7.8

1. Kent
    Nov 1, 2005
    Key changes for me are revisiting familiar but very different places and mobs, new quests, new spells, new levels, new stuff to forage and create, new gear to buy (like armor-clad horses that enhance player stats) and great graphics. I love the combo of planetside in Maj'Duhl but wish there was more purpose to taking over towers than just the one quest. I've always wanted to see Key changes for me are revisiting familiar but very different places and mobs, new quests, new spells, new levels, new stuff to forage and create, new gear to buy (like armor-clad horses that enhance player stats) and great graphics. I love the combo of planetside in Maj'Duhl but wish there was more purpose to taking over towers than just the one quest. I've always wanted to see the ability to change the economies by attacking towns and suburbs. So, it's 9/10 for me. Have to get back to the game now. Expand
  2. EricE.
    Jan 15, 2008
    A pretty good expansion that expands the lvl 50-60 range. However mostly group content.

1. Still a bit of rather tasty eye candy, Desert of Flames takes the game further down that amazing graphical path it was already on. The combat changes are major and a bit of a risk, but they do make the game a bit more challenging and require more thought than merely running into combat and swinging a weapon or casting a spell.
    Unarguably, however, the most significant change has been the increase in the level cap. Players who were once sitting comfortably at 50 (the old level cap) are now looking forward to a lengthy, laborious grind.
  3. The substantive raiding and questing additions are primarily for higher-level characters, and the player-versus-player implementation isn't totally polished yet, but the balance of the changes is a well-rounded expansion with offerings for players of all levels.