Far Cry 3 PC

8.2

1. Dec 25, 2012
    Ubisoft has done a great job with far cry 3. I'll throw in a few cons and pros of game. Pros: 1. Awesome Environment: The Jungle comes to life in Far cry 3, The Animals, Rivers, & Few populated areas are well executed. 2. Gripping Story line: Far Cry 3 comes in with one of the best story lines of 2012. And its gets on a personal level too. Vaas (Main Antagonist) Pushes our hero to theUbisoft has done a great job with far cry 3. I'll throw in a few cons and pros of game. Pros: 1. Awesome Environment: The Jungle comes to life in Far cry 3, The Animals, Rivers, & Few populated areas are well executed. 2. Gripping Story line: Far Cry 3 comes in with one of the best story lines of 2012. And its gets on a personal level too. Vaas (Main Antagonist) Pushes our hero to the limits . 3. FC 3 Gave us One of the Best Characters of Video Game & That is Vaas. "Definition of Insanity" 4. Open Free World: If the gameplay was not enough for you. You've got plenty of area to discover and enemies to kill. with different levels of difficulties. 5. Combat system is pretty awesome too. You built your tree skill slowly and smartly as you progress into the game. CONS: 1. The ending of the game might not be that great. as the whole experience goes with the game. Though not that bad

2. Boss fights are a little bit let down. Boss fights are not that great. Would have worked in movie.. but not in games. 3. Couple of missions in the game were "Not Needed" actually. they game would be better off with out it. thought still fun. to play
  2. Dec 25, 2012
    As always, I'm left completely baffled by the Far Cry franchise and the third installment is no exception. It's la creme de la creme when it comes to open-world shooters and I could easily lose many an hour exploring Rook Island. All of the story-related characters feel incredibly dynamic and alive and you really feel their personalities shine through. It's awesome.
  3. Dec 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view.
  4. Dec 26, 2012
    This game is not without it's flaws. The promises of "Skyrim with guns" were nonsense (the sidequests are nothing more than uninspired grind when compared to the breadth of subplots in Skyrim), the weapons are a little samey; you find yourself sticking with the same weapon-set throughout despite new weapons being thrown at you all of the time. Also, this game hasn't escaped the consolationThis game is not without it's flaws. The promises of "Skyrim with guns" were nonsense (the sidequests are nothing more than uninspired grind when compared to the breadth of subplots in Skyrim), the weapons are a little samey; you find yourself sticking with the same weapon-set throughout despite new weapons being thrown at you all of the time. Also, this game hasn't escaped the consolation effect of games lately, the GUI is giant sized and cluttered, you are constantly being notified of the main quest objective and game mechanics you worked out 30 hours ago, the engine is badly optimised (even for my aging 4870x2), the save system is fiddly and an open world game that barks at me for leaving the mission area is laughable.

That said there is a great deal to sing the praises of for this game. From opening cutscene to the 50th hour of exploration you find yourself in a beautiful, believable world. From your clueless friends and your sadistic enemies to the pirate complaining about gonorrhea and the hired merc just trying to earn a paycheck without taking a flaming arrow to the neck. Every character seems to be well thought out.

The combat is satisfying, challenging and engaging from long range to hand to hand. The takedowns are especially organic feeling. Where Deus Ex HR gives you the ability to takedown two foes at once at hand to hand Far Cry 3 lets you kill from below, from above, with a knife, even with your enemy's own knife/pistol/grenade. The combat is always satisfying despite the draw to pick them off from a distance with your supressed .50 calibre sniper rifle. I'm really undecided on the story and will avoid spoilers in this review. It's a tough balacing act between your protagonist's growth as a character, his own personal story and the wider impact of his actions on the world around him. The former was handled very well but I'm not so sure that the latter was as convincing. None the less the key characters are wonderfully conceived and ought to be up there amongst the most memorable of video gaming.

It's a polished experience and a great deal of fun. It hasn't the story arc of Half Life or the open world of Skyrim but it's one of the better games of 2012.
  5. Dec 27, 2012
    Bonjour,,,j'étais un peu sceptique, après le deuxième épisode de la saga Far cry....qui était , il faut le dire "ennuyeux"... et puis au fur et a mesure que l'on avance, que l'on comprend le principe....c'est carrément génial....même si qq imperfections dans le game play ....c'est pour moi le meilleur jeu de l'annéeBonjour,,,j'étais un peu sceptique, après le deuxième épisode de la saga Far cry....qui était , il faut le dire "ennuyeux"... et puis au fur et a mesure que l'on avance, que l'on comprend le principe....c'est carrément génial....même si qq imperfections dans le game play ....c'est pour moi le meilleur jeu de l'année 2012.....aucun jeu ne m'aura captivé a ce point cette année.....les décors sublimes, l'aventure et le scénario de cette histoire vous tient coller au clavier de votre Pc pendant des heures.....et la chasse au crocodile , ........dément.....la fouille des corps un peu long ...mais , achetez le ... ce jeu le mérite amplement....et nous savons tous que ce n'est pas toujours le cas.... Expand
  6. Dec 27, 2012
    Yeah, it's, uh... it's an aggravating game. It's just the PC version I'm going to be going at, and I'm quite frankly pissed off to see that, in retrospect, I bought $50 for a game that at first looks good, is glorified and ultimately -lives up to it's potential.- It's also super **** aggravating to play stealthily trying to capture bases just to have it all crumble on you because the AI isYeah, it's, uh... it's an aggravating game. It's just the PC version I'm going to be going at, and I'm quite frankly pissed off to see that, in retrospect, I bought $50 for a game that at first looks good, is glorified and ultimately -lives up to it's potential.- It's also super **** aggravating to play stealthily trying to capture bases just to have it all crumble on you because the AI is **** I've lost so many points, thousands, over how **** this AI is. I've died too many times to count because they crap out reinforcements relentlessly. The graphics are great, the gameplay is good, but I just can't get into it. What also annoys me is how many times I'm jumped by a damn tiger, leopard or boar, even a buffalo which had been shot in the face over five times with a semi-automatic shotgun. The game is a **** joke and I'm glad I've uninstalled it. Good jesus. Expand
  7. Feb 1, 2013
    HUGE improvement over Far Cry 2. Very fun and beautiful scenery. NOT the Skyrim of FPS but close. Definitely worth it if you like challenges, FPS and fun. You can hang glide, drive boats, and explore interesting caves. LIKED IT!
  8. Dec 29, 2012
    I liked EVERYTHING about this game, great single player, really really fun Co-op mode (and challenging), great addictive multiplayer.

Some of features that I found really interesting are the Forgive/Punish at the end of each multiplayer match and the Farcry 3 outpost app, you can be at your work and still make progress in the game trough your smartphone, that was a genious strategy to keep the players attached to the game all day.
  9. Feb 8, 2014
    Pretty good game, it would probably be 9/10 if it weren't for some techincal issues... Overall good story, plenty of action, gigantic world, spent almost 50 hours finishing this one, definitly recommended
  10. Dec 30, 2012
    very enjoyable fxpoghkjdx[gpodf[gpoh[pfgxh[cpok[pokb[fpokgf[xpnogf[pknpogkhb][polkn][pcbo]npokgng]cp[ojn]p[vob]cvp[o][pbok]bvp[o]cp[kn]p[obvn][pbkn]pv kn]cnk
  11. Dec 31, 2012
    I have heard talk about how this game is like "Skyrim with guns". But I thought to myself, 'Isn't that basically just the Fallout games?' and I could tell from some gameplay videos and screenshots that wasn't quite right. After playing it for a while myself now I would have to say that it has a lot of similarities with Skyrim, but I think I would say that it is more like Red DeadI have heard talk about how this game is like "Skyrim with guns". But I thought to myself, 'Isn't that basically just the Fallout games?' and I could tell from some gameplay videos and screenshots that wasn't quite right. After playing it for a while myself now I would have to say that it has a lot of similarities with Skyrim, but I think I would say that it is more like Red Dead Redemption/Skyrim mix. Obtaining new weapons is not that hard, and neither is the AI. Though the AI is engaging enough that I enjoy both stealth and action encounters with them. The crafting is simple, Kill these, take their skin, voila! Though some animals take some skill to kill, and they all look beautifully done, it is a fun thing to do in the spare time of the game until you have crafted all of the items. Expand
  12. Dec 31, 2012
    A good open RPG/shooter game. Far Cry 3 really puts 'rail shooters' such as Call of Duty to shame, actually allowing players to choose how they're going to achieve their goal - are you going to sneak in, or go in with all guns blazing? It's down to the player's style of attack.

The story behind Far Cry 3 can seem unclear, but if you search around you can find-out how you ended up on the island - adding depth and further emotion behind the story. Upon completing the campaign you'll be left with your mouth open, asking for more.

There are only a few things that I can say against Far Cry 3, some of the side missions are either tediously slow and boring, I mean it's Far Cry 3, not Off-road Delivery Company Simulator. Some of the missions are almost impossible to complete on hard, but I guess that's my fault for looking for a challenge.

