8.2

1. May 5, 2015
    Wallet crafting (put the money in your pockets, for God's sake). Lame RPG crap. Ugly HUD and map. Hand holding. Jason Brody. Lack of immersion. Console focus. A step backwards from Far Cry 2.
  2. Apr 17, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First off the story completely ruined this for me! The main character Jason brody was one of the worst choices they could have made for a one man wrecking machine(rambo on steroids).
    His brother would have been a much better choice for the main character looking to avenge his brothers death as well as save his remaining friends.
    But even then it would not be very believable/great story but i could at least stomach it.
    Game play is great for me,guns all feel great and sound great.
    graphics are not crysis 3 but very good nonetheless and i wanted to add that it should be mandatory that all games include a music volume not just a on/off mode!
    I liked the backing audio BUT it was too loud at parts making it very distracting and annoying,
    My best advice is for everyone reading this to not take my word for it or anyone elses that reviews a game or whatever but just try it yourself.
    I have found from reading reviews it is a waste of time, many time i have loved a game even though the majority said it sucked and of course the opposite has happened as well, i hated the game but it was a best seller and high rated game :/
    It all comes down to your own personal feelings and thoughts about any game because what i like you may not and what i hate you may love?
    That's what makes up each individuals,we can't all like the same exact things thats just the way it is.
  3. Mar 30, 2015
    This game is absolute awesome.The whole story line of this game is easily under stable.The visual graphic of the game is also promising.The open world that is provided in the game has each an every detailing.And there are many things to do in the open world including the missions.
  4. Feb 22, 2015
    Far Cry 3 is an open world, action-adventure first-person shooter video game developed mainly by Ubisoft Montreal in conjunction with Ubisoft Massive, Ubisoft Red Storm, Ubisoft Shanghai, and Ubisoft Reflections, published by Ubisoft for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.Far Cry 3 is set on a tropical island between the Indian and Pacific Oceans. After a vacation goes awry,Far Cry 3 is an open world, action-adventure first-person shooter video game developed mainly by Ubisoft Montreal in conjunction with Ubisoft Massive, Ubisoft Red Storm, Ubisoft Shanghai, and Ubisoft Reflections, published by Ubisoft for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.Far Cry 3 is set on a tropical island between the Indian and Pacific Oceans. After a vacation goes awry, protagonist Jason Brody must save his friends, who have been kidnapped by pirates and escape from the island and its unhinged inhabitants.Jason Brody, his older and younger brothers Grant and Riley, his girlfriend Liza, and their friends Daisy, Keith, and Oliver, vacation in Bangkok to celebrate Riley getting his pilot's license. While skydiving, they land on an archipelago named the Rook Islands, controlled by pirates under the control of Vaas. Grant and Jason are held and taunted by Vaas while the others are taken to be held for ransom. Grant engineers their escape but is killed by Vaas; distraught, Jason manages to scramble away. He is met by Dennis Rogers, an inhabitant of the island working with the Rakyat tribe to seize control back from the pirates. Dennis sees the potential in Jason to follow the Rakyat "path of the warrior" in rescuing his friends, and gives him a tatau that gives Jason the strength and knowledge to defeat the pirates. Expand
  5. Feb 18, 2015
    This game is HORRIBLE! I played all of them up to this one. The second one was an AMAZING game. This game tore out EVERYTHING that made the franchise great and replaced it for the idiots crowd that is gamers today. What do we have?
    Story starts out amazing. Very theatrical, you just sit and watch and the do a little tutorial. ALL TUTORIALS should play like this game. Then it just goes down the crapper. You play the role of a weak guy that gets scared to even stab another person (you hesitate in the begening and say you never shot before to an NPC that saves you)...Then, you become a FPS geanie and all guns are just natural to you. From holding breath while scoping to other things. That is nothing compared to the brainless plot. You are so far DISATTACHED from the main enemy it feels stupid. Your goal is to go around saving freinds. You really end up doing drugs, tripping out, thinking you have magic, but you do not. You just "get used to the jungle"...but you dont. Your true power relies on killing animals for 30 min to unlock upgrades....
