Far Cry 3 PC

8.2

1. Nov 29, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is definitely a weird game. It will mind **** you so much and than leave you in your insanity. Just like that, like nothing happened. So we should start from the beginning. You are rich spoiled child who was kidnapped by some insane ****ed up island king of inbred tribals. Suddenly you are torn out from your dream life of parties and boredom into cruel reality. But kidnappers areFar Cry 3 is definitely a weird game. It will mind **** you so much and than leave you in your insanity. Just like that, like nothing happened. So we should start from the beginning. You are rich spoiled child who was kidnapped by some insane ****ed up island king of inbred tribals. Suddenly you are torn out from your dream life of parties and boredom into cruel reality. But kidnappers are too dumb and you and your older brother manage to escape. After short period of time your brother lays dead and you run through unknown jungle. You slip, you fall and you lose senses. When you wake up the real game begins. Now you can explore whole island on your own no matter what. You can liberate small forts on the island which will make roads safer (so they say). After liberation of some fort a car full of Rakyat, the tribals, will appear and take over the place, quoting stupid things 'till the end of time. Another thing of importance to the tribals are radio towers. If you can climb them up and destroy technical device of island king Vaas(and Vaas doesn't give a **** whole game), you will reveal a part of map and also make Vaas blind in this area. The side quests and collectibles will now show on the map too. But when you liberate whole island and explore whole map nothing happens. Not a single thank you. Tribals just don't care. And there is much more of what they don't care about. So you go and start side quests. And now some weird **** will happen. You can come across a guy who needs photos of dead pirates for his personal sick business. You will find a guy who's daughter was kidnapped by aliens and he needs to locate all of his packages. But when you do quest just ends and he doesn't give a **** about his daughter anymore. You will search for husband of one tribal woman, who thinks her husband is cheating on her, just to find him with another man. And so it goes like this, until you realize that all of Rakyat are pretty ****ed up bunch of liars and you just want to put them all down. So you will turn on to the last things you can do in this game: hunting for animals and relics. But sooner or later you will start to feel guilty for genocide of rare species, because bigger bags you make, more animals it takes. Until one point, when you need a rare animal and than you need to find a specific quest and hunt it with special weapon. So after lots of carnage you have all the bags and animals have no meaning in game anymore, except small enemies. Relics are scattered all over the island. You can find statuettes, memory cards and letters of japan soldiers from WWII. The informations on discs and letters are boring and just flat, and relics and letter spawn randomly on the island. So sooner or later you will return to the place where you took one relic, just to find another few meters further. So after a while it's boring and pointless too as all other activities. And after all these things you will return to the main story, where **** hits the fan. You will rescue all of your friends and slowly develop your "warrior" skills through some short missions of simple story. You will rescue you stupid stoned friend, who would certainly die but doesn't give a **** about gratitude after you save him. Your mean **** girlfriend, your older brothers girlfriend and at last your younger brother. And as this happy bunch you want to leave island. In this saving process you will inhale and eat so much drugs it would kill an ox but you will just walk away with a headache just to please everybody on this godforsaken island. You will please a tribal queen Citra just to disappoint her at the very end and also kill some god and island king and Rudolf's gay uncle and most evil boss German and ... and after all this ... you will be still mean **** and spoiled kid and yell yuck when you skin an animal and with big meaningless tattoo after all this ... you will stay on the island! There is no way home. No return. You will just stay there, kill bandit bosses with the knife like real Rakyat even if you rejected them at the end. You will encounter same two men patrols of pirates and mercenaries and the tribals won't still give a **** about you and drive like crazy killing their own on the roads and smashing the cars into trees. And than you will realize that this is a nightmare ... and it won't end until you uninstall the game... And still, it's not all I hated about this game, but I don't want to think about it anymore. Expand
  2. Nov 29, 2014
    This game is utterly ruined by the lack of a genuine quick save. I can't keep track of how many times I died during the heat of a gun fight, only to have to reset from a spawn location, having to search out the fight and start all over again from scratch. Ruined the experience for me 100 percent.

Where are the days where video game designers actually made games with the players in mind? If I want to quick save my game (like I could in the excellent Far Cry 2), then why can't I? It should be my choice. Why am I paying for an open world game, with my hard earned money, if it won't even give the essential features I want?

On top of that, you are forced to install UPlay (Ubi's own form of DRM) to play this. If you purchased this through steam (like a lot of people have) having to install another layer of DRM is a huge pain in the ass. Way to stick it to the customers even more.

The graphics are great, the story is actually really interesting. It's a bold game, and for that, I'm giving it a 3. However, the game is unplayable for me, so I can't give it a higher score. A 3 is a solid F, and that's what it deserves.

Far Cry 1 and Far Cry 2 are still great games, and I recommend those. (I got 1, 2, 3, and Blood Dragon for 40 on steam, so not a huge loss for me). Stay away from 3 though. Obviously not made with the player in mind
  3. Feb 6, 2015
    [opinion only about the single player campaign] Although I despise open-world shooters, the game was enjoyable. I play games mostly for the story. Don't hate me, but I 'tweaked' it a bit (well, yeah, uhm... I cheated and got a lot of cash) to avoid the nonsensical side-quests and boring activities and focus on the plot, which by no means is great, but after all it is engaging. I kind of[opinion only about the single player campaign] Although I despise open-world shooters, the game was enjoyable. I play games mostly for the story. Don't hate me, but I 'tweaked' it a bit (well, yeah, uhm... I cheated and got a lot of cash) to avoid the nonsensical side-quests and boring activities and focus on the plot, which by no means is great, but after all it is engaging. I kind of liked the change in the protagonist, who grew to be the ultimate "waria", who got overly engaged with all the bloodshed and revenge. With the supernatural elements that can explain why a regular kid becomes an awesome commando-stalker-hunter, I actually felt like I should killing all those poor people. Most of the killing was pointless, but in this one case - it doesn't matter. Get some silenced guns, get a Desert Eagle and wreak havoc! That said, there is something wrong with the shooting mechanics themselves - they're not as fun as in other FPS, but clearly, this is a personal preference. The game looks and sounds great, the voice-acting is exceptional and there are some memorable characters. Don't hesitate and follow the path of the warria! Expand
  4. Dec 28, 2014
    Far cry 3 is a fun game with open world and shooter mechanics and driving combined into one game including stealth mechanics. Farcry 3 is a great game but all the characters are basically douchebags except the antagonist vaas who is great and insane making you feel on the edge, the stealth is pretty fun and all the time I carried a recurve bow so I didn't have to deal with reinforcementsFar cry 3 is a fun game with open world and shooter mechanics and driving combined into one game including stealth mechanics. Farcry 3 is a great game but all the characters are basically douchebags except the antagonist vaas who is great and insane making you feel on the edge, the stealth is pretty fun and all the time I carried a recurve bow so I didn't have to deal with reinforcements The pc port is a god and it can run on a lot of pcs and on mine highest settings constantly at 60fps and I never noticed it drop (GTX660) farcry 3 is a game that can get boring after a while though and I only did a few side missions before they started becoming repetitive I recommend you buy this game if its on sale on steam, don't hesitate. Expand
  5. Jan 15, 2015
    The game is more stealth/adventure than action. I liked villain characters but heroes were not very interesting. The best character would be Vaas Montenegro who died foolishly and was not involved in the story that much. The story sometimes gets too slow and bores you and sometimes gets too fast and makes you upset. Rakyat people don't participate in freeing outposts and the player must doThe game is more stealth/adventure than action. I liked villain characters but heroes were not very interesting. The best character would be Vaas Montenegro who died foolishly and was not involved in the story that much. The story sometimes gets too slow and bores you and sometimes gets too fast and makes you upset. Rakyat people don't participate in freeing outposts and the player must do everything on his own. Side missions are many and useless.
    Graphics are very good, every event and place is designed with the most accuracy. You'll never get tired of exploring the jungle. There are many guns in different classes and there's even a crossbow which is very handy and stealthy. Each weapon may have some upgrades (like silencer) that you can buy from the stores. Skills are numerous and help you in the levels very much, including how to kill an enemy below you, how to kill a heavy gunner and so on.
    The game is interesting, for sure. But it would be much better if they worked on the story and characters a bit more.
  6. Jan 22, 2015
    this is one of the best fps games I've ever played but the end boss battle is too anti-climatic. graphics are amazing on low setting,nice gun-play,there are animals in this game too. good thing they made this game. It was worth playing it.
  7. May 11, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Story driven game with breath taking surroundings. Handful of missions through the story really stood out and busted a hearty laugh of joy. A few minor bugs and hiccups occurred, mostly involving waterfalls, fire or waterfalls of fire.
    Highlights For Me:
    Have to say I had a connection with the bow. Hard to use at first at long distance but so worth it when you get the special tips. Rain fire down on outposts. BLOCK OUT THE SUN.
    The different tatu traits added a depth to the game that showed through the early gameplay. Fades away towards the end. If you collect the side items you can have all the skills by the end of the game.
    Villains make or break a game, that is a fact. You need to enjoy who your eventually going to end. Far Cry exceeds and making the villains in this game stand out. With enough insanity to make you laugh when you know you really shoulden't.
    Few minor flaws to point out:
    Character backstory was lacking. Why should I care about these people other then they are my "friends". Majority of the time when a name was mentioned I was pondering on who the hell they were. Having to go to the in-game handbook to match a face with a name.
    I was furious when I couldn't load a vehicle with C4 and ride it into a enemy outpost, jumping out before impacting and blowing the death trap. Leaving behind the bodies of my targets. But Nah. C4 just simply bounced off the vehicles or flew out when speeding.
    The Co-Op portion of this game was sadly a disappointment. Slew of glitches, bugs occurring every few minutes. Playing on hardest setting proved to be more annoying then cleaning the house. 1 shotgun blast from any direction was a instant kill, sometimes with that person appearing out of thin air. Background to characters was explained well before the game started. Something the main story was missing.
    Overall the game was great. Visually pleasing. Equally terrifying with jungle noises all around you. Screamed more times then I would like to admit when crocs would take a bit of my White Devil jungle conquering self.
  8. May 20, 2015
    I love this game so much!The story is so awesome!
    Why this game is awesome:
    1.Crafting system(craft syringe,bags for your survival!) 2.So many types of guns! 3.You can be a run and gun,sniper or knifer! 4.You can be stealthy,chaos-ish! 5.Cool antagonist: Vaas & Hoyt 6.Kill Animal! 7.Blood! 8.Be a ruthless killer or a reluctant hero 9.Many cool easter eggs 10.Uncover the secret
    I love this game so much!The story is so awesome!
    Why this game is awesome:
    1.Crafting system(craft syringe,bags for your survival!)
    2.So many types of guns!
    3.You can be a run and gun,sniper or knifer!
    4.You can be stealthy,chaos-ish!
    5.Cool antagonist: Vaas & Hoyt
    13.Insane amount of fun!
    14.Great Graphics!
    and many more reasons
  9. Sep 19, 2015
    No details, there already have been enough comments about that. My biggest problem: The final stages of the game somehow didn't entertain me any more; it was quite a drag to actually play the last few stages. So I guess the fun is more in the exploring. The story is OK, but at the end it just drags on in my opinion.
  10. Nov 9, 2015
    Don't pay attention to any negative review (all those don't even know meaning of Far cry)

Series was good and difficult at the time ,this one was easy and also difficult Something new how if you were trapped on and island just like in old films,You are not skilled ,you develops yourself ND FIGHTS WITH great bosses. Great atmosphere, wildlife is very real many twists take

Series was good and difficult at the time ,this one was easy and also difficult

ND FIGHTS WITH great bosses. Great atmosphere, wildlife is very real many twists take place in the game even while missions
  11. Nov 27, 2015
    I really love this game. I've played through the campaign mode twice on different difficulties. I really love the online mode too. I have racked up 70 hours of game play. I would really recommend this game. Sometimes Steam even runs sales on the game which makes it even better!
  12. Jan 3, 2016
    Excellent world design with great combat. Very good environment interaction. Lots to do. Serviceable story.