Overall a good game which has been inspired by other RPGs - such as Assassin's Creed. You'll keep coming back to it for a long time.
  13. Dec 31, 2012
    Okay this game is amazing probably in my top 10 this year. The visuals are great the game play great even the characters are great.This a game i would have even bought on release.
  14. Jan 1, 2013
    I have never written a review before, but I figured I should give a couple words for this game:

This game is getting criticism about being too easy and not being original and things like that, and I agree that it can be very easy and pretty repetitive at times, but in the end, this game is FUN. A huge sandbox, free to explore. Hunting is fun, taking outposts is fun, all the missions are fun. It is not a perfect game, no, but it definitely deserves the 10 I'm giving it because of the amount of fun that I am still currently having with it. Anybody wondering if it's worth their money, the answer is yes. It's a great time all around and will certainly not disappoint.
  15. Mar 29, 2013
    Awesome experience, very fun to play, it has been long time since i played a game that offers such a great solid story.. the main mission are amazing, they feel very dynamic and hyper, every mission there reaches the peak of the game, the feeling that you usually get at the end of a game is present in nearly every story-mission in Far cry 3, which makes the game much more fun and a lotAwesome experience, very fun to play, it has been long time since i played a game that offers such a great solid story.. the main mission are amazing, they feel very dynamic and hyper, every mission there reaches the peak of the game, the feeling that you usually get at the end of a game is present in nearly every story-mission in Far cry 3, which makes the game much more fun and a lot less repetitive.. also the extrapolation and side missions are so much fun.. and the stealth Technics are surely splendid..
    The bad side the crafting system is very Tight.. i owned all the crafting recipes so fast in the game.. that all the hunting i did later was useless.. though i did still needed to expand my loot rucksack/wallet..etc even after they were fully expanded.. i also hoped they gave us a bigger chance to develop an emotional attachment with Jason's friends.. and they could have explored Vaas personality even more as well they were able to escalate the story much more through Vaas, which they didn't, but in the overall the game is hell fun, with so many great aspects.
  16. Jan 2, 2013
    I have decided to write a review now that I have completed the story. Reviews made from a few hours of the game are not accurate! First, I'd like to praise the graphics. It seems a little hit and miss, but most people, myself included, experience no problems. I was able to run the game on very high setting, and the visuals were breathtaking. The character models, animations, and voiceI have decided to write a review now that I have completed the story. Reviews made from a few hours of the game are not accurate! First, I'd like to praise the graphics. It seems a little hit and miss, but most people, myself included, experience no problems. I was able to run the game on very high setting, and the visuals were breathtaking. The character models, animations, and voice acting was excellent. However, the voice acting for side missions seemed low-fi though. Onto content, the gameplay was enjoyable. I played on the highest difficulty because, as people have made blatantly apparent, the AI can look directly at you then forget about you the next second. However, the difficulty always forced me to remain creative and alert on missions. After multiple failures due to poor strategy, the succor of success was sweet. While the choices for assault never reached the complexity of games like Deus Ex: HR or Crysis 2, the game never left me disappointed when it came to combat. The saving grace here is the story. On the superficial level, the story looks pedantic and cliche. However, with a little critical thought, a complicated and deep struggle reveals itself. The dialogue of the main characters was amazing. The surreal sequences were breathtaking. After the end of the game I was left sad and conflicted as I tried to rationalize the web Ubisoft strung. Don't play this game if you're looking for difficulty, multiplayer, or skyrim-esque roleplaying. Play this game for the high quality singleplayer sequence. As a side note addressing the concerns over boring missions: the many non-essential missions are pretty short and unexciting. But the game still lies in the excellent main missions. I wish they would have added some relevant missions like in Deus Ex: HR.

Bottom line: Get the game.
  17. Jan 5, 2013
    At first Far Cry 3 seems like another hold-your-hand, 'consolized' PC shooter with the open world aspect thrown in. As you progress further all of this is removed which allows the game to thrive. I usually care very little for storys in games but this is an exception. I found myself completely engrossed into the events that took place and the characters, the game is able to synchronize youAt first Far Cry 3 seems like another hold-your-hand, 'consolized' PC shooter with the open world aspect thrown in. As you progress further all of this is removed which allows the game to thrive. I usually care very little for storys in games but this is an exception. I found myself completely engrossed into the events that took place and the characters, the game is able to synchronize you with the character you play as (Jason Brody). You share his reactions, emotions and feelings, it's that well done. Given this you can overlook the minor Skyrim-esque glitches and issues. Best game of 2012. Expand
  18. Jan 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. very good game tell the life of a guys who fell on an island and u live the amazing exprience throughout the whole game the game have a lot of great stuff to do u can hunt animals and alot of them !! u can drive cars or fly using gliders the game is so cool if ur a fps fan u will like and the game is way better than far cry 2 or 1 its really good and i give this cool game 9/10 Expand
  19. Jan 12, 2014
    Now that I replay this for the third time (the first 2 were on 360), I observe two things.
    That framerate does matter, as so the resolution. It is considerably better looking than the weaker console versions, but overall I would say that the experience is the same.
    This is a huge game, with lots of fun to be had (you hear that FC2?) and it is every bit as enjoyable as I remember it.

The second thing I noticed is how bad the writing is. I didn't realise it the first two times but while the overall story is compelling, the actual characters (except from Vaas and Citra of course) are uninspired and really speak bad written lines. The side characters are all too forgetable and while I don't like the art style of this game much, technically the characters look all alike.

Thank god, I don't have to listen to them and I can go do lots of other activities,
  20. Jan 6, 2013
    Very solid 8 pushing into a 9. The world is amazing... nay, incredible... no scratch that, phenomenal! Such a beautifully polished looking game will drop your jaw the moment you step foot on the island. The story is engaging, and interesting, which is rare for an RPG nontheless a shooter! You immediately feel in danger when you explore the wilderness, as death is always close. TheVery solid 8 pushing into a 9. The world is amazing... nay, incredible... no scratch that, phenomenal! Such a beautifully polished looking game will drop your jaw the moment you step foot on the island. The story is engaging, and interesting, which is rare for an RPG nontheless a shooter! You immediately feel in danger when you explore the wilderness, as death is always close. The emotions the game evokes goes a long way to create a lasting experience.

From a shooter perspective, the gun play has its strengths and weaknesses. The weapons look beautiful, and sound equally so, but to those accustomed to more realistic games, be prepared to take an arcade style back seat. There is an added element of stealth, surprise, and AI hunting dynamic that make gunfights fresh and infinitely creative.

From an RPG perspective, the leveling system does afford some very useful extra skills that give very distinct advantages on the battlefield. The crafting system is really only a matter of collecting items and clicking a button, so don't expect much there.

Far Cry 3 set their bar incredibly high, and it feels as if they hit almost all the marks. What you will quickly find after a few hours of game play is that once the surface polish wears off, you see a fairly repetitive game play. It is a large open world, and might give the impression that it wants you to treat it as a sandbox exploring as you see fit, but this is where it falls a little short. Progression in the game is much of the same old, same old, with a couple twists and turns: go to pirate area, clear radio tower, clear the related outpost, do a bounty or hunter quest, collect items, and rinse and repeat just a little more east of here.

The first 10 hours of gameplay lends a truly eye-opening, grand experience. And when the grind sets in shortly after, you can break the monotony by choosing different weapon load outs of variety and challenge. The beauty of this game alone would be enough to get me back to play it every once in awhile, a great buy.
  21. Jan 8, 2013
    I absolutely love this game it great visually and has an interesting story. It never seems repetitive, it overall is just a bucket load of fun and I think if you haven't played this yet then you are missing out on something really special.
  22. Feb 25, 2013
    Unbelievable this game has really set the standard for Graphics and gameplay, the AI actually works like an AI, if your stalking a deer for example, you may not know it but a tiger may be stalking you, its amazing, adds a real element of thrill, the characters and voice acting are exceptional, there are some real unique characters in this game, particularly the bad ones, they are notUnbelievable this game has really set the standard for Graphics and gameplay, the AI actually works like an AI, if your stalking a deer for example, you may not know it but a tiger may be stalking you, its amazing, adds a real element of thrill, the characters and voice acting are exceptional, there are some real unique characters in this game, particularly the bad ones, they are not generic, its completely re-imagined and i love it Expand
  23. Jan 10, 2013
    Excellent game, a lot of attention was paid to detail. It's a very immersive experience, singleplayer is fun and you can spend hours exploring the island. Let alone completing story missions, hunting, crafting. Multiplayer was found to be pretty enjoyable as well. Could use some more maps however (and people!)
  24. Jan 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After playing far cry 2, I knew this game was going to be a big hit title once it hit the shelves in the gaming market.. Once I started playing the first missions of the game on the path of the warrior I was already enjoying the game almost instantly, The story line was excellent with the right balance of suspense and action that it made me feel like I was in a virtual novel which makes games like far cry 3 have that special effect on gamers to make them feel like their really their learning about the plot and the characters that are involved in that plot. The environment was lush and gorgeous that it seemed almost flawless without any mistakes whatsoever. Secondly, I love how the developers put in the skill system that can give your character many edges against the many enemies that you encounter in the environment in the game. The guns in the game fitted perfectly in the game because after all they seem the type of guns you will actually see being sold in the black market and in the hands in the pirates and the mercenaries that you will encounter throughout the game. There was no problem with the voice acting in the game therefore I have no problems there in that category.Co-op mode was something I was disappointed in the slightest to me its fun to play when you and your friends are having a gaming get-together. Overall it was a beautifully made game, but you know what they say.... their is no such thing as a game getting a perfect score. While playing the game I have encountered some few minor bug annoying problems with the game. First i would like to point out that aiming was very clunky if not shaking which really got me mildly irritated, Therefore i would recommend to lower some of the mouse sensitivity settings to the point where you think that problem never occurs with you while you are shooting. Secondly, i also found it hard to perform some of the certain take downs and also learning them. This problem i believe happens because the button key combos are not just all cramped together but also it had to be quickly executed before you lose the option of the certain take down that you want to perform. Last but not least, it made me extremely disappointed that Vaas gets killed first he should have been Hoyt because after all he was the one who killed Jason's brother Grant during the intro of the game and nearly killed Ollie, liza, Daisy, and Riley. One would think that Vaas would be the major antagonist in the story after all he is the first and major villian you meet at the beginning of the game, plus he is on the games cover which kinda makes you think he is the main bad guy. personally, Hoyt was nothing more than a minor character throughout half the story's plot even though he was sh*t disturber for pretty much all the island. Despite those minor issues I've seen in this game, it is an awesome game and it must a must-buy and should be in any gamer's collection of games. Expand
  25. Jan 10, 2013
    Farcry 3 was mildly addicting. Way better than farcry2 which was drab and boring. Crafting is simplistic and not all that great. The AI was probably the worst part of this game since they are just plain stupid. Graphics are nice, open world can be fun to explore until you control all the camps.. then it gets boring. stealth in the game is piss poor simply crouching in the grass concealsFarcry 3 was mildly addicting. Way better than farcry2 which was drab and boring. Crafting is simplistic and not all that great. The AI was probably the worst part of this game since they are just plain stupid. Graphics are nice, open world can be fun to explore until you control all the camps.. then it gets boring. stealth in the game is piss poor simply crouching in the grass conceals you from enemies which is kind of **** The animals out in the world are kind of neat, they attack enemies and you :). Vaas is probably the most entertaining character in the whole game, guy is just out right funny. The story of farcry 3 is decent but the gunplay is where this game really shines. The game is good length if you do all the missions/ side missions capture all the points you can put in some serious game time in. This is a must play IMO. Expand
  26. Jan 11, 2013
    I usually hate FPS games, especially singel FPS games but this one just bought me.
    The graphics are excellent for time beeing.
    The gameplay is amazing! has many features and things that change overtime. day/night cycle and hunting is also incredible. There were some parts that I think they could take out of the game. No game is perfect, but this gets my 9.0 score and a new user in
    The graphics are excellent for time beeing.
    The gameplay is amazing! has many features and things that change overtime.
    day/night cycle and hunting is also incredible.

