8.2

1. Feb 28, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an amazing game that proves consistently enjoyable despite its flaws. First off, the PC version is an incredibly well optimized game. I played through the entire campaign on a midrange laptop with most settings at High, three at medium in Directx 11. I had to disable Ambient Occlusion in the config file but god the game still looks gorgeous and runs butter smooth for me. There is also a TON of game here, probably 40 hours if you are into doing the side stuff which helps level up your character. Things lose steam a bit when you hit the second island, but nothing as severe as in Far Cry 2, which I loved at first and then got so bored I never finished.

The major issues as have been well discussed are with the narrative. You will hate your character at the start of the game, and there are lots of missed opportunities to get the player emotionally involved in the plot. It really sticks out because some of the voice acting is phenomenal, the main characters are motion captured and brilliantly animated. And some of them are really memorable even if they are underserved in the greater narrative.

BUT, the game mechanics themselves work beautifully. If you are a fan of shooters and/or open world games this is a must play. Come expecting some blemishes, but if you stick around you will see that they only stand out because so much of this game truly shines. I had a BLAST playing it and am sad that its over!
  2. Mar 3, 2013
    Farcry 3 enables that thing that excites me most about gaming, that moment when you forget it's a game and feel integrated into the flow of the story. An absolutely massive island archipelago that is lush and filled with villains and intense situations and could be ripped out of any Hollywood action film but here you get to play the title role. The game places you on a path and then gives you the freedom to do things your own way. Of course the plot ultimately must be followed but not precisely, and if you want to go out hunting bears with a flamethrower, there's plenty of time for recreation, along with learning new skills, exploration, takeovers, expanding your power, meeting new people, getting new weapons.
    Farcry 2 was an excellent game with an interesting message but there is no comparison here. This is an entirely new game and the graphics are so good and often so beautiful that while I'm caught up in the game, I can turn and see the sun setting over a waterfall in the distance and I have to stop and stare. It's almost like you can feel the evening breeze. Amazing.
  3. Mar 4, 2013
    I have seen many games like this and to be honest I don't particularly like them. However, this game turned me completely around!!

The graphics are amazing with the good texture and color unleashing the amazement of this game. Also the graphics run extremely well- no lag or long load times. The only small problem with the graphics is that sometimes they can be a bit too much and give
    you a headache. This game has a fun plot of taking radio towers enemy bases and many other missions, which is what you would expect from a game. However, this game has a map editor where you can make an island and play on it for even more fun!! Overall, this game is defiantly worth the price and recommend this game to everyone out there. Expand
  4. Mar 6, 2013
    Great, engaging and beautiful. Characters are actually developing over time and, although the story is compelling, you'll spend a lot of time just cruising around in a speedboat or hunting dangerous wildlife.

Overall, a great sandbox.

The only derp is the necessity of Uplay even if the game is bought through Steam, which is absurd. But not even that can ruin an otherwise great game.
  5. Mar 6, 2013
    Farcry 3 is an amazing game, unlike Farcry 2, this goes back to more Farcry 1 setting, an archipelago called the Rook Islands. The story and characters are very interesting. Including my favorite, Vaas. Hes a badass mother that you don't want to mess with. The graphics are great, varying on what console you buy it on, i got it on pc, so i had a great graphic experience. The game play is unique and does open world stealth well. One complaint is the lousy over accurate AI. They can shoot you from a mile away! The vehicles are fun but im sad they ditched multiplayer vehicles. Speaking of multiplayer, it sucks. You get a mediocre coop campaign and a copy and paste multiplayer system with killstreaks, loadouts, and gun customization. But the campaign is more than enough to make up for these flaws and for that, Farcry 3 gets a 9/10 Collapse
  6. Mar 8, 2013
    I've played a lot of games in the past year, but Far Cry 3 was so far the most fun I've had playing a video game in a long time. Metacritic user reviews are loaded with lots of 10's for games that I don't think deserve a 10, but I decided to give this game a review, because I truly think it deserves recognition. It combines my two favorite generes, FPS and RPG/adventure, perfectly, without going too far in either direction. A lot of the side quests are pretty boring, but I really enjoyed taking all of the outposts, coming up with new and interesting ways to do each one. Sure, I could just snipe everyone from afar, but what's the fun in that? Sometimes I'd try to do it with only knife kills, sometimes I'd go guns blazing, throwing C4 and grendades every which way. Now that I'm done with the game, I'm missing it, but I don't think this game has much replay value unless you wait a year or more between playthroughs. Nonetheless, it's been a LONG time since I've had that much fun playing a game for so long, so I think it deserves a 10. Expand
  7. Mar 8, 2013
    First of all, this game SHOULD have been a 10/10, but is still an amazing game. Although not horrible, it is still an obvious port with an uncomfortable menu that switches control schemes between each option. Also, the boss battles or confrontations with high profile characters seemed extremely unfinished and rushed. Despite that the game is still phenomenal and a must buy for any gamer.
    However, the "Skyrim with Guns" claim is horribly inaccurate. Maybe Skyrim without 99% of the NPC interaction. Far Cry is not an RPG. It is an exploratory/adventure game at the most.
  8. Jul 2, 2013
    awesomeness can't describe this game it is awesome in every way from the amazing stunning graphics to the explosively fun game play and great story with jaw dropping moments This is a Must own
  9. Mar 20, 2013
    It is like skyrim... the world is big, fun and engaging. I love the focus on takedowns and hunting of beasts to upgrade your equipment. But it was a bit too easy for my taste but the game is just too good in my opinion that I say, the heck it is easy but It is fun regardless.
  10. Jul 20, 2013
    A great game! The story was pretty decent and the environments looked amazing (people not so much tho). The world was open enough to be fun without being so large that you wound up hating it. I also liked having the freedom to choose between tackling an objective/outpost stealthily or just running in guns blazing. Thankfully, getting all of the achievements doesn't involve 100%ing the game so some of the more tedious tasks and quests can be left out which is nice. As a sidenote, the DLC is pretty meh with only the monkey business quests being worthwhile. Also, the co-op missions were pretty fun and challenging, but they are much more linear than single player and don't allow for any exploring as you play. Expand
  11. Aug 27, 2013
    The same as the 360 version but with some amazing graphics,better controls and the map editor is much better than before so buy its cheaper so well buy it and the opptunity for mods
  12. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is incredibly immersive. The possibilities, gameplay wise, are endless. The story is driven and well-written. The voice acting is of a high quality. Exploring the islands is enjoyable and rewarding. Gun-play is solid and responsive. The overall experience is fantastic. When you spend money on a game you want to get value for money. Far Cry 3 certainly delivers.
  13. Mar 24, 2013
    Ubisoft’s highly anticipated ‘jungle simulator’ Far Cry, on the Sony Playstation, the Xbox 360 and of course the Pc, maybe the greatest open world first person shooter ever. If you haven’t heard of Far Cry 3 by now you’ve most likely been not only living under a rock, but been buried 25.000 feet under a mountain on a planet in another galaxy. Well, if you happen to not know, I can tell you that this game, is most likely the most beautiful, exciting, fun, brutal, action packed open world first person rpg shooter I have ever played. So far the game, for some people, is the best game of its kind, with its amazing open world, back chilling stealth elements, hard boiled action, great hunting, scary random encounters and crafting and to top it off, some of the most impressive graphics I’ve seen in a long time, but for others the game is simply a stupid ‘Rambo simulator’ with too many guns and explosions and too little survival. I can’t tell you which one is the most correct, but I can tell you that the game is one of my all time favorite games. And to top it off the game has an amazing storyline that will keep you awake for hours at night just wondering what will happen next.

To wrap it up, without any spoilers, you play as Jason Brody, who on a vacation with 5 of his friends, gets lost on a tropical island while skydiving. He and his brother is taken as prisoners by the local pirates, who run the island. They now have to escape. A long intro/tutorial sequence follow, and Jason is saved by Dennis, who is part of the Raykat, a group who rebels against the pirates. Dennis teaches you how to hunt, craft and survive in the jungle. He now has to save his friends, who are scattered around the island, while also helping the Raykat take back the island. Throughout the story, Jason matures into a fearless, unstoppable warrior, as he decides to stay on the island.

As soon as I opened the game, I was in awe of the amazingly detailed environment and vivid colors, realistic ai and quite blown away by how big the island is, but also terrified of the scary creatures who roam the jungles and the dangerous pirates who would kill you in no time if I were to make one small mistake. I had to walk in the shadows, hide in foliage and avoid any contact with enemies. The sound of a vehicle would leave me hiding behind a tree or some rocks, terrified of the smallest sound, still looking out for komodo dragons, who would rip me to pieces in seconds. I simply did not have a chance.