Graphics: 10
    Game play : 9
    Combat: 9
    World Design: 9
    Content: 9
    Immersion: 9
    Story: 7
  13. Jul 5, 2016
    Far Cry 3 was one of the most interesting game I have played ever. It features an innovative gameplay (for the time when it was released), a fascinating plot, good music, and, of course, awesome graphics! If you like FPS a lot, this game is must-have!
  14. Mar 24, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is a game that is lovingly crafted and rich in detail. It is one of the few sequels that fixes the problems of its predecessor without adding [m]any new ones. Gone are the dreaded Malaria, gun jamming and check point respawn mechanics. I initially held off on Far Cry 3 upon its release and grabbed it as a bargain buy on Steam. However, I would happily pre-order the next titleFar Cry 3 is a game that is lovingly crafted and rich in detail. It is one of the few sequels that fixes the problems of its predecessor without adding [m]any new ones. Gone are the dreaded Malaria, gun jamming and check point respawn mechanics. I initially held off on Far Cry 3 upon its release and grabbed it as a bargain buy on Steam. However, I would happily pre-order the next title going by the quality of this one.
    Playing Far Cry 3 on a high end system is like taking a passport into a dangerous, virtual realm. It is captivating and will have you coming back for more.
    I cannot wait to see what Ubisoft come up with after this.
    I have given Far Cry 3 the perfect 10 as I feel that it merits the score based on the sheer amount of content and attention to detail (and being a relatively bug free experience).
    Ubisoft, I salute you.
  15. Nov 15, 2014
    Its a fair game, with many positive regards to nature and beautiful world to explore. I just wish the intro was less stupid and less american-like. The multiplayer is questionable, but that's understandable in this kind of game.
  16. Nov 8, 2014
    Great game. On the con side: some issues with scripted missions i.e. player agency taken away which comes as a bit of a surprise when your used to the freedom the game gives you in all other areas. Pros: Michael Mando's performance, voice acting and sound work, game progression, involving story and characters that are not one dimensional, a metric f*ck ton of content including half tidyGreat game. On the con side: some issues with scripted missions i.e. player agency taken away which comes as a bit of a surprise when your used to the freedom the game gives you in all other areas. Pros: Michael Mando's performance, voice acting and sound work, game progression, involving story and characters that are not one dimensional, a metric f*ck ton of content including half tidy co-op/multiplayer and the ending wasn't bad either! Great value for money game. As an aside with Ubi's shenanigans with uplay/steam and the resolution debacle of AC unity I wont buy Far Cry 4 unless or until they straighten out their priorities - Far Cry 3 was so good and so full of value I thought they actually gave a rats ass about PC gaming as well as consoles. Expand
  17. Oct 13, 2014
    They basically took all the gameplay elements of an Assassin's Creed game and adapted them for Far Cry. Towers in Assassin's Creed become camps in Far Cry. Viewpoints become radio towers. Swan diving into a hay stack becomes ziplining. And it works. It's simple and keeps you coming back.

The shooting mechanics and animations are fantastic. The crafting, the tattoo system, the weapon upgrading, it all works wonderfully. And there is plenty of content. And co-op which I haven't yet tried.

The story is very good despite not making sense most of the time. The voice acting is excellent for the most part, however the islanders all have the same **** voice and look identical. Story takes about 20-30 hours depending on how fast you go. The soundtrack (composed by Brian Tyler) is amazing.

Unfortunately there's Uplay, and parts of the game don't look that great thanks to the last-gen potatoes. Strangely, I had trouble maintaining 60 fps at higher than Medium settings, but MSAA and High textures weren't a problem. Noticed some occasional stuttering for whatever reason, but nothing too bad. Vsync was a little finicky.

I do wish there was a little more to Far Cry 3. The gameplay design felt very conservative and tried-and-true. I would like to see some new things in Far Cry 4.
  18. Mar 17, 2014
    Generally a really well done, fun game but it cannot match the supreme experience of Far Cry 2 - though that in itself is no shame. The combat works well, the new takedown mechanisms add to the stealth options but in the end the AI is too blind for stealth to truly work and reach the same heights as in Far Cry 2. Stealth is most fun in the beginning before you realize just how close andGenerally a really well done, fun game but it cannot match the supreme experience of Far Cry 2 - though that in itself is no shame. The combat works well, the new takedown mechanisms add to the stealth options but in the end the AI is too blind for stealth to truly work and reach the same heights as in Far Cry 2. Stealth is most fun in the beginning before you realize just how close and visible you need to get to get caught. Once you realize that, you tend to stop trying.

I recommend Ziggy's mod for an improved challenge and gameplay experience but the vanilla is also an enjoyable ride if you like it easy.

The game starts off at its strongest point and then slowly slides. The first island is great fun and both exploring and fighting is just addicting. However, as you get all your skills, weapons and move on to the second island, it starts to slide slightly and by the end it's all routine. The story also falls short, unfortunately, and by the end it straight up stumbles. The ending, whichever you choose, is awful.

That said, the awesome graphics and fun game mechanics make this a great game overall and it should be played by any FPS fan. The best shooter made since its prequel.
  19. Jan 1, 2013
    I'm not gonna lie. Far Cry 3 was probably the most fun I've had with any releases of this year so far. But that's mainly because there wasn't that much else that quite reached it's level in terms of both content and execution. But does that really make it a good game?
    Well....yes. It is good, however people now a days seem to make out everything that is above mediocre to be the greatest thing ever, which it really isn't.

I'd say one of it's biggest problems is that it's just all in all not really challenging. I played the game on the hardest difficulty level and even then the enemies aren't much of a thread, especially once you upgrade your health. The healing mechanic is also just broken. You can heal yourself whenever you want and how many times you want, even during combat.. Not to mention that there's also healing syringes that heal you even faster.

The game's also rather grindy. I like the fact that you have to hunt animals to craft new pouches etc, but it would have been more enjoyable if you'd start hunting naturally and not having to go to specific places to find a specific animal in order to craft or upgrade something.
    Far Cry 3 also suffers from what I like to call "Overkill syndrome". Meaning that the beginning is actually the most challenging part of the game, but as you unlock more things, the game becomes progressively easier. So it's exactly the opposite of how a game should progress.

The world it self is pretty empty. The only main attractions are liberating outposts and some side quests that rarely differ. (Kill that guy with a knife, hunt down that animal with a bow).
    Honestly, liberating the outposts is pretty much the best part of the game because it's just simply the most sandbox-y.

I was also rather disappointed by the story. It's so well acted! Vaas (the guy on the cover) is such a great character...but he only gets like 5 minutes of screenplay...and he's only there for like half of the game.
    I think the main problem here is that the characters are just so weakly established. I really didn't care for most of them, even though they had such great performances.
    The ending's also pretty weak. It just pulls a "Choose your ending cutscene" kind of ending.

The multiplayer and CO-OP aren't really noteworthy either. CO-OP is just tagged on mission based **** No exploration, just stand inside of a base and kill incoming enemies.
    As for the competitive Multiplayer, I certainly had more fun with that than co-op, but I don't see it lasting for very long. Though I really liked how they took familiar game modes and put some new mechanics into them. They even added in a new game mode called firestorm which is certainly worth checking out.
    However it suffers from what most multiplayer components suffer from now a days. Having to level up and unlock new gear is tedious and really senseless in a game like this. You can't level up in custom and private matches. And the biggest killer: Match-making only. Why? Because it never **** works. I rarely get into a game that doesn't have at least 2 host immigrations.
    The map editor is certainly a lot of fun to mess around with. However nobody really plays on custom maps because as stated: No leveling in custom matches.

All in all if someone asked me if they should buy the game at full price...sure, go ahead. There's certainly a lot of fun to be had. It's just not as perfect as most people make it out to be.
    if you're only interested in single player anyway, I'd say wait for the price to drop.
  20. Jan 8, 2013
    I have very mixed feelings about this game. Yes its a great shooter with excellent mechanics, interesting scenarios, a very rich and well developed world, there's really no game engine or mechanics related complaints from me. I think that the story, while easy to criticize, was fairly non intrusive and provided some guidance to the progression of the game; this is not an rpg, don'tI have very mixed feelings about this game. Yes its a great shooter with excellent mechanics, interesting scenarios, a very rich and well developed world, there's really no game engine or mechanics related complaints from me. I think that the story, while easy to criticize, was fairly non intrusive and provided some guidance to the progression of the game; this is not an rpg, don't expect an rpg. However at the end of this game, I felt absolutely nothing but disappointed. For a game world of this magnitude, you end up going through only a tiny fraction of it and very seldom in any sort of truly engaging way. There are very few moments of immersion or tension, very few moments of excitement; don't get me wrong, when the sh*t hits the fan in this game it becomes very entertaining and surprising, but the problem is that this just doesn't happen often enough. 80% of the game is spent doing little rpg-element activities or simply travelling... the real guilty parties here are not any of the programmers but rather the directors and designers who just didn't make even remotely adequate use of what their development team handed to them. To give you an example; as part of the huge map, there are WWII era bunker installations all over the place, moldy and ruined and full of atmosphere; and the best way that the designers could come up with to make use of these is to put "letters" in them and tell the player to look for the letters and read them... seriously. That's just a tragic loss of potential and its one of many. Expand
  21. Sep 29, 2015
    Terrible game and nothing to do with Uplay. I have no problem with Uplay whatsoever. What I don't like about this game is that its lame. FIrst of all the protagonist you play I did not get into at all. He's like an average everyday guy who supposedly has to rise up and learn how to survive under the guidance of a somewhat westernized native who finds him on the island after escapingTerrible game and nothing to do with Uplay. I have no problem with Uplay whatsoever. What I don't like about this game is that its lame. FIrst of all the protagonist you play I did not get into at all. He's like an average everyday guy who supposedly has to rise up and learn how to survive under the guidance of a somewhat westernized native who finds him on the island after escaping some real life modern day pirates who kidnap him and his friends. It all sounds great on paper but the execution is so terrible and cliche that it made me cringe. First of all the main character is a dork.. completely unlikable. They went out of their way to apparently make him someone that the average gamer can supposedly relate to.. so I guess they made him "nerdy" or "geeky" or god knows what.. I don't know.. but the guy is annoying. And apparently it worked because 10's of thousands of reviews say how great the game is. Personally, I don't like it all and find it cliche, obnoxious, and off color. Secondly... the gameplay itself is agonizingly boring. You better have a monster of a computer because once the brilliance of the island environment wears off the gameplay itself is stupid and incredibly dull and boring. There are a *few* parts here and there that were well done (infiltrating a shipwreck was one)... for the most part wandering around the island and happening upon the same supposedly realistic modern day pirates driving around in a jeep or "hunting" wild animals was just plain ridiculous. I honestly don't know how so many people have given this game such a great review... but I assume its because they can relate to protagonist being a dork who supposedly rises up and learns how to survive. Personally I found it obnoxious, trite, and annoying. Over the years I go back to this game every so often to try to get into it and it is just so painfully boring in their sad attempts to make it so "realistic" the game pales in comparison to FC1. FC2 I also tried to get into and also found that game terrible after many attempts to get past the first hour of gameplay. Expand
  22. Jan 6, 2013
    If you have to view Far Cry 3 critically, it's biggest fault is the main character and the fact that the story just isn't very good. It's a decent game though, but things never seem to come together. Not to mention, FC3 has some of the worst boss battles in games to date.

