Enigma: Rising Tide PC

5.7

1. MitchC.
    Sep 16, 2007
    Best PC game I've owned. The speech recognition makes it truly the best. I'm aware of some folks having issues with running it but from the forums I've read there is no reason you shouldn't be up and running in no time. Very, very cool. I'm anxious for Tesseraction's next Enigma version. Started Sept. 07.
  2. AlbertK.
    Jan 7, 2004
    I think its an outstanding game. Even tho the last sub-game I played was Das Boot on a 386... Enigma: Rising Tide are easy to operate, yet quite advanced as in real. The graphics are not top-of-the-hill, but at least this game runs smoothly even if you don't have the very latest computerhardware. Stop comparing it to other games.
  3. NRStevens
    Aug 22, 2003
    This is a great naval game. It has a lot of feature deoth, the graphics are very good, and it is a lot of fun to play. The interface is very clean and logical and even though the gameplay is complex, you don't have to read a 200 page manual to learn how to play. The best thing about Enigma is the dev team have shown an outstanding level of support with this game. They answer questionsThis is a great naval game. It has a lot of feature deoth, the graphics are very good, and it is a lot of fun to play. The interface is very clean and logical and even though the gameplay is complex, you don't have to read a 200 page manual to learn how to play. The best thing about Enigma is the dev team have shown an outstanding level of support with this game. They answer questions and comments on the Subsim.com forums, they have released several feature upgrades, and this December they plan to take Enigma into full massive Multiplayer waters. Try the demo, you'll probably like Enigma. Expand
  4. KellyA.
    Sep 10, 2003
    Reading the user reviews here, I'm not sure what game Tham and Mirko T. are referring to. We've received acclaim for our graphics, music and dynamic audio from nearly every professional review we have received. "Graphics looks like some DOS game..." That's pretty funny. Readers, do yourself a favor and check out the screenshots, check out the reviews and ignore the trolls Reading the user reviews here, I'm not sure what game Tham and Mirko T. are referring to. We've received acclaim for our graphics, music and dynamic audio from nearly every professional review we have received. "Graphics looks like some DOS game..." That's pretty funny. Readers, do yourself a favor and check out the screenshots, check out the reviews and ignore the trolls who obviously haven't played a legitimate copy of Enigma: Rising Tide. Expand

1. In my opinion what could make this good game into a fantastic game would have been the use of voiceovers. If I could hear "in coming torpedoes" then I could yell out "Hard to starboard ahead flank" That would have even been more realistic.
  2. I haven't enjoyed a naval simulator this much since "Silent Hunter II." A great title!
  3. Computer Games Magazine
    For now this feels like a course at the naval academy while you wait to get out to sea. [Aug 2003, p.87]