8.2

1. Dec 25, 2013
    An amazing immersive experience that blends elements from many other games. The story parts are well crafted, specially the characters and dialogues, and the game play is fluid and very polished. The only downfall of this game is that you will need a powerful machine to really enjoy it and that you will have to install Uplay, even if you are launching from Steam..
  2. Jun 29, 2014
    I really can't believe how bad this game is due to other reviews of it. Very tired of Ubisoft formula. SCORE 41/100.

I thought it just had to be cool. I was let down in nearly every way imaginable. Still shocked how subpar, derivative, repetitive, and poorly designed it was. After beating and selling Watch Dogs (PS4), and then getting this on Summer Sale and really not liking it at all,
    I came to the conclusion I will no longer buy the trinity of Ubisoft open world action games.

If you have played any Assassin's Creed or Watch Dogs, then you've played this. Towers to unlock, stupid collectibles, incredibly poor stealth, no actual cover.

TOWERS ARE SO FAR APART, horrible when you die. This is a perfect example of huge open world that is empty, lifeless, and annoying. So, so annoying.

Inventory is an atrocity, fills up in minutes, herbs don't stack. The driving is even worse than Watch Dogs, if that is possible. You get hurt from very small jumps, it's stupid.

In some ways I am glad I got it on summer sale because I won't ever get another Ubisoft game at full price. I *might* get them for 10 bucks or buy and resell of the PS4, but never ever full price.

And the graphics aren't that great, because Ubisoft is really bad at optimizing game engines. Tomb Raider and Hitman Absolution look much better.

To top it all off, UPLAY IS A NIGHTMARE. It's a terrible service that makes EA's Origin look fantastic in comparison, and that is saying a lot.
  3. Dec 4, 2012
    I wouldn't trust any review here below a 7. Skyrim with guns is an apt description of this game. I like the leveling mechanic, stealth killing a whole base is a good challenge, but it's the chaos of the world that makes the game come alive. I was stalking a base, tagging enemies when a freakin' tiger attacked the base. The enemy panicked and threw molotov's around, forcing me to escape a brush fire and approach the attack from a different angle. I very much enjoyed that moment. Climbing your first tower is awesome because the game looks incredible under ultra settings - my pc is about 2 years old too and the framerate is better than Skyrim on a whole. Expand
  4. Feb 9, 2013
    Amazing game. A incredibly beautiful open-world where just looking around is satisfying, not to mention all the activities you can do. The gameplay is varied, hunting, taking bases, side-missions, crafting, discovering, and games like poker/aim challenge/races etc.
    The storyline is also pretty solid with a nice plot and greatly designed characters(especially the bad ones). The voice
    acting is top notch too.

