8.2

1. Dec 27, 2012
    Pros: stunning visuals, great story and characters, beautiful open world to explore, very satysfying combat.
    Cons: repetitive side missions, crashed a few times.

In short: one of the best games of 2012.
  2. Jan 6, 2013
    Fantastic game, I loved and and still am playing through it's content but i am sufficiently through it to say thats it's been one of the best games this year, Only losing out to the walking dead for game of the year!
  3. Dec 25, 2012
    I am an avid player of FPS games, but not of single player games. I haven't really sat down and enjoyed a FPS game since Half-Life, and I didn't think it would be too much different with Far Cry 3, especially after not being impressed with Far Cry 2 on the 360.

I was wrong, though. I loved this game. The story was actually really good and the graphics are awesome. The AI are fantastic, and it's completely possible to beat this game with a bow and arrow. Pick it up, it's worth it for 50 dollars, and completely worth it at anything less than that.
  4. Jul 4, 2013
    This is the best a shooter can get really at least in single player. Everything about this game is so good and not only that, but it really is better than the sum of its parts. The graphics are by far the best in a shooter. Most of the time draw distance and floor detail are pathetic but not in this game. The best grass, water, lighting, draw distance and general realism as well as niceThis is the best a shooter can get really at least in single player. Everything about this game is so good and not only that, but it really is better than the sum of its parts. The graphics are by far the best in a shooter. Most of the time draw distance and floor detail are pathetic but not in this game. The best grass, water, lighting, draw distance and general realism as well as nice visual effects and a great environment make this a breath-taking experience just on that alone. On top of that, the game manages to combine the beautiful islands of Far Cry 1 and its ground-breaking graphical advancements with heart-pounding, suspenseful, stealthy/Rambo gameplay combination with Far Cry 2's open world nature and massive map, AND it adds some really nice RPG elements which do not retract from the core gameplay. As a Far Cry game, this is probably the one that defines the franchise. I've always hated RPGs with a burning passion, but Far Cry 3 manages to implement RPG features so seamlessly that it adds to the experience without making it feel slow or cumbersome. The game does a fantastic job of making everything simple and intuitive without the need for a massive tutorial or guide, since everything is introduced as and when needed. Right from the beginning, this game is immersive, realistic but also very respectful of the player for instance, you won't be forced to travel manually to a safehouse or redo an entire mission if you died checkpoint management is perfect, and so is saving the game. Difficulties are perfect too staying true to Far Cry tradition of the Hard setting favouring stealth over aggression. As you'd expect from an open-world game, there are side quests scattered throughout, but thankfully these aren't RPG like at all. They usually involve some shooting or driving given a certain weapon/vehicle and time limit, with thresholds for rewards. In terms of the main story, the progression is yet again perfect. You can pretty much do everything from the start and explore at your own leisure, upgrade your skills and inventory, or go straight from one mission to the next. The fact that pretty much everything being available without having to grind through unnecessary tasks or even finish the story makes this one of few games which a shooter fan can enjoy without having to deal with the cumbersome RPG side of things. As for the story itself, it's something which you want to follow in the same way as the original Far Cry. It plays like a stereotypical Hollywood action movie, but a really good one which for the entire length of the movie it has your undivided attention. The controls, game mechanics, progression, graphics, free-roam, sound and overall game design are truly at the peak of what's possible. The multiplayer is not as spectacular, but it's far more simple and enjoyable than say, Crysis 2 or Call of Duty. The most astonishing achievement is how it manages to implement standard features such as perks and customisable weapons, yet no matter whether you're top rank or just starting, the default classes are not limiting. It's purely gun-on-gun gameplay but the ability to revive teammates is also nice. It plays like a third-person shooter, where everything is simple and there aren't any overpowered killstreaks or sentry guns or stun grenades etc. My only criticism of the multiplayer is that it's quite slow and the weapons seem to be very precisely defined in purpose. For example, it's near impossible to use a sniper at close range, and near impossible to use an SMG at long range etc. so you're almost forced to play in a certain way depending on your weapon of choice. It's not a bad thing, but certainly takes some getting used to if you prefer games which accommodate for more creative and diverse playstyles. The ranks, progression, unlocks and all the standard stuff are present but not overcomplicated or bloated like in Black Ops 2. Everything is balanced and satisfying to use. The multiplayer is decent but nothing special, but is enjoyable and addicting Overall however, this game is all about the single-player experience, and multiplayer is a nice side-feature. The campaign is a lot faster than Far Cry 2 so the suspense isn't sustained for as long, but it isn't a pure shooter like Far Cry 1. It's a nice balance between the two, and I would recommend this game to anyone who likes first-person shooters and open world games. Expand
  5. Nov 12, 2013
    Wonderful. A real, detailed open world where hunting humans is (partially) the name of the game. Superbly immersive and repairs the errors made by far cry 2.
  6. Mar 29, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an extremely immersive open-world shooter with good graphics, great audio, and tons of content. It also features one of the most incredible villains gaming has ever seen. The shooting is top notch, and there are tons of guns to choose from, as well as combat styles (sniping, stealth, heavy weapons, etc.). Just about the only complaint I have is that it's very disappointing toFar Cry 3 is an extremely immersive open-world shooter with good graphics, great audio, and tons of content. It also features one of the most incredible villains gaming has ever seen. The shooting is top notch, and there are tons of guns to choose from, as well as combat styles (sniping, stealth, heavy weapons, etc.). Just about the only complaint I have is that it's very disappointing to explore a large cave, and find nothing but a chest with vendor trash inside and maybe a bit of cash. Also, the perks make the game too easy, but you can always choose not to take them.

It's a miracle that games of this scope are still being made today in an age of incredibly short, rehashed games. Absolute must for fans of sandbox games and shooters.
  7. Mar 3, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played. Tons of things to do, amazing graphics and the bad guy is super nuts. Driving, some crafting (nothing too crazy) and lots of cool weapons.
  8. Mar 6, 2013
    What happens when you combine the games Uncharted, Call of Duty and Fallout? You get Far Cry III. This game is loads of fun. Good shooter mechanics in an open world game with platforming dungeons and puzzles.
  9. Jan 7, 2013
    For me, this is the GOTY. I have played Far Cry 1 and 2, and i'm really glad to see they combined the best out of those 2, and put it together.
    First of all, the world is amazing! it really gives you this skyrim feeling. i'm not saying it's better than skyrim of course ;)
    you get alot of weapens, bow, rocket launcher, assault rifles, flame thrower etc. you can swim, drive, fly. it's
    you can swim, drive, fly. it's amazing :)
    really love it, you will nog regret it!
  10. Sep 21, 2013
    I've only played the campaign, which took about 20 hours, and there is still a ton for me to do on the map... so this review is primarily based on the campaign. If you can judge the quality of a game by the lack of work and sleep one achieves while playing it, than this is great, possibly a 10, but I don't hand out 10's easily. I often found myself in 3hour gaming sessions (not normalI've only played the campaign, which took about 20 hours, and there is still a ton for me to do on the map... so this review is primarily based on the campaign. If you can judge the quality of a game by the lack of work and sleep one achieves while playing it, than this is great, possibly a 10, but I don't hand out 10's easily. I often found myself in 3hour gaming sessions (not normal for me) and up at 3am. It's quite the ride. Some say it's dark, but I found it flat-out hilarious. Whatever that says about me. Highly recommended; while I waited for this to come on sale before purchasing (wasn't sure if I'd like it), I will certainly purchase FC4 immediately when it comes out, it's worth the full price.
    My only con for not being a 10 is some of the gameplay buttons are a little unresponsive, ie. "Hold Q to heal" sometimes I'm holding Q while this is up and nothing happens, sometimes I tap Q and it heals, sometimes it's a bandage, sometimes it's a syringe, sometimes it does nothing still (yes, my keyboard works fine); can't figure it out and I usually NEED it then, it's more like MASH Q TO HEAL AND HOPE at that point.
  11. Feb 21, 2013
    This is so much better than the last game. Beautiful world, nice combat mechanics, fine story. Definitely the best game of 2012. Thanks Ubisoft, Thanks!
  12. Jan 27, 2013
    This game is definitely one of the best games of 2012, there are almost too many positives to list. It looks great, it has smooth controls, the story is awesome, and the gameplay is very fun. Really the only thing I can think of that isn't absolutely great about this game is the main character. This may not really bother some people, but it feels like, which I guess it what they were goingThis game is definitely one of the best games of 2012, there are almost too many positives to list. It looks great, it has smooth controls, the story is awesome, and the gameplay is very fun. Really the only thing I can think of that isn't absolutely great about this game is the main character. This may not really bother some people, but it feels like, which I guess it what they were going got, your playing as a snobby, attention craving, overly-dramatic and spoiled rich kid. Still, the rest of the game makes that very easy to overlook. Expand
  13. Jan 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. For some reason, this has really drawn a lot of ire. The experience isn't perfect, but it's pretty damned good. People are saying the characters have no depth? Did people completely miss the intro to the game? Did people miss that Vaas was in the game? I haven't seen a performance in a game like that in a long time. Vaas' entire performance right down to the little psychotic manerisms is downright terrifying. My biggest gripe about the story is that he's not around for the whole thing. The other characters are well done, but Vaas steals the show. To think that Michael Mando almost didn't get the part...

I have not tried the multiplayer and have completed about 75% of the single player content. Overall it's a solid experience. The development of Jason's character from a California boy, whimpering and trembling when he sees his brother take a life, then turned to a hardened jungle warrior is really good. Rather than being thrown into hostile territory and becoming a badass merc instantly, you transform into it. The graphics, guns, shooting, driving, sounds are all top notch.

No, it's not perfect. The pretty graphics will take a beast of a machine to maintain playable FPS. I run a 2500k @ 4.5ghz with Crossfire 6950 GPUs. It runs well for me, but there are glitches and hiccups. Sometimes the enemy AI will pull stupid moves, like tossing a molotov at a tiger that's in melee range and burning themselves to death (those guys ARE tanked though, so maybe it makes sense...). Before you get the reduced fall damage perk, trips down steep slopes will hurt you more than they probably should. Getting swarmed by a bunch of guys in melee range usually results in inescapable death. That's frustrating, but at least it's realistic. IRL if you're surrounded 4:1 and get knocked to the ground, you probably aren't walking away. The enemy is suspiciously accurate with their grenade tosses. Some of the side activities are hammy. Some of Jason's dialog is way overdone.