    The game tried to go RPG with a crafting and skill system. You hunt, no, you MASACRE animals with large guns that feels stupid. You then stab them after they are dead, taking chunks out of them, but the menu system tells you it is 1/3 pelts collected to make "wallet" to hold 1,000 more cash. It FEELS SO DISATACHED TO THE WORLD in your actions and story it is stupid. Really? I am just putting coins and cash in the THOUSANDS in my animal hide wallet? It is just a menu to click in. It makes no sense, and ANNOYANCE from the main action and goal. Saying that I SKIPPED ALL THE OTHER THINGS they wanted me to "hunt".I only took teh essential. 20 min. Of mindless "huntint" and you have all you need. Animal attacks of "exotic animals is a joke. But that is getting into combat, back to story. It is so stupid that by the time you rescue two of the hostages that saw murder, rape, and pillage, they are off to laughing the next day and coming up with master plans to escape like "Fix a boat that is dried out and rusted in a cave below a pedophiles house"...yeah...THAT BAD.
    The stereo type women that are useless and stay in the home while you do the hero work. Thing is you are no DIFFERENT and WEAKER than them in the start...The main enemy only shows up EVERY SO OFTEN. And just lets one person get away in his BAD attempts to kill you all...it is so stupid...Inbetween the main boss you fight the same looking mobs over and over and over and easily.
    The combat is HORRIBLE! And 10 STEPS back from 2. What used to be open word ambushes, approach at different angles battles is now LINEAR, FORCED, and CRAMMED in one style. You can TRY and mix it up, but the AI is so dumb, you can just walk in and pick em off any compound. On any difficulty. I have NO IDEA HOW THEY COULD GO WRONG with such a good base to walk off of. I have so many videos and screen shots of this games fail battle system. The persepctive is too zoomed in. when an enemy gets close (mostl animals) your view is like a towering 10 foot giant so swinging low is impossible and close attacks with mele and dead. What felt like real weapons in Far Cry 2, this feels more plastic like and fake. The sound effects are dumbed down. The death physics dumbed down. You can swing your knife in the 2nd one, and break things : YOU CANT BREAK ANYTHING in FC3!!! In FC2 if you fight in a village, you suffer the consequences, in this one IT IS JUST A CINEMATIC WALKING SIMULLATOR! SEriously...play both, the third is so stripped down.
    The game plays itself. More than once I just "jam button X" to watch the game play itself. As a mmorpg I see these "theme park" mmorpgs killing the industry. I just played this game to get a fresh breath of air (since last I played was FC2). I got mad, not happy, to play this game. It was not fresh air. It was choking fart. I am SHOCKED that yes, even this single player industry is going down the drain. Shocked to see STEAM give it top votes. These kids... I can't tell if this generation is just brain damaged and corporations taking advantage. Or forced market giving nothing of value so people rate it because "at least its not as bad as X..." I am going with brain damage.
    The environment and npcs are non interactive. The skill system is disgusting illogical and stupid and ignroable. The shop is static and stupid. I loved unlockin and progressing in the shop in the second game, here, it is just a menu accessable in every safe house. The weather system. NOTHING. Day and night come, its just cosmetic.
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! IF YOU LOVE THE SECOND! IF YOU LOVE GAMING! IF YOU LOVE YOUR BRAIN! DO NOT BUY IT! (pirate it if you really want to play. I got a refund and pirated it to finish it to not cry about it without beating it).
    The only thing I liked about it was a few scenes when the character you play gets drugged. you get stuck on nothing though, like lips of terrain and doorways. BAD DESIGN
  6. Feb 6, 2015