Only good things to say about this game in my opinion. I think it's a must-play for all the shooter fans.
  5. Dec 6, 2012
    Let me get this straight, I HATE having to post a score just to balance misguided hate. So many of these zeroes, you get the mob mentality of "I never played Far Cry" or "I've never liked the series." Really? I mean, really? If you never liked the series, why even open your mouth? My suggestion would be just don't play it.
  6. May 25, 2013
    I originally played Far Cry 3 on Xbox 360 and was turned off by its god-awful performance and graphics, months later I bought it cheap on Steam to give it another a try and I'm glad I did. If you are a graphics snob like me you will not be disappointed, I can barely run this game on Ultra and tears come to my eyes when i see the beautiful colors and sharp textures. I knocked out over 22 hours before beating it within around 3 days! I was hooked! If you like that kind of game where your exploring and ass-kicking is rewarded by gradually upgrading you until you're are practically unstoppable, then grab this. It's a refreshing take on FPS, games like this and 'Rage' just blow my mind. The story was awesome but I would have liked more cut-scenes, they were done perfectly. The characters, their motion capture and facial work, not to mention the voice acting, is downright amazing. Expand
  7. Jan 5, 2014
    This has absolutely been the most entertaining game I've played in a long time. The graphics are top notch, the action is top notch and on top of that it had a nice story.
  8. Oct 1, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game right from the start to the end. Its as good as the first Far Cry in terms of approaching the missions in your own way. The graphics, music and level design is really good and the story keeps you interested right to the end. Its a great sequel and well worth buying.
  9. Dec 24, 2012
    I think its far different from what i played before,Far Cry 2 which is stupidly fast voice actor,GOnE,awesome...i`m not really much fans of Far Cry but to tell the truth,this game is far better than old series yet,with Incredible Graphics,Good Game-Play Mechanics,Good Storylines and Big map to explored :)
    But some Bugs may starting to get you nerve like wtf i stuck when sliding down
    cliff,a not so good stealth mechanics and enemies respawn quickly,but other than that,i really enjoy this game more than boring Far Cry 2. Expand
  10. Dec 4, 2012
    This game was completely off my radar for 2012. [I actually never finished Far Cry 2... hated the lack of reason to explore and terrible storyline. And oh god how bad was malaria?] Well guess what... THIS IS GAME OF THE YEAR 2012 MATERIAL! Single player took approximately 30 hrs (55% completion based on stats). The storyline is intense, amazing, and had me in tears at points throughout the whole journey. They've basically either removed or improved everything in Far Cry 2 that I loathed, and kept everything that I loved. The HUD is absolutely terrible and uPlay is annoying, but after switching uPlay to offline mode I stopped having issues. Gameplay is nice. You start out with nothing, as a scared holiday goer... but you turn into an absolute killing machine with a bow, a knife, suppressed MP5 and flamethrower at your side the enemy doesn't know what beast is after them. Basically you can play this game as an out and out Rambo-fest, or be a bit more predator-type assassin/sneak mode. The sound effects are brilliant. Hunting prey, sneaking up on them... listening to their growls or moans... is thrilling. The music that pumps through my headphones while in the midst of explosions going off everywhere as I trigger my C4 explosives is tight and some brilliant choices. (Die Antwood - I Fink U Freeky, M.I.A., Skrillex etc.). Hmm.... if you liked a combination of Just Cause 2, Far Cry 1, and.... a little Batman Arkham City (Vaas / Joker) / Alice in Wonderland references (oh... some of the dialogue in this game is sooo well delivered!) then this game comes highly recommended. Other notable mechanics are the relics that you find scattered across the island Expand
  11. Jan 5, 2014
    Good game with great open environments. Story keeps you engaged and keeps giving you a reason to push forward. Eventually some of the open world aspects continue to feel repetitive. For the price I paid for this game (5 dollars) it was well more than worth my money.
  12. gas
    Dec 4, 2012
    Far Cry 2 was a promising sandbox but it was boring after a little, not a bad game, but nothing exceptional.
    Far Cry 3 is... exactly the same, just bigger and more cod-generation oriented.
    Devs decided that to improve the game the right path was adding long and unskippable cinematics and Tarantino's style npcs, basically following the trend of any recent fps, it seems they all want to
    make movies nowadays..
    It was not a bad idea itself, but the exectuion is poor, the story is brainless linear garbage, there is an island, some npcs helping you without any reason, bad guys got red t-shirts, good guys got blue t-shirts, you are a student with no military background who suddenly starts going around with rocket launchers and assault rifles doing rambo, killing dozens of "pirates", primary following a linear main quest arc, helping villagers following mostly terrible side quests, also its really bad imo the fact in this game you basically got unlimited ammo and weapons as there is a dealer every village and you can teleport there in any moment.
    The game mechanic is uber repetitive as side quests and activities, and also its really ruined by the fact this game is made to be played with a joypad.
    Beside the forgettable main quest plot, there are side quests which are all forgettable too, worse if possible then the main quest, usually excessive dramatic illogic situations, then every time the player conquer a camp there are more quests which are always the same 3, one hunting quest, one assassination quest, , and a driving quest (driving is terrible in this game btw), all three quests are very boring and after one day i started to skip them except the hunting which is needed for the in game crafting system so they are a must.
    This game is similar to Dead Island as kind of sandbox game, great presentation, tedious and repetitive gameplay with tons of issues and illogic and poor devs choices.
    The rpg side of the game is not interesting, the abilities you can unlock will be all unlocked going on so there is no sense of developing a specific trait and character.
    This game offers unlimited ammo and weapons as you can fast travel to any camp at any moment and refill with everything, there is no option to change this in game and imo it ruins a lot the basic idea of the plot where the player should be a desperate survivor moving into a dangerous territory.