My verdict: A flawed and highly overrated shooter, with moments of sheer brilliance. This is the pinnacle of average gaming
  23. Aug 12, 2015
    The story is gratingly awful in every way. They try to sell it as satire, but it's just pure garbage. I'd get more enjoyment out of reading bad DBZ fan fiction written by kids.

The combat is decent, if a bit shallow and repetitive. The game forces you to grind through the horrific pile of garbage story line to get to a better variety of weapons. If this game offered an unrestricted sandbox mode that didn't make you sit through the offensively bad 'story' I'd give it an 8.
  24. Mar 24, 2013
    Highly overrated game. Major parts can only be called shallow, extremely repetive, boring and unchallenging. Gameplay is mostly following the same pattern all over again. Quest sends you to new region. You mark a radio tower on your map as target and simply go there to reveal the map of that surrounding region in detail. Those towers use to be unprotected so its really boring stuff to do.Highly overrated game. Major parts can only be called shallow, extremely repetive, boring and unchallenging. Gameplay is mostly following the same pattern all over again. Quest sends you to new region. You mark a radio tower on your map as target and simply go there to reveal the map of that surrounding region in detail. Those towers use to be unprotected so its really boring stuff to do. After that is done you usually mark a position of enemy camp as target, go there, few shots with your rifle to take out some pirates. Done. Also thanks to the incedibly broken ai again no challenge even on highest difficulty. What you are left with is a fully revealed, boring region with no enemies left, nothin much to do and like 100 crates scattered around the region waiting for you to get picked up to fill your pockets. Yes and that it is pretty much it. Graphics are decent, game is pretty much free of bugs and working fine, Vaas is fun. So i can not really call it horrible. Got it for 30 Euro in Steam sale, thats O.K.. Expected it to be overated and not worth a 87% metascore before buying it, so i did not get too disappointed. Expand
  25. Jul 17, 2014
    Great environment, reasonable combat. Crashes during save a lot. Strives for immersion but then proceeds to force QTEs down your throat such that you lose that immersion. On several occasions (not just once) you mow down an army of people and then a cutscene has you KOed by a simple hit and then you have to escape (again and again). Final mission is one big QTE that doesn't require anyGreat environment, reasonable combat. Crashes during save a lot. Strives for immersion but then proceeds to force QTEs down your throat such that you lose that immersion. On several occasions (not just once) you mow down an army of people and then a cutscene has you KOed by a simple hit and then you have to escape (again and again). Final mission is one big QTE that doesn't require any skill that you've been honing the entire game. The story is good until the middle when supernatural stuff (which breaks immersion again) gets stupid. Ultimately a good game if you ignore the story and the numerous immersion destroying moments. Expand
  26. Apr 6, 2013
    This game is awesome. It really sucks you in. The outposts, the hunt challenges, missions,... plenty to do. Many people complain about the poor story but I liked it.
    So why only 7? Well, because the game had a lot of technical issues on my pc. I'm not going to post all my specs, but let me say I run Battlefield 3 with all the bells and whistles on an average fps of 80. In far cry I had to turn of all the options (like anti aliasing,...) Still got fps drops, graphical glitches and so one. From time to time it was really game braking. The game feels like a sloppy console port. No support from Ubisoft nor Nvidia. To bad, this game could have been perfect.
  27. May 31, 2014
    Best open-world shooter on the market.
    Detailed and beautiful jungle enviroment.
    One of the best looking games made. Great gunplay and many tools to play with pirates. A little naive yet very engaging story that surprisingly has a good ending. You feel like an ultimate jungle badass No crappy DLCs is a welcome change on the market Good and fun progression with animal hunting Good
    Best open-world shooter on the market.
    Detailed and beautiful jungle enviroment.
    One of the best looking games made.
    Great gunplay and many tools to play with pirates.
    A little naive yet very engaging story that surprisingly has a good ending.
    You feel like an ultimate jungle badass
    No crappy DLCs is a welcome change on the market
    Good and fun progression with animal hunting
    Good gunplay
    Very immersive
    Much wow, so shooter, very must buy. One of the best games of recent years for me.
  28. Dec 29, 2012
    Very bland but fun for a while... Cons...
    Very bland but fun for a while... Cons...
    While the game is fun it adds nothing new. It looks 3/4 years old and just shows how the current gen of consoles are holding back gaming. The voice acting is total ass, you're on an island near China but the locals have South African accents while the bad guys have mid Africans accents. You play as an American teen/20s showing the island how badass you are.
    The crafting is dull in that you just need easy to gain animal skins or plants, half the **** you can craft you don't actually need, for example, health stims... You can heal for free by pulling out bullets in your arm or wraping a bandage. Stims?... The game is easy enough that you don't even need them.
    Hunting is boring... The only animals that hold any sort of challange are bears and tigers and that is because head shots don't instant kill so you can just lob a grenade at them, failing that just run at them with a shotgun.
    The story is rather meh. As I said, you play a badass American kid trying to save his buddies. Yawn.

Pros...
    It's open world.
  29. Jun 15, 2013
    Good characters, the story was pulled off well except for one decision that Jason makes that I didn’t buy at all. Being able to take out the outposts in any manner you please was great fun, but I think this is mainly because you could avoid the tedium of cover based combat. I didn’t finish the story line, the gameplay suffered greatly in the story based missions. Mostly it was JasonGood characters, the story was pulled off well except for one decision that Jason makes that I didn’t buy at all. Being able to take out the outposts in any manner you please was great fun, but I think this is mainly because you could avoid the tedium of cover based combat. I didn’t finish the story line, the gameplay suffered greatly in the story based missions. Mostly it was Jason protecting another character with waves of pirates attacking you for some unspecified period of time. The other variant was for you to be charging through enemy lines waiting to come up against a wall of enemy fire you couldn’t tank and then we’re back to the same old cover based combat. During a story mission they attempted a stealth mission but it was just Jason following the path laid out for him by the developers. I didn’t finish this game, the gameplay just sucked too hard during the story missions. 7/10 for the fun had with the outposts, characters and the story itself not the gameplay during the story. Expand
  30. Aug 11, 2014
    What's the definition of insanity? I think Vaas knows. Without him the game would have been without taste. Generally It's an acceptable childish game. The equatorial atmosphere is great but the places aren't so convincing. I didn't like the idea of saving my friends though. A serious mysterious story with a sublime goal would have been much better. The vegetation colors are exaggerated, soWhat's the definition of insanity? I think Vaas knows. Without him the game would have been without taste. Generally It's an acceptable childish game. The equatorial atmosphere is great but the places aren't so convincing. I didn't like the idea of saving my friends though. A serious mysterious story with a sublime goal would have been much better. The vegetation colors are exaggerated, so are all of those explosions everywhere and action generally. The graphics are bad compared with the previous version which is very rich in graphics. I enjoyed Far Cry 3 but I'm not playing it again. I think I'll play Far Cry 2 because I's balanced and complete in all aspects. Expand
  31. Apr 24, 2016
    Looks nice, sounds okay, with plenty of action when I want it.

An okay game saddled with the awful Uplay. I already have a platform that the game WAS BOUGHT ON, Steam. Why do I need another platform?
  32. Jan 14, 2013
    Most over rated game of 2012. The story is by far the best part of this game no doubt. Vas is what makes this game I mean the dude is on the cover. Lets face it though once you finish him off there is nothing left to do. You grind through a story that has become less interesting although not yet bad. And once you take the forts on the island there is nothing left to do. The game gives aMost over rated game of 2012. The story is by far the best part of this game no doubt. Vas is what makes this game I mean the dude is on the cover. Lets face it though once you finish him off there is nothing left to do. You grind through a story that has become less interesting although not yet bad. And once you take the forts on the island there is nothing left to do. The game gives a good 20 hours tops of gameplay and the multiplayer is well done. However the game itself is empty and the plot is filled with holes and cliche copy paste story lines from movies. Expand
  33. Mar 30, 2013
    I didn't begin playing FC3 until mid-March. But overall I think it's a good game. I think Ubisoft Montreal clearly had considerations in mind how to make improvements over Far Cry 2 with this one. For example, instead of merely scouting enemy outposts and wiping them out repeatedly after respawns, you can liberate them for good and back into the hands of the local islanders known as theI didn't begin playing FC3 until mid-March. But overall I think it's a good game. I think Ubisoft Montreal clearly had considerations in mind how to make improvements over Far Cry 2 with this one. For example, instead of merely scouting enemy outposts and wiping them out repeatedly after respawns, you can liberate them for good and back into the hands of the local islanders known as the Rakyat (similar to the real-life Maori). Also, your guns no longer jam, and most of them have upgrades that boost their damage, ammo capacity, range, fire rate, noise reduction, and optics, whereas the only upgrades available in the predecessor were for accuracy and reliability (jam resistance). Many hunting and knife-assassination missions become available as you liberate outposts, and get cash rewards for each. Also, you can unlock Signature (Unique) Weapons in shops as you collect Lost WWII Letters, Relics, and Memory Cards throughout Rook Island. The main complaints I had about the game were that stealth was mandatory in some of the story missions. I hate failing missions because I got detected. Also, some of the hunting quests require overpowered or underpowered weapons to hunt certain animals. For instance, sometimes you have to kill a pack of Rabid Dogs with an RPG or Flamethrower, but also Bears and Tigers with a pea-sprayer Skorpion. As far as the narrative goes, there are several surreal hallucinogenic moments, as well as intense confrontations with arch nemeses like Vaas. Some moments get quite emotional, and you're forced to make decisions in a split second. Anyway, I hope I didn't reveal too many spoilers here. My over verdict is that if you enjoyed Far Cry 2 but felt it lacking in some areas, you will enjoy Far Cry 3 more. Expand
  34. Dec 26, 2012
    Well I enjoyed the game at some points but it was extreme buggy, even on my Gtx 2gb Nvidia card which should be above average, and my 8gb ram. I had constantly some bugs on the visual effects like smoke and explosions. The boss battles just sucked, there is no clear thing that you kill a guy or a horde of his guys and then kill him, all boss fights happen like in a vision where you seeWell I enjoyed the game at some points but it was extreme buggy, even on my Gtx 2gb Nvidia card which should be above average, and my 8gb ram. I had constantly some bugs on the visual effects like smoke and explosions. The boss battles just sucked, there is no clear thing that you kill a guy or a horde of his guys and then kill him, all boss fights happen like in a vision where you see daemons and crap. Well was nothing special. The graphics sucked compared to Crysis of course. Expand
  35. Dec 25, 2013
    I originally wrote a terrible review for this game and frankly I am embarrassed by it. Once I took the time to learn the game and put thought into surviving in this amazing world, I realized that it is a true gem. Everything about it is perfection; the missions are fun and creative, the environment is beautiful and alive, and the hunting and foraging for the items you need to craft isI originally wrote a terrible review for this game and frankly I am embarrassed by it. Once I took the time to learn the game and put thought into surviving in this amazing world, I realized that it is a true gem. Everything about it is perfection; the missions are fun and creative, the environment is beautiful and alive, and the hunting and foraging for the items you need to craft is brilliant. It is an environment that you can spend nearly endless time exploring and enjoying, whether it's daytime or nighttime or during inclement weather, this dynamic land will keep you engaged. This game takes the best elements of (the nearly good game) Far Cry 2 and perfects the experience. If you like open world sandbox games then you need to play this. Expand
  36. Dec 16, 2012
    This is basically the same game as Far Cry 2 except that you now have the ability to craft items such has rucksacks, holsters, and ammo packs. The graphics are great! The game play is entertaining enough for me. If you didn't like FC2, then don't waste your time. Some of the quests are repetitive, but I haven't seen much originality in FPS in several years now.
  37. Jan 10, 2013
    + Open world
    + Graphic
    + Gameplay + Multi language - No ambient sound settings, environment sound nearly mute. - No info about the many graphic options, the eye hurting pixel storm LOD switch is "Geometry" - No Loot and Hideout re-spawn. A isle full of peoples, nobody use a empty box, a empty hideout or bunker. This problem have 99% of all games inc. Skyrim. Only Oblivion has made
    + Open world
    + Graphic
    + Gameplay
    + Multi language

