8.0

1. Nov 13, 2011
    Thoroughly enjoyable, and worth every penny. I bought the GOTY edition which made it even more fun. Every aspect of this game draws you in! The campaign can take a long time to finish, and there are plenty of different outcomes from the choices you make. This makes for a great replayable game. Storyline is impeccable, and the graphics are amazing!
  2. Aug 14, 2010
    Game have too many slave-quests, like make this, and for this u must run 100 miles and shoot to all generated monsters and crime-men.

Fallout 1 and 2 was made for more freedom of players. And if u clear some place this place still clean.

For playing with enjoy player must fully understand textual and audio information in game. But Fallout 3 on Steam-system was without Russian language.
  3. Sep 7, 2010
    This game is good..very good.The rpg elements are good.the gameplay is awesome,and the story is also very interesting.I was very amazed of the work done by bethesda softworks.It was very good.
  4. Sep 26, 2010
    This is Oblivion in future.I give it a 10 not only because i liked The elder scrolls 4 oblivion very much but for its nice game play elements as well as the exploring world.A nice game detailed and in which the atmosphere is very very realistic. You can see the elder scrolls elements in it like jumping at a place if you have discovered it or the usage and repair of items.But netherless isThis is Oblivion in future.I give it a 10 not only because i liked The elder scrolls 4 oblivion very much but for its nice game play elements as well as the exploring world.A nice game detailed and in which the atmosphere is very very realistic. You can see the elder scrolls elements in it like jumping at a place if you have discovered it or the usage and repair of items.But netherless is a solid game even if the main story is short has many side quests Expand
  5. Oct 6, 2010
    this is a great game for anyone who likes to explore large areas and this game is easy to play due to the targeting system making it much easier for people with even the WORST aim in the world to pick up the game and get into it imediantly.
  6. Oct 12, 2010
    Great game, lots to do and a massive play area to explore, I sort of don't like VATS and the large amount of ordinance it takes to put things down, but that doesn't even merit half a point deduction.
    Story is pretty interesting in a wasteland of uninteresting stories that fill most games these days.
    Really sucks you in, just wish the FPS aspect was a bit better implemented ie. no autoaim, stronger weaponry being used by/against you. Tons of content for 20 or 30 bucks, can't go wrong.
  7. Oct 28, 2010
    Okay, lots of people gave this game bad reviews so I'd like to address some of those, First off to the hundred or so people who said "Its hard to find ammo" I say, Your playing in a nuceluar wasteland after a huge atomic war, ammo isn't really a main concern for people then. To the people who say i cant find anyone to interact with I say, GO TO A CITY!, For the game itself its gameplay isOkay, lots of people gave this game bad reviews so I'd like to address some of those, First off to the hundred or so people who said "Its hard to find ammo" I say, Your playing in a nuceluar wasteland after a huge atomic war, ammo isn't really a main concern for people then. To the people who say i cant find anyone to interact with I say, GO TO A CITY!, For the game itself its gameplay is amazing, the guns are realistic the textures are amazing the PC versions great because you can mod. Fight sequences are unique and challengeing and it is hard to kill thinkgs, guess why, THEY ARE MUTATED HUMANS! MUTATED! HUGE GREEN MUTANTS! Overall this game is definitly worth 50 bucks hell this games worth 100, ive got 800 hours for Fallout 3 on steam so thats gotta mean something. Expand
  8. Nov 18, 2010
    i am so addicted to Fallout 3, i play it alot, i am a god in the game, i really enjow useing the Laser pistol and the Rocket launcher, i hate playing as a badass in the game, im always the goodguy
  9. Dec 18, 2010
    Very good game, the extra DLC's were an amazing add on. Very fun and very mod-able to provide hours of fun, I bought it expecting a game I would play once and then probably never again. I was proven wrong. Bethesda goes and make an excellent game that had me hooked and has caused me to play the campaign more times then I can remember. With 100 hours of game play I can safely say, if youVery good game, the extra DLC's were an amazing add on. Very fun and very mod-able to provide hours of fun, I bought it expecting a game I would play once and then probably never again. I was proven wrong. Bethesda goes and make an excellent game that had me hooked and has caused me to play the campaign more times then I can remember. With 100 hours of game play I can safely say, if you like RPG's, 1st and 3rd person shooters, trust me on this you will love Fallout 3. With complete freedom and lots of guns, weapons, and quests, you will be spellbound by the awesomeness of this game. Expand
  10. Jul 19, 2011
    A truly epic adventure--an absolute stellar collaboration of FPS and RPG experiences. The vast open landscape allows unhindered exploration. The game offers a wealth of NPC characters, each having their own distinct personalities opening or limiting choices based on how you interact with them. The story conversations go far beyond simple dialog, offering players deep and rich characterA truly epic adventure--an absolute stellar collaboration of FPS and RPG experiences. The vast open landscape allows unhindered exploration. The game offers a wealth of NPC characters, each having their own distinct personalities opening or limiting choices based on how you interact with them. The story conversations go far beyond simple dialog, offering players deep and rich character development. There's even multiple paths/outcomes depending on the choices you make throughout the game. Multitudes of different monster types and weapons. While the story and side missions are enough to keep anyone busy for hours on end, the DLCs are well integrated and keep the game fresh for many more. Expand
  11. Feb 16, 2011
    I got this game a couple years a go for Christmas. Since then I have played hours and hours of this game. I was shocked to see how many people just despise this game. This Game is a work of Art! The only downfall of this game is Games for Windows live. I personally didn't mind too much mainly because I bought it retail. If you buy on Steam Keep that in mind.

Performance wise I was able to

Performance wise I was able to run the game full resolution on medium settings on a old duel core machine flawlessly. If you are worried about bugs, most of them have been worked out at this point.

If you are looking for a game that will last you this game will do that and more. If the base game wasn't enough the DLC adds even more. I highly advise that you get the game of the year edition because it comes with the DLC and you save money.
  12. Aug 9, 2011
    This game kicks ass on every level. Core i7 920,GTX275,6 gigs Mushkin DDR3, Win 7 64, and runs beautifully so the people saying quad cores have an issue.. nah.. you may have an issue. Depth of story has been built upon for years and years from FO to NV it has been great to watch it evolve. this still remains my favorite of the series.. the graphics, environment, NPC's all grab you and pullThis game kicks ass on every level. Core i7 920,GTX275,6 gigs Mushkin DDR3, Win 7 64, and runs beautifully so the people saying quad cores have an issue.. nah.. you may have an issue. Depth of story has been built upon for years and years from FO to NV it has been great to watch it evolve. this still remains my favorite of the series.. the graphics, environment, NPC's all grab you and pull you in to where you forget yourself and take another role... this game is 10/10, 100%, KA award and a legend that stands along with others on " the best ever made". list.â Expand
  13. Feb 23, 2011
    Whenever i think of this game i think of what a good time i had (and still do) scavenging and roaming the wasteland. I just love this game and i love Bethesda for making it.
  14. May 16, 2011
    ONE OF THE GREATEST RPGs I HAVE EVER PLAYED IN MY WHOLE LIFE. Whoever doesn't like this is a distasteful idiot. Sure there are a couple of bugs and a bit of lag. but who really cares? The setting is fantastic, the writing is top-notch, the voice acting is great, the side-quests are enjoyable and infinitely replayable, the combat is solid and suits the game very well, looting is satisfying,ONE OF THE GREATEST RPGs I HAVE EVER PLAYED IN MY WHOLE LIFE. Whoever doesn't like this is a distasteful idiot. Sure there are a couple of bugs and a bit of lag. but who really cares? The setting is fantastic, the writing is top-notch, the voice acting is great, the side-quests are enjoyable and infinitely replayable, the combat is solid and suits the game very well, looting is satisfying, levelling up is perfect, the characters have true variety and depth, the graphics have aged well and produce some STUNNING views (such as the destroyed, barren landscape that is the Capital Wasteland, or watching Megaton go up in an extremely satisfying and explosive mushroom cloud) and the locations are so iconic, they border on fantastical. But Fallout 3's greatest strength isn't it's combat or its graphics; its the sheer freedom and sense of scale: as soon as you leave the confines of Vault 101 you drink in this endless, barren landscape and realise there are endless possibilities. Wrangle children for slavers. Collect bobbleheads. Blow up a town or two. Or simply just explore. If you play any RPG, Fallout 3 is it. Expand
  15. Jan 31, 2014
    Fallout 3 is - 6 years down the line - probably my favourite game. It's also one of the only two games |I've given a 10 to here on Metacrtic.

