Fallout 3 PC

7.9

1. May 12, 2015
  2. Oct 8, 2012
    This is a great game from start to finish the fact that you can do what ever the FU*K you want made for me one of the best games ive ever played, the only down side to this game was the story and the ending i hated the fact that the game just ended, their was so much more i would have liked to do also running this game on pc is very diffecat and time consuming, LOVED THIS GAME AND WOULDThis is a great game from start to finish the fact that you can do what ever the FU*K you want made for me one of the best games ive ever played, the only down side to this game was the story and the ending i hated the fact that the game just ended, their was so much more i would have liked to do also running this game on pc is very diffecat and time consuming, LOVED THIS GAME AND WOULD RECAMED IT TOO EVERY BODY Expand
  3. Nov 12, 2013
    Probably Bethesda's finest hour. The absolute.. hands down.. best first person open world game on the planet. Blows everything else away and also carries on a universe I'd already fell in love with while playing the previous titles in the series. Magnificent.
  4. May 20, 2016
    Despite some technical issues, the large and unforgiving post-apocalyptic world of Fallout 3 is filled with dangerous bandits, deadly mutants and tons of quests to finish.
  5. May 13, 2013
    A very good story driven in a great and challenging atmosphere, with interesting gameplay and mechanics.

A must for any FPS and RPG fan rolled in to one.
  6. Jul 19, 2011
    A truly epic adventure--an absolute stellar collaboration of FPS and RPG experiences. The vast open landscape allows unhindered exploration. The game offers a wealth of NPC characters, each having their own distinct personalities opening or limiting choices based on how you interact with them. The story conversations go far beyond simple dialog, offering players deep and rich characterA truly epic adventure--an absolute stellar collaboration of FPS and RPG experiences. The vast open landscape allows unhindered exploration. The game offers a wealth of NPC characters, each having their own distinct personalities opening or limiting choices based on how you interact with them. The story conversations go far beyond simple dialog, offering players deep and rich character development. There's even multiple paths/outcomes depending on the choices you make throughout the game. Multitudes of different monster types and weapons. While the story and side missions are enough to keep anyone busy for hours on end, the DLCs are well integrated and keep the game fresh for many more. Expand
  7. Mar 3, 2012
    An excellent free-roaming post-apocalyptic RPG, Bethesda Softworks style. The game does have intrusive DRM and lots of quest bugs though, so be warned!
  8. Jun 19, 2013
    Post-apocalyptic open world FPS-RPG with an epic storyline where your actions actually influence and impact what happens in the world and how you advance the story (first town of Atom, anyone?) while also providing great and memorable characters and decent action? Sign me up!

Buggy, but beautiful. Gameplay and combat could be better, but definitely still enjoyable. NOTICE: Would've rated this a 9 were it not for the fact that this really got me hooked into playing open world RPG games, and RPG games in general actually, so this game does have added special value to me and in my eyes deserves a bump because of that.
  9. Mar 4, 2012
    I have to say this was very similar to Oblivion in many ways, even though the setting is entirely different. The post-apocalyptic setting seems tedious at first, but I think Bethesda have done a great job making the world very big and locations very picturesque. There is a lot of detail added, in particular with the amount of different weapons and items you come across. The VAT system isI have to say this was very similar to Oblivion in many ways, even though the setting is entirely different. The post-apocalyptic setting seems tedious at first, but I think Bethesda have done a great job making the world very big and locations very picturesque. There is a lot of detail added, in particular with the amount of different weapons and items you come across. The VAT system is simply amazing. It gives a lot of satisfaction killing an enemy in a cinematic style, especially getting to choose which part of the body you'd like to shoot at. The RPG elements are really great too. There is a lot of customization to your character's playstyle. Although all in all the game is great, there were some things about it that annoyed me. The greatest one of those was perhaps a considerable lack of enemies on the roads and sidequests. Most of the time when I was traversing the wasteland, it was uneventful and if not for the beautiful locations, I would've gotten bored. Seeing a giant scorpion moving towards you in order to have you for dinner, or a gang of raiders was a joyful sight. And also I felt the main story wasn't anything special. Maybe only towards the end it got a bit interesting, but that's about it. Other than those two points the game is great. I'd give it 8.5. I am yet to try the DLCs, though still can't find a way to access them (I think it should've been clearer). Expand
  10. Jul 6, 2016
    Gameplay : 9
    Graphics : 9
    Story : 8
    Sound : 8
    Overall : 9
  11. Jun 10, 2014
    Otro de los juegos que más pavor me producía que hicieran mal pero cuyo resultado fue mejor del esperado. Uno de los grandes mundos abiertos en los que vagabundear por DC destruido por bombas nucleares ya vale el precio. Sin duda una compra óptima.
  12. Sep 9, 2016
    Back when it was released, it was really fun. As a Fallout series fan since the original, i was very eager to play this. While not a true Fallout 2 sequel, it was fun and immersive, and i enjoyed it despite its faults.

Make no mistake, this is little more than Oblivion with guns, but at least it doesn't have the level scaling... The story is mediocre, there are few memorable

The story is mediocre, there are few memorable characters, and the game is not that hard or complex to play, but it is fun to explore the capital wasteland, and back in the day, when the PS360 era was fairly new, this game was revolutionary.

So, all in all, while i wouldn't replay it today, i believe it was worth the praise it got, despite tis faults.
  13. Sep 5, 2011
    Utterly outstanding open world RPG Shooter that everyone should be forced to play by law, ok the graphics are rubbish by PC standards, but they work well so I can forgive them for that, the story has so many side quests that it can take 100+ hours of hunting to do them all. BIOWARE needs to take a look as their newer titles (ME2 and DA2) have fallen behind Bethesda's offerings.
  14. Oct 5, 2012
    I know this game fails to capture the spirit of Fallouts 1 & 2, but its still a whole lot of fun. I know that the main quest is pretty bad, but its still a whole lot of fun. I hate the vaults in this game. I don't enjoy picking around through the same dumb-assed assets everywhere you go. Despite all that this game is a MAGNIFICENT ACHIEVEMENT. No game is perfect, and this game has plentyI know this game fails to capture the spirit of Fallouts 1 & 2, but its still a whole lot of fun. I know that the main quest is pretty bad, but its still a whole lot of fun. I hate the vaults in this game. I don't enjoy picking around through the same dumb-assed assets everywhere you go. Despite all that this game is a MAGNIFICENT ACHIEVEMENT. No game is perfect, and this game has plenty of little details about it that irritate, more than a few. Still you can't deny the amazing feeling you get in Fallout 3, that you really are walking around in a desolate post-apocalyptic wasteland. I can't undersatand the level of love for Skyrim, in which your character's progression has been violated by horrible design changes and you have to endure a horrible UI. Nor can I understand the 'purist objections to this game, where the UI and character progression are so WELL done. Buggy Shmuggy! Fallout 3 is FANTASTIC! Expand
  15. Mar 10, 2013
    The day Bethesda can release a glitch free game is the day they finally earn a real 10/10. It is a shame that a company with the potential to make such amazing games cannot manage to clean them up. The size of the game is not an excuse, it is pathetic.
    Despite its share of bugs, Fallout 3 is a hugely refreshing change from the "swords and boards," "dungeons and dragons" style rpg's that I am sick of.
    The story and world are entertaining. Could have been a 10/10 if not for bugs.
  16. Sep 8, 2012
    I remember turning this game on when I first bought it for PC not having ANY idea what I was in for. I had little to no experience with an open world game and I didn't play Fallout 1 or 2. I was off to a slow start, in the vault and still not knowing what to expect. Once I moved out of the vault and into the world, that's when it all began. By "it all" I mean a truly wonderful gamingI remember turning this game on when I first bought it for PC not having ANY idea what I was in for. I had little to no experience with an open world game and I didn't play Fallout 1 or 2. I was off to a slow start, in the vault and still not knowing what to expect. Once I moved out of the vault and into the world, that's when it all began. By "it all" I mean a truly wonderful gaming experience. Fallout 3 did for me what no other games have in a while, get my full attention and for a continuously long time. This was the first title I played where I could make multiple choices that would lead to many different consequences. Also, you can play it in first or third person so it's like a FPS / Action RPG all-in-one . This game was amazingly fun, going around D.C. which really looked and felt like a post-apocalypse world. Incredibly rewarding, scary, and VERY satisfying are the words that come to mind. It was great exploring to collect new guns and bottle caps, trading and buying at the store, and leveling your character. You eventually become very powerful and able to basically run the city. This game brought me into the next level of PC gaming, and I am still thanking it and Bethesda to this day. Expand
  17. May 31, 2012
    I think I speak for all that are great minds when I say, we don't want structure, we don't want a direct quest line, we want real world choices and their consequences, we want to be able to nuke villages and screw things up, we want to be a serial murderer and murder an entire street of people. These things are possible in Fallout 3, because it's a game which actually is a real RPG, youI think I speak for all that are great minds when I say, we don't want structure, we don't want a direct quest line, we want real world choices and their consequences, we want to be able to nuke villages and screw things up, we want to be a serial murderer and murder an entire street of people. These things are possible in Fallout 3, because it's a game which actually is a real RPG, you can be what you want. If you want a linear shooter where you just go from point A to B shooting things, following quest markers, first of all go die, but if you aren't willing to do this service to the world, then at least don't complain when you play an epic game like fallout. It's a brilliant game, the style and art really suck you in, it's way better than elder scrolls in this respect, it's not a lame ass medieval game all over but really a dark sad world in ruins after a nuclear disaster. You will feel lost, because that is what the character is supposed to feel as he steps out on this strange world. You will feel the game. Few games achieve this. This is truly one of the best games in the past decade, and one of the few "epic" games ever. No - I am not giving it a 10, because for one it is much too short, for two the max level is WAY too low except if you DLC, which is **** and for three the games posses after all these years game breaking bugs, which if screwed up and would never have been tolerated if it had been a japanese title. Expand
  18. Sep 26, 2010
    This is Oblivion in future.I give it a 10 not only because i liked The elder scrolls 4 oblivion very much but for its nice game play elements as well as the exploring world.A nice game detailed and in which the atmosphere is very very realistic. You can see the elder scrolls elements in it like jumping at a place if you have discovered it or the usage and repair of items.But netherless isThis is Oblivion in future.I give it a 10 not only because i liked The elder scrolls 4 oblivion very much but for its nice game play elements as well as the exploring world.A nice game detailed and in which the atmosphere is very very realistic. You can see the elder scrolls elements in it like jumping at a place if you have discovered it or the usage and repair of items.But netherless is a solid game even if the main story is short has many side quests Expand
  19. Oct 18, 2015
    With Fallout 4 coming out in a month, the comparisons and fanboys/girls will be coming out soon and compare these two games to death. Fallout 4 will be streamlined, no doubt, and this will be the reason why so many will thing Fallout 3 is the better game. Having Played Fallout New Vegas before this, Fallout 3 had a high standard to beat. But surprisingly, it did very well. The atmosphereWith Fallout 4 coming out in a month, the comparisons and fanboys/girls will be coming out soon and compare these two games to death. Fallout 4 will be streamlined, no doubt, and this will be the reason why so many will thing Fallout 3 is the better game. Having Played Fallout New Vegas before this, Fallout 3 had a high standard to beat. But surprisingly, it did very well. The atmosphere of desolation is well-done and you feel quite alone in the wasteland. The nights are dark and you HAVE to rest or stumble in the dark, which builds very good atmosphere. I modded my games and I love it. Having come out more than 7 years ago, this game still holds out to this very day. Fallout New Vegas is the better of the two, but still, you'll have plenty of fun with this. So if you like open-world post-apocalyptic sandbox games with an actual story and worthwhile experience, you can't go wrong with a game that makes drinking water feel so refreshing. Expand
  20. Feb 12, 2017
    I played the great Fallout 1 and the "in my opinion not so great" Fallout 2, so I was very excited to explore the Fallout world in 3D.
    The start is a masterpiece: Being born, try the first steps as a baby, explore the vault and later the world. Unfortunately there are some elements in the game, that destroy a much better score: First of all, it is no more a round based game, but much more a shooter for Action, Action, Action. Very bad decision.
    Technically this game doesnt work on Win 7...lol... you need a mod, that users made. This is inexcusable.
    Speaking of mods: there are plenty of them and many are useful, so download them.
    After many hours the game starts to repeat, because many things are just copied and pasted in the world: the houses, the enemies. Level scaling is a key word: Even in the later game you will still fight with RAD Scorpions for example -.-
    Many things are restricted: the story and dialogs are linear, so you will not have many decisions to play a quest. The same goes for your character: The most fun is still a sniper/ shooter character.
    The strong women characters were annoying: 50-55kg woman fighting with a big minigun (hmm 10kg?). They are very unfriendly, masculin. Gender politics, brain washing and so on... easy to see through. As a bad guy I killed many of them for being too rude and vain to me :)
    The idea to listen to radios is fun, but the moderator Three Dogs could be less childish.
    The DLCs are dissappointing: too much shooter with a bad AI, especially Anchorage and Zeta.

