8.3

1. Dec 5, 2017
    1 – GENERAL

Far Cry 3 is an open world FPS created by Ubisoft. It shares lots of the traditional Ubisoft game mechanics like climbing a tower to reveal part of the map, or having the chance to explore to know more about the story of the Island. Speaking about story, the plot of the game is not the best I've seen, at best is solid, but we forgive all its faults when we see that
    1 – GENERAL

Speaking about story, the plot of the game is not the best I've seen, at best is solid, but we forgive all its faults when we see that characters are well built and one of the villains is probably one of the all time greatest in videogames. Resumed, you are on vacations on an Island with your friends and you are caught by pirates. If you want to know more, just play the game.

Graphics still old even from today's standards, but I've experienced a lot of framedrops after a nVidia update, later partially solved, but I still suffer from unexpected framedrops when driving vehicles. The world is not as beautiful as in Ghost Recon Wildlands, but is still very enjoyable to watch.

Sound effects are well set together, but the NPCs have just a little amount of voicelines, so we spend most game listening to the same ones. The music is atmospheric, and it always sets a good mood for gunfights, despite that it changes when every NPC is dead, so we know when we can stop paying attention.

2 – GAMEPLAY

Most of the game fights are satisfying, guns are properly balanced and they all feel different and fun to play. We have to loot corpses and boxes to gather money to buy and upgrade weapons, but after a while they all become free at shops, so all money is only important until a certain part of the game, after that it just become useless.

Most times you can approach a mission from more than one angle, and that's rewarding. Sometimes a mission has a small difficulty spike, nothing to worry about, but you end up going by trial and error, and eventually you end up doing the mission with just brute force.

There's tons to explore in the islands, and also a lot to search and find. Interestingly enough the map is not packed full of repetitive missions that we have to do in order to develop our skills. I've mostly just done the main story and some sidequests, and I still progressed at a good pace. It took me about 20h to finish the story, I think that a completionist can take another 30h from the game, or even more, so the balance between story and repetitive sidequests seems to me spot on. Way better than actual games. Now is not common to say this, but thumbs up Ubisoft!

3 – CONCLUSION

I have three major problems with this game:

Its peak is not the ending, but the killing of the firs villain;

The best moments of the game are QTE, and that ruins the fun;

Both endings are not very inspired.

There's still some funny bugs, but none of those ruins the experience, they are just fun.

Multiplayer is still active, even more than lawbreakers, but is not very interesting.

So, do I recommend the game? OFC, it's a great game, that worth's the current full price, but is so easy to find it in a sale, that I recommend you to wait a bit of one of those.
  2. B4d
    Nov 6, 2017
    It's the best ubisoft game ever if you ask me.
    it's open world, action, creative, kinda fantasy, survival, pretty much it has everything to deserve 10 out of 10
  3. Oct 17, 2017
    The story is good, the characters are interesting, the graphics are nice, the missions are good, the guns are excellent, the AI is good, the character runs fast like it's Doom or Quake, one can run forever, the vehicles handle reasonably well. There are a few missions that are incredibly annoying, but they are rare enough to not be a problem.

A few problems that I have with this game:

A few problems that I have with this game:
    1) It can be extremely hard to see who is shooting me. I need to use the camera to tag almost every enemy.
    2) Fall damage is retarded. I'm not even joking when I say it's possible to lose 1/3 of your health by falling 5 feet. Fortunately, health syringes are easy to make, so it's just annoying. It doesn't really break the game or make it too hard.
    3) The button to loot enemies and the button to switch guns should not be the same button. I end up dropping my weapon and picking up some crap weapon because I was staring at the guy's left leg instead of his right leg when holding the E key.
    4) The dark areas can be too dark. I have some thick blinds in my house, but they still don't block enough sunlight to play parts of this game while the sun is up.
  4. Sep 3, 2017
    I had really fun playing Far Cry 3, just 1 Point less because some side-activities, often side missions or collecting relicts, feel so senseless and timewasting, otherwise hunting, exploring and crafting is really fun.
  5. Jul 22, 2017
    best game of all time best graphics best gameplay best story best villian best hero.perfect game......................................................
  6. Jun 2, 2017
    Far Cry 3 is a great game. The story is very good because you are just an average Joe on vacation. The game then turns you into a crazed killer. The villain was very well portrayed. The outposts were fun to destroy. The great game play and a great story make this game a must play.
  7. May 30, 2017
    After a simplified and boring Far Cry 2, I said to myself, I will never try another Ubisoft made Far Cry game again. But then Far Cry 3 was released and got such exceptionally high scores across the board, that I just had to try it out and see what's really going on.

Far Cry 3 looks similar to Far Cry 2. There are some improvements, but the reality is, it doesn't look exceptionally good for a 2012 game. Once again, everything in the distance is out of focus due to some strange reason and there's some sort of haze in the air at all times. Ubisoft Montreal did learn something from their mistakes though, AI is a little bit better this time around, dead enemies do not resurrect constantly anymore and they finally added a story to the game, which isn't even all that bad to be honest. They also added some innovative elements that weren't in the previous game, like hunting, crafting and upgrading abilities. Guns are OK and you are actually free to roam the map, or at least half of the map at a time.

However, under the surface, we are looking at a barely improved Far Cry 2 game. Ubisoft Montreal managed to blow it yet again with shallow execution. Hunting is little more than a short mini game, since all you do here is kill a couple of each animal and you are able to craft all the items there are to craft. The money system is just as broken as it's incredibly easy to accumulate large amounts of cash and there's nothing worthwhile available to buy with it, except for weapons. But wait, you get those for free anyway, with the help of another useless mini game, switching on the radio towers. I found myself doing only three things the entire time, liberating outposts, switching on the radio towers and doing the main story missions, which are mostly too long and boring.

Now that I've seen it, I have no idea why this game got anything but mediocre scores. I can see someone potentially enjoying Far Cry 3 as a mindless sandbox playground, but then again, there are far better options for that on the market, such as the Just Cause trilogy or Grand Theft Auto games.
  8. May 27, 2017
    8.8 - Really fun game, if you're into FPS games this is definitely one to play. With some nice graphics, Rambo style or stealth gameplay, cool music and awesome characters, this game is memorable on various levels.
  9. May 26, 2017
    I wanted to enjoy this game. I really did.
    But I got stuck at stupid, forced QTE tutorial when you are supposed to mash SPACE as quickly as possible. I tried that at least 20 times in a day while restarting the whole tutorial three times because I existed the game (you cannot save for some reason?). No matter how fast I press SPACE, I always die.
    I had the same issue with Dead Space 2
    I wanted to enjoy this game. I really did.
    I had the same issue with Dead Space 2 when you have to jump on some sort of train (if I remember correctly). It's a bug that hasn't been fixed. Forced button mashing that doesn't work.
    It's 2017 right now and they still haven't fixed this issue.Thus, the game is unplayable for me and I am rating it 0. Don't waste your money on this unless you want to gamble.
  10. May 10, 2017
    This is what FC2 should have been. Its very good game.

-Good gameplay.
    -Nice story.
    -Amazing Graphics.
    -Beautiful openworld.
    -Great machanics.

A well thought and made game.
  11. Apr 24, 2017
    short review

pros:
    - wonderful enemy (Vaas)
    - good graphics
    - massive open world
    - many possibilities
    cons:
    - story could be more intense
    - performance should be faster
    - civilians in this world felt plastic
  12. Mar 23, 2017
    this game is fantastic as there is plenty to do and will keep you enticed throughout the whole thing also probably the best Far Cry storyline also gun customisation is very good also multiple endings which is very cool and the open world is extremely fun to mess around with also the multiplayer is very fun for example the coop missions with friends and the generic normal multiplayer is very good.
  13. Mar 21, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Una aventura que nos hace sentir precisamente lo que pretende, sentir el miedo contra unos piratas e ir evolucionando a medida que pasa el tiempo y adquirimos habilidades.
    Con un villano muy característico haciendo uso de la locura y los trastornos psicológicos al mas puro estilo del Joker.
    Un mundo abierto muy nutrido de animales a los que cazar y con un gran número de enemigos a abatir que desafortunadamente disminuyen en el mapa a medida que capturamos campamentos, capturas cuyas recompensas en xp aumentan si aplicamos un factor sigilo a la operación, lo que evita que el juego sea un caos total, a menos que uno lo desee y entre a "saco" con un lanzallamas y un puñado de granadas.
    Como en la mayoría de juegos las misiones secundarías de caza, ayuda a miembros de la IA o misiones de busca y captura no son lo mas divertido del juego aunque en la mayoría de las veces no son solo excusas para alargar el tiempo jugable, si no que nos ayudarán a conseguir objetos exclusivos de esas misiones para mejorar nuestro equipo, aunque si nuestro propósito es divertirnos, el juego está repleto de lugares donde podemos ganar dinero en pequeños minijuegos tales como timbas de poker, lanzamiento de cuchillos o practicar la puntería con aves.
    Las posibilidades que ofrece a la hora de realizar cualquier tipo de acción son prácticamente infinitas, desde despistar enemigos con piedras a liberar a animales salvajes para que nos hagan el "trabajo sucio" pasando por una amplia gama de armas que están diseñadas para cada una de las situaciones pero que a la hora de matar piratas podemos usar de todas las formas polivalentes que se nos ocurran.
    La historia se desarrolla de una forma excepcional haciéndonos sentir perdidos o confusos cuando entramos a un templo ancestral o de repente conocemos a un viejo loco adicto a consumir sustancias alucinógenas. Nos hace sentir esa frustración de que Vaas (el villano) va siempre un paso por delante de nosotros y eso nos hace estar deseosos de llegar al siguiente nivel para ver en esa ocasión podemos cogerle desprevenido . Este juego tiene dos finales, los cuales desde mi punto de vista se podrían haber mejorado o incluso dar por terminada la historia en un punto anterior, aunque entiendo la decisión de poner esos dos finales ya que nuestro personaje sufre tal evolución, que pasa de ser un loco adolescente a un auténtico asesino de piratas.
    El multijugador no es un call of duty, pero tampoco creo que pretenda serlo, ya que utiliza habilidades y tiene un poco mas de importancia el juego táctico y calmado, en definitiva es una parte del juego que nos hace disfrutar y jugar con nuevas armas y accesorios cuando ya hemos exprimido el modo de un solo jugador.
    El modo cooperativo online es el que veo mas verde, lo veo bien para jugar con amigos pero no para jugar con gente desconocida ya que es muy importante el trabajo en equipo, las armas de tus compañero y el rol que coge cada uno en la misión, ademas a esto se le suma un pequeño número de misiones coop.
    Los aspectos mas resaltables del juego par mí son la inmersión en el personaje, la libertad que te ofrece el mapa y una linea de dificultad mas o menos ascendente ya que siempre tienes que estar atento a tu vida y las medicinas pero sobre todo el toque de locura que tiene este juego y que tanto nos gusta, el cual alcanza su punto álgido cuando tenemos que destrozar una plantación de marihuana y solo disponemos de un lanzallamas y un poco de música de Skrillex para quemar el recinto y llevarnos una buena fumada como recompensa.
    Los puntos negativos no tienen una gran relevancia en el juego pero aun así no está mal decir que el mapa de habilidades realmente no aporta al rol que vamos desempeñar ya que las podemos adquirir todas. La otra pega que tiene el juego es que a veces la inteligencia artificial puede resultar un poco mecánica, pero es entendible teniendo en cuenta el año de salida.