- No ambient sound settings, environment sound nearly mute.
    - No Loot and Hideout re-spawn. A isle full of peoples, nobody use a empty box, a empty hideout or bunker. This problem have 99% of all games inc. Skyrim. Only Oblivion has made it.
    - No endless routine side missions. A isle full of peoples, nobody has a job for you after 3 weeks. Another 99% of all games problem.
    - Forgotten Art of grass. In FC2 grass up to the horizon with wind play, in FC3 the grass spawns around your feet.
  38. Nov 10, 2013
    A total turn of events, the expectation was so high that this game let me down.
    Apart from multiplayer there's nothing interesting to be done after completing the game plot which by the way seemed to me another let down, whipping Vaas out of the frame so ungracefully just like Bane was trashed out in Dark Night
    The good parts are all there but it especially leaves the feeling of
    A total turn of events, the expectation was so high that this game let me down.
    The good parts are all there but it especially leaves the feeling of unfinished everything but the graphics, sadly.
  39. Dec 22, 2012
    I have to admit, the intro and beginning blew me away. The game was pretty, the cinematics were great and the game felt free and fun BUT after 10-15 hours later i find the game virtually boring and unplayable WHY? It's downright repetitive and enemies and wildlife spawn randomly, so the triumph of clearing an area is not there as they will just respawn with time. Crafting was cool atI have to admit, the intro and beginning blew me away. The game was pretty, the cinematics were great and the game felt free and fun BUT after 10-15 hours later i find the game virtually boring and unplayable WHY? It's downright repetitive and enemies and wildlife spawn randomly, so the triumph of clearing an area is not there as they will just respawn with time. Crafting was cool at first, but all you really need is some baggage and then you are done with it. Loot boxes are scattered randomly over the map, but loot is not worth much as you acquire guns for free as you progress anyway. Vehicles are all over the place, etc etc. Basically everything is just randomly positioned around and it's the same wherever you go. The missions are completely boring. The best thing about the game is the cutscenes and character models. Expand
  40. Dec 14, 2012
    I'll start this review by saying I haven't finished the game yet, my guess is that I'm around halfway through the main story. I'll begin by saying that this game is absolutely beautiful - if you're into your graphics then this is the game for you. Having said this, you'll need a pretty decent system to run it at full settings. Seriously, when I saw the screenshots on steam I wasI'll start this review by saying I haven't finished the game yet, my guess is that I'm around halfway through the main story. I'll begin by saying that this game is absolutely beautiful - if you're into your graphics then this is the game for you. Having said this, you'll need a pretty decent system to run it at full settings. Seriously, when I saw the screenshots on steam I was pessimistic and instantly thought they were concept art or something, but that is literally how it looks in-game. The atmosphere of the jungle setting is perfect, I feel a lot more encouraged to scout out enemy camps than in the last Far Cry game, and stalking through the brush to avoid road patrols or to hunt your animal prey is exhilarating to say the least. The upgrade/perks system is as effective as it is in any game, and helps drive you to continue on with the story to unlock new abilities, although this could be a bad point for many people who want complete freedom. The crafting system is also good, although when finding materials from animals, selling any excess items is tedious and they quickly fill up your bag if you don't keep track of what materials you need. Also, as someone else has pointed out, animals become quite useless aside from atmosphere once you've finished all of your crafting. But the atmosphere they do create is excellent, with a massive roster of animals ranging from sharks to tortoises to birds of paradise.
    The characters in the story are great and varied, and the voice acting is pretty good on the whole. Rather disappointingly, I find that the worst voice actor is the main character (the player). He seems to change his tone inappropriately and can be quite over-dramatic at times. This is probably my least liked point about the game. Another negative point is that sometimes the story doesn't really make much sense, there are a few moments where you "wake up" after missions without any explanation how you got there, seemingly just for the sake of progressing the story. Getting around the island is easy thanks to fast travel, much to the dismay of anyone who hates this feature in games, but it also encourages you to raid enemy camps to unlock new fast travel points. Driving can be quite difficult at times, the cars can feel quite floaty at times and easy to crash. Walking can be quite tedious but getting to experience the beauty of the island and the animals makes up for it.
    All in all I think it's a fantastic game and definitely worth playing, despite the few bad points I mentioned.
  41. Mar 23, 2016
    The gameplay is mostly good and it's fun to hunt, to activate towers and to level up. Rarely have I had so much fun just walking, driving and exploring a world.
    BUT: The story is among the worst **** I have ever come across. Absolutely stupid and annoying. Very cliché and I didn't connect with my character or the ones around me even one bit. I was glad when it was over.
    6 points for

6 points for the amazing open world.
    0 points for the story and characters.
    And 0 points for the checkpoint savegame system which is one of the worst ones I have ever encountered in a video game.

All in all a lot of missed potential in this game. And that might be the biggest annoyance in all of this.
  42. Feb 12, 2013
    To sum it up quickly, Far Cry 3 is a good game. Not superb, not ground-breaking, and sometimes annoying, but overall it's good. A lot of the annoyances of Far Cry 2 have been put to bed (the appalling re-spawning springs to mind), and Far Cry 3 offers a nice tropical atmosphere, a decent story, and a good world to explore. Criticisms? Well the saving system is poor (checkpoints in an openTo sum it up quickly, Far Cry 3 is a good game. Not superb, not ground-breaking, and sometimes annoying, but overall it's good. A lot of the annoyances of Far Cry 2 have been put to bed (the appalling re-spawning springs to mind), and Far Cry 3 offers a nice tropical atmosphere, a decent story, and a good world to explore. Criticisms? Well the saving system is poor (checkpoints in an open world? C'mon!), the animal hunting quickly becomes irrelevant once you've crafted your equipment, and the AI is pretty stupid at times. Also, the missions (outside the main story line) are pretty lame. It's either "hunt an animal" or "kill someone with a knife" and that's about it. Let me be clear, "Skyrim with guns" it most certainly isn't (Skyrim has far more depth). Still, it's a fun shooter overall. Only problem is imagine how good it could have been with decent side quests, a slightly better inventory and a proper saving system. Now THAT would have been Skyrim with guns... Expand
  43. Apr 14, 2013
    I thoroughly enjoyed this game. I wish I had purchased it early so I could've enjoyed along with the majority of people. The journey you take as Jason is one of the most memorable single-player stories ever created; and sure, the shooting is great too. However, I wasn't satisfied with the console menus and Uplay launcher that I had to click through. If it wasn't for the sale, I would haveI thoroughly enjoyed this game. I wish I had purchased it early so I could've enjoyed along with the majority of people. The journey you take as Jason is one of the most memorable single-player stories ever created; and sure, the shooting is great too. However, I wasn't satisfied with the console menus and Uplay launcher that I had to click through. If it wasn't for the sale, I would have definitely purchased the game through steam. Also, multiplayer was a neat little surprise too. Expand
  44. Jul 12, 2013
    This game is great, the history and the graphics are fantastic, and crafting system here is very clever, the open world is amazing too, but ubisoft has to optimize this game to make it more light, this game can be more heavy than crysis 3 or the witcher 2 and this game doesn't have better graphics than those games, the multiplayer is not working well and the single player has many errors.This game is great, the history and the graphics are fantastic, and crafting system here is very clever, the open world is amazing too, but ubisoft has to optimize this game to make it more light, this game can be more heavy than crysis 3 or the witcher 2 and this game doesn't have better graphics than those games, the multiplayer is not working well and the single player has many errors. So Ubisoft you have done a great work with this game, but you have to work even harder to put the game working at 110%. :)
    Even with all these errors (on the pc version) i continue to give this game a 9 because he deserves it.
  45. Feb 20, 2013
    The game "itself" is nice, nice graphics, nice shooting, nice combat system.
    The "elimination" that let´s u to 1hko the enemies is cool. Also the possibility to use stealth and sniping for silent attacks instead of crazy shooting makes the game enjoyable...
    The game "itself" is nice, nice graphics, nice shooting, nice combat system.

So why a 6? well, cz the game is awesome... first 3-6 hours, depending on the time u recquire to understand the game just repeats itself once and again. The scenarios become quite familiar soon, cz in the end 90% of it is just random jungle. Missions and sidequest repeats themselves once and again, as said. So is fun for some shooting, but unless u´re qutie good at repeating the same tasks and re-play the same things over and over again, u may find urself tired of it.

So conclusion: is a good game, but u may feel tired and/or annoyed soon.
  46. Feb 22, 2014
    I liked this game better then Far Cry 2, Far Cry 2 was too repetitive always the same situation shoot the truck over and over, even though this game was still repetitive it wasn't as bad as Far Cry 2.