Then as I proceeded further into the game, and unlocked more features and grew more familiar with the game controls, I would start hunting for radio towers, which is what you need to uncover more of the map, and unlock free weapons(Who doesn’t want free weapons?), and then hunt for smaller strongholds, that I could take on without being slaughtered. I could hunt and craft, without being killed by rapid dogs or tigers. This is where I feel the game was at its best.

Then, suddenly, the game took off. I had crafted almost every craftable item in the game, and I had pretty much every radio tower in the game, which means pretty much every gun in the game. I could without any trouble take on the biggest of strongholds, and not even sweat a little. The game had become too easy, and I wasn’t even close to done with the story. I would rarely get any random encounters, because I had taken over pretty much every stronghold.

The only thing with the game that disappointed me, was how if you don’t watch out, before you notice, you’ve completely overtaken every stronghold and completely ruined the fun of the game.

The controls of the games are amazing. They’re tight and precise and the guns are responsive. In some ways the guns are Call of Duty-like with their fast, arcade-like controls and not too high recoil, but in others they are very Battlefield-like, in that they feel very heavy. All in all the guns are amazing, and you don’t ever get tired of mowing down pirates. The cover system is the best I’ve seen in so long. The way you can hide behind a wall and simply use the right button to aim, and it will, depending on the kind of cover you’re behind, either aim above or to the side.

Vehicles are easy to drive and very arcade-like, which is perfect. The cars feel heavy, as they should, and don’t just feel like you’re hovering 2 inches above the road.

This game definitely has a chance of being the game of the year. It’s an amazing game, and I recommend it to everybody, whether you like first person shooters or any other other genre of games, this is definitely worth a try. It’s definitely a unique game, with a very refined story, great features and very very, I repeat, very good graphics. The only cons is that the game might get too easy. I definitely recommend playing on the hardest difficulty. I give this game 9/10.
  14. Mar 25, 2013
    "Far Cry 2" was a boring, dull game. Ubisoft realized it and made the work on bugs. As a result, the developers have created great and awesome the third part of Far Cry series. In this game almost everything is perfect: graphics, which is beautiful even on low settings, nice soundtrack, big, enthralling open world and, of course, exciting campaign with awesome plot and interesting characters. And speaking about characters, I want to highlight Vaas Montenegro. In my opinion, this crazy and charismatic man is one of the best antagonists gaming history. In general, "Far Cry 3" is one of the best games of 2012 and one of the best games that Ubisoft have ever made. Bravo. Expand
  15. Mar 25, 2013
    I don't even know where to start, good story, fast paced or slow depending on what you choose, very open, hands down the best game I think I have ever played!
  16. Jun 13, 2014
    One of the best shooters of this generation . the best thing about this game is its open world and RPG elements.Other than the main plot which is pretty good with an awesome antagonist Vaas there r side activities to be done like hunting for exotic animals,crafting , liberating outposts , side missions, mini games etc. the multiplayer is not that fun and is pretty generic but its co op is excellent.the world is Huge with awesome landscape and wildlife. this game is a must have. Expand
  17. Mar 27, 2013
    Leaps and bounds improved over far cry 2. This takes it back to its core of an amazing looking game that is very fun to play. I just built a new PC and what better way to test it out then with a new far cry. I was not disappointed the detail is second to none.
  18. Mar 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I was waiting to get this game on eBay, I was playing Far Cry 2 every single day. I was thinking that I would finish Far Cry 2 so I would understand the Story of the third game, but I didn't need to. It was a whole different story then then the second one. It had an amazing story. The game play was amazingly fun, and the graphics were incredible. The game had that ending were you chose between two things. -kill your friends or save them-. my only problem is that you have to craft packs for ammo or more weapons. No, it's not that part, it's that it starts you with absolutely NOTHING. 30 bullets in a clip and 60 in total, including the clip. You also only get 1 weapon slot when you start. You also need the craft wallets to hold more money. Who even does that in games?! 9 out of 10. Expand
  19. Apr 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm an older PC gamer (late 40's), with limited experience (Battlefield 2 & 3, sniper games, etc) and really have had no use for a story in a game (the quality of graphics in this game made me interested, and the $30 price I saw made me buy it). I have to say that the story was interesting, I wanted to follow it and fully understand it, and really enjoyed playing through it. The side quests are fun, although some are very simple, and most are short. Hunting for certain skins is a great way to level up your items, along with money for guns. Love the weapon selection and the ability to add/change accessories. The map is very large, beautiful, and the ability to just explore it all when you want to take a break from the story is a plus. The game really is well done. The only cons I came across were the invisible pirates I ran into a few times. Couldn't kill them but they sure could kill me. Heard them talking right next to me as I was getting shot, but couldn't see them.... and... all the cussing and random stupid conversations of pirates complaining about STDs, etc. And while Citra was especially sexy, I didn't need the nudity/sex. All of that was unnecessary and keeps me from letting my kids play it.

The one thing I love about it, that I really pay attention to, is how well the AI works when it comes to not being noticed by the people you are shooting at. Other sniper games I have played have AI that knows exactly where you are all the time and there is no way to sneak around. But this game, after taking a few shots from a distance, and upsetting a group of pirates... They may look in your direction, but as long as they haven't seen you, you can just move around to different areas and even approach them from behind. Very helpful when taking down outposts for max XP. And... a sign of a good quality game, in my experience.

In short...
    Pros:
    AI, story, hunting, numerous side quests, large map, numerous available achievements listed, and of course Citra's amazing body ;)

Cons:
    Constant bad language, side quests are way too short, PC version would crash on me sometimes when I just had the game paused overnight.

A 10 if there wasn't so much use of the C, P and F words.
  20. Apr 8, 2013
    Excellent game. I enjoy the many choices you can take, there are so many weapons and you can customize them in any way. The skills involved in this game have meaning.
  21. Apr 10, 2013
    I bought this game on a whim; it was on a Steam sale and I grabbed it based on the reviews I had read on Metacritic. It's a slow start, initially I just wanted to run and drive around exploring the vast first island. Very soon though I dived into the story. The main bad guy Vas is a brilliant digital villain! He really is a nasty piece of work. The actor delivers a believable performance. I dipped in and out of the story because the side missions are just incredibly entertaining. Capturing a base by using stealth is tense. It's rare that you can take a base by simply gunning it! Then there's the crafting, the very simple mechanism to craft bigger bags to carry more weapons and ammo is intuitive. Hunting with a bow is enormous fun!! The story has a few twists but nothing that original. But it's the digital performances that really stand out; Dennis is another believable character. Explore, hunt, capture, kill, skin and destroy! That's 35 hours that is well worth the £15 I paid. Expand
  22. Apr 19, 2013
    This game isn't to be missed, its unlike every other game you have ever played, it combines, story with action, exploration and hunting. The hunting really sets this game apart from other games and adds a new depth. What this has over Far Cry 2 besides the hunting, is a great AI system where you know if people have seen you and you have a bit of time to hide, stay still etc. The vehicles, weapons and open world are fantastic, great use of height just like in Just Cause 2.

My only gripes are my favorite character which I wont spoil dies way to early and the game. The game isn't that hard, there should be a hard mode where you can't see shadows behind buildings, this would make it more real life. Additionally the lack of any helicopters or planes to fly around the expansive island can get annoying. A helicopter would have added an extra element.

Overall this is a game not to be missed, one of the top 3 open world games ever made up there with GTA IV & Just Cause 2.
  23. May 14, 2013
    The best game of 2012, yeah just like that, the question is why the hell it wasn't even a contender ta VGA's, probably because vga is full of crap! PS Just what the did to Deus Ex Human Revolution
  24. Apr 25, 2013
    This game is incredible. Stands out as one of the games of the year, last year. Great graphics, great interface, easy to pick up and play. Great A.I that's smart and guns that actually do damage.
  25. May 6, 2013
    Loved the game shame about people who score it 0 and score bad games 10
    I've voted 10/10 just to help recover the scoring and help generate normality here.
  26. Apr 29, 2013
    You raise your glass in toast to your friend, it’s the beginning of a party! First you’re jet skiing on crystal blue waters, swimming next to beautiful turtles, having a jaunt around the island with your mates, taking a death defying leap off a waterfall, hand gliding overseas and diving in to swim with sharks and, to top it off, sky diving. Pretty awesome huh? Well no, not really, turns out this is all just a re-cap of how you got to where you are now, and where are you now? Unfortunately enough you’ve managed to be captured by Pirates, but these aren’t possibly the ones you might be thinking of, with peg legs, long black bushy beards still dripping from rum and mountains of gold, no no no. These are pirates who care a lot for “little white boys” only due to the fact you’re being held at ransom providing your parents love you enough. However you are just a rich kid, partying with your mates, there is no Liam Neeson with a particular set of skills coming to save you. No, no one is coming to save you from your captor who, I nearly forgot to add, is a 100% psycho path who enjoys toying with his hostages imagine if the joker got a tan but held onto the same sense of humour, then you’re getting close to the mind set of Vaas, the Mohicaned maniac who you are now under the possession of.
    Fast forward past your daring escape (no need to spoil the opening), you wake up confused, clearly in some sort of hut with someone beside you. In the time that you’ve spent unconscious the has decided to tattoo you or rather tatau you as it is called, this my friend is your admittedly somewhat cool way to show how much you’ve levelled up in the game, each new skill you unlock in one of your 3 skill trees adds a new part of the tatau to your arm, the 3 trees are the Heron (long range attacks and mobility) the Spider (stealth and survival) and the shark (first aid and killing), for completionists and those with the want to kill in stunning and sometimes spectacular ways will be able to get a good grasp on most of these, however if you’re just going to run and gun your way through then its best if you just focus on the shark. Anyway this man is called Dennis and appears to be your guide through these new lands, he offers you a machete and essentially pushes you on your now task of finding your friends and possibly killing Vaas if fortune holds.