It's not perfect (crashing is a way of life) but the open world game-play gives the option for creating your own story or just mucking about that no other sandbox game I've played has yet managed to capture.
  16. Aug 7, 2011
    The greatest game of all time. Those complaining of "crashes" are using **** computers. Those complaining of "paying for DLC's" are cheap and probably stole the game. There is nothing... NOTHING anyone can say about this game that should sway you from NOT purchasing it. This is THE game to end all games.
  17. May 30, 2011
    One of the all time best games. The plethora of easter eggs makes this game all the better. Great solid story with a fantastic RPG play style that really lets you fully dictate every action your character does. Funny and extremely action packed game play with great graphics and animations. I recommend Fallout 3 to anyone who loves RPGs.
  18. Jun 4, 2011
    I went into this game with literally no idea how the story went and what the setting was and if im totally honest, it was the greatest game i have ever played, although i dont play many games i just know that this game will always be my favourite game
  19. Aug 31, 2011
    Fallout 3 is one deep, dark, sad and one of the best RPGs ever. Set in post-apocalyptic world player assumes role of Lone Wanderer on his mission to find and save his father who left safety of the Vault 101. Epic story, combat, V.A.T.S., enemies and atmosphere coupled with awesome gameplay make this game worthwhile investition.
  20. Jun 15, 2011
    10. This game is massive. Hours and hours of game play. I have about 130+ and there are still places I haven't been, and things I have yet to do. This game is much better than Fallout New Vegas. The story is deeper, I feel like I have a reason, meaning to explore, to find out. The story is very rich, and the game is very absorbing. The amount of content in this game is unreal. Bethesda has10. This game is massive. Hours and hours of game play. I have about 130+ and there are still places I haven't been, and things I have yet to do. This game is much better than Fallout New Vegas. The story is deeper, I feel like I have a reason, meaning to explore, to find out. The story is very rich, and the game is very absorbing. The amount of content in this game is unreal. Bethesda has done it again. Absolutely perfect game, in every regard. And to those who say it's doesn't have enough action, your mistaken. It has a mixture of everything, instead of 100% one thing. That's what makes this game so fantastic it has so many elements, and gives you reason to play it over and over, because it'll always turn out different. Expand
  21. TTT
    Aug 19, 2011
    I can't descrive this game . It's so beutiful .
  22. Jul 30, 2011
    Honestly a breath taking game!, I still play it and the mods are great. It has a wonderful environment, the vast open wasteland lots of quests to do areas to explore and the best DLC's in a game. Honestly theres no better game I have ever played in my life and must get for anyone I definitely recommend it alot :) 10/10 by a mile for me!
  23. Nov 8, 2011
    The very best out of all of the Fallout games. I would not recommend any expansion packs though - once you have completed a large amount of the content in this game, I'd recommend going to New Vegas.
  24. Aug 7, 2011
    The best game I've ever played in my opinion. Awesome storyline a boat load of side quests, guns, and characters make this a one of a kind game. Add the five awesome dlc's on top of that and you have a true gaming masterpiece. The only problem that i can find is that it can freeze ever so often but isn't a problem if you have patience.
  25. Aug 8, 2011
    One of the best RPG games ever.
    Great story, Great game play, paradise for Mods
    you can play this game for over the 300 hour if not more
    you can customize your own character, and you level by an XP system
    that has bin put in very nice

Sealreth,
  26. Sep 29, 2011
    Just...wow. If you play it, and I mean REALLY play it, it will immerse you in a way no game has accomplished in years for me. By the time I did everything on the map (side quests etc) and finished the story line, I'd racked up 157 hours of in game time (doesn't count menu surfing, which is a huge portion of it). It looks gorgeous, the combat is deep and spontaneous, and the NPC's areJust...wow. If you play it, and I mean REALLY play it, it will immerse you in a way no game has accomplished in years for me. By the time I did everything on the map (side quests etc) and finished the story line, I'd racked up 157 hours of in game time (doesn't count menu surfing, which is a huge portion of it). It looks gorgeous, the combat is deep and spontaneous, and the NPC's are interesting enough that it holds together quite well as a 'world'. I have to say it: there are bugs that can be terribly annoying at times (like ones that kill you party going through doors, or flat out crashes). But I can overlook it for the sheer quantity of content and how much I enjoyed it. Solid recommend to everyone. Expand
  27. Sep 29, 2011
    Now this game is worthy of the title "epic". Same scenario as the wonderful 1st and 2nd Fallouts, with a new engine and perspective on the game. Everything you could want in a Fallout game, and more.
  28. Nov 12, 2011
    I would recommend Fallout 3 to everyone (especially game of the year edition), so much to do, but just not enough time! I don't know how many days, weeks and months I used to explore every little bit, taking all the quest, following the 'good' storyline and the 'bad'. This game is what you should play -Bethesdas bigest succes! Graphics is great, and you don't need those high-end-computersI would recommend Fallout 3 to everyone (especially game of the year edition), so much to do, but just not enough time! I don't know how many days, weeks and months I used to explore every little bit, taking all the quest, following the 'good' storyline and the 'bad'. This game is what you should play -Bethesdas bigest succes! Graphics is great, and you don't need those high-end-computers for it.
    Comparede to their new game Skyrim, this is the bomb! Graphics is not much different, but still in Skyrim you need to buy a computer with the price about 2000 U.S dollars to play it at the fullest, no just play it without lagg. Don't always look forward, also look backwards, because you will find this game, and I can ensure you, it is worth every goddamn coin!
  29. Jun 15, 2013
    Considering its release date, I think FO3 should rate about an 8. Despite a few issues, its a great game that is very huge and offers so much to do(especially with all the player created mods and so forth). So why did I rate it a 10? I see some other reviewers in here literally admitted to rating the game at "0" for the sole reason to influence its overall score down to something "they"Considering its release date, I think FO3 should rate about an 8. Despite a few issues, its a great game that is very huge and offers so much to do(especially with all the player created mods and so forth). So why did I rate it a 10? I see some other reviewers in here literally admitted to rating the game at "0" for the sole reason to influence its overall score down to something "they" believe it should be. Its like they are spoiled little brats who spit on a cake cause they don't want anyone else to like it if they don't. Anyway, their tactic works both ways. I gave the game a 10 to counter some of their false scores. That means their score and my score cancel each other out but I can live with that Expand
  30. Jun 18, 2014
    Nearly every aspect of Fallout 3 has already been critiqued and reviewed. Everything in this game is nearly perfect. The player is left wanting more. The only real problem with this game is that it will crash occasionally, but what game doesn't?

I become immersed in the game really quickly and I have to admit that this causes me to overlook some of the game's obvious flaws and mess-ups. As another reviewer pointed out, shooting someone using VATS and aiming for a specific body part does not seem to effect, hamper or handicap them in any way. Although this is true, it never bothered me enough to ruin my gaming experience. I can even overlook just because it makes the enemy a bit more challenging.

I got the impression from negative reviewers that Fallout is boring, grey, depressing with the same thing everywhere you go. Hello, have these people forgotten where this game takes place? Post-nuclear, post-apocalyptic D.C. area! The whole point of the game is to take you to this dark, depressing time that offers little hope to humanity and the player. Fallout 3 does a great job of immersing players and giving them the feeling that they really are in a hell-hole wasteland. The dj, radio stations and choice of music was pure genius that really tied the game together. I don't know what a real post-nuclear apocalypse would feel like, but this game made me feel like I was in one.

My advice to new Fallout 3 players is to play the vanilla version from start to finish. If you liked it, browser around the Nexus website for the top-rated mods and select the ones that appeal to you. Mods have given this game even more replay value and have addressed most issues people have with the game.

