Euro Truck Simulator 2 PC

8.7

1. FGM
    Jul 27, 2016
    HOW, does this waste of time, garbage, has such a high score ?!?! You do realise people are getting paid to do the same boring kind of crap at work, and you expect me to pay for it to do it at home, on my PC o.O ?!? You are absolutely nuts and anyone who plays the game just proves people are simply stupid. If I'd ever dream of driving a lorry I'd get a job as a lorry driver !!!! What aHOW, does this waste of time, garbage, has such a high score ?!?! You do realise people are getting paid to do the same boring kind of crap at work, and you expect me to pay for it to do it at home, on my PC o.O ?!? You are absolutely nuts and anyone who plays the game just proves people are simply stupid. If I'd ever dream of driving a lorry I'd get a job as a lorry driver !!!! What a wast of TIME !!! Expand
  2. Jul 2, 2016
    Great game. We can download all mods, maps - anything, would we like. Perfect scenery, detailed trucks and acceories, I can´t any words, beacuse it´s a very successful game in this century.
  3. Jun 16, 2016
    Самый лучший на сегодняшний день симулятор евтопейского дальнобойщика!!! Приятная графика,хорошая физика.Огромный игровой мир и неплохие возможности по тюнингу!!!+ основание и развитие своей собственной транспортной компании!!! (а лучший симулятор американского дальнобойщика это "Дальнабойщики 3 Покорение америки")Самый лучший на сегодняшний день симулятор евтопейского дальнобойщика!!! Приятная графика,хорошая физика.Огромный игровой мир и неплохие возможности по тюнингу!!!+ основание и развитие своей собственной транспортной компании!!! (а лучший симулятор американского дальнобойщика это "Дальнабойщики 3 Покорение америки")
  4. Apr 28, 2016
    This game is something I never would have imagined I would like. Driving a truck around the major roads and cities of Europe??? Nah!! I'll pass thanks.

But, thanks to a humble bundle.....I ended up receiving this sneaky little bugger of a game. There is a surprising, relaxed feel about this game while you are moving cargo from one place to another, even when you have to concentrate

There is a surprising, relaxed feel about this game while you are moving cargo from one place to another, even when you have to concentrate on keeping within speed limits or in lanes for shifting off of a junction.

The DLC available to increase your working environment to Scandinavia and Eastern Europe are very welcome additions, with a further one expected to expand Western Europe more. But the modding community is in force here with additional cities being added to the existing maps to increase it all further are really great.

The driving itself is really simple with a few extra keys available for lights and wipers when needed. There are additional keys for other elements that you can choose not to use if you want. You can also add real radio station streams to be played in game to give it a bit of an authentic feel too.

There is a nice levelling system in place which expands your driving length per job or cargoes you can haul as you progress.

The biggest issue I have had is with parking at my arrival points. Reversing in these trucks is very difficult unless you really concentrate but this can be time consuming. Thankfully there is an option to skip the parking with no loss of income. You just make extra for manual parking as opposed to losing it for the AI doing it for you.

This is a game I can drop in and out of for short bursts which allows me to do a job or 2 locally, or I can got for a long haul, if the feeling takes me.

But, I must warn...driving through Denmark is dull as hell.
  5. Mar 29, 2016
    Player since the first edition of Euro Truck Simulator, Great game, fantastic graphics, but steering by keyboard quite inaccurate, no seasons (it's always summer), motorways not very accurate in terms of junctions, exits, labelling and routing ( e.g. not a single motorway leading through the Ruhrgebiet, absolutely unrealistic), effect of damages to the truck rather poor, very poor a.i.Player since the first edition of Euro Truck Simulator, Great game, fantastic graphics, but steering by keyboard quite inaccurate, no seasons (it's always summer), motorways not very accurate in terms of junctions, exits, labelling and routing ( e.g. not a single motorway leading through the Ruhrgebiet, absolutely unrealistic), effect of damages to the truck rather poor, very poor a.i. behaviour in terms of how the cars are driving (slow down apruptly on the open road with no reason, stop when entering a motoway, all this often causes accidents), just ghost towns you hardly ever see people in the cities, Expand
  6. Feb 9, 2016
    The game is now 3 years old and still under developement. It´s the best Simulator that is one the market until now and you can have endless fun with this product. It´s a very n ice feeling, trucking from one city to another and hearing radio via included Internet stream.
  7. Feb 2, 2016
    i like this game but i wish there was a wide load van in the game and the rest stops was bugger and i hope they do that soon as it would look nice and even better
  8. Jan 3, 2016
    This is quite easily the most oddly addictive and relaxing game I've fooled with in quite a long time. The feeling of truly 'truckin' combined with the desire to 'pimp your ride' added in with touring Europe - I'm lovin' it. The game is easy to jump into - saves are simple, so you can step away safely from the keyboard at any time.

Strap in, dig up your most flashy paint job scheme,

Strap in, dig up your most flashy paint job scheme, toss in your favorite MP3's or Tune in to your favorite station online on the Truck Radio and cruise.
  9. Dec 2, 2015
    NOTE: This review is copied from my Steam review of the game.

Honestly one of the most relaxing video games I've ever had the experience to play. At first glance, it seems like an incredibly boring game in an over-saturated market of simulator games. Most simulator games have become a joke in the gaming community, but this game is genuinely fun. Starting off as just a delivery boy,
    NOTE: This review is copied from my Steam review of the game.

Starting off as just a delivery boy, driving other people's trucks, doing jobs for others can give you hours of entertainment, roaming around the area, all around Europe can feel incredibly relaxing and is a brilliant excuse to listen to a podcast or some music while playing a game.

Although it’s not incredibly realistic in all ways, there are no random occurrences, no police or law enforcements and just the occasional speeding cameras to check if you’re abiding by the speed limit, it’s not the most realistic simulator game on the market. However, it does give the player a basic idea of what it would be like to drive a truck for a living, and it does try hard to make itself a serious game, while also being a relaxing and fun one.
    Getting to the point where you have enough money to purchase your own truck is where the game gets really interesting. Being allowed to roam around the whole of Europe at free will is an amazing blast and then you can work your way up to creating a huge empire of truckers, becoming rich beyond your wildest dreams.
    Without going into too much more detail, this game is a must purchase. A pure joy to experience and with a thriving modding community allowing you to play ONLINE with other people and more, it’s an essential game in your Steam library.
  10. Nov 30, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. é simplesmente um ótimo simulador sua principais vantagens são qualidade grafica excelente,realidade muito boa quase igual ao mundo real entre outras. Expand
  11. Nov 25, 2015
    I am a Newbie when it comes to Euro Truck Simulator 2 and I gotta say, I really enjoy it. There's something to grabbing a cup of coffee and driving across Europe in a Big Rig listening to some French radio station. You really feel the part, as though you're a trucker. It's relaxing and I can not wait for the American version comes out.
  12. Nov 23, 2015
    The game is just amazing. I love play this game. For me this game is amazing ! Nothing more to comment because this game is amazing ! I rate this 10/10
  13. Nov 17, 2015
    Best driving simulation game ever made.
    -Can even play with a **** keyboard With 900 degrees .
    -I laughed the hardest i ever have after downloading it, its that funny this game is amazing. -The controls are that realistic , its more as realistic as those racing similators forza and project are saying they are. -New updates includes things like construction zones. -Only downside is I
    Best driving simulation game ever made.
    -Can even play with a **** keyboard With 900 degrees .
    -New updates includes things like construction zones.
    -Only downside is I can't see the traffic lights, and its European traffic laws.
    I wish they made a racing game like this with this engine. Cops chase you, radar scanners lasers like real life More reason to signal etc
  14. Nov 14, 2015
    Best served with your favourite radio station.

Jokes aside, Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a well made relaxing truck driving game. It's not much a "simulator" in the exact meaning of the word, i'd say it's more a simulator adaptation for everyone to enjoy and not only die hard fans. Playing Euro Truck Simulator you drive all around a stylized Europe, from country roads to highways,
    Best served with your favourite radio station.

Playing Euro Truck Simulator you drive all around a stylized Europe, from country roads to highways, mostly pleasurably detailed and with the precision of signs and traffic laws you'd expect from a simulator.
    What I found a bit annoying were strange intersections (you will never find intersections that take a lane away), not being able to refill in towns (every real town has at least a gas station), lack of content for non-central Europe states (you cannot go to Sicily for example)
    On the other end I really liked the AI of other cars/vans/trucks, they mostly react like human drivers would to unforeseen events.

