• Publisher: CCP
  • Release Date: Nov 29, 2011
8.4

1. Jan 25, 2012
    The only game that lets you to do pretty much what ever you want, unlike every other MMO out there. The freedom EVE offers its players can be overwhelming for some, but once you figure out where you want to go, no other game compares. Did I mention it also looks fantasic?
  2. Jan 2, 2012
    EVE is amazing. There, I've said it. I have been playing games for around 20 years now, and there isn't a single game that comes close to the immersion EVE offers. It is a role playing game where you role play even without trying (you will not find many EVE players speaking in-character, but you will find every EVE player taking on a role in this world, whether they are aware of it, orEVE is amazing. There, I've said it. I have been playing games for around 20 years now, and there isn't a single game that comes close to the immersion EVE offers. It is a role playing game where you role play even without trying (you will not find many EVE players speaking in-character, but you will find every EVE player taking on a role in this world, whether they are aware of it, or not), set in a world that is a masterpiece (one fan trailer I love refers to it as a "Dystopian Heaven", and I could not agree more).

It is a Freelancer style-world dotted with space stations, trade routes, pirates (both NPC and human), friends and foes mixed with an ingenious skill system which requires no grinding to "level up" (and is clearly aimed at more mature gamers with less free time on their hands). It is massive: On a single "shard" there are over 5,000 star systems in EVE, over 300,000 paying accounts (although many are duplicate accounts of the same players), a constant server population ranging in the tens of thousands at any given moment and a massive amount of things to do.

This is not a game for those who are in for instant gratification, EVE's beauty is for those who enjoy laying long-term plans and seeing them through. This is not a game for people who fall into patterns, because you play against fellow humans who will take advantage of you if you do (be it in combat or on the market). This is not a game for those who refuse to learn, because if you do not learn, you will not succeed (and indeed you will fail horribly). This is not a game for those who refuse to take risks, because if you do not, you will gain little. This is not a game for those who do not like to think, because it requires planning to be good at it. This is not a game for those who like to always win, because you will lose it in (and with a permanent-loss model, these losses will hurt). This is not a game for those who need to be guided by hand, because it is a complicated, dark world.

If you're willing to put in the effort, though, you will be rewarded with the best gaming experience a MMO (and I dare say any other game) has to offer. After trying out EVE, I have not touched any other game for more than a few hours: They just pale in comparison.

Ironically, I have started playing EVE just after the previous expansion (Incarna) was launched and the developers (CCP) were slammed with massive amounts of negative publicity (and definitely not without reason). However, since at that stage I paid for a three month subscription, I stuck with it. Honestly, I recommend people who want to try this game out to get a three month subscription (costs about the same as any other game), because it will make you stick with it when you get frustrated at first. The 14 or 21 day trials are just not sufficient to truly experience EVE.
  3. Jan 25, 2012
    Not many games can be called a pvp sandbox, but Eve definitively is one. Almost every aspect of the game, including a lot of PVE, puts you in direct competition and cooperation with other players. The PvP of Eve is also one of the only true forms of pvp in any game out there; your loss is my game. No 15 second respawn timers here, you kill a ship and its gone and the loot is yours. TheNot many games can be called a pvp sandbox, but Eve definitively is one. Almost every aspect of the game, including a lot of PVE, puts you in direct competition and cooperation with other players. The PvP of Eve is also one of the only true forms of pvp in any game out there; your loss is my game. No 15 second respawn timers here, you kill a ship and its gone and the loot is yours. The fleet fights and warfare are incredible, I have witnessed 2000v2000 pvp fights and regularly take part in 300v300 fights. Expand
  4. Jan 25, 2012
    The only game that has consistently kept me occupied for many hours, this game doesn't hold your hand, it grabs hold and throws you in at the deep end. If you like thinking on your feet, this game is for you.
  5. Dec 4, 2011
    Simply put, Best MMORPG ever!!! in need of adrenaline then play Eve-Online. Crucible expansion has done the job of bringing back the flame that was not there in the previous Expansion, old plyers will be welcomed back for sure! been plying Eve online for about 6 month now, awesome fun.
  6. Dec 28, 2011
    Not an expansion, but a giant patch which just adds many small things that add up to make the game so much more enjoyable to play. Every dev should take note of what CCP are finally doing - listening to the community and delivering!
  7. Jan 2, 2012
    I have played many MMORPG's for more than two decades. OK maybe even longer if you count playing Multi-user dungeons (MUDs) on ARPAnet. And I have enjoyed most. But EVE Online is unique in that the world developed is a real sandbox with no predetermined storyline that is too be followed. Yet there is a history to this universe. No choosing of a class that places you in a single mold,I have played many MMORPG's for more than two decades. OK maybe even longer if you count playing Multi-user dungeons (MUDs) on ARPAnet. And I have enjoyed most. But EVE Online is unique in that the world developed is a real sandbox with no predetermined storyline that is too be followed. Yet there is a history to this universe. No choosing of a class that places you in a single mold, though most that are good at a certain function specialize, like in real life. I have found this 'Sandbox' effect to be fun and challenging. Having every player decide what they wish too do in game gives lots of interaction. Both in working together and against one another. How you play this game and what your goals are entirely up too you. The world is all one server so that everyone is playing together. It is not unusual to have over 40,000+ players on-line at the same time (which is what is on now as I write this). When you log off your character continues to grow. This virtual universe does not stop. Graphics are nice and interface makes playing enjoyable. I did not expect to like this game for I did not have an interest in a â Expand
  8. Jan 24, 2012
    The best MMO ever made has longevity and the DEVS love the game as much as the players. They have always kept this game front line on technology while not killing older computers. They are open and honest and have stated when they made mistakes and care about the game as much as the players. In a nut shell this is the best MMO ever, maybe WOW has some good numbers but CCP delievers on theThe best MMO ever made has longevity and the DEVS love the game as much as the players. They have always kept this game front line on technology while not killing older computers. They are open and honest and have stated when they made mistakes and care about the game as much as the players. In a nut shell this is the best MMO ever, maybe WOW has some good numbers but CCP delievers on the game and they listen mostly and have done everything in their power to make this a player ran game.