Originally review Oct 27, 2011, revised Jun 18, 2014. Still love the game as much as I did when it was released.
  31. Nov 2, 2011
    Hands down one of the top ten games ever released. After countless hours, nay, days of fun gameplay, any game would become a little dull. But this, like most Bethesda titles, has an avid mod community that keeps it updated, so with Fallout 3 you can play a new game every week. Last week I was blasting nazis in the Alps (with canon weapons too, still use my luger even though I'm done withHands down one of the top ten games ever released. After countless hours, nay, days of fun gameplay, any game would become a little dull. But this, like most Bethesda titles, has an avid mod community that keeps it updated, so with Fallout 3 you can play a new game every week. Last week I was blasting nazis in the Alps (with canon weapons too, still use my luger even though I'm done with the mod), before that I was playing with EVERY GUN EVER MADE, not kidding, ask anything and it'll be there. Before that I fought in a zombie apocalypse, and went to iceland, and got a motorcycle, and lived in a series of mansions, dabbled in witchcraft, Shot 300 nukes at once out of a pistol at stuff, fought every fallout monster from the prequels, and etc..... Plus if none of those sound fun to you, there are ample modding tools to make your own. With no prior experience I went on to rebuild an entire museum, got an army of old guys to punch my enemies to death, and made my guy 300 feet tall. Nuff said. If at first it wasn't a ten by now we've made it one. Expand
  32. Nov 12, 2013
    Probably Bethesda's finest hour. The absolute.. hands down.. best first person open world game on the planet. Blows everything else away and also carries on a universe I'd already fell in love with while playing the previous titles in the series. Magnificent.
  33. Mar 15, 2012
    I have been playing video games all my life. Fallout 3 is one of the best games I have ever played. Revolutionary when it came out in 2008. Fallout universe > Elder Scrolls.
  34. Nov 9, 2011
    Fallout 3 is easily one of my favorite games. Quite possibly one of the best values in gaming as well. I could spend hours roaming the wasteland scavenging and taking out mutants. Lots to see and do, and especially fun for a fan of the the classic Fallout titles. Just glad that I got to spend more time with/as another vault dweller yet again.
  35. Nov 18, 2011
    Fallout 3 is asking a lot. It asks to be forgiven for mediocre graphics, for a forgettable storyline, for poor AI, for poor animation and for linear directed characters. The funny thing is, this game is one of the greatest I have ever played. I can't really describe why, you just need to play the game for yourself. It manages to immerse you fully as you explore the Capital Wasteland. ItFallout 3 is asking a lot. It asks to be forgiven for mediocre graphics, for a forgettable storyline, for poor AI, for poor animation and for linear directed characters. The funny thing is, this game is one of the greatest I have ever played. I can't really describe why, you just need to play the game for yourself. It manages to immerse you fully as you explore the Capital Wasteland. It manages to convey a feeling of pure epicness and you take out a super mutant with a sniper rifle from miles away while listening to the tunes of GNR. Fallout 3 expects us to play the game with a degree of leniency, and funnily enough, after playing for an hour or two most people forget the bugs and glitches that plague this game. Expand
  36. Nov 20, 2011
    I will first review this properly without my own opinions, then include them. The game is giant; there are over 200 locations to explore. This gives a lot of playing time, and the inclusion of the karma feature allows each player to take their own path. It doesn't offer multiple story paths unlike it's successor New Vegas, which can be a good or bad thing depending on your taste. I foundI will first review this properly without my own opinions, then include them. The game is giant; there are over 200 locations to explore. This gives a lot of playing time, and the inclusion of the karma feature allows each player to take their own path. It doesn't offer multiple story paths unlike it's successor New Vegas, which can be a good or bad thing depending on your taste. I found it buggy a couple of times, but nothing too serious. The shooting action isn't amazing, the focus is on the in-game feature 'VATS' but i rarely used this as I felt it took too long for each enemy. Now my own opinion is, I freakin' loved this game. I borrowed it quickly off my dad one week and that was about a year ago. I've played it through about 4 times, it was just a fantastic experience that I loved. There was real strategy about making money, how much weight you could carry, dropping items for more valuable ones. I have bought most of the DLC afterwards because I really wanted to carry it on. You can pick it up cheap, I hope you won't regret it. Expand
  37. Dec 25, 2011
    lease listen! Fallout 3 maybe the best game I've ever played. If this game had some nudity in it would be the best game of of all time. Fallout 3 has HOURS of game play. I've had it a week and I've put 54 hours into playing it. I rank Fallout 3 right up there with Half-Life. The story line is great. You choose your own path. You pick if your good or bad. Help people for free and be a herolease listen! Fallout 3 maybe the best game I've ever played. If this game had some nudity in it would be the best game of of all time. Fallout 3 has HOURS of game play. I've had it a week and I've put 54 hours into playing it. I rank Fallout 3 right up there with Half-Life. The story line is great. You choose your own path. You pick if your good or bad. Help people for free and be a hero or take what you need and be a raider. Please buy this game its one of the best games out today! Expand
  38. Dec 6, 2012
    Legendary! One of my favourite RPG's of all time, it's easy to forgive it's big amount of flaws but it's rather easy to forgive those when you have an fantastic open world, decent modding community and top notch DLC, A must have!
  39. Feb 5, 2012
    One of my most favorite games ever. Everything about the game is great, I almost never encountered bugs, only few did I encounter. This game got me into post-apocalyptic games and made me fall in love with them. Worth all the time and money I spent into this game.
    I think everyone should give this game a try, it's a really good game.
  40. Jan 21, 2012
    Such a great game! I don't see why people write bad reviews just because a few little things just ruin everything the game gives. The only thing that I don't like about the game is just the total environment. It is just too dull for me as you would think 200 years after a nuclear holocaust that sky would be blue and that there would be some vegetation coming back. Otherwise, I don't have aSuch a great game! I don't see why people write bad reviews just because a few little things just ruin everything the game gives. The only thing that I don't like about the game is just the total environment. It is just too dull for me as you would think 200 years after a nuclear holocaust that sky would be blue and that there would be some vegetation coming back. Otherwise, I don't have a thing to complain about, but I don't let the environment ruin everything else that is included in the game. I simply love the game, though once you're done exploring everywhere and done with all the quests, it gets kind of boring. But that's why there's mods out there! They add excitement back to the game and some even help clear out glitches and help increase difficulty, realism, and the environment of the game. Even though the mods weren't made by Bethesda, they're still part of the game. So in all, completely awesome game and I cannot wait to buy Fallout 4 when it comes out! Expand
  41. Feb 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Fallout 3 is by far my favourite video game I have ever played. I played it for X Box 360, as well as for PC, i greatly enjoyed playing it through multiple times, I played the first two or three times without the DLC, and i liked it a lot. but i must say, it makes the game a whole if you have all the DLC because it makes the game more playable. for instance, without DLC, you die at the end without the DLC, but if you have the DLC (i think it is broken steel DLC... not sure.) it makes it so you were only knocked unconscious, and you awaken back at the citadel 2 weeks later, unlocking countless more hours of play time. my game play time on X Box 360 is in total at least 2 months worth of play time, and my PC play time is only around 3 weeks, because i just recently bought it. but it is the only game i can play NON-STOP without getting bored. fallout 3 is definitely the best game ever played. when i played New Vegas, i was greatly disappointed. i went back to Fallout 3 and was satisfied. i give this game 10/10. but in reality this game would break the scale, it is truly a god in the video game library, and should be in every gamers arsenal. Expand
  42. Mar 15, 2012
    really amazing game, sure its not as great at being a shooter as call of duty, and its not as time consuming as fallout 1 and 2, but its atmosphere really sets it apart from any other game on the market. the dungeons in fallout 3 have arguably more story then its main quest line, which may seem like a bad thing but for an open world rpg such as this it allows for a lot of replay value andreally amazing game, sure its not as great at being a shooter as call of duty, and its not as time consuming as fallout 1 and 2, but its atmosphere really sets it apart from any other game on the market. the dungeons in fallout 3 have arguably more story then its main quest line, which may seem like a bad thing but for an open world rpg such as this it allows for a lot of replay value and enjoyable exploration. i would also like to add that there is a tension added to this game if you play it on the hardest difficulty. Expand
  43. Mar 19, 2012
    The fallout universe is one of the gaming universes I love the most. The huge open wasteland is fun to explore and very well designed. The progression system is one of the best I've seen, rewarding you xp for killing, questing, lockpicking, persuading etc. If there's something I would like to see an improvement on it must be the combat. I would have liked to see more action oriented combatThe fallout universe is one of the gaming universes I love the most. The huge open wasteland is fun to explore and very well designed. The progression system is one of the best I've seen, rewarding you xp for killing, questing, lockpicking, persuading etc. If there's something I would like to see an improvement on it must be the combat. I would have liked to see more action oriented combat maybe a little more like an fps, but this is still an amazing game, and one of my favourite rpg's! Expand
  44. Mar 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An excellent game where your choices actually alternate the ending. The leveling system is good with all needed skills and the perk system is out of this world. I can understand why someone wouldn't like this game that much but seriously someone gave a FREAKING 0 TO THIS GAME! It's understandable to give it a 7 but not 0 Expand
  45. May 6, 2012
    This is one of the best games I have ever played. Wait, scratch that, THE best game I've ever played. The open world with great atmosphere, the people who look and act like they should, the weapons that aren't overpowered yet effective, and to top it all off, the DLC is excellent.