Ultimately those are minor complaints. Overall, the experience is much improved from Far Cry 2. No more endless, unavoidable patrols on the roads. Or checkpoints that seem to respawn within seconds. Again, things aren't perfect. The first aid animations are well done but greatly reduced in variety from Far Cry 2. I almost wish they had kept the same number of animations and possibly added the new ones instead of using the syringe healing again. You can't sleep. This was good in Far Cry 2 so you could approach objectives under cover of night. Not so here.

The unlocks, side missions, and treasure items offer plenty for completionist players, while also showing you some cool out-of-the-way areas on the island that you might otherwise miss. The Trials of the Rakyat have some decent variety of scenarios and you can compete for the high score against other players. The little bits of humor are great. There's nothing like sneaking up on a pirate who says to himself "Oh this **** heat...someone just shoot me!" and taking his wig off with a silenced pistol.

From what I've seen of the multiplayer, it's good, not great. It basically looks like any other multiplayer FPS out there.

Overall, this is a great game with a lot to offer. A single playthrough was worth the price, and it will definitely get played again. I hope if another Far Cry is made, it meets and exceeds the bar set here.
  14. Dec 23, 2012
    One of the best games I've played to date. Incredible and immersive plot, brilliantly fun gameplay and plenty of side-quests and bonus content with plenty of humour on the side. Any game that contains Flight Of The Valkyries and Damien Marley sequences and still goes on to top them deserves special credit for that alone.
  15. Mar 3, 2013
    Awesome game, Love the story, graphics, Atmosphere, Open World which has quests like mmorpg, skill tree system, customizing weapons, general smoothness of gameplay its ecellent, ty very much Ubisoft Montreal. PS: Musics too i listen to it every now and than and it never bores.
  16. Dec 24, 2012
    This game is simply amazing and quite possibly one of the first games in a long time to not disappoint. The graphics are stunning, the audio is amazing, and the story is captivating. It took me about 4 1/2 days to beat it and I am thoroughly satisfied. There were some minor quirks that I didn't like about the game, normally the set and times scenes that seemed a little ridiculous, but onceThis game is simply amazing and quite possibly one of the first games in a long time to not disappoint. The graphics are stunning, the audio is amazing, and the story is captivating. It took me about 4 1/2 days to beat it and I am thoroughly satisfied. There were some minor quirks that I didn't like about the game, normally the set and times scenes that seemed a little ridiculous, but once they were over I was not left feeling annoyed, but accomplished, so I assume that's what they were going for. I would recommend this game to anybody, which is more than I can say about all of the other worthless junk out right now. Expand
  17. Mar 14, 2013
    This game is by far one of the best games I have ever played. Never before have I've gotten so much adrenaline playing a game, the story is an amazing thriller and interesting (it does get a bit weird though).
    Do by all means buy this game!
  18. Dec 20, 2012
    Great game give me almost everythingI want in a sandbox adventure. The history are very well written, the scenariosare beautiful and dinamics, chase animals are great, the gunfight its solid, only the stealth are not perfect, but ok. The games could be better, of course, but for me, in 2012, is the best FPS over the year
  19. JEK
    Mar 20, 2013
    one of the best fps I've played. The game was smooth and an open world with lots of animals. Sub missions are repeatable and also the enemies has the same face. But overall this is a good game. Nice graphics and Nice View of the environment. Hopefully they release far cry 4 as soon as possible,
  20. Mar 7, 2013
    If you do not like this game, you just are not a game fan, or (very likely from the PC elitists crowd) your just automatically hate AAA releases. You're one of those "indie" guys. First off anyone that says the graphics stink are just insane, they are incredible besides a couple of questionable terrain textures in spots. You will need a GTX 680+ to max out this game at 1080p with 8x MSAA.If you do not like this game, you just are not a game fan, or (very likely from the PC elitists crowd) your just automatically hate AAA releases. You're one of those "indie" guys. First off anyone that says the graphics stink are just insane, they are incredible besides a couple of questionable terrain textures in spots. You will need a GTX 680+ to max out this game at 1080p with 8x MSAA. The combat is really where this game shines, it is more varied and exciting than any single player FPS in recent memory. Maybe even since (blasphemy) Half-Life 2! Take em all out silently with the chained takedown, or roast them with the flamethrower, or set up a mine and throw a rock so they walk over it. Snipe from afar, impale them with arrows, use a predator (tiger) to help you out! The story is as cheesy as it gets I'll admit, but not the worst as games go. The main bad guy is at least interesting. It's an open world shooter, reminding me more of fallout, but unlike fallout the gunplay is very smooth without the assistance of something like VATS. The story and side quests suck compared to fallout, but the action and exploring the island/taking outposts is so fun I don't think you'll be doing anything, but playing this game a couple of hours into it. Unless your a PC snobbington, which appear to be more and more prevalent these days. Expand
  21. Dec 31, 2012
    Far Cry 3 is without a doubt the best single player game of the year. While the story of Jason Brody is a bit convoluted and unbelievable, this can be ignored as the story is merely a catalyst to discover the incredible environment of Rook islands, to interact with the fantastically presented characters and to enjoy the ludicrously good gunplay.
    People have said this is Skyrim with guns
    People have said this is Skyrim with guns but instead of putting you in a massive open world and simply leaving you to your own devices, Far Cry 3 gives a great amount of encouragement for you to explore, hunt and gather the materials you will need to get better weapons and equipment. It also does this without boycotting you or making feel as if you have no choice in what you do which links to the main ethos of Far Cry; You play Far Cry how you want to play Far Cry. You can go in stealthily and take over outposts undetected or you can go all guns blazing and have to deal with reinforcements, you can just go straight to the story missions and do optional objectives later or you could gradually go through all the outposts and watchtowers on your way to the next story mission.
    All the characters are stellar. With the exception of Jason Brody and his friends, which may come as a surprise to you Jason being the main character with his friends being his objectives but they are all rich, dumb, stoned kids who are not that likable but in their defense they aren't nauseating either, however it is definitely interesting to see how Jason changes from the brash, dumb, self-loving kid he was into a warrior spurred on by his love for killing and thirst for revenge. All of the protagonists set backs however are redeemed in the performances of the three main antagonists: Buck, Vaas and Hoyt, all having distinct , insane personalities that produces some of the most unforgettable performances in video game history. Vaas in particular is one of the best villains ever let alone just video games thanks to the awe inspiring acting of Michael Mando.
    I haven't really delved into multiplayer that much but it is decent addition to the game if feeling slightly forced and there is co-op mode in the style of left-4-dead that is a lot of fun but there are some issues with the competitive racing elements online which brought me out of the experience.
    In short conclusion Far Cry 3 has one of the best single player open world experiences in existance supported by a decent multiplayer suite and fun if slightly flawed co-op campaign that is as fun but not as open as the single player campaign. I haven't had the chance to experiment with the powerful map editor yet because of some frame rate drawbacks but from what has been said on the internet it is one of the best creation tools out there so if you can check that out.
    Despite how it may have changed to some die hard far cry fans, Far Cry 3 is an incredible and unique experience that cannot be missed.
  22. Mar 1, 2013
    I'd probably give Far Cry a 8.5 if I could but I'll generously round up to 9. The first couple hours are a lot of fun as you explore the island and it's secrets. Gameplay is decent (played with Xbox controller). Upgrading weapons and skills is a lot of fun. The environment is very nice and adventurous. The main problem of the game is it's, at times, ridiculous story line. Especially theI'd probably give Far Cry a 8.5 if I could but I'll generously round up to 9. The first couple hours are a lot of fun as you explore the island and it's secrets. Gameplay is decent (played with Xbox controller). Upgrading weapons and skills is a lot of fun. The environment is very nice and adventurous. The main problem of the game is it's, at times, ridiculous story line. Especially the boss fights are a bit disappointing. Overall,it's a great game with a bad story. If you love just exploring, sniping, and doing some crazy fun stuff with a bow or other fun weapons go right ahead., and don't pay too much attention to the story, instead tell your own. Expand
  23. Jan 27, 2013
    Great game, the stealth, the combat, the environment, everything.
    I haven't been that addicted to a game for AGEES. I'm tired of those boring ultra-repetitive games like Portal 2(who IMO deserves a 5 instead of 9.8)
  24. Jan 30, 2013
    In one word: awesomeness. It looks gorgeous, its fun, its kabooom blow up everything mixed with the most enjoyable stealth assassination mechanic I have ever met in a game,especially in an FPS. Its "Just Cause" mixed with "Assassin's Creed". Ok maybe that went far, but I must tell you I haven't enjoyed a game so much in the last two years then this one (except for Dark Souls, but thatsIn one word: awesomeness. It looks gorgeous, its fun, its kabooom blow up everything mixed with the most enjoyable stealth assassination mechanic I have ever met in a game,especially in an FPS. Its "Just Cause" mixed with "Assassin's Creed". Ok maybe that went far, but I must tell you I haven't enjoyed a game so much in the last two years then this one (except for Dark Souls, but thats another matter). Addictive, funny, and we love Vaas, dont we?:D I very much hope the franchise will follow this line, as after Far Cry 1 (which is one of my most favourite game) Far Cry 2 was a boring let down. But you must have this game! Expand
  25. Dec 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Positives:
    - Open worldish with a strong story line (trying not to inject reality here but I will say that the older brother Grant should be the Main Character and Jason should have died) that is, of course, told in a linear fashion
    - Decent gun play and a large variety of weapons, tactics, etc.
    - Good stealth mechanics
    - Decent graphics
    - Great voice acting (Vaas will go down as one of the all-time great villains in video games)
    - Doable platforming that is not horribly frustrating but is still a challenge
    - Well written
    - Great soundtrack and very immersive use of sound throughout the game

Negatives - - The AI will sometimes just go plain stupid on you
    - A few glitches in terrain and other areas that cause you to restart a checkpoint
    - Occasional rendering bugs, for example, there are times when you look like you have a headshot but are really hitting the rock in front of you

