7.8

1. Jul 20, 2011
    Finally! A New Vegas DLC that was worth the wait. Better than Dead Money, and MUCH better than Honest Hearts, Old World Blues gets the exploration/combat/story mix exactly right. Sci-fi campy without going over into stupid, it's actually made me laugh a few times, and think, "Thats really twisted.." at others.
    The characters you meet are... unique, to say the least, but interesting and
    The characters you meet are... unique, to say the least, but interesting and funny, too. The voiceovers are very well done and fit each NPC nicely. Some of the architectural design is a refreshing change from the standard "vault interior" we've all come to know so well, and is a pleasure to explore.
    Highly recomended. You're nuts if you don't pick this up! (IMHO)
  2. Jul 22, 2011
    Campy, intelligent and very humourous dialogues. Long, but even if you are itching for action you`ll listen to every bit. And action? There`s plenty of it. And all in "science fiction comedy horror" flavour that this DLC sells so well. Compared to Honest Hearts, you won`t find yourself bored as often. Compared to Dead Money you won`t be replaying some parts as often. And overall, this DLCCampy, intelligent and very humourous dialogues. Long, but even if you are itching for action you`ll listen to every bit. And action? There`s plenty of it. And all in "science fiction comedy horror" flavour that this DLC sells so well. Compared to Honest Hearts, you won`t find yourself bored as often. Compared to Dead Money you won`t be replaying some parts as often. And overall, this DLC can easily measure up to some of Fallout 3 DLCs that we enjoyed in soo much (Point Lookout, The Pitt)...
    More return fo your invested time (and money), definitely.

"Merril4Life" - It`s sad when DLCs have to salvage the game taht could have been so much more. DA2 is NOT epic, awesome and intricate. Look towards DA:O for that. Not to mention that this page has absolutely nothing to do with Dragon age 2...
  3. Aug 2, 2011
    I thought the voice work was uneven and character interaction is uneven. I didn't get much of a story about the place like you do in the other DLCs and the main game. I'm mixed about the exteriors and the interiors are few and are more of the same. Not very much interns of good loot, so bring lots of armor and hard hitting guns. You are more often than not mobbed by large groups ofI thought the voice work was uneven and character interaction is uneven. I didn't get much of a story about the place like you do in the other DLCs and the main game. I'm mixed about the exteriors and the interiors are few and are more of the same. Not very much interns of good loot, so bring lots of armor and hard hitting guns. You are more often than not mobbed by large groups of tough enemies. The DLC really pushes you toward unarmed, melee and energy weapon skills which are of dubious use in the rest of the game, IMHO. Expand
  4. Jul 22, 2011
    Worst DLC ever.
    Boring and repetitive quests, stupid robots everywhere, never ending nonsensical crap talk all the time about stuff i don't give a damn about.
    Also i want to add that the settings are quite terrible in this occasion. The soporific and idiotic sense of humor ruins everything. Not sure what were they thinking, but this is seriously boring as hell. I'm starting to give up
    Worst DLC ever.

Not sure what were they thinking, but this is seriously boring as hell. I'm starting to give up hope about ever seeing an epic DLC as it was Point Lookout, The Pitt and Broken Steel on FO3.

My verdict: Don't even bother with this, it's absolute garbage content, not even worth a goddamn cent. Go buy some bubble gums or Antidepressant. This reminds me of FFXIII, it was so damn boring that i couldn't beat it no matter how hard i tried.