EDIT: In recent free updates (following the release of the new "Scandinavia" expansion) the whole graphics got a huge rework and since most concerns of my previous review were about the "poor" graphic implementation, they are all gone. The game now looks fabulous with no impact on performance (actually if feels even better).
    The developers also solved a few issues so that the game is more realistic and even more a pleasure to be played.

While before the "Scandinavia" expansion this game for me was a little more than 7/10 now it's definitely 9/10. Good job SCS Software.
    Recommended to everyone able to use a PC.
  15. Oct 25, 2015
    Yapanların eline sağlık grafikler çok süper ama eksikler de var yağmur yanı sıra kar yağışı yollarda buz kar mevsimsel olaylarının olması lastıklere zincir takmak araçların kirlenmesi gibi daha gerçekci şeyler gelirse dünyanın en güzel oyunu olur :)
  16. Oct 23, 2015
    Me encanta conducir, no puedo negarlo, amo conducir, y este juego hace que sigas ese amor en real. La capacidad de administrar una empresa de camiones, de conseguirlos, de hacer tus rutas... Es un juego PRECIOSO aunque parezca difícil adjetivizar un simulador de camiones de esta forma.
  17. Sep 12, 2015
    One of the best games I have ever played in this genre.

The graphics are superb, the sounds are authentic and the level of realism is great. Its an interactive living free roaming environment. No empty roads or just a few cars here but busy roads with various traffic.
  18. Sep 4, 2015
    in my opinion, this is the better simulator of trucks on the world, its to relax and invite new friends on the steam and a some new actualization its a new surprise.. sorry my english..
  19. Aug 31, 2015
    My major criticism with this game is that it starts slow, it continues slow, and it ends slow.

Yes, ok to play along with hearing a podcast, youtube or tv. But you always are expecting that the game is going to get better, but it doesn't. First truck you get is about as good as the best truck you can get in the game, there is hardly no difference. Played about 6 hours of the game, I

Played about 6 hours of the game, I had to use the cheat engine to advance in game to see if it changed, thank god I did.

6/10 and I'm being generous.
  20. Aug 9, 2015
    Its put together well enough and you can't fault it for its scope. But I don't get it. Its just driving a truck round Europe which fairly unsurprisingly involves literally hours of driving down a motorway. I suppose there is a novelty in that you're in a truck and there is a surprisingly small amount of traffic even on the M25. But that seems to be it. I am sure I am missing something asIts put together well enough and you can't fault it for its scope. But I don't get it. Its just driving a truck round Europe which fairly unsurprisingly involves literally hours of driving down a motorway. I suppose there is a novelty in that you're in a truck and there is a surprisingly small amount of traffic even on the M25. But that seems to be it. I am sure I am missing something as this game has such good reviews but basically it is just insanely boring! It's like driving down the motorway - which I often do in my actual car and that is also boring. Take from that what you will. Expand
  21. Jul 28, 2015
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 is where you can fulfill your dreams of driving a big rig, but to be able to free drive, you need to work and get the money for it. You have a insanely large area to explore, many different trucks to drive, and even add mods to enhance the gameplay, you can even listen to your own song list, or listen to some radio stations included in the app.

Trailer :

Trailer : http://y2u.be/xlTuC18xVII

This game is worth it, no doubt about it ;)

Calming game { Except for when you miss the turn or exit XD }
  22. Jul 24, 2015
    If you're anyway interested in transporting, just buy it, and you WILL enjoy it. The graphics are awesome, trucks are awesome (and there are lot of different trucks, from multiple real manufacturers) the handling is awesome and managing your company feels good too.
  23. Jul 18, 2015
    This is the first trucking game i have played properly, its a relaxed game with beautiful scenery. This game is worth the money and i am prepared to spend money on the add ons that keep getting released. Absolutely spot on game i have no complaints, well done to the makers to put so much effort into this game.
  24. Jul 8, 2015
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 is one of the games i always keep returning to. I basically like it but the gameplay soon gets a bit boring due to it's simplicity. It's more about cruising thru Europe with a truck than anything else. So if you like that, then it's your game. For a 10/10 it would need more gameplay complexity and better motivating balance in higher levels.
  25. Jun 15, 2015
    A good sim. I think there is room for improvement. I would see truck parts from each company and some that are available to all, instead of having all parts available for all trucks. Makes it useless to have different companies.

It's too evident which company to choose from since they have the best truck right off the bat. Why should we go for another company when there is this one?

Also, each truck dealer shows the same truck many times, they're not different, they just got different upgrades. Each major truck dealer should have at least three REALLY different trucks, with one additional fully upgraded version of each. I don't see the point of buying a half upgraded truck. I either buy a cheap one with no upgrades or a fully upgraded one.

Boy, was I disappointed when I saw that all the trucks each dealer was selling was just replicas of the first but with more upgrades and a different paini job. this sucks

Anothing thing that sucks is that there are too many dumdum dlcs. I mean, who would waste money for paintjobs dlcs? Come on, are these guys beggars or something? Just put every darn paint job into one dlc, sell it 5$ and be done with it.

The designers wastes too much time with stupid eyecandy stuff and not enough on expanding for real this game. There are only a very few true expansions, 2 or 3 I think, and the game was released in 2013!

The AI is dumb, and for a sim, that's a really bad thing. For example, I check left and right before going onto a road at a crossroad, no one. I drive forward and turn, then boom! an idiot rams me at 100 km/h++. Man! Wasn't he watching the road? Later in another job, I do something else but I still watch for incoming vehicles, none to be seen, then BOOM! another idiot rams me. Ok, maybe this happens once or twice a year irl in a country, some idiot was sleeping on his steering wheel and bang, or some moron was tweeting or texting and then bang! But not every day!

The recent updates have increased the realism of the game, trucks don't stop so easily now... but why didn't the designer do this since day one? It show how little they know of trucks to start with, but also shows that they care about their sim by releasing patches.

The sim is still enjoyable, but since this game looks so serious, maybe the physics engine and depth of the game should be propotionate to its looks. Because all these designers do is improve the look of the game and not the game itself. :/

Anyway, I bought it for like 5$ and I think it's worth at least that... if they would stop releasing crappy paint job dlcs and include all of them in the base game, maybe I would a pay 6 or 7$. Once you are in the game (this year's version) you see that there is very little depth, very few truck parts that you have no idea what effect they have on your truck aside from the lights and engine which are obvious... even though I have upgrade my truck to the best engine from the lowest and saw little change, if non at all...
  26. Jun 7, 2015
    Firstly This Game Is Nice For A FEW DAYS and then it is boring. i cant recognise anything.
  27. May 22, 2015
    The concept of the game was very interesting in that you could take something so simple and make it so complex; however, games are supposed to be entertaining and while this game was okay, it was not as entertaining as most of the games I play. In short: interesting concept, but not so well put into practice.
  28. May 10, 2015
    I was transporting a 30 ton bulldozer in 150 km/h (93.2 mph), just outside Rotterdam.
    80 km/h limit road -> no speeding ticket
    Rammed an unsuspected civilian's BMW -> no crashed vehicle offense
    Goes dark -> Got charged with headlight offense.

10/10 would go "Truckmageddon mode" again.
  29. May 4, 2015
    Harika bir oyun olmuş yaaa k kafa yormak

Öğrenci emirhan konca Yani güzel söz söyluyor

Öğrenci emirhan konca O Kadar güzel konuşuyordu ki sanki ağzından bal damlamak

Öğrenci emirhan konca Nasıl Böyle bir hatta yaptı hala aklı almamak

Öğrenci emirhan konca Çablamasını yitirmedi için Kurtuluyor ve çırpanaca o dereece
  30. Apr 29, 2015
    Super simulator from a Czech company that is number one in the market. Every lover can try what it is to drive a truck through Europe there is a lot of trucks, maps,mods and accessories with which the impression of playing a more real.
  31. Mar 28, 2015
    O melhor simulador de todos os tempos. Falta agora usar o mesmo motor para viagens com ônibus mudando apenas o trailler e estabelecendo estações nas cidades e pontos rurais.
  32. Mar 19, 2015
    If you've ever wondered what it was like to be a truck driver, out there on that lonely road, left to your own personal devices, then your opportunity has finally arrived! I mean sure, there have been plenty of truck driving simulators for the PC over the past few decades, but let's be honest here and admit that they all sucked and were basically just one big gigantic tease that all of usIf you've ever wondered what it was like to be a truck driver, out there on that lonely road, left to your own personal devices, then your opportunity has finally arrived! I mean sure, there have been plenty of truck driving simulators for the PC over the past few decades, but let's be honest here and admit that they all sucked and were basically just one big gigantic tease that all of us truck driving simulator enthusiasts had to endure for what seemed like an eternity, to finally get to the only one worth playing; 'Euro Truck Simulator 2'!