But there are improvements in the game: Graphic with some mods looks great of course.
    In F1 you could choose 1 new perk every 3 levels, in F3 you get an extra every level, which is better in my opinion.
    The main story and the side quests are very well written and motivate to play the game more and more.
    There are many areas just for exploring without any quest and still got a lot of content + stories to tell. This way exploring makes fun.

Overall a very good game, but not perfect. It has a high fun level, but too many elements are too annoying. 8,5/10
  21. Jan 5, 2016
    i don't care. This to me is the best Fallout game of them all and this game is exactly the reason why i was disappointed with Fallout 4. So on with the review then.

Pros: -The atmosphere like any Fallout game is just pitch perfect. From the desolate city of Megaton to the destroyed Washington DC. Everything just looks amazing and it feels like a world gone to hell. -The story. This

Pros:
    -The story. This is what i was disappointed with in Fallout 4. The story in 4 is very simplistic but in this game it's anything but. You can be a good guy and save everyone and they will treat you like a hero or you can be an **** and people will try to kill you. It's up to you really. Do you save Megaton and do possibly the worst quests in the game for Moira or do you detonate the nuke in the middle of the town and be hated by everybody. It's all up to you.

Cons:
    -If i had to nitpick i would say that the graphics haven't aged all that well and the combat is nothing to cheer about but it doesn't distract from the experience. Fallout 3 is a great game and any fans of action RPG's should check it out.
  22. Jun 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Having played through both Skyrim and Oblivion, I eventually decided to buy Fallout 3 and see how Bethesda's formula would hold up against such an alien setting. Some people say that Fallout 3 is shallow compared to previous games, but since I have yet to try them out, I'm just going to judge F3 for what it's worth. In many ways, Fallout 3 is actually better than the ES games. Specifically, the moral choices are a bit more important to how you go about the game. Unlike in Skyrim, where you'd need to go ahead with many quests without being offered a choice of whether you wanted to do the quest or not, in Fallout you'll more often get a choice whether to help the poor dying man or shoot his head off with a shotgun. I am surprised by the variety of scenery, especially considering that a post-apocalyptic wasteland will mostly just consist of scorched rocks and ruined buildings. As usual with Beth's behemoths, the quests are deep and varied: some will be the usual fetch quests (kept more interesting by the different locales), while others have you following a giant robot while it obliterates enemy soldiers with giant lasers (really). No game is perfect though, and Fallout 3 is no exception. The interiors are a bit bland and repetitive, the city routes are noticeably more linear than other parts of the game and the enemies lack any interesting variety. As a whole though, Fallout 3 is deep, interesting, addictive and a must for any fan of open-world RPG's. Expand
  23. Jul 27, 2014
    This game reminded me so much of Oblivion until I realized they're both Bethesda games! The dialog, people's faces and general feel of the game is exactly like Oblivion. Despite it being from 2008, it still offers great gameplay but a couple of the mods I recommend are the sprint mod and the computer hacking mod. Makes the game a bit easier to get through...and for a cheap price of $19 itThis game reminded me so much of Oblivion until I realized they're both Bethesda games! The dialog, people's faces and general feel of the game is exactly like Oblivion. Despite it being from 2008, it still offers great gameplay but a couple of the mods I recommend are the sprint mod and the computer hacking mod. Makes the game a bit easier to get through...and for a cheap price of $19 it was worth playing at least once. Expand
  24. Oct 20, 2013
    The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

++ A huge open-world that rewards exploration ++ Ton of mods to choose from, expanding the game tremendously + Total freedom, kill anyone you like, help anyone you like, game is not forcing a path on you + A fair amount of quests, enemies, places to go, items to obtain + More than one way to solve problems and overcome obstacles (eg. combat or sneaking
    The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

++ A huge open-world that rewards exploration
    ++ Ton of mods to choose from, expanding the game tremendously
    + A fair amount of quests, enemies, places to go, items to obtain
    + More than one way to solve problems and overcome obstacles (eg. combat or sneaking or using skills like science etc)
    + Probably the most immersive character introduction I've seen in an RPG game (game starts when you're born and continues through your childhood)

. The game approach to post-apocalyptic theme is a bit light-hearted and not everyone might like it, but less than in Fallout New Vegas where it was to a point I considered it a major flaw. It's hard to explain, but to put a long story short the game technologically feels like the future but culturally like 1950s making a bizarre setting

- Despite a huge world there are only 2 true towns in the world, and the rest of the world is either empty or outright hostile (eg. raider camps) making it feel boring after long exploration
    - Main quest is only fit for a good character or a neutral one, but not really for evil characters (however there is an evil ending option to it)
    - Braindead enemies offering little challenge to the player

Overall: Recommended for RPG fans and post-apo theme fans but not the most hardcore ones
  25. Aug 28, 2013
    I played the original two Fallout games back in the day on PC, and I will always love Fallout 3. One of the greatest games I’ve ever played, hands-down.

I’d say, however, that you need to understand what type of a game you’re getting into. It’s a technical RPG, very open world, and will require lots & lots of exploring. This is not a simple first-person-shooter. Anyone expecting a FPS will end up quite frustrated, as will anyone who jumps into the game without planning how to level their character.

Taking all that in mind, Fallout 3 was an immersive experience of gaming bliss I do not expect to be equaled any time soon. Possibly not ever. There was something about walking out of the vault into the unknown wasteland with nothing but a pistol, baseball bat & a few rounds of ammo in my pocket that was great fun. I also loved how, in the middle of traveling to one destination, I could easily find myself sidetracked for days at a time with random waypoint markers that led to other events & new quests.

The design of the game is beautiful, as well. One of my favorite areas is looking across at the aircraft carrier at night, because you can see holes in the walls where light is shining through from the people living there, as well as gazing at other details like the wrecked part of the front ship or the giant trenches dug all around the Mall near the Washington Monument.

Some of the environments do get a bit repetitive, but as long as you are leveling you have a reason to explore. And whatever area you’re in, whether a cave or abandoned warehouse, usually has some sort of story to go along with it that can be found by hacking into computers & reading some information. It’s not necessary but adds some depth & life to world you’re playing in.
    As I said, it makes for a very immersive experience.

The difficulty also scales satisfactorily. In the beginning, you’ll be happy to get a junky machine pistol and survive a handful of raiders. Near the end (with proper builds), you’ll be able to decimate an entire band of raiders with VATS sniper rifle headshots, watching them explode in slo-mo as you do so.