    [opinion only about the single player campaign] Although I despise open-world shooters, the game was enjoyable. I play games mostly for the story. Don't hate me, but I 'tweaked' it a bit (well, yeah, uhm... I cheated and got a lot of cash) to avoid the nonsensical side-quests and boring activities and focus on the plot, which by no means is great, but after all it is engaging. I kind of[opinion only about the single player campaign] Although I despise open-world shooters, the game was enjoyable. I play games mostly for the story. Don't hate me, but I 'tweaked' it a bit (well, yeah, uhm... I cheated and got a lot of cash) to avoid the nonsensical side-quests and boring activities and focus on the plot, which by no means is great, but after all it is engaging. I kind of liked the change in the protagonist, who grew to be the ultimate "waria", who got overly engaged with all the bloodshed and revenge. With the supernatural elements that can explain why a regular kid becomes an awesome commando-stalker-hunter, I actually felt like I should killing all those poor people. Most of the killing was pointless, but in this one case - it doesn't matter. Get some silenced guns, get a Desert Eagle and wreak havoc! That said, there is something wrong with the shooting mechanics themselves - they're not as fun as in other FPS, but clearly, this is a personal preference. The game looks and sounds great, the voice-acting is exceptional and there are some memorable characters. Don't hesitate and follow the path of the warria! Expand
  7. Jan 22, 2015
    this is one of the best fps games I've ever played but the end boss battle is too anti-climatic. graphics are amazing on low setting,nice gun-play,there are animals in this game too. good thing they made this game. It was worth playing it.
  8. Jan 15, 2015
    The game is more stealth/adventure than action. I liked villain characters but heroes were not very interesting. The best character would be Vaas Montenegro who died foolishly and was not involved in the story that much. The story sometimes gets too slow and bores you and sometimes gets too fast and makes you upset. Rakyat people don't participate in freeing outposts and the player must doThe game is more stealth/adventure than action. I liked villain characters but heroes were not very interesting. The best character would be Vaas Montenegro who died foolishly and was not involved in the story that much. The story sometimes gets too slow and bores you and sometimes gets too fast and makes you upset. Rakyat people don't participate in freeing outposts and the player must do everything on his own. Side missions are many and useless.
    Graphics are very good, every event and place is designed with the most accuracy. You'll never get tired of exploring the jungle. There are many guns in different classes and there's even a crossbow which is very handy and stealthy. Each weapon may have some upgrades (like silencer) that you can buy from the stores. Skills are numerous and help you in the levels very much, including how to kill an enemy below you, how to kill a heavy gunner and so on.
    The game is interesting, for sure. But it would be much better if they worked on the story and characters a bit more.
  9. Dec 28, 2014
    Far cry 3 is a fun game with open world and shooter mechanics and driving combined into one game including stealth mechanics. Farcry 3 is a great game but all the characters are basically douchebags except the antagonist vaas who is great and insane making you feel on the edge, the stealth is pretty fun and all the time I carried a recurve bow so I didn't have to deal with reinforcementsFar cry 3 is a fun game with open world and shooter mechanics and driving combined into one game including stealth mechanics. Farcry 3 is a great game but all the characters are basically douchebags except the antagonist vaas who is great and insane making you feel on the edge, the stealth is pretty fun and all the time I carried a recurve bow so I didn't have to deal with reinforcements The pc port is a god and it can run on a lot of pcs and on mine highest settings constantly at 60fps and I never noticed it drop (GTX660) farcry 3 is a game that can get boring after a while though and I only did a few side missions before they started becoming repetitive I recommend you buy this game if its on sale on steam, don't hesitate. Expand
  10. Dec 17, 2014
    This game is even worse than FC2. It has a crappy storyline with terrific gameplay.