Para mí un INDISPENSABLE en tu estantería si tienes una ps3/xbox 360/pc y el mejor de su saga.
  14. Mar 17, 2017
    One of the best FPS single player campaigns I've ever played.

Pros: - Very comfortable gameplay. Aiming, running and crouching transitions feels smooth. Stealth is one of the best parts of the gameplay for me. The FOV works better than other games. - Melee kills :D - The islands and the variety of environments, caves, interiors, exteriors, on the sea, on the air etc. - The vehicles,
    One of the best FPS single player campaigns I've ever played.

Pros:
    - Melee kills :D
    - The vehicles, the fauna.
    - The tagging system and the multiple approaches to one situation. Curious how much "MGS V The Phantom Pain" ripped of even from the UIs.
    - 38 main missions.
    - Hard mode is well balanced if you like stealth.
    - Vaas Montenegro, Sam Becker and the other characters. There're no tons of cutscenes but you feel every single one of them had some good moments.
    - Apocalypse Now references and of course "Ride of the Valkyries" haha! (now I wanna play Blood Dragon again!)
    - I find the voice acting very well done and natural for the situations each character goes through
    - Visually it looks amazing for its time and even for today's standards. Again...the island the vegetation etc...The character facial expressions are the bests from all Ubisoft games. Even secondary NPC's have good care in details and it's nice the few different kind of shaders like the glossy ones for eyeballs, the more anisotropic looking for hair, bamboo etc and the standard ones. About Ubisoft...personally I hate the work about this aspect in Assassins Creed games. Of course is a different team but a different engine. In this case Dunia Engine 2 which is very optimized and works outstanding.
    It's not a con but...The only bad thing that looks completely horrible are the cloud and atmospherics facing camera sprites. The can turn 180° too easy if you break its axis.
    - Every time you take a screenshot DOF bokeh looks natural (one of the few games did this on the 7th gen).
    - Oh! I forgot the OST with In-Game tracks from Die Antwoord, M.I.A., Skrillex and Noisia, Losers and The Glitch Mob for the trailers among others. Also the incidental tracks are outstanding. Another good one "I'm Sorry" by Brian Tyler.
    - Now that I play all Far Cry 3 I can say the game is not that far from the retouched screenshots Ubisoft always make public before releasing a game (without mention the E3 demonstration)

Cons:
    - It rainned only once during my whole playthough.
    - I would love to had better side-quests. They're not bad but more of those related to the main campaign.
    - Who mapped the skills upgrades button to a "double click"? I thought the entire game skills were blocked and I ran through all the mess of explosions and bullets with only two health bars xD...in hard mode... OK, OK...mostly my mistake!
    - SPOILER ALERT! Killing Vaas before the end of the game and the lack of a cliche twist about him.
    - I can't confirm this but people say multiplayer is not that good.

Is just will say that this game is very valuable.
    Don't miss it!
  15. Feb 25, 2017
    Довольно интересный сюжет испортила отвратительная концовка (выбор даже не важен, они обе никчёмные). К тому же не дают посмотреть второй вариант концовки. Отличная идея, чтобы разочароваться второй раз, я должен пройти игру дважды 12/10Довольно интересный сюжет испортила отвратительная концовка (выбор даже не важен, они обе никчёмные). К тому же не дают посмотреть второй вариант концовки. Отличная идея, чтобы разочароваться второй раз, я должен пройти игру дважды 12/10
  16. Jan 15, 2017
    as for me best first person shooter game of 2012 also currently in the first ten. if you couldn't play , should play it. Far Cry 3 has realistic open world.
  17. Jan 15, 2017
    By far the best in the far cry franchise is far cry 3,the game is set in a tropical island where you control jason brody a guy who has lost everything,he get's his older brother killed during escaping, his friends and younger brother are missing. you alone have to master the jungle to forward on rescuing your younger brother and friends. it's like rambo as a teenager,despite....theBy far the best in the far cry franchise is far cry 3,the game is set in a tropical island where you control jason brody a guy who has lost everything,he get's his older brother killed during escaping, his friends and younger brother are missing. you alone have to master the jungle to forward on rescuing your younger brother and friends. it's like rambo as a teenager,despite....the storyline,gameplay and more importantly the soundtrack is improved than the previous far cry games and it's the best sandbox game i have ever played..P.S the car driving in this is gorgeously beautiful,fans who are looking for first person shooter,stealth and sandbox. all in one,then far cry 3 is for you.

My rating for it would be 8.9/10
  18. Dec 30, 2016
    As my first try into the Far Cry series, I found the open world elements extremely inviting and finding it very easy to become lost in the game itself as an adventurer. I'm not much a fan of the story, but found myself immersed within the environment. The game is truly unique and is worth a try to anyone thinking about it.
  19. Nov 20, 2016
    This game is the first Far Cry game I ever play. The Characters are well presented and well voiced and the story was okay to say the least.

The graphics were fairly decent and the setting has a great atmosphere. The huge open world gives you things to do. The Characters were decent and memorable.The villain is the best of the franchise. Vaas is intimidating,scary,insane and brutal, he is one of my favourites but the main antagonist is Hoyt Volker, a generic Villain(Far cry 4's Pagan Min is much better).Citra, very complicated and she is just weird. The main protagonist Jason Brody who was okay but little known background of him, other characters are forgettable. Story is decent enough and the ending was like what the f**k?

The open world gives a great atmosphere and freedom to kill bastards and grand theft auto out of it but it has limitations but who cares. The missions are fun and interesting sometimes repetitive and also the side missions are pointless. So many features. The game is hard for first time players of the game (like me) but this why I love this game so much,screaming to a monitor because I failed, I love it. The game is beautiful and polished to say a few.