The only real disappointment I had was once I reached maxed level, but that was only because Fallout 3 makes leveling feel like quite an event, even playing a special musical theme to mark the occasion. However, it will take you a good while to hit max level and you’ll have done a great deal of exploration by then.
  26. Sep 26, 2013
    Well, it took me a few playthroughs of this game, but I have finally reached a verdict. This game is just amazing! It is another fantastic game that I've played from Bethesda Softworks. Fallout 3 is a truly spectacular game that successfully combines both the RPG and First-Person Shooter genres. That line can sum up the game's gameplay in a nutshell. This game mixes Fallout's ownWell, it took me a few playthroughs of this game, but I have finally reached a verdict. This game is just amazing! It is another fantastic game that I've played from Bethesda Softworks. Fallout 3 is a truly spectacular game that successfully combines both the RPG and First-Person Shooter genres. That line can sum up the game's gameplay in a nutshell. This game mixes Fallout's own roleplaying mechanics with that of Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise. In this game, you can be whatever kind of character you want, and do what you want in the wasteland that was once Washington D.C. As in the Elder Scrolls, you can travel anywhere you want in the capital wasteland, buy what you want, fast-travel where you want, and so much more. This is hardly an Elder Scrolls clone however. This is not just Oblivion with guns, not in the slightest. There are several more things that this game has that the Elder Scrolls does not. This game has its own perk system (which was actually added into the Elder Scrolls Skyrim), that makes it different from Oblivion. The perks are special specific stats for your character that Oblivion does not have. They can give your character special bonuses, such as doing more damage than you normally would with all weapons. Leveling is also different from Oblivion. In Oblivion, you could only level up while your character was sleeping. Here, your character levels up almost immediately. This is an excellent improvement from Oblivion, as I did not like how you had to sleep just to level up. It proves that Bethesda Softworks truly is a company that learns from its mistakes. Also, along with the RPG elements, there are also shooter elements, which further cement that this is a truly different game from Oblivion. There are plenty of guns to choose from in this game, and the shooter mechanics are executed perfectly. However, I do find myself constantly running out of ammo from time to time. Money is also very scarce in this game, so it is a little difficult to buy ammo too. There are also a few bugs and glitches, however, these shortcomings don't hurt the game all that much. The graphics and sound of this game, all I can say is, they are excellent. This game is one of the most beautiful looking video games that I have ever played/seen. It is not Skyrim or Just Cause 2, but it does look brilliant nonetheless. The sound of this game is also done very well. The weapons sound right, and the monsters sound the way they should. The best part about the sound of this game however, is its spectacular music. This game mixes songs from the 50s (and yes, I mean actual songs from the 50s, not ones that sound like songs from the 50s) with more orchestrated pieces from the composers of the Elder Scrolls franchise. The soundtrack of this game truly is a beautiful mix. The story of this game is also phenomenal. It involves the main character's father trying to give the wasteland of Washington D.C. fresh water for all who inhabit the wasteland. It is up to you, the main character to leave your vault, find your father, and help him in giving the wasteland fresh water. This is a very unique story if you ask me, and it not the stereotypical story that people might find in most post-apocalyptic games. There are also many choices that your character can make throughout the game that will determine what people think of the character through the game's karma system. These decisions will effect what happens in the game's main story. Good actions will make everyone love your character, while bad actions will make them hate your character. This system is done very well, as it is very easy for your character to change from good to evil and then back again, unlike most games with systems like this. It also has a system called V.A.T.S. which was also in the first two Fallout games (that I was unfortunate enough not to play), that allows you to pause the action, and aim for specific body parts on the enemy. This is a really good system, and I'm happy it was used. Overall, I'd say that this game is fantastic. If you love a good first-person shooter, or role-playing game, you should definitely consider buying this game. It is every bit as amazing an experience as The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion, and more than deserving of a nine out of ten. Expand
  27. Nov 8, 2015
    This was my first fallout game and the largest open world game I’ve ever played. It can be said that the main story is short and not all that good, but the beauty of this game is how much there is to see and do outside of the main story. I racked up 160 hours exploring every section of the map and I’m sure there are still things I missed. Now I’m excited to try out the other games in theThis was my first fallout game and the largest open world game I’ve ever played. It can be said that the main story is short and not all that good, but the beauty of this game is how much there is to see and do outside of the main story. I racked up 160 hours exploring every section of the map and I’m sure there are still things I missed. Now I’m excited to try out the other games in the series. Expand
  28. Mar 30, 2015
    Bethesdas next gem, Fallout 3 takes place in the capital wasteland after an apocalyptic war. The player is placed inside of Vault 101, one of the few last known surviving vault in the wastes, not to mention the last sane vault. Unfortunately after years of constant stress to save the wasteland, the players father escapes the vault causing the inhabitants to go on a rampage. After aBethesdas next gem, Fallout 3 takes place in the capital wasteland after an apocalyptic war. The player is placed inside of Vault 101, one of the few last known surviving vault in the wastes, not to mention the last sane vault. Unfortunately after years of constant stress to save the wasteland, the players father escapes the vault causing the inhabitants to go on a rampage. After a dangerous escape the player is given free roam through the hazardous Capital wasteland in search for is father, and the G.E.C.K (garden Eden creation kit) Expand
  29. Sep 30, 2011
    An excellent game let down spectacularly by its main quest. Atmospheric, visually fascinating and manages to maintain your curiosity at high levels. Can't say I met any NPCs with anything resembling a personailty (with the possible exception of Moira) but that's not uncommon nowadays. Sniping with the dart gun was great fun, but the tube stations got irksome quickly. I don't see what allAn excellent game let down spectacularly by its main quest. Atmospheric, visually fascinating and manages to maintain your curiosity at high levels. Can't say I met any NPCs with anything resembling a personailty (with the possible exception of Moira) but that's not uncommon nowadays. Sniping with the dart gun was great fun, but the tube stations got irksome quickly. I don't see what all the fuss about VATS is - to me it just seems like cheating so I never used it. There is a lot here to interest the casual FPS and RPG fan but perhaps not enough to interest the hardcore elements of both factions. The main quest is totally uninspiring and (maybe thankfully) a fair chunk of it can be missed without warning. Plenty to see and do and I finished it 3 times which probably says more than any of the above. Definitely worth a try. Expand
  30. Jul 7, 2012
    It's an amazing Action RPG game. It all takes place in a post-apocalyptic Washington, DC years after The Great War that has led to a worldwide massive nuclear destruction. The capital has been reduced to a wasteland with mutants, a dangerous wildlife and people trying to make a living. Many has gone underground seeking safety in hi-tech Vaults were people has developed a small society. YouIt's an amazing Action RPG game. It all takes place in a post-apocalyptic Washington, DC years after The Great War that has led to a worldwide massive nuclear destruction. The capital has been reduced to a wasteland with mutants, a dangerous wildlife and people trying to make a living. Many has gone underground seeking safety in hi-tech Vaults were people has developed a small society. You are a vault resident from Vault 101 and your father is a scientist that runs away for reasons that are unknown. You set out to find him and get some answers. In the game you get to make your own character choosing gender, looks and age. You get to wander the wastes and explore it. The game has a wide variety of weapons and armors. You can kill your enemies using a targeting system called V.A.T.S. that allows you to freeze the moment and zoom in on your enemies choosing were you want to shoot them, and the odds for hitting those certain limbs. Fallout 3 is without a doubt the best RPG game I have ever played. It has so much content and replay value. You decide if you want to be good, evil or neutral. There are tons of choices to be made that has an effect of how people sees you as a person. Even though the game has some technical issues including numerous amount of bugs and a robotic movement it's something you shouldn't miss out on. Expand
  31. Nov 8, 2013
    This game is one of the Top 5 RPG of all-time. With the great Mods available for it and just the massiveness and content in this game, it will provide literally 100's of hours of enjoyment.
  32. Sep 15, 2016
    Esse jogo é tão vasto e denso, tantas coisas para se fazer e tanto para se explorar, esse jogo é um MUST PLAY se vc gosta de RPGs, Fallout 3 foi um jogo feito com carinho.
  33. Aug 5, 2015
    I never understood why people said that this isn't "fallout". Because it is much more different than previous fallout games. Take a look at gta 2 to gta 3, gta 3 pretty much changed everything and that is exactly what happened to fallout 3. Fallout 3 is a role playing game as well as a shooter as well taken place after a long time after a nuclear war hit america. It's story is pretty muchI never understood why people said that this isn't "fallout". Because it is much more different than previous fallout games. Take a look at gta 2 to gta 3, gta 3 pretty much changed everything and that is exactly what happened to fallout 3. Fallout 3 is a role playing game as well as a shooter as well taken place after a long time after a nuclear war hit america. It's story is pretty much you find your dad who has left you behind in the vault they were living in.

But overall the game is great, customization is not limited, you can play countless of hours of missions and side missions. As well as you can play in a Gained Karma/Lost Karma (aka good/evil) and you can change the fate of most events and you can shape the story in different ways.

Overall I personally like it, it's one of my favourite games due to it's creativity but it does lose some points in some parts of the game. One the graphics and colour design just doesn't go well with the mood. And yes I know the gray colour scheme is supposed to present a "depressed" mood on fallout. But does everything have to be gray and gloomy. Also another thing I would have liked is cinematic scenes in fallout. I know it's trying to be a role playing game thus why you are always looking at a person at the front of the face. But lack of cinematic scenes makes the story too empty. I personally don't care about the story missions compared to the side missions because the story wasn't all that exciting to me. And cinematic scenes would have changed that.