There were some parts that I think they could take out of the game.
    No game is perfect, but this gets my 9.0 score and a new user in metacritic just to rate this game.
    good job!
  27. Jan 13, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an amazing game; gripping story, pretty graphics and a beautifully designed world combined with a great hunting and crafting system make it, in my eyes, the best game of 2012.
    The AI is fairly good despite other peoples complaints and the healing system I feel has improved over FC2's, as with almost everything people didn't like about Far Cry 2.
    To be honest anybody giving
    To be honest anybody giving Far Cry 3 below a 710 is looking for reasons to hate it because of ether a bad experience with Far Cry 2 or they just plain do not like games.
  28. Jan 16, 2013
    Absolutely it's the 2012 game of the year. Only few things sin the game. It has an super involving non-cliche story mixed with one of the best graphics ever. It has so many things to explore, weapons to unlock, basically everything that a game have to have. We also cannot forget about the super charismatic characters like the great Vaas. If you think that it's over, it comes with anAbsolutely it's the 2012 game of the year. Only few things sin the game. It has an super involving non-cliche story mixed with one of the best graphics ever. It has so many things to explore, weapons to unlock, basically everything that a game have to have. We also cannot forget about the super charismatic characters like the great Vaas. If you think that it's over, it comes with an intense co-op and multiplayer campaign that can be so longer that the main campaign. This is one of the must-have games before die. Expand
  29. Jan 23, 2013
    Very nice game with lots of things to do. Very good story, the kill side missions get repetitive very quickly, though all the other optional stuff are very fun. I liked the crafting system a lot but i feel the could have taken it a step further. Nice combat and a lot of fun abilities you can unlock. My major complain is that they could have exploited the jungle enviroment a little better,Very nice game with lots of things to do. Very good story, the kill side missions get repetitive very quickly, though all the other optional stuff are very fun. I liked the crafting system a lot but i feel the could have taken it a step further. Nice combat and a lot of fun abilities you can unlock. My major complain is that they could have exploited the jungle enviroment a little better, when i hear jungle what comes to mind is survival and this game didn't have that. Overall a much better game than the previous titles in the series! Recommended!!! Expand
  30. Jan 20, 2013
    This game has a great story, nice, warm and pleasant graphics. Which I do not understand why people say they are not so good and a great large map to explore and admire the islands. The single player at first seemed far to easy, you would be able to sneak past anyone without getting caught and it seemed highly unrealistic. However that issue soon became less as the story progressed and theThis game has a great story, nice, warm and pleasant graphics. Which I do not understand why people say they are not so good and a great large map to explore and admire the islands. The single player at first seemed far to easy, you would be able to sneak past anyone without getting caught and it seemed highly unrealistic. However that issue soon became less as the story progressed and the enemies got challenging as well as the missions resulting in plenty of epic moments. The multiplayer is pretty average, not something special and not something to criticize although the co-op mode is lots of fun when playing with friends. The game does have lots of pros, but it has its rare cons too, mainly glitchy bugs. One bug I had came across a few times during a missions is when sometimes your AI teammate would get stuck on a object and jitter up and down, but eventually they would stop. The other problem I had noticed was the textures when it starts raining on the islands, the clouds would go black for 1 second and then to black rainy clouds. These bugs are not too bad at all and really does not affect the gameplay much at all, but it does prevent the game from turning into a perfect set. That is why 8/10 is a accurate score to give the game. Expand
  31. Jan 21, 2013
    An entertaining and well constructed open-world shooter, but it falls short in the same areas many games in this genre do. The guns feel great and the action is exciting and fast paced. Sneaking around and picking off the guards is a blast. If sneaking isn't your thing, then go in guns blazing or drive your vehicle covered in C4 into an outpost. Unfortunately, these options begin toAn entertaining and well constructed open-world shooter, but it falls short in the same areas many games in this genre do. The guns feel great and the action is exciting and fast paced. Sneaking around and picking off the guards is a blast. If sneaking isn't your thing, then go in guns blazing or drive your vehicle covered in C4 into an outpost. Unfortunately, these options begin to play out the same after many encounters. There are other various side missions including assassinations, racing, hunting, and bar games. These provide plenty of time killing and offer upgrades to your weapons or strengths. The RPG piece of character growth is simple and suffices for the tasks at hand. This game will help play out an average story line. It's unlikely that someone will enjoy finishing 100% because everything gets very repetitive. All the camps are the same and the side missions are basically repeated over and over. In the end, it's a worthwhile gaming experience and provides a fun experience. Expand
  32. Jan 28, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is exactly what we should expect from every AAA title. The game has a solid story-line that is simple to follow but still intriguing, the game-play mechanics are smooth, with some nice abilities to spice things up, and the scenery is quite beautiful how ever repetitive making the latter parts of the game seem slightly less inspired. However, the main story mission and outpostFar Cry 3 is exactly what we should expect from every AAA title. The game has a solid story-line that is simple to follow but still intriguing, the game-play mechanics are smooth, with some nice abilities to spice things up, and the scenery is quite beautiful how ever repetitive making the latter parts of the game seem slightly less inspired. However, the main story mission and outpost captures all feel very unique and each present their own challenges keeping the game still feel fresh after 20 hours. I would highly recommend that all who have yet to play the game play on the harder difficulty when not doing story missions (this can be found in options while playing) or else you may feel too comfortable and unchallenged. Expand
  33. Jan 30, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is definitely the best so far in the Far Cry series. Ubisoft really knew what they were doing when making Far Cry 3. The graphics are just one of the many reasons why this game is amazing. Sure, it has its flaws, but they are easily overlooked and forgotten when playing this game. You will quickly be immersed in the game's huge open world with so much to do. First you will beFar Cry 3 is definitely the best so far in the Far Cry series. Ubisoft really knew what they were doing when making Far Cry 3. The graphics are just one of the many reasons why this game is amazing. Sure, it has its flaws, but they are easily overlooked and forgotten when playing this game. You will quickly be immersed in the game's huge open world with so much to do. First you will be working with Dennis on the first few main story quests, next thing you know you will be hunting a goat in order to get a second weapon, and NEXT thing you know you will be playing a Time Trial minigame set in the area. With the amount of things going on around you, from pirates walking down the road, then getting slaughtered by a tiger, to the Rakyat warriors getting into a gunfight on the bridge with the enemy pirates, the game feels so alive and real. The plot is the only big issue when playing, but you will most likely not be doing the main story line as you will be off hunting tigers to make that pouch to hold more ammo. Ubisoft doesn't do a very good job in developing the characters, as they don't really do a great job of explaining how Jason goes from never hurting a fly to murdering hundreds of pirates in order to save his friends and family. And it feels like the friends (and brothers) Jason is trying to save and even Jason himself are barely even likable.