This game looks just right. If I imagine a nuclear wasteland of DC, Fallout 3 portrays that exactly as I imagined. The people in the game look great. The creatures you face are varied and challenging, and graphically spot-on.

The music, oh the music, is overwhelmingly great. It matches the atmosphere precisely. Dialogue is great, I love the system.

In summary, this game is the best game I've ever played. Every aspect of the game is perfect, 10/10.
  46. May 10, 2012
    Game of the Year 2000-2010. Take pride Bethesda. This is the holy grail of RPG's, except for maybe Skyrim but that came later. You start in a Vault and develop your character from being born, to a young man, before being thrust into the Capital Wasteland on an epic quest in search of your Father. Most of this game is exploration and questing. Immersion is deep and you will spend hoursGame of the Year 2000-2010. Take pride Bethesda. This is the holy grail of RPG's, except for maybe Skyrim but that came later. You start in a Vault and develop your character from being born, to a young man, before being thrust into the Capital Wasteland on an epic quest in search of your Father. Most of this game is exploration and questing. Immersion is deep and you will spend hours upon hours of your time simply exploring caves and ruined metro systems. Bethesda gives you many opportunities to deal with problems. At the start of the game you are confronted with a Bully. Now you can simply beat the crap out of him but you can also talk to his friends and convince them to rebel against him. You can kill hoards of enemies to get into a secret room, or simply fix some gears to open the door and just walk in easily. 10/10
    The game has no flaws even worth mentioning.
  47. Jun 18, 2012
    I am not giving Fallout 3 a 10 to bring the score up as some people gave it a 0 simply to bring the score down. That would be blantly dishonest, just as the people who gave it a 0 were patently dishonest and mean spirited toward a fabulous game. This is a great game deserving of GOTY. You get more than your monies worth with this game and you can replay it over and over. Read the reviewsI am not giving Fallout 3 a 10 to bring the score up as some people gave it a 0 simply to bring the score down. That would be blantly dishonest, just as the people who gave it a 0 were patently dishonest and mean spirited toward a fabulous game. This is a great game deserving of GOTY. You get more than your monies worth with this game and you can replay it over and over. Read the reviews that give it a 10. Those reviewers love this game. Blown away by the detail of the world. Detail contributes to its, in my opinion, greatest ability: the ability to immerse the player in the world of Fallout 3. Gamers talk about the immersion factor of games. This immersion litany is one of the top factors for liking a game. Fallout 3 is by far one of the most immersive games out there. Now, look at the negatives, and the downright disingenuous trashing of Fallout 3, especially by those who gave it a 0 or a maximum of 2. Their criticism rings false. The score minus the false reviews would bring the 7.8 up closer to 9.1 the professional critics gave the game. Fallout 3 has all the traits of one of the great games produced. May their be a Fallout 4 very soon. Expand
  48. Jan 29, 2013
    The depressing atmosphere, the gunplay, the graphics (although a bit dated, Fallout 3 still looks good), the sounds, the quests, the huge map ... Call me a fanboy, but since it came out, Fallout 3 is my #1 PC game, I literally spent hundreds of hours with it and can't wait for Fallout 4. Your turn, Bethesda.
  49. Jul 7, 2012
    It's an amazing Action RPG game. It all takes place in a post-apocalyptic Washington, DC years after The Great War that has led to a worldwide massive nuclear destruction. The capital has been reduced to a wasteland with mutants, a dangerous wildlife and people trying to make a living. Many has gone underground seeking safety in hi-tech Vaults were people has developed a small society. YouIt's an amazing Action RPG game. It all takes place in a post-apocalyptic Washington, DC years after The Great War that has led to a worldwide massive nuclear destruction. The capital has been reduced to a wasteland with mutants, a dangerous wildlife and people trying to make a living. Many has gone underground seeking safety in hi-tech Vaults were people has developed a small society. You are a vault resident from Vault 101 and your father is a scientist that runs away for reasons that are unknown. You set out to find him and get some answers. In the game you get to make your own character choosing gender, looks and age. You get to wander the wastes and explore it. The game has a wide variety of weapons and armors. You can kill your enemies using a targeting system called V.A.T.S. that allows you to freeze the moment and zoom in on your enemies choosing were you want to shoot them, and the odds for hitting those certain limbs. Fallout 3 is without a doubt the best RPG game I have ever played. It has so much content and replay value. You decide if you want to be good, evil or neutral. There are tons of choices to be made that has an effect of how people sees you as a person. Even though the game has some technical issues including numerous amount of bugs and a robotic movement it's something you shouldn't miss out on. Expand
  50. Jul 15, 2012
    Don't play it like oblivion! I feel I have to admit that when I first played this game, I got very bored of it and gave up quickly. After playing fallout 1&2 I realized why, I was playing it wrong. With the takeover of the series by bethesda if you have played oblivion you will realize a very similar look, feel and gameplay, but keep in mind this is not oblivion and resist the temptationDon't play it like oblivion! I feel I have to admit that when I first played this game, I got very bored of it and gave up quickly. After playing fallout 1&2 I realized why, I was playing it wrong. With the takeover of the series by bethesda if you have played oblivion you will realize a very similar look, feel and gameplay, but keep in mind this is not oblivion and resist the temptation to play as if it where (one central city to keep returning to, game will guide you in the right direction). Playing it in the style of fallout 1&2 provides for a much more interesting and enjoyable gameplay Expand
  51. Oct 8, 2012
    This is a great game from start to finish the fact that you can do what ever the FU*K you want made for me one of the best games ive ever played, the only down side to this game was the story and the ending i hated the fact that the game just ended, their was so much more i would have liked to do also running this game on pc is very diffecat and time consuming, LOVED THIS GAME AND WOULDThis is a great game from start to finish the fact that you can do what ever the FU*K you want made for me one of the best games ive ever played, the only down side to this game was the story and the ending i hated the fact that the game just ended, their was so much more i would have liked to do also running this game on pc is very diffecat and time consuming, LOVED THIS GAME AND WOULD RECAMED IT TOO EVERY BODY Expand
  52. JGo
    Aug 1, 2012
    One of the best games ever. Absolutely genius.
  53. Aug 1, 2012
    Fallout 3 is the best game ever, and all the haters are just sad that its not a turn-based game anymore. Well I think that the RPG/FPS format is genius. Also, who cares if it has a lot of bugs? Thats what makes the game so unique.
  54. Dec 29, 2012
    I absolutely love this game, I have played it over and over again and it still doesn't get boring. I'm not to sure what keeps me in it, maybe the ability to mod at your will or just the fact you can do what ever the heck you want. Yes, there is bugs, but there are mods to fix that. I'll admit the vanilla game of this can be pretty dull, but when you add mods its epic and never ending. TheI absolutely love this game, I have played it over and over again and it still doesn't get boring. I'm not to sure what keeps me in it, maybe the ability to mod at your will or just the fact you can do what ever the heck you want. Yes, there is bugs, but there are mods to fix that. I'll admit the vanilla game of this can be pretty dull, but when you add mods its epic and never ending. The story line is a little short, but still fun. There is defiantly more than enough place to explore, quests to find, and loot. Expand
  55. Nov 16, 2012
    One of the best games I have ever played, I got it quite recently, and have already 'wasted' 40 hours on it. For people who look here to buy this game, I decided to refute some of the negative reviewers arguments.

It's world doesn't have enough stuff!: I don't know where you've been, but if you have a brain, you should be able to find ridiculous amounts of content, I recall there's 161 marked locations on the map, and that's not including the numerous unmarked locations and Downloadable Content areas.

But it's not the fallout game I'm used to!: Sorry, but it's now produced by Bethesda, and it was bound to change, personally I prefer it's FPS and faux turn system, but I can understand why others would prefer the old system. It's really a matter of preferance, just don't expect it to be the same as 1 and 2

It's lackluster and shouldn't be more than $10!: Think of it this way, most high quality games are $50-60, and while this is no longer the highest quality you can buy, it's worth the price you pay. Besides, if you buy it on steam, it's only 9.99 :P

It doesn't work for my system D:!: Well, not really anything to deny here, it does have alot of these problems. It mainly has trouble with windows 7, so if you don't have that you *should* be good. Sometimes it will freeze up on start, I advise restarting the game, it seems to work for me

The V.A.T.S. system is too overpowered!: Then don't use it, yep, it's really that simple. It's completely unnecessary and if you don't use it, you'll progress in the storyline just fine.