My Rating: 1/10
    Legendary failure DLC of the year.
  5. Jul 22, 2011
    The best F:NV DLC yet! Funny, interesting and involving, the bulk of the DLC is a very cleverly disguised and massive fetch-quest but what a disguise! Well worth buying, if only for the NPC interactions. Muggy, the Toaster and the Light Switches had me in stitches.
  6. Aug 1, 2011
    The storyline, characters and events are all outrageously hilarious. There is some excessive dialogue at the beginning and end of the DLC that, once passed, led to a very enjoyable experience. I thought this DLC was more interesting than Point Lookout and more importantly, you ended up with items that weren't worthless outside of Big MT. An icing on the cake is the superb housing youThe storyline, characters and events are all outrageously hilarious. There is some excessive dialogue at the beginning and end of the DLC that, once passed, led to a very enjoyable experience. I thought this DLC was more interesting than Point Lookout and more importantly, you ended up with items that weren't worthless outside of Big MT. An icing on the cake is the superb housing you get for completing OWB that is accessible nearly anytime you're outside in the Mojave. My only major complaint about OWB was the gearing of weaponry towards Melee/ Energy Weapon users. Regular gun ammo and explosive devices proved to be quite rare, so you had to pick up melee or energy weapon skill to defeat hordes of robot scorpions. Expand
  7. Nov 20, 2011
    not worth the money. the npcs are outrageously annoying, the story is built for the mind of a 5th grader and nothing you get in this dlc will supplement your playing the actual game. it is a complete ripoff of portals characters and comedy style except with unbearably sub-par voice acting. some lines are literally stolen straight from portal and portal 2! if you care about the story andnot worth the money. the npcs are outrageously annoying, the story is built for the mind of a 5th grader and nothing you get in this dlc will supplement your playing the actual game. it is a complete ripoff of portals characters and comedy style except with unbearably sub-par voice acting. some lines are literally stolen straight from portal and portal 2! if you care about the story and environments you'd do better with the lonesome road dlc, a much more useful one imho Expand
  8. Jul 22, 2011
    A mixed bag of some sort - while it´s fun most of the time, I have noticed some general and balancing issues. I like the game to be challenging, but groups of 4-6 fast nightstalkers for example leave you no chance apart from getting to higher ground or barricading yourself in a room with a door. From there you get to watch the AI wildly glitch and twitch around because theyA mixed bag of some sort - while it´s fun most of the time, I have noticed some general and balancing issues. I like the game to be challenging, but groups of 4-6 fast nightstalkers for example leave you no chance apart from getting to higher ground or barricading yourself in a room with a door. From there you get to watch the AI wildly glitch and twitch around because they can´t reach you... That´s not the only flaw - sometimes it seems the enemies are spawning in totally inappropriate places, blocking your progress with a group that will take many reloads until you´re ever going to be lucky enough to beat them. That´s slightly frustrating... Being overrun by a mob of about 5 fast nightstalkers (strong melee opponent), 3-5 Lobotomites or Trauma Harnesses (strong ranged & melee) and a robot (scorpion) or two occurred several times and often enough leaves you no chance but to run away. Being that this occurs with very well equipped level 40+ characters, I can´t help myself but consider this bad balancing. Also, enemies from "Wild Wasteland"-encounters and others will spontaneously spawn out of thin air right in front of you. How can there be such cheap flaws?
    Otherwise, the setting and story are rather engaging - apart from the annoying and rather uninteresting "Doctors", the enemy design, the background info and story about occurrences in the Mojave are fun and motivating. Sometimes it is even fun to be surprised in battle by another foe that joins the fight. Thanks to the shortcomings however, I ended up quitting the game several times simply because I didn´t feel it was fair or designed with the right amount of care...
  9. Jul 27, 2011
    Some of the first DLC for any game that I was actually very glad to have bought. It's a delicious and campy romp, adding enough new content to well and truly justify the purchase price. If you didn't really enjoy Fallout NV, then guess what.... you're not going to like this either, but for anyone who has any remaining stamina for the game it is loads of fun. Lots of new toys to play withSome of the first DLC for any game that I was actually very glad to have bought. It's a delicious and campy romp, adding enough new content to well and truly justify the purchase price. If you didn't really enjoy Fallout NV, then guess what.... you're not going to like this either, but for anyone who has any remaining stamina for the game it is loads of fun. Lots of new toys to play with as well as some very amusing and memorable characters. Oozing (sometimes literally) with charm. What are you waiting for.... grab it now.... FOR SCIENCE!! Expand
  10. Oct 2, 2011
    While the dlc is much better then that of the previos 2. It still feels empty for its missleading name, the big empty, i was expecting much more in this place as from what i heard in the past fallout games but it leaves me very dissapointed. But the added new weapons is a great improvement from the last 2 dlc, the armor doesnt seem to matter at all besides the looks and the story is veryWhile the dlc is much better then that of the previos 2. It still feels empty for its missleading name, the big empty, i was expecting much more in this place as from what i heard in the past fallout games but it leaves me very dissapointed. But the added new weapons is a great improvement from the last 2 dlc, the armor doesnt seem to matter at all besides the looks and the story is very fun and smart taht kept me in the game as did the exploring. Expand
  11. Jul 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Finally a DLC that really adds something to the new Fallout games. Be warned though that this is far more Fallout 2 in flavour than any of the other DLC in either FO3 or NV. Its 50's pulp sci-fi through and through and highly entertaining to boot. A DLC that adds a decent amount of content and add something unique to the world. I clocked 16 hours on this DLC and I didnt explore everything. There are still a few minor bugs but nothing here thats going to ruin the experience in any way.