All in all this an almost great game and well worth the price.
  26. Mar 21, 2013
    I picked this game up from the store played it and as soon as i was in, i couldn't stop! The story is amazing, the gameplay is fantastic, the stealth system is the best, and the music is very well done too as i find myself listening to its soundtracks alot. And even after playing and finishing the game twice i still play it. No matter what you cannot miss out on this game!!
  27. Jun 4, 2013
    Just finished the game. Wow. Amazing. I played with ziggy's mod, and that added immersion really helped. To me, all games have two things- immersion and gameplay. Gameplay makes up combat, level system, and repetition. Immersion makes up graphics, sound, actions, and storyline. Gameplay- 10/10. Immersion 9.5/10. The boss battles and plot could've been better, but don;t skip out on thisJust finished the game. Wow. Amazing. I played with ziggy's mod, and that added immersion really helped. To me, all games have two things- immersion and gameplay. Gameplay makes up combat, level system, and repetition. Immersion makes up graphics, sound, actions, and storyline. Gameplay- 10/10. Immersion 9.5/10. The boss battles and plot could've been better, but don;t skip out on this game for pc! Expand
  28. Mar 7, 2013
    I loved Far cry 2 and this game improves everything about Far cry 3. New patch out and i would recommand the mod where all your skills are unlocked so you can have more time with some of the cool takedowns and keeps the guns LOCKED until you pay for them. The game will feel more like a survival game. That's my only problem it needs more on the survival part, but as of right now. The bestI loved Far cry 2 and this game improves everything about Far cry 3. New patch out and i would recommand the mod where all your skills are unlocked so you can have more time with some of the cool takedowns and keeps the guns LOCKED until you pay for them. The game will feel more like a survival game. That's my only problem it needs more on the survival part, but as of right now. The best Open world FPS out there. Second island is locked till you do the story so it's not that open world! Expand
  29. Dec 18, 2012
    I will agree with some in saying that this game does need some patching. That is not to say that this is a bad game by any means. I have dropped almost 70 hours in this game and I have only had it a little more than a week. I wanted to love Farcry 2, but there were too many things that nit-picked me enough to really coming off hating that game. The re spawning enemies at checkpoints, theI will agree with some in saying that this game does need some patching. That is not to say that this is a bad game by any means. I have dropped almost 70 hours in this game and I have only had it a little more than a week. I wanted to love Farcry 2, but there were too many things that nit-picked me enough to really coming off hating that game. The re spawning enemies at checkpoints, the malaria dynamic, the weapon degradation, and lack of a good fast travel and map system to name a few. They did fix those issues in FC 3. The shooting feels solid, although I will agree with some that, initially at least, the protagonist is just too good of a shot. This game feels like the game Farcry 2 should have been. The story is great, voice acting is great. The story missions are interesting and varied enough to keep you playing. The boss fights all boil down to quick time events but the narrative surrounding them in interesting enough for it not really to be a negative. My biggest complaint is the UI. Very consolish which is very common with ports. The game often has you double clicking through menus to do things, which makes it especially annoying when crafting items, it can get very cumbersome after awhile and is not very intuitive. You will not spend a ton of time with the menus so while annoying it is minor in the grand scheme of things. There were also several points when you see enemies spawn into the environment. The HUD feels very cluttered, Ubisoft already acknowledged they are working on a patch for that. I did experience some animation glitches here and there, but nothing game breaking. There are a few bugs to nit-pick but nothing game breaking and that cannot be fixed with a patch or two.

Nvidia released Beta drivers 310.70 which added a much needed SLI profile, my performance damn near doubled so if you are running SLI this update is a must. Graphically the game is impressive, very bright and vibrant, which offers up a great contrast to the violence going on around you. Waterfalls do not look quite right, Skyrim did a better job in that regard. Not much else to say everything works as intended and looks great. The game features two different endings which are worth playing through to get both. Aside from that there are A LOT of collectibles to get and a lot of things to explore. There is just a lot of content outside of multi-player which is a rarity in this genre. I did get my money's worth out of this title. This time around Ubisoft remembered that in an open world game, we want to do more than just murder tons of dudes, which was also a big drawback from FC 2. FC 3 is one of the best shooters I have played all year and is definitely worth your time and money. I would like to do a more in depth analysis, but that would mean spoilers so I will leave it here.
  30. Feb 19, 2013
    simply put Amazing. from the running mechanics to the handbrake sound of cars, from the way weapons feel to the satisfaction of seeing your enemies fall from your bullets. There is no point in talking about what I like about FC3, so I'll just stick to the easy way, criticising. The driving was awesome, though I can't help feeling that they will pull it off perfectly in FC4, vehiclesimply put Amazing. from the running mechanics to the handbrake sound of cars, from the way weapons feel to the satisfaction of seeing your enemies fall from your bullets. There is no point in talking about what I like about FC3, so I'll just stick to the easy way, criticising. The driving was awesome, though I can't help feeling that they will pull it off perfectly in FC4, vehicle physics need some refinement (add more weight, add more traction properties). The stealth aspect of the game was BATCRAP awesome, but lacked a body dragging option (that takedown skill does not count. come on..). Maybe the story was a bit annoying at times, 4e.x. citra, wtf is her problem, did she rape me? anyway, awesome game, waiting for fc4! Expand
  31. Feb 12, 2013
    This game is an absolute blast! One of the only games of 2012 not to disappoint me. The overall experience is just phenomenal. I thought I would hate the gathering and crafting system, but it's awesome! I love the side quest and the whole structure of the game. The game is damn near a perfect fps single player experience. You should be able to get a good solid 30+ hours of game play.
  32. Jan 10, 2013
    BUY THIS GAME NOW. This game is absolutely amazing, I usually go in-depth and try give people a clear picture of a game when I review it but all I can say is this: This is basically Skyrim set on a tropical island in the present day real world with guns, amazing graphics, fascinating characters, a brilliant story and SUPER FUN side-missions, not to mention the great driving mechanics andBUY THIS GAME NOW. This game is absolutely amazing, I usually go in-depth and try give people a clear picture of a game when I review it but all I can say is this: This is basically Skyrim set on a tropical island in the present day real world with guns, amazing graphics, fascinating characters, a brilliant story and SUPER FUN side-missions, not to mention the great driving mechanics and freakin' sharks. If you're a videogamer you have to experience Far Cry 3 Expand
  33. Dec 27, 2012
    Far Cry 3 is absolutely amazing, the only thing preventing me from giving it a 10 was the ending and the boss encounters. Visually the game is very impressive and I loved the jungle setting. The gameplay was great and there is so much to do, by the time I had completed the story and all the extras I spent 30+ hours playing it. It's the best FPS I have played in years and I would recommendFar Cry 3 is absolutely amazing, the only thing preventing me from giving it a 10 was the ending and the boss encounters. Visually the game is very impressive and I loved the jungle setting. The gameplay was great and there is so much to do, by the time I had completed the story and all the extras I spent 30+ hours playing it. It's the best FPS I have played in years and I would recommend it to anybody. Expand
  34. Dec 29, 2012
    This site, as the internet as a whole, became a place for trolls. No one, NO ONE would honestly gives this game less than 7, unless you have no love for shooters... And in this case you shouldn't bother playing it, isn't it? Oh, but I forgot! Of course you didn't even play it. And that's the real deal, isn't it?
    About the game: it's much better than FC2. The lack of context always stoped
    About the game: it's much better than FC2. The lack of context always stoped me from playing it for more than a couple of hours, Here you have a story and interesting characters. The graphics are excelent and the sound keeps you imersed.
    Weak point: boss battles. WTF these developers think? I really HATE quick time events and some minor issues. I would give it an 8, but it happens that the multiplayer is in fact great, and that's totally unexpected, at least for me.
  35. Dec 24, 2012
    A thrilling adventure from start to end, Far Cry 3 is as deep as the holes you'll be exploring. Far Cry 3; like it's predecessors puts you on an island and asks you to do pretty outrageous things in an effort to save your friends, and yourself, from the pirates and kidnappers of the island. Far Cry 3 adds more to the game in the form of quests and keeps the plot moving with theA thrilling adventure from start to end, Far Cry 3 is as deep as the holes you'll be exploring. Far Cry 3; like it's predecessors puts you on an island and asks you to do pretty outrageous things in an effort to save your friends, and yourself, from the pirates and kidnappers of the island. Far Cry 3 adds more to the game in the form of quests and keeps the plot moving with the introduction of a more focused story element which has NPCs popping in and out of Jason's life. There is plenty to explore, and I find that it has a nice pace to it. Each part of the map requires you to take over a Radio Tower, which reveals part of the map. This encourages you to both explore, and to spend your time in a fixed area, insuring you aren't overwhelmed such as games like Just Cause 2, where the game world is so large you lose interest. There are a great number of vehicles and weapons in Far Cry 3. You don't feel like you need to farm money, or spend a great deal of time hunting vehicles. Guns can be earned for free by simply taking over radio towers, and special; more powerful weaponry can appear by collecting the various artifacts scattered all over the island. The story is interesting, but you need to approach it with an open mind, because there's more than meets the eye, and the island is quite alive with various wildlife all over, from birds to tigers; if you're not stalking it, it's stalking you. Simply put, Far Cry 3 is entertaining and fun, and you will have lots to do and enjoy doing it. Expand
  36. Jan 16, 2013
    Absolutely it's the 2012 game of the year. Only few things sin the game. It has an super involving non-cliche story mixed with one of the best graphics ever. It has so many things to explore, weapons to unlock, basically everything that a game have to have. We also cannot forget about the super charismatic characters like the great Vaas. If you think that it's over, it comes with anAbsolutely it's the 2012 game of the year. Only few things sin the game. It has an super involving non-cliche story mixed with one of the best graphics ever. It has so many things to explore, weapons to unlock, basically everything that a game have to have. We also cannot forget about the super charismatic characters like the great Vaas. If you think that it's over, it comes with an intense co-op and multiplayer campaign that can be so longer that the main campaign. This is one of the must-have games before die. Expand
  37. Feb 14, 2013
    One of Best Games after long time. Best Far Cry Game. The Only one,where series 3 don'T suck. Best Open World Game Ever. For all who love Shooter,Action and more.
  38. May 20, 2013
    this is one of the greatest open world games!!! everything in the game is great exept the story and few glitches. the story just doesnt make sense. it isnt the worst i seen but its hard to believe it or get attached to the characters and your friends. the thing that saves the story is vaas. Vaas is one of the greatest villans of all time!!!!! vaas is insane and the voice acter is justthis is one of the greatest open world games!!! everything in the game is great exept the story and few glitches. the story just doesnt make sense. it isnt the worst i seen but its hard to believe it or get attached to the characters and your friends. the thing that saves the story is vaas. Vaas is one of the greatest villans of all time!!!!! vaas is insane and the voice acter is just amazing!!! the game has few glitches. for the size of the game they arent so bad but they still are present. now to the good things. the world is just huge. there is tones to do and a lot to explore. the game is full with gorgeous old temples and amazing cliffs and waterfalls. there are also a lot of underwater tunnels and wrecked ships to explore. there are a lot of collectibles. normally i dont like finding collectibles but here its really fun and cool. the game also has a lot of side missions which are really fun. the game has skill trees. they are overall pretty good and they give you useful and fun abilities. the game also has a lot of first person animations. from taking a bullet out of your hand, to climbing plants, the animations are great and really immerse you. the stealth in the game is great as well. you can play the missions how you want to, stealthily or guns blazing. the AI is good. the guns feel great and there are a lot of them.
    this is an awesome open world game!!!! BUY IT ITS AWESOME!!!!!
  39. Jul 2, 2013
    awesomeness can't describe this game it is awesome in every way from the amazing stunning graphics to the explosively fun game play and great story with jaw dropping moments This is a Must own
  40. Jul 20, 2013
    A great game! The story was pretty decent and the environments looked amazing (people not so much tho). The world was open enough to be fun without being so large that you wound up hating it. I also liked having the freedom to choose between tackling an objective/outpost stealthily or just running in guns blazing. Thankfully, getting all of the achievements doesn't involve 100%ing the gameA great game! The story was pretty decent and the environments looked amazing (people not so much tho). The world was open enough to be fun without being so large that you wound up hating it. I also liked having the freedom to choose between tackling an objective/outpost stealthily or just running in guns blazing. Thankfully, getting all of the achievements doesn't involve 100%ing the game so some of the more tedious tasks and quests can be left out which is nice. As a sidenote, the DLC is pretty meh with only the monkey business quests being worthwhile. Also, the co-op missions were pretty fun and challenging, but they are much more linear than single player and don't allow for any exploring as you play. Expand
  41. Mar 25, 2013
    I don't even know where to start, good story, fast paced or slow depending on what you choose, very open, hands down the best game I think I have ever played!
  42. Jun 3, 2013
    My game of 2012, graphically it is excellent and performs well on most modern PC builds, it is an open world game which made me cautious after Far Cry 2, however they managed to strike an amazing balance of Story, Gameplay, Exploration and Action, with enough of its own ideas injected to make it really stand out.

