Far Cry 3 PC

8.3

1. Nov 29, 2014
    This game is utterly ruined by the lack of a genuine quick save. I can't keep track of how many times I died during the heat of a gun fight, only to have to reset from a spawn location, having to search out the fight and start all over again from scratch. Ruined the experience for me 100 percent.

Where are the days where video game designers actually made games with the players in mind? If I want to quick save my game (like I could in the excellent Far Cry 2), then why can't I? It should be my choice. Why am I paying for an open world game, with my hard earned money, if it won't even give the essential features I want?

On top of that, you are forced to install UPlay (Ubi's own form of DRM) to play this. If you purchased this through steam (like a lot of people have) having to install another layer of DRM is a huge pain in the ass. Way to stick it to the customers even more.

The graphics are great, the story is actually really interesting. It's a bold game, and for that, I'm giving it a 3. However, the game is unplayable for me, so I can't give it a higher score. A 3 is a solid F, and that's what it deserves.

Far Cry 1 and Far Cry 2 are still great games, and I recommend those. (I got 1, 2, 3, and Blood Dragon for 40 on steam, so not a huge loss for me). Stay away from 3 though. Obviously not made with the player in mind
  2. Feb 6, 2015
    [opinion only about the single player campaign] Although I despise open-world shooters, the game was enjoyable. I play games mostly for the story. Don't hate me, but I 'tweaked' it a bit (well, yeah, uhm... I cheated and got a lot of cash) to avoid the nonsensical side-quests and boring activities and focus on the plot, which by no means is great, but after all it is engaging. I kind of[opinion only about the single player campaign] Although I despise open-world shooters, the game was enjoyable. I play games mostly for the story. Don't hate me, but I 'tweaked' it a bit (well, yeah, uhm... I cheated and got a lot of cash) to avoid the nonsensical side-quests and boring activities and focus on the plot, which by no means is great, but after all it is engaging. I kind of liked the change in the protagonist, who grew to be the ultimate "waria", who got overly engaged with all the bloodshed and revenge. With the supernatural elements that can explain why a regular kid becomes an awesome commando-stalker-hunter, I actually felt like I should killing all those poor people. Most of the killing was pointless, but in this one case - it doesn't matter. Get some silenced guns, get a Desert Eagle and wreak havoc! That said, there is something wrong with the shooting mechanics themselves - they're not as fun as in other FPS, but clearly, this is a personal preference. The game looks and sounds great, the voice-acting is exceptional and there are some memorable characters. Don't hesitate and follow the path of the warria! Expand
  3. Dec 28, 2014
    Far cry 3 is a fun game with open world and shooter mechanics and driving combined into one game including stealth mechanics. Farcry 3 is a great game but all the characters are basically douchebags except the antagonist vaas who is great and insane making you feel on the edge, the stealth is pretty fun and all the time I carried a recurve bow so I didn't have to deal with reinforcementsFar cry 3 is a fun game with open world and shooter mechanics and driving combined into one game including stealth mechanics. Farcry 3 is a great game but all the characters are basically douchebags except the antagonist vaas who is great and insane making you feel on the edge, the stealth is pretty fun and all the time I carried a recurve bow so I didn't have to deal with reinforcements The pc port is a god and it can run on a lot of pcs and on mine highest settings constantly at 60fps and I never noticed it drop (GTX660) farcry 3 is a game that can get boring after a while though and I only did a few side missions before they started becoming repetitive I recommend you buy this game if its on sale on steam, don't hesitate. Expand
  4. Jan 15, 2015
    The game is more stealth/adventure than action. I liked villain characters but heroes were not very interesting. The best character would be Vaas Montenegro who died foolishly and was not involved in the story that much. The story sometimes gets too slow and bores you and sometimes gets too fast and makes you upset. Rakyat people don't participate in freeing outposts and the player must doThe game is more stealth/adventure than action. I liked villain characters but heroes were not very interesting. The best character would be Vaas Montenegro who died foolishly and was not involved in the story that much. The story sometimes gets too slow and bores you and sometimes gets too fast and makes you upset. Rakyat people don't participate in freeing outposts and the player must do everything on his own. Side missions are many and useless.