Pros *Graphics were good, jungle looked realistic (if a little too bright) *I liked the skill system *Good music *Nice variety of weapons shooting the animals in cages to kill off the

Pros
    *Graphics were good, jungle looked realistic (if a little too bright)
    *I liked the skill system
    *Good music
    *Nice variety of weapons
    shooting the animals in cages to kill off the enemy's was enjoyable

Cons
    repetitive
    annoying animal quick time events
    game too short just 10 hours
    long bosses left me feeling sea sick
    the plane part where they attack from all sides was too difficult
    lastly animals taking 2 full magazines to kill even if aimed directly at their head was way too unrealistic

I rate this a 5
  47. Jan 9, 2013
    This is an overall well designed game with a couple annoying quirks. The graphics and presentation as you probably know by know was exceptionally done. The introduction into the game a la the first meeting with the first antagonist was very exciting, mainly due to the great voice acting. Throughout the game the main character talks, adding to the immersion sort of like Left 4 Dead 2This is an overall well designed game with a couple annoying quirks. The graphics and presentation as you probably know by know was exceptionally done. The introduction into the game a la the first meeting with the first antagonist was very exciting, mainly due to the great voice acting. Throughout the game the main character talks, adding to the immersion sort of like Left 4 Dead 2 characters who mention something about the environment to push you forward in the right direction. However Phone calls can be annoying sometimes. Another issue is the crafting. Why was this necessary? It irked me that I had to go around finding animals just so I could carry more money or hold a reasonable amount of weapons. Not to mention the menus were very awkward to navigate. The story however was intense for the beginning of the game, but dropped off near the end. All in all I would recommend you play this game, if you are not the kind to flame over minor blemishes in an overall fantastic game. Expand
  48. Dec 30, 2012
    Having felt Far Cry 1 had poor gameplay and Far Cry 2 was tedious, I was kind of shocked to hear all the buzz about Far Cry 3 from others who were also lukewarm towards the first two games. Having played the game, it certainly deserves it. The plot is wonderful, scenery is beautiful, gameplay is organic, and acting and characters are some of the best I've ever seen. Both stealth and openHaving felt Far Cry 1 had poor gameplay and Far Cry 2 was tedious, I was kind of shocked to hear all the buzz about Far Cry 3 from others who were also lukewarm towards the first two games. Having played the game, it certainly deserves it. The plot is wonderful, scenery is beautiful, gameplay is organic, and acting and characters are some of the best I've ever seen. Both stealth and open combat are equally viable and well-executed. I also think it's a neat touch that Jasons character arch and skill truly bends as the player improves at the game. That said, I find there's little variety in the open world as compared to other big RPG's, and while the game is effective in showing Jason as a true bad ass by games end, the skill tree is still poorly balanced and leaves you running from two or three grunts early in the game and yawning when waves of heavies pose no threat by the end. Far Cry 3 isn't perfect, but it's worth buying if you like action RPG's or first person shooters. Expand
  49. Feb 28, 2014
    Far Cry 4 got me hooked, great graphics and gameplay, absolutely no crashed or stuff ups and good value for money too. Unlike it's predecessor I found myself more involved with the game, the story and characters. The side quests were a waste of time for me anyway which lets it down.

9/10 Rubber cookies.
  50. Mar 23, 2013
    This game is really great and deserves its high ratings. Excellent story, good graphics and a solid survival part. Well at least in the first third of the game then you turn into a one man army which is biggest downside of the game and takes away a lot of the thrill you have in the beginning but besides it is a must have.
  51. Jul 4, 2013
    The Far Cry series is awesome, it's always been adventurous and always tried to be different from the normal games that were out at the time of their releases.
    But this one, I really can't say that, and that really brings it down. They tried to copy a CoD/Battlefield style of gunplay, and while it DID work well, it made the game a little less of it's own. They also got rid of a few things that brought me into the world of Far Cry 2 more than any other game. For one, the world was interactive, as if things could happen when you're not there. You could start brush fires that actually spread and burned lots of things. Now that's not to say this game has anything new, now the animals in the game attack AIs as if they were actual predators, where as before they did... nothing. Speaking of animals, I hated the way they used animal hides. I'm no schtickler, but I don't think making a wallet out of two different animal hides makes it hold any more.
    Well it's an okay game, and I would've put it at a 9/10 if it weren't in the Far Cry series.
  52. Feb 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I wish people would stop calling this game "Skyrim with weapons". It's not "Skyrim with weapons", it's Farcry 3. Farcry 1 and 2 had the same open-world style, with weapons and they both came out before Skyrim...

Now that I've got that out the way, this game is amazing. It is super, super fun. The graphics are great, the story is cool, the beginning intro is refreshingly original, and the villian is by far the best villian since Vergil. I gave this game 8/10 because I have to discuss the flaws as well unfortunately.

1. The biggest flaw is, the game ends! Once you're done, the side missions aren't that interesting and not many people just treasure hunt to find secret things around the map. Face it, once you've completed the game and made pretty much every crafting upgrade there is, you really miss enemies and camp infiltrations.

2. I'm being a tad critical here, but did we really need that weird, trippy initiation fight against that black-cloud demon thing? I often wonder why games do this. DMC:Devil May Cry had a similar boss fight against a digital anchor-man it's tacky and just plain weird.

3. There are 2 endings but you have no option to replay the last segment just to choose the different option, you have to play the level from the beginning.

4. Boats are included but you rarely use them which is sad, because Assasin's Creed 3's Master&Commander ship missions quite wet my appetite for more naval combat.

5. The main character is rather...inconsistent. I say that because at the beginning of the game he freaks out at having to stab a guard in the neck, and by the end of the game he is some sort of neo-nazi hellbent on bloodlust without even a smidge of hesitation when around enemies. If you don't really care for realism then that shouldn't bother you, I just thought since the put so much effort into character development in the beginning, that it came across as a little rushed and lazy.

6. That's it, the rest of the game was amazing, the map is quite large if you don't use quick travel and there is stuff to keep you busy after you finish the game, but replaybility isn't quite there. You'll probably stop playing once you finish the game.
  53. Dec 20, 2012
    A game, that with a little bit more time and care, could have been a masterpiece. The game was eye-candy in the highest settings, the storyline was gripping and the character development of the protagonist was excellent. However the AI lacked, the game becomes lacklustre and cumbersome after the completion of the story line and I found that the unlocking of weapons / equipment was far too easy.
  54. Dec 25, 2012
    Ubisoft has done a great job with far cry 3. I'll throw in a few cons and pros of game. Pros: 1. Awesome Environment: The Jungle comes to life in Far cry 3, The Animals, Rivers, & Few populated areas are well executed. 2. Gripping Story line: Far Cry 3 comes in with one of the best story lines of 2012. And its gets on a personal level too. Vaas (Main Antagonist) Pushes our hero to theUbisoft has done a great job with far cry 3. I'll throw in a few cons and pros of game. Pros: 1. Awesome Environment: The Jungle comes to life in Far cry 3, The Animals, Rivers, & Few populated areas are well executed. 2. Gripping Story line: Far Cry 3 comes in with one of the best story lines of 2012. And its gets on a personal level too. Vaas (Main Antagonist) Pushes our hero to the limits . 3. FC 3 Gave us One of the Best Characters of Video Game & That is Vaas. "Definition of Insanity" 4. Open Free World: If the gameplay was not enough for you. You've got plenty of area to discover and enemies to kill. with different levels of difficulties. 5. Combat system is pretty awesome too. You built your tree skill slowly and smartly as you progress into the game. CONS: 1. The ending of the game might not be that great. as the whole experience goes with the game. Though not that bad

2. Boss fights are a little bit let down. Boss fights are not that great. Would have worked in movie.. but not in games. 3. Couple of missions in the game were "Not Needed" actually. they game would be better off with out it. thought still fun. to play
  55. May 5, 2015
    Wallet crafting (put the money in your pockets, for God's sake). Lame RPG crap. Ugly HUD and map. Hand holding. Jason Brody. Lack of immersion. Console focus. A step backwards from Far Cry 2.
  56. Dec 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view.
  57. Dec 26, 2012
    This game is not without it's flaws. The promises of "Skyrim with guns" were nonsense (the sidequests are nothing more than uninspired grind when compared to the breadth of subplots in Skyrim), the weapons are a little samey; you find yourself sticking with the same weapon-set throughout despite new weapons being thrown at you all of the time. Also, this game hasn't escaped the consolationThis game is not without it's flaws. The promises of "Skyrim with guns" were nonsense (the sidequests are nothing more than uninspired grind when compared to the breadth of subplots in Skyrim), the weapons are a little samey; you find yourself sticking with the same weapon-set throughout despite new weapons being thrown at you all of the time. Also, this game hasn't escaped the consolation effect of games lately, the GUI is giant sized and cluttered, you are constantly being notified of the main quest objective and game mechanics you worked out 30 hours ago, the engine is badly optimised (even for my aging 4870x2), the save system is fiddly and an open world game that barks at me for leaving the mission area is laughable.

That said there is a great deal to sing the praises of for this game. From opening cutscene to the 50th hour of exploration you find yourself in a beautiful, believable world. From your clueless friends and your sadistic enemies to the pirate complaining about gonorrhea and the hired merc just trying to earn a paycheck without taking a flaming arrow to the neck. Every character seems to be well thought out.

The combat is satisfying, challenging and engaging from long range to hand to hand. The takedowns are especially organic feeling. Where Deus Ex HR gives you the ability to takedown two foes at once at hand to hand Far Cry 3 lets you kill from below, from above, with a knife, even with your enemy's own knife/pistol/grenade. The combat is always satisfying despite the draw to pick them off from a distance with your supressed .50 calibre sniper rifle. I'm really undecided on the story and will avoid spoilers in this review. It's a tough balacing act between your protagonist's growth as a character, his own personal story and the wider impact of his actions on the world around him. The former was handled very well but I'm not so sure that the latter was as convincing. None the less the key characters are wonderfully conceived and ought to be up there amongst the most memorable of video gaming.

It's a polished experience and a great deal of fun. It hasn't the story arc of Half Life or the open world of Skyrim but it's one of the better games of 2012.
  58. Dec 27, 2012
    Bonjour,,,j'étais un peu sceptique, après le deuxième épisode de la saga Far cry....qui était , il faut le dire "ennuyeux"... et puis au fur et a mesure que l'on avance, que l'on comprend le principe....c'est carrément génial....même si qq imperfections dans le game play ....c'est pour moi le meilleur jeu de l'annéeBonjour,,,j'étais un peu sceptique, après le deuxième épisode de la saga Far cry....qui était , il faut le dire "ennuyeux"... et puis au fur et a mesure que l'on avance, que l'on comprend le principe....c'est carrément génial....même si qq imperfections dans le game play ....c'est pour moi le meilleur jeu de l'année 2012.....aucun jeu ne m'aura captivé a ce point cette année.....les décors sublimes, l'aventure et le scénario de cette histoire vous tient coller au clavier de votre Pc pendant des heures.....et la chasse au crocodile , ........dément.....la fouille des corps un peu long ...mais , achetez le ... ce jeu le mérite amplement....et nous savons tous que ce n'est pas toujours le cas.... Expand
  59. Dec 27, 2012
    Yeah, it's, uh... it's an aggravating game. It's just the PC version I'm going to be going at, and I'm quite frankly pissed off to see that, in retrospect, I bought $50 for a game that at first looks good, is glorified and ultimately -lives up to it's potential.- It's also super **** aggravating to play stealthily trying to capture bases just to have it all crumble on you because the AI isYeah, it's, uh... it's an aggravating game. It's just the PC version I'm going to be going at, and I'm quite frankly pissed off to see that, in retrospect, I bought $50 for a game that at first looks good, is glorified and ultimately -lives up to it's potential.- It's also super **** aggravating to play stealthily trying to capture bases just to have it all crumble on you because the AI is **** I've lost so many points, thousands, over how **** this AI is. I've died too many times to count because they crap out reinforcements relentlessly. The graphics are great, the gameplay is good, but I just can't get into it. What also annoys me is how many times I'm jumped by a damn tiger, leopard or boar, even a buffalo which had been shot in the face over five times with a semi-automatic shotgun. The game is a **** joke and I'm glad I've uninstalled it. Good jesus. Expand
  60. Feb 8, 2014
    Pretty good game, it would probably be 9/10 if it weren't for some techincal issues... Overall good story, plenty of action, gigantic world, spent almost 50 hours finishing this one, definitly recommended
  61. Dec 31, 2012
    I have heard talk about how this game is like "Skyrim with guns". But I thought to myself, 'Isn't that basically just the Fallout games?' and I could tell from some gameplay videos and screenshots that wasn't quite right. After playing it for a while myself now I would have to say that it has a lot of similarities with Skyrim, but I think I would say that it is more like Red DeadI have heard talk about how this game is like "Skyrim with guns". But I thought to myself, 'Isn't that basically just the Fallout games?' and I could tell from some gameplay videos and screenshots that wasn't quite right. After playing it for a while myself now I would have to say that it has a lot of similarities with Skyrim, but I think I would say that it is more like Red Dead Redemption/Skyrim mix. Obtaining new weapons is not that hard, and neither is the AI. Though the AI is engaging enough that I enjoy both stealth and action encounters with them. The crafting is simple, Kill these, take their skin, voila! Though some animals take some skill to kill, and they all look beautifully done, it is a fun thing to do in the spare time of the game until you have crafted all of the items. Expand
  62. Dec 31, 2012
    A good open RPG/shooter game. Far Cry 3 really puts 'rail shooters' such as Call of Duty to shame, actually allowing players to choose how they're going to achieve their goal - are you going to sneak in, or go in with all guns blazing? It's down to the player's style of attack.