Far Cry 3 is an excellent gaming experience but it has some flaws too, which they will improve later on a next game or an update, but then again no game is perfect. Far Cry 3 is best of the series, played 4 and primal(Primal is the worst). Far Cry 3 is worth to revisit and still hold up.
  20. Oct 31, 2016
    It is the best game for me ever, Graphics are great, story is great, gameplay is great. I enjoy every second of it, just like watching a good movie it's a masterpiece :)
  21. Oct 28, 2016
    Ya se que estoy escribiendo la review un poco tarde, pero de algo servirá.
    Este juego es una joya que todo jugador debe tener en su colección, en mi caso lo compré en 2016, y aun así no me ha decepcionado para nada.
    Ya se que estoy escribiendo la review un poco tarde, pero de algo servirá.
    Tiene una gran jugabilidad, es más aunque el manejo de los coches sea bastante malo, te diviertes conduciéndolos, después respecto al modo historia, he de decir que se desarrolla muy bien su trama ya que te va consiguiendo enganchar poco a poco y cuando menos te lo espera se acaba con un grandioso final, porque ese tiroteo con esa pedazo de música te motiva mucho, eso si también tiene puntos negativos y para mi el más grande es cada batalla cuerpo a cuerpo las cuales aun siendo muy importantes solo consisten en una serie de quick time events, pero a pesar de este fallo la historia sigue siendo muy divertida.
    Cuando te pones a capturar el primer campamento te sientes libre ya que puedes entrar por cualquier lado al campamento y con todas las posibilidades que tienes de capturarlo, desde ir sigiloso o ir con toda tu artillería disparando a cualquier cosa que se mueva, eso si me parece muy bien que se premie más al sigilo que a la locura.
    También puedes capturar una serie de torres las cuales al destruir un aparato que estará situado arriba del todo te completará un trozo de mapa, estas torres aunque no muy difícil de llegar a la cima, según vas avanzando en la historia te das cuenta de que cada vez tienes que pensar más que tienes que hacer para subir un piso más y eso es una cosa que creo que le falta a cualquier campaña de un shooter, a lo que yo denomino "momento puzle".
    También he probado los otros dos modos de juego, el modo cooperativo, el cual me parece que está bastante bien y más al jugar con amigos; pero creo que el modo multijugador sobra ya que es una copia de todos los shooters actuales mal hecha.
    En conclusión he de decir que Far Cry 3 es un juegazo el cual recomiendo a cualquiera (excepto si lo único que quieres jugar es el modo multijugador).
  22. Sep 5, 2016
    я считаю эта игра очень хорошая есть много причин того что я поставил 10 из 10 сейчас всё расскажу. я очень захотел поиграть в игру когда увидел трейлер как я считаю 1 часть была интересной и запоминающейся игрой вторая часть это просто громкий провал а во третья часть просто прелесть прекрасный продуманный отрытый мир отличные и весёлые задания а также есть и побочные задания то естья считаю эта игра очень хорошая есть много причин того что я поставил 10 из 10 сейчас всё расскажу. я очень захотел поиграть в игру когда увидел трейлер как я считаю 1 часть была интересной и запоминающейся игрой вторая часть это просто громкий провал а во третья часть просто прелесть прекрасный продуманный отрытый мир отличные и весёлые задания а также есть и побочные задания то есть второстепеные а также другие разные развлечения в общем все советую поиграть и получать не забываемые впечатления . Expand
  23. Aug 27, 2016
    Far Cry 3 is one of the most compelling stories of adventure on an island all to also explore the graphics sometimes leaves you speechless .
    The mobs are sometimes a bit ' repetitive
  24. Jul 30, 2016
    Recensione temporanea da sostituire non appena disponibile quella definitiva. Recensione temporanea da sostituire non appena disponibile quella definitiva.
  25. Jul 24, 2016
    I waited quite a while to play this game. My grand kids, who hated Far Cry 2, loved this game. Ironically, I thought (still do) Far Cry 2 was/is the best FPS I've ever played. It was flawed in many respects, but it ALWAYS kept me IN the world. You can get shot while looking at your map. You can look at your map and drive at the same time. Nothing was safe. I even complained aboutI waited quite a while to play this game. My grand kids, who hated Far Cry 2, loved this game. Ironically, I thought (still do) Far Cry 2 was/is the best FPS I've ever played. It was flawed in many respects, but it ALWAYS kept me IN the world. You can get shot while looking at your map. You can look at your map and drive at the same time. Nothing was safe. I even complained about having GPS and found a way to turn that off. The game did not fair well. I wonder why (as I roll my eyes).

Well, I have played FC3 and am on the south island and nearing the end of the game. I won't finish it. The game makes me fell like a grade school kid.

It's ironic that a gamer will complain about FC2 because, "the enemy can see me from a mile away!" and then love FC3 where the enemy turns into little dots running around on your mini map. And people wonder what has happened to gaming.

I don't blame Ubisoft, it's the gamers that are the problem.

This is a little kids game.
  26. Jul 14, 2016
    This game got me started on the Far Cry franchise and I can safely say that it is better than Far Cry 4.

Why? The Feeling it gives you. It makes you feel scared, alert, and on a real mission. Far Cry 4 does not make you feel that way, Far Cry 4 makes you wonder why you're here, what you're trying to do and who you are. Far Cry 3 attaches you to main characters, tells you who

Why?

Far Cry 3 attaches you to main characters, tells you who you're becoming and sets you free on a land to become that person. Far Cry 3 is the God of the Far Cry franchise, and this game deserves a remake about a decade from now. Classic game, worth every penny.
  27. Jul 5, 2016
    Far Cry 3 was one of the most interesting game I have played ever. It features an innovative gameplay (for the time when it was released), a fascinating plot, good music, and, of course, awesome graphics! If you like FPS a lot, this game is must-have!
  28. Jun 30, 2016
    Beautiful scenery, interesting and unique characters, exciting and non-repetitive plot, good range of weapons, endless amount of things to do besides the main story, fun gameplay such as killing the animals and performing take downs on enemies... idk man i could go on forever this game is great :P
  29. Jun 28, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. besides the lag and crashes on steam its simply amazing but pls fix the crashes thanks p.s. when you kill vaas I think you should be able to go back to America or take over all of his outposts and lands Expand
  30. Jun 23, 2016
    loved this game only the ending was really a let down, i cant say more without ruining the game for people but its worth a buy, strong recommendation.
  31. Jun 22, 2016
    Best Far Cry Game of the whole series. FC4 was bad and Primal speaks for itself, noone bought it.
    They made this Game greate and did bad Game after. Atleast they didn't use denuvo back then.
  32. Jun 20, 2016
    Far Cry 3 is a lovely postcard from the tropical island of Rook to any FPS fans, filling itself with blood, guns, insane pirate leaders, beautiful sceneries and a young protagonist that is able to perform a lot of incredible tricks.
  33. May 26, 2016
    This is one of the best open world games that you can find out there the game gets everything right the gameplay,the story,the characters and the open world.the game is brimming with things to do like shoot bad guys,upgrade weapons,liberate outposts etc.The best character in this game is Vaas who is the antagonist of this game and you play as Jason Brody a guy who has been kidnapped on anThis is one of the best open world games that you can find out there the game gets everything right the gameplay,the story,the characters and the open world.the game is brimming with things to do like shoot bad guys,upgrade weapons,liberate outposts etc.The best character in this game is Vaas who is the antagonist of this game and you play as Jason Brody a guy who has been kidnapped on an island along with his friends while they were on a vacation after Jason escapes the prison he meets some people who help him to find his friends.The main problem with this game is the final boss fight which is TERRIBLE because it just a lazy QTE brawl otherwise this game is a must play easily one of the best open world games of all time. Expand
  34. May 18, 2016
    This game is average , because graphics in this game is bad , but storyline is good . This game is Action , but at the moments Stealth . This game is not one of the best game of 2012 . Far Cry 3 better than Far Cry 4 and Far Cry 3 interesting pass . 6/10 .
  35. Apr 24, 2016
    Looks nice, sounds okay, with plenty of action when I want it.

An okay game saddled with the awful Uplay. I already have a platform that the game WAS BOUGHT ON, Steam. Why do I need another platform?
  36. Apr 19, 2016
    Fantastic game, way better than F .C 2, loved the story line, great replay value, awesome graphics, side missions got slightly repetitive but perhaps easy side quests and good main story line is what made it great
  37. Apr 12, 2016
    GOOD: Very entertaining game, fun to play, nice graphics, nice quality overall, like the tower/camp structure, variate approach to objectives (be creative).
    BAD: Too easy, sometime map feels empty in some areas, animals are a little to hard to kill xD, boss fights not very inspired.
  38. Mar 25, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game is painfully average. It starts off strong and sucks you into the theme easilly, but gets really dull after a short while of playing. The dialogues repeat, the activities are repetitive, AI keeps doing the dumbest things etc etc. What bothers me above anything is that the main missions force you down a specific path and doesn't tell you what it is going to be, so you're usually coming ill prepared.
    SPOILERS: At the end of the game as you're saving Riley from the airport you hop on a helicopter to fly out of the airport and escape the hordes of Hoyt's mercenaries. Riley has a pilot's licence for a plane, but he's got no experience with helis. Nonetheless he gets you off the ground and manages to manouver the helicopter. Thing is, he **** circles the airport and never gets higher than 30 meters off the ground. Know why? Cause the developers want you to enjoy the action of shooting at everything that moves (with explosions ofc). Half the time there's things blowing up on their own and the AI conveniently keeps taking cover behind gasoline barrels. Meanwhile they're calling you "The Traitor" over and over again. I'm **** SNOW WHITE! I was never part of your gang of mercenaries!!

This episode is just one example of the many bugs, braindead activities, oversights etc that put me off this game. Only chose this because I finally had enough while doing this particular mission. The whole game is a grind, and it's not even an MMO where grinding can give you a sense of purpose. Far Cry 3 is a kiddy game, it's not for anybody who expects more than action.

AND WHY DON'T THE LOCALS EVER HELP ME!?!? I am liberating your whole island by myself and I'm getting 0 help from you - literally 0. If you're already forcing me to ditch the stealthy approach and go in guns blazing, you might aswell have these guys help me out. No-one in the history of mankind has singlehandedly killed so many people as this adrenaline junkie who was mortified by the sight of a bad guy dying at the beginning of the game.

I'd go on and on, but I've come to expect this from Ubisoft's games. The games they publish are usually just eye candy and lack in most other aspects.

Kudos to the driving mechanics though. Driving around was a blast at first, but eventually I ceased to care about exploring so I just quit and did it only when it was required.
  39. Mar 23, 2016
    The gameplay is mostly good and it's fun to hunt, to activate towers and to level up. Rarely have I had so much fun just walking, driving and exploring a world.
    BUT: The story is among the worst **** I have ever come across. Absolutely stupid and annoying. Very cliché and I didn't connect with my character or the ones around me even one bit. I was glad when it was over.
    6 points for

6 points for the amazing open world.
    0 points for the story and characters.
    And 0 points for the checkpoint savegame system which is one of the worst ones I have ever encountered in a video game.