    The game is also badly ruined by the fact its developed as a console game, it happens quite often but this game is terrible cause this aspect, so its not only the fact its developed with console menu style, but its really developed to be played with a joypad, to a point where playing with keyboard + mouse is a problem, keybinding is not enough customizable, especially the special abilities are impossible to keybind after the first 2, at least using the menu, didnt check if there is an ini to tweak but comon its 2012.
    The inventory and menu system is by far the worse ever seen in gaming hystor, selling and buying stuff is terrible, and overall the menu system is absurd.
    The mouse movement is not totally smooth, tryed with razer and logitech gaming mouses, basically it feels a bit unresponsive compared to any good fps, and it lags badly while in the menus.
    Another great problem is the checkpoint save system, who invented this terrible mechanic should be banned from gaming developing.
    If a console user may be used to this system due to old time console limitations, for a pc player this is something out of any logic, if it happens you need to shut down the pc for any reason in most occasions you will have to see again a long brainless cinematic and redo all the mission from the start, for me its a big issue.
    Graphically its sub-par surely cause the console limits actually are impressive compared to what can do a new pc, I guess Crysis one looks better then this, anyway its not my main concern.
    At the end i find mostly this game irritating me cause the console style menu/inventory and game mechanics developing, anyway even if all those issue would be solved the game is still boring itself and doesnt have the quality that professional reviewers are trying to sell us.
  13. Dec 19, 2012
    Well, I loved Far Cry 1 and enjoyed Far Cry 2. I found Far Cry 3 to be a mixed bag. I agree with many of the comments that think Far Cry is trying to be COD & Uncharted (staged scenes and interactive style quick time really sucks!). Then you add the glowing items on the map and you feel that your hand is being held walking through the game. On the PC the menu's are inconsistent in function and for some reason things like the the scroll wheel only work on certain menus. The driving is horrible and like being on ice depending upon the vehicle. On the positive the shooting is tight, the bow is a blast and hard to master unless you use the red dot attachment. The overall voice acting is good, but Jason can get annoying. You also don't have any alternative actions on the main quest (there will be times where you just think if I did this now - it would be done - instead you get to go off on side quests to get back to where you were). Overall the game is OK, but the series is definitely going in the wrong direction (mass market)! Fortunately I got this game free with my new 7970 (the saving grace). Expand
  14. Dec 7, 2012
    Just adding my two cents worth. I loved the original Far Cry. There were too many things that I didn't like about Far Cry 2 to keep me playing it. Those things have been fixed and / or changed enough so that I am really enjoying Far Cry 3. The biggest complaint I had about Far Cry 2 was the enemy outposts repopulating after you cleared the area. Ubisoft seems to have taken my (and many others as well) criticism and turned it into an interesting feature in this game. Now when you clear an outpost, it get tagged as a 'safe zone'. Now you can fast travel to it, and resupply your ammo. I also like the fact that you not only have to be on the lookout for bad guys, but while avoiding contact by lurking in the brush, you may end up being attacked by some wild animal. Take the beast out with an arrow or your knife and you remain hidden. Pop a couple of round into the creature, and all of the bad guys now know where you are. There is so much to do besides the main story line. Exploration, hunting and crafting are a big portion of the game, and essential in order to upgrade skills and weapons. Some don't like the activating the towers to reveal more of the map. I like this part as well, though I am now trying to get all 18 towers activated in order to 'get it over with'. Climbing each individual tower is unique enough that you get a level of satisfaction once you flip the switch and see the animation detailing the portion of the map you've just revealed. The health system is similar to Far Cry 2, but now you don't have to deal with malaria all the time. (The other feature of that game I disliked) You can craft heath syringes, but with the appropriate skill, they aren't really required. I've set the graphical settings on ultra with my Phenom II X4 and 6950 with the latest AMD driver with the Far Cry 3 profile. The frame rate is playable enough so that I don't feel the need to lower it. However, I should state that I have vsync disabled. Again, I find Far Cry 3 to be a vast improvement over the previous game. Expand
  15. Jan 2, 2013
    Far Cry 2 was far from a perfect game, but I
  16. Jan 1, 2013
    I wasn't a fan of the previous Far Cry games. No idea why, they just didn't gel with me. FC3 however has me hooked from the start. I'm really enjoying the story telling and the realism of the cut scenes. The combat is smooth, graphically is a work of art. Sadly, I can't run it at max settings, but even on a mix of medium and high ... WOW! I enjoy the hunting missions prowling in the undergrowth and there's a real sense of tension. The vehicles are varied and have weight, the sound is excellent, the score itself blends nicely and for me, the greatest achievement is the immersion. I feel like I'm on an island when I play. I want to explore and find the caves and old camp sites. I struggle to see why people are rating this so low??? Even at it's worst, it NEVER deserves less than a 7. It's a very enjoyable game and Ubisoft have done themselves proud. Grab it on Steam now as it's on sale (31/12/2012). UPDATE: I had to change my score from a 9 to a 10. I have been playing FC3 non stop for 3 days and the bug will not die down. I'm constantly thinking about the game and what to do next. I've bought a lot of games this year and FC3 surpasses all of them. There is so much to do and it's all fun. The racing is good, the hunting (animal), the bounty hunting, looking for loot, swimming, etc. I cannot find a single fault with this game. It stands out like a beam of light this year. People have compared this to Skyrim (with guns). While Skyrim has more depth (I played that for 150 hours) FC3 is the more 'fun' game. EASILY the best game this year and one of the best I've played ever to be honest. Expand
  17. Feb 15, 2013
    I have a total of 13 hours played so far, a mix of single player and co-op, and it's great. I paid full price, stupidly not buying it when it was on for 50% off. It's still worth the scratch, but obviously better value at half price.