The character development is very cool, true the "friends" are pretty

The character development is very cool, true the "friends" are pretty generic but some of the antagonists are incredibly entertaining in a dark and twisted way, and Far Cry 3 really is the best example I can think of where your actions throughout the story truly change the character and judgement of the character you play.

My only criticisms would be that there is perhaps to much to explore and find, which for the completionist or OCD inflicted can really drag out the hours, however, if you focus on the core elements such as, Towers Bases, Hunting and Missions you should find nothing but entertainment from this great game.
  43. Jun 27, 2013
    The game is amazing! Since the characters, the graphics (very beauty), the sound of guns, gameplay And the story of the game then? One of, if not the best story of action games!
  44. Sep 20, 2013
    I felt like opening a Pandora's box when trying to determine the score for this game. If you compare it to games of the modern era only, it's hard to not give it a 10. If you look at it more broadly though, the score drops.

Far Cry 3 is a Ubisoft game through and through. Their niche seems to be GTA-inspired sandbox games (AC, FC, SR). FC3 is exactly that. I was going to call it "GTA on an island" first, but that's not really fair. Then again, it's not completely wrong either. The game also seems to borrow small elements from AC series, which depending on your point of view can either be a good or a bad thing.

As for my opinion, the story and setting were really solid, even if a bit schizophrenic. The main character is more or less an ordinary guy with no goals in life, but then he finds some and becomes an elite commando army of one. There's some voodoo and stuff like that involved though. And that really sets the tone of the game. It's not really meant to be a realistic simulator, although it may look to do that on the outside. When you get deeper into it, you'll see that the game is full of supernatural elements as well and as such, the fact that you can see all the points of interest on the minimap automatically didn't really bother me. I especially liked how the game handled some bossfights. Not necessarily because they were QTEish, but because if they were normal shooting gallery sequences, that would've just sucked.

Other strong points were equipment customizability, animations, level of detail, voice acting, some of the dialogue, sidemissions that were actually fun and last but not least, the fact that you can just roam around the map doing whatever you want. The game also looks damn gorgeous with all the graphics turned high.

As for the bad side of things, well, the combat isn't really made to be challenging or balanced. As such, the ugly side of modern gaming raises up it's head once more. This game isn't hard. It's easy, even. And once again, it's a bit spoonfeedy. Despite that, I think it keeps itself together really nice.
    I didn't try multiplayer, but co-op was a useless tack-in to boost sales. There's also level-grinding and stuff like that involved in the multiplayer/co-op, which I don't approve of.

To explain what I said earlier about the score of the game dropping if you rate it taking into account more than just the modern era, I mean that this game doesn't necessarily offer a whole lot of new things, and I think it does things a bit tongue-in-cheek to compensate for that. But then, it's such a well-executed, fun and high production value package that I can't just go full cynic on it.

Don't take this game too seriously and you'll have a fun ride that can last up to 30 hours.
  45. Sep 23, 2013
    If you're a fan of beautiful landscapes and amazing story, than Far Cry 3 is for you. This game had some of the best graphics and textures in a video game, and if you think you have seen the best looking water in a game, think again, because Far Cry 3 has the best looking oceans and rivers I have ever seen. The story is one of the best I have ever experienced. One of the best endings in aIf you're a fan of beautiful landscapes and amazing story, than Far Cry 3 is for you. This game had some of the best graphics and textures in a video game, and if you think you have seen the best looking water in a game, think again, because Far Cry 3 has the best looking oceans and rivers I have ever seen. The story is one of the best I have ever experienced. One of the best endings in a video game. Fantastic writing. Only problem I had were occasional graphical pop-ins, but nothing severe. Expand
  46. Sep 21, 2013
    Thank you Ubisoft for more than 30 hours of pure fun!
    The game is really great, and there is so many opportunities. I'm so close to give this game 10 straight, but there are a few things i feel like there's missing. A thing i would really have loved would be if you could play through the whole game in CO-OP, and not just play some special missions.
    Also i wouldn't recommend just trying
    Thank you Ubisoft for more than 30 hours of pure fun!
    Also i wouldn't recommend just trying to finish the missions/extra missions, spend some time looking around the Island, and discover some of the secret places. If you're just trying to finish the objectives you pretty much repeat the same route over and over again, which is not funny:
    You clear a mission You activate the nearby radiotower You clear the outposts in the new area ->You clear the missions that you unlock when you get a new outpost.
    I haven't had any problems with this, since im spending alot time exploring the island, killing animals to upgrade my capacity, and finding plants to get the best possible medicin. I also love to try new tactics at every outpost and see what works out best.
    IMPORTANT: I'm not trying to decide how you wanna play the game, it's just a heads up since it's something i've been thinking about when i unlock new radio towers.
    There are just so many cool features in this game, that i decided to look at some of the less fascinating things about this game.
    What i thought after a while in Far Cry 3:I bought this game on Steam when it was 50% off (Price was 15 Euro) and now i allmost feel bad i didn't pay full price for this awesome game!
    Im waiting for ya, Far Cry 4!
  47. Jan 25, 2014
    (Note: If you don't have a good computer, it will not run, and even if it does, it'll be extremely laggy.) This game is purely amazing. I'm a huge fan of open world games (Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, etc.) so when I saw this, I had to get it. It has some of the best graphics I've ever seen, and a open world as big as Morrowind. The RPG mechanics are pretty good too. If you are a fan of FPS,(Note: If you don't have a good computer, it will not run, and even if it does, it'll be extremely laggy.) This game is purely amazing. I'm a huge fan of open world games (Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, etc.) so when I saw this, I had to get it. It has some of the best graphics I've ever seen, and a open world as big as Morrowind. The RPG mechanics are pretty good too. If you are a fan of FPS, RPG, or Adventure games, this game is a must have. Expand
  48. Dec 4, 2012
    This is by far the best FarCry and probably one of the best PC games of the year (My other favorite is Dishonored)! Amazing graphics and a large free-to-roam world. The gun handling is good with lots of guns (many guns are revealed later in the game). The gun sights are a little bit fuzzy in terms of usability, better off sticking with just a red-dot sight. Very good storyline with goodThis is by far the best FarCry and probably one of the best PC games of the year (My other favorite is Dishonored)! Amazing graphics and a large free-to-roam world. The gun handling is good with lots of guns (many guns are revealed later in the game). The gun sights are a little bit fuzzy in terms of usability, better off sticking with just a red-dot sight. Very good storyline with good connections and twists. Stealth is a small problem in the game. You can snipe an enemy a mile away with a silencer in a bush on a mountain and the other enemies immediately know where you are... I mean, they should be alerted about a body, but not immediately shoot back in your direction... BACK ON AN ISLAND and a believeable story, unlike the second FarCry... and the first with too much weird Sci-Fi and monsters... Expand
  49. Dec 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bellissimo uno dei giochi più belli a cui abbia mai giocato!! La storia come le missioni divertenti, e tutto il mondo intorno è vivo e bello da vedere, sopratutto su un pc con alte performance.
    Il multiplayer non è eccezionale e la campagna è un po' corta dato che non riesci a smetterci di giocare :).
    Un must have per tutti, sopratutto per chi possiede un bel pc, dato che c sono paesaggi da mozzare il fiato
  50. Dec 4, 2012
    Four hours into a game is probably a little early for a review but I usually know if a game is worth playing within the first 20 minutes. In short, Far Cry 3 delivers. Don't pay attention to any score under 7. Those people are angry inside and are probably trolling. REVIEW: The Dx 11 graphics are beautiful and the controls are solid. The story is a bit cliche and some of the charactersFour hours into a game is probably a little early for a review but I usually know if a game is worth playing within the first 20 minutes. In short, Far Cry 3 delivers. Don't pay attention to any score under 7. Those people are angry inside and are probably trolling. REVIEW: The Dx 11 graphics are beautiful and the controls are solid. The story is a bit cliche and some of the characters could be described as the douche-bag frat brosephs with gnarly tats and epic pecks. On the flip side, there are some great characters with excellent voice acting; such as the main villain and the Dr./Scientist dude. As far as gameplay goes; think of the open world freedom and environment of the first Crysis, paired with the shooting mechanics of Battlefield 3 (sort of). I say Battlefield 3 because in my opinion, aside from a tiny bit of bobbing, the feel of the weapons and your control of them feel reminiscent of BF3, which is a good thing. There are also a few RPG elements to the game which make it a bit more interesting. You can go around hunting wildlife, skinning them, and using the skin to craft new pouches for a surprisingly wide variety of gear. The only thing that doesn't make sense is that when you skin an animal, you take what appears to be a heart, or chunk of meat, rather than the actual hide. Not an issue by any means, just a little lazy on the dev's part. I have not gotten very far into the story but I can assure you there is plenty to do otherwise. Countless side-quests involving hunting for various animals, killing different targets of interest, car races, courier missions and a few other types. Enough to keep you busy if you don't want to blast through the main quest-line. There are a couple annoyances for me. The first, u-Play. I won't go on a rant but in short: it's **** stupid. Just stay in offline-mode and you wont have many issues. Another minor gripe I have is the save system. There is a quick save feature but it is useless. Whenever the game loads, you start in a safe house nowhere near where the quick save was activated. Also, when you're in an active mission, the game won't let you quick save. Rather, it auto saves at the beginning of the mission and if you fail, you revert. All of the minor annoyances aside, the game is awesome and I was pleasantly surprised. There are a lot of **** games out now that were hyped up to be something they're not, but Ubisoft did a great job with this title and I'll be enjoying it for months to come. And as far as performance; I have a 2600k @ 4.2 GHz with 16 gigs of RAM and a GTX 670. The game runs at a constant 55-60 fps with all of the settings on max except for shadows and ambient lighting, which are set to high as opposed to ultra. Oh yeah, vehicles are sick. The driving mechanics are perfect and there is a wide variety of cars and boats to choose from. There are also hang gliders... Nuff said. For anyone who is on the fence, I highly recommend getting this game. Expand
  51. Dec 5, 2012
    Hate to see this game get a bad rating from people with bad computers this is one of my favourite games, graphics are awesome and I love how you have to hunt to upgrade your equipment
  52. Dec 5, 2012
    I really think that this game is the best shooter ever.Of course they are some points that people can discuss, but the gameplay, the liberty to do whatever you want, makes this game a must have. I never got that feeling in any other shooter. In addition to that it's graphically top notch and I didn't got major bugs. The people having crash and freeze maybe didn't wait for the day oneI really think that this game is the best shooter ever.Of course they are some points that people can discuss, but the gameplay, the liberty to do whatever you want, makes this game a must have. I never got that feeling in any other shooter. In addition to that it's graphically top notch and I didn't got major bugs. The people having crash and freeze maybe didn't wait for the day one patch. Well, I highly recommend this game which let some new way of thinking gaming. Of course if your best game ever player is COD this could be too complicated for you ;) Expand
  53. Dec 4, 2012
    The best Shooter since Crysis 1 back in 2007. The performance is great for me, with an 4-year old PC (playing on high). (Intel 9650 4x3,0ghz, 4gb ram, geforce 570gtx 1gb)