Storyline is too short!: It depends on what you consider storyline, if you just want to complete the necessary quests, then yes, but if you want to complete all the content in the game, it'll probably take a few days
  56. Jan 20, 2013
    One of the best RPG experiences you could ask for. A truly open world, tons to do, a great V.A.T.S. system, You would do yourself a deservice if you didn't pick this up
  57. Sep 21, 2012
    Definitely a title worth buying, this game will never die. If you're trying this after coming from any Elder Scrolls titles, you must play this with an open mind, and not assume anything simply because of the developer. This game was never intended to be anything similar to any of the Elder Scrolls games.
  58. Apr 29, 2013
    I can see bugs everywhere....
    But beyond this fog of crashes there is an absolute masterpiece.
    Not so hard to complete, but it's impossible to stop to play it .

If you can play it, you must love it.
  59. Nov 4, 2012
    PLAY THIS GAME. Its is simply amazing, playing the first 2 and tactics, I can tell you this lives up to and surpasses the originals. New Vegas was acceptable, but for 2008 this game is mind blowing.
  60. Oct 5, 2012
    I know this game fails to capture the spirit of Fallouts 1 & 2, but its still a whole lot of fun. I know that the main quest is pretty bad, but its still a whole lot of fun. I hate the vaults in this game. I don't enjoy picking around through the same dumb-assed assets everywhere you go. Despite all that this game is a MAGNIFICENT ACHIEVEMENT. No game is perfect, and this game has plentyI know this game fails to capture the spirit of Fallouts 1 & 2, but its still a whole lot of fun. I know that the main quest is pretty bad, but its still a whole lot of fun. I hate the vaults in this game. I don't enjoy picking around through the same dumb-assed assets everywhere you go. Despite all that this game is a MAGNIFICENT ACHIEVEMENT. No game is perfect, and this game has plenty of little details about it that irritate, more than a few. Still you can't deny the amazing feeling you get in Fallout 3, that you really are walking around in a desolate post-apocalyptic wasteland. I can't undersatand the level of love for Skyrim, in which your character's progression has been violated by horrible design changes and you have to endure a horrible UI. Nor can I understand the 'purist objections to this game, where the UI and character progression are so WELL done. Buggy Shmuggy! Fallout 3 is FANTASTIC! Expand
  61. Oct 4, 2012
    I read here people were saying Fallout 3 was Oblivion with guns. No, that's not the case. Contrary to Oblivion, EVERY place on the maps is worth visiting because you can always find something new. The leveling system is also much, much better. The main story may not be the best, but still more interesting than Oblivion's. The only thing that I find similar is that enemies get stronger wayI read here people were saying Fallout 3 was Oblivion with guns. No, that's not the case. Contrary to Oblivion, EVERY place on the maps is worth visiting because you can always find something new. The leveling system is also much, much better. The main story may not be the best, but still more interesting than Oblivion's. The only thing that I find similar is that enemies get stronger way too quickly. Fallout 3 is full of secrets and crazy things to discover, where Oblivion is dull and boring and always the same. The add-ons give the cake its topping (okay, I'll credit Oblivion having a great add-on with Shivering Isles too). This game has nearly everything I wanted Oblivion to have and continues the spirit Morrowind had way better. Expand
  62. Sep 26, 2013
    amazing game you will play through once a year to re-experience at least that's what i do!

This is a game other games aspire to be a game that captures all the right elements an engages the abundance with pure entertainment an exuberant experience. You will feel like you are in the waste land the you become attached to your protagonist through the customization of him or her seeing that he or she is silent witch is what a rpg character should be.
  63. Jul 10, 2014
    I am a huge fan of Fallout 1 and 2 and that's why I was really worried about this game. I didn't believe Bethesda has what it takes to create a game that will satisfy the fans. I found Oblivion disappointing at least, so when I first started Fallout 3 I didn't have high expectations.

The beginning is quite unusual, starting as a baby and taking your first steps, then progressing through some events of your childhood. It felt really weird, but it served as a decent tutorial. At the end of it we leave the vault. Blinding sun effect fades and we witness the postapocaliptic wasteland.

It was just how I imagined it, dirty, brutal and unforgiving, but this time from first person perspective - making it even more real. I was lost for countless hours wandering around, trying to survive, exploring, fighting... and listening to great radio podcasts. Finally I realised that I have some storyline to progress. Oh, right...

The main story was good, side quests are great, combat system is fluid and encounters are challenging. Exploring the world, wandering through wasteland is more fun than exploring of Oblivion or Skyrim will ever be. More importantly - watseland is unforgiving. It takes a really long time to feel comfortable wherever you go. You never know if a lonely abandoned town you decided to visit will be just a quiet place or a death trap full of deadly deathclaws that will rip through your power armour with ease.
    Will there be an epic item waiting there for you?
    Well, there was a really annoying talking armour that got me addicted to chems... and I loved it!

Sure, the character developement could be better, we could use some extra weapons, more quests, etc.; but at the end of the day I'm a vault dweller travelling through wasteland with his supermutant friend and listening to climatic songs on the radio.
  64. Nov 25, 2012
    I bought this game for christmas with my xbox. I still have great memories about fallout. I rreally didnt know about it, never even knew what fallout was. This was my first fallout game to play. Yes it has plenty of bugs everywhere but its a bethesda game, nothing of that size can be fully patched to not have glitches. The story was wonderful and well written. I got myself to glitch theI bought this game for christmas with my xbox. I still have great memories about fallout. I rreally didnt know about it, never even knew what fallout was. This was my first fallout game to play. Yes it has plenty of bugs everywhere but its a bethesda game, nothing of that size can be fully patched to not have glitches. The story was wonderful and well written. I got myself to glitch the game ending and It was a bummer to start it all over, since I didnt save it alot and the lastest save was on the beggining of the mission, but it was my fault anyway (1st time) I later burned the disk after accidentally pushing my xbox so I bought the GOTY, since it was released then. I did the story line and fortunately I didnt break it horribly. Then I got to the DLCs which were great in theory but not so well realised ( im talking to you Operation Anchorage ) and the worst one was Operation anchorage, God, as a idiot that I am, I still didnt learn the lesson to SAVE THE DAMN GAME. I started it all over ( 2nd time ) again since I couldnt complete the damn DLC. So after some damn butthurt of completing the story I got myself to rank up and begun with Mothership zeta to get some guns and money. Mothership zeta was repetitive. Very Very Very repetitive but I still managed to suck the fun out of it and GOT LOTS OF MONEH! Then I got with the pitt, the pitt was bad, seriously bad, but since Im such a bastard I still sucked all the fun of cheating and killing people.. Then.. Then.. Then.. THE HORROR COMETH! I had to do Operation Anchorage. Goddamit I hate that DLC. I took me a week of pain in the anus to get over it, and the best thing I got off of it was that stealth suit, which didnt even suit me. Now back to the wasteland I got back to side stuff, and believe me, I hated every single side mission in every game ever, but fallout, fallout used envy to make you do the side missions, and it did a good job at making me do them, giving me my own taste of medicine. The most horrible one, which I felt guilty to do was to destroy megaton, I loved megaton I used to trade all the alien guns I got and to save them there. But I destroyed the **** out of it because of Moira Brown, Oh god I hated her, She felt very compelled to drag me into her dirty buisness, And if you were asking I didnt have enough skill to dissarm the bomb. So I left it for later, then I met that other guy and for the sake of my sanity I destroyed it. THEN I FOUND OUT THAT MOIRA IS STILL ALIVE......... Moving on, there were not many good side quest but the open world, the mods, oh the mods, I may need some years to talk about the mods. but the frosting in the cheesecake in fallout are random events, dogmeat, and some random things that may make you go wtf.. To blend it all in one piece, Fallout is one of the games of the century. PERIOD Expand
  65. Dec 4, 2012
    Fallout 3 is one of the greatest of the games since ever,no one could doubt its value.As the time i goes out of the vault 101,a story begins and a legendary is beginning to write.I can spend hours and hours and i can breakd it out once again and again,much more, the mods,everyone knows that.
  66. Nov 30, 2012
    I bought Fallout 3 and all DLCs at full price when they were released on DVDs. Being a fan of Fallout apocalyptic universe, I remembered I almost cried with excitement when I survived the initial wasteland trip and reached the very first city (Megaton). I loved the open-ended gameplay and rich storyline and side mission. This is one out of two games that I re-purchased on Steam forI bought Fallout 3 and all DLCs at full price when they were released on DVDs. Being a fan of Fallout apocalyptic universe, I remembered I almost cried with excitement when I survived the initial wasteland trip and reached the very first city (Megaton). I loved the open-ended gameplay and rich storyline and side mission. This is one out of two games that I re-purchased on Steam for collection purpose. Expand
  67. Jun 19, 2013
    Post-apocalyptic open world FPS-RPG with an epic storyline where your actions actually influence and impact what happens in the world and how you advance the story (first town of Atom, anyone?) while also providing great and memorable characters and decent action? Sign me up!

