 thing what I dont like much is too way easy for hard difficulty, but anyway lots of fun and good to evening relax...
    I like it and really can reccomend if you like fun games.
  5. Oct 12, 2013
    I have to say... this is really bad. First of all you have exactly one attack. No block, no roll, etc. Just wildly spamming left mouse. Second, this is easy on the hardest mode. Third, this is a TERRIBLE console port. You can't even navigate the menu with your mouse... that's how lazy they were. No real graphics improvements either. Ironically you can't use a controller to play either.I have to say... this is really bad. First of all you have exactly one attack. No block, no roll, etc. Just wildly spamming left mouse. Second, this is easy on the hardest mode. Third, this is a TERRIBLE console port. You can't even navigate the menu with your mouse... that's how lazy they were. No real graphics improvements either. Ironically you can't use a controller to play either. They did not make the gold fun to find either, its always just hiding behind the rock you are passing or stairs you are going up. And the saving is automatic at start of level with no checkpoints in between, meaning if you fell off a thin flight of stairs or something, you are stuck repeating the level. Expand
  6. Oct 4, 2013
    This is an underrated gem. The controls are fixed (compared to the Xbox version), and that improves the game overall, leaving intact the excellent level design, physics, graphics, and gameplay that already grace the PC version.
  7. Oct 4, 2013
    A great game that reminds me why I love the action/adventure genre. The graphics are great, the premise is unique, the gameplay is solid, and there's a sense of exploration from trying to find the hidden stashes of gold.
  8. JohnM.
    Nov 26, 2007
    I would've given this a solid 8 if not for the typical lazy console port job. Lack of any sort of quicksave is inexcusable on PC, and these days it shouldn't be tolerated on consoles either. I'll never understand the stupidity of most console developers. Which one of these ruins the immersiveness and flow of a game more: being able to hit F5 to save anywhere you want, then I would've given this a solid 8 if not for the typical lazy console port job. Lack of any sort of quicksave is inexcusable on PC, and these days it shouldn't be tolerated on consoles either. I'll never understand the stupidity of most console developers. Which one of these ruins the immersiveness and flow of a game more: being able to hit F5 to save anywhere you want, then F7 to load, or having to replay the exact same level, doing the exact same thing, over and over until you hit some checkpoint or end the level? Pretty obvious to me. Expand
  9. SilentScope
    Feb 17, 2005
    Good old fashioned mindless hack/slash/magic fare, with nice graphics and great sound. Nice change from all the serious pc games out there.
  10. HernanS.
    Jun 29, 2003
    Beautiful graphics,good atmosphere, but few tough Bosses. No in game saves.
  11. Akkmutd
    Apr 30, 2003
    Challenging... ... Especially attempts to grab all the golds & survive!
  12. Xandarth
    Mar 24, 2003
    It's actually not that bad. The graphics are nice, the gameplay is simple but fun. There are a few drawbacks like traps (it's no fun to die because of a trap having to start all over again just because you couldn't reach that checkpoint 2 steps ahead of the trap) but after all the game is quite what i expected and quite fun to play!
  13. Jok`RdeMo
    Mar 22, 2003
    One word - CONSOLE. If you like PS2 or X-BOX, then U will like this, but every self respecting PC gamer will hate this game. I gave it one point only because of graphics, everything else sux.

1. The PC version of Enclave has a much tighter control scheme then compared to the Xbox version.
  2. This fun is tempered by the frustration created by the lack of mid-mission saves, surprise death traps, and a combat system which makes a challenging game even more difficult.
  3. The PC version is very playable, has a good story line and will give you plenty of bang for your buck.