EVE Online: Exodus PC

• Release Date: Nov 17, 2004
8.9

1. SamS.
    Jan 6, 2006
    An amazing game with a very high learning curve. Allow yourself at least three weeks to become acclamated to this game and you will be forever hooked. Been playing since launch, and now almost three years later the population is growing larger by the day. Could not have asked for a better game. No where else will you find a game with such a deep and complex political and economic climate An amazing game with a very high learning curve. Allow yourself at least three weeks to become acclamated to this game and you will be forever hooked. Been playing since launch, and now almost three years later the population is growing larger by the day. Could not have asked for a better game. No where else will you find a game with such a deep and complex political and economic climate completely controlled by the players. You very rarely see GM intervention (I think in three years I can only recall two or three very large controlling moves by GMs). Expand
  2. TeenahL.
    Nov 16, 2005
    Kinda complicated at first especially if you are not familiar with this kind of game but as you get along with the tutorial & finished it, everything will be alright! EVE is immersive, very addictive and a complex game. The graphics and community are pretty COOL and very nice!
  3. GeeneE.
    Nov 17, 2005
    EVE is very different from all other MMORPG's that makes this game really amazing! I could say that EVE is highly addictive. It has a stunning graphics & an overwhelming community. A game that really catch your attention, really cool.
  4. LoisC.
    Nov 23, 2005
    A great exploration in space with immense gameplay and great graphics!
  5. AnthonyB.
    Nov 28, 2005
    I have never played a game like this! This is far better than others. Experience and enjoyment is what you can get here, no leveling and no hangups. EVE is the best game EVER!!
  6. AlbertNicholson
    Dec 1, 2005
    EVE is one of the best ive played so far. the graphics is stunning and the music is good. The community is friendly and helpful as well. You cant go wrong with this game if you want a sci-fi mmog. Its WAY better than SWG and even earth and beyond. I love it!
  7. StormaxeT.
    Feb 12, 2005
    Amazing game. Been playing for over a year, and it keeps getting better. Not for dumb people. Not a simple shooter but that is one way to play the game. So many things to do it never gets old.
  8. JosephL.
    Feb 21, 2005
    I've been gaming on computers, of one type or another, since 72' and I have to say that this game is IT, so far. What a great community, story lines, graphics, and playability. Simply fantastic.
  9. EricD.
    Jul 13, 2006
    Perhaps one of the most complex online games at the moment, EVE Online sports spectacular graphics, thrilling sounds, and an immersive story. In fact, the only thing I feel it's lacking is a greater involvement with the storyline. If you enjoy games in a galactic setting, or games where there are next to no limitations to what you can do, EVE is something worth trying.
  10. ShandraY.
    Nov 14, 2005
    Great game. i rate this a spectacular 9 coz it made me enjoy a sci-fi mmog again(not since swg).i love the graphics and the galaxy is huge. the community is top notch,second to none.trading is fun and so are the missions if you know where to go. love it....
  11. MilcaY.
    Nov 18, 2005
    EVE is the great MMORPG game ever made at all time! EVE rocks!
  12. PaulS.
    Nov 21, 2005
    eve online is great once you get the hang of it. if you get pass the tutorial bit, youll start to feel the game explode like one torrenting rush of energy. its fun. its huge. one of the best communities overall.one interesting part of eve is that you have professions not classes and you get to do what u feel is right in the world, YOU form your character....one of the many reasons why i eve online is great once you get the hang of it. if you get pass the tutorial bit, youll start to feel the game explode like one torrenting rush of energy. its fun. its huge. one of the best communities overall.one interesting part of eve is that you have professions not classes and you get to do what u feel is right in the world, YOU form your character....one of the many reasons why i have really got into this game. great fun! Expand
  13. RickyA.
    Nov 24, 2005
    its definitely better than SWG, when it comes to graphics and gameplay. i love the pvp and pve aspects of the game too.. there is no real endgame..), your character advances even if you are offline making this "the" game for the casual gamers like me.
  14. PheyC.
    Nov 24, 2005
    This game RULES! I could say that EVE is one of the futuristic sci-fi games ever...
  15. JasonPenn
    Dec 1, 2005
    EVE is one of the best online game ive played by far. The community in here are very matured. They helped me on my first week of playing the game. The game itself is very intense. I just hate losing in the stars. Need i tell that the graphics look awesome? It has serious eye candy. GREAT!
  16. jennifersevilla
    Dec 1, 2005
    first thing i did was try the 2 weeks free trial and it just went on from there. i got hooked to the wonderful space graphics of Eve. dropdead spectacular! Eve is not just mining, you get to do quest by interacting with different merchants etc. not to mention hunt down pirates NPCs....