Has great graphics, a great intro (which really sets the mood for the game), and plenty of danger. Crafting is there, weapons are there, adventure, there
    is a lot of content included. What SUCKS about the game is the save system. That is a huge PITA. You cannot save wherever you like and resume another day, so you tend to forget where you were. Overall, great first impression. Expand
  18. Jan 21, 2013
    Honestly? This game is absolutely amazing. I play a ton of games in my free time, and Far Cry 3 definitely took the most time out of me. It provided me with over 60 hours of gameplay, full of pleasure and enjoyment. A fun, time-consuming, and often breathtaking experience. Definitely worth your time - play it!
  19. Jan 12, 2013
    This game feels and runs like a console port, oh, because it is one.

The multiplayer in this game is peer-to-peer, expect host swapping frequently and lots of latency. Also there's no server browser of evidence of any changes to improve multiplayer in the near future. There's probably not enough people playing the multiplayer for them to even want to support it.
  20. Dec 4, 2012
    As much as I tried to like this game, the extremely dragged out crysis experience ultimately forced me to give up on it. Enemy AI is laughable, stealth is terribly broken with "the enemy must see your face and you must see theirs" logic, gathering materials feels like an MMORPG grind-quest, healing system is dumbed down and becomes laughable as to either spend skill points to have an infinite amount of first aid that fully heals you after some time or constantly run around in the woods, looking for green herbs so you can constantly inject yourself with syringes. If you jump on say, a hill that's going two degrees down-hill, you will stumble and damage yourself, AKA dislocating your thumb for 1 bar of damage. If you shoot a silenced sniper rifle 5000 yards away, enemies will still rush to the exact spot where the weapon was fired. If you get knocked down by an enemy to the ground, struggle with quick time events and get up with low hp left, you will instantly die as the enemy will spam melees, effectively spawn-camping you. Yes, animals as well. I could go on and on and on about the countless amount of flaws and smelly design choices in this game but at the end of the day, it is a polished turd that has been dumbed down version of Far Cry that tries to be a cinematic version of Crysis with graphics with little regard to the original series as it tries to force-feed you a story using a wooden spoon with splinters. Stay away from this title as a fan or get into it with small/no expectations. Expand
  21. Dec 6, 2012
    Books. they say never judge a book by its cover, but oh i will judge. for a game that claims to be a farcry game it sure does venture far from the farcry idea, i mean trading, resource gathering? this isnt skyrim of minecraft! and as for the first mission, the best way to sell an open world game is with an open world. not to confine you to narrow rock passages. also this is a PC game. you are allowed to render cutscenes in game, i have a gaming PC for a reason.