Economy is completely player driven

PVP is awesome and when you want it (mostly can get whacked anywhere but very rarely)

Corps or guilds are the best "guild" system in any MMO ever
    Two content patches every year

So much content and immersion I am not even capable of explaining

They do not ignore PVP'er or PVE'er they balance well

You fly Space ships duh?

You can customize your character to the jaw bone

You can customize your ship for whatever you are doing

You can rage and kill people if you want or get killed (more likely)

You have to think

You can be a trader, merc, killer, honorable, dishonorable, PVE player, PVP huge fleet battles etc. Whatever you want to do you can do it. The game is wide open and with characters walking around soon I hope we can talk to each other in stations. An entire FPS is being based on Eve Online Dust 541 which looks awesome and even though I don't care for FPS I can hire you to kill my enemy.

Most immersive MMO in history all that other promise well this one delivererâ
  9. Feb 13, 2012
    To this day, I have yet to remember a game that invaded my sleep as much as EvE Online. This game has so much depth, and one hell of a learning curve! The amount of content alone in this game is mind boggling. The universe in this game has over 5000 solar systems...just looking at the map alone takes my breath away.
  10. Jan 25, 2012
    Eve Online. It may take a month or two to get into, and have a famously steep learning curve, but once you understand how this game works I guarantee that you will find no other game like it. It is truly a work of genius. Just the economy has enough depth to loose yourself in.

And the combat is really really exciting, because if you loose there is something at risk - your beloved ship!
  11. Jan 24, 2012
    Fantastic visuals, a huge soundtrack, incredible depth and complexity, and an unrivaled amount of freedom for an online game makes EVE stand out! The free expansions really add a lot to the game as well.
  12. Jan 25, 2012
    Internet spaceships really is serious business.
    This expansion brings new ships, new graphics, and a whole bunch of fixes the community has been begging for. The developers have listened, and so EVE Online: Crucible was born.
    Internet spaceships really is serious business.

This is an MMO for people sick of MMO 'conventions', like a skill hotbar or higher level character or a childish art style. EVE is an MMO which copies no other game. It draws upon its own inspiration.

The EVE universe is harsh, but it's full of friendly people. Your first few days will be confusing, but in a curious way. You won't be floundering about unable to do anything. Instead, you won't be as efficient as you could possibly be, or have as deep an understanding of game mechanics as anyone else. Each early failure teaches you an important lesson, and is softened through insurance and ship replacement.

The learning process of EVE is one of continuous exploration and discovery. Have a go!
  13. Jan 25, 2012
    EvE online itself is a fantastic game. It does something other MMO's do not. It gives a harsh universe with incredible depth.
    one of the best things about eve online is almost every item has a purpose and can be used effectively to beat players who have played longer then you.
    In wow an item, no matter how awesome, that is for a level 15 will be worthless and have no purpose. in eve even
    in eve even the smallest frigates can be used in PVP and PVE.

Crucible brought in great additions to the game itself.
    we got 4 new ships, and a re commitment to the space fights the game is known for.
    in the latest patch player owned starbases were updated so they are now easier to maintain.

there were other updates as well, too many to mention but its good to see a good game get better.

I give eve a 9/10 as it can always get better.
  14. Jan 25, 2012
    EVE Online is a one of a kind MMO, you are very much free to do as you please in EVE and there are next to no rules. It also has a completely different progression system to other MMO's because other MMO's reward you for spending time playing the game and you level up based on playtime, however in eve you have skills that you train that train in real time even when you are logged off.

There are no critic reviews yet.