The multiplayer and co-op mode is a whole different story. Take a tiny area of the single-player map, and pit players against each other online in a variety of gamemodes such as Team Deathmatch, Domination, and a few others, and you got multiplayer. It's fun, Far Cry 3's multiplayer is great. It is similar to single-player in a few ways, such as you heal yourself with bandages and even apply syringes. You also have the ability to revive your teammates if killed. The customization for your classes are also very nice, as you get a wide selection of weapons to choose from and can apply different mods to it, and equip something known as "Battle Cries", which are like perks but can be applied to your teammates as well. It is definitely not something to skip out on. However, you don't really get a choice considering no one plays the multiplayer. I can't speak for Xbox 360 and PS3 players, but as far as PC goes, no one plays the multiplayer, and it near impossible to find a match. The co-op is excellent too, it is a whole other campaign separate from the single-player campaign, but co-op (hence the name, obviously). The mission objectives do get a bit repetitive but the quick competitive mini-games that they squeeze in between them make them all the more fun. So last thing I gotta say is, if you are a fan of Far Cry 1 and 2, definitely get this game, and if have never played any Far Cry games, I really recommend them.
  34. Mar 2, 2013
    Fantastic story line, although once i completed the main quest line i wasn't compelled to continue single player. The side missions are ridiculously repetitive and boring. Multiplayer is alright, but nothing too special. The fact that you cant choose the coop chapter to play is extremely annoying. Lets not forget that this game is plagued by Ubisoft's pathetic platform, Uplay. DefinitelyFantastic story line, although once i completed the main quest line i wasn't compelled to continue single player. The side missions are ridiculously repetitive and boring. Multiplayer is alright, but nothing too special. The fact that you cant choose the coop chapter to play is extremely annoying. Lets not forget that this game is plagued by Ubisoft's pathetic platform, Uplay. Definitely worth playing, these complaints are mostly minor. The single player story was the selling point for me. Expand
  35. Jan 31, 2013
    I got this game recently for my birthday and I've been loving every minute of it. The story has depth, stealth mechanics are brilliant, built-in cover system is fantastic. The game is visually stunning, making anything from cave exploration to hang gliding an incredible experience. I liked that taking over the outposts was fun, that you could do it however you wanted, whether it be rushingI got this game recently for my birthday and I've been loving every minute of it. The story has depth, stealth mechanics are brilliant, built-in cover system is fantastic. The game is visually stunning, making anything from cave exploration to hang gliding an incredible experience. I liked that taking over the outposts was fun, that you could do it however you wanted, whether it be rushing in guns blazing (which will result in reinforcements and maybe death) or sneak in, disable the alarm, not a sound. I am glad it's back to the island environment as I hugely enjoyed Far Cry 1. In conclusion, this game is easily worth its price on steam. Or anywhere! Expand
  36. Jan 31, 2013
    It's rare that I play a game through. In fact, despite spending several hundred dollars on games in the last year, and investing vast amounts of my time to video games, I can probably count on one hand how many games I have played to completion in the last year. Far Cry 3 is one of them. From the beginning of the game you get the sense that you are in over your head. They throw you intoIt's rare that I play a game through. In fact, despite spending several hundred dollars on games in the last year, and investing vast amounts of my time to video games, I can probably count on one hand how many games I have played to completion in the last year. Far Cry 3 is one of them. From the beginning of the game you get the sense that you are in over your head. They throw you into situations where you don't know what to do with just enough information to survive. From running for your life when you are just learning to run, to being dropped in the middle of a fight with no weapons. You don't always have time to think, and can only react, and it made it feel that much more real for me. There were parts of the game that I never saw coming, and I loved it. Having said that, there are definite issues with the game. From repetitively taking over territory and towers, to the character reactions, their progression and their growth that just didn't feel natural. Sometimes you are thrown into a situation that is legitimately not fair, and you have no way of surviving. Sometimes the plot feels forced. And sometimes the quest that you're on feel boring and repetitive. All of these detract from the game, and do so in a very large way. For any other game, these issues would have taken it down by 2 or 3 points, and it is a testament to how fun this game is that I ended up still giving it a 9/10. Everything else was done so well, and the game was so enjoyable and addicting despite such major flaws that they raised the score to a 9/10. This is truly one of the only games on the market that I would really recommend to anyone without hesitation. Expand
  37. Dec 28, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an excellent open world first person shooter with a very good story. The graphics are amazing and the vegetation is dense, but sometimes the island seems a bit empty. The characters are deep (particularly the villain Vaas!) and the story has some twists. The story is long and has cool cutscenes. There is much to explore on the island. You can craft things, but that is notFar Cry 3 is an excellent open world first person shooter with a very good story. The graphics are amazing and the vegetation is dense, but sometimes the island seems a bit empty. The characters are deep (particularly the villain Vaas!) and the story has some twists. The story is long and has cool cutscenes. There is much to explore on the island. You can craft things, but that is not necessary and more boring than useful. The KI is okay, the game is a bit too easy and the sounds are good. One of the best shooters of 2012! Expand
  38. Feb 4, 2013
    I absolutely loved playing the campaign. The way the story was put together was amazing. It was like a really good movie or book that you just needed to know what happened next. I actually found myself all tensed up with nervousness at a few parts. The reason I didn't give a full 10/10 was because of the multiplayer. I was expecting more. It doesn't feel like a finished product andI absolutely loved playing the campaign. The way the story was put together was amazing. It was like a really good movie or book that you just needed to know what happened next. I actually found myself all tensed up with nervousness at a few parts. The reason I didn't give a full 10/10 was because of the multiplayer. I was expecting more. It doesn't feel like a finished product and sometimes you are left wondering how on earth that guy got you when all you had time to do was turn around. Over all great game. I would have bought it for the same price just for the campaign. Expand
  39. Feb 5, 2013
    I remember seeing the first game trailer early on in 2012. Not playing any of the Far Cry games before, I wasn't sure what to expect. Being advertised as, "Skyrim with Guns", I decided to buy it, not sure of its plot or story. I can say that I am pleasantly surprised. The exploration of the islands through radio tower and outpost checkpoints gave me things to do besides the main quest. II remember seeing the first game trailer early on in 2012. Not playing any of the Far Cry games before, I wasn't sure what to expect. Being advertised as, "Skyrim with Guns", I decided to buy it, not sure of its plot or story. I can say that I am pleasantly surprised. The exploration of the islands through radio tower and outpost checkpoints gave me things to do besides the main quest. I felt obligated to find every Totem and every Letter to deepen the experience. The story itself is just a side thought from when I am not exploring or gathering materials for bigger ammo cases or wallets. Overall, this game provides many things to do, depending on what the player is feeling. Definitely a good buy. Expand
  40. Feb 5, 2013
    What's not to like about stealthily wiping out an enemy base or blowing it into the sky on a lush tropical Island filled with rare and dangerous wild life? Great story, crafting, customisable weapons, hidden collectibles, and open adventure game-play in a awesome location is a recipe for success. On a powerful PC this game is also an absolute joy to look at. I thoroughly enjoyed this gameWhat's not to like about stealthily wiping out an enemy base or blowing it into the sky on a lush tropical Island filled with rare and dangerous wild life? Great story, crafting, customisable weapons, hidden collectibles, and open adventure game-play in a awesome location is a recipe for success. On a powerful PC this game is also an absolute joy to look at. I thoroughly enjoyed this game from start to finish. Nothing like Far Cry 2 which I couldn't even finish, what a disaster that was. Far Cry 3 9/10 Expand
  41. Feb 7, 2013
    Once you get through moderartely-strange story there is not much else to do on the island. Other than that, and a few missed opportunities, and occasional complete retardedness of story (even when it obviosly does not mean to be retartded) this is a fine game. Definitely has its own thing going, unique enough to be memorable and fun most of the time.
  42. Feb 7, 2013
    Truely a magical experiance, you will get devoured into the story and that power of the characters personalities, now one of my favorite games ever a definite must play
  43. Feb 7, 2013
    Great game. Beautiful graphics, lots to do and plenty to see. Hunting and skinning the different animals was fun whilst it lasted but once you've upgraded everything it becomes kind of pointless. Climbing the radio towers reminded me of playing through elements of half life 2 and that can't be a bad thing. I purchased the deluxe (or whatever it is called) version and I'm not sure theGreat game. Beautiful graphics, lots to do and plenty to see. Hunting and skinning the different animals was fun whilst it lasted but once you've upgraded everything it becomes kind of pointless. Climbing the radio towers reminded me of playing through elements of half life 2 and that can't be a bad thing. I purchased the deluxe (or whatever it is called) version and I'm not sure the additional 'missions' are that much different to the rest of the game or add that much to the overall experience to justify the additional cost but each to their own. So far I've put 37 hours in to the game and I'm only about half way through. Not played the multi-player or co-op as yet but worth the price of admission for the single player game in my view. Expand
  44. Feb 9, 2013
    The best shooter I've played since COD: 4 Modern Warfare in 2007. I wanted to give it 9.5/10 but that apparently isn't an option. Extremely high-quality across the board. I have not played the multi-player yet and am judging the game based on the single player campaign alone. It's brilliant in all the core aspects you'd expect in a GOTY-contender shooter, so let me concentrate on theThe best shooter I've played since COD: 4 Modern Warfare in 2007. I wanted to give it 9.5/10 but that apparently isn't an option. Extremely high-quality across the board. I have not played the multi-player yet and am judging the game based on the single player campaign alone. It's brilliant in all the core aspects you'd expect in a GOTY-contender shooter, so let me concentrate on the characteristics of Far Cry 3 that make it unique and memorable. FIRST: story and writing. The game earns every bit of its Mature rating. The violence/language/brief nudity are not gratuitous, however. FC3 is the rare game that is undeniably better for their inclusion because they make the events seem much more realistic and add (a lot) of tension to key events. The game doesn't shy away from the horrific and brutal. Really refreshing to encounter this tone in a video game. The premise is simple: you, your brothers, and your 20-something friends vacation from the US at the wrong island and are taken hostage, to be sold on the black market by human traffickers. You're no warrior, but you'll be damned if you sit by and leave them to their fate. Because your character and his friends are so relatable, the emotional impact of this story attains a level rarely achieved in games. The dialogue and voice-acting are superb. Vaas is as memorable a video game villain as you'll encounter anywhere, and you'll hate his guts before the end. SECOND: exploration/open-world. The game-world is huge and enticing. Because there are no artificial borders to block your path, you can approach a battlefield from any number of directions, which impacts your tactics. Exploration is rewarded with loot and resources, adding a strong RPG element to the gameplay. Non-combat goals and items give you access to better gear and abilities. And so the third point.... THIRD: RPG elements. This is what helps make the game so addictive and ups its replay value. You can collect plant leaves (aka alchemy ingredients) in order to craft syringes (aka potions) that grant buffs, immunities, and restore health. You can hunt and collect animal hides in order to craft a larger inventory and ammo slots. You can complete mini-quests to earn and XP. You can unlock better and unique weapons and then customize them to your needs. Completing missions unlocks new skills, which can be learned by spending the Skill Points you earn when you level up. Another review described FC3 as the Skyrim of first-person shooters. This is a great description. NEGATIVES: The only negatives are quite minor. Basically they are: some vehicles can be difficult and frustrating to control. There is a sort of glitch where enemy laser sights create an annoying flickering effect when looking near you, even through solid objects. Enemy AI is about average they apparently don't think twice about running to a spot where the bodies of 5 of their comrades lie bleeding. Sometimes the melee attack seems to repeat way too long after I've input other commands. It took me about 40 hours to complete the single-player campaign on the hardest difficulty, which I used right from the start. It was usually sufficiently challenging but never way too easy and never frustrating or "cheap." When I died, it was my fault, but the gameplay is fun enough (and the autosave system smart enough) that dying isn't that big of a deal. Basically, any FPS fan should play it, especially those who are tired of the Call of Duty and Halo formulas. A lot of RPG fans will love the game too, especially if you like big, open-world adventures. Fantastic, fantastic game. Expand
  45. Mar 18, 2013
    ---------------------------------------------------------Simply amazing!----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  46. Feb 11, 2013
    The game is really terrific. After the Fary Cry 2, my expectative is not to much, but with the trailers and the gameplay, I bought the Pre-order. When I played the game, I was impressed. A lot of animals, a lot of villagers and a fight with the pirates and the natives. The game gives a sense of the living environment. And the gameplay is the better. Like a shoter, but with other thingsThe game is really terrific. After the Fary Cry 2, my expectative is not to much, but with the trailers and the gameplay, I bought the Pre-order. When I played the game, I was impressed. A lot of animals, a lot of villagers and a fight with the pirates and the natives. The game gives a sense of the living environment. And the gameplay is the better. Like a shoter, but with other things like a Uncharted or Tomb Raider. Expand
  47. Feb 11, 2013
    This is absolutely the best game I've ever played! The Island, the characters.. everything!!
    I started crying in the end, the way the creators of this outstanding game have made it really touched me and emotions flushed! I love this game, the feelings are very strong when playing.. I love you very much Liza Snow! Great work!
  48. Apr 4, 2013
    Great game all around. Loved it. Combat was well rounded. I can sneak into an enemy camp and murder them all quietly or set it on fire and go in guns ablaze. Hunting was fun and challenging. Graphics were great as well. A recommended buy.
  49. Feb 13, 2013
    Pros: Beautiful world to explore
    Great variety of weapons
    Even Greater variety of playstyles (stealth, action, hybrid) Strong cast of characters with is good story arc Cons: Side quests are a bit light on content Multiplayer is a bit weak OVerall: One of the best games of 2012. A huge return to the greatness of FC1 mixed with the best parts of FC2. An open world game with a
    Pros: Beautiful world to explore
    Great variety of weapons

Cons:
    Side quests are a bit light on content
    Multiplayer is a bit weak

OVerall:
    One of the best games of 2012. A huge return to the greatness of FC1 mixed with the best parts of FC2. An open world game with a great cast and great story, mixed with flexible gameplay that really gives something to any player.