read the rest of my review at http://willza99.wordpress.com thanks for reading
  27. Apr 29, 2013
    This game, was perfect. It runs great even on my laptop! The story line on the other hand... Truly beautiful, I promise I had to wipe some tears away during the end.. Vaas just completed it. Wouldn't say no to purchase a Dlc where you would play as Vaas through the story.
    But I write down a 9 because of the tricky radio Towers.. They got me to rage a couple of times.
  28. May 1, 2013
    Overall a genuinely good game with a few flaws.

The gameplay was the best aspect of the game to me. They truly made you feel like a scared little in the beginning.

I played the game as a "stealthy" player for the most part. Creeping through the jungle listening for wild animal sounds and trying to desperately avoid confrontations in enemy territory was awesome. Enemy patrols respond
    to loud noises and gunfire so you had to be on top of things. In addition to that a lot of the jungle creatures were fairly strong.. especially depending on what weapons you brought with you.

By the end you were jumping off cliffs, sprinting through the jungle, had all silenced weapons, and you were doing brutal takedowns like a true psychopath.

I think the crafting system was a nice touch for the first play-through but after that it just became tiring and old.

I do wish there were more skills to choose from in the different trees so that you had to "specialize" in one area over another. Another thing that became annoying was having my skill unlocks tied to the main storyline instead of the amount of experience I had.

The graphics are pretty nice although I've noticed some glitches and random freezes/CTDs that can be very annoying.

The story was fairly mediocre- they did a great job crafting some of the characters and the atmosphere of the island (Vaas, Dennis, Hoyt, Citra and the whole "mystical/voodoo" feel) but then they did a terrible job with tying the ends together.

The boss fights are all laughably horrendous as well.

Overall a good game.
  29. May 6, 2013
    Awesome game. I just created an Metacritic account just to leave this game a 10/10 review. Best game I've played in a long while. On par with Skyrim. Amazing story. And one of the best endings, ever.
  30. May 10, 2013
    This game, in one word; amazing. I'm a huge fan of Cry-tek and Far Cry 3 is the best Far Cry yet. Absolutely gorgeous and well worth more than one play-through. Tis an improvement from Far Cry 2 (which i must admit was disappointing) due to improved shooter mechanics, a better story, and the crafting is the icing on the cake, but 1 complaint; the online multiplayer did not live up to expectations. Still worth a 10 out of 10 in my book. (sry bout the bad english o.o) Expand
  31. SFJ
    May 9, 2013
    As a huge fan of FPS and RPG,'s Far Cry 3 was my personal favorite games in 2013 and is my favorite game so far! This game has everything u want in an open world game plenty of side activities, great graphics. cool awesome and epic story the list goes on! Far Cry 3 has a large stelth system. With this little meter that shows how close you are to be detected and your machete along with some cool assassination tricks u can go realy stelthy and of corse if you wanna kick ass with your rifel or your pistol you can do that too. Far Cry 3 has also a deep hunting system and with that a great crafting system. You see you can kill two bears skin them for all there skins and fur open the crafting menu and use the bear parts to make a bigger backpack so you can keep more loot or maby a bigger gun holster so u can cary more weapons (max 4 To go further, Far Cry 3 adds awesome multiplayer that you can dump a bunch of houers in if u like FPS games. With an exelent leveling system unlocks and more plus a co-op campaign that u can play with up to three friends and it is realy realy realy funny! My advice to you is to get off your computer chair and buy Far Cry 3! if ur into fps games or rpg.s you will love this game! My final verdict for Far Cry 3 is FULL!!! as high as i can give 10/10 buy this NOW! Expand
  32. May 11, 2013
    I love this game! Far Cry 3 is a really good game with a huge open world to explore. The game also have a great storyline with great graphics. There's a lot of weapons to choose from and the combat system feels fairly difficult and is very enjoyable. Far Cry 3 is really worth its money and the only bad thing I find about it is that after completing the game and taking over all the outposts the game feels a little.. empty. Expand
  33. May 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Far cry 3 is a great and dramatic first person open world game. There are level system, buy your own wepons and upgrade them. A lot of fun sidemissions and good graphics. Far Cry 3's story is probably the best story I've ever heard. It is exciting and you get a feeling that you just have to play on and find out what happens next. you have not played this game yet, you just buy it! It is worth every penny!
    Thanks for this game Ubisoft.
    I look forward if Far Cry 4 comes.
  34. May 13, 2013
    This is a awesome game, with a very long and deep history, marvelous graphics and a magnific open world. In game you have a some choices to make, but nothing that changes the final, after all, even with all the fun you got, still there's something missing, that could be more, with all the marvelous open world, perhaps even been a great game, could be greater.
  35. May 19, 2013
    Wow, I never played a game like this before. It is a very great game, and weapons are nice.
    The story was interesting, and the crafting system is cool! Graphics is decent, and it is fun to takedown and use various guns.
    The only problem I had was with the saving system, but except that, great game!
  36. May 31, 2013
    This game goes down as one of the best of all time. Simply amazing gameplay outstanding graphics huge array of weapons vehicles boats ect the wildlife and scenery are also of the highest quality a huge recommendation you will never forget this experience
  37. Jun 3, 2013
    My game of 2012, graphically it is excellent and performs well on most modern PC builds, it is an open world game which made me cautious after Far Cry 2, however they managed to strike an amazing balance of Story, Gameplay, Exploration and Action, with enough of its own ideas injected to make it really stand out.

The character development is very cool, true the "friends" are pretty
    generic but some of the antagonists are incredibly entertaining in a dark and twisted way, and Far Cry 3 really is the best example I can think of where your actions throughout the story truly change the character and judgement of the character you play.

My only criticisms would be that there is perhaps to much to explore and find, which for the completionist or OCD inflicted can really drag out the hours, however, if you focus on the core elements such as, Towers Bases, Hunting and Missions you should find nothing but entertainment from this great game.
  38. Jun 24, 2013
    Ubisoft could really use a long talk with Bethesda. Far Cry 3 is a game which straddles genres; half First-person Shooter, half RPG experience. And it's obvious which it is descended from. The developers have done a great job making an open-world game, with detailed settings, beautiful models, and engaging but rewarding progression-based gameplay. What they have lacked is and understanding about WHICH bits of the game people (people like me) will find fun; the populated areas are woefully dull, the skill progression is uninteresting and too short and simple, the lack of multiple options in terms of quests, missions, factions, are all RPG elements that are missing from this RPG. Still a great laugh though, very fun, very beautiful. Expand
  39. Jul 3, 2013
    Great story, breathtaking large island which lives its own life. Excellent graphics and optimization for older video cards (I played the 8800gts). I wish the characters would look like people, and then stood like idiots with a straight face. The animation is also not very much, but it is only minor flaws. All in all a great game.
  40. Jun 27, 2013
    The game is amazing! Since the characters, the graphics (very beauty), the sound of guns, gameplay And the story of the game then? One of, if not the best story of action games!
  41. Sep 20, 2013
    I felt like opening a Pandora's box when trying to determine the score for this game. If you compare it to games of the modern era only, it's hard to not give it a 10. If you look at it more broadly though, the score drops.

Far Cry 3 is a Ubisoft game through and through. Their niche seems to be GTA-inspired sandbox games (AC, FC, SR). FC3 is exactly that. I was going to call it "GTA on
    an island" first, but that's not really fair. Then again, it's not completely wrong either. The game also seems to borrow small elements from AC series, which depending on your point of view can either be a good or a bad thing.