Get Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon instead. Avoid this as well as Far Cry 4.
  11. Dec 10, 2014
    Real solid action, beautiful landscapes and memorable characters are the highlights of Far Cry 3. The shooting action is one of the best in modern FPSs, and the stealth is fun. It is simple and, if you fail, it won't frustrate you. Vaas is one of the most charismatic villains I've ever seen, and yes, he has little time onscreen, but that's somewhat its charm. You are kept wondering whenReal solid action, beautiful landscapes and memorable characters are the highlights of Far Cry 3. The shooting action is one of the best in modern FPSs, and the stealth is fun. It is simple and, if you fail, it won't frustrate you. Vaas is one of the most charismatic villains I've ever seen, and yes, he has little time onscreen, but that's somewhat its charm. You are kept wondering when you will meet next. Only things holding it back are the crafting and repetitious tasks (driving from A to B, climbing towers, side quests feel all samey). But it is one of the most remarkable experiences from 2012. Expand
  12. Dec 7, 2014
    Game's ability to entertain you with interesting story and concept overall is a very important feature, and this game has it.

It's immerse gameplay is supported by variety of interactive environment, characters and weapons.
  13. Dec 3, 2014
    I had high hopes for this game, I didn't like the 2nd one, but the first one was something new and lots of fun. This one on the other hand started ok, but then it turned out to be repetitive, and I got bored tbh, even if I tried and tried to keep going. Graphics are great, hate the vanishing stuff and I had some performance issues. Can't say it's a bad game as I didn't beat it, butI had high hopes for this game, I didn't like the 2nd one, but the first one was something new and lots of fun. This one on the other hand started ok, but then it turned out to be repetitive, and I got bored tbh, even if I tried and tried to keep going. Graphics are great, hate the vanishing stuff and I had some performance issues. Can't say it's a bad game as I didn't beat it, but definitely not my type of games, and I love open world FPS. Expand
  14. Nov 30, 2014
    Great game. Story is great, missions are great, good voice acting and the main villain is interesting. Graphics are fantastic. Open world is great and filled with interesting stuff to do.
  15. Nov 29, 2014
    This game is utterly ruined by the lack of a genuine quick save. I can't keep track of how many times I died during the heat of a gun fight, only to have to reset from a spawn location, having to search out the fight and start all over again from scratch. Ruined the experience for me 100 percent.

Where are the days where video game designers actually made games with the players in mind? If I want to quick save my game (like I could in the excellent Far Cry 2), then why can't I? It should be my choice. Why am I paying for an open world game, with my hard earned money, if it won't even give the essential features I want?

On top of that, you are forced to install UPlay (Ubi's own form of DRM) to play this. If you purchased this through steam (like a lot of people have) having to install another layer of DRM is a huge pain in the ass. Way to stick it to the customers even more.

The graphics are great, the story is actually really interesting. It's a bold game, and for that, I'm giving it a 3. However, the game is unplayable for me, so I can't give it a higher score. A 3 is a solid F, and that's what it deserves.