If you like the idea of casually driving down the highway, listening to your favorite music or talk radio stations after a long day of work, then this game is for you. There's just something about using turn signals, adjusting mirrors, and following the general rules of the road that screams relaxing to me, and this game does it all perfectly. Load up your own mp3s or stream from your favorite radio stations as you travel around actual European landscapes all from the comfort of your own living room. This game seems like it would be even more enjoyable with a physical steering wheel and pedal. Well worth the price, and I'm really looking forward to the US version.
  33. Mar 7, 2015
    This is really one of the best simulators around. The game play is great and it'll keep you entertained for many, many hours. The additions of ranking up your driver and building your company are great additions to the over all game. I very strongly recommend this game if you have any interest in trucks.
  34. Feb 16, 2015
    Bence harika bir simulatordan beklenenler zaten bunlar tek çirkin yönü oyuna çaba göstermemek.aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  35. Jan 22, 2015
    The game is truly awesome. Thank you, SCS, for delivering such a great high-polished product. The only thing I miss in ETS2 is snow. It would be great to get this option in one of the future DLC.
  36. Jan 22, 2015
    I'm not a trucking fan at all. When I first heard about this game, I laughed aloud. Who would want to play that, right? I was wrong. I wouldn't want to be pro truck driver, but in small portions it is surprisingly interesting. Driving a truck is very different from normal cars, you have to consider a lot of unique things. Physics are pretty good, trucks feel like heavy traffic that theyI'm not a trucking fan at all. When I first heard about this game, I laughed aloud. Who would want to play that, right? I was wrong. I wouldn't want to be pro truck driver, but in small portions it is surprisingly interesting. Driving a truck is very different from normal cars, you have to consider a lot of unique things. Physics are pretty good, trucks feel like heavy traffic that they are. The game is best with FFB wheel, as it is a simulation. The map is huge, although not even close to IRL scale, it still feels like you are on a trip across Europe. Many details in landscape and cities, many famous landmarks. The game has also some business management and skill point system. The most important part however, is that ETS2 has full mod support and large & talented modding community. With the right set of HD texture mods, decent PC and little tweaking, you can get almost photorealistic graphics, only seen in most recent 2014 driving games. Also high quality map mods available, free of charge. You can add map mods of Mediterranean, West Russia and Scandinavia, that are more detailed and well made than the original game. There is also hundreds of cars, trucks, trailers and buses, done by modders in a quality that surpasses that of original game. If you play this game as vanilla, you are really missing the whole point. Game itself is under 1 Gb, but I have +20 Gb of mods (over 130 separate mods) and with them the game really shines as driving simulator. You can tailor everything the way you want. The most important mods are ProMods, Improved Weather r5, FAEL enviroment HD textures by rafaelbc (or some other HD texture set), Realistic Headlights 1.5.1 and car packs by Jazzycat. Other ones are just extra.. Expand
  37. Dec 20, 2014
    It's quite good game. I have played it for 20 hours and I really enjoyed it. But unfortunately it has got lots of bugs. ETS 2 crashes often- it is very annoying. Graphic presents on average- I mean it's not perfect but it's not bad too. I liked multiplayer so much. Playing with other people is just fun and cool. Of course multi isn't perfect but in my opinion it is just better thanIt's quite good game. I have played it for 20 hours and I really enjoyed it. But unfortunately it has got lots of bugs. ETS 2 crashes often- it is very annoying. Graphic presents on average- I mean it's not perfect but it's not bad too. I liked multiplayer so much. Playing with other people is just fun and cool. Of course multi isn't perfect but in my opinion it is just better than single. If you are fan of the Truck Simulator series- you should buy it because. Expand
  38. Dec 2, 2014
    what is the name of the song in this trainer of euro truck simulator 2 euro truck simulator 2 v1.8.2.5s +5 trainer HoG, I really love this game and I am at level 50 driven over 140,000 kilometers and still driving, please let me know the name of the song in this trainer please I love the song thanks
  39. Nov 29, 2014
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 is one of the most enjoyable sims I have ever played with a superb balance of fun and realism combined with a well-deigned career mode. The game isn't complicated in the slightest which enables you to pick up and play straight away without worrying about minor attention to detail that in other simulators you may have to adhere to. This game provides a realisticEuro Truck Simulator 2 is one of the most enjoyable sims I have ever played with a superb balance of fun and realism combined with a well-deigned career mode. The game isn't complicated in the slightest which enables you to pick up and play straight away without worrying about minor attention to detail that in other simulators you may have to adhere to. This game provides a realistic experience but retains the fun which is a major factor for its success.

The presentation is simple but slick with a well organised menu and beauitiful visuals. The trucks look fantastic as do the other vehicles and weather effects. The world map covers Great Britain and a large part of Europe on a watered-down scale which is a truly excellent accomplishment considering how big this game is regardless of being scaled down. You can go from Edinburgh to Warsaw in under an hour but this helps keep the gamer interested and allows you to complete several jobs in a single session.

The career mode sees you starting off a truck business from scratch where you are presented with a rundown shack as a base. You need to raise money to buy your own truck to further your bank balance or you can just grab a loan to kickstart your venture off with that extra bit of captial. You can improve your base, customise and improve your truck, buy new vehicles from numerous real-life manufacturers and hire staff to enhance your growing company. You can rank XP to unlock extra items from new engines to even extra mirrors and minor truck accessories. You also have a skill tree to unlock more lucrative jobs and longer distance trips.

The driving side is absolutely fantastic from manual to auto controls, filling up petrol, taking a rest, speeding fines and crashes. Everything is there that you'd expect. You can even be penalised for a late delivery. All these factors add to the challenge and ensures that you don't take crafty shortcuts in trying to complete your job. The sleeping and fuelling element also adds some tactical spice to the game so you have to plan some jouneys beforehand else you may have an accident or breakdown which can lead to penalties such as fines or unnecessary expenditure.

Overall this game is a perfectly balanced sim that isn't overly serious but is executed superbly so it appeals to all gamers who enjoy driving experiences. The excellent presentation and learning curve makes this instantly playable with a well-designed career mode and brilliant driving physics. Definitely the best simlator out there and highly recommended.
  40. Oct 19, 2014
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 is amazing in almost every way. The scenery is beautiful and the trucks are so realistic, as is the cargo. The day/night cycle is a nice touch and the AI traffic and weather. One complaint I do have for this game is that, yes your truck does take damage points and pretty soon the truck will stop working, but there is NO damage on the truck at all. You can be in aEuro Truck Simulator 2 is amazing in almost every way. The scenery is beautiful and the trucks are so realistic, as is the cargo. The day/night cycle is a nice touch and the AI traffic and weather. One complaint I do have for this game is that, yes your truck does take damage points and pretty soon the truck will stop working, but there is NO damage on the truck at all. You can be in a huge pile up on the freeway and wreck your truck, but still no signs of damage on the truck at all. Another thing this game needs is more AI cars. Most of them look the same and I would like some different ones now and then. Expand
  41. Oct 1, 2014
    This game is the best experience i ever had, i even became a truck driver after this. Now i have a family with 5 sons that also play this game, i hope when they grown up they can become a driver like papa here. Thank you developers for changing my life!
  42. Sep 19, 2014
    Decent game, but with some negative points.

Decent game, but with some negative points.

Graphically, for a 2013 release game, it is unconvincing, even on "Ultra" settings. The environment is all low res textures, when the street curves the road surface markings are not a curve but a series of straight lines added on each other, power lines are even worse to look at... to make things short, the only thing you'll look at and not have to wonder if this game is from the mid 00s is environmental effects like lighting and rain, the sky, the trucks and the trailers. Especially painful is how badly traffic signs render - unless you stop to read them you'll have problems deciphering them until you are within 20m of them. Which gets especially frustrating since some speeding cameras are placed right on top of the signs, ticketing you if you are even 1kph above the limit.

What is pretty well done are the different signs and road markings in the different countries. They did not get all of them right, but the majority of them.

A big let-down for a driving sim is the driving. Apparently nobody in the entire studio has ever heard of centrifugal force. So you will find yourself cornering tight turns in the street with 70+ kph with your heavy truck and a trailer with 22 tons of oranges without having the slights problem - even if there are bumps in the road. Your truck (and every other vehicle on the road) has perfect grip, always.