    Graphics are very good, every event and place is designed with the most accuracy. You'll never get tired of exploring the jungle. There are many guns in different classes and there's even a crossbow which is very handy and stealthy. Each weapon may have some upgrades (like silencer) that you can buy from the stores. Skills are numerous and help you in the levels very much, including how to kill an enemy below you, how to kill a heavy gunner and so on.
    The game is interesting, for sure. But it would be much better if they worked on the story and characters a bit more.
  5. Jan 22, 2015
    this is one of the best fps games I've ever played but the end boss battle is too anti-climatic. graphics are amazing on low setting,nice gun-play,there are animals in this game too. good thing they made this game. It was worth playing it.
  6. May 11, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Story driven game with breath taking surroundings. Handful of missions through the story really stood out and busted a hearty laugh of joy. A few minor bugs and hiccups occurred, mostly involving waterfalls, fire or waterfalls of fire.
    Highlights For Me:
    Have to say I had a connection with the bow. Hard to use at first at long distance but so worth it when you get the special tips. Rain fire down on outposts. BLOCK OUT THE SUN.
    The different tatu traits added a depth to the game that showed through the early gameplay. Fades away towards the end. If you collect the side items you can have all the skills by the end of the game.
    Villains make or break a game, that is a fact. You need to enjoy who your eventually going to end. Far Cry exceeds and making the villains in this game stand out. With enough insanity to make you laugh when you know you really shoulden't.
    Few minor flaws to point out:
    Character backstory was lacking. Why should I care about these people other then they are my "friends". Majority of the time when a name was mentioned I was pondering on who the hell they were. Having to go to the in-game handbook to match a face with a name.
    I was furious when I couldn't load a vehicle with C4 and ride it into a enemy outpost, jumping out before impacting and blowing the death trap. Leaving behind the bodies of my targets. But Nah. C4 just simply bounced off the vehicles or flew out when speeding.
    The Co-Op portion of this game was sadly a disappointment. Slew of glitches, bugs occurring every few minutes. Playing on hardest setting proved to be more annoying then cleaning the house. 1 shotgun blast from any direction was a instant kill, sometimes with that person appearing out of thin air. Background to characters was explained well before the game started. Something the main story was missing.
    Overall the game was great. Visually pleasing. Equally terrifying with jungle noises all around you. Screamed more times then I would like to admit when crocs would take a bit of my White Devil jungle conquering self.
  7. May 20, 2015
    I love this game so much!The story is so awesome!
    Why this game is awesome:
    1.Crafting system(craft syringe,bags for your survival!) 2.So many types of guns! 3.You can be a run and gun,sniper or knifer! 4.You can be stealthy,chaos-ish! 5.Cool antagonist: Vaas & Hoyt 6.Kill Animal! 7.Blood! 8.Be a ruthless killer or a reluctant hero 9.Many cool easter eggs 10.Uncover the secret
    I love this game so much!The story is so awesome!
    Why this game is awesome:
    1.Crafting system(craft syringe,bags for your survival!)
    2.So many types of guns!
    3.You can be a run and gun,sniper or knifer!
    4.You can be stealthy,chaos-ish!
    5.Cool antagonist: Vaas & Hoyt
    13.Insane amount of fun!
    14.Great Graphics!
    and many more reasons
  8. Sep 19, 2015
    No details, there already have been enough comments about that. My biggest problem: The final stages of the game somehow didn't entertain me any more; it was quite a drag to actually play the last few stages. So I guess the fun is more in the exploring. The story is OK, but at the end it just drags on in my opinion.
  9. Nov 9, 2015
    Don't pay attention to any negative review (all those don't even know meaning of Far cry)

