Enigma: Rising Tide PC

5.7

1. CommandoDude
    Jul 4, 2008
    The campaign is impossible to beat since your allies all suck. It is impossible to accurately find and destroy subs. It was overall fun for a bit, but there weren't enough missions to do. I didn't really like the game. Despite being fun, there are real drawbacks in actually defeating an enemy and how helpful your allies are (Which is incredibly critical given how many enemies youThe campaign is impossible to beat since your allies all suck. It is impossible to accurately find and destroy subs. It was overall fun for a bit, but there weren't enough missions to do. I didn't really like the game. Despite being fun, there are real drawbacks in actually defeating an enemy and how helpful your allies are (Which is incredibly critical given how many enemies you may have to defeat). Expand
  2. NRStevens
    Aug 22, 2003
    This is a great naval game. It has a lot of feature deoth, the graphics are very good, and it is a lot of fun to play. The interface is very clean and logical and even though the gameplay is complex, you don't have to read a 200 page manual to learn how to play. The best thing about Enigma is the dev team have shown an outstanding level of support with this game. They answer questionsThis is a great naval game. It has a lot of feature deoth, the graphics are very good, and it is a lot of fun to play. The interface is very clean and logical and even though the gameplay is complex, you don't have to read a 200 page manual to learn how to play. The best thing about Enigma is the dev team have shown an outstanding level of support with this game. They answer questions and comments on the Subsim.com forums, they have released several feature upgrades, and this December they plan to take Enigma into full massive Multiplayer waters. Try the demo, you'll probably like Enigma. Collapse
  3. MirkoT.
    Jun 28, 2003
    The graphics are ugly (especially the interior of the subs looks like being drawn by a seven-years-old child), there is almost no sound (you don't hear any voices, exploding ships don't make any sounds, the few sounds actually present are poor and/or unrealistic), the interface is not exact, and - of course this only applies to the German version - the German translation is so The graphics are ugly (especially the interior of the subs looks like being drawn by a seven-years-old child), there is almost no sound (you don't hear any voices, exploding ships don't make any sounds, the few sounds actually present are poor and/or unrealistic), the interface is not exact, and - of course this only applies to the German version - the German translation is so bad that it seems more like a bad joke than a serious game (German submarines have ENGLISH names). Expand
  4. THAM
    Sep 9, 2003
    I agree with Mirko T. The graphics, interface, simulation of the subs' controls and sounds are very poor. The sounds of enemy ships' guns are like some third-rate Hong Kong gangster movie. The graphics looks like some DOS game similar to "SSN" some years back.
  5. KellyA.
    Sep 10, 2003
    Reading the user reviews here, I'm not sure what game Tham and Mirko T. are referring to. We've received acclaim for our graphics, music and dynamic audio from nearly every professional review we have received. "Graphics looks like some DOS game..." That's pretty funny. Readers, do yourself a favor and check out the screenshots, check out the reviews and ignore the trolls Reading the user reviews here, I'm not sure what game Tham and Mirko T. are referring to. We've received acclaim for our graphics, music and dynamic audio from nearly every professional review we have received. "Graphics looks like some DOS game..." That's pretty funny. Readers, do yourself a favor and check out the screenshots, check out the reviews and ignore the trolls who obviously haven't played a legitimate copy of Enigma: Rising Tide. Expand
  6. ScottyBabes
    Sep 18, 2003
    All the text in the game is unreadable, even after ungrading my drivers and their tech support is more than useless which is a shame cos it looks like a good game but i just cant play it.
  7. AlbertK.
    Jan 7, 2004
    I think its an outstanding game. Even tho the last sub-game I played was Das Boot on a 386... Enigma: Rising Tide are easy to operate, yet quite advanced as in real. The graphics are not top-of-the-hill, but at least this game runs smoothly even if you don't have the very latest computerhardware. Stop comparing it to other games.
  8. ChrisN.
    Dec 3, 2005
    Bought the game and brought it home only to find out it didnt work, either the company itself messed up or their was so many damn hackers which i doubt but either way when i tried to enter my CD Key it said it was invalid. I did buy this game off the cheap rack at EB GAmes but still be nice if it bloody well worked.
  9. MitchC.
    Sep 16, 2007
    Best PC game I've owned. The speech recognition makes it truly the best. I'm aware of some folks having issues with running it but from the forums I've read there is no reason you shouldn't be up and running in no time. Very, very cool. I'm anxious for Tesseraction's next Enigma version. Started Sept. 07.

1. In my opinion what could make this good game into a fantastic game would have been the use of voiceovers. If I could hear "in coming torpedoes" then I could yell out "Hard to starboard ahead flank" That would have even been more realistic.
  2. I haven't enjoyed a naval simulator this much since "Silent Hunter II." A great title!
  3. Computer Games Magazine
    For now this feels like a course at the naval academy while you wait to get out to sea. [Aug 2003, p.87]