If you're a fan of Fallout 2 this is a no brainer. Simply put this is the single best DLC released thus far, and a real credit to the writing talents of Obsidian. Its funny as hell in that dark Fallout way.

Buy it. Play it. Love it. 9 out of 10
  12. Sep 6, 2011
    With funny and suprisingly deep characters, a nice collection of new things, and brand new eccentric and exotic places to explore, I can say with an honest heart that buying Old World Blues will not be dead money.
  13. Jul 29, 2011
    Definitely best NV DLC. Fallout remembered it's true nature and stopped trying to be too serious too often and made a dlc based on insane brains in tanks. World is full of challenging enemies, and the premise of romping around a secret tech base inside of a mountain is great. New weapons are funny, useful and cool.
    Now the negatives, the enemies are SUPER perceptive. I had sneak of 100,
    Now the negatives, the enemies are SUPER perceptive. I had sneak of 100, wearing a stealth suit. I have ninja perk, and i still could not sneak up on people, ever. for sneak crits, i HAD to use a medium range weapon at least, unless I got real lucky. melee crits (the most fun and satisfying) were impossible. Perhaps this was a glitch, since if they detect you, they will never go back to being safe mode, only "caution".
    Other negative, most of the locations are too shallow, go into a base, and its literally a single room with a couple robots and some ammo. I was expecting LOTS of computers with cools stories, background, and other cool stuff. Half done experiments maybe, experimental robots/bio-creatures. they didn't deliver. Though the rare story it did fill in was interesting. When i finished it i still had the "thats it?" feeling. Too few side quests and linear story.
    Still a great DLC, but I feel it could have been much better with added depth.
  14. Sep 17, 2012
    I expected Old World Blues to be the best DLC for Fallout: New Vegas. And when I started playing it I realized that this one is the worst DLC for New Vegas. At least when it comes to story and voice acting. It is so ridiculous and annoying that I was even confused about it. Every time I heard the voice of Dr. Mobius I had a strong desire to punch...lets just say it irritated me a LOT.I expected Old World Blues to be the best DLC for Fallout: New Vegas. And when I started playing it I realized that this one is the worst DLC for New Vegas. At least when it comes to story and voice acting. It is so ridiculous and annoying that I was even confused about it. Every time I heard the voice of Dr. Mobius I had a strong desire to punch...lets just say it irritated me a LOT. Writing is not funny and is dull, this "mad scientist" crap is not fresh nor it is clever (it actually never was). Quests are mediocre too, just grab and bring like a dog. Things I really liked were new bad arse perks, cool weapons and fancy-looking lobotomite enemies. Um, that's all. I have never been so glad to return to Mohave Wasteland before. Honest Hearts is way better. An if you ask me, main game is better than all DLC's together. Expand
  15. Oct 2, 2011
    Great DLC , funny, edgy, dark and challenging and if you scavenge around enough you can find something left behind by Ulysses. I found it very fun to try and find all of the SINKS back-up software, which is not easy or quick, you can spend hours an hours in this DLC , another nice addition.....you can go back afterward woohoo.
  16. Apr 30, 2013
    Tons of dialogue, and honestly i didn't find it that funny. It's a decent DLC, with a decent length, map, and story. It's an open area like the core game that you get to explore and interact with, though it has a futuristic feel and you'll be coming across a lot of new and powerful laser weapons.
  17. Dec 21, 2012