Series was good and difficult at the time ,this one was easy and also difficult Something new how if you were trapped on and island just like in old films,You are not skilled ,you develops yourself ND FIGHTS WITH great bosses. Great atmosphere, wildlife is very real many twists take

Series was good and difficult at the time ,this one was easy and also difficult

ND FIGHTS WITH great bosses. Great atmosphere, wildlife is very real many twists take place in the game even while missions
  10. Nov 27, 2015
    I really love this game. I've played through the campaign mode twice on different difficulties. I really love the online mode too. I have racked up 70 hours of game play. I would really recommend this game. Sometimes Steam even runs sales on the game which makes it even better!
  11. Jan 3, 2016
    Excellent world design with great combat. Very good environment interaction. Lots to do. Serviceable story.

Graphics: 10
    Game play : 9
    Combat: 9
    World Design: 9
    Content: 9
    Immersion: 9
    Story: 7
  12. Jul 5, 2016
    Far Cry 3 was one of the most interesting game I have played ever. It features an innovative gameplay (for the time when it was released), a fascinating plot, good music, and, of course, awesome graphics! If you like FPS a lot, this game is must-have!
  13. Mar 24, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is a game that is lovingly crafted and rich in detail. It is one of the few sequels that fixes the problems of its predecessor without adding [m]any new ones. Gone are the dreaded Malaria, gun jamming and check point respawn mechanics. I initially held off on Far Cry 3 upon its release and grabbed it as a bargain buy on Steam. However, I would happily pre-order the next titleFar Cry 3 is a game that is lovingly crafted and rich in detail. It is one of the few sequels that fixes the problems of its predecessor without adding [m]any new ones. Gone are the dreaded Malaria, gun jamming and check point respawn mechanics. I initially held off on Far Cry 3 upon its release and grabbed it as a bargain buy on Steam. However, I would happily pre-order the next title going by the quality of this one.
    Playing Far Cry 3 on a high end system is like taking a passport into a dangerous, virtual realm. It is captivating and will have you coming back for more.
    I cannot wait to see what Ubisoft come up with after this.
    I have given Far Cry 3 the perfect 10 as I feel that it merits the score based on the sheer amount of content and attention to detail (and being a relatively bug free experience).
    Ubisoft, I salute you.
  14. Nov 15, 2014
    Its a fair game, with many positive regards to nature and beautiful world to explore. I just wish the intro was less stupid and less american-like. The multiplayer is questionable, but that's understandable in this kind of game.
  15. Nov 8, 2014
    Great game. On the con side: some issues with scripted missions i.e. player agency taken away which comes as a bit of a surprise when your used to the freedom the game gives you in all other areas. Pros: Michael Mando's performance, voice acting and sound work, game progression, involving story and characters that are not one dimensional, a metric f*ck ton of content including half tidyGreat game. On the con side: some issues with scripted missions i.e. player agency taken away which comes as a bit of a surprise when your used to the freedom the game gives you in all other areas. Pros: Michael Mando's performance, voice acting and sound work, game progression, involving story and characters that are not one dimensional, a metric f*ck ton of content including half tidy co-op/multiplayer and the ending wasn't bad either! Great value for money game. As an aside with Ubi's shenanigans with uplay/steam and the resolution debacle of AC unity I wont buy Far Cry 4 unless or until they straighten out their priorities - Far Cry 3 was so good and so full of value I thought they actually gave a rats ass about PC gaming as well as consoles. Expand
  16. Oct 13, 2014
    They basically took all the gameplay elements of an Assassin's Creed game and adapted them for Far Cry. Towers in Assassin's Creed become camps in Far Cry. Viewpoints become radio towers. Swan diving into a hay stack becomes ziplining. And it works. It's simple and keeps you coming back.

The shooting mechanics and animations are fantastic. The crafting, the tattoo system, the weapon upgrading, it all works wonderfully. And there is plenty of content. And co-op which I haven't yet tried.

