8.3

1. Dec 10, 2014
    Real solid action, beautiful landscapes and memorable characters are the highlights of Far Cry 3. The shooting action is one of the best in modern FPSs, and the stealth is fun. It is simple and, if you fail, it won't frustrate you. Vaas is one of the most charismatic villains I've ever seen, and yes, he has little time onscreen, but that's somewhat its charm. You are kept wondering whenReal solid action, beautiful landscapes and memorable characters are the highlights of Far Cry 3. The shooting action is one of the best in modern FPSs, and the stealth is fun. It is simple and, if you fail, it won't frustrate you. Vaas is one of the most charismatic villains I've ever seen, and yes, he has little time onscreen, but that's somewhat its charm. You are kept wondering when you will meet next. Only things holding it back are the crafting and repetitious tasks (driving from A to B, climbing towers, side quests feel all samey). But it is one of the most remarkable experiences from 2012. Expand
  2. Sep 21, 2014
    Great story line and awesome game experience. The game itself is quite challenging but never let me down to finish it till the end. I always love the open world concept throughout the game. The visual is stunning and the island environment was convincing.

Unfortunately, there are few things that can be improved, first, when I play on the mission, I cant run from it or I will failed the mission itself. Thus, I prefer that I can run from any mission and redo it whenever I want.

Secondly, in any of the difficult mission, once you reach at one of its checkpoint and died during the mission, let say, you just passed through the cave (first checkpoint) and reach the second checkpoint but at this checkpoint, you died being shot by random soldiers. When I was re-spawn or reborn ed which is at the last checkpoint (second checkpoint), the soldiers that hit me was gone. I thought it was glitches but it happened for few times. Hope someone can do something upon this matter.

But overall, the game was great and no regret to spend your 25 hours to play it.
  3. Nov 28, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is a classic shooter at its core, but there are various RPG mechanics, skills and upgrades under the hood. It’s a fabulous playing ground and one can but marvel at the wondrous ways the various elements interact with each other
  4. Oct 16, 2014
    For me it's one of my favourite games. It was awesome. Do you still remember all of these hereos in this game? Yes I do. Great soundrack anyway. Huge map, You can play it your own way. You play it how long you want. Great graphic. I really glad that I could try this game.
  5. Oct 23, 2014
    This game really set the bar high for any possible successors. Took the best things from Far Cry 2 and improved on it. Ubisoft really listened to their fan base. Played this game 3 times and I'm still going.
  6. Nov 11, 2014
    Picked this up along Blood Dragon in the last Steam sale and feck me but this game rocks! The story is great, the world just begs to be explored and the main protaganist is pure insane. A must for any open world gamers.

Also, make sure to pick up Blood Dragon if you were an 80's and 90's gamer and action film fan.
  7. Nov 19, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is the ultimate power fantasy, and I mean this as a compliment. Yeah, lots of games let you take back strongholds with bazookas and flamethrowers, but few offer an experience as smooth as Far Cry's. Combat is the perfect balance between stealth and firefighting, letting you sneak behind bushes or aim explosives at everything in sight. The hunting side quests are also a ton of fun.
  8. Mar 25, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game is painfully average. It starts off strong and sucks you into the theme easilly, but gets really dull after a short while of playing. The dialogues repeat, the activities are repetitive, AI keeps doing the dumbest things etc etc. What bothers me above anything is that the main missions force you down a specific path and doesn't tell you what it is going to be, so you're usually coming ill prepared.
    SPOILERS: At the end of the game as you're saving Riley from the airport you hop on a helicopter to fly out of the airport and escape the hordes of Hoyt's mercenaries. Riley has a pilot's licence for a plane, but he's got no experience with helis. Nonetheless he gets you off the ground and manages to manouver the helicopter. Thing is, he **** circles the airport and never gets higher than 30 meters off the ground. Know why? Cause the developers want you to enjoy the action of shooting at everything that moves (with explosions ofc). Half the time there's things blowing up on their own and the AI conveniently keeps taking cover behind gasoline barrels. Meanwhile they're calling you "The Traitor" over and over again. I'm **** SNOW WHITE! I was never part of your gang of mercenaries!!

This episode is just one example of the many bugs, braindead activities, oversights etc that put me off this game. Only chose this because I finally had enough while doing this particular mission. The whole game is a grind, and it's not even an MMO where grinding can give you a sense of purpose. Far Cry 3 is a kiddy game, it's not for anybody who expects more than action.

AND WHY DON'T THE LOCALS EVER HELP ME!?!? I am liberating your whole island by myself and I'm getting 0 help from you - literally 0. If you're already forcing me to ditch the stealthy approach and go in guns blazing, you might aswell have these guys help me out. No-one in the history of mankind has singlehandedly killed so many people as this adrenaline junkie who was mortified by the sight of a bad guy dying at the beginning of the game.