    Yes the characters are interesting and yes the dialogue is at times humorous, but aside from that, this DLC is just as disappointing as Dead Money and Honest Hearts. I was genuinely excited about playing this one what with the critics giving so much praise, but really it's just boring and repetitive side quests that I completed just for the sake of finishing the DLC. The new items areYes the characters are interesting and yes the dialogue is at times humorous, but aside from that, this DLC is just as disappointing as Dead Money and Honest Hearts. I was genuinely excited about playing this one what with the critics giving so much praise, but really it's just boring and repetitive side quests that I completed just for the sake of finishing the DLC. The new items are underwhelming and when you cut out the side quests (which are pretty much all the same thing), what you're left with is a main story that takes you less than 2 hours to complete. I admit the DLC is quite lengthy if you intend to finish everything (more than 8 hours), but a lot of the content is just plain mediocre and I much prefer to have something of higher quality that would only last half the time this DLC did. Expand
  18. Aug 21, 2011
    Excellent DLC. I laughed out loud several times as it was the dialogue and voice acting that made the game great. A very refreshing change after Honest Hearts. I LOVE that the professor from The Venture Bros. is a voice actor, plays a similar character, and references The Venture Bros. Very good game. Didn't really feel like DLC at all, but more a natural continuation of the game.
  19. Apr 19, 2012
    One of the best expansions I've ever played. I liked it more than any of the other Fallout 3 and New Vegas content, including the entire base games. It manages to be quirky, creepy, and hilarious all at the same time and has great dialogue and voice acting. The final boss is also very well done... it's set up the way you would have wanted Deus Ex: HR's bosses to be, which is to say thereOne of the best expansions I've ever played. I liked it more than any of the other Fallout 3 and New Vegas content, including the entire base games. It manages to be quirky, creepy, and hilarious all at the same time and has great dialogue and voice acting. The final boss is also very well done... it's set up the way you would have wanted Deus Ex: HR's bosses to be, which is to say there are more ways than brute force to win. If you pass on this you are missing out on the best Fallout content this generation. Expand
  20. Mar 13, 2014
    I don't think I'll ever give DLC a 9 or 10 but this is very close to a 9. Easily the best DLC I have played and so superior to Dead Money that it makes you wonder how on earth the same people were responsible for both. Fantastic writing, great humour, tough and varied enemies and some satisfying new weapons. You won't finish it all in 1 hour either. The only DLC that I've played more thanI don't think I'll ever give DLC a 9 or 10 but this is very close to a 9. Easily the best DLC I have played and so superior to Dead Money that it makes you wonder how on earth the same people were responsible for both. Fantastic writing, great humour, tough and varied enemies and some satisfying new weapons. You won't finish it all in 1 hour either. The only DLC that I've played more than twice and in a few respects better than the game that spawned it. In fact, this should be adapted to a full scale game. Extremely good value. Expand
  21. Mar 3, 2012
    One of the best dlc's on the market, right up there with red dead redemption's undead nightmare and episodes from liberty city and shivering isles. This is the best dlc for the entire fallout franchise. Bar none. With some of the most quirky characters, it is absolutely huge - with worthwhile content. Lot's to do. Interesting quests (for the most part). It expands on the game in all theOne of the best dlc's on the market, right up there with red dead redemption's undead nightmare and episodes from liberty city and shivering isles. This is the best dlc for the entire fallout franchise. Bar none. With some of the most quirky characters, it is absolutely huge - with worthwhile content. Lot's to do. Interesting quests (for the most part). It expands on the game in all the right ways. The humor is more hit than miss - and a lot of the game carries back into vanilla new vegas. Totally and utterly recommended. I would even say essential to the new vegas package. Expand
  22. Aug 19, 2011
    If you don't run around shouting "WITH SCIENCE!" during every mundane activity after playing this DLC, then you have a heart of stone.

