2.9

1. Dec 19, 2014
    Un gioco fatto veramente bene,con tanto di campagna divertente con una storia ben fatta e con tanto di personaggi,l'unico problema è che il mio personaggi o preferito,Joyce Kinney,lo vediamo solamente come cameo nella intro del gioco,mi aspetto di vedere però in azione Joyce Kinney nel gioco Family Guy: The Quest For Stuff,che io amo alla follia.
  2. Ndi
    Nov 29, 2014
    I really liked the game, but I am forced to admit most people are right. It's surprisingly good for shovelware, but not good enough to merit attention. Unless you are a die hard fan, no.

* Graphics: I had no issues with it, though I'm driving an absolute beast. I'm in the water cooled territory, they all work well. However, I can immediately tell it's a console port, because of the bad textures and lack of definition. No textures were redone for PC. Also, the geometry is VERY poor, to the point where the black cartoony outline pops in and out. FFS, Brian's eyes are octogons. You could have put some work there, even the cutscenes are poor. If you played the Simpsons game, or the Futurama game, you know what to expect.

* Controls: POOR. No rebinding of critical controls. I use arrow keyes and mouse, and they bound use/reload/hack to "R" and don't allow rebinding. Also, Mouse2 is aim and there is no rebinding. Several controls are "fixed" and that is a bad, bad, bad idea. Controls are obviously copied from a WASD setup, wit little understanding of ergonomics. Seriously poor. Unless you can play with weird controls, run.

* Story: Story is good, I liked it, it's an extended multiverse episode of the game, but cooler.

* Sound: Sound is horrific. They wanted to use original voice, but couldn't afford the actors, so sound samples were taken from the shows, meaning that they are at vastly different quality, some are studio recorded (cutscenes) while others, like in-game quips and voices are lifted from different episodes. It is immediately obvious when you start a new game, and the cutscene and the show opening logo have VAST differences. Also, because they were taken from shows, they are quite thinly related to what is going on.

Basically, this is a very, very generic console game, generically ported to PC, with poor controls. It does quite the fan service, with quotes from the show and cut-and-paste scenes reenacted in the game, some of which are funny. Beyond that, however, it's horrible.

I recommend you watch a playthrough. You get all the dialogue and references, but you don't have to deal with the controls or the performance people have been complaining about (no issues here). If this was a game without a show behind it, it would never have left the trashcan, but because it is a FG game, I guess it's worth a look if you are a fan.

Also, warning: It may get difficult at times. It looks casual, but difficulty spikes severely at random and there are bosses and situations you won't pass without a Google search.

It's funny, though. It's funny, self-deprecating, runs well, and it has sufficient variety between the levels to be interesting and fresh. Gunplay is OK, nothing fancy, but it works. Hey, the sniper is more fun than Bioshock Infinite, and the silenced pistol Brian has is fun as well. This lifts it to about a 4.

Steam wants $40 for it. More like $4. If it ever goes on sale, why not. Though frankly, watching it on Youtube is a better experience.
  3. Sep 19, 2014
    It's a great and chilled game. It's very simple and aiming for the secondary targets can get a little bit boring but nobody forces you to search them and you only unlock costumes for the characters. The Dialogs are funny, the maps are nicely designed, the graphics are good for a cartoon game but don't really matter, the performance is good and the weapons are fun. I can't understand thatIt's a great and chilled game. It's very simple and aiming for the secondary targets can get a little bit boring but nobody forces you to search them and you only unlock costumes for the characters. The Dialogs are funny, the maps are nicely designed, the graphics are good for a cartoon game but don't really matter, the performance is good and the weapons are fun. I can't understand that this game has so many bad rewies and most people talk bull***t or don't even mention any reasons why it's bad, that's not criticising, this is just hating. The only bad thing about the game is that it's overpriced. But it's really good for rainy days where you just want to ley in bed and play some fun games. Expand
  4. Mar 29, 2014
    well its very short and gameplay is not really the games strong point only good thing is the humor from the family guy show, only buy if it's on sale or you are a hopeless fan of the show!
  5. Dec 17, 2013
    One of the worst games I ever played. The voice acting is good off course but everything else is a disgrace. Gameplay mechanics are terrible, technical performance is bad and the constant chaos and getting stuck everywhere in this game makes this a horrible game.
  6. Jul 28, 2013
    Can't believe I actually bought this crap. This game is a pure joke. The fact that it exists is a startling realization of the worst man can do. Terrible, god awful game. Do not buy.
  7. E71
    Feb 16, 2013
    This isn't a review but a WARNING to those who don't use the new-school WASD system:

Control customization in this game is a complete b***h...

Doesn't let you re-bind MOUSE1/MOUSE2 or even the Reload function... Ten minutes into the game, I'm putting it back down and returning it for a refund.
  8. MFZ
    Nov 26, 2012
    OK, I'm gonna address some things the other reviewers mentioned. The graphics are based on a cartoon ( like you didn't know that ?? ) and they are done well. Consider that they had to adapt a 2D cartoon to a 3D world. I used a 360 controller, so I had no problems controlling the game. No sluggishness, wild camera swings, etc. like one of the reviewers mentioned. I played it on a tripleOK, I'm gonna address some things the other reviewers mentioned. The graphics are based on a cartoon ( like you didn't know that ?? ) and they are done well. Consider that they had to adapt a 2D cartoon to a 3D world. I used a 360 controller, so I had no problems controlling the game. No sluggishness, wild camera swings, etc. like one of the reviewers mentioned. I played it on a triple core AMD with a Radeon 7770. I had absolutely zero performance issues at 1920x1080 with all graphics settings maxed.

The game can be dull at times, but it's a shooter. I just don't know what some people are expecting from a game like this.
  9. ECU
    Nov 25, 2012
    Other than the voice acting this game is a disgrace. With its 90s era graphics and gameplay mechanics it's really hard to play the game even if you're a fan. But the technical issues(mostly performance) make it impossible to enjoy this game. It's yet an another shameless attempt to get even richer by Activision.
  10. Nov 23, 2012
    I usually don't take the time to write reviews but this game is so bad that I was inspired to warn other people about it. I have only played the game for a few minutes but I don't think I want to subject myself to much more than that.I guess my biggest complaint is that the game is very slow to respond (move the mouse and the reaction on screen happens like a quarter second later). MyI usually don't take the time to write reviews but this game is so bad that I was inspired to warn other people about it. I have only played the game for a few minutes but I don't think I want to subject myself to much more than that.I guess my biggest complaint is that the game is very slow to respond (move the mouse and the reaction on screen happens like a quarter second later). My system is kind of middle of the road (was the very top of the line 2 years ago) but I just upgraded my video card to a high end model about 6 months ago and the and I have 8 GB of memory in this computer so my guess is that I am not the only one who will have this problem. The slow responsiveness combined with the third person camera results in a lot of wild camera swings as you try to zero in on your target. As far as the rest of it goes, the dialog and story feel pretty cheesy and the graphics look a little off sometimes (flat, wrong proportions, perspective doesn't look quite right). The first thing you have to do feels like busywork (you have to get Mort to help you but he requires you to use your gun to pop 10 ballons around his party before he will help). Expand
  11. Nov 21, 2012
    The game is exactly what the show does great in telling. A JOKE! The fact that this game even exists is just absolutely ludicrous and probably the most money sucking thing fox has ever had the joy of releasing. Don't blame the show or Seth Macfarlane, but its a terrible game, hands down!
  12. Nov 21, 2012

1. Jan 18, 2013
    Quotation forthcoming.
  2. Jan 6, 2013
    Gameplay mechanics are very basic but the most important thing is that they are solid and don't get in the way of enjoying Family Guy's distinctive humour – and the game is full of it. [1/2013, p.47]
  3. Dec 25, 2012
    Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse hates you. It's poorly made, nasty, expensive and exploitative. I hate it right back.