I'd go on and on, but I've come to expect this from Ubisoft's games. The games they publish are usually just eye candy and lack in most other aspects.

Kudos to the driving mechanics though. Driving around was a blast at first, but eventually I ceased to care about exploring so I just quit and did it only when it was required.
  9. Nov 25, 2014
    I liked this game, nice title by Ubisoft (company that i dont like too much). Funny, well-staged story and nice graphics. Hopefully continue on this path.
  10. Nov 28, 2014
    Despite not being a large first person action guy, i found this game very enjoyable and well worth the minimal amount i paid. Plenty to do and great mission variation. Thoroughly recommended and looking forward to playing number 4 :)
  11. Oct 17, 2017
    The story is good, the characters are interesting, the graphics are nice, the missions are good, the guns are excellent, the AI is good, the character runs fast like it's Doom or Quake, one can run forever, the vehicles handle reasonably well. There are a few missions that are incredibly annoying, but they are rare enough to not be a problem.

A few problems that I have with this game:

A few problems that I have with this game:
    1) It can be extremely hard to see who is shooting me. I need to use the camera to tag almost every enemy.
    2) Fall damage is retarded. I'm not even joking when I say it's possible to lose 1/3 of your health by falling 5 feet. Fortunately, health syringes are easy to make, so it's just annoying. It doesn't really break the game or make it too hard.
    3) The button to loot enemies and the button to switch guns should not be the same button. I end up dropping my weapon and picking up some crap weapon because I was staring at the guy's left leg instead of his right leg when holding the E key.
    4) The dark areas can be too dark. I have some thick blinds in my house, but they still don't block enough sunlight to play parts of this game while the sun is up.
  12. Dec 7, 2014
    Game's ability to entertain you with interesting story and concept overall is a very important feature, and this game has it.

It's immerse gameplay is supported by variety of interactive environment, characters and weapons.
  13. Nov 20, 2016
    This game is the first Far Cry game I ever play. The Characters are well presented and well voiced and the story was okay to say the least.

The graphics were fairly decent and the setting has a great atmosphere. The huge open world gives you things to do. The Characters were decent and memorable.The villain is the best of the franchise. Vaas is intimidating,scary,insane and brutal, he is one of my favourites but the main antagonist is Hoyt Volker, a generic Villain(Far cry 4's Pagan Min is much better).Citra, very complicated and she is just weird. The main protagonist Jason Brody who was okay but little known background of him, other characters are forgettable. Story is decent enough and the ending was like what the f**k?

The open world gives a great atmosphere and freedom to kill bastards and grand theft auto out of it but it has limitations but who cares. The missions are fun and interesting sometimes repetitive and also the side missions are pointless. So many features. The game is hard for first time players of the game (like me) but this why I love this game so much,screaming to a monitor because I failed, I love it. The game is beautiful and polished to say a few.

Far Cry 3 is an excellent gaming experience but it has some flaws too, which they will improve later on a next game or an update, but then again no game is perfect. Far Cry 3 is best of the series, played 4 and primal(Primal is the worst). Far Cry 3 is worth to revisit and still hold up.
  14. May 10, 2017
    This is what FC2 should have been. Its very good game.

-Good gameplay.
    -Nice story.
    -Amazing Graphics.
    -Beautiful openworld.
    -Great machanics.

A well thought and made game.
  15. Mar 30, 2015
    This game is absolute awesome.The whole story line of this game is easily under stable.The visual graphic of the game is also promising.The open world that is provided in the game has each an every detailing.And there are many things to do in the open world including the missions.
  16. Jul 24, 2016
    I waited quite a while to play this game. My grand kids, who hated Far Cry 2, loved this game. Ironically, I thought (still do) Far Cry 2 was/is the best FPS I've ever played. It was flawed in many respects, but it ALWAYS kept me IN the world. You can get shot while looking at your map. You can look at your map and drive at the same time. Nothing was safe. I even complained aboutI waited quite a while to play this game. My grand kids, who hated Far Cry 2, loved this game. Ironically, I thought (still do) Far Cry 2 was/is the best FPS I've ever played. It was flawed in many respects, but it ALWAYS kept me IN the world. You can get shot while looking at your map. You can look at your map and drive at the same time. Nothing was safe. I even complained about having GPS and found a way to turn that off. The game did not fair well. I wonder why (as I roll my eyes).

Well, I have played FC3 and am on the south island and nearing the end of the game. I won't finish it. The game makes me fell like a grade school kid.

It's ironic that a gamer will complain about FC2 because, "the enemy can see me from a mile away!" and then love FC3 where the enemy turns into little dots running around on your mini map. And people wonder what has happened to gaming.

