Escape from Monkey Island PC

8.2

1. ChristineW.
    Aug 21, 2001
    It is really awesome, funny, and challenging!
  2. DougF.
    Feb 4, 2002
    It's simply the best!!!
  3. JakeP.
    Mar 9, 2002
    Impossible! Without a walkthrough I never had a chance. Bad storyline. Too repetitive
  4. JimmyM.
    Apr 24, 2002
    Exellent, some hard parts.
  5. CindyF.
    May 20, 2003
    Fab' love the monkey Kombat stuff! It's hard and very challenging. However, I found The Curse of Monkey Island split my side with more quirky joke and comments.
  6. ReevanF.
    Aug 11, 2003
    Great game. Never played a better one before.
  7. MitrengaG.
    Mar 29, 2004
    It is excellent! It has everything in it : Fun (lots of it) , adventure , fighting and what i like the most , mindless chatting and mindless actions. Hahaha excellent game.
  8. Kon
    Mar 3, 2007
    This game has a lot of humor and color in it, the characters are very well developed and consistent (with the visual exception) throughout the series. The controls can be a bit awkward, especially with a fixed angle camera on every area. A very decent game for it's genre.
  9. JimbowJambow
    Oct 23, 2001
    I'm lovin it lovin it lovin it. I'm lovin it like this.
  10. MaureenD.
    Jan 3, 2003
    I think Escape from monkey Island is a cool game..but if I never had the walk through I would't even be able to do a thing! :) Its hard..but it makes oyu use your brain..and think. Its very fun.
  11. ReevanF.
    Aug 11, 2003
    Great game. Never played a better one before.
  12. MatthewJ.
    Mar 24, 2004
    This game is a great adventure which really gets you involved. A good one even if you are not a fan of the adventure games!
  13. Member27
    Jun 24, 2004
    Its not bad, but age has certainly been harsh to this game while its predecessors are still as good as they day they first came out of the box. Many of the puzzles are baffling and Monkey Kombat just plain sucks. Please, go back to 2D animation and the CMI interface.
  14. Alex
    Feb 20, 2005
    Now, i'm not going to say this is the best game in the series. its far from it. but its still pretty kick ass. setting aside the wierd interface and controls, this is one very solid, very funny adventure game. you can't play the first 3 Monkey Island games and not play this one. its like eating a 4 course meal and... um... leaving out the 4th course.
  15. Tiberiu
    Nov 6, 2001
    Equally as good as Grim Fandango.
  16. JohnD.
    Jul 22, 2001
    It rocks.
  17. SarahK.
    Jun 29, 2002
    Fun game, but disappointing ending. Monkey Kombat is not as witty as previous MI games' insult fighting. I ran across a few technical glitches in the game play. The best part is exploring the islands, and talking with characters, but the puzzles themselves are a bit boring.
  18. ThomasL.
    Aug 17, 2002
    As always with the Monkey Island series, it is great!!!! This is the kind of game i like, there aren't many of this kind of games. The puzzels where great and not to difficult. Only one puzzle i just couldn't solve, and unfortunatley had to use the walktrough. It was the puzzle where you need to throw the rocks into the canals. That was a little far fetched.
  19. RazvyT.
    Nov 23, 2006
    The game's very, very good but I can't give it a 10 because I think ... eh ... I know that Monkey 3 was better. This is a amazing game with a great storyline, a great gameplay, what the heck ... everything's great. A excellent game!
  20. May 23, 2013
    This game would be a good adventure if it hadn't the "Monkey Island" name on the box. Good adventure game, BAAAAD Monkey Island sequel (it's the 4th installment).
  21. Mar 7, 2016
    Definetely doesn't deserve all the hate it had, at least back in the day. The graphics, at least for characters are not very appealing and the monkey combat was simply stupid, but everything else is just what you can expect from a Monkey island, definetely a good game in the saga, just probably not as good as the 3 previous ones.

1. The humor is droll but affecting, and the game play so well laid out that this program has to be considered a worthy sequel to its predecessor.
  2. Players who're new to the Monkey Island series may get the sense while playing the game that they're watching a bunch of old friends regale each other with old in-jokes; it's easy to feel as if you're being left out of the fun if you don't catch the references.
  3. EMI is not a bad game but it will never join its brethren in the panoply of gods of the genre. I for one would like to see LucasArts get out of the sequel to sequel to sequel business altogether and focus solely on new ideas.