7.7

1. Apr 30, 2013
    Tons of dialogue, and honestly i didn't find it that funny. It's a decent DLC, with a decent length, map, and story. It's an open area like the core game that you get to explore and interact with, though it has a futuristic feel and you'll be coming across a lot of new and powerful laser weapons.
  2. Jul 9, 2014
    Easily the best DLC for New vegas (which really isn't saying that much).

Pros: The plot was pretty solid and had right amount of "wackiness" to it. The length (< 10 hours) was also quite nice, considering you have to interrupt the main plot when playing this. You also get some ok bonuses on completion. Cons: Some balancing issues what comes to difficulty level. I found the enemies to
    Easily the best DLC for New vegas (which really isn't saying that much).

Cons: Some balancing issues what comes to difficulty level. I found the enemies to be too though. Basically you normal weapons do minimal damage against them and you have to use the special weapons provided by the DLC. These work only marginally better. You're also constantly low on ammo and aids, which isn't all that fun. This whole thing felt a bit artificial and forced. There are also some repetition in some quests that were boring and felt like a cheap way to add more length to the game.
  3. Jul 22, 2011
    A mixed bag of some sort - while it´s fun most of the time, I have noticed some general and balancing issues. I like the game to be challenging, but groups of 4-6 fast nightstalkers for example leave you no chance apart from getting to higher ground or barricading yourself in a room with a door. From there you get to watch the AI wildly glitch and twitch around because theyA mixed bag of some sort - while it´s fun most of the time, I have noticed some general and balancing issues. I like the game to be challenging, but groups of 4-6 fast nightstalkers for example leave you no chance apart from getting to higher ground or barricading yourself in a room with a door. From there you get to watch the AI wildly glitch and twitch around because they can´t reach you... That´s not the only flaw - sometimes it seems the enemies are spawning in totally inappropriate places, blocking your progress with a group that will take many reloads until you´re ever going to be lucky enough to beat them. That´s slightly frustrating... Being overrun by a mob of about 5 fast nightstalkers (strong melee opponent), 3-5 Lobotomites or Trauma Harnesses (strong ranged & melee) and a robot (scorpion) or two occurred several times and often enough leaves you no chance but to run away. Being that this occurs with very well equipped level 40+ characters, I can´t help myself but consider this bad balancing. Also, enemies from "Wild Wasteland"-encounters and others will spontaneously spawn out of thin air right in front of you. How can there be such cheap flaws?
    Otherwise, the setting and story are rather engaging - apart from the annoying and rather uninteresting "Doctors", the enemy design, the background info and story about occurrences in the Mojave are fun and motivating. Sometimes it is even fun to be surprised in battle by another foe that joins the fight. Thanks to the shortcomings however, I ended up quitting the game several times simply because I didn´t feel it was fair or designed with the right amount of care...
  4. Aug 2, 2011
    I thought the voice work was uneven and character interaction is uneven. I didn't get much of a story about the place like you do in the other DLCs and the main game. I'm mixed about the exteriors and the interiors are few and are more of the same. Not very much interns of good loot, so bring lots of armor and hard hitting guns. You are more often than not mobbed by large groups ofI thought the voice work was uneven and character interaction is uneven. I didn't get much of a story about the place like you do in the other DLCs and the main game. I'm mixed about the exteriors and the interiors are few and are more of the same. Not very much interns of good loot, so bring lots of armor and hard hitting guns. You are more often than not mobbed by large groups of tough enemies. The DLC really pushes you toward unarmed, melee and energy weapon skills which are of dubious use in the rest of the game, IMHO. Expand
  5. Oct 2, 2011
    While the dlc is much better then that of the previos 2. It still feels empty for its missleading name, the big empty, i was expecting much more in this place as from what i heard in the past fallout games but it leaves me very dissapointed. But the added new weapons is a great improvement from the last 2 dlc, the armor doesnt seem to matter at all besides the looks and the story is veryWhile the dlc is much better then that of the previos 2. It still feels empty for its missleading name, the big empty, i was expecting much more in this place as from what i heard in the past fallout games but it leaves me very dissapointed. But the added new weapons is a great improvement from the last 2 dlc, the armor doesnt seem to matter at all besides the looks and the story is very fun and smart taht kept me in the game as did the exploring. Expand
  6. Sep 17, 2012
    I expected Old World Blues to be the best DLC for Fallout: New Vegas. And when I started playing it I realized that this one is the worst DLC for New Vegas. At least when it comes to story and voice acting. It is so ridiculous and annoying that I was even confused about it. Every time I heard the voice of Dr. Mobius I had a strong desire to punch...lets just say it irritated me a LOT.I expected Old World Blues to be the best DLC for Fallout: New Vegas. And when I started playing it I realized that this one is the worst DLC for New Vegas. At least when it comes to story and voice acting. It is so ridiculous and annoying that I was even confused about it. Every time I heard the voice of Dr. Mobius I had a strong desire to punch...lets just say it irritated me a LOT. Writing is not funny and is dull, this "mad scientist" crap is not fresh nor it is clever (it actually never was). Quests are mediocre too, just grab and bring like a dog. Things I really liked were new bad arse perks, cool weapons and fancy-looking lobotomite enemies. Um, that's all. I have never been so glad to return to Mohave Wasteland before. Honest Hearts is way better. An if you ask me, main game is better than all DLC's together. Expand
  7. Aug 8, 2013
    Am I the only one who thinks old world blues is not the best DLC in FNV?

Surely, scifi-campy the appliances, the stealth suit and such are quite funny, but there are a few points that I have gripe with OWB. 1) The main quest is very short. 3 tech to Mobius, then back to base. It lacks the multiple solutions aspect of FNV; only there is two not-so-big choices about whether to kill
    Am I the only one who thinks old world blues is not the best DLC in FNV?

1) The main quest is very short. 3 tech to Mobius, then back to base. It lacks the multiple solutions aspect of FNV; only there is two not-so-big choices about whether to kill something or not. Both the main game and Dead Money have more options in the questline.

2) While the appliances are funny, getting all the upgrades are boring fetch quests. Worse, that the ending almost guilt trips the player to do those side quests, saying that I was 'rushing things', explicitly.

3) The rewards don't feel fitting. Three mega powerful perks for a neither long, nor very rewarding, nor difficult main quest? That is a bit too much. At least for Elijah's LAER and the CoS sniper rifle you need to look for them, but that is also pretty much about it. Look for them. Not someone like Kangaxx or Firekraag guarding them.

It's still not bad, the characters (appliances, the 6 robots) and the ending slide are quite well done. But I don't think it deserves such a high score.

1. Sep 16, 2011
    The extra content, funny characters and entertaining story introduced through Old World Blues, makes the great Fallout: New Vegas even better. There is much to explore, and who wouldn't want to meet up with one's own brain for a bit of a chat?
  2. Sep 8, 2011
    Packs goofy characters, great loot, and a few bugs into an interesting new zone for the Fallout series. [Oct 2011, p.86]
  3. Aug 29, 2011