Should not be missed.
  50. Feb 14, 2013
    One of Best Games after long time. Best Far Cry Game. The Only one,where series 3 don'T suck. Best Open World Game Ever. For all who love Shooter,Action and more.
  51. Feb 14, 2013
    Amazing game, really immersive and realistic. The graphics are stunning and it has a good combat system. A lot of effort as been put into this game by Ubisoft Montreal, and I think it deserves the GOTY award.
  52. Feb 16, 2013
    Before I start my review, I'll say I had previously played only the first Far Cry. I picked up this game for 20 euros on ebay a few days after its release and I'm really glad I did. The game is just pure fun, exploring the open world is amazing and the AI is good enough to make you feel part of the game. The plot is nothing great but the story missions are enjoyable. Some of the charactersBefore I start my review, I'll say I had previously played only the first Far Cry. I picked up this game for 20 euros on ebay a few days after its release and I'm really glad I did. The game is just pure fun, exploring the open world is amazing and the AI is good enough to make you feel part of the game. The plot is nothing great but the story missions are enjoyable. Some of the characters will really make an impact on the player (for example Vaas and the doctor) while others are forgettable (like Jason's friends). One of the things I absolutely loved about the game is the fact that you can play it your way. Want to be Rambo? You can. Want to be stealthy? You can. Liberating the outposts without being detected was a real challenge, a lot of fun and rewarding. One of my complaints is that, after you conquered the whole island, pirates won't show up often enough.
    The MP is quite good, maybe a bit too CoD-like but still enjoyable. The map editor is also a great feature. The graphics are simply amazing and the animations are incredible. If I had to give a fair rating I'd probably give it an 8, but since I had so much fun with the game I'll rate it 9. I'd say it's worth your money, even at full price.
  53. Feb 16, 2013
    This is a great and very ambitious game. The open world is beautiful and the game play simply feels right. A few of the main plot missions are nothing short of brilliant and the sound design is superb. The beginning of the game successfully grabs your attention, Vaas is one of the best game villains in a long long time and this is also where a few flaws become apparent. Having a greatThis is a great and very ambitious game. The open world is beautiful and the game play simply feels right. A few of the main plot missions are nothing short of brilliant and the sound design is superb. The beginning of the game successfully grabs your attention, Vaas is one of the best game villains in a long long time and this is also where a few flaws become apparent. Having a great villain like Vaas and not utilizing him in the best way possible is a squandered opportunity. They could have done so much more with him. I would have loved to deal with him and him ONLY since he was an amazing character with so much potential. The plot is unfortunately severely flawed. I know, most people don't play this game for the plot but in the beginning of the game, it tries and succeeds in involving you as a player. Jason is confused, helpless and just wants to save his friends. But with every new mission Jason's mindset and decisions become less and less incomprehensible and sooner or later the player will disconnect and lose the link to him. I found myself thinking why not do x instead of this?" waaaay to often and having a conflict with the decisions made by the protagonist is a very severe flaw. I know this is criticism on a high level because the game is actually very very good but I can't help but feel that they were careless with the plot although they have they definitely have the talent to get it right. Despite all the fun I had during my approx. 16 hours with the game, I was left disappointed by the ending and the development of the main story. The side missions by the way are instantly forgettable. Hunting missions are fun and racing missions never peaked my interest. I only cared about the main plot and the open world. The prior left me unsatisfied and the latter is gorgeous! Expand
  54. Feb 18, 2013
    I have played 250 hours of Black Ops 2 on the PC, and hated the bs.
    For those looking for a open-world, first person shooter with combination of AC3 and Skyrim, get this game. You won't regret, the game visuals are awesome too.
    It lasts about 10 hours to complete the entire game or faster if you can.
  55. Apr 12, 2013
    This is a very fun game with lots to do. The story takes a nose dive at the end, could have been a lot better. It practically feels like a different team worked on the end of the game than the first 2/3. Although, it's still very fun. Exploring the island, hunting animals, taking over the island, it's just all very fun. The game can be played run and gun or stealth. Great game.
  56. May 18, 2013
    The game looks stunning. Sounds are top notch, so is acting.

The game looks stunning. Sounds are top notch, so is acting.

However they have drastically dumbed the series down. The AI is laughable, money are really easy to earn, it takes you half a second to heal during the battle, and the healing plants are scattered all over the map etc etc etc. Also some parts of the story are so painfully stupid it hurts. To enjoy the game I recommend that you don't play it any longer than 2 hours a week, otherwise all those annoying things start to get you.
  57. Nov 28, 2014
    Best Far Cry in the series so far. One of the best action games available right now. Probably the best open world sandbox shooter genre ever for the year 2012-2014...
  58. Feb 24, 2013
    Incredible Campaign with Awesome characters and good story. With a super fun cooperative mode and one of the best multiplayer Modes!! 100/100 Really Awesome Game!!
  59. Feb 24, 2013
    As someone who never played Far Cry 1 or 2, this game gave me a spectacular impression on the entire franchise. I absolutely loved it. The graphics were very impressive (even on a fairly low-end PC like mine), the story interested me, the characters were well-played, the voice acting was on-par, and the gameplay was intriguing and fun to play.
    This game does have its flaws, though. Some
    This game does have its flaws, though. Some of the dialogue is flat-out stupid, like when Jason is yelling in excitement while he and Liza almost get killed multiple times. I always take the stealthy path in any game that offers it, but there were a lot of times when I would get spotted from a very long distance away by a dog while liberating an outpost. Some of the guns are drastically underpowered, while some other guns are drastically overpowered (I'm looking at you, Vector). Also, a lot of elements feel a bit too short or too easy. For example, I had almost every gun within about 2-3 hours, as well as all of the radio towers in about 2 hours. I like the complete everything I can as soon as I get the chance, so when I liberated every outpost on the first island completely stealthy, I had too many skill points. My main problem is that there is nothing to do once you've liberated every outpost. All of the pirates are gone, and it kind of defeats the purpose of an open-world RPG. There's nothing left for you to do, unless you want to find a bunch of collectibles.
    However, these flaws are much less influential than the great things in this game. I loved being stealthy, and I especially loved the many different takedowns that you could use to kill enemies. Sniping people was very satisfying, and taking out a bunch of people with a single C4 was awesome. I really liked the hunting and crafting mechanics, but I wish there were either more animal types or more things to craft. Don't even get me started on Vaas. Vaas is quite possibly my favorite enemy to ever exist in any game that I have ever played. His personality and dialogue is phenomenal, and I actually built up a hatred for him as he tortured Jason's friends. I loved him and hated him at the same time. Hoyt was... well he was just Hoyt. He didn't have as much of an impact on me as Vaas did.

Overall, this game is fantastic. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys open-world RPG's. This game would probably get a 10/10 if it weren't for the lack of things to do at the end and for some of the minute details that bothered me.

Now that the review is over, I need to address something. If you're going to make a review, whether it be positive or negative, justify your score. That means please don't give a game a 0 because your computer can't play it, or because you experienced a single glitch that you couldn't look past. Also, a game has to be incredibly bad to be given a 0, and that seems to be a problem with most games that get reviewed on this site. People throw out 0's without being able to justify it at all, and do not accredit a game's good features.
  60. Feb 28, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an amazing game that proves consistently enjoyable despite its flaws. First off, the PC version is an incredibly well optimized game. I played through the entire campaign on a midrange laptop with most settings at High, three at medium in Directx 11. I had to disable Ambient Occlusion in the config file but god the game still looks gorgeous and runs butter smooth for me.Far Cry 3 is an amazing game that proves consistently enjoyable despite its flaws. First off, the PC version is an incredibly well optimized game. I played through the entire campaign on a midrange laptop with most settings at High, three at medium in Directx 11. I had to disable Ambient Occlusion in the config file but god the game still looks gorgeous and runs butter smooth for me. There is also a TON of game here, probably 40 hours if you are into doing the side stuff which helps level up your character. Things lose steam a bit when you hit the second island, but nothing as severe as in Far Cry 2, which I loved at first and then got so bored I never finished.

The major issues as have been well discussed are with the narrative. You will hate your character at the start of the game, and there are lots of missed opportunities to get the player emotionally involved in the plot. It really sticks out because some of the voice acting is phenomenal, the main characters are motion captured and brilliantly animated. And some of them are really memorable even if they are underserved in the greater narrative.

BUT, the game mechanics themselves work beautifully. If you are a fan of shooters and/or open world games this is a must play. Come expecting some blemishes, but if you stick around you will see that they only stand out because so much of this game truly shines. I had a BLAST playing it and am sad that its over!
  61. Mar 3, 2013
    Farcry 3 enables that thing that excites me most about gaming, that moment when you forget it's a game and feel integrated into the flow of the story. An absolutely massive island archipelago that is lush and filled with villains and intense situations and could be ripped out of any Hollywood action film but here you get to play the title role. The game places you on a path and thenFarcry 3 enables that thing that excites me most about gaming, that moment when you forget it's a game and feel integrated into the flow of the story. An absolutely massive island archipelago that is lush and filled with villains and intense situations and could be ripped out of any Hollywood action film but here you get to play the title role. The game places you on a path and then gives you the freedom to do things your own way. Of course the plot ultimately must be followed but not precisely, and if you want to go out hunting bears with a flamethrower, there's plenty of time for recreation, along with learning new skills, exploration, takeovers, expanding your power, meeting new people, getting new weapons.
    Farcry 2 was an excellent game with an interesting message but there is no comparison here. This is an entirely new game and the graphics are so good and often so beautiful that while I'm caught up in the game, I can turn and see the sun setting over a waterfall in the distance and I have to stop and stare. It's almost like you can feel the evening breeze. Amazing.
  62. Mar 4, 2013
    I have seen many games like this and to be honest I don't particularly like them. However, this game turned me completely around!!

The graphics are amazing with the good texture and color unleashing the amazement of this game. Also the graphics run extremely well- no lag or long load times. The only small problem with the graphics is that sometimes they can be a bit too much and give you a headache. This game has a fun plot of taking radio towers enemy bases and many other missions, which is what you would expect from a game. However, this game has a map editor where you can make an island and play on it for even more fun!! Overall, this game is defiantly worth the price and recommend this game to everyone out there.
  63. Apr 26, 2013
    Really solid game until about half way through when the move happens to the southern island, and at that point the story loses steam. Quite a lot of memorable moments though and one of the best performances by a 'bad guy' in gaming that I can recall.
  64. Mar 6, 2013
    Great, engaging and beautiful. Characters are actually developing over time and, although the story is compelling, you'll spend a lot of time just cruising around in a speedboat or hunting dangerous wildlife.