Far Cry 1 and Far Cry 2 are still great games, and I recommend those. (I got 1, 2, 3, and Blood Dragon for 40 on steam, so not a huge loss for me). Stay away from 3 though. Obviously not made with the player in mind
  16. Nov 29, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is definitely a weird game. It will mind **** you so much and than leave you in your insanity. Just like that, like nothing happened. So we should start from the beginning. You are rich spoiled child who was kidnapped by some insane ****ed up island king of inbred tribals. Suddenly you are torn out from your dream life of parties and boredom into cruel reality. But kidnappers areFar Cry 3 is definitely a weird game. It will mind **** you so much and than leave you in your insanity. Just like that, like nothing happened. So we should start from the beginning. You are rich spoiled child who was kidnapped by some insane ****ed up island king of inbred tribals. Suddenly you are torn out from your dream life of parties and boredom into cruel reality. But kidnappers are too dumb and you and your older brother manage to escape. After short period of time your brother lays dead and you run through unknown jungle. You slip, you fall and you lose senses. When you wake up the real game begins. Now you can explore whole island on your own no matter what. You can liberate small forts on the island which will make roads safer (so they say). After liberation of some fort a car full of Rakyat, the tribals, will appear and take over the place, quoting stupid things 'till the end of time. Another thing of importance to the tribals are radio towers. If you can climb them up and destroy technical device of island king Vaas(and Vaas doesn't give a **** whole game), you will reveal a part of map and also make Vaas blind in this area. The side quests and collectibles will now show on the map too. But when you liberate whole island and explore whole map nothing happens. Not a single thank you. Tribals just don't care. And there is much more of what they don't care about. So you go and start side quests. And now some weird **** will happen. You can come across a guy who needs photos of dead pirates for his personal sick business. You will find a guy who's daughter was kidnapped by aliens and he needs to locate all of his packages. But when you do quest just ends and he doesn't give a **** about his daughter anymore. You will search for husband of one tribal woman, who thinks her husband is cheating on her, just to find him with another man. And so it goes like this, until you realize that all of Rakyat are pretty ****ed up bunch of liars and you just want to put them all down. So you will turn on to the last things you can do in this game: hunting for animals and relics. But sooner or later you will start to feel guilty for genocide of rare species, because bigger bags you make, more animals it takes. Until one point, when you need a rare animal and than you need to find a specific quest and hunt it with special weapon. So after lots of carnage you have all the bags and animals have no meaning in game anymore, except small enemies. Relics are scattered all over the island. You can find statuettes, memory cards and letters of japan soldiers from WWII. The informations on discs and letters are boring and just flat, and relics and letter spawn randomly on the island. So sooner or later you will return to the place where you took one relic, just to find another few meters further. So after a while it's boring and pointless too as all other activities. And after all these things you will return to the main story, where **** hits the fan. You will rescue all of your friends and slowly develop your "warrior" skills through some short missions of simple story. You will rescue you stupid stoned friend, who would certainly die but doesn't give a **** about gratitude after you save him. Your mean **** girlfriend, your older brothers girlfriend and at last your younger brother. And as this happy bunch you want to leave island. In this saving process you will inhale and eat so much drugs it would kill an ox but you will just walk away with a headache just to please everybody on this godforsaken island. You will please a tribal queen Citra just to disappoint her at the very end and also kill some god and island king and Rudolf's gay uncle and most evil boss German and ... and after all this ... you will be still mean **** and spoiled kid and yell yuck when you skin an animal and with big meaningless tattoo after all this ... you will stay on the island! There is no way home. No return. You will just stay there, kill bandit bosses with the knife like real Rakyat even if you rejected them at the end. You will encounter same two men patrols of pirates and mercenaries and the tribals won't still give a **** about you and drive like crazy killing their own on the roads and smashing the cars into trees. And than you will realize that this is a nightmare ... and it won't end until you uninstall the game... And still, it's not all I hated about this game, but I don't want to think about it anymore. Expand
  17. Nov 28, 2014
    Despite not being a large first person action guy, i found this game very enjoyable and well worth the minimal amount i paid. Plenty to do and great mission variation. Thoroughly recommended and looking forward to playing number 4 :)
  18. Nov 28, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is a classic shooter at its core, but there are various RPG mechanics, skills and upgrades under the hood. It’s a fabulous playing ground and one can but marvel at the wondrous ways the various elements interact with each other
  19. Nov 28, 2014
    Best Far Cry in the series so far. One of the best action games available right now. Probably the best open world sandbox shooter genre ever for the year 2012-2014...
  20. Nov 25, 2014
    I liked this game, nice title by Ubisoft (company that i dont like too much). Funny, well-staged story and nice graphics. Hopefully continue on this path.
  21. Nov 23, 2014
    The game doesn't run very well on a high-end AMD videocard (7900 series) - even at lowest settings it can become a slideshow at times (particularly while flying a kite and doing circles before you land) ... Apparently this game was tailored for Nvidia users and AMD users can pretty much go @#$! themselves. Classy, Ubisoft. I see this gem for what it is, though: if you ignore the minorThe game doesn't run very well on a high-end AMD videocard (7900 series) - even at lowest settings it can become a slideshow at times (particularly while flying a kite and doing circles before you land) ... Apparently this game was tailored for Nvidia users and AMD users can pretty much go @#$! themselves. Classy, Ubisoft. I see this gem for what it is, though: if you ignore the minor inconveniences with crafting and having to bounce back and forth for components, this is a beautiful game. It would get an 8.5 if it didn't lag with a beefy videocard. Expand
  22. Nov 19, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is the ultimate power fantasy, and I mean this as a compliment. Yeah, lots of games let you take back strongholds with bazookas and flamethrowers, but few offer an experience as smooth as Far Cry's. Combat is the perfect balance between stealth and firefighting, letting you sneak behind bushes or aim explosives at everything in sight. The hunting side quests are also a ton of fun.
  23. Nov 15, 2014
    Basically a more open-world version Tomb Raider with some key differences. First, the narrative isn't nearly so tight. Second, menu navigation, tutorials and the like feel clunky and confusing. Third, too much narrative and opening exposition. I've been playing for an hour and all I've done is shoot a couple pigs and pick flowers.