While mentioning other vehicles.... be warned that a notable number of them is apparently stolen and driven by some poor suicidal maniac. At intersections they will completely ignore your right of way and jump out in front of you when you are 5m away. They might also crash into your side should they want to. Or crash into you from behind. The biggest madman I've seen so far decided to switch lanes ~50m in front of me, then when right between the two lanes hammer the brakes as hard as possible without there being any hindrance, instantly stopping the car (perhaps a tank in disguise? It had about the same stopping distance) while blocking two lanes and having me crash into the car - which got me fined for "causing an accident" and costing me thousands in repairs.
  43. Sep 4, 2014
    An absolute delight of a game that combines the best that business management games have to offer and fun, truck simulation missions. In a market full of simulations that fail to deliver (or even start up when you want to play them), Euro Truck Simulator 2 is at the head of the pack.

Fully customizable trucks, hundreds of constantly changing cargo missions from a handful of companies, a business that starts out from the very bottom (where you do not even own one truck) to becoming a near monopoly of trucking businesses in Europe, the ability to hire various drivers and assign them to trucks you've bought (as well as manage their training), dozens of cities and towns to discover...this game has it all. I would argue that one doesn't even have to be a huge trucking fan to have a lot of fun in this game. Despite being a car enthusiast my whole life, I wasn't overly into trucks before picking up this game, but Euro Truck Simulator 2 has a way of swaying you to its side.

This is one of the most relaxing games I've ever played in over twenty years, and anyone who loves driving should pick this up, as well as those of us who love managing companies full of employees all working under you to produce a profit. This game also has one of the most active and dedicated developers I've seen in a long while, who give out free DLC from time to time and are continually updating the game to provide players new areas and trucks.

Amazing game.
  44. Aug 11, 2014
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a trucking game. But, it's more than that. It also features company simulation. Physics are realistic. If lucky, you can see a plane landing. Also, you can make or download mods, which really improve the game. It's very relaxing just driving and listening to the internet radio with realistic physics, but come to the cities and the relax stops due to maneuveringEuro Truck Simulator 2 is a trucking game. But, it's more than that. It also features company simulation. Physics are realistic. If lucky, you can see a plane landing. Also, you can make or download mods, which really improve the game. It's very relaxing just driving and listening to the internet radio with realistic physics, but come to the cities and the relax stops due to maneuvering through city traffic with a trailer in tow. Overall, it's an amazing game with huge potential. But it also has one flaw, the cities do not look anything like they do in real life, and they're small. Can you imagine Venice without a single canal? That's how it is in this game. I recommend this game to anyone who likes trucking games, driving games, company simulation games or simply realistic games and who doesn't mind with the un realistic cities. Expand
  45. Aug 9, 2014
    This game has a couple of positives, however the number of negatives within this game is absolutely outrageous! YOU CALL THIS A SIMULATOR, more like a sim-see-you-later. firstly you cannot see your hands on the steering wheel whilst driving, also the fuel magically goes into the truck with no person or even a pump attached to the truck. not forgetting to mention the stupidly expensiveThis game has a couple of positives, however the number of negatives within this game is absolutely outrageous! YOU CALL THIS A SIMULATOR, more like a sim-see-you-later. firstly you cannot see your hands on the steering wheel whilst driving, also the fuel magically goes into the truck with no person or even a pump attached to the truck. not forgetting to mention the stupidly expensive fines and awful traffic, the timing is all wrong and near my house is not accurate at all, the house are the wrong shapes and sizes. i cant even recognize my neighbourhood. awful game! Expand
  46. Aug 6, 2014
    Melhor simulador de caminhão ja inventado no mundo recomendo para quem e fá de caminhão e mais ele e leve roda em qualquer pc e e muito legal de passa o tempo
  47. Jul 15, 2014
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a stellar, fantastic experience for anyone who is interested in operating semi trucks or just wants to feel what it is like to be a truck driver. It provides a massive game map centering around most of Northwestern Europe and gives you thousands of kilometers of road to drive on. It provides a realistic, fantastic truck driving experience as you try to carryEuro Truck Simulator 2 is a stellar, fantastic experience for anyone who is interested in operating semi trucks or just wants to feel what it is like to be a truck driver. It provides a massive game map centering around most of Northwestern Europe and gives you thousands of kilometers of road to drive on. It provides a realistic, fantastic truck driving experience as you try to carry your business to success. All in all, this game is a must buy! Expand
  48. Jul 12, 2014
    WISHLIST:

- Interactiveable interiors +2 - Used Truck Dealers +2 - More Truck Dealers (Peterbilt, Mack, Kenworth, Freightliner, Izuzu, Mitsubishi, and so on) +2 - Ability to purchase your own trailer - Ability to sleep in truck +2 - Seasons (Winter, Summer, Spring, Autumn) +3 - Trucks collect dust/dirt/etc over time. +3 - More Trailer variations (Longer Trailers,
    WISHLIST:

- Interactiveable interiors +2

- Used Truck Dealers +2

- Ability to purchase your own trailer

- Ability to sleep in truck +2

- Realistic Truck Speeds +2

- Realistic Interiors +3

- More variations of Yawning Sounds +2

- AI Drivers has a tendency to get into accidents +3

- See your AI driver on the road (Rest Stops, Towns, Pick-ups/Drop-Offs, Driving, Garage) +2

- More variations of AI Traffic Vehicles/Improvements (Make AI more human-like, more AI vehicle models) +6

- Tire sound changes for driving over certain surfaces +2

- Improved Physics, make it more realistic +2

- Exhaust Brakes shouldn't slow a truck to a halt when going down hill +2

- Turning signals could use some improving +3

- Live Stream radio streams by other methods

- Better GPS navigation options such as always pointed North, direction of travel. +2 - Higher density of traffic in certain areas +3 - Random events on motorway (Accidents, Road Works) +4 - Emergency Vehicles (Police, Ambulances, Firefighters) +2 - Better looking cities - Weight stations - Driver's Training +3 - Unique Delivery Locations (Airports, Stores, Vehicle Dealers, and so on) - Hire your own Mechanic (To reduce the cost of repairs)
  49. Jun 24, 2014
    Vom spiel erlebnis ein sehr gutes game. es könnte nur noch bischen an dem ki verkehr gearbeitet werden und es könnte man noch bischen an den lasten verändert werden :) aber im groben und ganzen ist es ein top game
  50. Jun 21, 2014
    Personally, I'm living my child's dream - riding a truck. Just chillin' on the highway, listening to my own imported music, and ride. Graphic is decent and environment fits (to some level) with the real traffic routes and cities. You start as an employee in random truck companies, later you will earn own garage, possibility to buy truck, more trucks, take longer journeys with morePersonally, I'm living my child's dream - riding a truck. Just chillin' on the highway, listening to my own imported music, and ride. Graphic is decent and environment fits (to some level) with the real traffic routes and cities. You start as an employee in random truck companies, later you will earn own garage, possibility to buy truck, more trucks, take longer journeys with more fragile/dangerous/valuable cargo. If you like simulators, get this one. Expand
  51. Jun 7, 2014
    I would have never thought that driving trucks could be this much fun. I literally thought it would be a boring game but once I started playing it I was fine.
  52. Jun 4, 2014
    The best truck simulator game.
    I really happy that after 18 Wheels of Steels, there is someone that continues to create the truck simulators.
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 even though it was almost perfect at the release, it continues to receive updates after even more than 1 year from the release date. The change logs of the updates are not all "bug fixes", but it add new features, new
    The best truck simulator game.
    The change logs of the updates are not all "bug fixes", but it add new features, new trucks.
    To not forget the DLCs that add new countries.
    It's a game that can not in any way get fans of the genre bored, because every day it's new!
  53. May 17, 2014
    For a simulation game, this game is surprisingly good! Today it is very rare to have a simulation game that is as successful Euro Truck Simulator 2. Frankly, hat developers of the game, because it is beautiful, the trucks are beautiful, they drive on roads passing through realistic landscapes, and all this with a unique gaming experience. This game is worth its price, and you can spendFor a simulation game, this game is surprisingly good! Today it is very rare to have a simulation game that is as successful Euro Truck Simulator 2. Frankly, hat developers of the game, because it is beautiful, the trucks are beautiful, they drive on roads passing through realistic landscapes, and all this with a unique gaming experience. This game is worth its price, and you can spend more than 75 to 100 hours of game easily before stop. Do not miss! Expand
  54. Apr 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ik vind het een super leuk spel met een vrachtwagen door heel Europa ik heb alleen maar 1 min puntje voor dit spel ik zal graag meer steden zien in Belgie & Nederland voor de rest is het een top game van trucks Expand
  55. Apr 11, 2014
    I'm absolutely surprised how much fun I'm having driving this truck around. Though, for me, with just the stock engines and transmissions, the game drags out the experience too close to home. So, modded, with powerful engines and transmissions, combined with my favorite driving soundtracks, this game is very addictive and relaxing. Such a nice change from all the teeth grinding,I'm absolutely surprised how much fun I'm having driving this truck around. Though, for me, with just the stock engines and transmissions, the game drags out the experience too close to home. So, modded, with powerful engines and transmissions, combined with my favorite driving soundtracks, this game is very addictive and relaxing. Such a nice change from all the teeth grinding, bone-crushing FPS games out there. The scenary is awesome, and there are many little subtities that make this game not just a drive through a repetitive map over and over. Landmarks, cars, pedestrians, hills, birds, sun, moon, rain, even the different rails used in different areas, all makes it so refreshing.