Overall, a great sandbox.

The only derp is the necessity of Uplay even if the game is bought through Steam, which is absurd. But not even that can ruin an otherwise great game.
  65. Mar 6, 2013
    Farcry 3 is an amazing game, unlike Farcry 2, this goes back to more Farcry 1 setting, an archipelago called the Rook Islands. The story and characters are very interesting. Including my favorite, Vaas. Hes a badass mother that you don't want to mess with. The graphics are great, varying on what console you buy it on, i got it on pc, so i had a great graphic experience. The game play isFarcry 3 is an amazing game, unlike Farcry 2, this goes back to more Farcry 1 setting, an archipelago called the Rook Islands. The story and characters are very interesting. Including my favorite, Vaas. Hes a badass mother that you don't want to mess with. The graphics are great, varying on what console you buy it on, i got it on pc, so i had a great graphic experience. The game play is unique and does open world stealth well. One complaint is the lousy over accurate AI. They can shoot you from a mile away! The vehicles are fun but im sad they ditched multiplayer vehicles. Speaking of multiplayer, it sucks. You get a mediocre coop campaign and a copy and paste multiplayer system with killstreaks, loadouts, and gun customization. But the campaign is more than enough to make up for these flaws and for that, Farcry 3 gets a 9/10 Expand
  66. Mar 8, 2013
    I've played a lot of games in the past year, but Far Cry 3 was so far the most fun I've had playing a video game in a long time. Metacritic user reviews are loaded with lots of 10's for games that I don't think deserve a 10, but I decided to give this game a review, because I truly think it deserves recognition. It combines my two favorite generes, FPS and RPG/adventure, perfectly, withoutI've played a lot of games in the past year, but Far Cry 3 was so far the most fun I've had playing a video game in a long time. Metacritic user reviews are loaded with lots of 10's for games that I don't think deserve a 10, but I decided to give this game a review, because I truly think it deserves recognition. It combines my two favorite generes, FPS and RPG/adventure, perfectly, without going too far in either direction. A lot of the side quests are pretty boring, but I really enjoyed taking all of the outposts, coming up with new and interesting ways to do each one. Sure, I could just snipe everyone from afar, but what's the fun in that? Sometimes I'd try to do it with only knife kills, sometimes I'd go guns blazing, throwing C4 and grendades every which way. Now that I'm done with the game, I'm missing it, but I don't think this game has much replay value unless you wait a year or more between playthroughs. Nonetheless, it's been a LONG time since I've had that much fun playing a game for so long, so I think it deserves a 10. Expand
  67. Mar 8, 2013
    First of all, this game SHOULD have been a 10/10, but is still an amazing game. Although not horrible, it is still an obvious port with an uncomfortable menu that switches control schemes between each option. Also, the boss battles or confrontations with high profile characters seemed extremely unfinished and rushed. Despite that the game is still phenomenal and a must buy for any gamer.First of all, this game SHOULD have been a 10/10, but is still an amazing game. Although not horrible, it is still an obvious port with an uncomfortable menu that switches control schemes between each option. Also, the boss battles or confrontations with high profile characters seemed extremely unfinished and rushed. Despite that the game is still phenomenal and a must buy for any gamer.
    However, the "Skyrim with Guns" claim is horribly inaccurate. Maybe Skyrim without 99% of the NPC interaction. Far Cry is not an RPG. It is an exploratory/adventure game at the most.
  68. Mar 8, 2013
    A long game, so u get much for ur cash. Its a tad to easy, so up the game mode to get more challenge out it it. Lots of weapons and upgrades, so ur able to play how u like.
  69. Jul 2, 2013
    awesomeness can't describe this game it is awesome in every way from the amazing stunning graphics to the explosively fun game play and great story with jaw dropping moments This is a Must own
  70. Nov 23, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a good game, that most people will enjoy playing. There's a lot to do (campaign, taking over camps, exploring the map, hunting beasts, even playing poker), and all of this is worked out well. Storyline is okay, but not great.

Pro's: - Fun Campaign - Large weapon arsenal - Always something to do - Tropical setting - Online co-op - Choosing your own play-style (stealthy

Pro's:
    - Fun Campaign
    - Large weapon arsenal
    - Always something to do
    - Tropical setting
    - Online co-op
    - Choosing your own play-style (stealthy or not)

Contra:
    - Online co-op missions are somewhat long 40 mins), and you can't choose a lobby for a specific mission
    - Annoying parachute
  71. Mar 20, 2013
    It is like skyrim... the world is big, fun and engaging. I love the focus on takedowns and hunting of beasts to upgrade your equipment. But it was a bit too easy for my taste but the game is just too good in my opinion that I say, the heck it is easy but It is fun regardless.
  72. Sep 4, 2013
    I have 30 hours logged in on this game in steam, and i still haven't beat the game there is that much content. Wrap your brain around that. Its Skyrim with guns. It has a great story, and on of the most memorable villains i have ever seen who deserves to be a fan favorite. I love this game. Its woth paying for this game even if the games story takes a turn for the worst at the end.
  73. Jul 20, 2013
    A great game! The story was pretty decent and the environments looked amazing (people not so much tho). The world was open enough to be fun without being so large that you wound up hating it. I also liked having the freedom to choose between tackling an objective/outpost stealthily or just running in guns blazing. Thankfully, getting all of the achievements doesn't involve 100%ing the gameA great game! The story was pretty decent and the environments looked amazing (people not so much tho). The world was open enough to be fun without being so large that you wound up hating it. I also liked having the freedom to choose between tackling an objective/outpost stealthily or just running in guns blazing. Thankfully, getting all of the achievements doesn't involve 100%ing the game so some of the more tedious tasks and quests can be left out which is nice. As a sidenote, the DLC is pretty meh with only the monkey business quests being worthwhile. Also, the co-op missions were pretty fun and challenging, but they are much more linear than single player and don't allow for any exploring as you play. Expand
  74. Aug 27, 2013
    The same as the 360 version but with some amazing graphics,better controls and the map editor is much better than before so buy its cheaper so well buy it and the opptunity for mods
  75. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is incredibly immersive. The possibilities, gameplay wise, are endless. The story is driven and well-written. The voice acting is of a high quality. Exploring the islands is enjoyable and rewarding. Gun-play is solid and responsive. The overall experience is fantastic. When you spend money on a game you want to get value for money. Far Cry 3 certainly delivers.
  76. Mar 24, 2013
    Ubisoft’s highly anticipated ‘jungle simulator’ Far Cry, on the Sony Playstation, the Xbox 360 and of course the Pc, maybe the greatest open world first person shooter ever. If you haven’t heard of Far Cry 3 by now you’ve most likely been not only living under a rock, but been buried 25.000 feet under a mountain on a planet in another galaxy. Well, if you happen to not know, I can tell youUbisoft’s highly anticipated ‘jungle simulator’ Far Cry, on the Sony Playstation, the Xbox 360 and of course the Pc, maybe the greatest open world first person shooter ever. If you haven’t heard of Far Cry 3 by now you’ve most likely been not only living under a rock, but been buried 25.000 feet under a mountain on a planet in another galaxy. Well, if you happen to not know, I can tell you that this game, is most likely the most beautiful, exciting, fun, brutal, action packed open world first person rpg shooter I have ever played. So far the game, for some people, is the best game of its kind, with its amazing open world, back chilling stealth elements, hard boiled action, great hunting, scary random encounters and crafting and to top it off, some of the most impressive graphics I’ve seen in a long time, but for others the game is simply a stupid ‘Rambo simulator’ with too many guns and explosions and too little survival. I can’t tell you which one is the most correct, but I can tell you that the game is one of my all time favorite games. And to top it off the game has an amazing storyline that will keep you awake for hours at night just wondering what will happen next.

To wrap it up, without any spoilers, you play as Jason Brody, who on a vacation with 5 of his friends, gets lost on a tropical island while skydiving. He and his brother is taken as prisoners by the local pirates, who run the island. They now have to escape. A long intro/tutorial sequence follow, and Jason is saved by Dennis, who is part of the Raykat, a group who rebels against the pirates. Dennis teaches you how to hunt, craft and survive in the jungle. He now has to save his friends, who are scattered around the island, while also helping the Raykat take back the island. Throughout the story, Jason matures into a fearless, unstoppable warrior, as he decides to stay on the island.

As soon as I opened the game, I was in awe of the amazingly detailed environment and vivid colors, realistic ai and quite blown away by how big the island is, but also terrified of the scary creatures who roam the jungles and the dangerous pirates who would kill you in no time if I were to make one small mistake. I had to walk in the shadows, hide in foliage and avoid any contact with enemies. The sound of a vehicle would leave me hiding behind a tree or some rocks, terrified of the smallest sound, still looking out for komodo dragons, who would rip me to pieces in seconds. I simply did not have a chance.

Then as I proceeded further into the game, and unlocked more features and grew more familiar with the game controls, I would start hunting for radio towers, which is what you need to uncover more of the map, and unlock free weapons(Who doesn’t want free weapons?), and then hunt for smaller strongholds, that I could take on without being slaughtered. I could hunt and craft, without being killed by rapid dogs or tigers. This is where I feel the game was at its best.

Then, suddenly, the game took off. I had crafted almost every craftable item in the game, and I had pretty much every radio tower in the game, which means pretty much every gun in the game. I could without any trouble take on the biggest of strongholds, and not even sweat a little. The game had become too easy, and I wasn’t even close to done with the story. I would rarely get any random encounters, because I had taken over pretty much every stronghold.

The only thing with the game that disappointed me, was how if you don’t watch out, before you notice, you’ve completely overtaken every stronghold and completely ruined the fun of the game.

The controls of the games are amazing. They’re tight and precise and the guns are responsive. In some ways the guns are Call of Duty-like with their fast, arcade-like controls and not too high recoil, but in others they are very Battlefield-like, in that they feel very heavy. All in all the guns are amazing, and you don’t ever get tired of mowing down pirates. The cover system is the best I’ve seen in so long. The way you can hide behind a wall and simply use the right button to aim, and it will, depending on the kind of cover you’re behind, either aim above or to the side.

Vehicles are easy to drive and very arcade-like, which is perfect. The cars feel heavy, as they should, and don’t just feel like you’re hovering 2 inches above the road.