But other then that I love this game, one of the best games of all time.
  34. gas
    Dec 1, 2011
    Im writing this a bit late tbh, as ive played this game more or less 1 year ago, but now i decided im going to have a second playthrough heavily modded so im going to add a little review here too.
    This game is not perfect, the engine is a bit disappointing compared to most of the "real" fps around, at least if not modded, as many objects have transparent parts only "painted" with alpha channels, this means if you try to shoot behind a fence you will discover the object is full solid and a bullet will never pass it, same can happen when hiding behind a rock, you fire aiming a mob and you will end hitting the rock instead... also without a mod the sniper rifle is useless for some reason it has less range then a normal rifle.
    Anyway, beside those 2 aspects and not many more the game is really really good.
    I liked a lot fallout 1 and 2 and i was a bit scared to find a title completely different going from isometric turn based strategy to a 3d fps game, anyway luckily the choices made by devs are quite good, basically there is a lot to explore, a very appealing (but short) main quest, a large number of more or less appealing side quests, some moments of fallout style humor, and a game that overall is really well made.
    What i like more is the fact this game reach to preserve the original fallout concept and feels really a step forward.
    The full DLCS are usually included in the package nowadays, all of them are quite crap compared to the game itself, anyway actually they can be considered something non mandatory you got with the game, so im not going to rate them here.
    At the end i finished the first play after around 180 hours, and i didn't even explore all the map nor i fully played the dlcs except anchorage, so it can be a huge experience, and a good one.
  35. Dec 26, 2010
    This would be the single most immersive game I've played, as its mostly about exploring every nook and cranny in a post-apocalyptic world. New Vegas expanded on the rpg system a bit, but I guarantee you're going to miss the VATS from this game. The main quest isn't that long, but it's a bethesda/fallout game, why are you playing if you aren't going to get immersed into the world as aThis would be the single most immersive game I've played, as its mostly about exploring every nook and cranny in a post-apocalyptic world. New Vegas expanded on the rpg system a bit, but I guarantee you're going to miss the VATS from this game. The main quest isn't that long, but it's a bethesda/fallout game, why are you playing if you aren't going to get immersed into the world as a whole instead of what you're main job is. As always, one of the coolest things about a fallout game is its humor, and you should be able to get plenty of laughs wandering around the capital wasteland. Expand
  36. Sep 26, 2015
    When you develop or publish a game, and you somehow manage to have Liam Neeson in it, then that means that you made an excellent game. The graphics may be a bit mediocre, but the gameplay and the atmosphere are top-notch, and the voice-acting, especially Liam Neeson as the father, is amazing.
  37. Dec 1, 2014
    It was one of my best experiences in terms of immersion when I felt alone in the devastated Wasteland, its story is one of my favorites about leaving the innocence to a merciless adult world, I love the chance to choose to play in 3rd or 1st person (I prefer 3rd), also I love the free, open and endless world to do whatever I want.

But it feels mostly oriented to casuals, it can't be

But it feels mostly oriented to casuals, it can't be played without DarNified, Fallout Wanderers Edition, NMCs Texture Pack, Mart's Mutant Mod, Fellout, DC Interiors Project, Reanimated, EVE, Project Beauty, Hair packs, male and female body replacers, weapons and armor additions, homes, Pip Boy replacers, or better, build your own mods!

Vanilla it deserves not more a 6, but modded is a solid 10, yes, the polishing work have done by the community but this is possible because it has one of the bests toolset out there, well thought Bethesda!
  38. Jan 31, 2014
    Fallout 3 is - 6 years down the line - probably my favourite game. It's also one of the only two games |I've given a 10 to here on Metacrtic.

It's not perfect (crashing is a way of life) but the open world game-play gives the option for creating your own story or just mucking about that no other sandbox game I've played has yet managed to capture.
  39. Dec 1, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Brilliant. A 40-50's representation of a classic run down nuclear wasteland. The gameplay of combat is not as beneficial to the game. It never was for the fallout series. Its all about making decisions. the storyline is epic. Just pure epic. purify the water (or poisin it) for a nuclear wasteland while getting by a healthy amount of super mutant, irradiated freaks. with amazing views the entire way. Its like visiting washington DC! but.... in ruins. Anyway, Compared to the other fallout games. Its not really a fallout game. But this is made by Bethesda. what did you expect? A vast, continual RPG that is very, very, fun. (Thats if you dont mind easy head shooting) It is not as funny as the other fallout games. That is what new vegas is for. And it does occasionally have that feeling of a bare RPG. Whereas Fallout new vegas has the strip as a wierd contrast to the wasteland. A long, fun RPG. Expand
  40. Jun 25, 2013
    Fallout 3 is immersive, dark and fun RPG game that has tons of things to do and explore. The game takes place in post-apocalyptic Washington DC where several factions like supermutants, raiders, vault dwellers, brotherhood of steal etc. live in uneasy coexistence.

It possible to play this game strictly by following the plot, but the main plot is somewhat short and strictly speaking there are better plot-driven games. The real fun of Fallout is open-ended exploration. The game world is huge and has more than enough stuff to do,

Although the game is very dark, everything is done tongue in cheek. This includes many subplots (e.g. Wasteland survival guide missions intended as tutorial are often outright hilarious), character development system and violence which is so excessive it becomes ridiculous (in a good way). The games also offers tons of different weapons and skills.

Main problem with this game is the low-level cap of 20, which is reached very early in the game (especially if you like exploration). Broken Steel DLC increases this to 30, which is still low but alleviates the problem to some extent.

To sum it up, Fallout 3 is definitely worth buying if you like exploration, RPG, excessive violence and silly dark humor. It offers tons of playtime and good value for your money.
  41. May 10, 2012
    Game of the Year 2000-2010. Take pride Bethesda. This is the holy grail of RPG's, except for maybe Skyrim but that came later. You start in a Vault and develop your character from being born, to a young man, before being thrust into the Capital Wasteland on an epic quest in search of your Father. Most of this game is exploration and questing. Immersion is deep and you will spend hoursGame of the Year 2000-2010. Take pride Bethesda. This is the holy grail of RPG's, except for maybe Skyrim but that came later. You start in a Vault and develop your character from being born, to a young man, before being thrust into the Capital Wasteland on an epic quest in search of your Father. Most of this game is exploration and questing. Immersion is deep and you will spend hours upon hours of your time simply exploring caves and ruined metro systems. Bethesda gives you many opportunities to deal with problems. At the start of the game you are confronted with a Bully. Now you can simply beat the crap out of him but you can also talk to his friends and convince them to rebel against him. You can kill hoards of enemies to get into a secret room, or simply fix some gears to open the door and just walk in easily. 10/10
    The game has no flaws even worth mentioning.
  42. Jul 22, 2012
    Sehr gelungenes Shooter-RPG :DD
  43. Apr 22, 2014
    They didn't make it a real time FPS to "make it easier to start with for new players" thats what a tutorial is for, not a whole game. The reason they made is that some people don't like TB strategy games.

Problem is that hardcore fallout fans won't like this and people who like FPS might not like the necessity of using VATS mode which slows the game down and takes control away from you. Fact is the game is far away from FO3, not just in gameplay but visually the wasteland looks different. It looks alot more grey than FO3 is, not enough brown and green is missing that you should see "some" of, some plants here and there. Signs that the world is recovering.
    No Bosses. Missed opportunity.