The story behind Far Cry 3 can seem unclear, but if you search around you can find-out how you ended up on the island - adding depth and further emotion behind the story. Upon completing the campaign you'll be left with your mouth open, asking for more.

There are only a few things that I can say against Far Cry 3, some of the side missions are either tediously slow and boring, I mean it's Far Cry 3, not Off-road Delivery Company Simulator. Some of the missions are almost impossible to complete on hard, but I guess that's my fault for looking for a challenge.

Overall a good game which has been inspired by other RPGs - such as Assassin's Creed. You'll keep coming back to it for a long time.
  63. Mar 29, 2013
    Awesome experience, very fun to play, it has been long time since i played a game that offers such a great solid story.. the main mission are amazing, they feel very dynamic and hyper, every mission there reaches the peak of the game, the feeling that you usually get at the end of a game is present in nearly every story-mission in Far cry 3, which makes the game much more fun and a lotAwesome experience, very fun to play, it has been long time since i played a game that offers such a great solid story.. the main mission are amazing, they feel very dynamic and hyper, every mission there reaches the peak of the game, the feeling that you usually get at the end of a game is present in nearly every story-mission in Far cry 3, which makes the game much more fun and a lot less repetitive.. also the extrapolation and side missions are so much fun.. and the stealth Technics are surely splendid..
    The bad side the crafting system is very Tight.. i owned all the crafting recipes so fast in the game.. that all the hunting i did later was useless.. though i did still needed to expand my loot rucksack/wallet..etc even after they were fully expanded.. i also hoped they gave us a bigger chance to develop an emotional attachment with Jason's friends.. and they could have explored Vaas personality even more as well they were able to escalate the story much more through Vaas, which they didn't, but in the overall the game is hell fun, with so many great aspects.
  64. Jan 2, 2013
    I have decided to write a review now that I have completed the story. Reviews made from a few hours of the game are not accurate! First, I'd like to praise the graphics. It seems a little hit and miss, but most people, myself included, experience no problems. I was able to run the game on very high setting, and the visuals were breathtaking. The character models, animations, and voiceI have decided to write a review now that I have completed the story. Reviews made from a few hours of the game are not accurate! First, I'd like to praise the graphics. It seems a little hit and miss, but most people, myself included, experience no problems. I was able to run the game on very high setting, and the visuals were breathtaking. The character models, animations, and voice acting was excellent. However, the voice acting for side missions seemed low-fi though. Onto content, the gameplay was enjoyable. I played on the highest difficulty because, as people have made blatantly apparent, the AI can look directly at you then forget about you the next second. However, the difficulty always forced me to remain creative and alert on missions. After multiple failures due to poor strategy, the succor of success was sweet. While the choices for assault never reached the complexity of games like Deus Ex: HR or Crysis 2, the game never left me disappointed when it came to combat. The saving grace here is the story. On the superficial level, the story looks pedantic and cliche. However, with a little critical thought, a complicated and deep struggle reveals itself. The dialogue of the main characters was amazing. The surreal sequences were breathtaking. After the end of the game I was left sad and conflicted as I tried to rationalize the web Ubisoft strung. Don't play this game if you're looking for difficulty, multiplayer, or skyrim-esque roleplaying. Play this game for the high quality singleplayer sequence. As a side note addressing the concerns over boring missions: the many non-essential missions are pretty short and unexciting. But the game still lies in the excellent main missions. I wish they would have added some relevant missions like in Deus Ex: HR.

Bottom line: Get the game.
  65. Jan 5, 2013
    At first Far Cry 3 seems like another hold-your-hand, 'consolized' PC shooter with the open world aspect thrown in. As you progress further all of this is removed which allows the game to thrive. I usually care very little for storys in games but this is an exception. I found myself completely engrossed into the events that took place and the characters, the game is able to synchronize youAt first Far Cry 3 seems like another hold-your-hand, 'consolized' PC shooter with the open world aspect thrown in. As you progress further all of this is removed which allows the game to thrive. I usually care very little for storys in games but this is an exception. I found myself completely engrossed into the events that took place and the characters, the game is able to synchronize you with the character you play as (Jason Brody). You share his reactions, emotions and feelings, it's that well done. Given this you can overlook the minor Skyrim-esque glitches and issues. Best game of 2012. Expand
  66. Jan 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. very good game tell the life of a guys who fell on an island and u live the amazing exprience throughout the whole game the game have a lot of great stuff to do u can hunt animals and alot of them !! u can drive cars or fly using gliders the game is so cool if ur a fps fan u will like and the game is way better than far cry 2 or 1 its really good and i give this cool game 9/10 Expand
  67. Jan 12, 2014
    Now that I replay this for the third time (the first 2 were on 360), I observe two things.
    That framerate does matter, as so the resolution. It is considerably better looking than the weaker console versions, but overall I would say that the experience is the same.
    This is a huge game, with lots of fun to be had (you hear that FC2?) and it is every bit as enjoyable as I remember it.

The second thing I noticed is how bad the writing is. I didn't realise it the first two times but while the overall story is compelling, the actual characters (except from Vaas and Citra of course) are uninspired and really speak bad written lines. The side characters are all too forgetable and while I don't like the art style of this game much, technically the characters look all alike.

Thank god, I don't have to listen to them and I can go do lots of other activities,
  68. Jan 8, 2013
    I absolutely love this game it great visually and has an interesting story. It never seems repetitive, it overall is just a bucket load of fun and I think if you haven't played this yet then you are missing out on something really special.
  69. Feb 25, 2013
    Unbelievable this game has really set the standard for Graphics and gameplay, the AI actually works like an AI, if your stalking a deer for example, you may not know it but a tiger may be stalking you, its amazing, adds a real element of thrill, the characters and voice acting are exceptional, there are some real unique characters in this game, particularly the bad ones, they are notUnbelievable this game has really set the standard for Graphics and gameplay, the AI actually works like an AI, if your stalking a deer for example, you may not know it but a tiger may be stalking you, its amazing, adds a real element of thrill, the characters and voice acting are exceptional, there are some real unique characters in this game, particularly the bad ones, they are not generic, its completely re-imagined and i love it Expand
  70. Jan 10, 2013
    Excellent game, a lot of attention was paid to detail. It's a very immersive experience, singleplayer is fun and you can spend hours exploring the island. Let alone completing story missions, hunting, crafting. Multiplayer was found to be pretty enjoyable as well. Could use some more maps however (and people!)
  71. Jan 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After playing far cry 2, I knew this game was going to be a big hit title once it hit the shelves in the gaming market.. Once I started playing the first missions of the game on the path of the warrior I was already enjoying the game almost instantly, The story line was excellent with the right balance of suspense and action that it made me feel like I was in a virtual novel which makes games like far cry 3 have that special effect on gamers to make them feel like their really their learning about the plot and the characters that are involved in that plot. The environment was lush and gorgeous that it seemed almost flawless without any mistakes whatsoever. Secondly, I love how the developers put in the skill system that can give your character many edges against the many enemies that you encounter in the environment in the game. The guns in the game fitted perfectly in the game because after all they seem the type of guns you will actually see being sold in the black market and in the hands in the pirates and the mercenaries that you will encounter throughout the game. There was no problem with the voice acting in the game therefore I have no problems there in that category.Co-op mode was something I was disappointed in the slightest to me its fun to play when you and your friends are having a gaming get-together. Overall it was a beautifully made game, but you know what they say.... their is no such thing as a game getting a perfect score. While playing the game I have encountered some few minor bug annoying problems with the game. First i would like to point out that aiming was very clunky if not shaking which really got me mildly irritated, Therefore i would recommend to lower some of the mouse sensitivity settings to the point where you think that problem never occurs with you while you are shooting. Secondly, i also found it hard to perform some of the certain take downs and also learning them. This problem i believe happens because the button key combos are not just all cramped together but also it had to be quickly executed before you lose the option of the certain take down that you want to perform. Last but not least, it made me extremely disappointed that Vaas gets killed first he should have been Hoyt because after all he was the one who killed Jason's brother Grant during the intro of the game and nearly killed Ollie, liza, Daisy, and Riley. One would think that Vaas would be the major antagonist in the story after all he is the first and major villian you meet at the beginning of the game, plus he is on the games cover which kinda makes you think he is the main bad guy. personally, Hoyt was nothing more than a minor character throughout half the story's plot even though he was sh*t disturber for pretty much all the island. Despite those minor issues I've seen in this game, it is an awesome game and it must a must-buy and should be in any gamer's collection of games. Expand
  72. Jan 10, 2013
    Farcry 3 was mildly addicting. Way better than farcry2 which was drab and boring. Crafting is simplistic and not all that great. The AI was probably the worst part of this game since they are just plain stupid. Graphics are nice, open world can be fun to explore until you control all the camps.. then it gets boring. stealth in the game is piss poor simply crouching in the grass concealsFarcry 3 was mildly addicting. Way better than farcry2 which was drab and boring. Crafting is simplistic and not all that great. The AI was probably the worst part of this game since they are just plain stupid. Graphics are nice, open world can be fun to explore until you control all the camps.. then it gets boring. stealth in the game is piss poor simply crouching in the grass conceals you from enemies which is kind of **** The animals out in the world are kind of neat, they attack enemies and you :). Vaas is probably the most entertaining character in the whole game, guy is just out right funny. The story of farcry 3 is decent but the gunplay is where this game really shines. The game is good length if you do all the missions/ side missions capture all the points you can put in some serious game time in. This is a must play IMO. Expand
  73. Jan 11, 2013
    I usually hate FPS games, especially singel FPS games but this one just bought me.
    The graphics are excellent for time beeing.
    The gameplay is amazing! has many features and things that change overtime. day/night cycle and hunting is also incredible. There were some parts that I think they could take out of the game. No game is perfect, but this gets my 9.0 score and a new user in
    The graphics are excellent for time beeing.
    The gameplay is amazing! has many features and things that change overtime.
    day/night cycle and hunting is also incredible.