The story is very good despite not making sense most of the time. The voice acting is excellent for the most part, however the islanders all have the same **** voice and look identical. Story takes about 20-30 hours depending on how fast you go. The soundtrack (composed by Brian Tyler) is amazing.

Unfortunately there's Uplay, and parts of the game don't look that great thanks to the last-gen potatoes. Strangely, I had trouble maintaining 60 fps at higher than Medium settings, but MSAA and High textures weren't a problem. Noticed some occasional stuttering for whatever reason, but nothing too bad. Vsync was a little finicky.

I do wish there was a little more to Far Cry 3. The gameplay design felt very conservative and tried-and-true. I would like to see some new things in Far Cry 4.
  17. Mar 17, 2014
    Generally a really well done, fun game but it cannot match the supreme experience of Far Cry 2 - though that in itself is no shame. The combat works well, the new takedown mechanisms add to the stealth options but in the end the AI is too blind for stealth to truly work and reach the same heights as in Far Cry 2. Stealth is most fun in the beginning before you realize just how close andGenerally a really well done, fun game but it cannot match the supreme experience of Far Cry 2 - though that in itself is no shame. The combat works well, the new takedown mechanisms add to the stealth options but in the end the AI is too blind for stealth to truly work and reach the same heights as in Far Cry 2. Stealth is most fun in the beginning before you realize just how close and visible you need to get to get caught. Once you realize that, you tend to stop trying.

I recommend Ziggy's mod for an improved challenge and gameplay experience but the vanilla is also an enjoyable ride if you like it easy.

The game starts off at its strongest point and then slowly slides. The first island is great fun and both exploring and fighting is just addicting. However, as you get all your skills, weapons and move on to the second island, it starts to slide slightly and by the end it's all routine. The story also falls short, unfortunately, and by the end it straight up stumbles. The ending, whichever you choose, is awful.

That said, the awesome graphics and fun game mechanics make this a great game overall and it should be played by any FPS fan. The best shooter made since its prequel.
  18. Jan 1, 2013
    I'm not gonna lie. Far Cry 3 was probably the most fun I've had with any releases of this year so far. But that's mainly because there wasn't that much else that quite reached it's level in terms of both content and execution. But does that really make it a good game?
    Well....yes. It is good, however people now a days seem to make out everything that is above mediocre to be the greatest thing ever, which it really isn't.

I'd say one of it's biggest problems is that it's just all in all not really challenging. I played the game on the hardest difficulty level and even then the enemies aren't much of a thread, especially once you upgrade your health. The healing mechanic is also just broken. You can heal yourself whenever you want and how many times you want, even during combat.. Not to mention that there's also healing syringes that heal you even faster.

The game's also rather grindy. I like the fact that you have to hunt animals to craft new pouches etc, but it would have been more enjoyable if you'd start hunting naturally and not having to go to specific places to find a specific animal in order to craft or upgrade something.
    Far Cry 3 also suffers from what I like to call "Overkill syndrome". Meaning that the beginning is actually the most challenging part of the game, but as you unlock more things, the game becomes progressively easier. So it's exactly the opposite of how a game should progress.

The world it self is pretty empty. The only main attractions are liberating outposts and some side quests that rarely differ. (Kill that guy with a knife, hunt down that animal with a bow).
    Honestly, liberating the outposts is pretty much the best part of the game because it's just simply the most sandbox-y.

I was also rather disappointed by the story. It's so well acted! Vaas (the guy on the cover) is such a great character...but he only gets like 5 minutes of screenplay...and he's only there for like half of the game.
    I think the main problem here is that the characters are just so weakly established. I really didn't care for most of them, even though they had such great performances.
    The ending's also pretty weak. It just pulls a "Choose your ending cutscene" kind of ending.

