EverQuest PC

8.3

1. Jun 17, 2013
    I was there during beta and I left for 8 years later on and returned some 8 months ago. Yes it has aged a lot but it has such a huge body of content and depth of story that it is definitely worth a look.

The biggest issue with Everquest is that Sony Online Entertainment have it. This is a company that treat gaming customers with utter contempt and let's be honest, do you trust these guys with your personal data?

Everquest will run on anything, has huge depth and a much more mature user base than many MMO. You can play it your own way and have plenty of opportunities to play for a long time to come but bear in mind, it is very very old and it shows. Having made that comment, having beta tested and brought virtually every other MMO release since I keep EQ installed since returning and find I like to drop in and play from my laptop when in hotels bored or just when I want to slow the pace a bit.

Dont expect PvP on EQ, it didnt work 14 years ago and it doesnt work now. SOE in particular seem to be hopelessly unable to make PvP which is balanced and engaging. The early days of EQ saw some of the best PvP experiences I ever had in an online game but then SOE brought it and did nothing positive with it.

1. GMR Magazine
    The massively muliplayer RPG that's so addictive it makes crack look like Sanka. Play this game at your own risk. [Feb 2003, p.94]
    A game that is constantly evolving, and we're looking forward to seeing how the game progresses into the next millennium.
  3. EverQuest strikes me as a great idea well executed. I found myself irrevocably attached to my character and, once I gained enough power, thoroughly enjoyed helping others advance themselves.