There were some parts that I think they could take out of the game.
    No game is perfect, but this gets my 9.0 score and a new user in metacritic just to rate this game.
    good job!
  74. Jan 23, 2013
    Very nice game with lots of things to do. Very good story, the kill side missions get repetitive very quickly, though all the other optional stuff are very fun. I liked the crafting system a lot but i feel the could have taken it a step further. Nice combat and a lot of fun abilities you can unlock. My major complain is that they could have exploited the jungle enviroment a little better,Very nice game with lots of things to do. Very good story, the kill side missions get repetitive very quickly, though all the other optional stuff are very fun. I liked the crafting system a lot but i feel the could have taken it a step further. Nice combat and a lot of fun abilities you can unlock. My major complain is that they could have exploited the jungle enviroment a little better, when i hear jungle what comes to mind is survival and this game didn't have that. Overall a much better game than the previous titles in the series! Recommended!!! Expand
  75. Jan 20, 2013
    This game has a great story, nice, warm and pleasant graphics. Which I do not understand why people say they are not so good and a great large map to explore and admire the islands. The single player at first seemed far to easy, you would be able to sneak past anyone without getting caught and it seemed highly unrealistic. However that issue soon became less as the story progressed and theThis game has a great story, nice, warm and pleasant graphics. Which I do not understand why people say they are not so good and a great large map to explore and admire the islands. The single player at first seemed far to easy, you would be able to sneak past anyone without getting caught and it seemed highly unrealistic. However that issue soon became less as the story progressed and the enemies got challenging as well as the missions resulting in plenty of epic moments. The multiplayer is pretty average, not something special and not something to criticize although the co-op mode is lots of fun when playing with friends. The game does have lots of pros, but it has its rare cons too, mainly glitchy bugs. One bug I had came across a few times during a missions is when sometimes your AI teammate would get stuck on a object and jitter up and down, but eventually they would stop. The other problem I had noticed was the textures when it starts raining on the islands, the clouds would go black for 1 second and then to black rainy clouds. These bugs are not too bad at all and really does not affect the gameplay much at all, but it does prevent the game from turning into a perfect set. That is why 8/10 is a accurate score to give the game. Expand
  76. Jan 21, 2013
    An entertaining and well constructed open-world shooter, but it falls short in the same areas many games in this genre do. The guns feel great and the action is exciting and fast paced. Sneaking around and picking off the guards is a blast. If sneaking isn't your thing, then go in guns blazing or drive your vehicle covered in C4 into an outpost. Unfortunately, these options begin toAn entertaining and well constructed open-world shooter, but it falls short in the same areas many games in this genre do. The guns feel great and the action is exciting and fast paced. Sneaking around and picking off the guards is a blast. If sneaking isn't your thing, then go in guns blazing or drive your vehicle covered in C4 into an outpost. Unfortunately, these options begin to play out the same after many encounters. There are other various side missions including assassinations, racing, hunting, and bar games. These provide plenty of time killing and offer upgrades to your weapons or strengths. The RPG piece of character growth is simple and suffices for the tasks at hand. This game will help play out an average story line. It's unlikely that someone will enjoy finishing 100% because everything gets very repetitive. All the camps are the same and the side missions are basically repeated over and over. In the end, it's a worthwhile gaming experience and provides a fun experience. Expand
  77. Dec 28, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an excellent open world first person shooter with a very good story. The graphics are amazing and the vegetation is dense, but sometimes the island seems a bit empty. The characters are deep (particularly the villain Vaas!) and the story has some twists. The story is long and has cool cutscenes. There is much to explore on the island. You can craft things, but that is notFar Cry 3 is an excellent open world first person shooter with a very good story. The graphics are amazing and the vegetation is dense, but sometimes the island seems a bit empty. The characters are deep (particularly the villain Vaas!) and the story has some twists. The story is long and has cool cutscenes. There is much to explore on the island. You can craft things, but that is not necessary and more boring than useful. The KI is okay, the game is a bit too easy and the sounds are good. One of the best shooters of 2012! Expand
  78. Feb 4, 2013
    I absolutely loved playing the campaign. The way the story was put together was amazing. It was like a really good movie or book that you just needed to know what happened next. I actually found myself all tensed up with nervousness at a few parts. The reason I didn't give a full 10/10 was because of the multiplayer. I was expecting more. It doesn't feel like a finished product andI absolutely loved playing the campaign. The way the story was put together was amazing. It was like a really good movie or book that you just needed to know what happened next. I actually found myself all tensed up with nervousness at a few parts. The reason I didn't give a full 10/10 was because of the multiplayer. I was expecting more. It doesn't feel like a finished product and sometimes you are left wondering how on earth that guy got you when all you had time to do was turn around. Over all great game. I would have bought it for the same price just for the campaign. Expand
  79. Feb 5, 2013
    What's not to like about stealthily wiping out an enemy base or blowing it into the sky on a lush tropical Island filled with rare and dangerous wild life? Great story, crafting, customisable weapons, hidden collectibles, and open adventure game-play in a awesome location is a recipe for success. On a powerful PC this game is also an absolute joy to look at. I thoroughly enjoyed this gameWhat's not to like about stealthily wiping out an enemy base or blowing it into the sky on a lush tropical Island filled with rare and dangerous wild life? Great story, crafting, customisable weapons, hidden collectibles, and open adventure game-play in a awesome location is a recipe for success. On a powerful PC this game is also an absolute joy to look at. I thoroughly enjoyed this game from start to finish. Nothing like Far Cry 2 which I couldn't even finish, what a disaster that was. Far Cry 3 9/10 Expand
  80. Feb 7, 2013
    Once you get through moderartely-strange story there is not much else to do on the island. Other than that, and a few missed opportunities, and occasional complete retardedness of story (even when it obviosly does not mean to be retartded) this is a fine game. Definitely has its own thing going, unique enough to be memorable and fun most of the time.
  81. Feb 7, 2013
    Truely a magical experiance, you will get devoured into the story and that power of the characters personalities, now one of my favorite games ever a definite must play
  82. Feb 7, 2013
    Great game. Beautiful graphics, lots to do and plenty to see. Hunting and skinning the different animals was fun whilst it lasted but once you've upgraded everything it becomes kind of pointless. Climbing the radio towers reminded me of playing through elements of half life 2 and that can't be a bad thing. I purchased the deluxe (or whatever it is called) version and I'm not sure theGreat game. Beautiful graphics, lots to do and plenty to see. Hunting and skinning the different animals was fun whilst it lasted but once you've upgraded everything it becomes kind of pointless. Climbing the radio towers reminded me of playing through elements of half life 2 and that can't be a bad thing. I purchased the deluxe (or whatever it is called) version and I'm not sure the additional 'missions' are that much different to the rest of the game or add that much to the overall experience to justify the additional cost but each to their own. So far I've put 37 hours in to the game and I'm only about half way through. Not played the multi-player or co-op as yet but worth the price of admission for the single player game in my view. Expand
  83. Apr 4, 2013
    Great game all around. Loved it. Combat was well rounded. I can sneak into an enemy camp and murder them all quietly or set it on fire and go in guns ablaze. Hunting was fun and challenging. Graphics were great as well. A recommended buy.
  84. Feb 13, 2013
    Pros: Beautiful world to explore
    Great variety of weapons
    Even Greater variety of playstyles (stealth, action, hybrid) Strong cast of characters with is good story arc Cons: Side quests are a bit light on content Multiplayer is a bit weak OVerall: One of the best games of 2012. A huge return to the greatness of FC1 mixed with the best parts of FC2. An open world game with a
    Pros: Beautiful world to explore
    Great variety of weapons

Cons:
    Side quests are a bit light on content
    Multiplayer is a bit weak

OVerall:
    One of the best games of 2012. A huge return to the greatness of FC1 mixed with the best parts of FC2. An open world game with a great cast and great story, mixed with flexible gameplay that really gives something to any player.

Should not be missed.
  85. Feb 16, 2013
    This is a great and very ambitious game. The open world is beautiful and the game play simply feels right. A few of the main plot missions are nothing short of brilliant and the sound design is superb. The beginning of the game successfully grabs your attention, Vaas is one of the best game villains in a long long time and this is also where a few flaws become apparent. Having a greatThis is a great and very ambitious game. The open world is beautiful and the game play simply feels right. A few of the main plot missions are nothing short of brilliant and the sound design is superb. The beginning of the game successfully grabs your attention, Vaas is one of the best game villains in a long long time and this is also where a few flaws become apparent. Having a great villain like Vaas and not utilizing him in the best way possible is a squandered opportunity. They could have done so much more with him. I would have loved to deal with him and him ONLY since he was an amazing character with so much potential. The plot is unfortunately severely flawed. I know, most people don't play this game for the plot but in the beginning of the game, it tries and succeeds in involving you as a player. Jason is confused, helpless and just wants to save his friends. But with every new mission Jason's mindset and decisions become less and less incomprehensible and sooner or later the player will disconnect and lose the link to him. I found myself thinking why not do x instead of this?" waaaay to often and having a conflict with the decisions made by the protagonist is a very severe flaw. I know this is criticism on a high level because the game is actually very very good but I can't help but feel that they were careless with the plot although they have they definitely have the talent to get it right. Despite all the fun I had during my approx. 16 hours with the game, I was left disappointed by the ending and the development of the main story. The side missions by the way are instantly forgettable. Hunting missions are fun and racing missions never peaked my interest. I only cared about the main plot and the open world. The prior left me unsatisfied and the latter is gorgeous! Expand
  86. Apr 12, 2013
    This is a very fun game with lots to do. The story takes a nose dive at the end, could have been a lot better. It practically feels like a different team worked on the end of the game than the first 2/3. Although, it's still very fun. Exploring the island, hunting animals, taking over the island, it's just all very fun. The game can be played run and gun or stealth. Great game.
  87. Mar 18, 2013
    The visuals look great and the island is amazing, but every NPC sounds like he's speaking in a cup, you quickly run out of fun stuff to do, and the main problem: Vaas. Warning, there are spoilers in here! After promoting the game for almost two years with Vaas literally making him the trademark of the game they just get rid of him in the first few hours. I lost my interest in theThe visuals look great and the island is amazing, but every NPC sounds like he's speaking in a cup, you quickly run out of fun stuff to do, and the main problem: Vaas. Warning, there are spoilers in here! After promoting the game for almost two years with Vaas literally making him the trademark of the game they just get rid of him in the first few hours. I lost my interest in the campaign right after Vaas' terribly executed death, and that's when the free roam problems occured. Weapons glitch, AI is stupid and sounds very off and the worst thing: you have a wallet that can reach a limit. I remember, after completing an Assassin's Creed game, I just kept collecting money, for the hell of it, but in Far Cry there is in fact a limit, wich drags the free roam fun down in an unseen way. I had high hopes, and those hopes only got statisfaction in the first few hours of story. Expand
  88. Feb 23, 2013
    Although i don't like modern shooters, this one was better but still not even close for old school shooters. Much better than far cry 2. Animals are fun, but herbage is bit boring in my honest opinion. Also too bright graphics, crysis 1 looks a bit more realistic. View from the cab does not exist too.
  89. Nov 28, 2014
    Best Far Cry in the series so far. One of the best action games available right now. Probably the best open world sandbox shooter genre ever for the year 2012-2014...
  90. Mar 4, 2013
    I have seen many games like this and to be honest I don't particularly like them. However, this game turned me completely around!!