The island is huge and in every corner you can find something special. Another great feature is that the world in Far Cry 3 is soooo alive animals attack pirates or your allies fight against them. I love it. The graphics are nice. There are some nice shadow effects and the jungle looks like a jungle. Maybe you meet a tiger in there...

Right now i played 5h+ and i must say that the story is awesome. Its not a normal story like in Call Of Duty or Battlefield 3 its unique in some ways.
    I dont get bored with this game, you have so many things to do. Collect relicts, or just hunting animals to collect skins for upgrading your inventory. You also can play like you want. Play like rambo? Yes you can! You want to be sneaky. Just do if you want!

Two things i dont like in Far Cry 3 are the multiplayer. Its nearly the same as Call of Duty. You unlock weapons with every level you complete. (But i dont care about the multiplayer because i bought this game for the singleplayer experience)
    The other things is that the artificial intelligence is quiet easy to fight against. Sometimes they dont really know whats going on.

This game deserves to be the best game of 2012!!
  54. Dec 4, 2012
    short review

pros:
    - good graphics
    - massive open world
    - many possibilities
    cons:
    - story could be more intense
    - performance should be faster
    - civilians in this world felt plastic
  55. Dec 4, 2012
    This game delivers a true open world experiance. Although the multiplayer isn't as good as it should be it still deserves the higher score for the single player experiance.
  56. May 13, 2013
    Far Cry is back! Bigger, better and more challenging than when it first surfaced in 2004. After 30-tish hours of playing now, I can only say "the best shooter ever". Period.
    If you liked the original, you will like this one too. One thing that most ppl need to be aware of, is the very sloooow learning curve cause of the RPG elements which are introduced compared to the original game (I don't want to mention Far Cry 2 cause in my eyes that was a true dissapointment of a game). My friends tried it, but then decided to erase it cause it was too complex for a shooter, which you do seem to notice, especially if you're not much into FPS games.
    But this game has it all, a huge beautiful world to explore, with all the details necessary to convince you're on a real tropic island, packed with bad guys which you get dispose off in different ways, trying different tactics every single time. A true definition of a "sandbox" game, do whatever you want, kill who ever you want and go wherever you want. It's only up to you how you spend time in the game.
    I don't care about some scripted linear levels like in Crysis series, taking from point A to point B just because some developer or game designer decided this is exaclty what you need to accomplish in order to go forward. Here, you have the main storyline which is I must say, the best acted play I have ever seen in a game, but most of the time you're off doing stuff exploring the island, driving whatever has wheels, any kind of combustion engine or flying around couple of hundred meters above the lush jungle. Just amazing.
    This game has my warmest recommendation, and believe me, you will be pulled in the atmosphere of the game but first you need to "survive" the first couple of hours until you connect all the dots on how to actually play the game. Give it a shot!
  57. Jan 20, 2013
    Wow! This is the most fun I have had with a video game this year. Perhaps I'm just easily impressed, but FC3 held my interest from start to finish. It has just the right amount of cut scenes to tell a story and the rest of the game is nonstop action. My only complaint is that I couldn't find a way around watching an entire cut scene when I first logged on. The save points weren't veryWow! This is the most fun I have had with a video game this year. Perhaps I'm just easily impressed, but FC3 held my interest from start to finish. It has just the right amount of cut scenes to tell a story and the rest of the game is nonstop action. My only complaint is that I couldn't find a way around watching an entire cut scene when I first logged on. The save points weren't very user friendly. Otherwise, this game is well worth playing and reminds me of Borderlands 2 with a touch of realism. Expand
  58. Dec 9, 2012
    Gra warta wydania 130zł Bardzo dobrze rozwinieta i fajna fabuła.Optymalizacja tej gry troche kuleję ale jak na taki wielki obszar jest dobrze. Za mało jest broni.
  59. Dec 8, 2012
    What a game really, The graph in this game is very impressive, ppl sayin otherwise are ppl whom do not understand what graph means! The Gameplay lets you reach the goal YOUR way!! yes its a very straight forward game, there is a thick red line guiding you. but the means in how you reach the ending, is totally up to you, wanna stealth? okay, wanna blow it all up? ok aswell! and theWhat a game really, The graph in this game is very impressive, ppl sayin otherwise are ppl whom do not understand what graph means! The Gameplay lets you reach the goal YOUR way!! yes its a very straight forward game, there is a thick red line guiding you. but the means in how you reach the ending, is totally up to you, wanna stealth? okay, wanna blow it all up? ok aswell! and the Scripting in the films/sequences are AMAZING!! wow, the sound, the acting, everything you makes perfect sence when you play it. and the Chararacters in the game are fantastisc, Vass, imean, have you ever met a more nasty villain ever?! THIS is surely a Game Of The Year contender, a fantastisc game no less! all the trollers givin it 0 and 2.. go play pixie games cus thats your level of intelect acording to games! Expand
  60. Apr 26, 2013
    (Single Player Review) As a big Far Cry 2 fan, I was happy with this game. The story and characters are an improvement over FC2, as well as the stealth mechanics. The wild animals are a great addition, the game formula is basically a three-way war between Pirates, Natives (your side), and Predators. The amount of random crazy sh*t that can happen keeps the game from getting boring. The(Single Player Review) As a big Far Cry 2 fan, I was happy with this game. The story and characters are an improvement over FC2, as well as the stealth mechanics. The wild animals are a great addition, the game formula is basically a three-way war between Pirates, Natives (your side), and Predators. The amount of random crazy sh*t that can happen keeps the game from getting boring. The biggest downside is that the game is too easy, especially if your the stealthy, careful type. Fortunately there are mods, the most well-known of which is Ziggys mod, which make the mechanics, especially the HUD, more challenging, and I highly recommend it for a second playthrough. If you liked Far Cry 2, you will probably like this game. Expand
  61. Dec 9, 2012
    With an array of games, this year, that where nothing but bug riddled disappointments, Far Cry 3 stands out. I've made it through most all of the story and played hours of co-op and multiplayer and I can safely say, this game is the best game to come out this year. I wasn't expecting much after Far Cry 2 but, holy crap! These guys hit gold with this one.
  62. Dec 6, 2012
    This is one of the best first person free roam game I've ever played. The graphics are beautiful and intricate as well as the game play. Having played Far Cry 2, I really enjoyed the changes Ubisoft made in Far Cry 3. One of my favorite parts of this game is the fact that crafting actually helps you get further in the game. Unlike other games where crafting thing would get you side thingsThis is one of the best first person free roam game I've ever played. The graphics are beautiful and intricate as well as the game play. Having played Far Cry 2, I really enjoyed the changes Ubisoft made in Far Cry 3. One of my favorite parts of this game is the fact that crafting actually helps you get further in the game. Unlike other games where crafting thing would get you side things in the game that didnt help you a whole lot, in Far Cry 3, crafting is almost a necessity. To get a better weapon holster you need to go hunt different animals to get their hides to then be able to hold more weapons. You dont need to wait and complete a certain amount of the story line to unlock more weapon slots like other games. It make hunting fun and gives it a purpose other then just selling the hide. Whether your tripping major balls in the mushroom caves or your invading camps there is always something fun to do. Expand
  63. Dec 8, 2012
    Es Buen juego si tienes un ordenador Bueno es recomendable en PC esa es mi opinión. Mucha calidad, mapas grandes, varias clases de armas, accesorios, arcos puedes agrandar tu mochila para llevar mas cosas con las pieles de los animales igual mas munición etc....