The multiplayer and CO-OP aren't really noteworthy either. CO-OP is just tagged on mission based **** No exploration, just stand inside of a base and kill incoming enemies.
    As for the competitive Multiplayer, I certainly had more fun with that than co-op, but I don't see it lasting for very long. Though I really liked how they took familiar game modes and put some new mechanics into them. They even added in a new game mode called firestorm which is certainly worth checking out.
    However it suffers from what most multiplayer components suffer from now a days. Having to level up and unlock new gear is tedious and really senseless in a game like this. You can't level up in custom and private matches. And the biggest killer: Match-making only. Why? Because it never **** works. I rarely get into a game that doesn't have at least 2 host immigrations.
    The map editor is certainly a lot of fun to mess around with. However nobody really plays on custom maps because as stated: No leveling in custom matches.

All in all if someone asked me if they should buy the game at full price...sure, go ahead. There's certainly a lot of fun to be had. It's just not as perfect as most people make it out to be.
    if you're only interested in single player anyway, I'd say wait for the price to drop.
  19. Jan 8, 2013
    I have very mixed feelings about this game. Yes its a great shooter with excellent mechanics, interesting scenarios, a very rich and well developed world, there's really no game engine or mechanics related complaints from me. I think that the story, while easy to criticize, was fairly non intrusive and provided some guidance to the progression of the game; this is not an rpg, don'tI have very mixed feelings about this game. Yes its a great shooter with excellent mechanics, interesting scenarios, a very rich and well developed world, there's really no game engine or mechanics related complaints from me. I think that the story, while easy to criticize, was fairly non intrusive and provided some guidance to the progression of the game; this is not an rpg, don't expect an rpg. However at the end of this game, I felt absolutely nothing but disappointed. For a game world of this magnitude, you end up going through only a tiny fraction of it and very seldom in any sort of truly engaging way. There are very few moments of immersion or tension, very few moments of excitement; don't get me wrong, when the sh*t hits the fan in this game it becomes very entertaining and surprising, but the problem is that this just doesn't happen often enough. 80% of the game is spent doing little rpg-element activities or simply travelling... the real guilty parties here are not any of the programmers but rather the directors and designers who just didn't make even remotely adequate use of what their development team handed to them. To give you an example; as part of the huge map, there are WWII era bunker installations all over the place, moldy and ruined and full of atmosphere; and the best way that the designers could come up with to make use of these is to put "letters" in them and tell the player to look for the letters and read them... seriously. That's just a tragic loss of potential and its one of many. Expand
  20. Sep 29, 2015
    Terrible game and nothing to do with Uplay. I have no problem with Uplay whatsoever. What I don't like about this game is that its lame. FIrst of all the protagonist you play I did not get into at all. He's like an average everyday guy who supposedly has to rise up and learn how to survive under the guidance of a somewhat westernized native who finds him on the island after escapingTerrible game and nothing to do with Uplay. I have no problem with Uplay whatsoever. What I don't like about this game is that its lame. FIrst of all the protagonist you play I did not get into at all. He's like an average everyday guy who supposedly has to rise up and learn how to survive under the guidance of a somewhat westernized native who finds him on the island after escaping some real life modern day pirates who kidnap him and his friends. It all sounds great on paper but the execution is so terrible and cliche that it made me cringe. First of all the main character is a dork.. completely unlikable. They went out of their way to apparently make him someone that the average gamer can supposedly relate to.. so I guess they made him "nerdy" or "geeky" or god knows what.. I don't know.. but the guy is annoying. And apparently it worked because 10's of thousands of reviews say how great the game is. Personally, I don't like it all and find it cliche, obnoxious, and off color. Secondly... the gameplay itself is agonizingly boring. You better have a monster of a computer because once the brilliance of the island environment wears off the gameplay itself is stupid and incredibly dull and boring. There are a *few* parts here and there that were well done (infiltrating a shipwreck was one)... for the most part wandering around the island and happening upon the same supposedly realistic modern day pirates driving around in a jeep or "hunting" wild animals was just plain ridiculous. I honestly don't know how so many people have given this game such a great review... but I assume its because they can relate to protagonist being a dork who supposedly rises up and learns how to survive. Personally I found it obnoxious, trite, and annoying. Over the years I go back to this game every so often to try to get into it and it is just so painfully boring in their sad attempts to make it so "realistic" the game pales in comparison to FC1. FC2 I also tried to get into and also found that game terrible after many attempts to get past the first hour of gameplay. Expand
  21. Jan 6, 2013
    If you have to view Far Cry 3 critically, it's biggest fault is the main character and the fact that the story just isn't very good. It's a decent game though, but things never seem to come together. Not to mention, FC3 has some of the worst boss battles in games to date.