This game definitely has a chance of being the game of the year. It’s an amazing game, and I recommend it to everybody, whether you like first person shooters or any other other genre of games, this is definitely worth a try. It’s definitely a unique game, with a very refined story, great features and very very, I repeat, very good graphics. The only cons is that the game might get too easy. I definitely recommend playing on the hardest difficulty. I give this game 9/10.
  77. Mar 25, 2013
    "Far Cry 2" was a boring, dull game. Ubisoft realized it and made the work on bugs. As a result, the developers have created great and awesome the third part of Far Cry series. In this game almost everything is perfect: graphics, which is beautiful even on low settings, nice soundtrack, big, enthralling open world and, of course, exciting campaign with awesome plot and interesting"Far Cry 2" was a boring, dull game. Ubisoft realized it and made the work on bugs. As a result, the developers have created great and awesome the third part of Far Cry series. In this game almost everything is perfect: graphics, which is beautiful even on low settings, nice soundtrack, big, enthralling open world and, of course, exciting campaign with awesome plot and interesting characters. And speaking about characters, I want to highlight Vaas Montenegro. In my opinion, this crazy and charismatic man is one of the best antagonists gaming history. In general, "Far Cry 3" is one of the best games of 2012 and one of the best games that Ubisoft have ever made. Bravo. Expand
  78. Mar 25, 2013
    I don't even know where to start, good story, fast paced or slow depending on what you choose, very open, hands down the best game I think I have ever played!
  79. Jun 13, 2014
    One of the best shooters of this generation . the best thing about this game is its open world and RPG elements.Other than the main plot which is pretty good with an awesome antagonist Vaas there r side activities to be done like hunting for exotic animals,crafting , liberating outposts , side missions, mini games etc. the multiplayer is not that fun and is pretty generic but its co op isOne of the best shooters of this generation . the best thing about this game is its open world and RPG elements.Other than the main plot which is pretty good with an awesome antagonist Vaas there r side activities to be done like hunting for exotic animals,crafting , liberating outposts , side missions, mini games etc. the multiplayer is not that fun and is pretty generic but its co op is excellent.the world is Huge with awesome landscape and wildlife. this game is a must have. Expand
  80. Mar 26, 2013
    This is a fun game. That is the first thing you should know. Running around the island unlocking weapons and completing quests is worth the price of admission on its own. There are however some minor annoyances in the game. Which is why I didn't give it a 9. Firstly, like some others said the AI can be pretty bad, it by no means breaks the games, but sometimes it gets a little frustrating.This is a fun game. That is the first thing you should know. Running around the island unlocking weapons and completing quests is worth the price of admission on its own. There are however some minor annoyances in the game. Which is why I didn't give it a 9. Firstly, like some others said the AI can be pretty bad, it by no means breaks the games, but sometimes it gets a little frustrating. The spotting mechanism is weird. Also, the menus, I found the mouse controls really weird it just degraded the experience a bit. Especially in the map, where you will spend a lot of time. The weapons are a little OP, but that almost makes the game a little bit more fun. You can unlock weapon attachments which can make the weapons really good. If you actually do everything in the game it would take you 30+ hours, just the story is around 8/9 hours. If this is the only game you can buy right now I wouldn't get it (Skyrim, BF3) would be better choices, but if you want a fun experience and have the money it is worth it. Expand
  81. Apr 16, 2013
    I was a big big fan of far cry 1. Far cry 2 had many really good idea in it, but couldn't make it work for me.
    Far cry 3 is where they made it shine. Storyline is epic, gameplay is epic (a bit repetitive), audio is epic. The hunting, the fighting, the exploration, THE BASE JUMPING! So many little things that make this game amazing and a most. Took me about 30 hours to finish the game at about 90%. (I didnt really care about the last 10%, since its super repetitive and after 30 hours I had other games to play). Ubisoft really nailed it on this 3rd one. The jungle is so beautiful, and yet so dangerous. Throw yourself head first, you won't be disappointed.
  82. Mar 29, 2013
    Brigh, smooth and jungles if you like anything bright smooth and jungles. This game is a classic shooter with intreasing plot, explosions. Relatively fast gameplay. But I dont know probably I'm just not a big fan of shooting in jungles.
  83. Mar 27, 2013
    Leaps and bounds improved over far cry 2. This takes it back to its core of an amazing looking game that is very fun to play. I just built a new PC and what better way to test it out then with a new far cry. I was not disappointed the detail is second to none.
  84. Mar 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I was waiting to get this game on eBay, I was playing Far Cry 2 every single day. I was thinking that I would finish Far Cry 2 so I would understand the Story of the third game, but I didn't need to. It was a whole different story then then the second one. It had an amazing story. The game play was amazingly fun, and the graphics were incredible. The game had that ending were you chose between two things. -kill your friends or save them-. my only problem is that you have to craft packs for ammo or more weapons. No, it's not that part, it's that it starts you with absolutely NOTHING. 30 bullets in a clip and 60 in total, including the clip. You also only get 1 weapon slot when you start. You also need the craft wallets to hold more money. Who even does that in games?! 9 out of 10. Expand
  85. Apr 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm an older PC gamer (late 40's), with limited experience (Battlefield 2 & 3, sniper games, etc) and really have had no use for a story in a game (the quality of graphics in this game made me interested, and the $30 price I saw made me buy it). I have to say that the story was interesting, I wanted to follow it and fully understand it, and really enjoyed playing through it. The side quests are fun, although some are very simple, and most are short. Hunting for certain skins is a great way to level up your items, along with money for guns. Love the weapon selection and the ability to add/change accessories. The map is very large, beautiful, and the ability to just explore it all when you want to take a break from the story is a plus. The game really is well done. The only cons I came across were the invisible pirates I ran into a few times. Couldn't kill them but they sure could kill me. Heard them talking right next to me as I was getting shot, but couldn't see them.... and... all the cussing and random stupid conversations of pirates complaining about STDs, etc. And while Citra was especially sexy, I didn't need the nudity/sex. All of that was unnecessary and keeps me from letting my kids play it.

The one thing I love about it, that I really pay attention to, is how well the AI works when it comes to not being noticed by the people you are shooting at. Other sniper games I have played have AI that knows exactly where you are all the time and there is no way to sneak around. But this game, after taking a few shots from a distance, and upsetting a group of pirates... They may look in your direction, but as long as they haven't seen you, you can just move around to different areas and even approach them from behind. Very helpful when taking down outposts for max XP. And... a sign of a good quality game, in my experience.

In short...
    Pros:
    AI, story, hunting, numerous side quests, large map, numerous available achievements listed, and of course Citra's amazing body ;)

Cons:
    Constant bad language, side quests are way too short, PC version would crash on me sometimes when I just had the game paused overnight.

A 10 if there wasn't so much use of the C, P and F words.
  86. May 8, 2013
    After useless developer chatter I was finally able to play this game from a Youtube tutorial, because Steam has not updated the U-Play launcher, and you get an unbroken outdated version which does not automatically update. Anyhow, the graphics are stunning and amazing, something rather new in this pixel revival age, and animations are another unsurmountable achievement. Gameplay isAfter useless developer chatter I was finally able to play this game from a Youtube tutorial, because Steam has not updated the U-Play launcher, and you get an unbroken outdated version which does not automatically update. Anyhow, the graphics are stunning and amazing, something rather new in this pixel revival age, and animations are another unsurmountable achievement. Gameplay is mediocre, as far as swinging your machete and going pew-pew goes. However, badass takedowns make up for it, allowing you to instantly kill your enemy in your own brutal fashion. However the game's biggest, by far, flaw, is the story and main questline. Despite it seeming simple: saving your friends from some named Vaas( easily contesting Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2 for best antagonist of the year). However, you get drugged far too often in one of many ways, from a drink to mushrooms. This gets repetitive very quickly, and you can't expect anything. Then you get raped by Citra, the rebel faction's leader, right after (you guessed it) being drugged. It just gets wierder and wierder. The boss battles are short and laughably easy quicktime events, making them lackluster and dull. They also take place while(you guessed it) being drugged, or at least appear to with a black background and dance floor-like ground. Then you meet another ally which is predictably going to die, and he does. Then you meet Hoyt, a far less interesting antagonist, yet still pretty interesting at that. The three bosses in the game are all the said quicktime battles, and all are almost identical. Hoyt also does something pointless when he lops your finger off. The only reason for that is so he could make the "We'll never get married" joke. The missing finger stays for the rest of the game, however little there may be.

Now the multiplayer is a 5 or 6/10 experience.. The Bison rifle remains supreme, doing instant kills wherever they hit, and possessing solid range, making it level-based victory. However, many do not use the weapon surprisingly, making most matches contain mediocre enjoyment. The best part of the whole match is the ending, allowing one team to beat up, murder, injure, or explode the losing side's best member, or be nice and show mercy(Hell no!). My favorite punishment is to do the knife game, and finish by slamming it into their hand. However, this does not make up for the pretty standard gamemodes, unbalanced weapons, and overall disatisfaction I had.

Co-op is above average.It's like Left 4 Dead, except you're killing pirates and privateers and fighting on the island. The random competitions are nice, and I almost always win (except on the sniper one) but still, the open world gameplay is gone, the vehicles, as in the multiplayer, are gone, excluding one competition. I do like that the weapons from co-op and multiplayer are linked, so you get get your weapons in co-op and swing over to multiplayer to kill some people.