Buggy, but beautiful. Gameplay and combat could be better, but definitely still enjoyable. NOTICE: Would've rated this a 9 were it not for the fact that this really got me hooked into playing open world RPG games, and RPG games in general actually, so this game does have added special value to me and in my eyes deserves a bump because of that.
  68. Dec 15, 2013
    I love this game. The customization is amazing, the world is huge and expansive and there isn't anywhere you can go without finding something interesting.
  69. Dec 20, 2012
    This game was one of the best games i have ever played. It's not just the game play but the idea itself.
    The storyline and the game play made me feel i was in the fallout-world myself. I do not have much enthusiasm with games but this game changed my idea about it. The graphics were not bad and the game play was pretty difficult sometimes, the DLC 's were fantastic too, although the storyline was way too short. This was an amazing RPG. Here and there there were bugs but they were no problem. Every time i play Fallout: New Vegas i think to myself why they haven't made it like Fallout 3 , because this game rocks !
  70. Dec 24, 2012
    Fantastic game when it came out and even better now, As with most Bethesda titles they are very buggy when they come out but these past 4 years have served FO3 well. A great modding community has provided FO3 with a range of high fidelity face lifts as well as tonnes of new custom animations, quests and items. Since its an older game the GOTY edition can be picked up for a low price andFantastic game when it came out and even better now, As with most Bethesda titles they are very buggy when they come out but these past 4 years have served FO3 well. A great modding community has provided FO3 with a range of high fidelity face lifts as well as tonnes of new custom animations, quests and items. Since its an older game the GOTY edition can be picked up for a low price and you get great value for money with the amount of time you can spend in it.

It is great fun to explore the post apocalyptic DC and finding all the unique and bizarre characters that live there. Lots of entertaining quests, characters and items to use with great voice acting and story. The vanilla game does have its issues with it being quite easy for experienced players and the animations messing up slightly but for those who like a challenge there are lots of mods available like FO3 Wanderers Edition which provide a gritty hardcore experience for this game.

Without the modding community this title atm would be around an 8 given whats available at a similar price but there is no excuse not to pick up a few staple mods like MMM and a HQ texture pack if you PC can handle it - all made considerably easier with Fallout Mod manager.

You will struggle to find as much entertainment and Hardcore RPG gameplay for as good a price as you can at the moment with a Modded FO3 a must buy if you haven't already picked it up.
  71. May 9, 2013
    as one of my favorite games iam shocked how poor it run's on newer systems for a game in 2008 you suspect it wil handle pc's for quie a while wel it dons't every 30mins or so it crashes this is unplayable as for bethesda doenst give a to fix this and yea i searcht for the fix and tryet to fix it)
    as a jewel its becoming a piece of as the years pas only by technical issues
  72. Jan 2, 2013
    best game ever!!!!!!!!!!! i love to see America total destroyed of soviet union!!!! hahahaha. the best game series ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  73. May 26, 2014
    Fallout 3 equals pure nostalgia for me. It was probably the second RPG game I payed, after KOTOR. I recently replayed the game and yeah, I did notice flaws,quite a bit of them,that I hadn't taken into account when I was younger. However, the game is still a wonderful, immersive open world experience. A lot of the criticism stemmed from the fact, that many game mechanics were taken fromFallout 3 equals pure nostalgia for me. It was probably the second RPG game I payed, after KOTOR. I recently replayed the game and yeah, I did notice flaws,quite a bit of them,that I hadn't taken into account when I was younger. However, the game is still a wonderful, immersive open world experience. A lot of the criticism stemmed from the fact, that many game mechanics were taken from "TES IV: Oblivion". I think that was a good decision though. Bethesda took the good elements from Oblivion and the original Fallout games and combined them to create a fantastic game. The progression system is the prime example of how well this worked out. There are many ways to develop your character and at the same time the games is free from the traditional class restrictions. I'm not saying the system is perfect, there are some perks,which are quite honestly useless, others are blatantly overpowered. At higher levels your character will become a little too powerful, having DLC installed can further amplify this effect. I remember during a playthrough with one of my stealth characters I had acquired the Chinese stealth armor and the Gauss Rifle from Operation Anchorage, at about lvl 22 (I had Broken Steal as well) I was able to one-hit-kill Super Mutant Masters and Glowing Ones using sneak attacks. This shows a recurring flaw in Bethesda's post "Morrowind" open world RPGs. The level progression is very unbalanced. At the start of the game you are quite underpowered and if you are unlucky enough to come across say, a deathclaw, then your private anal space shall be violated in a rather unpleasant way, however when you reach the higher levels you simply become too powerful as I stated above. For some reason Bethesda doesn't seem to be addressing this problem, in fact it's even more prominent in "Skyrim" then in any other previous game. Thankfully there exists a very large modding community for "Fallout 3", as well as all other Bethesda games, which is something the company should be given credit for. Not a lot of big Gaming companies support modding in such a way, unfortunately. Story was quite interesting ,though the main quest's short length did not allow for it to be developed as extensively as I would have liked. Another reviewer and clearly a hardcore fan of the Fallout series stated the game did not capture the feel of the original. While I really liked his review, as it was written very well and gave me another point of view on this game, I must disagree with him. It is true, that this was the first Fallout game I played, but It did give me a pretty good sense of what the Fallout universe was like. I like how Bethesda attempted social commentary through elements of the game's world, which was something present in the originals. It was subtle and done very well, but unfortunately I haven't seen Bethesda attempt this in any of their newer games. And although this element could not be developed very well due to the short and linear nature of the main quest and the fact that it feels so disconnected with the Side activities, the overall feel of the game was solid. "Fallout 3" succeeds in creating a haunting, post apocalyptic atmosphere, although at times the color gray is too overwhelming and one cannot help but feel that Bethesda was a little lazy in the interior design. Most importantly, though, the game was and for me still is very fun to play. No doubt, this is the game, in which i have invested the most gameplay hours. Wandering the wastes aimlessly, finding little oddities and wondering how they ended up where they are, or what exactly happened in the building. "Fallout 3" offers an incredibly immersive experience. It can also be a great stress relief if you're a sick f*** like me who likes to shred people to little peaces. Tell me my friends, has there ever been anything more satisfying than killing an oversized cockroach with a handheld nuclear weapon? To sum it all up, "Fallout 3" is an amazing game, despite it's flaws. Expand
  74. Feb 24, 2013
    Absolute best game by far that I have EVER played. It's buggy, but there's a few homebrew fixes to them, and with a few mods it's an HD trip of classic awesomeness...
  75. Dec 12, 2013
    Loved this game when it first came out. The arsenal of weapons to choose from was immense, the gore, gameplay, exploration, scare factor, and graphics were all superb. Story could have been better but the good points about the game more than make up for any shortfalls in that area.
  76. Mar 10, 2015
    First Fallout game I ever played. Loved it to death. Explored everything, went everywhere. Characters varied in depth, but overall I really got into the story. Vault dweller aspect was really cool.