Name your firstborn son Mobius.
  23. Aug 2, 2011
    This DLC was fun, long and totally make it worth buying, the penning of the script is funny and crude and totally kept within the nineteen sixties style of fun, lets hope the divide is this good.
  24. Dec 20, 2013
    This, in my opinion, is the only DLC for New Vegas worth purchasing. The characters and level design are interesting, the story is well put together, the weapons and armor are nice and fun to use. I enjoyed this DLC very much and it never gets old with different playthroughs.
  25. Jul 29, 2013
    The best DLC of in all of Fallout thus far, Old World Blues is humorous, well-written and presents a brand new large area to explore, with fun and interesting sidequests and lore that compliment the main game in the Mojave well. It feels much more like a natural expansion to the game than the other DLCs, and barring a few technical hiccups and bugs that remain sadly consistent with eachThe best DLC of in all of Fallout thus far, Old World Blues is humorous, well-written and presents a brand new large area to explore, with fun and interesting sidequests and lore that compliment the main game in the Mojave well. It feels much more like a natural expansion to the game than the other DLCs, and barring a few technical hiccups and bugs that remain sadly consistent with each new offering of New Vegas, it's a fantastic addition to a great game. Expand
  26. Oct 3, 2011
    I was given this game last christmas and having played the first game i was doubtfull. However since getting it I've played it more times than I can remember and intend going back to it yet again in the near future. The ONLY problem with it is that you can loose hours without knowing it while playing!
  27. Oct 19, 2011
    Easily the best DLC for a modern Fallout game, with hilarious characters and dialogue, a crazy (and quite clever) main plot, and a good length without dragging at any point. The various locations in the Big Empty are all interesting to explore and stuffed with fun new weapons and armour. I'd go so far as to so it's the most fun I've ever had with any of the Fallout games.
  28. Dec 26, 2011
    beautiful....simply magnificent, it combines technology with insanity, or instability. 10/10 good job Bethesda, you made a DLC both fun, difficult, slightly irritating and addicting, if you buy this DLC you will not be disappointed it was amazing to play, the zone looks small...but it is chock full of amazing places to explore, for example, finding the legendary bloatfly(the hardest ofbeautiful....simply magnificent, it combines technology with insanity, or instability. 10/10 good job Bethesda, you made a DLC both fun, difficult, slightly irritating and addicting, if you buy this DLC you will not be disappointed it was amazing to play, the zone looks small...but it is chock full of amazing places to explore, for example, finding the legendary bloatfly(the hardest of all legendary's) unique weapons, a barking machine gun, and all the energy weapons you can handle, be warned , bring lots of caps, because you will need to repair your stuff often, bring armor piercing bullets, or max charged cells, there are also fun new melee and unarmed weapons...but seriously, armor piercing....max charge, lots of caps be warned now. if you only buy one DLC...get this one, it is well worth it. Expand
  29. Jan 29, 2012

Wacky, weird and wonderful. If you came looking for a serious time, it's not here.,?p>

Amnesiac wise cracking robots, a drug addled and comical villan, the guys at Bethesda have gone all out here. Robots longing for penises (penii?) and masturbation? You couldn't put in the the vanilla game, but it's here.

Unlike Lonesome Road, Dead Money, and even Honest Hearts a little,

Unlike Lonesome Road, Dead Money, and even Honest Hearts a little, Old World Blues is completely free-roam, which is what we love about Fallout really. You do get sequential quests, but you also have a decent amount of control over which you do first. There are no human characters, but the robots are great. Really good. Any negatives? Well it is somewhat hard in places, groups of nightstalkers are never fun and you can expect to die several times from them. I don't remember them being this hard in the Mojave. But then, I say it's hard, others say it's challenging. Better than being too easy I guess. And I suppose the locale, which is fine, is a little uninspired

Old World Blues is like a 'stand-alone' DLC. It's got almost nothing to do with the rest of the game, You'll complete it and it will have zero effect on the Mojave. But it's a great break in pace.

30. Apr 3, 2012
    Probably the most open-ended and diverse DLC for New Vegas. Plenty of humor and dialogue, though the first half-hour of the Think Tank arguing amongst themselves gets tiresome, especially the excess of phallic jokes. Toaster is a riot. Blind Diode Jefferson is my personal favorite AI, though I can't really explain why. Players will find that Big MT is the cradle of the Mojave's CazadorsProbably the most open-ended and diverse DLC for New Vegas. Plenty of humor and dialogue, though the first half-hour of the Think Tank arguing amongst themselves gets tiresome, especially the excess of phallic jokes. Toaster is a riot. Blind Diode Jefferson is my personal favorite AI, though I can't really explain why. Players will find that Big MT is the cradle of the Mojave's Cazadors and Nightstalkers, as well as the holograms of the Sierra Madre (Dead Money), and Rex's Cyberdog brethren. There are plenty of new killing toys to play with too. Old World Blues could almost stand as a game on its own. Recommended. Expand
  31. Aug 8, 2013
    Am I the only one who thinks old world blues is not the best DLC in FNV?

