6.6

1. Apr 4, 2013
    My childhood is back, I can't remember the last time I felt so good playing a game. Every treasure I discover a nostalgic smile appears on my face. This is the dumbest review I could write, but I think that someone else can understand what I mean.
  2. Apr 12, 2013
    K think about it, 10 bucks and its a pretty nostalgic filled game with some pretty fun moments. Buy it super cheap play for a couple hours and have a great time.
  3. Jun 19, 2014
    Just really enjoyed the game and found it very interesting. Would definitely recommend this game to anyone. some parts become frustrating and drag on a bit but very much enjoyed it overall
  4. Jul 18, 2013
    A classic RPG with a lot of allusions to well-known RPGs like The Legend of Zelda, Diablo, Final Fantasy, The Elder Scrolls and more. If you know and played these games, you will have a lot of fun with this one. And even if you're not so much into nostalgia, it still leaves you with a solid RPG that has everything it needs.
  5. Apr 18, 2013
    A blast from the past. Evoland is a great way to spend a free weekend if you've got some free time. It says its a short story but I still got around 3 good days worth of gameplay from it. The references to other games are somewhat obvious as the further you get into it the funnier they get!

Sure the story isn't too original but this game is all about the experience and for its price tag
    I would highly recommend it. To sum up, if you're a fan of games like Zelda and Final Fantasy then you will LOVE this game. Expand
  6. Apr 18, 2013
    This game is very interesting. Not only is it a trip down memory lane, but it also serves to remind many of us how all the elements of games came about through a step by step process. It does have a simple story that unfolds as you progress through the game which may or may not be what some gamers are looking for. If you are looking for a deep compelling story that makes you feel for the characters then I would not recommend this particular game, however, if you want to go on an adventure that makes you appreciate the aspects of gaming that make up what we take for granted today, this is for you. Collapse
  7. Apr 20, 2013
    This game is awesome. If you want an interesting progression of how action adventure RPG's progressed over the decades this is pretty good. It has a suitably generic storyline but that suits the rest of the game perfectly. It's also cool how you swap between new old style.
  8. Jul 4, 2013
    The value of Evoland is not in a good story, or in its delivery of punchlines. It's meant to be a nostalgic experience, and if you don't feel the affect of it, or at least recognize it, then this game is not meant for you. If you are looking for an adventure game with an incredible plotline, twists and turns, and good characters, go play Zelda or Final Fantasy. Evoland is meant to be played by those who remember what those games used to be, and want nothing more than a chance for just one moment to feel that way again. This game isn't for everyone. But for those it is meant for see the beauty in it. Expand
  9. Jul 22, 2013
    Amazing game. Albeit short it provides flashbacks to the history of video games as well as fun game play and several humorous references. Another unexpected plus from this game was the music, which was far better than expected.
  10. Jan 3, 2014
    This game is truly a delight to play. Even if you don't necessarily remember the classic games that this game pays homage to, the history lesson and the beautiful progression of graphics. No, the gameplay itself isn't the best, and sometimes the controls are kludgy, but I love the originality of the idea and think it's terrific.
  11. Jan 12, 2014
    While I agree with those saying it has no story depth, little mechanics, goals, etc., I can't say this is a bad game. When reviewing a game you have to go farther than just "does this game have a point?". Evoland is a throwback to old RPGs, and along with that it brings feelings from those RPGs. The music, the graphics, the sense of progression, the in-jokes and the overall style of the game is unique and gives a good feeling, reminding me of good times spent playing RPGs for hours and hours on end. Not reccomended for players not experienced in RPGs, but for me, personally, this game is incredible. Expand
  12. Apr 26, 2014
    It's important to realise when playing this game that it isn't meant to be a true RPG - it's meant to be a pisstake of the RPG genre, wherein you have to unlock everything, right down to moving, saving and battling. And it does that absolutely brilliantly - I would reccomend this game to anyone who liked the old RPGs like Final Fantasy and the like - I for one found myself chuckling heartily at the little references here and there.

Final score - 10/10. A great little game for fans of old RPGs.
  13. Apr 18, 2014
    Great game. You will never appreciate this game if what you are looking for is action and rich content. This game is only designed for those older guys who have experienced the fun in 8 bit games, 16 bit games until now. Don't dump your **** like "this game sux, only talk and talk etc".
  14. Apr 18, 2013

1. Jun 13, 2013
    Evoland is a frustrating affair. Its premise is great and it has potential to spare, but instead of an inspired retro journey all you get is a combination of lazy jokes, bland Zelda-esque gameplay and numbingly tedious JRPG battles. [June 2013]
  2. Jun 10, 2013
    As an introduction to old-school classics, Evoland is just too boring, and most veterans are not that nostalgic to blindly forgive its shoddy attempts at game design.
    The old-school approach of the gameplay is not that fresh anymore and the steep price cannot justify the overpriced sentimentality. [May 2013]