The graphics were also really good for the time. Variability of skins, armor and weapons was also pretty good, so I didn't really get bored with them. Having a companion with you was a nice touch, but the AI pathing for them was a bit glitchy at times.
  77. Mar 28, 2013
    This game gives you a feeling, you will never forget.It would be scary if there would not be Galaxy News Radio or the little boy from your Pip-Boy.Lots of weapon, cool story, big map, lots of side quests, lots of options of how to resolve quests. Karma points were also very fun. If you did a quest in the right way ex: you dezactivated an atomic bomb, you get positive karma points, ThreeThis game gives you a feeling, you will never forget.It would be scary if there would not be Galaxy News Radio or the little boy from your Pip-Boy.Lots of weapon, cool story, big map, lots of side quests, lots of options of how to resolve quests. Karma points were also very fun. If you did a quest in the right way ex: you dezactivated an atomic bomb, you get positive karma points, Three Dog (the guy talking on the radio) will say good things about you, but if you do it in the bad way ex: you blow up the atomic bomb and kill lots of people for some money, you get negative karma and Three Dog will say bad things about you. Expand
  78. Mar 29, 2013
    Perfect. For me as the unexperienced "Bethesda's style" player. When you play it don't think about anything... Just explore. All. It makes you feel as a part of post-nuclear life. And don't read someone's opinion before! Or tips, or something like that. Main opinion is yours. Making your own through-style is most unforgettable thing.
  79. Apr 19, 2013
    This is Fallout 3! What has to be one of my favrite games of this modern generation in video gaming! Everything about this game is great! The storyline, side questions alike! ALL OF IT! GAMEPLAY I LOVE IT ALL. The game throws many refrenses to the classic loved fallout games before it, and does it with shine! But above all what this game excels at that many modern games of today fail at isThis is Fallout 3! What has to be one of my favrite games of this modern generation in video gaming! Everything about this game is great! The storyline, side questions alike! ALL OF IT! GAMEPLAY I LOVE IT ALL. The game throws many refrenses to the classic loved fallout games before it, and does it with shine! But above all what this game excels at that many modern games of today fail at is one simple thing. ATMOSPHERE! This game will forever be one of my favrite games that ive ever expereinced, and will experience Expand
  80. Aug 5, 2013
    Fallout 3 is and always will be one of the best RPG's of all time, it's amazing combat, cool graphics and great story all make up for an epic experience that almost no other games can topple.
  81. Aug 7, 2013
    This is downright my favorite game of all time. Granted it didnt make me feel as much as some other games did, but the storyline, quests, choices, dlc, and overall gameplay made up for it greatly. Every quest i could feel myself really get into it. I can allways remember thinking to myself what would be behind the next corner, and when i think that the building i was exploring was depletedThis is downright my favorite game of all time. Granted it didnt make me feel as much as some other games did, but the storyline, quests, choices, dlc, and overall gameplay made up for it greatly. Every quest i could feel myself really get into it. I can allways remember thinking to myself what would be behind the next corner, and when i think that the building i was exploring was depleted of "goodies" id realised i missed an entire level. The map itself could win awards. Its vastness could make you lose yourself in it for hours on end. Ive beaten this game several times allready, and have accomplished every achievment for it including the dlc's, and have put well over 500 hours of gameplay into this masterpiece. For the people who say that its horrible because of its never ending glitches; i pity you. I can recolect on countless nights stayng up to 3 or 4 in the morining laughing histarically at the mysterious glitches this game has to offer. The fighting system is also top notch. This is the only game series I know that allows you to stop time and pick your target for your shot. Dont even get me started on the weapons, i would spend countless nights trying to find special weapons and ammunition. The leveling system is also just superb. Itd take me 10 minutes to just figure out which perk id want. "Do i want this one to get more xp, or this one to make myself a better fighter". Its just magnificent. And the companions uhhhhhhhhh the companions. I remember dogmeat specifically. He was the best friend a person could have wondering through the wastes. He fought enemies for you, found you ammo, and health, and he was damn near invincible. When i lost him for the first time it brought me to tears (thank god for his puppies!!!!). There is no other game i love more than this one, and i can not wait for four!!!! Expand
  82. Aug 28, 2013
    I played the original two Fallout games back in the day on PC, and I will always love Fallout 3. One of the greatest games I’ve ever played, hands-down.

I’d say, however, that you need to understand what type of a game you’re getting into. It’s a technical RPG, very open world, and will require lots & lots of exploring. This is not a simple first-person-shooter. Anyone expecting a FPS will end up quite frustrated, as will anyone who jumps into the game without planning how to level their character.

Taking all that in mind, Fallout 3 was an immersive experience of gaming bliss I do not expect to be equaled any time soon. Possibly not ever. There was something about walking out of the vault into the unknown wasteland with nothing but a pistol, baseball bat & a few rounds of ammo in my pocket that was great fun. I also loved how, in the middle of traveling to one destination, I could easily find myself sidetracked for days at a time with random waypoint markers that led to other events & new quests.

The design of the game is beautiful, as well. One of my favorite areas is looking across at the aircraft carrier at night, because you can see holes in the walls where light is shining through from the people living there, as well as gazing at other details like the wrecked part of the front ship or the giant trenches dug all around the Mall near the Washington Monument.

Some of the environments do get a bit repetitive, but as long as you are leveling you have a reason to explore. And whatever area you’re in, whether a cave or abandoned warehouse, usually has some sort of story to go along with it that can be found by hacking into computers & reading some information. It’s not necessary but adds some depth & life to world you’re playing in.
    As I said, it makes for a very immersive experience.

The difficulty also scales satisfactorily. In the beginning, you’ll be happy to get a junky machine pistol and survive a handful of raiders. Near the end (with proper builds), you’ll be able to decimate an entire band of raiders with VATS sniper rifle headshots, watching them explode in slo-mo as you do so.

The only real disappointment I had was once I reached maxed level, but that was only because Fallout 3 makes leveling feel like quite an event, even playing a special musical theme to mark the occasion. However, it will take you a good while to hit max level and you’ll have done a great deal of exploration by then.
  83. Sep 4, 2013
    I love this game. I think it's the best game of the century. I know that there are some glitches and bugs, but it is not so important, because this game is really awesome
  84. Nov 8, 2013
    This game is one of the Top 5 RPG of all-time. With the great Mods available for it and just the massiveness and content in this game, it will provide literally 100's of hours of enjoyment.
  85. Nov 19, 2013
    #1 Game in Post-Apocalyptic Simulation. Fallout captures everything you want from a nuked-out D.C. Bethesda has put out yet another great game and this will surely stand the test of time.
  86. Dec 3, 2013
    This game is personally the greatest game I have ever played. With that being said, it is a game type and genre that goes well together for some gamers, and is seen as uninteresting and boring for others. Based on a nuclear war with China and America, survivors of the bombs funneled into these underground "Vaults" which were crazy social experiments to test human psychological andThis game is personally the greatest game I have ever played. With that being said, it is a game type and genre that goes well together for some gamers, and is seen as uninteresting and boring for others. Based on a nuclear war with China and America, survivors of the bombs funneled into these underground "Vaults" which were crazy social experiments to test human psychological and emotional well being. You play as a member of Vault 101, located in the Wasteland of form Washington D.C. and you are thrown right into the middle of something much larger than yourself. This game takes on a satirical and humorous view of the apocalypse, providing a fun perk system that makes everything more gory, or allowing roaming animals to come to your aid in a fight. On top of that, it has amazing game physics and graphics (note: that was like 5 years ago, its not like skyrim, but it is totally playable.). The overall sum of this review is this: Worth the $4-$20 you will spend to buy this. I actually believe that this is a crime against Bethesda to sell such a well developed and thought out game. Its immersive and has endless replayablity, I have logged over 700 hours and thats before you mod, which there are so many good mods for the game that add a Zombie virus or add extra companions. A MUST HAVE GAME FOR ANYONE WHO LOVES RPGS OR ANY VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL. If you don't like this game, I apologize and think you should just go back to Call of Duty, because i'm sure you think that's the best game ever. Expand
  87. Dec 27, 2013
    I will admit some bias as this was my first open-world go and do what you want game, but the moments that make you feel as though you are watching a movie instead of playing a game make this game worth it. The graphics make sense for its time, the characters you encounter are believable and you can relate with each of them, the combat is just difficult enough to make you work (while notI will admit some bias as this was my first open-world go and do what you want game, but the moments that make you feel as though you are watching a movie instead of playing a game make this game worth it. The graphics make sense for its time, the characters you encounter are believable and you can relate with each of them, the combat is just difficult enough to make you work (while not hindering you) and you want to go back to explore more even after beating the game. Expand
  88. Dec 27, 2013
    This is one of my all-time favourite games. The story is captivating and there is SO much to do in the Capital Wasteland. There are many side-quests and freeform quests, and dozens of items to collect.
    The PC version, in my opinion, as far better than the console ports, mostly because of the controls. I find this game MUCH easier to play with a mouse rather than a controller.
    Also, the
    Also, the DLC is amazing. Each one adds at least two or three hours of gameplay, or even more.