There are lots of customization, and while there are many aesthetics, some of them are merely disguised. One commentor below said that there is no difference between the 4x2, 6x2-4 and the 6x4 chassis..This is NOT only false, but shows that he was not very vigilant even as a real life trucker.
    The 4x2 provides the largest fuel capacity, can be styled with side protectors, but comes at a cost of less braking power, though it is the cheapest option.
    The 6x2-4 has the extra braking power but has a very limited fuel capacity.
    While the 6x4 has the braking power, and a slightly larger fuel capacity but at a more costlier price than the 6x2-4.

Considering the depth of the explained game mechanics above, that should put a cork into anyone thinking that SCS isn't very thoroughly thought out. Realistic? Well, for $25 retail price, you are getting what you pay for, and quite frankly, the gameplay is most important, not the specific kind of sounds you want to hear from your truck, and I'm sure there's a mod out there that lets you feel the full 25 tons of your cargo load and totally hamper your driving..hey, everyone has their fetishes.

I just feel this game is very deserving of this mark, and I hope everyone can enjoy this game as much as I did. Good day.
  56. Apr 3, 2014
    This game is well put together, the graphics is great and the driving experience is realistic. I think that the only thing that is lacking within this game is physical truck damage when the truck take damage other than that this is one of the most well crafted simulation games made. I would love to see an American version of the game, but I found the details in the European version veryThis game is well put together, the graphics is great and the driving experience is realistic. I think that the only thing that is lacking within this game is physical truck damage when the truck take damage other than that this is one of the most well crafted simulation games made. I would love to see an American version of the game, but I found the details in the European version very accurate. I was surprised of the lack of any police in the game, however in Europe the is not a heavy presence either as most traffic violation are captured by cameras. I was glad of the GPS in the game as this was a very much needed when I lived there since highway markings directed you to large cities so you needed to know where to go. Overall this game is a must have if you enjoy driving games or a good simulation game. The company management in the game is good and I really like the leveling aspect of the driver as this is also realistic to gain prestige with companies. Expand
  57. Mar 18, 2014
    Ótimo jogo, ótimo suporte, pena não ser muito bem programado mas nem me importo tanto, o jogo está cada vez mais melhorando e assim que é bom, a empresa não está esquecendo dos jogadores, dou nota 8, muito bom o jogo, jogo todo dia!!!
  58. Mar 14, 2014
    I really thought I wouldn’t like Euro Truck Simulator 2. I thought it was in the same vein as Farming Simulator, Street Sweeper Simulator, Snow Cat Simulator, etc. It’s not. This is a quality game with effort put into its design and I actually do enjoy it.

ETS2’s biggest positive is that it’s very relaxing to play. If I have a free hour and want to chill out, I will fire this up and do a quick trucking job or two. It also does a fair job in presenting you with different landscapes and varied scenery.

The downside is that the landscapes are not quite varied enough. The devs made a decent effort but after playing for a while, you will recognize all the reused set pieces such as highway interchanges, exit ramps, maintenance garages, and branches of companies where you accept jobs. And aside from driving on the left hand side of the street in England and some different background scenery, the experience on every highway and inside each city is virtually the same. Driving in Stuttgart is the same as driving in Paris is the same as driving in Rome. You won’t see the Eiffel Tower or Coliseum in the background nor any other famous streets, bridges or landmarks from any particular city. Likewise, every toll booth and rest stop are exactly the same, whether in Austria, the Netherlands or the Czech Republic.

It’s also missing visual damage to vehicles. Your truck can get damaged by accidents but none of it will show on the outside. Neither will it show up on any car you hit. Every once in a while I like to cause chaos by getting up a head of steam & swerving into oncoming traffic. It’s very unsatisfying when nothing much happens aside from traffic stopping. I know that sort of thing is more reserved for a title like GTA or Saints Row, but still.

The option of playing your own MP3s over the truck’s “radio” while driving was a great idea. Unfortunately, I found this to be a buggy feature. The game won’t play many of my MP3 files and I don’t know why.

To make up for these shortcomings, there is a very engaging career mode. The more deliveries you complete, the more experience you earn. This allows you to gain levels which in turn allows you to build up your driving skills to make more money, unlock new types of delivery jobs and unlock new options & upgrades you can buy for your truck.

Speaking of buying trucks, there are a lot to choose from, based on real life models from manufacturers like Volvo and DAF. They are expensive, but you can take out a loan from the bank if you want to get things rolling early on. You can also buy & upgrade various garages around Europe, buy more trucks, hire drivers to drive them, and all of this will end up earning you even more money.

I’m still in the early stages of the game as I only have the one truck of my own and am working on repaying a loan, but I’m looking forward to continuing to play this. It’s more of something I will progress in gradually rather than sitting down and trying to grind away at. It’s a very nice change of pace.
  59. Mar 12, 2014
    Euro Truck simulator was a good game, a bit better than the first in the truck simulator series. Of course, this has been more polished, but not as I expected. It was improved with more actions, but you can't play so much, as it becomes boring, earning money and driving against some streets that has the same appearance. Also, the graphics are not impressive. Therefore, 8
  60. Mar 2, 2014
    This game is extremely relaxing and you can actually play the radio off of radio stations from different countries within the game. It is a great game when played in moderation and the player almost gets an idea of what it is truly like to be a Truck Driver.

PS: Watch out for the Traffic Speed Cameras. On a long haul they can completely destroy your profits.
  61. Feb 18, 2014
    This game doesn't deserve a 10 rating but it doesn't means it is not good. It is an OK game but I have to remove a few points as it is NOT a truck simulator at all. The graphics are quite good and you can manage your own garages and employees, which are great things into the game. This game is very addictive and it is a good thing because you spend a lot of good time trying to upgrade yourThis game doesn't deserve a 10 rating but it doesn't means it is not good. It is an OK game but I have to remove a few points as it is NOT a truck simulator at all. The graphics are quite good and you can manage your own garages and employees, which are great things into the game. This game is very addictive and it is a good thing because you spend a lot of good time trying to upgrade your trucks and your skills. However, there are a few things that makes it lose so many points. Every simulators start with the principle that you start without any experience and you learn how to pilot or drive your vehicule so you become better and better each time you practice. Euro Truck simulator 2 is nothing of that. You will start being the best driver on the planet and soon enough, the traffic commits so many infractions that you are getting 10 tickets and 20 vehicule collision per run, which is quite irrealistic considering the fact that most of the real truck drivers never get an accident of their life. Also, the ticket system is quite weird and stupid at a certain point. For exemple, if you have a collision with another car because the other driver stopped in the middle of the highway after overtaking you and getting back on your lane, you are the one who reveive a 400 Euro ticket for hitting him. Basically, the game is good until you arrive at level 20 and people around you starts driving like headless chickens.

So basically, it's a good game. However, it is NOT a simulator. It is ONLY a good game which will give you many hours of fun.
  62. Feb 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Thanks to the Volvo Trucks - The Epic Split feat. Van Damme I only buy and drive Volvo trucks in Euro Truck Simulator 2. Things I like about ETS 2 is a wide selection of trucks, rainy weather, no speed limit that you can change in options and the whole game itself. I also like the penalties about over-speeding, car crashes and red signal offenses.