My verdict: A flawed and highly overrated shooter, with moments of sheer brilliance. This is the pinnacle of average gaming
  22. Aug 12, 2015
    The story is gratingly awful in every way. They try to sell it as satire, but it's just pure garbage. I'd get more enjoyment out of reading bad DBZ fan fiction written by kids.

The combat is decent, if a bit shallow and repetitive. The game forces you to grind through the horrific pile of garbage story line to get to a better variety of weapons. If this game offered an unrestricted sandbox mode that didn't make you sit through the offensively bad 'story' I'd give it an 8.
  23. Mar 24, 2013
    Highly overrated game. Major parts can only be called shallow, extremely repetive, boring and unchallenging. Gameplay is mostly following the same pattern all over again. Quest sends you to new region. You mark a radio tower on your map as target and simply go there to reveal the map of that surrounding region in detail. Those towers use to be unprotected so its really boring stuff to do.Highly overrated game. Major parts can only be called shallow, extremely repetive, boring and unchallenging. Gameplay is mostly following the same pattern all over again. Quest sends you to new region. You mark a radio tower on your map as target and simply go there to reveal the map of that surrounding region in detail. Those towers use to be unprotected so its really boring stuff to do. After that is done you usually mark a position of enemy camp as target, go there, few shots with your rifle to take out some pirates. Done. Also thanks to the incedibly broken ai again no challenge even on highest difficulty. What you are left with is a fully revealed, boring region with no enemies left, nothin much to do and like 100 crates scattered around the region waiting for you to get picked up to fill your pockets. Yes and that it is pretty much it. Graphics are decent, game is pretty much free of bugs and working fine, Vaas is fun. So i can not really call it horrible. Got it for 30 Euro in Steam sale, thats O.K.. Expected it to be overated and not worth a 87% metascore before buying it, so i did not get too disappointed. Expand
  24. Jul 17, 2014
    Great environment, reasonable combat. Crashes during save a lot. Strives for immersion but then proceeds to force QTEs down your throat such that you lose that immersion. On several occasions (not just once) you mow down an army of people and then a cutscene has you KOed by a simple hit and then you have to escape (again and again). Final mission is one big QTE that doesn't require anyGreat environment, reasonable combat. Crashes during save a lot. Strives for immersion but then proceeds to force QTEs down your throat such that you lose that immersion. On several occasions (not just once) you mow down an army of people and then a cutscene has you KOed by a simple hit and then you have to escape (again and again). Final mission is one big QTE that doesn't require any skill that you've been honing the entire game. The story is good until the middle when supernatural stuff (which breaks immersion again) gets stupid. Ultimately a good game if you ignore the story and the numerous immersion destroying moments. Expand
  25. Apr 6, 2013
    This game is awesome. It really sucks you in. The outposts, the hunt challenges, missions,... plenty to do. Many people complain about the poor story but I liked it.
    So why only 7? Well, because the game had a lot of technical issues on my pc. I'm not going to post all my specs, but let me say I run Battlefield 3 with all the bells and whistles on an average fps of 80. In far cry I had to turn of all the options (like anti aliasing,...) Still got fps drops, graphical glitches and so one. From time to time it was really game braking. The game feels like a sloppy console port. No support from Ubisoft nor Nvidia. To bad, this game could have been perfect.
  26. May 31, 2014
    Best open-world shooter on the market.
    Detailed and beautiful jungle enviroment.
    One of the best looking games made. Great gunplay and many tools to play with pirates. A little naive yet very engaging story that surprisingly has a good ending. You feel like an ultimate jungle badass No crappy DLCs is a welcome change on the market Good and fun progression with animal hunting Good
    Best open-world shooter on the market.
    Detailed and beautiful jungle enviroment.
    One of the best looking games made.
    Great gunplay and many tools to play with pirates.
    A little naive yet very engaging story that surprisingly has a good ending.
    You feel like an ultimate jungle badass
    No crappy DLCs is a welcome change on the market
    Good and fun progression with animal hunting
    Good gunplay
    Very immersive
    Much wow, so shooter, very must buy. One of the best games of recent years for me.
  27. Dec 29, 2012
    Very bland but fun for a while... Cons...
    Very bland but fun for a while... Cons...
    While the game is fun it adds nothing new. It looks 3/4 years old and just shows how the current gen of consoles are holding back gaming. The voice acting is total ass, you're on an island near China but the locals have South African accents while the bad guys have mid Africans accents. You play as an American teen/20s showing the island how badass you are.
    The crafting is dull in that you just need easy to gain animal skins or plants, half the **** you can craft you don't actually need, for example, health stims... You can heal for free by pulling out bullets in your arm or wraping a bandage. Stims?... The game is easy enough that you don't even need them.
    Hunting is boring... The only animals that hold any sort of challange are bears and tigers and that is because head shots don't instant kill so you can just lob a grenade at them, failing that just run at them with a shotgun.
    The story is rather meh. As I said, you play a badass American kid trying to save his buddies. Yawn.