The narrative structure was executed top-notch in

The narrative structure was executed top-notch in Tomb Raider, but in Far Cry 3 it's already feeling like work because the story is just too been-there-done-that. We didn't come to Far Cry 3 for story. We came to Far Cry 3 for action and great game mechanics, and if this game doesn't start delivering soon, into the trash it goes.
  24. Nov 15, 2014
    Its a fair game, with many positive regards to nature and beautiful world to explore. I just wish the intro was less stupid and less american-like. The multiplayer is questionable, but that's understandable in this kind of game.
  25. Nov 11, 2014
    Picked this up along Blood Dragon in the last Steam sale and feck me but this game rocks! The story is great, the world just begs to be explored and the main protaganist is pure insane. A must for any open world gamers.

Also, make sure to pick up Blood Dragon if you were an 80's and 90's gamer and action film fan.
  26. Nov 8, 2014
    Great game. On the con side: some issues with scripted missions i.e. player agency taken away which comes as a bit of a surprise when your used to the freedom the game gives you in all other areas. Pros: Michael Mando's performance, voice acting and sound work, game progression, involving story and characters that are not one dimensional, a metric f*ck ton of content including half tidyGreat game. On the con side: some issues with scripted missions i.e. player agency taken away which comes as a bit of a surprise when your used to the freedom the game gives you in all other areas. Pros: Michael Mando's performance, voice acting and sound work, game progression, involving story and characters that are not one dimensional, a metric f*ck ton of content including half tidy co-op/multiplayer and the ending wasn't bad either! Great value for money game. As an aside with Ubi's shenanigans with uplay/steam and the resolution debacle of AC unity I wont buy Far Cry 4 unless or until they straighten out their priorities - Far Cry 3 was so good and so full of value I thought they actually gave a rats ass about PC gaming as well as consoles. Expand
  27. Nov 8, 2014
    I can only recommend this game at Steam's 75% off price.
    I can only recommend this game at Steam's 75% off price.
    FC3 has much the same problems FC2 had. Gameplay may have improved slightly, but its just as dumbed down, arcade and formulaic as last time. The world is still not persistent (which is important in an open world game that has some RPG elements). Corpses and loot vanish within seconds and vehicles just spawn or disappear right next to you, and so on. The usual checkpoint save system does not help here either - it does not save often enough and resets everything. The story is more engaging, but felt too unbelievable and often didn't make sense. I also didn't like the OTT drugs-debauchery-insanity-glorified-violence theme. The side-quests are mostly the FedEx variety, and among the worst I have ever seen. The game world has a bit of a theme park feel - everything is too close together (an enemy camp, friendly camp, and hunting range all in the space of a football field or two). Much of the landscape feels man-made, and no where near as impressive and natural as the island in Crysis 1. The enemy AI, which was one of the few really good things in FC2, seems to have been dumbed down in FC3, probably to make the stealth gameplay more accessible. Graphics, while ok, are clearly limited by the Xbox360 specs. Crysis 1 still looks better despite being 5 years older.

Its not all bad though: the flip side to the flaws is that the game is very accessible to casual gamers. Also, the story's ancient temple exploration segments were just as good as the best parts in 2013's Tomb Raider. A pity there was not more of that. FC3 is also a good PC port, including adjustable FOV and mouse acceleration settings.
  28. Nov 5, 2014
    I really don't know what it is that makes this game so great. From the outset, it's mediocre first person shooter with RPG like elements added in. But once played,it seems all too much more. I mean,before I get onto the actual gameplay, let's just get a few things over with. For one, the game looks better then God. Really, the game is amazing. I fell over and went unconscious for a fewI really don't know what it is that makes this game so great. From the outset, it's mediocre first person shooter with RPG like elements added in. But once played,it seems all too much more. I mean,before I get onto the actual gameplay, let's just get a few things over with. For one, the game looks better then God. Really, the game is amazing. I fell over and went unconscious for a few minutes the first time I climbed the radio tower in the starters zone. Also, the game has a pretty good story. It's a bit cliché, yes,but all the characters are likable,or hateable depending.