All in all a lot of missed potential in this game. And that might be the biggest annoyance in all of this.
  40. Mar 14, 2016
    This game blew me away! I didn't expect to love it so much! Great characters, great story, great variety, and I can still go back to replay this, it's so fun! Vaas is one the greatest villains in any video game I've ever played! And the story is really emotional and deep, and Jason's whole trans-formative arc is epic. Only loses a point due to a rubbish co-op campaign, otherwise, perfect 10.
  41. Mar 9, 2016
    Excellent game worth every penny of its price GOOD JOB UBISOFT. Far cry 3 is really one of my favourite games of all time back in 2012, i was so hyped for this game i couldn't wait to play this game on my pc.
    Gameplay is fantastic absolutely incredible , story is very nice but gets weird at the end,the world is extremely big, weapons are amazing, animations are amazing, performance is alright not the best but not the worst, overall the game is great it is definitely a MUST OWN!!!
  42. Feb 26, 2016
    Un jefe que está como una putisima cabra, escenarios tropicales fantásticos y una historia llena de violencia de principio a fin. Varios finales. Buena jugabilidad donde tu eliges que estilo llevar (sigilo o a saco). Recomendado 100%
  43. Jan 24, 2016
    The storyline is great. Beatifull. Awesome. I like it. Vaas? GREAT bad guy. Theres not that many great bad guys around anymore in the video game industry. The boss of Vaas? Meh, he dosen't feel like Vaas. Graphics? Great. Sandbox? Fricking awesome. I got nothing to complain abo... well actually: After you kill all the pirates on the 2 islands, theres nothing to do. There is no enemies. IfThe storyline is great. Beatifull. Awesome. I like it. Vaas? GREAT bad guy. Theres not that many great bad guys around anymore in the video game industry. The boss of Vaas? Meh, he dosen't feel like Vaas. Graphics? Great. Sandbox? Fricking awesome. I got nothing to complain abo... well actually: After you kill all the pirates on the 2 islands, theres nothing to do. There is no enemies. If theres no enemies, the game is boring. The game is over. I played it for 26 hours. Now THATS a good amount of time. Expand
  44. Jan 20, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the best open world game I have ever played. The game runs smoothly on a mid-end PC, along with nice-looking graphics. But something I disappointed about the game that the Stealth Mechanics is not important, because you can go combat at anytime and you are hard to die. It is possible to kill an entire army of pirates with a knife in combat state. Expand
  45. Jan 3, 2016
    Excellent world design with great combat. Very good environment interaction. Lots to do. Serviceable story.

Graphics: 10
    Game play : 9
    Combat: 9
    World Design: 9
    Content: 9
    Immersion: 9
    Story: 7
  46. Dec 20, 2015
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  47. Dec 17, 2015
    Gameplay : 9
    Graphics : 8
    Story : 9
    Sound : 9
    Overall : 9
  48. Dec 13, 2015
    I'm a huge fan of the series, so I was extremely satisfied with this game. The game world was HUGE. The game play essentially consists of running around these two islands (second one unlocked later on, of course), climbing radio towers, and removing signal jammers from the top of said towers, thereby revealing more of the world on your map. It's basically the exact same thing as Far Cry 4.I'm a huge fan of the series, so I was extremely satisfied with this game. The game world was HUGE. The game play essentially consists of running around these two islands (second one unlocked later on, of course), climbing radio towers, and removing signal jammers from the top of said towers, thereby revealing more of the world on your map. It's basically the exact same thing as Far Cry 4. You'll also raid and conquer outposts, which was also exactly like Far Cry 4. The main plot consisted of assisting the island natives dispose of their pirate problem, the same being those that served as your adversaries at the aforementioned outposts. You're also trying to save your friends, all of whom came with you to the island for what was initially supposed to be a leisurely sojourn during an extended trust-fund financed vacation for twenty-somethings. Ignorant of the island's pirate occupation, however, both you and your friends are kidnapped during the beginning cut-scene. Separated at scattered across the island, you must seek them all out after you inevitably escape from your captors early on.

The island graphics are awesome. I think Far Cry 3 was superior to Far Cry 4 for that reason alone. The forests of Tibet (or whatever country that was supposed to be) just simply weren't as stunning as a tropical paradise. The weapons were basically the same. In FC3, once you got a silenced high powered sniper rifle, you really did become the Great White God the developers were going for. The outpost pirates simply didn't stand a chance as you dispatched them from bushes from on-high. Obviously, you didn't have to employ this strategy. Anyway, this was a great game and I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys open world sandbox FPS titles.
  49. Nov 27, 2015
    I really love this game. I've played through the campaign mode twice on different difficulties. I really love the online mode too. I have racked up 70 hours of game play. I would really recommend this game. Sometimes Steam even runs sales on the game which makes it even better!
  50. Nov 9, 2015
    Don't pay attention to any negative review (all those don't even know meaning of Far cry)

Series was good and difficult at the time ,this one was easy and also difficult Something new how if you were trapped on and island just like in old films,You are not skilled ,you develops yourself ND FIGHTS WITH great bosses. Great atmosphere, wildlife is very real many twists take

Series was good and difficult at the time ,this one was easy and also difficult

ND FIGHTS WITH great bosses. Great atmosphere, wildlife is very real many twists take place in the game even while missions
  51. Nov 2, 2015
    hoped that, being this the third instalment of a sequel, it might have a chance of actually being something good. The only good thing that comes out of it is the idea behind it all, which is a shame. It feels and looks like you're playing and it is so repetitive... the whole picking items up and crafting stuff is confusing, boring and not very believable. You can hide but there is nohoped that, being this the third instalment of a sequel, it might have a chance of actually being something good. The only good thing that comes out of it is the idea behind it all, which is a shame. It feels and looks like you're playing and it is so repetitive... the whole picking items up and crafting stuff is confusing, boring and not very believable. You can hide but there is no cover option, which makes a whole sense in this type of game. Expand
  52. Sep 29, 2015
    Terrible game and nothing to do with Uplay. I have no problem with Uplay whatsoever. What I don't like about this game is that its lame. FIrst of all the protagonist you play I did not get into at all. He's like an average everyday guy who supposedly has to rise up and learn how to survive under the guidance of a somewhat westernized native who finds him on the island after escapingTerrible game and nothing to do with Uplay. I have no problem with Uplay whatsoever. What I don't like about this game is that its lame. FIrst of all the protagonist you play I did not get into at all. He's like an average everyday guy who supposedly has to rise up and learn how to survive under the guidance of a somewhat westernized native who finds him on the island after escaping some real life modern day pirates who kidnap him and his friends. It all sounds great on paper but the execution is so terrible and cliche that it made me cringe. First of all the main character is a dork.. completely unlikable. They went out of their way to apparently make him someone that the average gamer can supposedly relate to.. so I guess they made him "nerdy" or "geeky" or god knows what.. I don't know.. but the guy is annoying. And apparently it worked because 10's of thousands of reviews say how great the game is. Personally, I don't like it all and find it cliche, obnoxious, and off color. Secondly... the gameplay itself is agonizingly boring. You better have a monster of a computer because once the brilliance of the island environment wears off the gameplay itself is stupid and incredibly dull and boring. There are a *few* parts here and there that were well done (infiltrating a shipwreck was one)... for the most part wandering around the island and happening upon the same supposedly realistic modern day pirates driving around in a jeep or "hunting" wild animals was just plain ridiculous. I honestly don't know how so many people have given this game such a great review... but I assume its because they can relate to protagonist being a dork who supposedly rises up and learns how to survive. Personally I found it obnoxious, trite, and annoying. Over the years I go back to this game every so often to try to get into it and it is just so painfully boring in their sad attempts to make it so "realistic" the game pales in comparison to FC1. FC2 I also tried to get into and also found that game terrible after many attempts to get past the first hour of gameplay. Expand
  53. Sep 19, 2015
    No details, there already have been enough comments about that. My biggest problem: The final stages of the game somehow didn't entertain me any more; it was quite a drag to actually play the last few stages. So I guess the fun is more in the exploring. The story is OK, but at the end it just drags on in my opinion.
  54. Sep 12, 2015
    Great Graphics, Tons of action and side missions but most importantly, a beautiful open world you can explore freely. I have hundreds of hours in this game and can honestly say that its a winner.
  55. Sep 10, 2015
    Okay this game is amazing probably in my top 10 this year. The visuals are great the game play great even the characters are great.This a game i would have even bought on release.
  56. Aug 12, 2015
    The story is gratingly awful in every way. They try to sell it as satire, but it's just pure garbage. I'd get more enjoyment out of reading bad DBZ fan fiction written by kids.

The combat is decent, if a bit shallow and repetitive. The game forces you to grind through the horrific pile of garbage story line to get to a better variety of weapons. If this game offered an unrestricted sandbox mode that didn't make you sit through the offensively bad 'story' I'd give it an 8.
  57. sft
    May 31, 2015
    In praise of the undying bear