The disadvantages, in my honest opinion, is medium graphics of the game that is inconsistent in nowadays. I'd like to see more AA options, more realistic world around a truck and better graphics optimization for PC. I must mention that the game is not optimized well, because I have a good rig, I have maximized all graphics settings but I have medium FPS, I can't tell accurately but sometimes it's annoying low.
  63. Jan 19, 2014
    OMG! this pulled me away from BF4.......i like driving games in general and this was going cheap on steam so i thought what the hell, im now a proud owner of a rather pimped up Volvo FH with 800 bph ........and 14 employees :) what makes this game even more puzzling is its converted most of the guys on TS as well after they heard me playing all evening without swearing about god damnOMG! this pulled me away from BF4.......i like driving games in general and this was going cheap on steam so i thought what the hell, im now a proud owner of a rather pimped up Volvo FH with 800 bph ........and 14 employees :) what makes this game even more puzzling is its converted most of the guys on TS as well after they heard me playing all evening without swearing about god damn snipers....very relaxing, great graphics and alot of fun.....stick that were the sun don't shine EA :p Expand
  64. Dec 31, 2013
    It's hard to give a 10, as I think people use that perfect score too much for games. I don't normally play or even like playing simulators, but I was in the mood for one at the time this was on sale. I have to say that I was super surprised and pleased with it. It's a solid simulator with tons of potential. They did a great job making it more like a game than the typical sim. Yes, youIt's hard to give a 10, as I think people use that perfect score too much for games. I don't normally play or even like playing simulators, but I was in the mood for one at the time this was on sale. I have to say that I was super surprised and pleased with it. It's a solid simulator with tons of potential. They did a great job making it more like a game than the typical sim. Yes, you get to drive and customize your ride (eventually), but it also lets you start up your own business, once you've earned enough money to do so. You can even hire drivers to work for you, buy new trucks, take on contracts, raise your skills or those of your drivers to increase what kinds of load you can haul and more. I also love the fact that you can tune into various net radios stations as you drive. There are a few things I think could be improved, such as the landscape being a bit repetitious as times, and the occasionally long drive that can get boring, after a while. The controls are a bit difficult to get used to on a keyboard, as there are many commands. The developers really thought through things that might make it challenging, from backing your truck into a spot, to getting fined for dings and dents, various traffic violations and more. It's an accessible game to various ages.

NOTE: The person/people saying you can't look around while driving are incorrect. You can use your mouse to look around while you drive. It's difficult to stay on the road, but that also makes the game more realistic. It is a sim, after all.
  65. Dec 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This has to be the single greatest simulator game every made. It's hard to believe a trucking simulator is as fun as this. I can't believe I'm giving this a 10 out of 10! Anyways; let's start with the pros shall we? So, you start off at the very bottom of the totem pole. You have 0 trucks, you don't have anyone working for you, and you don't have a home garage. (Although you do have a home city that you can pick) You have to do odd little jobs to save up enough money and reputation so that the bank notices you. Once they notice you, you can pull out a loan. With the loan you can buy your own truck and start doing better and more lucrative trucking jobs. Throughout the whole game you are upgrading your stats which allow you to drive farther, haul hazardous material, drive longer distances, haul urgent deliveries, and so on and so forth. Once you gain enough money, you can buy your own garage, and upgrade it. When you have a garage, you can hire others to drive for you. Now, this doesn't mean you can stop driving, but they will start to earn a nice chunk of change. (And you can control what type of cargo they haul)

Now, on top of all of this; this game accepts mods. There are a TON of mods for this game; both user created and professionally created. Some of the mods are horrendous and will crash the game; however some of the mods are extremely useful and make the game a million times more fun. Right now, with my game, I have over 200 different loads I can carry at any given time and I can travel thousands of kilometers. (Then again, everything on mine is maxed out) This is not a game you will beat in one setting, in one day, or even in one week. This is a nice relaxing game to play.

Since I did the pros, I'll do the cons. (Which don't affect my rating because they don't matter much to me) You don't have any damage simulation. Well, you do and you don't. It's a partial simulation. If you damage your truck high enough you will have a tough time driving it as the engine will stall out on you. However, you won't notice any physical damage to your truck. It's all internal and nothing cosmetic will actually show. (Even the AI cars won't show damage when you hit them) Other than that big one, there aren't too many cons. Each person is different though.

I personally recommend this game to anyone into simulation games and anyone who is interested in trucks. You will not be let down.
  66. Dec 21, 2013
    El mejor simulador de camiones hasta el momento. Podría tener muchas mejoras pero como no hay predecesores de este estilo con tanta calidad y detalle mi nota tiene que ser un 10. Recomendado para los fanáticos de la simulación y juegos de coches en general, curioso y original cuanto menos
  67. Dec 21, 2013
    top quality game if its trucks you are into then until you hold the full UK licence and have your class 1 then this is easily the best replacement good trucking
  68. Dec 19, 2013
    Hands-down this is the game I play most and is the most "fun" I've had with my laptop this year. It isn't for everyone, of course, but it's extraordinarily relaxing to cruise through Europe in a rig. The graphics are beautiful and I enjoy looking around as I'm driving. The game challenges, buying new rigs, building a business, add a neat strategic element to the game. I was a bit doubtfulHands-down this is the game I play most and is the most "fun" I've had with my laptop this year. It isn't for everyone, of course, but it's extraordinarily relaxing to cruise through Europe in a rig. The graphics are beautiful and I enjoy looking around as I'm driving. The game challenges, buying new rigs, building a business, add a neat strategic element to the game. I was a bit doubtful at first, but I am so glad I bought this game. It really is the best game I've played this year. Expand
  69. Dec 5, 2013
    While I enjoyed playing this game, I don't get the high scoring it gets, it really tells something about the reliability of the people that score the game since this game has big undeniable flaws.

It's fun to get a truck, improve it, buy a new one, start your own company, evolve it, travel, a relaxing game indeed, but that's it, nothing else. The first problem I have is with the map,

The first problem I have is with the map, its like a repetition of a repetition, all streets look equal, all the background scenarios look pretty much the same, but at least near cities you can see iconic buildings in the background image. When you arrive to cities, all you have is like two extremely small city blocks, feels really lacking.
    Traffic is horrible, absolutely unrealistic, traffic AI is not better than any mid 90's game, everyone drives at the same speed, no one breaks the law, no one passes a yellow light, there's no overtaking's, just absolutely boring and repetitive.

For a game that has 'Simulator' in its name, this is a pretty bad simulation, driving the truck feels nice, but that's it.
  70. Dec 3, 2013
    Huge surprise! I thought the premise of this game would be as much fun as watching paint dry. I picked it up on a whim in a Steam sale and have been so impressed (despite this not really being the kind of thing I am into) I would almost pay full price for it. What is the catch? Like a lot of people say there is something incredibly relaxing about it. As with many people I increasingly as aHuge surprise! I thought the premise of this game would be as much fun as watching paint dry. I picked it up on a whim in a Steam sale and have been so impressed (despite this not really being the kind of thing I am into) I would almost pay full price for it. What is the catch? Like a lot of people say there is something incredibly relaxing about it. As with many people I increasingly as a result of having a family have less and less time to do any gaming. This game allows you a ten minute or 10 hour fix whichever you want depending on what your day allows. Simply put you just pull up a chair listen to some funky euro Internet radio station and just go cruising. It scales well so you can drive from London to Warsaw in a realistic time frame, or just pull into a rest stop leave the game and pick up where you left off the next day. You get to build a fleet, go shopping for cool rigs and hire some drivers and watch your little empire grow. I can't put my finger on it but it is fun and relaxing at the same time. I am so surprised I like this game but I just do surprise yourself and huge value for money! Expand
  71. Dec 1, 2013
    I bought this game during a steam sale because I needed something relaxing. I'm no truck driver (outside of maybe driving a de-ice truck), and I have never been to Europe before, but I must say, this game really impressed me to the point where I feel like I'm really there and driving a real truck. I am positively impressed.
  72. Dec 1, 2013
    A game that managed to be fun and relaxing at the same time. This is for those who like to drive, simply drive. The truck thing is just a theme to carry a pleasant real-life driving simulation inside. I dare anyone with a bitter approach on this concept to try it and leave it without a smile. Beautiful graphics, smart AI, and of course a very down-to-earth truck simulation. A salty priceA game that managed to be fun and relaxing at the same time. This is for those who like to drive, simply drive. The truck thing is just a theme to carry a pleasant real-life driving simulation inside. I dare anyone with a bitter approach on this concept to try it and leave it without a smile. Beautiful graphics, smart AI, and of course a very down-to-earth truck simulation. A salty price indeed, but nothing that a Steam Holiday Sale won't fix. Expand
  73. Nov 26, 2013
    Perfeito!! Graficos e Sons de alta qualidade. Mapa amplo para poder viajar por toda europa. varias oportunidades de cargas.