In short, if you like RPG games and/or action games, GET THIS GAME NOW.
  89. Mar 20, 2014
    Open world gameplay at it's finest. I had loads of fun just exploring the vast Capitol Wasteland rich with countless interesting set locations as well as random events/encounters. For the vast "emptiness" of the wasteland, I never felt bored once. You can even essentially choose to not play the story at all and still have loads of fun. Definitely worth buying.
  90. Aug 23, 2014
    Good game with lots of places to explore and quests to complete, it's a post-apocalyptic world where you carve your own path and choose to be good, evil or neutral.
  91. Jun 10, 2014
    Man, some will say it's fanboy-thing, but no, it's not, this game is one of the games of my life, because all is so immersive (despite a little in the graphics), and opened, just like every little thing in this game have an history, an detail, that can be founded and explored. If you like either FPS or RPG, buy this game, you'll won't regret it!
  92. Jun 21, 2014
    i am a fan of the fallout 3 to new vegas ik thats not a true fan but its really nice all i hv to say is bathesda if u make it anything like skyrim except graphics i will FREAGGIN HATE IT. skyrim was a good idea but u guys executed it wrong. correct your mistakes with fallout 4 and the new elder scrolls plz. thx if u do and screw u if u dont.

this games gets a 9.5/10 i love it to peices

this games gets a 9.5/10 i love it to peices but the low amount of ammo makes it challenging,..more challenging put it like that but without a challenge u only have skyrim so :P *srry bathesda* BUT YALL DID VERY WELL I HOPE YALL MAKE MORE AND I say this game should be bought by every1. thank your for reading i know the coding in the begining is hard but its worth it i might even make a download to make life easy for yall
  93. Oct 1, 2014
    this is my most favoritest game i ever playeded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  94. Oct 22, 2014
    THE best Bethesda game to date in my opinion. With over 200 hours in Fallout 3, the game just keeps on getting better. Counting aside some typical Bethesda bugs, this might just be the perfect game.
  95. Dec 18, 2014
    One of the greatest game's I've very played. It's just so damn fun, and there's so much to do. You wouldn't imagine how many hours I put into this game. The graphics are sexy, the Storyline is really interesting, and there's also tons of side quests and other tasks to do so as well. They did a well done job with the DLC as well, I definitely recommend downloading the DLC. The achievementsOne of the greatest game's I've very played. It's just so damn fun, and there's so much to do. You wouldn't imagine how many hours I put into this game. The graphics are sexy, the Storyline is really interesting, and there's also tons of side quests and other tasks to do so as well. They did a well done job with the DLC as well, I definitely recommend downloading the DLC. The achievements also give you something to stride for so you can awesome experience. I got about 58 out of 72 done, it may take me a while but I won't give up. The way the game functions is a lot like Skyrim, so if you're a Skyrim fan you may like this a lot. If you ever have a chance and you see this at the store, I'd pick this up an a blink of an eye! Expand
  96. Jan 4, 2015
    My all-time favorite video game. I like New Vegas, too, but I find Fallout 3 offers a better narrative.

Unfortunately, if this game didn't have modders that have made it work right/better, this game would be a buggier mess than it already is. NOTE: You need mods to play this game correctly. Some people don't like to expend the energy to do so, and I understand it's daunting, but it's so worth it. I couldn't imagine playing this game without the Wanderer's Edition mod.

No, you don't need to have played the first two titles to appreciate this one.

Though this is an FPS/3rd person adventure, do not come in expecting it to be CoD/BF with a gripping storyline. It's far deeper than that.
  97. Mar 30, 2015
    Bethesdas next gem, Fallout 3 takes place in the capital wasteland after an apocalyptic war. The player is placed inside of Vault 101, one of the few last known surviving vault in the wastes, not to mention the last sane vault. Unfortunately after years of constant stress to save the wasteland, the players father escapes the vault causing the inhabitants to go on a rampage. After aBethesdas next gem, Fallout 3 takes place in the capital wasteland after an apocalyptic war. The player is placed inside of Vault 101, one of the few last known surviving vault in the wastes, not to mention the last sane vault. Unfortunately after years of constant stress to save the wasteland, the players father escapes the vault causing the inhabitants to go on a rampage. After a dangerous escape the player is given free roam through the hazardous Capital wasteland in search for is father, and the G.E.C.K (garden Eden creation kit) Expand
  98. Oct 11, 2010
    This game is pure epic. It had nothing that I didn't like. Great story, great ACTING, great horror themes, great gunplay and combat. It was beautiful. The weapons were intriguing, the hardware support made me think that Bethesda still love us and the DLC's were brilliant. At least 60hrs of gameplay for the completer, and I went back to it loads more times just for the sake of it. Then IThis game is pure epic. It had nothing that I didn't like. Great story, great ACTING, great horror themes, great gunplay and combat. It was beautiful. The weapons were intriguing, the hardware support made me think that Bethesda still love us and the DLC's were brilliant. At least 60hrs of gameplay for the completer, and I went back to it loads more times just for the sake of it. Then I met something I didn't like. It had Games for Windows Live integration for achievements and such, so I tried it out and I hated it. I had to use a "storage device" when I wasn't logged in. Garrrg! Stupid Microsoft. Anyway, great game Bethesda! Expand
  99. gas
    Dec 1, 2011
    Im writing this a bit late tbh, as ive played this game more or less 1 year ago, but now i decided im going to have a second playthrough heavily modded so im going to add a little review here too.
    This game is not perfect, the engine is a bit disappointing compared to most of the "real" fps around, at least if not modded, as many objects have transparent parts only "painted" with alpha channels, this means if you try to shoot behind a fence you will discover the object is full solid and a bullet will never pass it, same can happen when hiding behind a rock, you fire aiming a mob and you will end hitting the rock instead... also without a mod the sniper rifle is useless for some reason it has less range then a normal rifle.
    Anyway, beside those 2 aspects and not many more the game is really really good.
    I liked a lot fallout 1 and 2 and i was a bit scared to find a title completely different going from isometric turn based strategy to a 3d fps game, anyway luckily the choices made by devs are quite good, basically there is a lot to explore, a very appealing (but short) main quest, a large number of more or less appealing side quests, some moments of fallout style humor, and a game that overall is really well made.
    What i like more is the fact this game reach to preserve the original fallout concept and feels really a step forward.
    The full DLCS are usually included in the package nowadays, all of them are quite crap compared to the game itself, anyway actually they can be considered something non mandatory you got with the game, so im not going to rate them here.
    At the end i finished the first play after around 180 hours, and i didn't even explore all the map nor i fully played the dlcs except anchorage, so it can be a huge experience, and a good one.
  100. Oct 24, 2010
    A good FPS with some RPG elements. Pro: - Immersive, huge environments: you can play Fallout 3 for months before finishing it.
    - Good graphics: I really enjoyed the "comics-style" graphics.
    - Simple but not easy: yes, you have to use few commands but you have a lot of stuff to do. - For the beginner and for the pro: I enjoyed the simplicity of my first games then I switched to the "pro"
    - Good graphics: I really enjoyed the "comics-style" graphics.
    - For the beginner and for the pro: I enjoyed the simplicity of my first games then I switched to the "pro" gaming LOL just joking but yes, the game was really hard and time-consuming.
    Cons:
    - Frustrating: and you can bet it, expecially the first games, when you learn that aiming can be used not only to eliminate your enemies but also to disarm them. - Time consuming: yes, Fallout 3 is simply a great game but you have to play it for hours - weeks - to finish it. And you have some fun DLC too so ... some more time.
    - Cartoon: it's a pro or a con, it depends.
    - Nukes: the game is about a post-nuclear war and you can use some "radio" equipment against your enemies. I know it's only fiction but someone said me he found it not good.

1. Minor niggles aside, Fallout 3 is almost entirely spectacular. Everything from the graphics, to the sound, to the plot is first-rate. The VATS system worlds like a charm, and it’s so easy to get the hang of, you’ll be cracking skulls like there’s no tomorrow. [Dec 2008, p.55]
  2. A vast and open world of unimaginable possibilities opens in front of you in Fallout 3. Great story, flawless combat system, and the option to choose your own way makes it a hot candidate for game of the year. [Nov 2008]
  3. Fallout 3 is one of this year's best games. It's an unforgettable journey that lives up to the series. You are an ex-vault 101 inhabitant, and you discover a whole new world, full of zombies, mutants, raiders, aliens and all kinds of creatures. Welcome to this post-apocaliptic reality, where you are going to spend hundreds of hours.