but the worse has got to be that every single amazing feature from farcry 2, the diamond hunting, the map, the monicle, the unbelivable graphics engine, the physics, the lack of massive arrows in the sky pointing you blindly to your destination and beautiful non existant HUD have been all reaplaced with low resolution textures, a mini map with waypoint plotting, "click here to fast travel" and pretty much tried to forget the annoyingly under-aooreciated farcry 2 as though it was the worst game ever created.
  22. Oct 17, 2013
    This game reminds me of Skyrim in many respects. You given a set of tools, and largely left to your own devices as to how to complete the assorted tasks available. Conquering bases and towers across the map is never boring. Hunting is a slow, but enjoyable task it also allows for a lot of emergent gameplay experiences when other predators turn up and interrupt your hunt.

The story is
    pretty good too, at least for the first half of the game. Expand
  23. Dec 16, 2012
    Horrible over-hyped trash! I simply cannot belive the high ratings it got from serious reviewers like PC Gamer, Gamespy, IGN, etc. Have they all gone mad? Far Cry 1 was sooo cool, Far Cry 2 had a great setting, cool guns and fun missions but ultimatetely fell flat due to the stupid checkpoint respawn system. And now Far Cry 3: 1) One hour to get it started 2) only playable if you disable the utter unneccessary uplay 3) worse graphics than FC1 (from 2004!) 4) most annoying UI sever een in a major release 5) boring missions 6) even more boring side-missions 7) laughable AI 8) idiotic design decisions like getting free weapons for climbing radio towers - WTF? 9) unskippable video sequences 10) appalling driving mechanics 11) no quick-saves during missions and 12) BUGS BUGS BUGS!!