Os mais novos caminhoes da europa. Perfeito!!!
  74. Nov 24, 2013
    "A truck driving simulator"...? I was wondering at first. I wasn't sure a game about driving a truck would be any fun. Luckily, I decided to try it anyway, and I was pleasantly surprised big time!
    You get to to start your own truck deliveries company, hire drivers, deliver cargo over most of europe, and enjoy the quite realistic view. I've been playing this game on and off for a few months now, and it is really a lot of fun!
  75. Nov 17, 2013
    Love the open road feel of this game. Very detailed and challenging game. The trucks are beautiful. The road can vary from parking lot to mineshaft. For all you get it does not take up very much hard drive space. One thing I was concerned about was the actual time it takes to make a run between cities. It turns out to be much less in game but still feels like the full experience.
  76. Nov 16, 2013
    I'm sure this isn't for everyone but for me it's brilliant. I have a 3 monitor set up with a G27 so it's a very realistic, immersive experience. The graphics and IA are top notch. It must be a labour of love for people who work on that game as it's the nuts.
  77. Nov 10, 2013
    What sets this game apart is how relaxing it is. Who would have thought that driving your truck across a European expressway for two real hours straight could be your choice of spending those two free hours you have after a busy day? Other games have you constantly fighting something or focusing, not really letting you relax at all, that's where this game comes in. It will truly just letWhat sets this game apart is how relaxing it is. Who would have thought that driving your truck across a European expressway for two real hours straight could be your choice of spending those two free hours you have after a busy day? Other games have you constantly fighting something or focusing, not really letting you relax at all, that's where this game comes in. It will truly just let you "chill" and forget about all those other problems for a moment.
    Yeah, maybe it doesn't deserve a 9 because of its atrocious AI, but frankly, who cares about the other cars, just let me slowly drive my big truck from one point to the other, leaving all troubles behind.
  78. Nov 4, 2013
    Yeah, it's weird this gets such a high rating. The best way to describe this is "pleasingly dull", it's really relaxing just driving your truck from place to place and it appeals to the hoarder and upgrader in you to turn your business into an empire.
  79. Nov 3, 2013
    This game is really great, perfectly captures landscapes of every captured place and driving model and trucks it's really awesome. I can't say anything bad, maybe about AI drivers, they can be really annoying.
  80. Oct 28, 2013
    Euro Truck Simulator is very relaxing, though frustrating and comical at the same time when you crash and get stuck on something. But the graphics are wonderful, and the rain feels very real. You have to play with a joystick or steering wheel. It's just not the same with the keyboard. Though the joystick is harder (in my opinion) it is much more real, and you get the feel that you areEuro Truck Simulator is very relaxing, though frustrating and comical at the same time when you crash and get stuck on something. But the graphics are wonderful, and the rain feels very real. You have to play with a joystick or steering wheel. It's just not the same with the keyboard. Though the joystick is harder (in my opinion) it is much more real, and you get the feel that you are actually driving. Now, sometimes the AI decides to be stupid and crashes into you. OR if you crash for some other reason and you need room to back out, they decide to be a bunch of morons and drive up right next to you so you have no other choice but to plow over them, which I admit is very funny unless you get stuck. That is about my only issue with ET2, besides finding a few bugs here and there, which is not an issue because just about every game is going to have a few undiscovered bugs. Overall good game. Not amazing, but good. Expand
  81. Oct 27, 2013
    This is one of the greatest games available for the PC!!!!
    This is one of the greatest games available for the PC!!!!
    It puts you in the driving seat of various trucks and with the extra downloadable content from steam all for under a tenner makes it one of this years steals. The extra content is called "Going East" and it adds new places on the map as well as other things. Also, you can add mods that have been created by other users to add that extra spice to what is a beautiful game. You can play music from your own mp3s to the inbuilt Internet radio stations from around Europe.
    If they is only one game you buy this year on the PC....make it this one....you won't be disappointed!!!!
  82. Oct 25, 2013
    GAMEPLAY:

GAMEPLAY:

This game is fantastic, but that doesn't make it addicting. It is a game you will play for like a couple hours a day then go play LoL or COD or whatever people seem to like... the gameplay is fun but it can get dull and repetitive. The world is HUGE but invisible walls make it seem linear, but it is fun to build up your company, the early game gets annoying because your only getting income through your own jobs and they are all pretty much the same... but the gameplay overall is pretty good. 6/10

VISUALS:

This game, looks decent, it's deep and engaging but in terms of the graphics, its ok...
    the graphics are pretty detailed at times but the cities don't look nice at all, the rain looks good, but when you travel across the sea with ferries you won't even be able to tell if you did it because there is no animation, but the graphics are decent. 7/10

CONTROLS:

The controls are very impressive, turning feels good, accelerating feels realistic, the only problem is that the trucks don't go fast enough, sure it is a simulator but with the size of the world it can get annoying. 8/10

SOUNDTRACK:

I can't review this games soundtrack because it doesn't have any, instead it let's you choose the soundtrack so I can't score this. N/A

VARIETY:

This is where the game shines. It allows so much variety in the ways you want to play, want to just explore the world and let your employees do the work for you? You can do that. Do you want to get as much cash as possible and always be working every second? Do that too. 8/10

CONTENT:

This game will never run out of content. I challenge anyone to have explored the entire game world, it will take at least 12 hours to do that, plus all the jobs and things you can do, overwhelming? No. Enough to keep you playing for a long time? Yes. 7.5/10

OVERALL:

Overall, this game is good, but will not standout from other driving games like Need For Speed or Driver: San Fransisco, The game is different, as it is a simulator, but it is still not as impressive. Of course, for simulation standards, this will be one of the best games you will find in this genre, but if you are not into simulators, you should still try it out, because it can be really fun at times. 7.4/10!
  83. Oct 25, 2013
    Very nice game,very often is updates. I give this game 10 ,because I think this is the best Simulator Game. I play this game often,but this don't tired.
  84. Oct 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've been following the evolution of SCS Software's trucking games and I must say the guys are not joking. I remember the plain and edgy games from the past their new baby is everything but that. Expand
  85. Oct 24, 2013
    I love This game it is kind of fun so please try to make new stuff in it so plz ubgrade it thanks And please make new citys i enjoy The city Londan and the Company Euroacers And Transnet
  86. Oct 17, 2013
    What can I say? This game is great (ok, I can say something).

The Good: It is not just a driving simulator, it is also a business simulator, a resource manager, and a game of exploration. For those reviewers who mention a lack of views from inside the cab, look into buying a TrackIR, building a Freetrack system or installing FaceTrackNoIR (free) for headtracking. Head tracking is
    What can I say? This game is great (ok, I can say something).

The Good:

For those reviewers who mention a lack of views from inside the cab, look into buying a TrackIR, building a Freetrack system or installing FaceTrackNoIR (free) for headtracking. Head tracking is fully supported by ETS2. It allows you to look around the cab just as if you were sitting there.

Others have commented that the trailers have no weight.....try stopping a 45 ton load when that blankety blank blank AI pulls out in front of you. Pull that trailer up a steep grade and then say the trailer has no weight. True, with a huge 750HP 3200KW motor it is easier to do so but with a stock 360 HP? I have found myself looking for alternate routes because the load is too heavy for the grade that I am attempting to pull them up, or I go up in 1st gear. Heavy loads means using the entire range of gears, not starting out in 4th gear or 5th gear like I would running bobtail (no trailer).

The Bad:

I do have to agree that there seems to be no reason to upgrade your chassis from a 2-4 to anything else as you can indeed pull any load with the 2-4. I would like to see that changed in future patches.
  87. Oct 11, 2013
    Graphics: 8.5/10 Realism: 10/10 Appropriate for All Ages: 10/10 Gameplay: 9/10 Price 3/10 Multiplayer: N/A In-Game Purchases: 10/10 Overall: 7.2/10

One of the overall best games I've ever played. Great graphics. No in-game purchases (as far as I know). No multiplayer (which seriously sucks) Gameplay is great but there should be a little bit more excitement than what it is. There is a coded Mac version (which is excellent).
  88. Sep 30, 2013
    A simulator with some potential. A trucking simulator could be an important application for the PC, but two flaws stand in its way of achieving any form of usability.
    The first critical flaw is simulated head-turning. When navigating actual traffic you need to look around. ETS2 does not have a working solution for doing this, instead offering the possibility to slowly and inaccurately turn your pow around. As a result you won't be able to achieve proper speed of decision-making.
    The second flaw is the "realistic" turning wheel, which does not translate well into PC-controllers. This makes controlling the truck actually quite a bit harder than in real life.
  89. Sep 29, 2013
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a very good sequel to Euro Truck Simulator 1, the graphics are a lot better, better trucks, better everything. The only downside is that you can't see your truck get damaged at all, it just gives you a indication that your truck is damaged. At least some paint scrapes or some dents would be nice. I highly recommend getting this game if you love trucking,Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a very good sequel to Euro Truck Simulator 1, the graphics are a lot better, better trucks, better everything. The only downside is that you can't see your truck get damaged at all, it just gives you a indication that your truck is damaged. At least some paint scrapes or some dents would be nice. I highly recommend getting this game if you love trucking, simulators, or a pretty much endless game. There's also a DLC, which if you get interest in the game I recommend, or just get the gold version. Expand
  90. Sep 27, 2013
    i have play this one for a very long time.
    i have now more that 10 garages and at least three drivers in each one working for me.
    very exciting game.
    i can tell that this one is the best simulator game i`ve ever played.
  91. Aug 17, 2013
    Simply love it. Reminds me of Hard Truck 2. Very addictive and very relaxing. However there should be more trucks for example Kamaz, Sisu Now after last updates all trucks are licensed with one exception. Thats why i gave it only 9.
  92. Aug 12, 2013
    I have to say I wasn't expecting much out of this, but this game is no joke.