In praise of the undying bear

I really liked Far Cry but really didn’t like Far Cry 2, so I was hoping that FAR CRY 3 would put the franchise back on track. Thankfully it did. The Rook Islands are beautifully realised and provide some of the most impressive and realistic graphics I’ve encountered to date. The islands are lush and colourful and teeming with wildlife, all of which makes for a deeply immersive environment. Even if you ignored all the missions there’s a lot of fun to be had just exploring and hunting. But there are plenty of missions (almost 40 main story missions, a dozen or so side missions, plus a bunch of hunting and supply missions) to be completed. The main story is pretty good for an open world game. It’s not outstanding by any means but it provides sufficient momentum for your stay on the island and includes some pretty cool trippy experiences. Alongside the missions there are numerous items to collect, if you feel so inclined, and there are radio towers to activate and outposts to liberate. I had as much fun completing these tasks as I did completing the missions (although I didn’t track down all the collectibles -- there are just too many of them). It’s not all good however. The game has an incomprehensibly stupid save system. There is only one save slot and you can’t save at all during a mission. So if you have to leave the game mid-mission you have to start right back at the beginning next time you play. I know other games have employed similar systems but I just don’t understand why. The option to save should always be there -- you don’t have to use it if you don’t want to. I also found the looting mechanics to be annoying. Although you don’t have to wait for the prompt to activate the process it’s still too easy to accidentally swap weapons rather than collect loot. And finally, not enough dialogue was recorded for the minor NPCs, and consequently you here them repeating the same statements over and over again. These gripes aside, however, there’s little to detract from what is a great gaming experience. I haven’t tried the multiplayer options yet so I can’t comment on them. I plan on giving them a try later and will update this review if necessary.
  58. May 20, 2015
    I love this game so much!The story is so awesome!
    Why this game is awesome:
    1.Crafting system(craft syringe,bags for your survival!) 2.So many types of guns! 3.You can be a run and gun,sniper or knifer! 4.You can be stealthy,chaos-ish! 5.Cool antagonist: Vaas & Hoyt 6.Kill Animal! 7.Blood! 8.Be a ruthless killer or a reluctant hero 9.Many cool easter eggs 10.Uncover the secret
    I love this game so much!The story is so awesome!
    Why this game is awesome:
    1.Crafting system(craft syringe,bags for your survival!)
    2.So many types of guns!
    3.You can be a run and gun,sniper or knifer!
    4.You can be stealthy,chaos-ish!
    5.Cool antagonist: Vaas & Hoyt
    13.Insane amount of fun!
    14.Great Graphics!
    and many more reasons
  59. May 11, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Story driven game with breath taking surroundings. Handful of missions through the story really stood out and busted a hearty laugh of joy. A few minor bugs and hiccups occurred, mostly involving waterfalls, fire or waterfalls of fire.
    Highlights For Me:
    Have to say I had a connection with the bow. Hard to use at first at long distance but so worth it when you get the special tips. Rain fire down on outposts. BLOCK OUT THE SUN.
    The different tatu traits added a depth to the game that showed through the early gameplay. Fades away towards the end. If you collect the side items you can have all the skills by the end of the game.
    Villains make or break a game, that is a fact. You need to enjoy who your eventually going to end. Far Cry exceeds and making the villains in this game stand out. With enough insanity to make you laugh when you know you really shoulden't.
    Few minor flaws to point out:
    Character backstory was lacking. Why should I care about these people other then they are my "friends". Majority of the time when a name was mentioned I was pondering on who the hell they were. Having to go to the in-game handbook to match a face with a name.
    I was furious when I couldn't load a vehicle with C4 and ride it into a enemy outpost, jumping out before impacting and blowing the death trap. Leaving behind the bodies of my targets. But Nah. C4 just simply bounced off the vehicles or flew out when speeding.
    The Co-Op portion of this game was sadly a disappointment. Slew of glitches, bugs occurring every few minutes. Playing on hardest setting proved to be more annoying then cleaning the house. 1 shotgun blast from any direction was a instant kill, sometimes with that person appearing out of thin air. Background to characters was explained well before the game started. Something the main story was missing.
    Overall the game was great. Visually pleasing. Equally terrifying with jungle noises all around you. Screamed more times then I would like to admit when crocs would take a bit of my White Devil jungle conquering self.
  60. May 5, 2015
    Wallet crafting (put the money in your pockets, for God's sake). Lame RPG crap. Ugly HUD and map. Hand holding. Jason Brody. Lack of immersion. Console focus. A step backwards from Far Cry 2.
  61. Apr 17, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First off the story completely ruined this for me! The main character Jason brody was one of the worst choices they could have made for a one man wrecking machine(rambo on steroids).
    His brother would have been a much better choice for the main character looking to avenge his brothers death as well as save his remaining friends.
    But even then it would not be very believable/great story but i could at least stomach it.
    Game play is great for me,guns all feel great and sound great.
    graphics are not crysis 3 but very good nonetheless and i wanted to add that it should be mandatory that all games include a music volume not just a on/off mode!
    I liked the backing audio BUT it was too loud at parts making it very distracting and annoying,
    My best advice is for everyone reading this to not take my word for it or anyone elses that reviews a game or whatever but just try it yourself.
    I have found from reading reviews it is a waste of time, many time i have loved a game even though the majority said it sucked and of course the opposite has happened as well, i hated the game but it was a best seller and high rated game :/
    It all comes down to your own personal feelings and thoughts about any game because what i like you may not and what i hate you may love?
    That's what makes up each individuals,we can't all like the same exact things thats just the way it is.
  62. Mar 30, 2015
    This game is absolute awesome.The whole story line of this game is easily under stable.The visual graphic of the game is also promising.The open world that is provided in the game has each an every detailing.And there are many things to do in the open world including the missions.
  63. Feb 22, 2015
    Far Cry 3 is an open world, action-adventure first-person shooter video game developed mainly by Ubisoft Montreal in conjunction with Ubisoft Massive, Ubisoft Red Storm, Ubisoft Shanghai, and Ubisoft Reflections, published by Ubisoft for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.Far Cry 3 is set on a tropical island between the Indian and Pacific Oceans. After a vacation goes awry,Far Cry 3 is an open world, action-adventure first-person shooter video game developed mainly by Ubisoft Montreal in conjunction with Ubisoft Massive, Ubisoft Red Storm, Ubisoft Shanghai, and Ubisoft Reflections, published by Ubisoft for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.Far Cry 3 is set on a tropical island between the Indian and Pacific Oceans. After a vacation goes awry, protagonist Jason Brody must save his friends, who have been kidnapped by pirates and escape from the island and its unhinged inhabitants.Jason Brody, his older and younger brothers Grant and Riley, his girlfriend Liza, and their friends Daisy, Keith, and Oliver, vacation in Bangkok to celebrate Riley getting his pilot's license. While skydiving, they land on an archipelago named the Rook Islands, controlled by pirates under the control of Vaas. Grant and Jason are held and taunted by Vaas while the others are taken to be held for ransom. Grant engineers their escape but is killed by Vaas; distraught, Jason manages to scramble away. He is met by Dennis Rogers, an inhabitant of the island working with the Rakyat tribe to seize control back from the pirates. Dennis sees the potential in Jason to follow the Rakyat "path of the warrior" in rescuing his friends, and gives him a tatau that gives Jason the strength and knowledge to defeat the pirates. Expand
  64. Feb 6, 2015
    [opinion only about the single player campaign] Although I despise open-world shooters, the game was enjoyable. I play games mostly for the story. Don't hate me, but I 'tweaked' it a bit (well, yeah, uhm... I cheated and got a lot of cash) to avoid the nonsensical side-quests and boring activities and focus on the plot, which by no means is great, but after all it is engaging. I kind of[opinion only about the single player campaign] Although I despise open-world shooters, the game was enjoyable. I play games mostly for the story. Don't hate me, but I 'tweaked' it a bit (well, yeah, uhm... I cheated and got a lot of cash) to avoid the nonsensical side-quests and boring activities and focus on the plot, which by no means is great, but after all it is engaging. I kind of liked the change in the protagonist, who grew to be the ultimate "waria", who got overly engaged with all the bloodshed and revenge. With the supernatural elements that can explain why a regular kid becomes an awesome commando-stalker-hunter, I actually felt like I should killing all those poor people. Most of the killing was pointless, but in this one case - it doesn't matter. Get some silenced guns, get a Desert Eagle and wreak havoc! That said, there is something wrong with the shooting mechanics themselves - they're not as fun as in other FPS, but clearly, this is a personal preference. The game looks and sounds great, the voice-acting is exceptional and there are some memorable characters. Don't hesitate and follow the path of the warria! Expand
  65. Jan 22, 2015
    this is one of the best fps games I've ever played but the end boss battle is too anti-climatic. graphics are amazing on low setting,nice gun-play,there are animals in this game too. good thing they made this game. It was worth playing it.
  66. Jan 15, 2015
    The game is more stealth/adventure than action. I liked villain characters but heroes were not very interesting. The best character would be Vaas Montenegro who died foolishly and was not involved in the story that much. The story sometimes gets too slow and bores you and sometimes gets too fast and makes you upset. Rakyat people don't participate in freeing outposts and the player must doThe game is more stealth/adventure than action. I liked villain characters but heroes were not very interesting. The best character would be Vaas Montenegro who died foolishly and was not involved in the story that much. The story sometimes gets too slow and bores you and sometimes gets too fast and makes you upset. Rakyat people don't participate in freeing outposts and the player must do everything on his own. Side missions are many and useless.
    Graphics are very good, every event and place is designed with the most accuracy. You'll never get tired of exploring the jungle. There are many guns in different classes and there's even a crossbow which is very handy and stealthy. Each weapon may have some upgrades (like silencer) that you can buy from the stores. Skills are numerous and help you in the levels very much, including how to kill an enemy below you, how to kill a heavy gunner and so on.
    The game is interesting, for sure. But it would be much better if they worked on the story and characters a bit more.
  67. Dec 28, 2014
    Far cry 3 is a fun game with open world and shooter mechanics and driving combined into one game including stealth mechanics. Farcry 3 is a great game but all the characters are basically douchebags except the antagonist vaas who is great and insane making you feel on the edge, the stealth is pretty fun and all the time I carried a recurve bow so I didn't have to deal with reinforcementsFar cry 3 is a fun game with open world and shooter mechanics and driving combined into one game including stealth mechanics. Farcry 3 is a great game but all the characters are basically douchebags except the antagonist vaas who is great and insane making you feel on the edge, the stealth is pretty fun and all the time I carried a recurve bow so I didn't have to deal with reinforcements The pc port is a god and it can run on a lot of pcs and on mine highest settings constantly at 60fps and I never noticed it drop (GTX660) farcry 3 is a game that can get boring after a while though and I only did a few side missions before they started becoming repetitive I recommend you buy this game if its on sale on steam, don't hesitate. Expand
  68. Dec 17, 2014
    This game is even worse than FC2. It has a crappy storyline with terrific gameplay.