  17. JackP.
    Feb 20, 2005
    Best game ever!!!!!
  18. SteveG.
    Apr 6, 2005
    EVE Online is the greatest, most innovative MMORPG so far. I've played many games, since the days of Ultima Online. This is the first game to really touch onto UO
  19. ApathyCurve
    Aug 10, 2005
    Much of the confusion--and thus the bad ratings--concerning this game devolve from the gorgeous graphics. A lot of people log on expecting a cross between Freespace and Privateer. What they get is more like a mix of Starfleet Command, Everquest, and Elite. It is very much a cerebral game. While it's true that there is no yank and bank, the fights are nonetheless nail-biting in Much of the confusion--and thus the bad ratings--concerning this game devolve from the gorgeous graphics. A lot of people log on expecting a cross between Freespace and Privateer. What they get is more like a mix of Starfleet Command, Everquest, and Elite. It is very much a cerebral game. While it's true that there is no yank and bank, the fights are nonetheless nail-biting in intensity, as you have to make dozens of split second, life-or-death decisions for every minute you spend in combat. As with real life naval combat, much of the credit for victory goes to your preparation and vessel design. You'll spend days just planning and tweaking ship designs before you ever engage the enemy, whether you're designing an anit-frigate destroyer, a fast attack interceptor, a battleship, or a blockade-running cargo ship. And the enemy will ruthlessly highlight the flaws in your design, believe me. The other aspects of this game are equally impressive: dynamic economies (both and player- and npc-driven); stunningly enormous play area; player politics and alliances; corporate wars; trading; mining; piracy; spy missions; bounty hunting. You name it, this game has it. World of Warcraft might be attracting the masses, but the people with the love of classic sci-fi, aggressive business instincts, high I.Q.'s, and mature appreciation of a lovingly hand-crafted masterpiece are playing EVE. It's a free trial. What do you have to lose? Expand
  20. C.B.
    Feb 21, 2006
    Brilliant! I hated the game at first, after two days I thought it was average, after three days it was good. After one week it became one of if not the best game I have ever played!
  21. EddieL.
    Mar 31, 2006
    A brilliant game backed up by a brilliant company. The game devs (CCP) are all the time developing ideas for the game and giving and taking feeback to the community. Due to the lack of the ability to "powerlevel" people with little paitence generally dont like it. PVP is different to any other MMO I have played, as there is a real death penalty. You lose your ship and its gone. You may A brilliant game backed up by a brilliant company. The game devs (CCP) are all the time developing ideas for the game and giving and taking feeback to the community. Due to the lack of the ability to "powerlevel" people with little paitence generally dont like it. PVP is different to any other MMO I have played, as there is a real death penalty. You lose your ship and its gone. You may get some money back on the insurance but it still takes the time and effort to get a new ship ready. The entire market and industry is player made/controlled. 95% of items in the game are made by players, competing to sell their products on the market. From the raw minerals being mined, and refined to the ship being built. Also it is the only game where everyone is one 1 server making it unique. This enables a much better community and the opportunity to gain fame among the game. Another unique feature is that all expansions are free, with CCP bringing out expansions every 6 months, and smalller patchs in between. Expand
  22. PinkE.
    Nov 11, 2005
    EVE is the COOLEST & greatest game nowadays! This is the game that really got my attention! The graphics, sound, and even the style is off the hook! A very unique & different game! AWESOME!!!
  23. FaithE.
    Nov 10, 2005
    Fantastic, that's the word I said when I saw this game. The graphics are well-developed as well as the music! It has a very unique style and story lines and a great community of course! This is the game for those who want a bit more of a challenge!
  24. LeoneA.
    Nov 14, 2005
    i love the fact that its not level driven.its not for power-levelers.i like the fact that a new character can defeat an older one.i also dig the community coz its so helpful specially when i was still a newbie.
  25. RhiaS.
    Nov 15, 2005
    This game will really rock the whole world! its the best sci fi game that i've ever played. though all games has their own cons, the only problem wth EVE was its kinda slow but its always worth the time and money once u started the game im sure u wont stop and u will surely get indulged :d
  26. LeslieD.
    Nov 15, 2005
    The COOLEST game ever!!
  27. TopheS.
    Nov 21, 2005
    EVE is more satisfying to play, as you never run out of new ship setups to test or skills to train. EVE is much more deeper than the other because the game has a so open-ended nature.
  28. JamesE.
    Nov 20, 2005
    The game is great! I love the graphics. Its a game where gamers can infuence the shape of the universe. I think EVE offers the best merges of pvp and pve.