As for my opinion, the story and setting were really solid, even if a bit schizophrenic. The main character is more or less an ordinary guy with no goals in life, but then he finds some and becomes an elite commando army of one. There's some voodoo and stuff like that involved though. And that really sets the tone of the game. It's not really meant to be a realistic simulator, although it may look to do that on the outside. When you get deeper into it, you'll see that the game is full of supernatural elements as well and as such, the fact that you can see all the points of interest on the minimap automatically didn't really bother me. I especially liked how the game handled some bossfights. Not necessarily because they were QTEish, but because if they were normal shooting gallery sequences, that would've just sucked.

Other strong points were equipment customizability, animations, level of detail, voice acting, some of the dialogue, sidemissions that were actually fun and last but not least, the fact that you can just roam around the map doing whatever you want. The game also looks damn gorgeous with all the graphics turned high.

As for the bad side of things, well, the combat isn't really made to be challenging or balanced. As such, the ugly side of modern gaming raises up it's head once more. This game isn't hard. It's easy, even. And once again, it's a bit spoonfeedy. Despite that, I think it keeps itself together really nice.
    I didn't try multiplayer, but co-op was a useless tack-in to boost sales. There's also level-grinding and stuff like that involved in the multiplayer/co-op, which I don't approve of.

To explain what I said earlier about the score of the game dropping if you rate it taking into account more than just the modern era, I mean that this game doesn't necessarily offer a whole lot of new things, and I think it does things a bit tongue-in-cheek to compensate for that. But then, it's such a well-executed, fun and high production value package that I can't just go full cynic on it.

Don't take this game too seriously and you'll have a fun ride that can last up to 30 hours.
  42. Oct 23, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an amazing First Person Shooter! You will love the voice acting done by Vaas, the visuals, the music, and the game play! It is defiantly worth putting up with UPlay for!

What's Here: You start out as a scared and wimpy character who as he kills slowly becomes more and more a scary insane badass willing to do anything to get his revenge. You can customize the guns to your
    style of play and you can take two different approaches most of the time to your style of play. Stealth or Run n' Gun. You may also explore the island and take on different missions and side quests as well. Although as the story progresses it takes a sharp decline as one of the protagonists just vanishes and makes you question a lot of things. I don't like to talk about the story much so if you play you can find out.

Gameplay: The game plays out like your usual FPS where you run shoot climb shoot duck shoot and overall just slaughter your way through thousands of enemies. So yeah it's generic but how it unfolds is where it's at! You can make the game a whole lot easier by doing the side quests and outposts and becoming a much more stronger Warrior and taking on Vaas and Hoyt's armies. The hunting is truly done well as each section has their own environments and you can even watch animals hunt other animals. Which brings me to my next part.

Visuals: If you have the PC for it you'll defiantly see it! WOW! JUST WOW! The island is just beautiful. The lush trees. The animal designs. The water. The beach. The gun designs. Nothing beats seeing it all while on your hand glider too! it's a real breath taking experience seeing it all on Ultra. Ubisoft really outdid themselves here!

Sounds: While music isn't all that great but it's not bad just doesn't stand out the voice acting deserves massive amount of credit here. Michael Mando playing the part of Vaas really out did himself here. You'll want to play the game again just to hear the parts! It's so amazing! The guns have stellar sounds as well. No complaints here on them as they sounded pretty damn good. When explosives go off near you and how sounds knida mute out and you get dizzy that was well done as well it pulled me in and made me think I was in the fight.

Controls: While keyboard and mouse are difficult for driving at times for me they may not be for all I found it a lot easier on gamepad to drive than anything else but I learned... well a lil after so many hours of game play. I still suck though. So driving is difficult but everything else works great! No problems handling the hand glider or driving (with my gamepad) or shooting at all. Extremely responsive and no bugs or glitches to report on my end.

Overall: This game is a 9/10! It loses points because the story towards the end was just down right boring and generic. Though there were some parts that made me cringe and go wow... what the I would defiantly recommend this game to everyone.

Warning: This does require UPlay which is a huge disappointment! I was extremely pissed off at first but the game is still a 9/10... I just hate Ubisoft for doing this
  43. Jul 12, 2013
    the story is staged perfectly. The theme of insanity is present all the way, be it in the form of the characters or in the form of cruelty and the craziness of events that can be found everywhere on the island(s). The music was breathtaking it's as simple as that. This music combined with magnificent sights and trippy cutscenes made for such an immersive experience! Besides Vaas is one of the greatest antagonists I've ever seen in a movie or a game. Besides the open world gameplay and the way battles play out is executed professionally. Overall a great 'trip'! Expand
  44. Jul 16, 2013
    An unbelievable graphic, the best I ever seen in a Video game with a beautiful game experience. It's story is really really long, to finish the campaign you have to spend a very long time
  45. Jul 18, 2013
    Very Briefly, Good game. More than slightly console ruined.. but not enough to stop me playing it non stop.. start to finish.. My grievances No saving (due to autosave feature), not enough keyboard utilization... animals making noises to announce themselves while stalking you... lol .
    I could go on but won't... because... I did enjoy the game a fair amount. Value=$25
  46. Jul 25, 2013
    COD in jungle? Nope, you are wrong. Far Cry 3 is way beyond that. It is like going on to an extreme holiday. It is a masterpiece, it is an experience. Graphics, check. AI and mechanics, check. Worth the every penny of your 60 bucks. Best FPS ever made.
  47. Aug 3, 2013
    Wow! This is the most incredible game, both visuals-wise and gameplay-wise, that I have played in a very long time! It looks beautiful on max settings. There is always so much to do, be it a side mission, hunting (which, unlike in other games, is essential to progressing), and just exploration of the huge map in general. However, it sometimes can feel like not a lot is going on, and I'll often find myself driving for 10 minutes or more with nothing happening. But other than that, this is a very solid title. Great job! Expand
  48. May 11, 2014
    Yes, it’s one of the greatest FPS-es of 2013. A beautiful, large open world makes this an instant hit…but it’s not bad that the shooting mechanics are there too. Far Cry 3 has it’s flaws, but the pros overwhelm them by a mile. Let’s see…

MORE ON: http://prosncons.22web.org/

+ It’s a beautiful open world in which you want to get lost. Don’t care about the missions, just go out there,
    on foot and find the secrets of this magnificent island.
    + The setting is a breath of fresh air. We’ve seen a lot of sandbox games, but rarely they break out from the confinements of the big cities. At first, you wonder how an island can work as a setting for this game, in the end, you don’t want to go back to the city ever again.
    + The AI is exceptional, and partly this makes the world living. You meet bandits and friends in the world on their own mission while bigger animals hunt the smaller one and occasionally attacking humans too. It’s a realistic ecosystem that makes the game more enjoyable.
    + Far Cry 3 contains awesome lot of stuff to do. The main story takes around 12 hours to complete, but you can do side-quests, liberate outposts, take on races, hunt animals or enemies, and a lot more. Repetition is out of the question.
    + One person: Vaas. One of the antagonists delivers a stunning performance that is rarely seen in video games. It’s one of the best performances ever in a video game.

~ The character development is good, but doesn’t introduce anything new. Jason Brody is an essential part of the story and not just it’s abilities develop, but his personality too. From a rich spoilt kid to the warrior of the Rakyat. We have seen this too many times.
    ~ The story is shallow at best and won’t thrill you all the way, but has its moments, mainly when you go eye-to-eye with one of the antagonists.
    ~ The co-op campaign (with a different story on the same island) is a good addition, but doesn’t offer anything like the the main campaign.

- Side quests aren’t much of an addition. Yes, they have their own – very superficial – stories, but all of them take 15 minutes max to complete and usually the same task. Get something from 100 meters away and bring it back.
    - The ending is the real disappointment here. It will leave you puzzled, as why would anyone think it was a good idea to put a life changing choice in the end of a game that didn’t include any choice up to that point.