Overall, a 8 is my score. 7s, and 9s are understandable in my opinion.
  87. Apr 8, 2013
    Excellent game. I enjoy the many choices you can take, there are so many weapons and you can customize them in any way. The skills involved in this game have meaning.
  88. Apr 10, 2013
    I bought this game on a whim; it was on a Steam sale and I grabbed it based on the reviews I had read on Metacritic. It's a slow start, initially I just wanted to run and drive around exploring the vast first island. Very soon though I dived into the story. The main bad guy Vas is a brilliant digital villain! He really is a nasty piece of work. The actor delivers a believable performance.I bought this game on a whim; it was on a Steam sale and I grabbed it based on the reviews I had read on Metacritic. It's a slow start, initially I just wanted to run and drive around exploring the vast first island. Very soon though I dived into the story. The main bad guy Vas is a brilliant digital villain! He really is a nasty piece of work. The actor delivers a believable performance. I dipped in and out of the story because the side missions are just incredibly entertaining. Capturing a base by using stealth is tense. It's rare that you can take a base by simply gunning it! Then there's the crafting, the very simple mechanism to craft bigger bags to carry more weapons and ammo is intuitive. Hunting with a bow is enormous fun!! The story has a few twists but nothing that original. But it's the digital performances that really stand out; Dennis is another believable character. Explore, hunt, capture, kill, skin and destroy! That's 35 hours that is well worth the £15 I paid. Expand
  89. Apr 12, 2013
    Nice game, wonderful design, but need a great pc to be up 30 fps. Gameplay is ok. Multi is poor, but the most important is the solo campaign. Co-op mode is fun.
  90. May 22, 2013
    I really enjoyed Far Cry 3 and chances are you will as well. But it has its flaws, do not buy this game if you looking for a challenge in any sense of the word (at least in the single player). Even on hard the game presents you with almost no challenge at all. Especially if you go the broken stealth route were enemy's literally will not respond to getting shot in the foot, with any moreI really enjoyed Far Cry 3 and chances are you will as well. But it has its flaws, do not buy this game if you looking for a challenge in any sense of the word (at least in the single player). Even on hard the game presents you with almost no challenge at all. Especially if you go the broken stealth route were enemy's literally will not respond to getting shot in the foot, with any more that a quick look around and few repetitive insults about how you "are not a true warrior" etc. Its unlikely that you'll die more than a dozen times in the story missions. Most of my deaths were me driving my car of the side of the cliff as the first person perspective and thick jungle means that I often didn't that there was a cliff in front of me. But flaws aside you do get a lot for your money, about 18 radio towers and 30 something enemy outpost to capture along with side quests and about 15 hours worth of story missions. However so much content means that it can pretty quickly turn into a repetitive grind where every radio tower captured was just for that gun I was desperate for and not, for the fun of doing it. There is a Multi player and co op Campaign but by the time I had finished with the single player I'd had my fill of the jungle. Far Cry is and easy game to recommend as there is plenty to like and almost certainly something you'll love, you just have to wade through all the crap to get to it. Expand
  91. Apr 19, 2013
    This game isn't to be missed, its unlike every other game you have ever played, it combines, story with action, exploration and hunting. The hunting really sets this game apart from other games and adds a new depth. What this has over Far Cry 2 besides the hunting, is a great AI system where you know if people have seen you and you have a bit of time to hide, stay still etc. The vehicles,This game isn't to be missed, its unlike every other game you have ever played, it combines, story with action, exploration and hunting. The hunting really sets this game apart from other games and adds a new depth. What this has over Far Cry 2 besides the hunting, is a great AI system where you know if people have seen you and you have a bit of time to hide, stay still etc. The vehicles, weapons and open world are fantastic, great use of height just like in Just Cause 2.

My only gripes are my favorite character which I wont spoil dies way to early and the game. The game isn't that hard, there should be a hard mode where you can't see shadows behind buildings, this would make it more real life. Additionally the lack of any helicopters or planes to fly around the expansive island can get annoying. A helicopter would have added an extra element.

Overall this is a game not to be missed, one of the top 3 open world games ever made up there with GTA IV & Just Cause 2.
  92. Apr 29, 2013
    Essentially Far Cry 3 is a very good game.. but it is not amazing... It starts very strongly, the characters are colorful and interesting, at the beginning you have a lot to explore and many missions to do... But... you eventually realize how repetitive this game is... same missions, same locations same everything... In the end I spent an easy 40hrs doing side missions and finding statuesEssentially Far Cry 3 is a very good game.. but it is not amazing... It starts very strongly, the characters are colorful and interesting, at the beginning you have a lot to explore and many missions to do... But... you eventually realize how repetitive this game is... same missions, same locations same everything... In the end I spent an easy 40hrs doing side missions and finding statues but then I lost interest and stopped playing the game... there should be a total of 60-70hrs of gameplay if one tries to collect all the collectibles and do all/most of the side missions... This game simply doesn't maintain the same level of interest as skyrim does... However, Farcry3 is well worth the money, especially if you get it on a special (like I did... luv u Steam!!!) Expand
  93. Aug 27, 2013
    By the end of the game you will have a choice which will play one of two outcomes, and I have to say I was extremely surprised how the game ended because it left myself on a cliff hanger I actually wanted to know what was going to happen next? So will we see a Far Cry 4? Time will tell.
  94. May 14, 2013
    The best game of 2012, yeah just like that, the question is why the hell it wasn't even a contender ta VGA's, probably because vga is full of crap! PS Just what the did to Deus Ex Human Revolution
  95. Apr 25, 2013
    This game is incredible. Stands out as one of the games of the year, last year. Great graphics, great interface, easy to pick up and play. Great A.I that's smart and guns that actually do damage.
  96. May 6, 2013
    Loved the game shame about people who score it 0 and score bad games 10
    I've voted 10/10 just to help recover the scoring and help generate normality here.
  97. Apr 26, 2013
    Good game, amazing graphics. You feel like you are there, hunting, hiding, killing...
    The script is crazy, but dont affects the game as a whole.

The problem is the campaign is so much repetitive and tiresome. I finished the game and never play again.
  98. Apr 29, 2013
    You raise your glass in toast to your friend, it’s the beginning of a party! First you’re jet skiing on crystal blue waters, swimming next to beautiful turtles, having a jaunt around the island with your mates, taking a death defying leap off a waterfall, hand gliding overseas and diving in to swim with sharks and, to top it off, sky diving. Pretty awesome huh? Well no, not really, turnsYou raise your glass in toast to your friend, it’s the beginning of a party! First you’re jet skiing on crystal blue waters, swimming next to beautiful turtles, having a jaunt around the island with your mates, taking a death defying leap off a waterfall, hand gliding overseas and diving in to swim with sharks and, to top it off, sky diving. Pretty awesome huh? Well no, not really, turns out this is all just a re-cap of how you got to where you are now, and where are you now? Unfortunately enough you’ve managed to be captured by Pirates, but these aren’t possibly the ones you might be thinking of, with peg legs, long black bushy beards still dripping from rum and mountains of gold, no no no. These are pirates who care a lot for “little white boys” only due to the fact you’re being held at ransom providing your parents love you enough. However you are just a rich kid, partying with your mates, there is no Liam Neeson with a particular set of skills coming to save you. No, no one is coming to save you from your captor who, I nearly forgot to add, is a 100% psycho path who enjoys toying with his hostages imagine if the joker got a tan but held onto the same sense of humour, then you’re getting close to the mind set of Vaas, the Mohicaned maniac who you are now under the possession of.
    Fast forward past your daring escape (no need to spoil the opening), you wake up confused, clearly in some sort of hut with someone beside you. In the time that you’ve spent unconscious the has decided to tattoo you or rather tatau you as it is called, this my friend is your admittedly somewhat cool way to show how much you’ve levelled up in the game, each new skill you unlock in one of your 3 skill trees adds a new part of the tatau to your arm, the 3 trees are the Heron (long range attacks and mobility) the Spider (stealth and survival) and the shark (first aid and killing), for completionists and those with the want to kill in stunning and sometimes spectacular ways will be able to get a good grasp on most of these, however if you’re just going to run and gun your way through then its best if you just focus on the shark. Anyway this man is called Dennis and appears to be your guide through these new lands, he offers you a machete and essentially pushes you on your now task of finding your friends and possibly killing Vaas if fortune holds.

read the rest of my review at http://willza99.wordpress.com thanks for reading
  99. Apr 28, 2013
    Great game. Had alot of fun playing it. The story was good. And the intro was a great way to get into the "jungle world". Best shooter i have played in a long time.

It only recieve 8 because of the crashes i had to endure, and the obvious consol port. (Please give us a PC friendly GUI for these types of games)
  100. Apr 29, 2013
    This game, was perfect. It runs great even on my laptop! The story line on the other hand... Truly beautiful, I promise I had to wipe some tears away during the end.. Vaas just completed it. Wouldn't say no to purchase a Dlc where you would play as Vaas through the story.
    But I write down a 9 because of the tricky radio Towers.. They got me to rage a couple of times.
  101. Oct 23, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an amazing First Person Shooter! You will love the voice acting done by Vaas, the visuals, the music, and the game play! It is defiantly worth putting up with UPlay for!

What's Here: You start out as a scared and wimpy character who as he kills slowly becomes more and more a scary insane badass willing to do anything to get his revenge. You can customize the guns to your style of play and you can take two different approaches most of the time to your style of play. Stealth or Run n' Gun. You may also explore the island and take on different missions and side quests as well. Although as the story progresses it takes a sharp decline as one of the protagonists just vanishes and makes you question a lot of things. I don't like to talk about the story much so if you play you can find out.

Gameplay: The game plays out like your usual FPS where you run shoot climb shoot duck shoot and overall just slaughter your way through thousands of enemies. So yeah it's generic but how it unfolds is where it's at! You can make the game a whole lot easier by doing the side quests and outposts and becoming a much more stronger Warrior and taking on Vaas and Hoyt's armies. The hunting is truly done well as each section has their own environments and you can even watch animals hunt other animals. Which brings me to my next part.

Visuals: If you have the PC for it you'll defiantly see it! WOW! JUST WOW! The island is just beautiful. The lush trees. The animal designs. The water. The beach. The gun designs. Nothing beats seeing it all while on your hand glider too! it's a real breath taking experience seeing it all on Ultra. Ubisoft really outdid themselves here!

Sounds: While music isn't all that great but it's not bad just doesn't stand out the voice acting deserves massive amount of credit here. Michael Mando playing the part of Vaas really out did himself here. You'll want to play the game again just to hear the parts! It's so amazing! The guns have stellar sounds as well. No complaints here on them as they sounded pretty damn good. When explosives go off near you and how sounds knida mute out and you get dizzy that was well done as well it pulled me in and made me think I was in the fight.

Controls: While keyboard and mouse are difficult for driving at times for me they may not be for all I found it a lot easier on gamepad to drive than anything else but I learned... well a lil after so many hours of game play. I still suck though. So driving is difficult but everything else works great! No problems handling the hand glider or driving (with my gamepad) or shooting at all. Extremely responsive and no bugs or glitches to report on my end.

Overall: This game is a 9/10! It loses points because the story towards the end was just down right boring and generic. Though there were some parts that made me cringe and go wow... what the I would defiantly recommend this game to everyone.

Warning: This does require UPlay which is a huge disappointment! I was extremely pissed off at first but the game is still a 9/10... I just hate Ubisoft for doing this

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
  2. Jan 29, 2013
    Exhilarating, colorful, mindless – that's Far Cry 3 in three words.
  3. Hyper Magazine