  29. AquillA.
    Nov 20, 2005
    Great gameplay. Character creation is outstanding. Matured Community, I remember this group helping me use the quick key commands. Graphics are so great its like watching a space movie
  30. iveriasmith
    Nov 23, 2005
    I was offered EVE beta test key when it first came out and didnt bother. After years of AC / AC2 / DAOC / WOW and more of hte same ole game with different graphics I gave EVE a try. Well so far I like it a lot. Totally different than anything I am used too. Friendly to those who play hard (lots of money for uber items) and for those of us with external lives (real time leveling).
  31. NicoleP.
    Nov 6, 2005
    The most amazing MMOGame I've ever seen/played! The graphics, music & style is off the hook!!! Agame that would really make your brain think/work! This game ROCKS!!!
  32. Flick
    Mar 25, 2006
    For people who can persist and give it time, eve is the best pvp game curently out there. No other game can match the intensity or planning needed, it's a pure rush. i know many people who play WOW and EVE, but they all say "if you want exciting pvp with risk involved, EVE is the only chioce" is why they all come back.
  33. CameronW.
    Jul 11, 2006
    The best, mos fun, and most challenging game I've ever played. Do yourself a favor and get this game!
  34. PhilipS.
    Nov 14, 2005
    The greatest game I ever palyed! Excellent graphics and sounds! Really a craze!!
  35. RaineyC.
    Nov 14, 2005
    This game is by far the BEST out there for the more mature/adult gamer. It's fun to play once you get it all the way! The storyline is well developed! The graphics are awesome and has a pretty nice sound too.
  36. LanieF.
    Nov 16, 2005
    It's astounding graphic and gameplay is very unique!! EVE online makes my gaming habbit a breath-taking experience!
  37. MarkP.
    Nov 22, 2005
    This game is awesome, graphics really catched my attention. It is so cool and looks real. It has the most sophisticated equipment, spaceships, and social interfaces ever..great music too.
  38. JohnP.
    Nov 22, 2005
    The best online game ever. The graphics are stunning and the music is great. The gameplay is superb and very challeging. love the community coz they make you feel you are already a part of EVE. This game really rocks!
  39. NathanA.
    Nov 23, 2005
    this game is for guys like me who wants intensity gaming. i found out that the game starts to be fun once you get pass the tutorial bit which was kinda fun.Skill Training runs on an real world timer, Mining and Missions take time, Money is relatively easy to come by as long as your willing to mine or run the missions .
  40. CarloM.
    Nov 24, 2005
    Love the Graphics thats one things. The tutorial is very helpful and informative and the community is great there are number of friendly and generous people in the game. Eve defines pvp. It's a no holds barred almsot entirley player run universe of endless peace & war, hard business and politics
  41. robinhouston
    Nov 28, 2005
    i like EVE more than SWG(i dropped my account last week). When i tried the game's 14 day free trial, i got addicted! i love the game missions, mining and pvp. it should be much more interesting when Red Moon Rising comes out, just my thought.what else, oh yes, did i mentioned that EVE has the coolest graphics EVER??? i give it a thumbs up!
  42. VincentR.
    Nov 28, 2005
    From reading some of the FAQs, I like the fact that if a player has a low security value, from 'breaking the law' too much, people can put a bounty out on them. Another feature I like is the in-game (internet) browser. It crashes on me (tried to look up CNN once), but its a neat concept..I think if you set up simple web page (no flash or java...no fancy formatting)...its useful From reading some of the FAQs, I like the fact that if a player has a low security value, from 'breaking the law' too much, people can put a bounty out on them. Another feature I like is the in-game (internet) browser. It crashes on me (tried to look up CNN once), but its a neat concept..I think if you set up simple web page (no flash or java...no fancy formatting)...its useful in giving out info to people. The economy is interesting, and I'm wondering how the political climate between players/corporations will really add to the game play later. Expand
  43. MelvinG.
    Nov 29, 2005
    the game is great if you love the idea of piloting spaceships and exploring space. Eve is THE game. Once you get in and explore the 3d map, you WILL be impressed. There is so much to explore and do. yeah i love the graphics. but the game is enjoyable once you get the hang of it.
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. It's a gaming experience like no other... A brilliant content-heavy update for an already excellent game. [Feb 2005, p.88]
  2. PC Gamer
    For all its style in terms of graphics, backstory, and iterface, EVE remains a complex and slow-paced game that will prove anathema to anyone currently hooked on the simpler, more immediate delights of, say, "World of Warcraft." [March 2005, p.71]
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    A visually stunning spacefaring game that is still radically different from mainstream fantasy games. Even after Exodus it is still a bit lacking content-wise, but getting steadily closer to being a massively multiplayer Elite. Definitely an acquired taste, though. [July 05]