Time to beat: 12 hours (main campaign), 20+ hours (side-quests and min-games).
    Replay Value: 3/5
    In one word: Insanely beautiful
    On P’n’C scale: Instant Favorite
    Must give points: 91

MORE ON: http://prosncons.22web.org/
  49. Sep 23, 2013
    If you're a fan of beautiful landscapes and amazing story, than Far Cry 3 is for you. This game had some of the best graphics and textures in a video game, and if you think you have seen the best looking water in a game, think again, because Far Cry 3 has the best looking oceans and rivers I have ever seen. The story is one of the best I have ever experienced. One of the best endings in a video game. Fantastic writing. Only problem I had were occasional graphical pop-ins, but nothing severe. Expand
  50. Sep 4, 2013
    A great game and my personal favourite. It did everything that far cry 2 didnt. It is not skyrim with gun it is wayyyyy better. And every mechanick in the game was really good
  51. Dec 16, 2013
    As a player of FarCry 2 i was impelled to try this. I waited for it to come out on sale in case i was upset. the only thing i am upset about id not getting it sooner. What a stunning game. So much to do and see, it can keep you entertained for hours on end. Fantastic. Takes some getting used to in my opinion but its great.
  52. Jan 13, 2014
    This game is simply perfect, story is best,characters are also impressive.In addition this game has best graphics,far cry 2 was not so much attractive but this is really a master piece. Its story has no link to far cry 2,pc version contains so much bugs like sometimes u cant pick up a weapon.For me,this game is capable of getting 9 at least.
  53. Sep 21, 2013
    Thank you Ubisoft for more than 30 hours of pure fun!
    The game is really great, and there is so many opportunities. I'm so close to give this game 10 straight, but there are a few things i feel like there's missing. A thing i would really have loved would be if you could play through the whole game in CO-OP, and not just play some special missions.
    Also i wouldn't recommend just trying
    to finish the missions/extra missions, spend some time looking around the Island, and discover some of the secret places. If you're just trying to finish the objectives you pretty much repeat the same route over and over again, which is not funny:
    You clear a mission You activate the nearby radiotower You clear the outposts in the new area ->You clear the missions that you unlock when you get a new outpost.
    I haven't had any problems with this, since im spending alot time exploring the island, killing animals to upgrade my capacity, and finding plants to get the best possible medicin. I also love to try new tactics at every outpost and see what works out best.
    IMPORTANT: I'm not trying to decide how you wanna play the game, it's just a heads up since it's something i've been thinking about when i unlock new radio towers.
    There are just so many cool features in this game, that i decided to look at some of the less fascinating things about this game.
    What i thought after a while in Far Cry 3:I bought this game on Steam when it was 50% off (Price was 15 Euro) and now i allmost feel bad i didn't pay full price for this awesome game!
    Im waiting for ya, Far Cry 4!
  54. Jun 27, 2014
    Ubisoft you did it again!
    Absolutely amazing!
    Memorable characters, Great plot, Interesting side-quests AMAZING weapons and add-ons,
    and I LOVE the outpost-capturing system.
    If this game was a person, i would throw money at him non-stop.
  55. Oct 20, 2013
    While this game is not perfect it is definitely a great game and ticks enough boxes to earn 9/10. My only big complaints are the QTEs that are a form of game-design-pollution that must disappear. The island is a masterpiece of landscape/level design. The shooting mechanics are excellent. Skill trees and challenges do the job. The story is GREAT, and the NPCs are well written and well acted. The game is good for 2 play-throughs. Multiplayer is pretty good as well. As for the Ubisoft layer of DRM, its a big negative and a total waste of time.

Orctowngrot
  56. Oct 24, 2014
    First PC game for me to rate 9/10 in many years.

I first have to say that, at this point in 2014 most of the bugs are fixed and what's mentioned in bad reviews is fixed by now so you don't have to worry about technicalities.

In short, it's a open world FPS game similar to Borderlands but with much less RPG elements and much more realistic tendencies. You start off as this very
    vulnerable nobody, stuck in a jungle riddled with pirates and dangerous animals against your will with only knife and a pistol at your disposal. Combat realism is close to Crysis 3 but not as refined – as game progresses you become more powerful and thus combat becomes less realistic but more interesting and challenging. Overall, gameplay is unique and a fresh experience, once you get used to it, it’s very fun!

Story has an interesting set of antagonist but overall, it’s crap overall which is fitting for a FPS, they didn’t even bother to get emotional or anything, it’s basically just there to fulfill the gameplay. It is made up of interesting and challenging missions but often boring un-interruptible cut scenes. The main first antagonist, Vaas, could have been used much more but instead is just occasionally encountered – his appearance and (in my opinion fun) character was unexpectedly minor in the game.

Music is spectacular but rarely heard, only during action sequences, missions and occasional car radio (in game vehicles only seldom have radios).

Visuals are excellent but nothing spectacular, not even close to Crysis 3, which is expected due to its open-world nature and mild hardware requirements. If you had just finished Crysis 3 you’ll be very disappointed but game play makes up for it by far. Unfortunately, NVidia owners will experience small bugs and quirks quite often. There are also unusual FPS drops – switching to window mode and back into full screen (Alt+ENTER) fixes this, luckily it doesn’t happen often.

Gameplay is extremely fun combination of sneaking upon, going all Rambo on or avoiding enemies. It’s not as refined or realistic as Crysis 3 but it’s in my opinion more fun! It can get spooky, very exciting, fun and even quite funny at times. Game awards you a lot of points for being sneaky but you can easily finish the game in a very… um, explosive manner! If you opt out for Rambo style, game “awards” you by bringing reinforcements which means even more fun and more xp points. If you’re a stealthy assassin, game awards you extra points for various available methods of murdering enemies and staying undetected till the last enemy. You don’t have to pick just one style, there are three “skill trees” but if you play all side missions, quests and kill a lot of pirates, you can get easily all the skills. Small part of the game is made up of collecting herbs, items and such RPG style crap but time-wise it’s less than 2% of the gameplay.

The only serious criticism I have is the fact that you have to kill some animals to obtain things like a bigger loot sack. There’s even a side mission where you have to blow up “rabid” dogs with an RPG or kill a bunch with a flame thrower. Seriously? What’s next, killing ebola-infected babies with a flame thrower? Whoever made these missions is IMO a serious hazard to society. I understand if there’s an option to do something (e.g. you can murder children in some D&D games) but a mission dedicated to it is a whole new level of sick.
  57. Feb 1, 2014
    As a long-time fan of the Far Cry series I did what is usually a mistake: I got extremely hyped for this game to come out and set my expectations very high - which usually leads me to being very disappointing; well, that is completely NOT the case with Far Cry 3! This game is the definition of action (and insanity :D)!
    PROS:
    +The world is massive! If you read my reviews you already know
    I go gaga over open world games.
    +This game has some of the best antagonists out of any other video game I have ever played! (The best villains would probably go to the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.)
    +Incredible voice acting! Like blow-your-face-out-the-back-of-your-head good voice acting!
    +The beginning of the game is extremely intense! You're constantly running from everything because you're weak and vulnerable (basically, you're a person) and you know a group of pirates or a single tiger can kill you - you get such a vivid painting of the terror of survival!
    +Related to the one above; this game executes the survival aspect superbly.
    +While it is reputation of Ubisoft to have cringe-worthy animations they do a really good job in FC3.
    +If you don't know already, you have the option to take over pirate camps - you have at least 3 ways to approach each base, so you can play your own style in this game - or even experiment with other play styles.
    +The story isn't incredible like lets say GTA V, or the Last of Us, but it is enjoyable and you'll remember it for a few years, maybe.
    CONS:
    -The story missions are linear. I don't know why they decided to do that, but they did: An example of this could be that when you take over a base you can do it half stealthy and half action, action, or stealth; the game in the missions supply you with an infamous yellow-bubble of linearness; this bubble makes you play the mission how it wants you to play the mission. Poor development choice if you ask me...
    -If you take over a pirate base they stop spawning in that area - which craps on the survival aspect the game does so well.
    Yes, yes, yes I would recommend this game to anyone - even if they don't like FPS games! It is so worth your money and if you don't have it, pick it up NOW!
  58. Oct 25, 2013
    I think this game is one of the best games ever,because this game is really. I like this game ,because here is very nice missions and quality. This game can be the best game of 2012 years.
  59. Oct 27, 2013
    One of the best games out there in the FPS line of games. I has a lot of play time and a great replay value. (one of the best ever for a FPS game) It has solid controls and Effing great graphics. the crafting is spot on and the AI is on the high side of decent. The Multiplayer is great! it even has its own map editor! but the Uplay crap gets VERY annoying at times. and it requires a Pretty impressive CPU to run. 9/10 Expand
  60. Nov 17, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played.
    I did not expect it to be so good, I was expecting a linear, boring game play with a predictable ending but it was so good that I will play it again some time in the future.
  61. Jul 6, 2014
    Really enjoyed this game! Vaas Montenegro is one of my favourite evil video game characters of all time.
    The overall theme had the same flaw at first to storylines like Avatar - white man comes to save the natives - kinda offensive when you think about it. However, the ending turns this on it's head very well. Not going to give spoilers, but all is not what it seems.
    When it comes to
    the ending, I honestly don't see what people were complaining about! I thought it was well played on the part of the writer.
    While fun, there were flaws to the gameplay itself - the AI was often a little buggy and I ended up with WAY too much money and loot very quickly!
    But overall it was a fun experience in a pretty setting. Giving this one a good score!
  62. Nov 22, 2013
    The graphics are absolutely amazing, I'm running a Radeon HD 7770 with settings on "Ultra". I'm a big fan of Far Cry 2 and these visuals are much more polished and photo realistic in my opinion. While this game does have RPG elements it is not Skyrim, and really shouldn't be compared to Skyrim. This is a shooter in an "open world jungle island" setting with a somewhat linear plot(when you're focusing on the plot). Compared to other shooters like COD and Bioshock the controls are very tight and responsive and do not disappoint. The weapons are nicely detailed and can be customized to fit your play style. The cookie cutter enemy pirates and taking over camp after camp can get be a bit repetitive, but you really have a lot of freedom to have fun with it. There are many interesting ways to take over an enemy camp, lots of freedom. The menu system can be rather maddening, mostly to do with mouse lag in menus(there may be a way to fix this but it hasn't bothered me to that point). The story isn't Oscar worthy but it definitely has it's awesome moments, cut scenes are well rendered and quite gorgeous. I haven't played much multiplayer but it seems very much like COD, I definitely need to find someone to do co-op missions with. Overall I think Ubisoft did a really good job with this one, I'm on my second play through and still having a blast. I'd highly recommend to anyone who enjoyed Deus Ex, Bioshock, Crysis, or even the recent GTA games. I do hate to compare it to other games though seeing as Far Cry has kinda become it's own genre. Expand
  63. Jan 4, 2014
    Far Cry 3, exceeded my expectations. The only problem I had with this game other than some of the boxes when going on a sloped surface is that after finishing the game I lost the will to play it again for a long time, even though I told myself I'll complete all the side-quests.
    The story is amazing and it truly makes you feel a part of it. You develop feelings for characters, for some you
    feel sorry, some make you laugh and some you admire. Even the antagonists are characters you feel for them.
    The open world and the ways you reveal it are a big part of the game and it pretty much scores it.
    From the little things like driving, crafting or gaining skills to the shooting and completing the game Far Cry 3 nails it.
    All I can say is that I highly recommend every shooter and campaign enthusiasts to get the game.
    Multiplayer is great but nothing too special.