With all that nonsense outta the way,let's get into gameplay. It's amazing. It's vastly improved over the previous iterations,but that's not really the thing here. Jason can wield any number of rifles,snottys, RPGs,or even a bow if you so desire, and each one is unique and satisfying. Shooting and stabbing your way through enemies is great,top. But that's not the draw. The draw here is freedom. With the exeption of a few missions,you take on missions however you desire. Grab an RPG,C4, and a LMG, and play Rambo. Go through the bushes with a silent sniper. Grab a bow. Play how you want.
  29. Oct 31, 2014
    OK, Ubisoft, please answer me this : WHY ARE THE CUTSCENES NOT SKIPPABLE ?!?! Why do I have to sit and wait for X minutes and cannot just skip the boring lame animatios ?! The story really really sux, otherwise I would give it much higher score, but I could not even finish the game because I became allergic to the stupid boring cutscenes !!!!
  30. Oct 24, 2014
    First PC game for me to rate 9/10 in many years.

I first have to say that, at this point in 2014 most of the bugs are fixed and what's mentioned in bad reviews is fixed by now so you don't have to worry about technicalities. In short, it's a open world FPS game similar to Borderlands but with much less RPG elements and much more realistic tendencies. You start off as this very
    First PC game for me to rate 9/10 in many years.

In short, it's a open world FPS game similar to Borderlands but with much less RPG elements and much more realistic tendencies. You start off as this very vulnerable nobody, stuck in a jungle riddled with pirates and dangerous animals against your will with only knife and a pistol at your disposal. Combat realism is close to Crysis 3 but not as refined – as game progresses you become more powerful and thus combat becomes less realistic but more interesting and challenging. Overall, gameplay is unique and a fresh experience, once you get used to it, it’s very fun!

Story has an interesting set of antagonist but overall, it’s crap overall which is fitting for a FPS, they didn’t even bother to get emotional or anything, it’s basically just there to fulfill the gameplay. It is made up of interesting and challenging missions but often boring un-interruptible cut scenes. The main first antagonist, Vaas, could have been used much more but instead is just occasionally encountered – his appearance and (in my opinion fun) character was unexpectedly minor in the game.

Music is spectacular but rarely heard, only during action sequences, missions and occasional car radio (in game vehicles only seldom have radios).

Visuals are excellent but nothing spectacular, not even close to Crysis 3, which is expected due to its open-world nature and mild hardware requirements. If you had just finished Crysis 3 you’ll be very disappointed but game play makes up for it by far. Unfortunately, NVidia owners will experience small bugs and quirks quite often. There are also unusual FPS drops – switching to window mode and back into full screen (Alt+ENTER) fixes this, luckily it doesn’t happen often.

Gameplay is extremely fun combination of sneaking upon, going all Rambo on or avoiding enemies. It’s not as refined or realistic as Crysis 3 but it’s in my opinion more fun! It can get spooky, very exciting, fun and even quite funny at times. Game awards you a lot of points for being sneaky but you can easily finish the game in a very… um, explosive manner! If you opt out for Rambo style, game “awards” you by bringing reinforcements which means even more fun and more xp points. If you’re a stealthy assassin, game awards you extra points for various available methods of murdering enemies and staying undetected till the last enemy. You don’t have to pick just one style, there are three “skill trees” but if you play all side missions, quests and kill a lot of pirates, you can get easily all the skills. Small part of the game is made up of collecting herbs, items and such RPG style crap but time-wise it’s less than 2% of the gameplay.

The only serious criticism I have is the fact that you have to kill some animals to obtain things like a bigger loot sack. There’s even a side mission where you have to blow up “rabid” dogs with an RPG or kill a bunch with a flame thrower. Seriously? What’s next, killing ebola-infected babies with a flame thrower? Whoever made these missions is IMO a serious hazard to society. I understand if there’s an option to do something (e.g. you can murder children in some D&D games) but a mission dedicated to it is a whole new level of sick.

2. Jan 29, 2013
    Exhilarating, colorful, mindless – that's Far Cry 3 in three words.
  3. Jan 24, 2013