6.6

1. Jun 14, 2011
    I'll keep it simple. Dead Money was better story and action wise. It's made for mid-level players; especially those who favor small guns. There are no fun energy or big guns to be had here. Though molotovs are around! The game is somewhat fun and I enjoyed going through it, but it's lack luster for a primary point: It's very, very, incredibly short. YOu can enjoy it, but it should have been more.
  2. Jun 29, 2011
    Thumbs up from this Fallout3 fan. I liked the setting far more than Dead Money's morbid landscape, liked it better than New Vegas. I play at greatest difficulty and hardcore, and it's still not hard enough, but in Honest Hearts it's not easy, and I had to carefully watch my ammo and supplies, even with a few perks that let me make my own. I do wish Zion was fully realized, more depth andThumbs up from this Fallout3 fan. I liked the setting far more than Dead Money's morbid landscape, liked it better than New Vegas. I play at greatest difficulty and hardcore, and it's still not hard enough, but in Honest Hearts it's not easy, and I had to carefully watch my ammo and supplies, even with a few perks that let me make my own. I do wish Zion was fully realized, more depth and development, more interaction with the various tribes, friendships, and perhaps even a little romance. On the minus side, Honest Hearts crashes Fallout-NV more than usual (for me it's uncommon for FNV to crash, but it crashed about 5-6 times in the whole HH playthrough), companions utter their convo lines too often, and, like I stated, I really wish there was more to this world-within-a-world, more depth. Regardless, gave it a 8, and I highly recommend it. Expand
  3. Jul 13, 2011
    I picked this up on the steam sale for $3. It was about 5+ hours of game play. New map with a bunch to explore and new weapons. .45 Pistol / sub machine gun. It was fun and worth every penny. Still worth it to pick it up full price.
  4. Jul 22, 2011
    I preferred this DLC to Dead Money but Honest Hearts felt a bit 'lite' to me, and a bit easy but my main gripe is that the whole thing basically consists of fetch-quests that felt like chores. Still, the Tribals and environment did remind me at times of Fallout 2 which can only be a good thing.
  5. May 23, 2011
    This expansion is so much better than Dead Money in every way.
    I love the settings of this DLC, it takes place in Utah, at a place called Zion.
    This expansion also features rain, something i have never seen before in a Fallout game, if my memory is not failing.
    Also, it is a little bit longer than Dead Money, that if you decide to explore everything and complete every Quest and Side quests.
  6. Nov 18, 2011
    It is a real shame this DLC wasn't longer and more developed. The storyline needed substantially more development and the environment/map wasn't used to its full extent. However, in comparison to the preceding DLC of Dead Money, it is significantly better (probably due to the longer development time). In spite of that, it still didn't quite live up to its full potential. A veryIt is a real shame this DLC wasn't longer and more developed. The storyline needed substantially more development and the environment/map wasn't used to its full extent. However, in comparison to the preceding DLC of Dead Money, it is significantly better (probably due to the longer development time). In spite of that, it still didn't quite live up to its full potential. A very disappointing DLC despite being very good for the short duration of gameplay. Expand
  7. Jan 27, 2012
    'Zion may not be lost to us after all.'

When I heard this quote, there was something completely bad-ass about it that made me look forward to this DLC. And I did enjoy it. Very much. But I can recognise the flaws here too. Joshua Graham. The Malpais Legate. The Burned Man. The man who defied Caesar's death order. Whatever you want to call him, this is the guy, perhaps Ulysses apart,
    'Zion may not be lost to us after all.'

Joshua Graham. The Malpais Legate. The Burned Man. The man who defied Caesar's death order. Whatever you want to call him, this is the guy, perhaps Ulysses apart, that we all wanted to know. Was he really still alive? Well we all figured he would be, that's just how storytelling works. Does he live up to expectations? Probably not.

But why am I talking about one man and not the rest of the DLC? Well, that's how hyped this guy was in online communities. But then we find him, embroiled in a petty war between three tribes, remember, this is the guy who ruthlessly killed many people, He's still an intruiging character, but when you meet a character for the first time, that you've only heard of in references, they're never quite as good as in you head are they? Just sat in a cave? Hm. At least, from a story point he holds an interesting bent. The idea of flushing out the evil people and creating a 'good' society from scratch. Zion.

Ah Zion. My favourite locale in the whole of New Vegas. If you had to identify New Vegas, and indeed the whole of the Fallout series in general by a colour, it'd be grey. Grey grey grey grey grey. A splash of plant green here and there, and some grey-red if you're playing Dead Money. Zion remains almost untouched from the great wars. Plants grow everywhere, the water is beautiful, the canyons steep and gorgeous. It wills you into following Graham's idea that this could be paradise,

Unfortunately the story, while at a good pace, isn't that gripping. The choice? Kill the bad guys and stay in Zion, or run away. Duh, kill the baddies of course. Wow, that was a tough choice, might need a lie down now. The quests are pretty poor mostly too. Go and find 5 lunchboxes? Oh yeah, totally man. The only thing that forgives this is walking through the lushness.

Honest Hearts is a welcome break in a new direction for New Vegas. Joshua Graham is a good character, but no way did this Graham kill many many people in the Legion. The best looking DLC and a new refreshing slant in New Vegas.
  8. Nov 1, 2012
    Apart from story written in 6 computers and 1 corpse, this grey piece of averageness barely deserves a 5, you hardly remember it after a couple days, but that little gem of a story elevates it so much, that i want to thank a person (-s) who wrote it. I never thought that finding a two century old corpse would be in my list of top five moments in gaming ever. I stood for at least coupleApart from story written in 6 computers and 1 corpse, this grey piece of averageness barely deserves a 5, you hardly remember it after a couple days, but that little gem of a story elevates it so much, that i want to thank a person (-s) who wrote it. I never thought that finding a two century old corpse would be in my list of top five moments in gaming ever. I stood for at least couple minutes looking at it lost in the moment after that last journal. That was great and i thank you for it. Expand

1. Jun 28, 2011
    The majority of the DLC is utterly devoid of surprises, treats or interesting characters and places, and you'll soon start getting bored.
  2. Jun 25, 2011
    The story and decisions are bigger attractions than the limited-appeal loot and artificially toughened enemies.
  3. Jun 24, 2011
    A fresh perspective on what Fallout: New Vegas may be – very relaxing and calm game. [July 2011, p.117]