The stories ending is also terrible, the story just felt empty at the end which is kind of really unforgivable for fallout. The endings are so abysmal, they do nothing to give any closure or even summarise all the trails and tribulations you had to go through upto that point.
  44. Aug 9, 2011
    This game kicks ass on every level. Core i7 920,GTX275,6 gigs Mushkin DDR3, Win 7 64, and runs beautifully so the people saying quad cores have an issue.. nah.. you may have an issue. Depth of story has been built upon for years and years from FO to NV it has been great to watch it evolve. this still remains my favorite of the series.. the graphics, environment, NPC's all grab you and pullThis game kicks ass on every level. Core i7 920,GTX275,6 gigs Mushkin DDR3, Win 7 64, and runs beautifully so the people saying quad cores have an issue.. nah.. you may have an issue. Depth of story has been built upon for years and years from FO to NV it has been great to watch it evolve. this still remains my favorite of the series.. the graphics, environment, NPC's all grab you and pull you in to where you forget yourself and take another role... this game is 10/10, 100%, KA award and a legend that stands along with others on " the best ever made". list.â Expand
  45. Nov 12, 2011
    I would recommend Fallout 3 to everyone (especially game of the year edition), so much to do, but just not enough time! I don't know how many days, weeks and months I used to explore every little bit, taking all the quest, following the 'good' storyline and the 'bad'. This game is what you should play -Bethesdas bigest succes! Graphics is great, and you don't need those high-end-computersI would recommend Fallout 3 to everyone (especially game of the year edition), so much to do, but just not enough time! I don't know how many days, weeks and months I used to explore every little bit, taking all the quest, following the 'good' storyline and the 'bad'. This game is what you should play -Bethesdas bigest succes! Graphics is great, and you don't need those high-end-computers for it.
    Comparede to their new game Skyrim, this is the bomb! Graphics is not much different, but still in Skyrim you need to buy a computer with the price about 2000 U.S dollars to play it at the fullest, no just play it without lagg. Don't always look forward, also look backwards, because you will find this game, and I can ensure you, it is worth every goddamn coin!
  46. Aug 5, 2013
    Fallout 3 is and always will be one of the best RPG's of all time, it's amazing combat, cool graphics and great story all make up for an epic experience that almost no other games can topple.
  47. Dec 6, 2011
    I find it quite perplexing that people think that describing Fallout 3 as "Oblivion with guns" is something of an insult. If anything, it's quite an endearing term and a perfect way to describe what is one of the most enjoyable RPG's I've played in a long time. Fallout 3 gives the same sort of moral and personal freedom that the Elder Scrolls games are known for, whilst also taking quiteI find it quite perplexing that people think that describing Fallout 3 as "Oblivion with guns" is something of an insult. If anything, it's quite an endearing term and a perfect way to describe what is one of the most enjoyable RPG's I've played in a long time. Fallout 3 gives the same sort of moral and personal freedom that the Elder Scrolls games are known for, whilst also taking quite an interesting look at what the world might have been like, had the Cold War come to fruition. It's hard to dislike a game that gives you such creative ways to make ends meet. You can roam the wastelands as something of a divine protector, a saint to all you come across. Or you can be a total jerk, pick pocketing people, lying your way to success and selling others out for your own devious goals. There's really very little NOT to like about Fallout 3, unless you're not a fan of RPG's in general, anyone with a remote interest in open world exploring and question should definitely experience this. Expand
  48. May 27, 2015
    I have encountered feelings with this title because of its name "Fallout" with a consecutive number that has broken the saga of isometric RPG with this first person shooter. The vanilla game also is plain, with very poor NPC design, an easy RPG system and a linear story-line. But it has one of the strongest mod systems in history of games that makes it one of the best RPG and good-lookingI have encountered feelings with this title because of its name "Fallout" with a consecutive number that has broken the saga of isometric RPG with this first person shooter. The vanilla game also is plain, with very poor NPC design, an easy RPG system and a linear story-line. But it has one of the strongest mod systems in history of games that makes it one of the best RPG and good-looking games even in 2015. The NMCs textures with MMM and FWE are crucial to make this a game challenging, or better, play Fallout 3 with the FNV engine with Tale of Two Wastelands. Whatever, the GECK toolset is the best of this game and turns it incredibly deep. Expand
  49. Jul 22, 2013
    Fantastic game about a post nuclear holocaust world, really not many games explore such theme, and Fallout 3 did it with brio, basically if you like RPGs and exploring this is a game for you.
  50. May 16, 2011
    ONE OF THE GREATEST RPGs I HAVE EVER PLAYED IN MY WHOLE LIFE. Whoever doesn't like this is a distasteful idiot. Sure there are a couple of bugs and a bit of lag. but who really cares? The setting is fantastic, the writing is top-notch, the voice acting is great, the side-quests are enjoyable and infinitely replayable, the combat is solid and suits the game very well, looting is satisfying,ONE OF THE GREATEST RPGs I HAVE EVER PLAYED IN MY WHOLE LIFE. Whoever doesn't like this is a distasteful idiot. Sure there are a couple of bugs and a bit of lag. but who really cares? The setting is fantastic, the writing is top-notch, the voice acting is great, the side-quests are enjoyable and infinitely replayable, the combat is solid and suits the game very well, looting is satisfying, levelling up is perfect, the characters have true variety and depth, the graphics have aged well and produce some STUNNING views (such as the destroyed, barren landscape that is the Capital Wasteland, or watching Megaton go up in an extremely satisfying and explosive mushroom cloud) and the locations are so iconic, they border on fantastical. But Fallout 3's greatest strength isn't it's combat or its graphics; its the sheer freedom and sense of scale: as soon as you leave the confines of Vault 101 you drink in this endless, barren landscape and realise there are endless possibilities. Wrangle children for slavers. Collect bobbleheads. Blow up a town or two. Or simply just explore. If you play any RPG, Fallout 3 is it. Expand
  51. Aug 24, 2011
    a great game, given that its a Fallout game, and its made by Bethesda, who is responsible for the Elder Scrolls, you would expect a winning combination, and they delivered with this one. there are a couple gripes about this game i have, 1 is the somewhat clunky menu system, 2 is the somewhat dodgy physics at times and awkward gameplay mechanics, and 3 is the sheer number of bugs anda great game, given that its a Fallout game, and its made by Bethesda, who is responsible for the Elder Scrolls, you would expect a winning combination, and they delivered with this one. there are a couple gripes about this game i have, 1 is the somewhat clunky menu system, 2 is the somewhat dodgy physics at times and awkward gameplay mechanics, and 3 is the sheer number of bugs and glitches in the game. I can kind of understand the bugs and glitches since the game is just so freaking massive, but they really should have tried to fix those kinds of things in the Oblivion engine. Ive noticed people complain about the story and some complain about how pointless the game is... apparently they dont understand what this game is and cant get a clue as to what the heck is going on. the entire premise is that you, who has never been outside of a nuclear shelter in their life, all of a sudden is forced outside into the wastelands. at that point, you are free to do what you want, whether its going for the main story, which is the pursuit of your missing father, or exploring the wastes for useful stuff. the last thing i want to complain about is the GfWL, M$ needs to stop trying to get into PC gaming again, their days of glory are over, its not the days of "Rise of Nations" anymore. M$ needs to stop getting into things if they are going to half-ass their work. however, with all those things aside, Fallout 3 really is a great game that has a pretty good story to back it up too, if only the mechanics were more like New Vegas, where they threw out any semblance of a good story... Expand
  52. Nov 30, 2012
    I bought Fallout 3 and all DLCs at full price when they were released on DVDs. Being a fan of Fallout apocalyptic universe, I remembered I almost cried with excitement when I survived the initial wasteland trip and reached the very first city (Megaton). I loved the open-ended gameplay and rich storyline and side mission. This is one out of two games that I re-purchased on Steam forI bought Fallout 3 and all DLCs at full price when they were released on DVDs. Being a fan of Fallout apocalyptic universe, I remembered I almost cried with excitement when I survived the initial wasteland trip and reached the very first city (Megaton). I loved the open-ended gameplay and rich storyline and side mission. This is one out of two games that I re-purchased on Steam for collection purpose. Expand
  53. Mar 14, 2015
    Keep in mind, I am reviewing this game without all the DLC added to it.

Keep in mind, I am reviewing this game without all the DLC added to it.

Fallout 3 has one of the best stories I've ever seen in video game history, it is well written, very emotional and incredibly interesting. Explorations is by all means great, from vaults to caves to ruined cities and to a wasteland with deadly abominations. The graphics are beautiful and very well done from Bethesda, of course it's nothing compared to today's generation of game graphics, but for its time it was great.
    The voice acting is rather average to say the least, Liam Neeson did an excellent job at performing the role of James (Dad), and Erik Todd Dellums did an extremely good job at performing the role of Three Dog. However, the main questline is rather short, being approximately 5-6 hours if you only focus on it rather than side quests. The biggest negative about this game is you cannot continue after the ending. This game is still good to say the least, but up in till the end you will be quite disappointed.
  54. Oct 22, 2014
    THE best Bethesda game to date in my opinion. With over 200 hours in Fallout 3, the game just keeps on getting better. Counting aside some typical Bethesda bugs, this might just be the perfect game.
  55. Jul 1, 2012
    Fallout 3 was my introduction to the Fallout series and the first time I took note of Bethesda's name (I had played the Elder Scrolls game, but just didn't follow developers then the way I do now). When I first played this game it was on a family member's PS3. I had no current generations at the time and this game made me realize I needed a new console because I HAD to play this game.Fallout 3 was my introduction to the Fallout series and the first time I took note of Bethesda's name (I had played the Elder Scrolls game, but just didn't follow developers then the way I do now). When I first played this game it was on a family member's PS3. I had no current generations at the time and this game made me realize I needed a new console because I HAD to play this game. Personally, I found the beginning of the game's story line very engaging. You are born in a vault in a post apocalyptic future, your father vanishes having escaped the vault which is unheard of, but you can't believe he'd leave for no reason. The rest of the game then rests on you escaping and tracking down your dad while unveiling what has happened in the years since the Vault first became inhabited as you meet side characters and find information throughout a battle-torn, nuclear radiated Washington D.C. The graphics at the time seems amazingly cool, they still stand up as being good quality, but I can't say they're the best or anything.

The side quests alone can have you playing this game for several hours, and it did, and if there's anything I'd say I don't like about this game...it's how many hours you're going to have to spend on it, and how much time you're going to waste travelling around just trying to do everything it has to offer. Maybe it reveals a horder side of me, but I'm over encumbered every couple minutes and have to figure what to do with the crap I'm carrying. The VATS is kind of cool, yet it also takes away from the realism of battling a horde of mutants when you can stop to fix weapons, switch them out, and slow time to make sure you're aiming your grenades at their feet...It definitely has some flaws and glitches, but over all I find it a very fun game that I don't mind loading up two years after buying it just for some running around and mutant destroying.
  56. Sep 15, 2015
    A brilliantly made, extremely fun game. Though technically inferior to New Vegas, both in terms of story and content, I still vastly prefer Fallout 3. The sheer amount of detail, things to do, and unique setting make this one of the most interesting open world games around.
  57. Jul 11, 2011
    I'm behind the times I guess, because I just bought this game only a week ago. Well, I have already spent plenty of hours playing this game. The game world is awesome, the detail is stunning, and there are tons of things to do and explore besides the main storyline. The main storyline is not all that interesting, but it's enough to want to continue on with it once you get side trackedI'm behind the times I guess, because I just bought this game only a week ago. Well, I have already spent plenty of hours playing this game. The game world is awesome, the detail is stunning, and there are tons of things to do and explore besides the main storyline. The main storyline is not all that interesting, but it's enough to want to continue on with it once you get side tracked by a number of quests (which there are plenty of, even unmarked ones!). The only things I didn't like about the game are some of the bugs (occasional crashes and shoddy quad core support), and the fact that running feels like walking and the game doesn't come native with iron sites aiming. Thankfully the game can be modded, and a number of console commands can be used to tweak the game to your liking. Getting the iron sites mod with a few other complimentary mods to remove the auto-aiming and bumping up my run speed made this game almost perfect. As for the dialog and the NPCs they are quite cheesy in appearance and sometimes sound just down right annoying. The graphics are great for it's time, but the characters look unrealistic. But given the age of this game and the enormous amount of effort that went into making it engaging and entertaining, it's to be expected. You might get bored with it after awhile, but not before you get your money's worth...and if you do, it might be high time you go on over to Nexus and see what mods you can load up to add to the fun. One more thing: this is a single player adventure type game that can be ran in First-person or third-person (nice touch), so if you are aren't someone who enjoys SP adventure games this is not for you. Expand
  58. Sep 9, 2013
    Fallout 3 was a fantastic game. I had never played the previous games, but this one looked promising. The story is superb and adventuring is a boat load of fun. This game, however, lacks the whole post-apocalyptic feel. Sure it looks like a wasteland, but it doesn't feel like one. I didn't feel like I needed to survive. Ammo was too plentiful, and I never say that. The story made up forFallout 3 was a fantastic game. I had never played the previous games, but this one looked promising. The story is superb and adventuring is a boat load of fun. This game, however, lacks the whole post-apocalyptic feel. Sure it looks like a wasteland, but it doesn't feel like one. I didn't feel like I needed to survive. Ammo was too plentiful, and I never say that. The story made up for this and the game was just great fun. Expand
  59. Jun 12, 2016
    Probably the closest thing to a perfect game, and easily a 10/10. Everything you love about Oblivion's vast open-world RPG style, but with a great Fallout story in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. Top notch main quests, seemingly endless side-quests, huge map to explore, excellent leveling, skill point, and karma system. There's really nothing negative that I can say about this game. AnProbably the closest thing to a perfect game, and easily a 10/10. Everything you love about Oblivion's vast open-world RPG style, but with a great Fallout story in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. Top notch main quests, seemingly endless side-quests, huge map to explore, excellent leveling, skill point, and karma system. There's really nothing negative that I can say about this game. An overall unforgettable gaming experience with a wide variety of immersive post-apocalyptic adventures. Highly recommended. Expand
  60. Dec 6, 2012
    Legendary! One of my favourite RPG's of all time, it's easy to forgive it's big amount of flaws but it's rather easy to forgive those when you have an fantastic open world, decent modding community and top notch DLC, A must have!
  61. Jul 10, 2014
    I am a huge fan of Fallout 1 and 2 and that's why I was really worried about this game. I didn't believe Bethesda has what it takes to create a game that will satisfy the fans. I found Oblivion disappointing at least, so when I first started Fallout 3 I didn't have high expectations.