Get Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon instead. Avoid this as well as Far Cry 4.
  69. Dec 10, 2014
    Real solid action, beautiful landscapes and memorable characters are the highlights of Far Cry 3. The shooting action is one of the best in modern FPSs, and the stealth is fun. It is simple and, if you fail, it won't frustrate you. Vaas is one of the most charismatic villains I've ever seen, and yes, he has little time onscreen, but that's somewhat its charm. You are kept wondering whenReal solid action, beautiful landscapes and memorable characters are the highlights of Far Cry 3. The shooting action is one of the best in modern FPSs, and the stealth is fun. It is simple and, if you fail, it won't frustrate you. Vaas is one of the most charismatic villains I've ever seen, and yes, he has little time onscreen, but that's somewhat its charm. You are kept wondering when you will meet next. Only things holding it back are the crafting and repetitious tasks (driving from A to B, climbing towers, side quests feel all samey). But it is one of the most remarkable experiences from 2012. Expand
  70. Dec 7, 2014
    Game's ability to entertain you with interesting story and concept overall is a very important feature, and this game has it.

It's immerse gameplay is supported by variety of interactive environment, characters and weapons.
  71. Dec 3, 2014
    I had high hopes for this game, I didn't like the 2nd one, but the first one was something new and lots of fun. This one on the other hand started ok, but then it turned out to be repetitive, and I got bored tbh, even if I tried and tried to keep going. Graphics are great, hate the vanishing stuff and I had some performance issues. Can't say it's a bad game as I didn't beat it, butI had high hopes for this game, I didn't like the 2nd one, but the first one was something new and lots of fun. This one on the other hand started ok, but then it turned out to be repetitive, and I got bored tbh, even if I tried and tried to keep going. Graphics are great, hate the vanishing stuff and I had some performance issues. Can't say it's a bad game as I didn't beat it, but definitely not my type of games, and I love open world FPS. Expand
  72. Nov 30, 2014
    Great game. Story is great, missions are great, good voice acting and the main villain is interesting. Graphics are fantastic. Open world is great and filled with interesting stuff to do.
  73. Nov 29, 2014
    This game is utterly ruined by the lack of a genuine quick save. I can't keep track of how many times I died during the heat of a gun fight, only to have to reset from a spawn location, having to search out the fight and start all over again from scratch. Ruined the experience for me 100 percent.

Where are the days where video game designers actually made games with the players in mind? If I want to quick save my game (like I could in the excellent Far Cry 2), then why can't I? It should be my choice. Why am I paying for an open world game, with my hard earned money, if it won't even give the essential features I want?

On top of that, you are forced to install UPlay (Ubi's own form of DRM) to play this. If you purchased this through steam (like a lot of people have) having to install another layer of DRM is a huge pain in the ass. Way to stick it to the customers even more.

The graphics are great, the story is actually really interesting. It's a bold game, and for that, I'm giving it a 3. However, the game is unplayable for me, so I can't give it a higher score. A 3 is a solid F, and that's what it deserves.

Far Cry 1 and Far Cry 2 are still great games, and I recommend those. (I got 1, 2, 3, and Blood Dragon for 40 on steam, so not a huge loss for me). Stay away from 3 though. Obviously not made with the player in mind
  74. Nov 29, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is definitely a weird game. It will mind **** you so much and than leave you in your insanity. Just like that, like nothing happened. So we should start from the beginning. You are rich spoiled child who was kidnapped by some insane ****ed up island king of inbred tribals. Suddenly you are torn out from your dream life of parties and boredom into cruel reality. But kidnappers areFar Cry 3 is definitely a weird game. It will mind **** you so much and than leave you in your insanity. Just like that, like nothing happened. So we should start from the beginning. You are rich spoiled child who was kidnapped by some insane ****ed up island king of inbred tribals. Suddenly you are torn out from your dream life of parties and boredom into cruel reality. But kidnappers are too dumb and you and your older brother manage to escape. After short period of time your brother lays dead and you run through unknown jungle. You slip, you fall and you lose senses. When you wake up the real game begins. Now you can explore whole island on your own no matter what. You can liberate small forts on the island which will make roads safer (so they say). After liberation of some fort a car full of Rakyat, the tribals, will appear and take over the place, quoting stupid things 'till the end of time. Another thing of importance to the tribals are radio towers. If you can climb them up and destroy technical device of island king Vaas(and Vaas doesn't give a **** whole game), you will reveal a part of map and also make Vaas blind in this area. The side quests and collectibles will now show on the map too. But when you liberate whole island and explore whole map nothing happens. Not a single thank you. Tribals just don't care. And there is much more of what they don't care about. So you go and start side quests. And now some weird **** will happen. You can come across a guy who needs photos of dead pirates for his personal sick business. You will find a guy who's daughter was kidnapped by aliens and he needs to locate all of his packages. But when you do quest just ends and he doesn't give a **** about his daughter anymore. You will search for husband of one tribal woman, who thinks her husband is cheating on her, just to find him with another man. And so it goes like this, until you realize that all of Rakyat are pretty ****ed up bunch of liars and you just want to put them all down. So you will turn on to the last things you can do in this game: hunting for animals and relics. But sooner or later you will start to feel guilty for genocide of rare species, because bigger bags you make, more animals it takes. Until one point, when you need a rare animal and than you need to find a specific quest and hunt it with special weapon. So after lots of carnage you have all the bags and animals have no meaning in game anymore, except small enemies. Relics are scattered all over the island. You can find statuettes, memory cards and letters of japan soldiers from WWII. The informations on discs and letters are boring and just flat, and relics and letter spawn randomly on the island. So sooner or later you will return to the place where you took one relic, just to find another few meters further. So after a while it's boring and pointless too as all other activities. And after all these things you will return to the main story, where **** hits the fan. You will rescue all of your friends and slowly develop your "warrior" skills through some short missions of simple story. You will rescue you stupid stoned friend, who would certainly die but doesn't give a **** about gratitude after you save him. Your mean **** girlfriend, your older brothers girlfriend and at last your younger brother. And as this happy bunch you want to leave island. In this saving process you will inhale and eat so much drugs it would kill an ox but you will just walk away with a headache just to please everybody on this godforsaken island. You will please a tribal queen Citra just to disappoint her at the very end and also kill some god and island king and Rudolf's gay uncle and most evil boss German and ... and after all this ... you will be still mean **** and spoiled kid and yell yuck when you skin an animal and with big meaningless tattoo after all this ... you will stay on the island! There is no way home. No return. You will just stay there, kill bandit bosses with the knife like real Rakyat even if you rejected them at the end. You will encounter same two men patrols of pirates and mercenaries and the tribals won't still give a **** about you and drive like crazy killing their own on the roads and smashing the cars into trees. And than you will realize that this is a nightmare ... and it won't end until you uninstall the game... And still, it's not all I hated about this game, but I don't want to think about it anymore. Expand
  75. Nov 28, 2014
    Despite not being a large first person action guy, i found this game very enjoyable and well worth the minimal amount i paid. Plenty to do and great mission variation. Thoroughly recommended and looking forward to playing number 4 :)
  76. Nov 28, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is a classic shooter at its core, but there are various RPG mechanics, skills and upgrades under the hood. It’s a fabulous playing ground and one can but marvel at the wondrous ways the various elements interact with each other
  77. Nov 28, 2014
    Best Far Cry in the series so far. One of the best action games available right now. Probably the best open world sandbox shooter genre ever for the year 2012-2014...
  78. Nov 25, 2014
    I liked this game, nice title by Ubisoft (company that i dont like too much). Funny, well-staged story and nice graphics. Hopefully continue on this path.
  79. Nov 23, 2014
    The game doesn't run very well on a high-end AMD videocard (7900 series) - even at lowest settings it can become a slideshow at times (particularly while flying a kite and doing circles before you land) ... Apparently this game was tailored for Nvidia users and AMD users can pretty much go @#$! themselves. Classy, Ubisoft. I see this gem for what it is, though: if you ignore the minorThe game doesn't run very well on a high-end AMD videocard (7900 series) - even at lowest settings it can become a slideshow at times (particularly while flying a kite and doing circles before you land) ... Apparently this game was tailored for Nvidia users and AMD users can pretty much go @#$! themselves. Classy, Ubisoft. I see this gem for what it is, though: if you ignore the minor inconveniences with crafting and having to bounce back and forth for components, this is a beautiful game. It would get an 8.5 if it didn't lag with a beefy videocard. Expand
  80. Nov 19, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is the ultimate power fantasy, and I mean this as a compliment. Yeah, lots of games let you take back strongholds with bazookas and flamethrowers, but few offer an experience as smooth as Far Cry's. Combat is the perfect balance between stealth and firefighting, letting you sneak behind bushes or aim explosives at everything in sight. The hunting side quests are also a ton of fun.
  81. Nov 15, 2014
    Basically a more open-world version Tomb Raider with some key differences. First, the narrative isn't nearly so tight. Second, menu navigation, tutorials and the like feel clunky and confusing. Third, too much narrative and opening exposition. I've been playing for an hour and all I've done is shoot a couple pigs and pick flowers.

The narrative structure was executed top-notch in

The narrative structure was executed top-notch in Tomb Raider, but in Far Cry 3 it's already feeling like work because the story is just too been-there-done-that. We didn't come to Far Cry 3 for story. We came to Far Cry 3 for action and great game mechanics, and if this game doesn't start delivering soon, into the trash it goes.
  82. Nov 15, 2014
    Its a fair game, with many positive regards to nature and beautiful world to explore. I just wish the intro was less stupid and less american-like. The multiplayer is questionable, but that's understandable in this kind of game.
  83. Nov 11, 2014
    Picked this up along Blood Dragon in the last Steam sale and feck me but this game rocks! The story is great, the world just begs to be explored and the main protaganist is pure insane. A must for any open world gamers.

