Europa 1400: The Guild PC

8.6

1. TimK.
    Mar 28, 2003
    Unique! Sleeper hit of the year. Haven't had so much fun since Pirates! Dynasty building, trading, political intriugue, kidnapping, revenge, true love... and much more. Many games within a game. High replayability. Some instability prevents a 10 score.
  2. SlavaK.
    Mar 3, 2003
    Super!!!
  3. KelR.
    Jan 18, 2003
    This game is awesome. It's completly unique, offering hours of addictive fun. I would have given it a 10 but it is a little laggy and buggy, but it's worth evey penny and then some, got out and buy it today!
  4. May 31, 2011
    A very impressive economy simulator for a medieval town. It offers so many in depth profession and opportunities that can lead to many playthroughs and challenges, opening new opportunities the longer you play. While the game has become a bit dated, it offers a good afternoon or two of addictive playtime (and even has multiplayer). One of the best economy based games I have ever seen.
  5. Sep 5, 2011
    This is one of those games in which you are either going to love it or you're going to hate it. Before buying this game you need to ask yourself: Do I sometimes have fantasies about being a olde timey blacksmith? Or do I sometimes wish I cold run my local pub back when Charles still had his head attached? Or do you wonder that you could have been a pompous textile baron in a past life? IfThis is one of those games in which you are either going to love it or you're going to hate it. Before buying this game you need to ask yourself: Do I sometimes have fantasies about being a olde timey blacksmith? Or do I sometimes wish I cold run my local pub back when Charles still had his head attached? Or do you wonder that you could have been a pompous textile baron in a past life? If you have ever asked these questions then you are probably going to like this game and should waste no more time not having it in your life. That said, it is not without its problems, the gameplay is repetitive, the competitive AI is rather dull at times, and once you have made it there is really nothing else to do. However there is really no other game which falls into the genre of medieval life simulator with an economic focus that is this well done. In short, don't expect a life-changing experience but do expect to have a pleasant weekend followed by extensive research into pre-industrial economies. Expand

1. This could very well be a prototype for the next generation of city building games to come.
  2. All the multimedia does is add to an already immersive and intense experience.
  3. Immersive, looks good and is an incredible challenge.