The beginning is quite unusual, starting as a baby and taking your first steps, then progressing through some events of your childhood. It felt really weird, but it served as a decent tutorial. At the end of it we leave the vault. Blinding sun effect fades and we witness the postapocaliptic wasteland.

It was just how I imagined it, dirty, brutal and unforgiving, but this time from first person perspective - making it even more real. I was lost for countless hours wandering around, trying to survive, exploring, fighting... and listening to great radio podcasts. Finally I realised that I have some storyline to progress. Oh, right...

The main story was good, side quests are great, combat system is fluid and encounters are challenging. Exploring the world, wandering through wasteland is more fun than exploring of Oblivion or Skyrim will ever be. More importantly - watseland is unforgiving. It takes a really long time to feel comfortable wherever you go. You never know if a lonely abandoned town you decided to visit will be just a quiet place or a death trap full of deadly deathclaws that will rip through your power armour with ease.
    Will there be an epic item waiting there for you?
    Well, there was a really annoying talking armour that got me addicted to chems... and I loved it!

Sure, the character developement could be better, we could use some extra weapons, more quests, etc.; but at the end of the day I'm a vault dweller travelling through wasteland with his supermutant friend and listening to climatic songs on the radio.
  62. Apr 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I bought the Steam Game-of-the-Year edition of Fallout 3, and though far from perfect, it's a very good game and far better than the disappointment of Oblivion.

Since gaming for me is all about story and immersiveness, I suppose I'll start with that. The story was good. It wasn't complete crap like Oblivion's was, and I was well-entertained by it throughout the game, if not completely enthralled or astounded. You're born in one of the underground vaults designed to protect several thousand American citizens from the apocalypse, and when you're nineteen, the overseer of your vault goes berserk after your father leaves. He and his goonies try to kill you and you're forced to leave and search for your father. This whole early portion takes about an hour and mainly involves character building (which I still have similar issues with from Oblivion, but that's for later).

After leaving the vault, the remainder of the campaign takes you all across the Capital Wasteland, and this world, unlike Oblivion's, was truly unique and enjoyable. To be honest, I'm giving this game a nine mainly because of the world design. Exploration was incredibly fun, as you get to see first-hand the results of the nuclear apocalypse on Washington D.C. And unlike in Oblivion, there was actually a point to exploring before max level, in which you were so bored because of the I-finished-all-the-faction-quests-and-there's-nothing-to-do-but-dungeon-dive syndrome. In Fallout 3, you actually have to survive, and that's what made this game fun for me. You scrounge around the remnants and frames of buildings, sewer stations, utility plants, looking for anything and everything that could help you survive, whether it be rare weapons, ammunition, or just caps for money. At heart, I think Fallout 3 is a survival game, and it accomplished this exceedingly well.

Oh and did I mention? Enemies no longer level with you, meaning that if you try and do everything at level 1, prepare to get your ass handed to you. (Though if you somehow managed to acquire the money/food/supplies to take on some of the higher-level areas, I suppose you could succeed.) To be honest, I would recommend sticking around the first town you come across until about level 3, just to make sure you can survive long enough to do any actual exploring.

But exploring does more than just let you live off the remains of the land and tick off markers on your map. Though there are no factions like in TES games, Fallout 3 has its share of some pretty remarkable side quests, and most of these are found through exploration. Finding a secret cult of "vampires," stumbling across what appear to be the last vestiges of flora in D.C., or going on some inane hunt for soft drinks are each the basis for some very enjoyable quests and characters, even if (once again) the facial animations are pretty far from believable.

And to be honest, that's pretty much my only complaint. When it came to FO3, I found few bugs, or anything else that really detracted from the game. The karma system was kind of cool, but it was pretty basic, I guess, and there were only two cities, but these aren't really big issues. The only problem I really had is a flaw with Bethesda's Gamebryo engine, and the fact that it cannot animate people's faces with any sort of believability. Also, you will always be playing the same character, since the CharGen, though very flexible, somehow makes all your characters end up looking pretty much the same, unless you switch genders.

Gameplay was another success, in my opinion. I have seen complaints that targeting body parts with your fire saw little impact, but I disagree. Headshots killed faster, crippling arms immediately disarmed the monster you were shooting at, and hitting the legs effectively crippled them from running. It wasn't groundbreaking gameplay mechanics but they worked solidly. VATS, however, was a different story. To be honest, there still isn't anything quite like blowing sombody's head off in slow motion, and your action points, on which VATS is dependent, regenerate fast enough that it's not gamebreakingly easy to spam, but still allows you to use it quite frequently. The best part is, it allows you to quite seamlessly switch from real-time combat to a moderate form of turn-based combat-by-the-numbers. Overall, I personally thought it was a resounding success.

So Fallout 3 definitely bested Oblivion. I immensely enjoyed it, easily logging 100 hours or more. It wasn't flawless, but it's the best we've gotten out of Bethesda since Morrowind, and it was highly enjoyable. So I will settle for a 9/10. But I'm still waiting on Skyrim...
  63. Nov 12, 2013
    Bethesda really knew that their style could be good for return of this legend. They`re got open world exploration, they`re got humor. Together with authentic visuals style and postnuclear atmosphere, they`re did something unbelievable.
    Right now, I`m slowely starting play Fallout 2. I remember this game from late 90`, because my Cousin played it. What I want to say is, that F3 has not that aspects of free world as his predecessor. Aspects what made him a legend. But has a great atmosphere, visual style, charakter creation, weapons, Story. Everything of this is make completely in original Fallout style. I`ve never played a game like this. Is not a legend, but one of the most incredible game of it`s generation.
  64. Jan 7, 2012
    The game of the year was really, really good.
    The radios are very good, the musics from the 30's and 40's accompany the game very well, the game-play is epic and the world is vast, you can investigate everywhere.
    But I'm not going to give this game a higher then 8 because of the bugs,the game is full of them, you can't run the game in Windows 7 and some times it crashes you're PC. If you
    The game of the year was really, really good.
    If you want this game buy it for the XBOX 360 and not the computer.
  65. Jan 21, 2013
    Fallout 3 is a great game especially for fans of this genre. The story is pretty good, not superb but not bad. The combat is fun but a little dull, because it lacks a cover system or iron sights. The Voice acting is well done but the characters faces look stiff when they talk. The game world is awesome and i genuinely enjoy exploring. The game does crash often and it becomes veryFallout 3 is a great game especially for fans of this genre. The story is pretty good, not superb but not bad. The combat is fun but a little dull, because it lacks a cover system or iron sights. The Voice acting is well done but the characters faces look stiff when they talk. The game world is awesome and i genuinely enjoy exploring. The game does crash often and it becomes very frustrating. Overall i think it's a good purchase. Expand
  66. Oct 11, 2010
    This game is pure epic. It had nothing that I didn't like. Great story, great ACTING, great horror themes, great gunplay and combat. It was beautiful. The weapons were intriguing, the hardware support made me think that Bethesda still love us and the DLC's were brilliant. At least 60hrs of gameplay for the completer, and I went back to it loads more times just for the sake of it. Then IThis game is pure epic. It had nothing that I didn't like. Great story, great ACTING, great horror themes, great gunplay and combat. It was beautiful. The weapons were intriguing, the hardware support made me think that Bethesda still love us and the DLC's were brilliant. At least 60hrs of gameplay for the completer, and I went back to it loads more times just for the sake of it. Then I met something I didn't like. It had Games for Windows Live integration for achievements and such, so I tried it out and I hated it. I had to use a "storage device" when I wasn't logged in. Garrrg! Stupid Microsoft. Anyway, great game Bethesda! Expand
  67. Jun 15, 2011
    10. This game is massive. Hours and hours of game play. I have about 130+ and there are still places I haven't been, and things I have yet to do. This game is much better than Fallout New Vegas. The story is deeper, I feel like I have a reason, meaning to explore, to find out. The story is very rich, and the game is very absorbing. The amount of content in this game is unreal. Bethesda has10. This game is massive. Hours and hours of game play. I have about 130+ and there are still places I haven't been, and things I have yet to do. This game is much better than Fallout New Vegas. The story is deeper, I feel like I have a reason, meaning to explore, to find out. The story is very rich, and the game is very absorbing. The amount of content in this game is unreal. Bethesda has done it again. Absolutely perfect game, in every regard. And to those who say it's doesn't have enough action, your mistaken. It has a mixture of everything, instead of 100% one thing. That's what makes this game so fantastic it has so many elements, and gives you reason to play it over and over, because it'll always turn out different. Expand
  68. Sep 4, 2011
    While the main story is average, but there is just so much to do that you'll forgive it. Graphics are alright I guess for 2008 they would've been above average. Shooting without V.A.T.S is awkward but bearable. Being a Post-apocalyptic world you will have to do a lot of scrounging and it isn't tiresome, it actually feels proper to kill someone and take their clothes to sell. RepairingWhile the main story is average, but there is just so much to do that you'll forgive it. Graphics are alright I guess for 2008 they would've been above average. Shooting without V.A.T.S is awkward but bearable. Being a Post-apocalyptic world you will have to do a lot of scrounging and it isn't tiresome, it actually feels proper to kill someone and take their clothes to sell. Repairing items does get boring after awhile. 3rd person is weird but it's good to have to option to use it. Overall if you like action RPG games you'll love Fallout 3 Expand
  69. TTT
    Aug 19, 2011
    I can't descrive this game . It's so beutiful .
  70. Nov 18, 2011
    Fallout 3 is asking a lot. It asks to be forgiven for mediocre graphics, for a forgettable storyline, for poor AI, for poor animation and for linear directed characters. The funny thing is, this game is one of the greatest I have ever played. I can't really describe why, you just need to play the game for yourself. It manages to immerse you fully as you explore the Capital Wasteland. ItFallout 3 is asking a lot. It asks to be forgiven for mediocre graphics, for a forgettable storyline, for poor AI, for poor animation and for linear directed characters. The funny thing is, this game is one of the greatest I have ever played. I can't really describe why, you just need to play the game for yourself. It manages to immerse you fully as you explore the Capital Wasteland. It manages to convey a feeling of pure epicness and you take out a super mutant with a sniper rifle from miles away while listening to the tunes of GNR. Fallout 3 expects us to play the game with a degree of leniency, and funnily enough, after playing for an hour or two most people forget the bugs and glitches that plague this game. Expand
  71. Aug 6, 2012
    4/5 (good) There's just so many "WOW" moments in this game and the whole "after-a-massive-nuclear-war" thing builds up to such a rich atmosphere. Of course the game is not perfect and sometimes feels limited, but I suggest you try it. And please... try to "RP". You know you want to.
  72. Aug 23, 2014
    Good game with lots of places to explore and quests to complete, it's a post-apocalyptic world where you carve your own path and choose to be good, evil or neutral.
  73. Jan 14, 2015
    Played this game in 2009, had fun, don't remember if I finished it or not.....
    Played this game in 2009, had fun, don't remember if I finished it or not.....
    Having finished Divinity:Original Sin and finding nothing comparable to it as of Jan. 2015, I was jonesing for a decent game and went through my old games collection. I re-installed Fallout 3 from disk, (remember disks?), and have been having a great amount of fun in it. Of course the graphics are 2008 vintage, but GOOD vintage. The marvelous open world of Washington D.C., post bombs, is a deadly place crawling with absurd mutations and Mad-Max like gangs of survivors, and you simply go from place to place shooting them in the face with whatever weapons you can find. Sounds childish, and is, but in a childish glee-like fashion. The game seems to run well on my mid-low end PC, and I'm having mindless fun. The gameworld is actually HUGE, full of discoverable places much like other Bethesda open world games. i'm having huge amounts of fun, even after 6 years of ageing on this game engine.