Te llevaras muchas horas con el. A que esperas para jugar.....
  64. Dec 9, 2012
    In short, this is the best game of 2012 so far. It is good deal better than the overrated Dishonored. The characters are quite expressive, Vaas is impressive. The gameplay mixture of shooter and stealth is quite satisfactory. The history is immersive. The graphics are very good, water and landscape are beautiful. The difficulty is quite tuned. The take downs are nice. There is a variety ofIn short, this is the best game of 2012 so far. It is good deal better than the overrated Dishonored. The characters are quite expressive, Vaas is impressive. The gameplay mixture of shooter and stealth is quite satisfactory. The history is immersive. The graphics are very good, water and landscape are beautiful. The difficulty is quite tuned. The take downs are nice. There is a variety of guns. Did I ever tell you the definition of "insanity"?... Expand
  65. Dec 4, 2012
    I really enjoyed Far Cry, but felt a little bit let down by Far Cry 2, so I was a bit apprehensive about Far Cry 3, but it really brought back the Far Cry experience for me. Ultimately I have a goal I need to achieve, as part of the main story, but my methods, how prepared I am and how accomplished I am are entirely down to me.

The action is intense, explosive and satisfying, the

The action is intense, explosive and satisfying, the weapons have a great feel to them (especially the bow, oh wow I love the bow!)

It's very open world, graphically very well polished but also very well optimised, you don't necessarily need the best PC in the world to run this game and it still look good, which is a great difference to a few titles released recently that rely on the consumer to have ridiculously powerful systems!

Just like to add that my opinion of the game reflects purely the single player.
  66. Dec 4, 2012
    The Single Best FPS Games I have ever played. Engaging, Wild Storyline, Massive beautiful imersive open world, Customizable Guns, CO-OP, Multiplayer, Side quests, Achievements and much improved movement and travel systems, and Challenging.
    (FarCry2 = Long Haul Driving) (FarCry 3 = Walk Drive Fly Glide Fall, Swim, Boat, Jet ski Parachute, or Instant Travel everywhere!!!) , and a smooth Game launch I give this game a Perfect 100/100 in what it offers. the only way I think it could get better is with a multi-choice multi outcome based single player with game & character changing consequences. Worth the $$$. (PS: Game can be difficult if set beyond easy (the way it should be) don't bash it because you suck)...
  67. Feb 9, 2013
    Amazing game. A incredibly beautiful open-world where just looking around is satisfying, not to mention all the activities you can do. The gameplay is varied, hunting, taking bases, side-missions, crafting, discovering, and games like poker/aim challenge/races etc.
    The storyline is also pretty solid with a nice plot and greatly designed characters(especially the bad ones). The voice acting is top notch too.

Only good things to say about this game in my opinion. I think it's a must-play for all the shooter fans.
  68. Oct 17, 2013
    This game reminds me of Skyrim in many respects. You given a set of tools, and largely left to your own devices as to how to complete the assorted tasks available. Conquering bases and towers across the map is never boring. Hunting is a slow, but enjoyable task it also allows for a lot of emergent gameplay experiences when other predators turn up and interrupt your hunt.

The story is

The story is pretty good too, at least for the first half of the game.
  69. Mar 7, 2013
    This is exactly what Far Cry 2 should have been. (Except for the crappy MAP UI and the lack of the sleeping feature)
    Beautiful graphics, amazing sounds and gun sounds, bad NPC voice acting and a gorgeous island to explore, hunt or just to enjoy the scenery.
    The storyline is quite MEH, but i'll take it anyway it since FC never really had a good story to be honest. The MP and the CO-OP is
    The MP and the CO-OP is quite good, a bit glitchy though.

The map editor guarantee hours of fun. :D
  70. Feb 5, 2013
    Insanely good game, 2012 GOTY for sure and best single-player game I've played in years. Awesome sandbox with a STRONG narrative when you choose to pursue it great characters, some nice twists and violent on some deep, disturbing levels.
  71. Jan 1, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an amazing game. The graphics are incredible, and if you're capable of running this maxed you're in for a treat. I found my finger hovering over the screenshot button most of the game. The storyline is very, very dark, and, minus the mystical tattoo silliness, will remind anyone who's read it of Heart of Darkness. Vaas is incredibly compelling, and steals every scene he's in.Far Cry 3 is an amazing game. The graphics are incredible, and if you're capable of running this maxed you're in for a treat. I found my finger hovering over the screenshot button most of the game. The storyline is very, very dark, and, minus the mystical tattoo silliness, will remind anyone who's read it of Heart of Darkness. Vaas is incredibly compelling, and steals every scene he's in. Gameplay is likewise excellent, and how you approach things is largely up to you. Sneak around, be stealthy, set up traps, or go in guns blazing and burn everything down. I do have a few minor issues, and one major one which prevent me from giving it a 10 though. Hunting is fun for a while, but once you've crafted everything (which is pretty much a necessity, you will want to do it ASAP) there's no reason to continue, and loot interaction, especially looting bodies, is awkward. The major issue I have, however, is with the quick buttons. There are only 4, and 2 should be used for your camera and rock throwing, meaning that out of the dozen or so crafted items you can make only 2 are easily available at a time. It's a PC game, there's NO reason for the limited console control scheme. Despite the questionable controls, I still found Far Cry 3 to be one of the best games I've played this year. Expand
  72. Dec 14, 2012
    From Far Cry 3 i was expecting more. I knew this would be just console port, but it's good port. But it's port, and this mean that we need powerfull hardware for high resolution and details. More powerfull even not so good graphics. Pop up is appearing, stretch the edges of the screen and FPS dropping on my Phenom 955 and Radeon 7950... this is too much. But the game offers a lot ofFrom Far Cry 3 i was expecting more. I knew this would be just console port, but it's good port. But it's port, and this mean that we need powerfull hardware for high resolution and details. More powerfull even not so good graphics. Pop up is appearing, stretch the edges of the screen and FPS dropping on my Phenom 955 and Radeon 7950... this is too much. But the game offers a lot of freedom. There are two island, and a lot of enemy outposts, and you chose way to capture it. There is a lot of side missions, some of it is very useable but some of it bring just money. However, gameplay is much improved over it's predecessor, eliminating most frequent enemis respawning in the recently captured enemy bases, Storyline is sometimes good, and sometimes is inspired by the Spanish serial movies. Despite all this, far cry 3 offers a lot of freedom in determining the missions to play and how to play them, a rich and varied gameplay, and decent graphics, and occasionally a good story. With all this game will provide plenty of fun for everyone. Expand
  73. Jan 11, 2013
    Remember when Half Life came out and blew everything away.... well that's Far Cry 3 but it's the year 2012. If you ever played Far Cry 1 or 2 then you will quickly realize that the developers took all the best parts and put it into Far Cry 3 plus more. 10 stars. Game of the year.
  74. Dec 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Almost perfect. I had a good time playing this game and I must say I still think about some things that happened, which is amazing. Story is interesting, unbelievable parts here or there but overall good. Characters really interesting. I just wish we got more info on some of them. Sound and visuals are good, not as good as in some of the games but they still do the job. When it comes to game play I have few things i didn't like. First gun recoil is almost to none. Guns are fun to shoot but it is too easy to unload a full clip in a same spot. If this is the first time Jason is shooting you would think he would have to battle that gun. Crafting is weird, it is gamey, but thing that i didn't like is that you make all there is in the first half of the game if you finish all the side quests. And the thing that I see as the biggest disappointment is the camera thing. Tagging is fine, but if you have the camera with you why cant you take any photographs that you can later view? Or if you can i didn't find how. Viewing those later would be awesome I think. And yes, Jason can't focus further than 50 meters, I understand that this might be limited by game engine or something. It just annoyed me a bit. Expand
  75. Dec 14, 2012
    The game is so fun, it could be the game of the year for me. But it isn't, for a one clearly understandable mistake. Matchmaking. The matchmaking is so fudged up, you barely can join a game and have fun, and if you manage to join, there's a 30% chance of getting the message "Migration of Host in progress" and then you mostly lose connection to host. But let's go back to singleplayer. YouThe game is so fun, it could be the game of the year for me. But it isn't, for a one clearly understandable mistake. Matchmaking. The matchmaking is so fudged up, you barely can join a game and have fun, and if you manage to join, there's a 30% chance of getting the message "Migration of Host in progress" and then you mostly lose connection to host. But let's go back to singleplayer. You start off as a teenager when you get captured and you need to save your friends. The story isn't the greatest, but the gameplay covers any possible aspect of the game and you feel like you just have to play on and on and on. I recommend this to anyone who likes sandbox games, first-person shooters or even adventure games. Not complaining about the graphics, which are nice, but it looks a bit cartoonish in it's own way. Expand
  76. Dec 23, 2012