I can't wait for Far Cry 4.
  64. Jan 10, 2014
    Never played the first 2 games. So this is a brand new experience to me. Far Cry 3 Is a very good game.
    The story is at the top of it's game with interesting characters and lets be honest one of the most memorable side villains of all time in gaming, Vaas his appearances in game were my favorite moments in the game.
    The Open World element is strong too. Vast Jungles to the Open seas make
    this the most entertaining FPS of the year.
    The Multiplayer was mediocre but some features shined such as the Game Ending Cinematics with the top 3 players of the winning team and the best player of the losing team, The 1st place player of the winning team chooses to Spare or Kill the losing player, which I found very funny also the map edit feature was excellent as well.

65. Jan 25, 2014
    (Note: If you don't have a good computer, it will not run, and even if it does, it'll be extremely laggy.) This game is purely amazing. I'm a huge fan of open world games (Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, etc.) so when I saw this, I had to get it. It has some of the best graphics I've ever seen, and a open world as big as Morrowind. The RPG mechanics are pretty good too. If you are a fan of FPS, RPG, or Adventure games, this game is a must have. Expand
  66. Dec 5, 2013
    This game was absolutely amazing there was a beautiful environment large crafting system wide selection of weaponry there were only a few bad things such as occasionally bad A.I the game got a bit TOO easy but that didn't spoil my love of this flawless game. I highly recommend this game!
  67. Dec 30, 2013
    If there is one thing I really like about games, its the ability to continue playing even after the story missions are complete. Far cry 3 gives you this in a number of ways, allowing you to have hours of fun after you play through the full story. Far cry 3 is a completely massive game, with pirate outposts, towns, wildlife, radio towers, memorable landmarks, temples, ect. The game feels alive, and sometimes when your just walking through the jungle your eye will catch a tiger chasing a goat, or a pack of dogs with rabies running down a deer. Or you might walk right into a little creek, then get jumped by a alligator. Little skirmishes between the jungle tribes are happening everywhere, and there is different types of side missions, that unlock as you liberate more pirate outposts. The more time you give into this game, the sweeter it is. Start liberating outposts, and your bulletin boards will fill up with work requests and side missions to entertain you further. Hunt animals for their hides, and you will be able to craft new gear and hostlers with the surprisingly deep crafting system, that allows you to upgrade your pouches and gear in a number of ways, craft a wallet to hold more money, or craft a fuel sling to be able to refill your flamethrower. Craft a extra weapon hostler to carry a sidearm if your a sniper-type player, or craft a rucksack if your the exploring, looting type. The story was good, and I''m not going to spoil anything, but it is a fairly mature story, with drugs, murdering, torture, ect. The gun-play is fun, and planning a strategy filled attack on a pirate outpost can provide endless fun, especially since there is virtually infinite ways to attack outposts, snipe people off with a sniper/assault rifle from a distance, go in with an LMG, screaming and throwing grenades at everything, or play it stealthily, with a silent but deadly recurve bow and a silenced sidearm. One other cool thing is that fire spreads, and that can result in some really fun to use tactics, such as smoking them out by tossing a molotov on the roof of the building, then blasting them away from the safety of a little sniper nest on the hill, or maybe waiting just outside with a shotgun.

I really enjoyed this game. 9.3/10.
  68. Dec 7, 2013
    Don't buy this game for multiplayer buy it for its awesome and intense single player campaign that has all the things you want for a first person shooter and open world game all on one disc
  69. Mar 2, 2014
    A wonderful game.

Enjoyable missions, varied tasks, a good story, an emotional connection to characters, minimal "grind" or "walking simulation". On the whole, a satisfying ride that I'll probably come back to again to play all the way through.
  70. Dec 22, 2013
    This game is definitely one of the best/my favorite games of all time, I've spent countless hours playing this game all night leveling up, hunting, killing, and progressing through the amazing story.
    I give Far cry 3 an 10/10. I hope more people buy this masterpiece of a game to enjoy the same experiences I did.
  71. Dec 25, 2013
    By far the best single player shooter I have ever played. I have psent over 200 hours playing this game and feel like I have barely skimmed the surface. The mission are thrilling, suspensful and comedic at times too (like buring down marijuana fields with flamethrowers). The different islands are huge and there are so many animals to hunt, so many collectibles and so many things to unlock that one can barely ever finish this game. The characters are extremely memorable and the two big bad guys are frightening as well as completely mad. I was so drawn into thsi game that I played it for over 15 hours the first day I got it. the multiplayer is a blast aswell, and I spent many horus playing both with my friends and against them. YOU MUST BUY THIS, IT IS AS CLOSE TO PERFECTION AS A SHOOTER WILL EVER GET- Expand
  72. Dec 27, 2013
    Far Cry 3 was my favorite game from 2012. An open world game that gives you a ton of choice on how you want to approach different situations. The story is also a believable one as its main character, as the story progresses, begins to enjoy killing and satires all of the first person shooters where all you do is kill people. There are plenty of side missions, that include bounties and hunting the wildlife on the island. There is a lot of satisfying content in Far Cry 3. Graphically the game is phenomenal and the game is at just the right length to where you'll never say to yourself "Ugh, when is this gonna end?" Overall, Far Cry 3 exceeded my expectations and any gamer would enjoy themselves playing it. Expand
  73. Dec 27, 2013
    I have to say between 2012- 2013 i have bought over 20 games from GTA 5, Skyrim, to rome total war 2. yet this is the only game that i feel has a proper finished feeling to it! yes graphics and story is all good, but what really makes it special is the originality of the close quarters combat, not even Skyrim is close to it, which one would expect after having developed 3 before daggerfall, morrowing and oblivion, for a CQC game skyrim fighting is bulkish at best and nowhere near as original as far cry 3, i spend most of my time trying original ways to clear camps using cqc and is one of the reasons that have motivated me to finish it for a third time on very hard. the last time i was motivated to do so in a game was metal gear snake eater! by far one of the most polished games of the last 2 years Expand
  74. Jan 3, 2014
    An way better experience than Far Cry 2
    Beautiful graphics great story and an whole tropical island for you
    It's an really great game and it deserves to be played
  75. Jan 3, 2014
    Having played Far Cry 2 and getting bored before finishing it, I wasn't sure whether it was worth playing this, but it was on steam for 5 quid and a friend told me it was much better. He was totally right!! I really enjoyed playing through this game and even once the story missions was over I wanted to continue, which is rare for me.