I admit that I set off an atomic bomb in the survivor's town of Megaton, just to see the mushroom cloud.
    Killed dozens of innocent people in doing so, but hey, whatcha gonna do? Cheers to Bethesda for making a game that's actually enjoyable after 6 years of ageing.

8/10 Would nuke innocent men, women , and children again. P.S., I thought that the early 1900's crooner soundtrack actually served as a chilling counterpoint to the wanton and gratuitous carnage.
  74. Jun 16, 2015
    Still to this day the prime game of the series:

The Good: -Magnificent character development. -Great performances from Liam Neeson and Malcolm McDowell. -Fantastic weapons which feel powerful and highly destructive. -Writing is dark, witty and highly enjoyable. -The world and lore is huge, and is thrilling to learn and listen to. -Multiple endings and different paths for your
    Still to this day the prime game of the series:

The Good:
    -Magnificent character development.
    -Great performances from Liam Neeson and Malcolm McDowell.
    -Fantastic weapons which feel powerful and highly destructive.
    -Writing is dark, witty and highly enjoyable.
    -The world and lore is huge, and is thrilling to learn and listen to.
    -Multiple endings and different paths for your character to take.
    -Many secrets.
    -Highly replayable.

The Bad:
    -Has not aged well graphically.
    -Has a tendency to crash.
    -Still very buggy.
    -Gunplay is stiff and can be difficult.

The Ugly:
    -Super Mutants

Overall: My favourite game of all time, still play it to this day, and is still as good as I remember.
  75. Nov 26, 2010
    Far supurior to its console bretheren. Fallout 3 may start slow and boring, but it makes up for its size and impact on the game. I found that it is more leaned towards the good karma, which is a bit of a dissapointment, but the game has its generic gameplay. A decent story and your actions realy do help shape the capital wasetland. This game is also greatly improved with a few mods, but asFar supurior to its console bretheren. Fallout 3 may start slow and boring, but it makes up for its size and impact on the game. I found that it is more leaned towards the good karma, which is a bit of a dissapointment, but the game has its generic gameplay. A decent story and your actions realy do help shape the capital wasetland. This game is also greatly improved with a few mods, but as a vanilla product. Its graphics are not the best but they are pretty decent and realy suit the feeling of the game. While some parts are pretty repetative, i found its vats and gruesome enviroment a key factor in helping this game live to its past predeccesors. Expand
  76. Mar 15, 2013
    Great game, full of memorable characters, and still looks good after all this time, but nearly ruined by Games For Windows Live. Hope Bethesda see the light and keep well away in future.
  77. Jan 21, 2012
    Such a great game! I don't see why people write bad reviews just because a few little things just ruin everything the game gives. The only thing that I don't like about the game is just the total environment. It is just too dull for me as you would think 200 years after a nuclear holocaust that sky would be blue and that there would be some vegetation coming back. Otherwise, I don't have aSuch a great game! I don't see why people write bad reviews just because a few little things just ruin everything the game gives. The only thing that I don't like about the game is just the total environment. It is just too dull for me as you would think 200 years after a nuclear holocaust that sky would be blue and that there would be some vegetation coming back. Otherwise, I don't have a thing to complain about, but I don't let the environment ruin everything else that is included in the game. I simply love the game, though once you're done exploring everywhere and done with all the quests, it gets kind of boring. But that's why there's mods out there! They add excitement back to the game and some even help clear out glitches and help increase difficulty, realism, and the environment of the game. Even though the mods weren't made by Bethesda, they're still part of the game. So in all, completely awesome game and I cannot wait to buy Fallout 4 when it comes out! Expand
  78. Nov 3, 2012
    Certainly one of the best open world games I've ever played. The story, whilst not being great, is gripping, the characters interesting, the locations diversified.
  79. Dec 12, 2013
    Loved this game when it first came out. The arsenal of weapons to choose from was immense, the gore, gameplay, exploration, scare factor, and graphics were all superb. Story could have been better but the good points about the game more than make up for any shortfalls in that area.
  80. Mar 10, 2015
    First Fallout game I ever played. Loved it to death. Explored everything, went everywhere. Characters varied in depth, but overall I really got into the story. Vault dweller aspect was really cool.

The graphics were also really good for the time. Variability of skins, armor and weapons was also pretty good, so I didn't really get bored with them. Having a companion with you was a nice touch, but the AI pathing for them was a bit glitchy at times.
  81. Mar 15, 2012
    I have been playing video games all my life. Fallout 3 is one of the best games I have ever played. Revolutionary when it came out in 2008. Fallout universe > Elder Scrolls.
  82. Oct 9, 2012
    Este juego es uno de los tres mejores de la presente generacion. Profundo, divertido, desafiante, larguísimo, original, inmenso...me prodría pasar el día alabándolo. Es cierto que no es perfecto y por eso le doy un 9. Gráficamente es mejorable en especial las terribles animaciones de los presonajes y tiene algún que otro bug (razonable dado laEste juego es uno de los tres mejores de la presente generacion. Profundo, divertido, desafiante, larguísimo, original, inmenso...me prodría pasar el día alabándolo. Es cierto que no es perfecto y por eso le doy un 9. Gráficamente es mejorable en especial las terribles animaciones de los presonajes y tiene algún que otro bug (razonable dado la enormidad del juego), pero una vez te sumerjas en su ambientación retro-apocalíptica, con un sentido del humor genial y algunas misiones inolvidables, todos esos fallos serán insignificantes comparado con todo lo que te ofrece el juego.
    Graficos: 8 Sonido: 8 Diversion: 10 Duracion: 10
  83. Sep 8, 2013
    although it is old,i played for whole 2008(that time i still not know what is authorized game or how to get,china is such xxxxx country(support pirated CD) ,at last at 2010 i s=know steam through cod6 then i bought fallout3 too at Christmas day and till now i want play it again)

i prefer the main story of fallout3,better than FNV i think,and i prefer aim like this,though iron sight is real,but it is more playable and comfortable to use without that.
    a freedom game and dlc is very nice,with mods it is better but unstable
    without the mods it is still very very nice,with the mod and if u can handle well without freeze or crash,it will be perfect
  84. Dec 27, 2011
    This game is good beceause of these points:

1) The free world, do whatever you want whenever you want.
    2) There is a war, I like that
    3) The first person shooter gameplay is pretty good.
    4) The VATS-system is just brilliant. You can even shoot you're enemy's weapons.

Conclusion: Buy it!
  85. Mar 19, 2012
    The fallout universe is one of the gaming universes I love the most. The huge open wasteland is fun to explore and very well designed. The progression system is one of the best I've seen, rewarding you xp for killing, questing, lockpicking, persuading etc. If there's something I would like to see an improvement on it must be the combat. I would have liked to see more action oriented combatThe fallout universe is one of the gaming universes I love the most. The huge open wasteland is fun to explore and very well designed. The progression system is one of the best I've seen, rewarding you xp for killing, questing, lockpicking, persuading etc. If there's something I would like to see an improvement on it must be the combat. I would have liked to see more action oriented combat maybe a little more like an fps, but this is still an amazing game, and one of my favourite rpg's! Expand
  86. Aug 1, 2013
    I'll do a pros and cons for this review.

Pros: 1.) Atmosphere- While Fallout 3 had a different atmosphere than the original two, 3 still provides a great atmosphere and feel of the game. I really liked large amount 50s vibe it had to it. The 50s diners, cars, buildings, houses. This gives the game a unique twist and it defiantly makes 3 stand out from the pack. It's also gives a twist
    I'll do a pros and cons for this review.