Pros...
    It's open world.
  28. Jun 15, 2013
    Good characters, the story was pulled off well except for one decision that Jason makes that I didn’t buy at all. Being able to take out the outposts in any manner you please was great fun, but I think this is mainly because you could avoid the tedium of cover based combat. I didn’t finish the story line, the gameplay suffered greatly in the story based missions. Mostly it was JasonGood characters, the story was pulled off well except for one decision that Jason makes that I didn’t buy at all. Being able to take out the outposts in any manner you please was great fun, but I think this is mainly because you could avoid the tedium of cover based combat. I didn’t finish the story line, the gameplay suffered greatly in the story based missions. Mostly it was Jason protecting another character with waves of pirates attacking you for some unspecified period of time. The other variant was for you to be charging through enemy lines waiting to come up against a wall of enemy fire you couldn’t tank and then we’re back to the same old cover based combat. During a story mission they attempted a stealth mission but it was just Jason following the path laid out for him by the developers. I didn’t finish this game, the gameplay just sucked too hard during the story missions. 7/10 for the fun had with the outposts, characters and the story itself not the gameplay during the story. Expand
  29. Aug 11, 2014
    What's the definition of insanity? I think Vaas knows. Without him the game would have been without taste. Generally It's an acceptable childish game. The equatorial atmosphere is great but the places aren't so convincing. I didn't like the idea of saving my friends though. A serious mysterious story with a sublime goal would have been much better. The vegetation colors are exaggerated, soWhat's the definition of insanity? I think Vaas knows. Without him the game would have been without taste. Generally It's an acceptable childish game. The equatorial atmosphere is great but the places aren't so convincing. I didn't like the idea of saving my friends though. A serious mysterious story with a sublime goal would have been much better. The vegetation colors are exaggerated, so are all of those explosions everywhere and action generally. The graphics are bad compared with the previous version which is very rich in graphics. I enjoyed Far Cry 3 but I'm not playing it again. I think I'll play Far Cry 2 because I's balanced and complete in all aspects. Expand
  30. Apr 24, 2016
    Looks nice, sounds okay, with plenty of action when I want it.

An okay game saddled with the awful Uplay. I already have a platform that the game WAS BOUGHT ON, Steam. Why do I need another platform?

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
  2. Jan 29, 2013
    Exhilarating, colorful, mindless – that's Far Cry 3 in three words.
  3. Hyper Magazine