Ubisoft used to be one of my favourite publishers but now I hate them so much that I will never ever buy a game from them again.
  24. Jul 13, 2013
    I got the game on the steam summer sale. Was great for the first 3 hours that i played. Tried to save it several times and said i couldnt save it it said the "auto"save would take care of it.
    Died once-and it was stuck on the saving screen-i guess it had to communicate with U plays stupid effin servers!
    its my fault. I forgot that you needed uplay to run it and i hate uplay i hate
    origin i hate that i cant just go out and buy a god damned game and put it in and install it like the old days.
    anyway, i played six hours, swore i SAVED it several times and guess what?
    it saved right after the guy dennis rescued me so I lost-
    -all the i crafted ie;bags, wallets etc
    -my rife that i spent 1700 bucks for
    -my compound bow which was awesome
    i lost it all and now i dont know if i want to go through it all again, it saved none of my progress, lost all the radio towers i took, all the strongholds or whatever..
    **** drm ruins everything when the will they learn?
    never...they never will and I wish something would happen to these assanine companies but it never will..anyway, i gotta give it a 2..if i could save it and not have to go through the first part 3 times id do it ..but this uplay drm
  25. Dec 14, 2012
    The story line reminds me of a low-budget teen film that is not all that interesting, and makes little sense. You play Jason who seems ready to crack under pressure at the slightest hint of a stressful situation, doesn't seem to know really anything, but is somehow transformed into a bad ass, tattoo-wearing warrior that knows his way around a gun and has developed ninja-assassin skills almost over night. Voice acting is good though, except for Jason. They didn't need to have him yelling, "I'm coming Lisa!" while trying to sneak up on enemies. It's an open world, so go where you want (mostly). You can go off on side missions, though they are not very fun. The Trials of Rakyat are the best, which have you doing missions on a timer. All missions earn you money and XP. XP gets you skill unlocks, but don't worry about which skills to get, because eventually, if you complete a bunch of side missions, you'll get them all anyway. The three main side missions: Medical supply drops have you race against a timer. Wanted Dead force you into using stealth to kill a pirate holding out somewhere. Hunting has you tracking down animals. The main purpose of hunting is for crafting larger stuff so you can carry more weapons, ammo, grenades, and money. Most people will want to craft the upgrades right away, so get ready for a few hours of boring hunting, because it sucks running low on ammo, having no room in your sack, or only being able to carry one gun. The stuff you do pick up is pretty much pointless, and is only worth selling off so you can buy stuff for your weapons. But you don't even have to really buy weapons, because the game practically gives them to you free. All you have to do is climb some radio towers that are pretty much left unguarded by the enemy, and easy to climb (this also reveals more of the map). You can take over outposts to make regions safer for you, and less likely to run into enemies. However, this makes it boring in the long run because the enemies never try to take it back, and then the only thing you have to be wary of are the tons of animals that want to constantly eat you, and they can take a full magazine of bullets to the head before dying. Fortunately, you can choose how you want to take an outpost, and it can be a blast; use stealth, go in guns blazing, or blow the heck out of the place-- doing anything but stealth will result in an alarm going off and more enemies showing up that you can kill. It's also kind of cool that they made it so that things actually catch fire, though nothing really gets destroyed. As far as enemies go, they are kind of dumb (but not so dumb that they just run at you). The stuff they say is laughable at first, but after hearing a pirate say the same line for the 100th time about it hurting when he pees, it gets tiresome. They do at least run for cover, but often times that cover is right next to you and all you do is step around the corner and blow them away. Which is easy since you can see the enemy through walls. Yes, that right: if you spot an enemy (especially through your camera or scope) you gain x-ray vision, apparently. As far as graphics go, I think they look great on my rig, playing it in 1080p, setting the FOV higher than the default, and everything turned on high with AA on. What really brings this game down is the repetitiveness of most missions (which are generally very easy to complete), a horrible HUD that constantly pops up messages (supposedly a fix is on the way for that), how EASY it is to beat on normal, and some of the worst bugs I've ever seen in a game on release day. One of the most annoying bugs is a glitch in which a grenade, a Molotov, or other object gets stuck to your characters right arm, and it gets in the way when aiming...in my case it is a grenade. I have also had a glitch where I see the enemy vibrating oddly, or a mission marker not going away after I've completed the mission. Some friends of mine told me they can't progress because of a game-breaking bug they have ran into. Three patches have been released, the first couple attempted to fix some crashing issues, but the last one highlighted a fix for 32 core systems (who is playing this on a 32-core system!?)...so I'm not even sure the game-breaking bugs are going to be addressed. To sum things up: Far Cry 3 is a fun, but a very easy game to beat, that has some very annoying, and game-breaking bugs, and some boring elements to it. At this point, it is a gamble if you are thinking of buying it. Personally, I haven't had one crash or bug that broke my game-- mostly just annoyances. I haven't tried MP, but I bought this mainly for SP mode. I hear MP is trash anyway. I'm hoping a future patch will remove that grenade attached to my wrist, but I won't hold my breath. If I finish the game before then, it will probably sit and collect digital dust in my Steam library with some of the other subpar games I bought this year Expand