77. Feb 11, 2013
    The game is really terrific. After the Fary Cry 2, my expectative is not to much, but with the trailers and the gameplay, I bought the Pre-order. When I played the game, I was impressed. A lot of animals, a lot of villagers and a fight with the pirates and the natives. The game gives a sense of the living environment. And the gameplay is the better. Like a shoter, but with other thingsThe game is really terrific. After the Fary Cry 2, my expectative is not to much, but with the trailers and the gameplay, I bought the Pre-order. When I played the game, I was impressed. A lot of animals, a lot of villagers and a fight with the pirates and the natives. The game gives a sense of the living environment. And the gameplay is the better. Like a shoter, but with other things like a Uncharted or Tomb Raider. Expand
  78. May 6, 2013
    Loved the game shame about people who score it 0 and score bad games 10
    I've voted 10/10 just to help recover the scoring and help generate normality here.
  79. Apr 29, 2013
    You raise your glass in toast to your friend, it’s the beginning of a party! First you’re jet skiing on crystal blue waters, swimming next to beautiful turtles, having a jaunt around the island with your mates, taking a death defying leap off a waterfall, hand gliding overseas and diving in to swim with sharks and, to top it off, sky diving. Pretty awesome huh? Well no, not really, turnsYou raise your glass in toast to your friend, it’s the beginning of a party! First you’re jet skiing on crystal blue waters, swimming next to beautiful turtles, having a jaunt around the island with your mates, taking a death defying leap off a waterfall, hand gliding overseas and diving in to swim with sharks and, to top it off, sky diving. Pretty awesome huh? Well no, not really, turns out this is all just a re-cap of how you got to where you are now, and where are you now? Unfortunately enough you’ve managed to be captured by Pirates, but these aren’t possibly the ones you might be thinking of, with peg legs, long black bushy beards still dripping from rum and mountains of gold, no no no. These are pirates who care a lot for “little white boys” only due to the fact you’re being held at ransom providing your parents love you enough. However you are just a rich kid, partying with your mates, there is no Liam Neeson with a particular set of skills coming to save you. No, no one is coming to save you from your captor who, I nearly forgot to add, is a 100% psycho path who enjoys toying with his hostages imagine if the joker got a tan but held onto the same sense of humour, then you’re getting close to the mind set of Vaas, the Mohicaned maniac who you are now under the possession of.
    Fast forward past your daring escape (no need to spoil the opening), you wake up confused, clearly in some sort of hut with someone beside you. In the time that you’ve spent unconscious the has decided to tattoo you or rather tatau you as it is called, this my friend is your admittedly somewhat cool way to show how much you’ve levelled up in the game, each new skill you unlock in one of your 3 skill trees adds a new part of the tatau to your arm, the 3 trees are the Heron (long range attacks and mobility) the Spider (stealth and survival) and the shark (first aid and killing), for completionists and those with the want to kill in stunning and sometimes spectacular ways will be able to get a good grasp on most of these, however if you’re just going to run and gun your way through then its best if you just focus on the shark. Anyway this man is called Dennis and appears to be your guide through these new lands, he offers you a machete and essentially pushes you on your now task of finding your friends and possibly killing Vaas if fortune holds.