I have to say I wasn't expecting much out of this, but this game is no joke.

If you are looking for a relaxing game which will allow you to really leave your house/apt/bungalow for a few hours a night and be somewhere else, this is pretty good way to do it. If you don't have a wheel, use mouse steering. I can't wait to get home tonight to play more. And that rarely happens for me since the console mentality took over in about 2004.

Keep in mind, I don't rate games like game sites do, where everything tolerable gets an 8 or a 9. If I find it has that compulsive "I really don't want to stop playing" when its time to go to bed, then I'll consider giving it an 8. Anything else is 7 or less.
  93. Aug 5, 2013
    This is the seconed best game ive ever played, first best simalater, one day i was looking for a trucking game then i came accros this...
    I Loved It!!! Ihope u lve it when you play it to... and you dont just hve to use the truck that they give you, or truck in europe, the maps trucks mods... Hope you buy it
  94. Jul 21, 2013
    The best game I have! The game is amazing! You can buy and upgrade trucks, paint and put accessories to make a truckload of style! You can drive on all roads of Europe! You can meet new cities and explore them to find dealers and agencies to hire employees for your company. You can make several modifications to your truck, as the engine and even the accessories inside the cabin. You haveThe best game I have! The game is amazing! You can buy and upgrade trucks, paint and put accessories to make a truckload of style! You can drive on all roads of Europe! You can meet new cities and explore them to find dealers and agencies to hire employees for your company. You can make several modifications to your truck, as the engine and even the accessories inside the cabin. You have to get gas, pay tolls and even sleep in hotels when your character has sleep!! Expand
  95. Jul 19, 2013
    The graphics for this game is amazing for the size of the game (2GB). Even if they copy roads can you design the whole of Europe using a different designed road every time?

@Mephic yes they copied the German roads from GTS that's because the roads are based on real life designs.
  96. Jul 19, 2013
    I honestly believe this is one of the best simulation games out there. The Ai is very "intelligent" and that's coming from a Artificial Intelligence & Robotics student, this is a fantastic game that not only highlights why gaming is still fun and brilliant but also how hard it is to be a truck driver.
  97. Jul 18, 2013
    Has more graphics than simulation. The game-play is very repetitive another downside is the lack of customization for your truck. Game is ok, but the simulation is very poor
  98. Jul 18, 2013
    suddenly
    Already during the development of the game, it was clear that this game will turn out revolutionary, but I could not imagine that the SCS Software will be able to release such a powerful game.
    Another first part of the graphics did not suffer, however, ETS2, compared to its predecessor, has a gorgeous graphics. Physics of the truck did not stay ignored, now they do not stop
    suddenly
    Physics of the truck did not stay ignored, now they do not stop after 5 seconds after we lowered the gas, and continue to roll to a stop.
    However, the fly in the ointment in the ointment there. SCS is not tsali recycle system of fuel, and left the old, at which the fuel burns regardless of the engine speed, and regardless of the distance.

Summing up, I can tell you one thing: must have!
  99. Jul 13, 2013
    The best simulator of all time Who would have ever thought that a Euro Truck Simulator would get a rating this high? This simulator is one of the most relaxing games ever, but can also be very intense when carrying fragile cargo. The scenery is beautiful. When it rains ingame, I get the same warm feeling inside as when it rains in real life. I give it a perfect score because I just can'tThe best simulator of all time Who would have ever thought that a Euro Truck Simulator would get a rating this high? This simulator is one of the most relaxing games ever, but can also be very intense when carrying fragile cargo. The scenery is beautiful. When it rains ingame, I get the same warm feeling inside as when it rains in real life. I give it a perfect score because I just can't find anything "wrong" with it. Get this game! Expand
  100. Jul 13, 2013
    It actually has the feel of a truck almost.. Logitech DFGT wheel works fine in this game.. 150.00 usa new about 50-75.00 used on ebay usa..I assume equal value or less in uk.. Euro truck also allows you to combine controls.. I use my Saitek rudder pedals (saves room under desk with just one set for both sim types) as brake and gas while using the DFGT to drive.. stick shift works fine forIt actually has the feel of a truck almost.. Logitech DFGT wheel works fine in this game.. 150.00 usa new about 50-75.00 used on ebay usa..I assume equal value or less in uk.. Euro truck also allows you to combine controls.. I use my Saitek rudder pedals (saves room under desk with just one set for both sim types) as brake and gas while using the DFGT to drive.. stick shift works fine for forward reverse and no clutch really needed as the trans is synced as in real life.. Truck drivers use a clutch rarely while shifting thru the gears.. mainly at lights and to go into reverse.. oh and TrackIR is something else to look into.. works fine here as well..the game is also very moddable.. The onscreen navigator/GPS will have you owning the roads in no time.

The graphics pull you into this one.. it looks very nice. I drove a lot of USA Volvo trucks in my day and the interior although different than USA im sure..does have that layout and feel.. the mirror system works great as does the synced transmissions.. I found myself down shifting and using the mirrors like real life within minutes..backing to hook and unhook with total mirror control.. was very close to the real deal.. trust me.. I know..

Besides the work for hire mode, you can also start your own company while hiring other drivers to work for you. Although there is much variety and views… at some point the countryside may seem like the same old thing after a bit.. but to tell the truth.. once you hook and get down the road.. they all look like the same old thing more times than not… so acceptable for this type sim, if not demanded…Time is not Real life timed and again trust me.. you will appreciate that. There is a fatigue and miles capable of driving per your experience level. This is a very good thing.. a log book would be another nice feature.. maybe I missed it.. but by law is required at least on this side of the pond. Which keeps up with hours driven and locations. You can legally drive for only so long.. and sleep is another law. Don’t complain about the AI traffic jams because again.. traffic happens.. and more times than not. it’s pretty close to life… and much better than I would have ever expected.. the rain on the windshields works great as does night driving..

They have a nice Music system allowing for your personal mp3′s etc set into a folder for game play along with “steaming” internet music. Although I would like to see a CB simulator added along with maybe a LTL delivery system put into play as well as multiplayer added just for road fun..

Additional thoughts would be to add some deer and animal jump outs across the roads.. and tire recaps on roads (alligators) as it happens and some of the more accidental problems of road drivers.. A walk around at rest areas so the driver can inspect his unit and kick the tires.. also happens.. on a two hour schedule if you’re a smart driver.. for what you get… its very well done and worth the buy in..[GS] 8/10
  101. Mar 6, 2013
    This game is pretty solid for one, a simulator and two, a truck simulator. The graphics AREN'T too bad for a simulation game and the gameplay is solid. There is something oddly soothing about driving down the highway cruising in your rig hauling a load. This game HAS to be played with a wheel and shifter. Without it you lose the soothing cruising experience and steering is not as engaging.This game is pretty solid for one, a simulator and two, a truck simulator. The graphics AREN'T too bad for a simulation game and the gameplay is solid. There is something oddly soothing about driving down the highway cruising in your rig hauling a load. This game HAS to be played with a wheel and shifter. Without it you lose the soothing cruising experience and steering is not as engaging. Still, this game offers a lot of content, detailed and functioning cabins and trucks. The traffic in the game is moderately smart and the in-climate weather adds a nice touch. This game doesnt get a 10 because of two things: The sound of the trucks are ALL the same which gets very irritating after a while...and the sound of the motor is not loud enough....and TWO: Taking loads from one place to another gets repetitive after a while too..its all the same thing. Collapse

1. Aug 4, 2014
    The question isn’t “why would you play a game about that?” The question is “why wouldn’t you play a game about that?” If only those people on that bus knew what they were missing.
  2. PC Master (Greece)
    Jun 10, 2013
    Quotation forthcoming.
  3. Feb 19, 2013
    If you love trucks Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a essential for your collection.