I think the main improvements on the last game (which
    I can't remember all that well tbh) are the emphasis on hunting and crafting items and the storyline which I thought was strong if a little far fetched, but hey, we don't always play games/watch TV/read for realism anyway. I thought the voice acting was good especially from the various antagonists. Graphics as with FC2 are very good and ran well on my mid level machine after quite a bit of tweaking.

My main criticism of this game was no proper support for playing with both gamepad mouse and keyboard as driving is a right pain with the keyboard and I like to have the option when not engaged in combat to choose between the two (helps with the RSI's lol). The only reason I can think why they did this is because of the use of prompts throughout the game. Anyway I found a WORK AROUND of sorts which was to set it to gamepad (I used a wireless 360) and when I switched it off it automatically switched to mouse and keys, and back again when I switched back on. You'd think it would have been easy enough to automatically switch the prompts to the last input device used on the fly, right!?

If you're going to play this make sure you spend a good chunk of time early on, hunting, crafting, and capturing radio towers (unlocks weapons as well as maps). Also make use of the camera when preparing to raid a camp as it make life a lot easier, as do some of the syringes.

I'm giving this a 9 but it's probably more like 8.6

Funniest/Most disturbing moment of the game "You know...I never thought I'd be able to kill someone. The first time, it felt wrong. Which is good, right? But now...it feels like winning."

Probably gonna do some more "winning" on FC3 Blood dragon next or maybe Skyrim which I just got for dirt cheap off steam as well. Happy days :D
  76. Jan 5, 2014
    Only one thing, Incredible Certainly one of my favourite game.. Great grapichs, great story line and most of all great characters.. Pretty fun also the editor mod
  77. Jun 23, 2014
    Maybe my expectations are low. But I was looking for a new kind of game and I found it. I hate hard games where you get stuck, but Far Cry is hard enough. I hate games that are repetitive and require saves and loads and dying. Worse like Dues Ex you have to remember when you saved it and what you did so you don't do it again or miss something (otherwise Dues Ex is great!) Far Cry is the right mixture of RPG and action. I don't like pure action and I don't like RPG's but this combo is excellent. I have found no bugs. It hasn't crashed on me. It runs smoothly. The enemy are as intelligent as they need to be. . I can't give it 10 because maybe Far Cry 4 will be better and I wont know how to score it... How anybody can give it less than 5 I really don't know. Expand
  78. Jun 27, 2014
    Far Cry 3. A little while back I reviewed Far Cry 2, the prequel to this game. I thought it was a little underrated, and I thought Far Cry 1 was overrated. Most people disliked Far Cry 2 because of its meh story and realism, but I loved the game for those reasons, and I thought it was definitely worth playing. As for Far Cry 1, I thought it was little more than a tech demo for the first Crysis. Now I have played Far Cry 3, which takes the game's setting away from Africa, and back to the tropical island type of setting from Far Cry 1. However, it still retains most if not all of the open world freedom of Far Cry 2, and gets rid of most of the realism, and provides a better story. So, is this tropical island a paradise that you will spend hours getting lost in, or is Far Cry 2 still the superior Far Cry game? Let's find out. The gameplay of this game is slightly different from its predecessor. Yes, it is still a first-person shooter, and there is still an open world for you to explore, just like the last game. However, this game is slightly different because the game mechanics have been greatly improved. For those of you who were unhappy with the stealth mechanics of Far Cry 2, your prayers have been answered. Stealth is emphasized much more in this game than it was in the last game. It is now much easier to kill enemies quietly when they're not looking. Another improvement this game made on the last one is the inclusion of perks and skill trees. Perks give your character more power, and the more perks you have, the more will be available later on in the game. The skill trees in this game make this game have elements of The Elder Scrolls and Fallout in it, which is always a nice touch, as the perks in both of the former made the games much more enjoyable. The open world has also been improved. There is now much more to do than ever in Far Cry 3. You can assault enemy outposts however you want, help natives on certain quests, and play mini games such as poker and knife throwing. Of course there are also story missions, which have been improved from Far Cry 2, thanks to the game now having a much easier story to follow. Because you can approach this game's missions however you please, the game is much more enjoyable. Stealthy players will find plenty of options to hide in the shadows, and kill enemies. Long range players will be able to use sniper rifles to pick off enemies from a distance. Players who just like to charge in guns blazing will be able to do that too. The AI is also a challenge in this game. The enemies know how to alert allies if you are attacking them, and they also use cover very effectively. This game's AI is among the best I have ever seen in a video game. Even on the easiest difficulty I died several times because of this game's advanced A.I. As for problems with the gameplay, there really aren't very many at all. The only minor gripe I have with the gameplay is that there are a few bugs, but these bugs are few and far between. This game is insanely fun to play no matter how you decide to play it. As for the graphics, I think Crysis has lost its majesty as the best looking PC game I have ever played. This game just barely beats the original Crysis in terms of graphics. Far Cry 3 is a beautiful looking game. Everything in this game is rich with detail, looks very colorful, and looks realistic to boot. The graphics of this game have won my award for the best graphics ever seen in a video game. As for the story, it has also been improved. It may not be as good as some other stories I have seen in video games, but it is still an improvement over Far Cry 2's bland and boring story. You play as a man named Jason Brody, who has to rescue his friends from a band of pirates and mercenaries led by two insane evil men. This time, the premise is good, the characters are well developed, and the plot is smoother and easier to follow than the previous game. The story of this game is fantastic, even though it's not quite as good as other titles. Overall, this game is fantastic. It is a huge improvement over Far Cry 2, as it improved on just about everything that made Far Cry 2 such a great game. I recommend this title to just about anyone who wants to play a video game. Unless of course, they are offended by some of this game's mature content.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Story: 9/10
    Overall: 10/10
  79. Jan 28, 2014
    The best gaming experience I have ever had. The game is so good. Perfect graphics, amazing gameplay and an open world. Feel free to have fun! Best game ever!
  80. Mar 26, 2014
    +Impressive Stealth
    +Weapon Customisation is a Lot of Fun to Use
    + Hunting Animals are Fun
    The Cons -
    - Vaas needed more screen time
    - Boss Battles are Quick Time Events