Pros:
    1.) Atmosphere- While Fallout 3 had a different atmosphere than the original two, 3 still provides a great atmosphere and feel of the game. I really liked large amount 50s vibe it had to it. The 50s diners, cars, buildings, houses. This gives the game a unique twist and it defiantly makes 3 stand out from the pack. It's also gives a twist of irony of the 1950s 'life is good' feel to the bleak world you're in.

2.) The little things- Small things like leaving the Vault for the first time, hearing the wind whistle as you travel through the wastes, Dogmeat, Harold being a full tree, walking into Springvale for the first time, or the rust broken look of the hunting rifle, the list can go on. These small things really brings out some cool things that can really immerse you into the world and give a feeling of the atmosphere and the game in general.

3.) Soundtrack, both radio and the OST- I don't like Three Dog, but I do like the playlist. Most of the songs on the radio fit perfectly into Fallout 3's world it's almost unbelievable. It really contributes to bringing the wasteland too life. In fact, most of these songs are 'feel good' music of America's post World War II prosperity and again, it goes back to the irony of the 'feel good' music in a desolate wastes.

4.) Wasteland- It's well detailed and looks great. Every location has a something in it and the distinct 50s style brings it too life.

CONS
    1.) Story- My god is it awful. It violates the definition of an RPG game with choices. It's short, linear, and the choices you make are virtually non existent. The story forces you to play the hero and side with the good guys and make all the right choices. Not very much flexibility.

2.) Characters. Good characters can make a poor story better. But that's not the case. Most characters are generic and 2-D. They share the same personality and sometimes there voices seemed phoned in.
    With James and among other character, it forces a personal attachment on you and the game plays off of that regardless whether you actually care about them or not.

3.) Black and white morality. The game assumes you want to play hero and almost expects you too. At least story wise. I don't know, it just seems to lean towards being a good guy. You can still commit heinous acts, but if you've seen some of the dialogue options and how the story plays, you'll understand.

Still Fallout 3 is a good game, great in fact. It captures an immersive bleak, 50s style post apocalyptic DC that's just a joy to explore (despite the oh so many metro tunels).

As for the DLCS- Operation Anchorage is the worst, as it leans toward a boring linear shooter and the rewards make the game way to easy. Mothership Zeta is the second worst, as the whole alien ship thing seems a bit wacky, even for Fallout 3.
    Broken Steel is a must, as it lets you continue on from the ending. The story for isn't too bad either.
    Point Lookout and The Pitt are the best. Capturing great atmosphere, characters, and story. The Pitt being the best as it forces you into a convincing moral dilemma.
  87. Aug 30, 2013
    A little worse than Fallout NV but it's still a great game. If you need some atmospheric FPS/RPG game, that's for you dear gamer. You won't regret it.
  88. Jun 21, 2014
    i am a fan of the fallout 3 to new vegas ik thats not a true fan but its really nice all i hv to say is bathesda if u make it anything like skyrim except graphics i will FREAGGIN HATE IT. skyrim was a good idea but u guys executed it wrong. correct your mistakes with fallout 4 and the new elder scrolls plz. thx if u do and screw u if u dont.

this games gets a 9.5/10 i love it to peices

this games gets a 9.5/10 i love it to peices but the low amount of ammo makes it challenging,..more challenging put it like that but without a challenge u only have skyrim so :P *srry bathesda* BUT YALL DID VERY WELL I HOPE YALL MAKE MORE AND I say this game should be bought by every1. thank your for reading i know the coding in the begining is hard but its worth it i might even make a download to make life easy for yall
  89. Feb 16, 2011
    I got this game a couple years a go for Christmas. Since then I have played hours and hours of this game. I was shocked to see how many people just despise this game. This Game is a work of Art! The only downfall of this game is Games for Windows live. I personally didn't mind too much mainly because I bought it retail. If you buy on Steam Keep that in mind.

Performance wise I was able to

Performance wise I was able to run the game full resolution on medium settings on a old duel core machine flawlessly. If you are worried about bugs, most of them have been worked out at this point.

If you are looking for a game that will last you this game will do that and more. If the base game wasn't enough the DLC adds even more. I highly advise that you get the game of the year edition because it comes with the DLC and you save money.
  90. Jul 30, 2011
    Honestly a breath taking game!, I still play it and the mods are great. It has a wonderful environment, the vast open wasteland lots of quests to do areas to explore and the best DLC's in a game. Honestly theres no better game I have ever played in my life and must get for anyone I definitely recommend it alot :) 10/10 by a mile for me!
  91. Dec 4, 2012
    Fallout 3 is one of the greatest of the games since ever,no one could doubt its value.As the time i goes out of the vault 101,a story begins and a legendary is beginning to write.I can spend hours and hours and i can breakd it out once again and again,much more, the mods,everyone knows that.
  92. Apr 19, 2013
    This is Fallout 3! What has to be one of my favrite games of this modern generation in video gaming! Everything about this game is great! The storyline, side questions alike! ALL OF IT! GAMEPLAY I LOVE IT ALL. The game throws many refrenses to the classic loved fallout games before it, and does it with shine! But above all what this game excels at that many modern games of today fail at isThis is Fallout 3! What has to be one of my favrite games of this modern generation in video gaming! Everything about this game is great! The storyline, side questions alike! ALL OF IT! GAMEPLAY I LOVE IT ALL. The game throws many refrenses to the classic loved fallout games before it, and does it with shine! But above all what this game excels at that many modern games of today fail at is one simple thing. ATMOSPHERE! This game will forever be one of my favrite games that ive ever expereinced, and will experience Expand
  93. Jan 4, 2015
    My all-time favorite video game. I like New Vegas, too, but I find Fallout 3 offers a better narrative.

Unfortunately, if this game didn't have modders that have made it work right/better, this game would be a buggier mess than it already is. NOTE: You need mods to play this game correctly. Some people don't like to expend the energy to do so, and I understand it's daunting, but it's so worth it. I couldn't imagine playing this game without the Wanderer's Edition mod.

No, you don't need to have played the first two titles to appreciate this one.

Though this is an FPS/3rd person adventure, do not come in expecting it to be CoD/BF with a gripping storyline. It's far deeper than that.
  94. Apr 15, 2016
    Me lo recomendo un amigo y lo bien que hice en hacerle caso, recuerdo que me enconto ese ambiente gris y decaido del holocausto nuclear que era el yermo, salir y explorar en una mezcla de shooter con rol que me gusto mucho y de una historia muy epica.
  95. Jun 18, 2016
    Tons of references of good films with a good story behind. Literally buoght ps3 just to play it, its just too much to explain and postproduction is exponentially good
  96. Sep 23, 2010
    Fallout 3 has to be a favourite of mine, and due to a new rig build i decided to start it again. I realised that the generic storyline is a only but a speck on what the game has to offer if you indulge your character in the little side missions available. Much like other massive RPG's days of your life can be put into this customising things with pc mods and just generally playing throughFallout 3 has to be a favourite of mine, and due to a new rig build i decided to start it again. I realised that the generic storyline is a only but a speck on what the game has to offer if you indulge your character in the little side missions available. Much like other massive RPG's days of your life can be put into this customising things with pc mods and just generally playing through different ways. Eitherway, despite some bugs, and some slightly poor graphics in certain areas, its a good game allround Expand
  97. May 30, 2011
    One of the all time best games. The plethora of easter eggs makes this game all the better. Great solid story with a fantastic RPG play style that really lets you fully dictate every action your character does. Funny and extremely action packed game play with great graphics and animations. I recommend Fallout 3 to anyone who loves RPGs.
  98. Jul 8, 2011
    Well done comeback to post-nuclear world of fallout. Iâ
  99. Jan 17, 2012
    Fallout 3 is a very different game than so many other games we see in stores these days, Fallout 3 have something special than most other games dont have and therefore i think its an awesome game! The Wasteland brings that epic feeling of almost IRL feeling, danger is everywhere. War, War Never Changes. Deffintly worth buying!
  100. May 7, 2012
    Fallout three is one of the most perfect games that there is. Once you get past the imperfect graphics, fallout three is a dark game filled with tragedy and reality, forcing you to make decisions that you may not necessarily like. Not the fastest paced game, fallout will have you exploring a great deal (a selling point for Bethesda, kind of like Bioware's writing, it's just a strongFallout three is one of the most perfect games that there is. Once you get past the imperfect graphics, fallout three is a dark game filled with tragedy and reality, forcing you to make decisions that you may not necessarily like. Not the fastest paced game, fallout will have you exploring a great deal (a selling point for Bethesda, kind of like Bioware's writing, it's just a strong point). The story is excellent and combat staves off repetition by allowing you to watch your bullet destroy the skull of an unsuspecting foe. Be careful, though, the fallout engine is EXTREMELY buggy so if you can't stand crashes to desktop, don't buy the game. Any other game with bugs this numerous would drop down the score significantly, however fallout three is just so perfect. Another annoying part of the game is the item degradation system, which has never been a good idea for a game mechanic in the history of any game ever. The stealth system is sub par. In the end though, if you can get through the bugs, fallout three will provide you with at least three replays of 12 hours each at least, and then you can add mods or make them yourself easily if you want. I highly reccomend. Expand

1. PC PowerPlay
    Minor niggles aside, Fallout 3 is almost entirely spectacular. Everything from the graphics, to the sound, to the plot is first-rate. The VATS system worlds like a charm, and it’s so easy to get the hang of, you’ll be cracking skulls like there’s no tomorrow. [Dec 2008, p.55]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    A vast and open world of unimaginable possibilities opens in front of you in Fallout 3. Great story, flawless combat system, and the option to choose your own way makes it a hot candidate for game of the year. [Nov 2008]
  3. Fallout 3 is one of this year's best games. It's an unforgettable journey that lives up to the series. You are an ex-vault 101 inhabitant, and you discover a whole new world, full of zombies, mutants, raiders, aliens and all kinds of creatures. Welcome to this post-apocaliptic reality, where you are going to spend hundreds of hours.