Surely, scifi-campy the appliances, the stealth suit and such are quite funny, but there are a few points that I have gripe with OWB. 1) The main quest is very short. 3 tech to Mobius, then back to base. It lacks the multiple solutions aspect of FNV; only there is two not-so-big choices about whether to kill
    Am I the only one who thinks old world blues is not the best DLC in FNV?

1) The main quest is very short. 3 tech to Mobius, then back to base. It lacks the multiple solutions aspect of FNV; only there is two not-so-big choices about whether to kill something or not. Both the main game and Dead Money have more options in the questline.

2) While the appliances are funny, getting all the upgrades are boring fetch quests. Worse, that the ending almost guilt trips the player to do those side quests, saying that I was 'rushing things', explicitly.

3) The rewards don't feel fitting. Three mega powerful perks for a neither long, nor very rewarding, nor difficult main quest? That is a bit too much. At least for Elijah's LAER and the CoS sniper rifle you need to look for them, but that is also pretty much about it. Look for them. Not someone like Kangaxx or Firekraag guarding them.

It's still not bad, the characters (appliances, the 6 robots) and the ending slide are quite well done. But I don't think it deserves such a high score.
  32. Jul 9, 2014
    Easily the best DLC for New vegas (which really isn't saying that much).

Pros: The plot was pretty solid and had right amount of "wackiness" to it. The length (< 10 hours) was also quite nice, considering you have to interrupt the main plot when playing this. You also get some ok bonuses on completion. Cons: Some balancing issues what comes to difficulty level. I found the enemies to
    Easily the best DLC for New vegas (which really isn't saying that much).

Cons: Some balancing issues what comes to difficulty level. I found the enemies to be too though. Basically you normal weapons do minimal damage against them and you have to use the special weapons provided by the DLC. These work only marginally better. You're also constantly low on ammo and aids, which isn't all that fun. This whole thing felt a bit artificial and forced. There are also some repetition in some quests that were boring and felt like a cheap way to add more length to the game.
  33. Aug 3, 2014
    By far the best DLC for the New Vegas. Original, funny, old-school retro sci-fi. Fallout takes you an an entirely different adventure with this DLC. As a part of The Ultimate Edition, most people will likely go through all the DLC, but If anyone's got only the main New Vegas game and is thinking whether it's worth it to buy some of the additional DLC's, Old World Blues is the only one IBy far the best DLC for the New Vegas. Original, funny, old-school retro sci-fi. Fallout takes you an an entirely different adventure with this DLC. As a part of The Ultimate Edition, most people will likely go through all the DLC, but If anyone's got only the main New Vegas game and is thinking whether it's worth it to buy some of the additional DLC's, Old World Blues is the only one I would get and had a feeling it was worth the money, maybe Dead Money. 8/10 Expand
  34. Dec 7, 2014
    Amusing and entertaining at times, but dialogue can get stupidly annoying, with mediocre, rather boring quests, having to do all the test quests numerous times with it varying by not much with the next lot just having nightstalkers instead of robo dogs and have to repeat it all over again nearly made me quit.

With an annoying stealth suit I don't really need as my sneak is already at

With an annoying stealth suit I don't really need as my sneak is already at 100. that kept giving me med x and made me addicted to it. So dumped the suit as I don't want to be force fed Med x. And to be forced into melee energy weapons when I dislike both.

I must be one of the few that thought this was the worst DLC.

1. Sep 16, 2011
    The extra content, funny characters and entertaining story introduced through Old World Blues, makes the great Fallout: New Vegas even better. There is much to explore, and who wouldn't want to meet up with one's own brain for a bit of a chat?
  2. Sep 8, 2011
    Packs goofy characters, great loot, and a few bugs into an interesting new zone for the Fallout series. [Oct 2011, p.86]
  3. Aug 29, 2011