Overall Verdict -
    9/10 Incredible
  81. Feb 20, 2014
    As a fat gay dad, I really enjoyed this game. The weapons are varied and the stealth is well realised. You can run over wildlife in this game. No penises or obese women.
  82. Aug 7, 2014
    This game is a masterpiece. I'm not a big fan of shooters, but this one... well, after long day at work I sit to this game and I just have FUN. A lot of great fun. This is a briliant mix of relaxing shooting and funny exploring. Always something to do. Many nice weapons, very good graphic, nice story. Many options which absorb You totally. This game is a MUST HAVE for everyone who like a good fun.
  83. Mar 2, 2014
    farcry 3 is like jurasic park expect you dont kill dinosuars . it is amazing and it is breathtaking and the best adventure creating the most epic brilliant game ever .
  84. Mar 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the best game I have played and I think that many people also liked it
    because the game has a good plot and a beautiful graphics similar to Crysis 3.
    I have rated this game on 9 because I saw some bugs for example: when I was
    bitten by shark, protagonist began to pull the bullet out of the hand. Another
    reason why you must play this game, it is the antagonist Vaas Montenegro
    (leader of the pirates). He is cruel and unpredictable also he is always
    swearing. Despite small disadvantages the game is interesting and very colorful.
  85. Mar 12, 2014
    Awesome game with an impressive open world; Lots of opportunities for wandering. A nice plot and well-made side missions. Far Cry3 is a perfect game. Salute to Ubisoft!
  86. Jun 2, 2014
    Definitely get this game if it is on sale for $20 or under, it's packed full of great stealth sequences which are fluid and rewarding, a skill tree packed with innovative and useful perks, excellent gunplay with a medley of interesting weapons, all allowing for your own unique playstyle(burn your enemy out with molotovs, flare guns or flamethrowers, or carefully snipe your enemy with bows and snipers, or even go full out rambo with LMGs and shotguns), and a great, subversive story which isn't so much about a white American stoner going to an island and killing lots of people, as it is about the true cost and insanity of living in a fantasy world and thinking that killing lots of people is a wonderful thing. Some people claim that halfway through the game, it loses its pacing, but for me personally, I think that all the characters are strong enough to keep on carrying the story forward in an engaging fashion, and even if they don't, then the gameplay always feels novel as you experiment with the wide range of guns, takedown techniques, and playstyles to become the ultimate hunter. Expand
  87. Mar 16, 2014
    is the best shooter I ve ever played. I enjoy every mission. the voices and movement of characters are very good. there s no words to describe how good this game is...
  88. Apr 20, 2014
    I really enjoy games with this type of open world environment that you can explore and also do this in the order you feel like is the most fun, The graphics of the game and how smooth it runs is just amazing.
    I Also enjoyed the story alot!!
  89. Apr 28, 2014
    this Is the best game ever....Best Fps...and amazing and stunning graphics....This is not a regular Fps like COD..If Unique and different with an interesting story...Definitely the best game of 2012
  90. May 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Jason Brody was never meant to be a killer, from the moment player’s step into his shoes Jason is scared and horror stricken as he watches his brother murder to try and liberate them from the pirates. Soon afterwards his brother is murdered by Vaas, the pirate leader who’s kidnapped his friends and family, alone and frightened Jason is taken in by the villagers who call this island home after narrowly escaping from the pirates.
    The tone of Far Cry 3 is set now, the game is dark and bleak, making players reconsider their own morals on violence. Jason doesn’t start off right away as wanting revenge, he simply wants to save his younger brother Riley and his friends. The power he feels every time he takes down an enemy is intoxicating, he enjoys it. An insecure young man now finds himself with a purpose, even telling another shell shocked friend that killing feels “like winning”.
    The game immerses you instantly, with splendid voice acting, Vaas gets inside the player’s head, questioning the insanity and futileness of never being able to kill the player. Through hallucinations and cut scenes the players discover the chill inducing similarities between Jason and Vaas. Causing the question to arise of whether or not the choices Jason makes can be considered morally right. The game brings forth the question, how far are you willing to go for those you care for? And what kind of person will you be after making those decisions?
    This lead to the moral dilemma of whether to go mass killing sprees to take over pirate bases, this is not necessary to further the plotline but is incredibly helpful to the player. Providing experience the more people that Jason kills the better he becomes earning experiences that can be used to buy upgrades to better handle weapons and fight. The bases also provide places for the player to sell goods and buy more supplies to further them along, taking over more bases also allows for new weapons to be unlocked that are incredibly powerful.
    Loss of control is the central theme moving the story along, from seeing the unhinged Vaas snapping at Jason and falling over the edge into insanity. Jason’s friends are shown to be unhinged or having completely lost it after days of torture. Jason is no exception from this, the man who once whimpered at the idea of someone being killed has now come to enjoy the slaughter, and it feels like winning after all.
    Not only for Jason but for the player as well, as Jason is developed and his transition from average civilian to ruthless killer, the player transitions with him. As the player progresses they can find ways they are most comfortable with in order to gain the most experience as well as having the game become easier as they upgrade. Being able to shoot open pens to have locked up tigers and bears attack pirates for you and allow you to take over the bases quicker can be a thrilling experience. The opportunity to cause raw chaos is invigorating, and why not throw in a Molotov while the base is in a panic? Nothing quite as fear inducing as a flaming bear coming right for your face. Feels like winning indeed.
    Far Cry 3 is a first person shooter that treats its characters and player for what they are, people with consciousness and their own moral standing. Should mass shooter games really be this enjoyable? Should the amount of violence and chaos seen be so naturally addictive to create? Maybe not, but it is.
  91. May 28, 2014
    Graphics: 10 Sound: 9.0 Gameplay: 9.0 Fun/Story: 9.2

Much better than far cry 2. It´s quality is like the first one and and these are good news. Graphics are amazing.
  92. Sep 16, 2014
    An amazing game, really fun to play, and with outstanding graphics. The controls are really enjoyable, and the history has some flaws, but Vaas character is simply one of the best villains of all game history.
  93. Aug 8, 2014
    Forget about the boring Africa, and welcome to a wonderful tropical island called Rook. Now, it is time for you to become Jason Brody, and learn the survival skills in the jungle, face with many dangerous species, and make some awesome takedowns on the pirates. Far Cry 3 has everything you've could dreamed of. Wonderful gameplay with detail, large open world, stunning graphic, deep, great story and amazing voice acting (at least for the main characters). But remember, just stick to the singleplay, or you'll kill everything that Far Cry 3's built in your heart with uninspiring multiplayer and a ridiculous co-op. Expand
  94. Jul 3, 2014
    Every now and then, I get an urge to play a good single player FPS. Far Cry has tended to be one of the more challenging, pretty, story-rich, and eccentric single player experiences I've encountered in an FPS. Far Cry 3 did not disappoint in this regard.

After Ubisoft took over development from Crytek after the first Far Cry, the series has taken a decidedly Assassin's Creed (AC
    hereinafter) feel in terms of how information is presented to the player, as well as how the world is revealed to the player. This means a classic AC map interface wherein all of the "stuff" you can do in the game is hidden until you scale tall radio towers (AC: climb tall buildings), fix the radio (AC: look around to see where everything is), and use a zip-line to alight safely back to the ground (AC: jump off tower into bale of hay). At this point, all activities you can partake in are available to you on the map. Once you head out to actually DO activities, the classic Far Cry feel returns. Reasonably challenging enemies that are much more challenging when you run in and try to gun everyone to death (this very well may result in death, in fact it's likely). If you did that in Far Cry (1) you were likely toast.

The environment is a beautiful lush jungle atmosphere with small-to-large villages scattered throughout. There's no way you'll be able to see where everyone you must take out is without doing a little bit of scouting first. THEN, after you've scouted everyone, then maybe you can run and gun successfully, mainly thank in part to the mark that remains on the top of the head of scouted enemies. One other thing to mention, enemies won't let you just sit in cover. They will flank you. They will be aggressive. Running around and using different cover and flanking them yourself is recommended! Oh, and uh, if you've never played a Far Cry before, enjoy the wildlife! They make things very interesting! Especially when they show up while you are trying to take over an encampment/village. And eat you.

Now, I said story-rich...don't take that to mean Pulitzer Prize winning writing. I just meant that this isn't your now-typical 5 hour Call of Duty campaign where you know nothing about the protagonist and those that surround him other than their battle skills. The story is pretty over-the-top, but that's part of the fun. Far Cry never takes itself too seriously and makes the player feel like a badass without making them feel too invincible. The music direction by Brian Tyler is pretty much spot on with some gems thrown in there...think very different types of music put in basically what are the perfect spots. They all fit so well and only added to my personal experience. I especially loved post-rock tracks.

With all the Steam sales Far Cry 3 has seen, I'm willing to bet many of you have already picked it up, and maybe even played it. But for those of you who have not purchased it, it is a solid buy for $30 and an absolute steal at anything $20 and under. If you already own it and it's sitting in your library uninstalled, then I recommend installing it and taking it for a spin. Personally, the experience was very fun and worth the time I spent playing (approx 30-40 hours, closer to 40 and I didn't do every last thing in the game).
  95. Sep 27, 2014
    A 2 year old game that still look's better then every game till date! The story is grate and the Wildlife is **** amazing!

con: Uplay is still the reason for Japan's high suicide rate!
  96. Aug 12, 2014
    I was expecting a lot from this game and that is what i got. Good graphics, not heavy for the PC, nice controls, nice story, all.
    Single player mode is great (maybe too easy?), feels like you are in a movie. Story is really involved.
    Co-op mode is a great addition as well.
    I really recommend it.
  97. Aug 16, 2014
    Farcry 3 is one of those games were you think why do I ever play multiplayer games. What I'm trying to say is that the game is absolutely beautiful, the gunplay is a mixture of satisfying and realistic, the stealth works great, the enemy ai is for the most part pretty smart, the open world is massive and there is always something to see or do, the story is exciting and tense (it is a combination of pocahontus and taken) you will meet some of the strangest well thought out characters in any game you will ever play. A fantastic fps, open world sandbox and in my opinion it is better than crysis 1. The only critiisimeses I have is uplay because it is just an inconvenience it always needs updating, starting up farcry 3 takes longer because it has to go through steam then start up uplay and it is constantly going offline which disturbs the game, lets be honest no consumer wants uplay to exist but I can get past it to play an awesome game. Expand
  98. Aug 30, 2014
    A very good shooter game...Very good graphics and pretty awesome environmental depictions!! The game has very good use of plenty guns! There some annoying animals which sometimes ruin your misions!!
  99. Sep 13, 2014
    Loved the game. From campaign to side mission to collectibles to upgrade weapons and hunting animals! The graphics and gameplay were amazing and the story was really good. It is a must buy.
  100. Sep 16, 2014
    Perfect. It has all what you wants: Graphics, story, gameplay. Ther has no week points you see it where you see it is awesome. You can die from a shot, or you can be atacked by a tiger or a shark. You will never remember all the map for his extending. Its **** huge. Perfect game
  101. Mar 6, 2013

2. Jan 29, 2013
    Exhilarating, colorful, mindless – that's Far Cry 3 in three words.
  3. Jan 24, 2013