Also, make sure to pick up Blood Dragon if you were an 80's and 90's gamer and action film fan.
  84. Nov 8, 2014
    Great game. On the con side: some issues with scripted missions i.e. player agency taken away which comes as a bit of a surprise when your used to the freedom the game gives you in all other areas. Pros: Michael Mando's performance, voice acting and sound work, game progression, involving story and characters that are not one dimensional, a metric f*ck ton of content including half tidyGreat game. On the con side: some issues with scripted missions i.e. player agency taken away which comes as a bit of a surprise when your used to the freedom the game gives you in all other areas. Pros: Michael Mando's performance, voice acting and sound work, game progression, involving story and characters that are not one dimensional, a metric f*ck ton of content including half tidy co-op/multiplayer and the ending wasn't bad either! Great value for money game. As an aside with Ubi's shenanigans with uplay/steam and the resolution debacle of AC unity I wont buy Far Cry 4 unless or until they straighten out their priorities - Far Cry 3 was so good and so full of value I thought they actually gave a rats ass about PC gaming as well as consoles. Expand
  85. Nov 8, 2014
    I can only recommend this game at Steam's 75% off price.
    I can only recommend this game at Steam's 75% off price.
    FC3 has much the same problems FC2 had. Gameplay may have improved slightly, but its just as dumbed down, arcade and formulaic as last time. The world is still not persistent (which is important in an open world game that has some RPG elements). Corpses and loot vanish within seconds and vehicles just spawn or disappear right next to you, and so on. The usual checkpoint save system does not help here either - it does not save often enough and resets everything. The story is more engaging, but felt too unbelievable and often didn't make sense. I also didn't like the OTT drugs-debauchery-insanity-glorified-violence theme. The side-quests are mostly the FedEx variety, and among the worst I have ever seen. The game world has a bit of a theme park feel - everything is too close together (an enemy camp, friendly camp, and hunting range all in the space of a football field or two). Much of the landscape feels man-made, and no where near as impressive and natural as the island in Crysis 1. The enemy AI, which was one of the few really good things in FC2, seems to have been dumbed down in FC3, probably to make the stealth gameplay more accessible. Graphics, while ok, are clearly limited by the Xbox360 specs. Crysis 1 still looks better despite being 5 years older.

Its not all bad though: the flip side to the flaws is that the game is very accessible to casual gamers. Also, the story's ancient temple exploration segments were just as good as the best parts in 2013's Tomb Raider. A pity there was not more of that. FC3 is also a good PC port, including adjustable FOV and mouse acceleration settings.
  86. Nov 5, 2014
    I really don't know what it is that makes this game so great. From the outset, it's mediocre first person shooter with RPG like elements added in. But once played,it seems all too much more. I mean,before I get onto the actual gameplay, let's just get a few things over with. For one, the game looks better then God. Really, the game is amazing. I fell over and went unconscious for a fewI really don't know what it is that makes this game so great. From the outset, it's mediocre first person shooter with RPG like elements added in. But once played,it seems all too much more. I mean,before I get onto the actual gameplay, let's just get a few things over with. For one, the game looks better then God. Really, the game is amazing. I fell over and went unconscious for a few minutes the first time I climbed the radio tower in the starters zone. Also, the game has a pretty good story. It's a bit cliché, yes,but all the characters are likable,or hateable depending.

With all that nonsense outta the way,let's get into gameplay. It's amazing. It's vastly improved over the previous iterations,but that's not really the thing here. Jason can wield any number of rifles,snottys, RPGs,or even a bow if you so desire, and each one is unique and satisfying. Shooting and stabbing your way through enemies is great,top. But that's not the draw. The draw here is freedom. With the exeption of a few missions,you take on missions however you desire. Grab an RPG,C4, and a LMG, and play Rambo. Go through the bushes with a silent sniper. Grab a bow. Play how you want.
  87. Oct 31, 2014
    OK, Ubisoft, please answer me this : WHY ARE THE CUTSCENES NOT SKIPPABLE ?!?! Why do I have to sit and wait for X minutes and cannot just skip the boring lame animatios ?! The story really really sux, otherwise I would give it much higher score, but I could not even finish the game because I became allergic to the stupid boring cutscenes !!!!
  88. Oct 24, 2014
    First PC game for me to rate 9/10 in many years.

I first have to say that, at this point in 2014 most of the bugs are fixed and what's mentioned in bad reviews is fixed by now so you don't have to worry about technicalities. In short, it's a open world FPS game similar to Borderlands but with much less RPG elements and much more realistic tendencies. You start off as this very
    First PC game for me to rate 9/10 in many years.

In short, it's a open world FPS game similar to Borderlands but with much less RPG elements and much more realistic tendencies. You start off as this very vulnerable nobody, stuck in a jungle riddled with pirates and dangerous animals against your will with only knife and a pistol at your disposal. Combat realism is close to Crysis 3 but not as refined – as game progresses you become more powerful and thus combat becomes less realistic but more interesting and challenging. Overall, gameplay is unique and a fresh experience, once you get used to it, it’s very fun!

Story has an interesting set of antagonist but overall, it’s crap overall which is fitting for a FPS, they didn’t even bother to get emotional or anything, it’s basically just there to fulfill the gameplay. It is made up of interesting and challenging missions but often boring un-interruptible cut scenes. The main first antagonist, Vaas, could have been used much more but instead is just occasionally encountered – his appearance and (in my opinion fun) character was unexpectedly minor in the game.

Music is spectacular but rarely heard, only during action sequences, missions and occasional car radio (in game vehicles only seldom have radios).

Visuals are excellent but nothing spectacular, not even close to Crysis 3, which is expected due to its open-world nature and mild hardware requirements. If you had just finished Crysis 3 you’ll be very disappointed but game play makes up for it by far. Unfortunately, NVidia owners will experience small bugs and quirks quite often. There are also unusual FPS drops – switching to window mode and back into full screen (Alt+ENTER) fixes this, luckily it doesn’t happen often.

Gameplay is extremely fun combination of sneaking upon, going all Rambo on or avoiding enemies. It’s not as refined or realistic as Crysis 3 but it’s in my opinion more fun! It can get spooky, very exciting, fun and even quite funny at times. Game awards you a lot of points for being sneaky but you can easily finish the game in a very… um, explosive manner! If you opt out for Rambo style, game “awards” you by bringing reinforcements which means even more fun and more xp points. If you’re a stealthy assassin, game awards you extra points for various available methods of murdering enemies and staying undetected till the last enemy. You don’t have to pick just one style, there are three “skill trees” but if you play all side missions, quests and kill a lot of pirates, you can get easily all the skills. Small part of the game is made up of collecting herbs, items and such RPG style crap but time-wise it’s less than 2% of the gameplay.

The only serious criticism I have is the fact that you have to kill some animals to obtain things like a bigger loot sack. There’s even a side mission where you have to blow up “rabid” dogs with an RPG or kill a bunch with a flame thrower. Seriously? What’s next, killing ebola-infected babies with a flame thrower? Whoever made these missions is IMO a serious hazard to society. I understand if there’s an option to do something (e.g. you can murder children in some D&D games) but a mission dedicated to it is a whole new level of sick.
  89. Oct 23, 2014
    It was entertaining enough to make you finish it. And it was good enough to re-play if you get bored. And it is great to test out a new GPU or CPU. However I did not think the any of the characters where likable. Vaas was the only interesting one. But most people would rather not play as a spoiled trust fund kid doing a poor job of playing tough guy. Also the graphics were not bad. ButIt was entertaining enough to make you finish it. And it was good enough to re-play if you get bored. And it is great to test out a new GPU or CPU. However I did not think the any of the characters where likable. Vaas was the only interesting one. But most people would rather not play as a spoiled trust fund kid doing a poor job of playing tough guy. Also the graphics were not bad. But they were not as near as good as advertised. But the AAA on the PC version did clear it up a lot. Honestly it was not bad. But many things in the game could have been much better. You can tell it was pretty much Far Cry 2's engine with a texture upgrade and a new map and new story. And I will not be surprised to see Far Cry 4 with the same engine. But do not get me wrong It is not a bad engine. And there is nothing wrong with reusing a game engine as long as it stays with today's standards. But I think they could have done better with the texture upgrade. And surely the writers could have done better than a trust fund kid as the main character! So I give it a 4 out of 10. And I think a 4 out of 10 is more than fair for this game. The prices for games now is way too high and this game was no exception. This is another reason for my score. And the cost of the game should always reflect the review score if the reviewer is being honest. Expand
  90. Oct 23, 2014
    This game really set the bar high for any possible successors. Took the best things from Far Cry 2 and improved on it. Ubisoft really listened to their fan base. Played this game 3 times and I'm still going.
  91. Oct 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I found this game to be an outrageous disappointment. It has all the ingredients for excellence that are swamped in a terrible plot line, unpleasant user interface and a 'final boss' who is defeated by a quick time event. The question I kept asking myself throughout was 'why aren't I playing Just Cause 2?', the plotline is also awful but at least the means you are given to explore the world are a lot more engaging. Here is a cold clinical list of why I believe the plotline is awful.

1. At no point does Jason question anything that is going on. He doesn't ask whom Dennis is, whom Citra is, why they care about him, and despite personal tragedy he is very quick to abandon his girlfriend ,family and friends for this lifestyle that he has been living in for less than a week.