read the rest of my review at http://willza99.wordpress.com thanks for reading
  80. May 6, 2013
    Awesome game. I just created an Metacritic account just to leave this game a 10/10 review. Best game I've played in a long while. On par with Skyrim. Amazing story. And one of the best endings, ever.
  81. May 10, 2013
    This game, in one word; amazing. I'm a huge fan of Cry-tek and Far Cry 3 is the best Far Cry yet. Absolutely gorgeous and well worth more than one play-through. Tis an improvement from Far Cry 2 (which i must admit was disappointing) due to improved shooter mechanics, a better story, and the crafting is the icing on the cake, but 1 complaint; the online multiplayer did not live up toThis game, in one word; amazing. I'm a huge fan of Cry-tek and Far Cry 3 is the best Far Cry yet. Absolutely gorgeous and well worth more than one play-through. Tis an improvement from Far Cry 2 (which i must admit was disappointing) due to improved shooter mechanics, a better story, and the crafting is the icing on the cake, but 1 complaint; the online multiplayer did not live up to expectations. Still worth a 10 out of 10 in my book. (sry bout the bad english o.o) Expand
  82. SFJ
    May 9, 2013
    As a huge fan of FPS and RPG,'s Far Cry 3 was my personal favorite games in 2013 and is my favorite game so far! This game has everything u want in an open world game plenty of side activities, great graphics. cool awesome and epic story the list goes on! Far Cry 3 has a large stelth system. With this little meter that shows how close you are to be detected and your machete along with someAs a huge fan of FPS and RPG,'s Far Cry 3 was my personal favorite games in 2013 and is my favorite game so far! This game has everything u want in an open world game plenty of side activities, great graphics. cool awesome and epic story the list goes on! Far Cry 3 has a large stelth system. With this little meter that shows how close you are to be detected and your machete along with some cool assassination tricks u can go realy stelthy and of corse if you wanna kick ass with your rifel or your pistol you can do that too. Far Cry 3 has also a deep hunting system and with that a great crafting system. You see you can kill two bears skin them for all there skins and fur open the crafting menu and use the bear parts to make a bigger backpack so you can keep more loot or maby a bigger gun holster so u can cary more weapons (max 4 To go further, Far Cry 3 adds awesome multiplayer that you can dump a bunch of houers in if u like FPS games. With an exelent leveling system unlocks and more plus a co-op campaign that u can play with up to three friends and it is realy realy realy funny! My advice to you is to get off your computer chair and buy Far Cry 3! if ur into fps games or rpg.s you will love this game! My final verdict for Far Cry 3 is FULL!!! as high as i can give 10/10 buy this NOW! Expand
  83. May 13, 2013
    This is a awesome game, with a very long and deep history, marvelous graphics and a magnific open world. In game you have a some choices to make, but nothing that changes the final, after all, even with all the fun you got, still there's something missing, that could be more, with all the marvelous open world, perhaps even been a great game, could be greater.
  84. Dec 20, 2012
    I'm a big fan of games and I play a lot of them. I ONLY play multiplayer games but on this game I played only the story mode. This game was fantastic and amazing. Extremely good graphics. Everything was so realistic that I could jump into the screen and play as the main character. WAY BETTER graphics from Battlefield 3. It is one of the best games on pc of all years. I finished the storyI'm a big fan of games and I play a lot of them. I ONLY play multiplayer games but on this game I played only the story mode. This game was fantastic and amazing. Extremely good graphics. Everything was so realistic that I could jump into the screen and play as the main character. WAY BETTER graphics from Battlefield 3. It is one of the best games on pc of all years. I finished the story on two days 'cuz I was playing 8-10 hours per day.
    The only thing you'll need to enjoy this game on the fullest is a really good pc!!
    If you have the pc and the money I suggest you to run to the shop and buy it immediately and start playing.
    Thank me later!! :)
  85. Dec 22, 2012
    The best game I played in 2012. Great, fun, open world, crafting, good history, good graphics, good vehicles, good customization, a lot of side quest, hunting. Really recommended.
  86. May 14, 2013
    The best game of 2012, yeah just like that, the question is why the hell it wasn't even a contender ta VGA's, probably because vga is full of crap! PS Just what the did to Deus Ex Human Revolution
  87. Jul 16, 2013
    An unbelievable graphic, the best I ever seen in a Video game with a beautiful game experience. It's story is really really long, to finish the campaign you have to spend a very long time
  88. May 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Far cry 3 is a great and dramatic first person open world game. There are level system, buy your own wepons and upgrade them. A lot of fun sidemissions and good graphics. Far Cry 3's story is probably the best story I've ever heard. It is exciting and you get a feeling that you just have to play on and find out what happens next. you have not played this game yet, you just buy it! It is worth every penny!
    Thanks for this game Ubisoft.
    I look forward if Far Cry 4 comes.
  89. May 4, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a brilliant display of game design by a professional development team, working in the the adventure game genre and applying so many lessons in game design from other games and bringing them together very well. The game, finally is well built, big, fun to play, and also, on highest difficulty very challenging. Models, lighting, weapon play and AI are all excellent. TheFar Cry 3 is a brilliant display of game design by a professional development team, working in the the adventure game genre and applying so many lessons in game design from other games and bringing them together very well. The game, finally is well built, big, fun to play, and also, on highest difficulty very challenging. Models, lighting, weapon play and AI are all excellent. The environmental art and animal behavior is fantastic. Nothing is perfect and it is possible to complain about various design choices, such as the high number of QTEs and the console port clumsiness of the UI on PC. But that is splitting straws. Far Cry 3 boasts a large, brilliantly realised environment, which is beautiful and fun to roam. NPC dialogue and interaction in the general exploration of the island are almost non existant, however it is not a RPG, so much as a FPS, so the lack of interaction with passive NPCs is forgiveably replaced with the gameplay of a 'lone hunter'. To enjoy this the player is offered, cars, trucks, jet skis, quads, boats, hang-gliders and an arsenal of weapons to play with. It is quite a buzz driving at full speed along the narrow island roads, or using molotov and a flamethrower in chaotic battle with a dozen enemies or more, when you can literally set the mountains on fire. The game really has two parts: The open exploration game and the main story-line. The sandbox is great so long as you do not capture all enemy bases. You need enemy bases to spawn guys to fight so clearing the island is a BAD idea and destroys the core gameplay. DON'T DO IT. The other part of the game is the set-piece linear 'main story'. In truth this has pros and cons. The story is great but is totally linear. It also requires a range of different game actions to succeed. There are plenty of quick time events and it can be frustrating replaying sections after numerous fails. Despite some qualms about the play style the set story is really good. We have here stella writing and great humour. The key NPC's are brilliantly written and the voice acting is spot on. While the pirate leader Voss is great, I prefer the drug-fiend doctor and the CIA agent who gets my vote as the FUNNIEST NPC yet writen in the history of game design. Who would imagine references to 'pinkos' in a game written in 2012? Crafting and hunting in the game find a reasonable balance of fun and tedium. They are necessary for a time but are not required once you have skinned enough tigers to get the biggest carry bags. Think about that for a moment and tell me that video games are politically correct. The skill sets are fairly well designed, but not as good as they could have been. It's too bad they are unlocked only through the main quest line. The game offers, finally almost unlimited driving around, running, shooting and arson, on a beautiful set of islands. There are also dozens of different challenges and minigames to try out or master as well as a interesting background story in the form of relics and war letters from the Japanese occupation in WWII, as well as 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' style temples and artifacts. Probably the most important advice about this game was already given: DO NOT TAKE ALL THE PIRATE OUTPOSTS. If you do that the bad guys dry-up and you will become quickly bored in a peaceful paradise. A final nod also to the sound design. We often forget to praise the music mixers and the sound engineers when we praise a design, because the sound effects are so deep a part of the experience we may not even notice them. In this game listening is as important as looking while you roam about and the music rises to match the frenzy of combat brilliantly. It's not a perfect game, but its pretty damn close. What could be PERFECT according to gamers spoilt by such a wealth of great games in the past couple of years? Far Cry 3 hints that a truly perfect game is becoming a possibilty quite soon. This game with a better UI, better (longer, deeper) skill trees and REAL choices/ real interactions with NPCs would be perfect. Witnin the next couple of years one of these great games is going to cross the line and be PERFECT, the Hamlet of game design. Which team will reach Nirvana first? Expand
  90. Dec 25, 2013
    An amazing immersive experience that blends elements from many other games. The story parts are well crafted, specially the characters and dialogues, and the game play is fluid and very polished. The only downfall of this game is that you will need a powerful machine to really enjoy it and that you will have to install Uplay, even if you are launching from Steam..
  91. Jan 5, 2014
    This has absolutely been the most entertaining game I've played in a long time. The graphics are top notch, the action is top notch and on top of that it had a nice story.
  92. Apr 20, 2013
    I must say, this game really surprised me: infact is surprisingly playable and...fun and even though it may resemble like a "Skyrim with guns", it has its unique traits to make the difference. The game has 3 modes, and the first (and most important) is the story mode, which is basically the core of the game. The story is actually engaging and your character is...not bad! You kindaI must say, this game really surprised me: infact is surprisingly playable and...fun and even though it may resemble like a "Skyrim with guns", it has its unique traits to make the difference. The game has 3 modes, and the first (and most important) is the story mode, which is basically the core of the game. The story is actually engaging and your character is...not bad! You kinda sympathize with him in the end because he becomes sure of himself and becomes a real warrior of the jungle. We also have various missions here and we also need to hunt for animals, in order to increase our inventory. The island is huge and you'll take a lot of time to explore it. The graphics are good but they lack some extra detail that could have made it amazing, but it's still good, without mentioning the huge amount of secrets and things to discover (relics, lost letters from the war, underwater caves, etc). But still, it has some big flaws that really annoyed me: for starters, the idea of giving you an extremely limited inventory is bad and at the beginning of the game you won't be able to carry more than 1 weapon at the time, with also few ammo, few medicines, few grenades, few rockets, few anything! Luckily it can be increased rather quick by just hunting the animals you need but it's a huge limitation at the beginning that forces you to sell almost anything you get and to make you use weapons that aren't good for silent attacks. It looks more like an excuse to hunt animals, more than a real limitation. Since the island is huge, you'll be able to drive on the island, but the controls are horrible and really feels like it's sliding on the road. And those are jeeps. The game will make us see from "his eyes" so we basically play from his perspective in all times...yet we only see his hands: are we a ghost? That really seems a big lack, considering that the "feel" the game wants to give us is a feel of "real life" and engagement. Infact, the inventory shouldn't even be a menu on another screen and it should be on without stopping the game (sort of like Dead Space). That would have made things much more interesting and engaging. The missions are...very lacking too. You get more missions by conquering outposts (and if you do without being seen, you get tons of exp), and these missions are usually of 2 kinds: 1) kill a pirate with your knife 2) kill a rare animal...which is easily spotted on the map. There are also other sub quests, but they are even easier than the previous ones and usually takes no more than 5 minute. In other words, it could have been better Ah, and there are also challenges to do but they usually just give you money, which is so easy to obtain in the game and you'll be often spending it in order to keep your wallet free. And for last, your skills: you don't have levels but you obtain skill points each time you get enough experience: the skills are many and splitted into 3 branches, which mostly differs on game styles more than actual "speccs". It might be good except that the game forces you to play onward for unlocking your advanced skills! I had 5-6 points to spend, but no new skills to buy, and in the end I had to continue in order to unlock more: this again kills the purpose of being free, since you'll be limited on your skills until you reach a certain point of the story, without mentioning that a lot of these skills are useless and gaining skill points is a breeze (1500 exp just for taking over an outpost without being seen!). However, as a story mode itself, is great, engaging and fun, and that alone it's enough to entertain you. But we also have co-op mode, which you take control of 1 of 4 characters, which aren't exactly related with the story of game, and you'll basically do campaigns with more people. I wasn't able to play it entirely due to my bad luck but it was pretty intense! The enemies are tough and your weapons choice (which can be pre-set or the same as your multiplayer set) count. I can't say exactly much, but it's still more variation to a game that have a lot of content. For last, we have a multiplayer, which is similar to Call of Duty in style...except you actually need to aim. There are various modes and the weapons are varied, although unlocked by levels, and you get attachments from decoding (and if I'm right also from levels). The arenas are pretty detailed and very cured: I hardly saw campers and the reason is that you can't kill in few hits (unless you use a shotgun), forcing you to aim and to try to be a little more precise. We also get "killstreaks", which aren't many but they aren't unbalanced either. This mode is, in a nutshell, a more balanced version of Call of Duty, and it's a good time waster for those moments you just want to shoot. All in all, a very good game, fun to play andreally enjoyable, definitely worth a try out if you want to play a good FPS-RPG game. Nothing really original...but it's extremely fun to play! Expand
  93. Jan 24, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is without a doubt the high point of the franchise. After the lackluster Far Cry 2, it's great to see Ubisoft fix just about everything that was wrong with it. Fantastic visuals and optimization. The storyline is good, but not great. There are a lot of poorly fleshed out characters that I would have loved to get to know better, especially the friends that you spend the entireFar Cry 3 is without a doubt the high point of the franchise. After the lackluster Far Cry 2, it's great to see Ubisoft fix just about everything that was wrong with it. Fantastic visuals and optimization. The storyline is good, but not great. There are a lot of poorly fleshed out characters that I would have loved to get to know better, especially the friends that you spend the entire game trying to rescue. The story itself was a bit shorter than I would have liked. There needed to be more story missions where you interact with other characters. The difficulty was definitely too easy. They were definitely trying to appeal to the console crowd by making the game easier, but that's not what Far Cry is. The opportunity to plan attacks on outposts is great, but the lax difficulty means that this really isn't necessary. There were a few glitches and bugs that I came across but nothing that was really severe. However the biggest problem with the game is the multiplayer. Far Cry never was, and never should be, about multiplayer or Co-OP. Resources were wasted on both of these modes that could have been used to improve the singleplayer experience. Overall the game is absolutely fantastic. If they stop trying to appeal to console players and ditch the lame multiplayer and coop modes, then Far Cry 4 can be a complete masterpiece. Expand
  94. Nov 20, 2013
    Amazing game, has everything going for, great gameplay, great story, great graphics, you can't go wrong here. AI may not be the best but is not bad either. Overall this was a great experience that every real gamer should play.
  95. Dec 30, 2012
    very enjoyable fxpoghkjdx[gpodf[gpoh[pfgxh[cpok[pokb[fpokgf[xpnogf[pknpogkhb][polkn][pcbo]npokgng]cp[ojn]p[vob]cvp[o][pbok]bvp[o]cp[kn]p[obvn][pbkn]pv kn]cnk
  96. Feb 14, 2013
    Amazing game, really immersive and realistic. The graphics are stunning and it has a good combat system. A lot of effort as been put into this game by Ubisoft Montreal, and I think it deserves the GOTY award.
  97. Feb 18, 2013
    I have played 250 hours of Black Ops 2 on the PC, and hated the bs.
    For those looking for a open-world, first person shooter with combination of AC3 and Skyrim, get this game. You won't regret, the game visuals are awesome too.
    It lasts about 10 hours to complete the entire game or faster if you can.
  98. Mar 3, 2013
    Farcry 3 enables that thing that excites me most about gaming, that moment when you forget it's a game and feel integrated into the flow of the story. An absolutely massive island archipelago that is lush and filled with villains and intense situations and could be ripped out of any Hollywood action film but here you get to play the title role. The game places you on a path and thenFarcry 3 enables that thing that excites me most about gaming, that moment when you forget it's a game and feel integrated into the flow of the story. An absolutely massive island archipelago that is lush and filled with villains and intense situations and could be ripped out of any Hollywood action film but here you get to play the title role. The game places you on a path and then gives you the freedom to do things your own way. Of course the plot ultimately must be followed but not precisely, and if you want to go out hunting bears with a flamethrower, there's plenty of time for recreation, along with learning new skills, exploration, takeovers, expanding your power, meeting new people, getting new weapons.
    Farcry 2 was an excellent game with an interesting message but there is no comparison here. This is an entirely new game and the graphics are so good and often so beautiful that while I'm caught up in the game, I can turn and see the sun setting over a waterfall in the distance and I have to stop and stare. It's almost like you can feel the evening breeze. Amazing.
  99. Mar 6, 2013
    Farcry 3 is an amazing game, unlike Farcry 2, this goes back to more Farcry 1 setting, an archipelago called the Rook Islands. The story and characters are very interesting. Including my favorite, Vaas. Hes a badass mother that you don't want to mess with. The graphics are great, varying on what console you buy it on, i got it on pc, so i had a great graphic experience. The game play isFarcry 3 is an amazing game, unlike Farcry 2, this goes back to more Farcry 1 setting, an archipelago called the Rook Islands. The story and characters are very interesting. Including my favorite, Vaas. Hes a badass mother that you don't want to mess with. The graphics are great, varying on what console you buy it on, i got it on pc, so i had a great graphic experience. The game play is unique and does open world stealth well. One complaint is the lousy over accurate AI. They can shoot you from a mile away! The vehicles are fun but im sad they ditched multiplayer vehicles. Speaking of multiplayer, it sucks. You get a mediocre coop campaign and a copy and paste multiplayer system with killstreaks, loadouts, and gun customization. But the campaign is more than enough to make up for these flaws and for that, Farcry 3 gets a 9/10 Expand
  100. Apr 19, 2013
    This game isn't to be missed, its unlike every other game you have ever played, it combines, story with action, exploration and hunting. The hunting really sets this game apart from other games and adds a new depth. What this has over Far Cry 2 besides the hunting, is a great AI system where you know if people have seen you and you have a bit of time to hide, stay still etc. The vehicles,This game isn't to be missed, its unlike every other game you have ever played, it combines, story with action, exploration and hunting. The hunting really sets this game apart from other games and adds a new depth. What this has over Far Cry 2 besides the hunting, is a great AI system where you know if people have seen you and you have a bit of time to hide, stay still etc. The vehicles, weapons and open world are fantastic, great use of height just like in Just Cause 2.

My only gripes are my favorite character which I wont spoil dies way to early and the game. The game isn't that hard, there should be a hard mode where you can't see shadows behind buildings, this would make it more real life. Additionally the lack of any helicopters or planes to fly around the expansive island can get annoying. A helicopter would have added an extra element.

Overall this is a game not to be missed, one of the top 3 open world games ever made up there with GTA IV & Just Cause 2.
  101. Sep 21, 2013

2. Jan 29, 2013
    Exhilarating, colorful, mindless – that's Far Cry 3 in three words.
  3. Jan 24, 2013