  26. Dec 28, 2012
    Simply amazing. Great storyline, everything made sense, graphics and visuals are stunning. AI can be challenging and the physics are great. Well worth the $50.
  27. Dec 9, 2012
    I wasn't really expecting too much from this title. AAA FPS's generally have very short campaigns nowadays and unmemorable simplistic COD mechanics. Far Cry 3 isn't bucking this trend, but it's actually a pretty fun game despite it's genre redundancy due to a gorgeous backdrop and cinematic flare. The narrative, while simplistic, is fun and the voicework is solid. I really liked Vaas, and found him to be an entertaining antagonist. Take everything in Far Cry that was BAD and FIX IT while throwing out all the elements that worked. Then take all the elements of Far Cry 2 that were BAD and FIX THAT...but throw everything out that made Far Cry 2 work. Throw in some Skyrim and Dead Island and now you have Far Cry 3. I know this genre mashup and blatant lifting of mechanics from other popular games sound tired, but it's actually quite inspired in implementation and everything meshes nicely. Dunia 2 looks amazing and performs really well on my 8320/5770/8gb DDR3 maxed. I don't understand the visual complaints regarding this game. My rig ain't no slouch, but it is by no means any beast either. Game is gorgeous, the facial animation system is really nice, draw distance is impressive. It's definitely a ONE time playthrough. Buy it now if you are in desperate need of a distraction, or wait for it to drop to 29.99 a year from now...but definitely worth a purchase even if you aren't really a Far Cry or fps fan. Expand
  28. Dec 7, 2012
    The game feels shallow. You earn money to fast, gain hides and plants to fast (for making bags, syringes etc.) and you have access to all weapons you want in nearly 2 hours. That's also how many hours it takes to have the feeling that you've been there and done that. The island, environment, characters etc. look good, forgiving the somewhat outdated graphics. Unfortunately every piece of the island looks the same, as do all camps, cars, trees, bushes, caves, pirates etc. So why should you explore every corner of it? Gameplay is solid; weapons handle very tight, although a bit to tight, wich makes killing foes a piece of cake. Every weapon handles the same. Driving cars is weird, you get the feeling you glide over the road with a immense and unrealistic speed. Story is a bit ridiculous, but finely interwoven in the game with scènes that make you dizzy because the protagonist (your character) shakes his head left and right, up and down like a headbanger from the early '90s. It's a shame the game gets so boring after a while, but climbing towers, getting rid of pirates in camps, going from A to B to continue the story - which is necessarry to continue your leveling progress, which forces you to stop what you want to do and follow the linear storyline - is fun the first few times you do it. But I quit after three hours or so, bored by the forgettable side-quests, story and tropical world. And i think many will not see the end of the game as well or will continue, forced to see the end. A cliche ending which can be found on YouTube; the easy solution. A Expand
  29. Dec 4, 2012
    This is by far the best FarCry and probably one of the best PC games of the year (My other favorite is Dishonored)! Amazing graphics and a large free-to-roam world. The gun handling is good with lots of guns (many guns are revealed later in the game). The gun sights are a little bit fuzzy in terms of usability, better off sticking with just a red-dot sight. Very good storyline with good connections and twists. Stealth is a small problem in the game. You can snipe an enemy a mile away with a silencer in a bush on a mountain and the other enemies immediately know where you are... I mean, they should be alerted about a body, but not immediately shoot back in your direction... BACK ON AN ISLAND and a believeable story, unlike the second FarCry... and the first with too much weird Sci-Fi and monsters... Expand
  30. Mar 24, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is a game that is lovingly crafted and rich in detail. It is one of the few sequels that fixes the problems of its predecessor without adding [m]any new ones. Gone are the dreaded Malaria, gun jamming and check point respawn mechanics. I initially held off on Far Cry 3 upon its release and grabbed it as a bargain buy on Steam. However, I would happily pre-order the next title going by the quality of this one.
    Playing Far Cry 3 on a high end system is like taking a passport into a dangerous, virtual realm. It is captivating and will have you coming back for more.
    I cannot wait to see what Ubisoft come up with after this.
    I have given Far Cry 3 the perfect 10 as I feel that it merits the score based on the sheer amount of content and attention to detail (and being a relatively bug free experience).
    Ubisoft, I salute you.

2. Jan 29, 2013
    Exhilarating, colorful, mindless – that's Far Cry 3 in three words.
  3. Jan 24, 2013