2. Contrived plot drivers - I stared at a man from a chopper for around 5 seconds while he armed an RPG and then fired at me. Why didn't I just shoot him? I survive because Vaas, the psychotic killer shoots me only once, and happens to hit a lighter in my pocket, how cliché, in terms of plot clichés that is one rung up from 'and it was all a dream'. I have to fight Buck with a knife despite holding a submachine gun seconds prior. Hoyt, with just one guard comes to see me and Sam after beating up Riley. Why didn't Sam armed with a knife just kill him then? Why don't I snipe the guy through his window? Why don't I fire an RPG at him through the window?

3. Filler. 'Collect the compass pieces to get a knife for a guy you immediately kill and then no explanation is really made about how this relates to anything...' This section constituted a good chunk of plotline wherein nothing was actually happening. I guess it's trying to deliver some of the lore of the island but I'd already stopped caring by this point. Buck is unarmed - why does Jason not just kneecap the idiot and torture his friend's location out of him?

Aside from this, the game is painfully easy. Very quickly you are inundated with too much ammo, free weapons and more money than you can carry. I played on hard mode and didn't need to employ any tactics whatsoever. I began using stealth, but I realised that it was just quicker to walk around with an LMG shooting at people because dying is pretty hard to do if you've got enough medicine.

The game only comes alive when you avoid doing any missions and you can pretend that your character isn't such an annoying dullard. I got a kick from locating the radio tower and then liberating the outposts while exploring the terrain, skinning the animals etc. Alot of good gameplay elements are there but are left to fall by the wayside as the abomination of the main plotline looms over you in the guise of a textbox that pops up in the top lefthand corner reminding you to 'Do an arbitrary thing or Explore the Island'.

This game is initially very fun and if I had been writing this after a couple of hours of playing it I would have given it an 8 or a 9 out of 10. The problem is that after a great opening sequence, everything goes Doolally. Your character undergoes a seismic shift from a compelling scared holiday-goer to a massive 'insert expletive of choice here' hellbent on revenge all of a sudden as opposed to going back home with his friends who seem to be the only ones with a functioning sense of proportion. The user interface kills the immersion which would otherwise I think set the game apart, the unvaried terrain - although pretty, gets rather boring after a time, the only NPCs that don't come across as psychopaths are Jason's friends whom, he eventually decides aren't hallucinogenic enough for him. My recommendation would be to just pick up a copy of Just Cause 2 or if you've already played it just play it again because you'll have a much more rewarding experience.
  92. Oct 16, 2014
    For me it's one of my favourite games. It was awesome. Do you still remember all of these hereos in this game? Yes I do. Great soundrack anyway. Huge map, You can play it your own way. You play it how long you want. Great graphic. I really glad that I could try this game.
  93. Oct 13, 2014
    They basically took all the gameplay elements of an Assassin's Creed game and adapted them for Far Cry. Towers in Assassin's Creed become camps in Far Cry. Viewpoints become radio towers. Swan diving into a hay stack becomes ziplining. And it works. It's simple and keeps you coming back.

The shooting mechanics and animations are fantastic. The crafting, the tattoo system, the weapon upgrading, it all works wonderfully. And there is plenty of content. And co-op which I haven't yet tried.

The story is very good despite not making sense most of the time. The voice acting is excellent for the most part, however the islanders all have the same **** voice and look identical. Story takes about 20-30 hours depending on how fast you go. The soundtrack (composed by Brian Tyler) is amazing.

Unfortunately there's Uplay, and parts of the game don't look that great thanks to the last-gen potatoes. Strangely, I had trouble maintaining 60 fps at higher than Medium settings, but MSAA and High textures weren't a problem. Noticed some occasional stuttering for whatever reason, but nothing too bad. Vsync was a little finicky.

I do wish there was a little more to Far Cry 3. The gameplay design felt very conservative and tried-and-true. I would like to see some new things in Far Cry 4.
  94. Oct 5, 2014
    Pretty good game, specially with a good PC as most of the views of the island are beautiful at high definition rate.
    This game is a classic but good FPS to play with.
    Do not hesitate when you see special offers for this game.
  95. Oct 4, 2014
    Requires Uplay. No more need be said, but:

Requires Uplay. No more need be said, but:

I cannot access the game because I do not maintain a Uplay account. I do not maintain a Uplay account because I don't want to go down the rabbit hole of bloating my hard drive with a new DRM/rootkit/spyware application for every developer and publisher attached to every game I own -- nor do I want to burn my resources opening a game inside of a DRM environment inside of a DRM environment inside of...

I maintain a Steam account. Steam verified my purchase. Ubisoft has my money; I have no game. Because I refuse to pay for the "privilege" of helping Ubisoft to use Steam as a platform to bolster their direct competition with Steam.
  96. Sep 27, 2014
    A 2 year old game that still look's better then every game till date! The story is grate and the Wildlife is **** amazing!

con: Uplay is still the reason for Japan's high suicide rate!
  97. Sep 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the biggest letdowns of all times for me. I've been waiting for this game for a long time, hoping it would at least meet its predecessor (FC2), which I completely dig and is one of my fav shooter games of all times. But almost everything good from FC2 dissapeared and was instead replaced by totally generic content from nowadays FPSs. First of all, the environment is boring as hell, no characteristic locations whatsoever, all the places feel the same. You dont have any background either, no home or something, so you feel like homeless, still drifting through generic terrain. In comparison with FC2's rich places the design of FC3 feels like a joke. Jungle is everywhere, no differences in environment. You dont even know what time it is, sleeping was removed too. Safehouse is just a building where is box with all the guns usually, this approach isnt forcing you to think ahead at all.
    There is no difficulty in the game from the beginning whatsoever, no hard struggle to obtain weapons, instead you can have access to powerful weapons in an hour by simply going to some transmitters.
    Plus you can make various baggages that allow you to carry more weight than a truck, and yet run like a Usain Bolton around the jungle. The difficulty drastically changes at second half of game, where youre zerged by millions of troopers suddenly and usually dont have any time to think about something else than shooting,reloading and healing.
    The guns can be modified, but I would expect much bigger range of equipment, instead for example assault rifles have usually 3 scopes, which are basically the same, no close/range vs long range assault modifications and so on. Guns do not degrade either, that totally took away realism. Loved when in FC2 the gun jammed, reminding you that you should care about your weapons. Now you can swim two hours in salty water and your machinegun will be still like new. sad.
    Main character of the single player feels like a joke. Sure, I can see some 20 year old dude that came on an island with friends leading some tribe after like a week, shoot sniper rifle like a pro, blowing stuff with C4. Give a machinegun to an average 20 year-old and he will probably shoot himself to a leg accidentaly in like 5 minutes. some ex-pat would be ok, but this? hahaha please. plus he talks all the time, which I almost every time regret.
    Movement is strange, you cant climb things that in reality you would have no problem with, but you have no trouble jumping from falling bridges onto rock floors, climb roots, balance ledges on rusty towers and so on. Plus when you jump from a rock thats little higher than you, you usualy lose more health than if someone shoots you with machinegun. All the time you have to tap some keys or mouse for various actions or cutscenes.
    Missions usually tell you what to do, there is no space for tactical approach and different styles of playing. Also there are tons of cutscenes, for example when you hold flamethrower, then comes a dog around a corner, thrower dissapears and dog jumps at you, forcing you to take knife and stab him. Great, why do I even carry the damn flamethrower.
    The only thing I kinda enjoyed were some characters, Vaas and Buck are nice pair of sadistic maniacs. If you like average shooter, go for it, if you expect some character and new approach from a game, avoid this game.
  98. Sep 21, 2014
    Great story line and awesome game experience. The game itself is quite challenging but never let me down to finish it till the end. I always love the open world concept throughout the game. The visual is stunning and the island environment was convincing.

Unfortunately, there are few things that can be improved, first, when I play on the mission, I cant run from it or I will failed the mission itself. Thus, I prefer that I can run from any mission and redo it whenever I want.

Secondly, in any of the difficult mission, once you reach at one of its checkpoint and died during the mission, let say, you just passed through the cave (first checkpoint) and reach the second checkpoint but at this checkpoint, you died being shot by random soldiers. When I was re-spawn or reborn ed which is at the last checkpoint (second checkpoint), the soldiers that hit me was gone. I thought it was glitches but it happened for few times. Hope someone can do something upon this matter.

But overall, the game was great and no regret to spend your 25 hours to play it.
  99. Sep 16, 2014
    Perfect. It has all what you wants: Graphics, story, gameplay. Ther has no week points you see it where you see it is awesome. You can die from a shot, or you can be atacked by a tiger or a shark. You will never remember all the map for his extending. Its **** huge. Perfect game
  100. Sep 16, 2014
    An amazing game, really fun to play, and with outstanding graphics. The controls are really enjoyable, and the history has some flaws, but Vaas character is simply one of the best villains of all game history.
  101. Jan 31, 2013
    I got this game recently for my birthday and I've been loving every minute of it. The story has depth, stealth mechanics are brilliant, built-in cover system is fantastic. The game is visually stunning, making anything from cave exploration to hang gliding an incredible experience. I liked that taking over the outposts was fun, that you could do it however you wanted, whether it be rushingI got this game recently for my birthday and I've been loving every minute of it. The story has depth, stealth mechanics are brilliant, built-in cover system is fantastic. The game is visually stunning, making anything from cave exploration to hang gliding an incredible experience. I liked that taking over the outposts was fun, that you could do it however you wanted, whether it be rushing in guns blazing (which will result in reinforcements and maybe death) or sneak in, disable the alarm, not a sound. I am glad it's back to the island environment as I hugely enjoyed Far Cry 1. In conclusion, this game is easily worth its price on steam. Or anywhere! Collapse

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
  2. Jan 29, 2013
    Exhilarating, colorful, mindless – that's Far Cry 3 in three words.
  3. Hyper Magazine