The graphics are amazing with the good texture and color unleashing the amazement of this game. Also the graphics run extremely well- no lag or long load times. The only small problem with the graphics is that sometimes they can be a bit too much and give you a headache. This game has a fun plot of taking radio towers enemy bases and many other missions, which is what you would expect from a game. However, this game has a map editor where you can make an island and play on it for even more fun!! Overall, this game is defiantly worth the price and recommend this game to everyone out there.
  91. Nov 23, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a good game, that most people will enjoy playing. There's a lot to do (campaign, taking over camps, exploring the map, hunting beasts, even playing poker), and all of this is worked out well. Storyline is okay, but not great.

Pro's: - Fun Campaign - Large weapon arsenal - Always something to do - Tropical setting - Online co-op - Choosing your own play-style (stealthy

Pro's:
    - Fun Campaign
    - Large weapon arsenal
    - Always something to do
    - Tropical setting
    - Online co-op
    - Choosing your own play-style (stealthy or not)

Contra:
    - Online co-op missions are somewhat long 40 mins), and you can't choose a lobby for a specific mission
    - Annoying parachute
  92. Mar 27, 2013
    Good trailer,good game but its still one more a weapon just weapon because the weapon store is too small dan far Cry 2 (no offence but its true)good story,good explore like skyrim but its not realy Realistic than Far Cry 2 you heal in far cry 3 is 3 bars its not deal in far cry 2 its just stabilize and with syrettes if character is Good on Far Cry 3 because that Jason Brody has guts toGood trailer,good game but its still one more a weapon just weapon because the weapon store is too small dan far Cry 2 (no offence but its true)good story,good explore like skyrim but its not realy Realistic than Far Cry 2 you heal in far cry 3 is 3 bars its not deal in far cry 2 its just stabilize and with syrettes if character is Good on Far Cry 3 because that Jason Brody has guts to Kill "Did i ever tell you the definition of insanity"(from Indonesia) Expand
  93. Sep 4, 2013
    I have 30 hours logged in on this game in steam, and i still haven't beat the game there is that much content. Wrap your brain around that. Its Skyrim with guns. It has a great story, and on of the most memorable villains i have ever seen who deserves to be a fan favorite. I love this game. Its woth paying for this game even if the games story takes a turn for the worst at the end.
  94. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is incredibly immersive. The possibilities, gameplay wise, are endless. The story is driven and well-written. The voice acting is of a high quality. Exploring the islands is enjoyable and rewarding. Gun-play is solid and responsive. The overall experience is fantastic. When you spend money on a game you want to get value for money. Far Cry 3 certainly delivers.
  95. Mar 24, 2013
    Ubisoft’s highly anticipated ‘jungle simulator’ Far Cry, on the Sony Playstation, the Xbox 360 and of course the Pc, maybe the greatest open world first person shooter ever. If you haven’t heard of Far Cry 3 by now you’ve most likely been not only living under a rock, but been buried 25.000 feet under a mountain on a planet in another galaxy. Well, if you happen to not know, I can tell youUbisoft’s highly anticipated ‘jungle simulator’ Far Cry, on the Sony Playstation, the Xbox 360 and of course the Pc, maybe the greatest open world first person shooter ever. If you haven’t heard of Far Cry 3 by now you’ve most likely been not only living under a rock, but been buried 25.000 feet under a mountain on a planet in another galaxy. Well, if you happen to not know, I can tell you that this game, is most likely the most beautiful, exciting, fun, brutal, action packed open world first person rpg shooter I have ever played. So far the game, for some people, is the best game of its kind, with its amazing open world, back chilling stealth elements, hard boiled action, great hunting, scary random encounters and crafting and to top it off, some of the most impressive graphics I’ve seen in a long time, but for others the game is simply a stupid ‘Rambo simulator’ with too many guns and explosions and too little survival. I can’t tell you which one is the most correct, but I can tell you that the game is one of my all time favorite games. And to top it off the game has an amazing storyline that will keep you awake for hours at night just wondering what will happen next.

To wrap it up, without any spoilers, you play as Jason Brody, who on a vacation with 5 of his friends, gets lost on a tropical island while skydiving. He and his brother is taken as prisoners by the local pirates, who run the island. They now have to escape. A long intro/tutorial sequence follow, and Jason is saved by Dennis, who is part of the Raykat, a group who rebels against the pirates. Dennis teaches you how to hunt, craft and survive in the jungle. He now has to save his friends, who are scattered around the island, while also helping the Raykat take back the island. Throughout the story, Jason matures into a fearless, unstoppable warrior, as he decides to stay on the island.

As soon as I opened the game, I was in awe of the amazingly detailed environment and vivid colors, realistic ai and quite blown away by how big the island is, but also terrified of the scary creatures who roam the jungles and the dangerous pirates who would kill you in no time if I were to make one small mistake. I had to walk in the shadows, hide in foliage and avoid any contact with enemies. The sound of a vehicle would leave me hiding behind a tree or some rocks, terrified of the smallest sound, still looking out for komodo dragons, who would rip me to pieces in seconds. I simply did not have a chance.

Then as I proceeded further into the game, and unlocked more features and grew more familiar with the game controls, I would start hunting for radio towers, which is what you need to uncover more of the map, and unlock free weapons(Who doesn’t want free weapons?), and then hunt for smaller strongholds, that I could take on without being slaughtered. I could hunt and craft, without being killed by rapid dogs or tigers. This is where I feel the game was at its best.

Then, suddenly, the game took off. I had crafted almost every craftable item in the game, and I had pretty much every radio tower in the game, which means pretty much every gun in the game. I could without any trouble take on the biggest of strongholds, and not even sweat a little. The game had become too easy, and I wasn’t even close to done with the story. I would rarely get any random encounters, because I had taken over pretty much every stronghold.

The only thing with the game that disappointed me, was how if you don’t watch out, before you notice, you’ve completely overtaken every stronghold and completely ruined the fun of the game.

The controls of the games are amazing. They’re tight and precise and the guns are responsive. In some ways the guns are Call of Duty-like with their fast, arcade-like controls and not too high recoil, but in others they are very Battlefield-like, in that they feel very heavy. All in all the guns are amazing, and you don’t ever get tired of mowing down pirates. The cover system is the best I’ve seen in so long. The way you can hide behind a wall and simply use the right button to aim, and it will, depending on the kind of cover you’re behind, either aim above or to the side.

Vehicles are easy to drive and very arcade-like, which is perfect. The cars feel heavy, as they should, and don’t just feel like you’re hovering 2 inches above the road.

This game definitely has a chance of being the game of the year. It’s an amazing game, and I recommend it to everybody, whether you like first person shooters or any other other genre of games, this is definitely worth a try. It’s definitely a unique game, with a very refined story, great features and very very, I repeat, very good graphics. The only cons is that the game might get too easy. I definitely recommend playing on the hardest difficulty. I give this game 9/10.
  96. Jul 22, 2013
    Okay, but feels mediocre on many different levels. Replayability in the single player as much as people claim, is very low. Sure, it's open world, sure it has a small-time progression system with little crafting. But other than that, this is far from something like let's say skyrim. Not that I was expecting it to be anyways. The biggest complaint I have with this game is the complete lackOkay, but feels mediocre on many different levels. Replayability in the single player as much as people claim, is very low. Sure, it's open world, sure it has a small-time progression system with little crafting. But other than that, this is far from something like let's say skyrim. Not that I was expecting it to be anyways. The biggest complaint I have with this game is the complete lack of content. People say this is very sandbox. And honestly, it really isn't And I mean that truthfully. It is not sandbox. The only thing that makes this game come close to a sandbox is it's freedom of space and it's crafting system. And that's about all of the game's extra content. Kill animals, gather certain stuff from them to "craft" things that should have been there in the first place. It almost seems like they had the game planned out, but decided to cut a lot of stuff from it for you to get on you're own.

Honestly if you are like me and was looking for a game to spend many many many hours on in it's open world doing things, you're better off buying something like Assassin's Creed or Just Cause 2, or GTA, or SOMETHING. This game was a dissopointment and I really shouldn't have gotten my hopes high for it.

This game wants to be skyrim but lacks it's backbone in every aspect.

BTW the multilayer is mediocre as hell and will drop your framerate faster than you can say "oh
  97. Jun 13, 2014
    One of the best shooters of this generation . the best thing about this game is its open world and RPG elements.Other than the main plot which is pretty good with an awesome antagonist Vaas there r side activities to be done like hunting for exotic animals,crafting , liberating outposts , side missions, mini games etc. the multiplayer is not that fun and is pretty generic but its co op isOne of the best shooters of this generation . the best thing about this game is its open world and RPG elements.Other than the main plot which is pretty good with an awesome antagonist Vaas there r side activities to be done like hunting for exotic animals,crafting , liberating outposts , side missions, mini games etc. the multiplayer is not that fun and is pretty generic but its co op is excellent.the world is Huge with awesome landscape and wildlife. this game is a must have. Expand
  98. Mar 26, 2013
    This is a fun game. That is the first thing you should know. Running around the island unlocking weapons and completing quests is worth the price of admission on its own. There are however some minor annoyances in the game. Which is why I didn't give it a 9. Firstly, like some others said the AI can be pretty bad, it by no means breaks the games, but sometimes it gets a little frustrating.This is a fun game. That is the first thing you should know. Running around the island unlocking weapons and completing quests is worth the price of admission on its own. There are however some minor annoyances in the game. Which is why I didn't give it a 9. Firstly, like some others said the AI can be pretty bad, it by no means breaks the games, but sometimes it gets a little frustrating. The spotting mechanism is weird. Also, the menus, I found the mouse controls really weird it just degraded the experience a bit. Especially in the map, where you will spend a lot of time. The weapons are a little OP, but that almost makes the game a little bit more fun. You can unlock weapon attachments which can make the weapons really good. If you actually do everything in the game it would take you 30+ hours, just the story is around 8/9 hours. If this is the only game you can buy right now I wouldn't get it (Skyrim, BF3) would be better choices, but if you want a fun experience and have the money it is worth it. Expand
  99. Apr 16, 2013
    I was a big big fan of far cry 1. Far cry 2 had many really good idea in it, but couldn't make it work for me.
    Far cry 3 is where they made it shine. Storyline is epic, gameplay is epic (a bit repetitive), audio is epic. The hunting, the fighting, the exploration, THE BASE JUMPING! So many little things that make this game amazing and a most. Took me about 30 hours to finish the game at about 90%. (I didnt really care about the last 10%, since its super repetitive and after 30 hours I had other games to play). Ubisoft really nailed it on this 3rd one. The jungle is so beautiful, and yet so dangerous. Throw yourself head first, you won't be disappointed.
  100. Mar 29, 2013
    Brigh, smooth and jungles if you like anything bright smooth and jungles. This game is a classic shooter with intreasing plot, explosions. Relatively fast gameplay. But I dont know probably I'm just not a big fan of shooting in jungles.
  101. Mar 4, 2013

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
  2. Jan 29, 2013
    Exhilarating, colorful, mindless – that's Far Cry 3 in three words.
  3. Hyper Magazine