I don't blame Ubisoft, it's the gamers that are the problem.

This is a little kids game.
  17. Jun 17, 2018
    The story and characters were better than 4's in my opinion; with interesting elements coming into play. Plus the two main villains were excellent and fantastically voice acted. The open world was beautiful, and the gun-play was solid. But, I found the protagonist to be inconsistent, the boss fights were terrible, and the side activities got repetitive after a while. Although I enjoyed theThe story and characters were better than 4's in my opinion; with interesting elements coming into play. Plus the two main villains were excellent and fantastically voice acted. The open world was beautiful, and the gun-play was solid. But, I found the protagonist to be inconsistent, the boss fights were terrible, and the side activities got repetitive after a while. Although I enjoyed the game, I don't think it's as good as everyone says it is. Expand
  18. Jul 30, 2016
    Recensione temporanea da sostituire non appena disponibile quella definitiva. Recensione temporanea da sostituire non appena disponibile quella definitiva.
  19. Jun 22, 2016
    Best Far Cry Game of the whole series. FC4 was bad and Primal speaks for itself, noone bought it.
    They made this Game greate and did bad Game after. Atleast they didn't use denuvo back then.
  20. Jan 20, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the best open world game I have ever played. The game runs smoothly on a mid-end PC, along with nice-looking graphics. But something I disappointed about the game that the Stealth Mechanics is not important, because you can go combat at anytime and you are hard to die. It is possible to kill an entire army of pirates with a knife in combat state. Expand
  21. Oct 28, 2016
    Ya se que estoy escribiendo la review un poco tarde, pero de algo servirá.
    Este juego es una joya que todo jugador debe tener en su colección, en mi caso lo compré en 2016, y aun así no me ha decepcionado para nada.
    Ya se que estoy escribiendo la review un poco tarde, pero de algo servirá.
    Tiene una gran jugabilidad, es más aunque el manejo de los coches sea bastante malo, te diviertes conduciéndolos, después respecto al modo historia, he de decir que se desarrolla muy bien su trama ya que te va consiguiendo enganchar poco a poco y cuando menos te lo espera se acaba con un grandioso final, porque ese tiroteo con esa pedazo de música te motiva mucho, eso si también tiene puntos negativos y para mi el más grande es cada batalla cuerpo a cuerpo las cuales aun siendo muy importantes solo consisten en una serie de quick time events, pero a pesar de este fallo la historia sigue siendo muy divertida.
    Cuando te pones a capturar el primer campamento te sientes libre ya que puedes entrar por cualquier lado al campamento y con todas las posibilidades que tienes de capturarlo, desde ir sigiloso o ir con toda tu artillería disparando a cualquier cosa que se mueva, eso si me parece muy bien que se premie más al sigilo que a la locura.
    También puedes capturar una serie de torres las cuales al destruir un aparato que estará situado arriba del todo te completará un trozo de mapa, estas torres aunque no muy difícil de llegar a la cima, según vas avanzando en la historia te das cuenta de que cada vez tienes que pensar más que tienes que hacer para subir un piso más y eso es una cosa que creo que le falta a cualquier campaña de un shooter, a lo que yo denomino "momento puzle".
    También he probado los otros dos modos de juego, el modo cooperativo, el cual me parece que está bastante bien y más al jugar con amigos; pero creo que el modo multijugador sobra ya que es una copia de todos los shooters actuales mal hecha.
    En conclusión he de decir que Far Cry 3 es un juegazo el cual recomiendo a cualquiera (excepto si lo único que quieres jugar es el modo multijugador).
  22. Feb 26, 2016
    Un jefe que está como una putisima cabra, escenarios tropicales fantásticos y una historia llena de violencia de principio a fin. Varios finales. Buena jugabilidad donde tu eliges que estilo llevar (sigilo o a saco). Recomendado 100%
  23. Mar 9, 2016
    Excellent game worth every penny of its price GOOD JOB UBISOFT. Far cry 3 is really one of my favourite games of all time back in 2012, i was so hyped for this game i couldn't wait to play this game on my pc.
    Gameplay is fantastic absolutely incredible , story is very nice but gets weird at the end,the world is extremely big, weapons are amazing, animations are amazing, performance is alright not the best but not the worst, overall the game is great it is definitely a MUST OWN!!!
  24. Mar 14, 2016
    This game blew me away! I didn't expect to love it so much! Great characters, great story, great variety, and I can still go back to replay this, it's so fun! Vaas is one the greatest villains in any video game I've ever played! And the story is really emotional and deep, and Jason's whole trans-formative arc is epic. Only loses a point due to a rubbish co-op campaign, otherwise, perfect 10.
  25. May 18, 2016
    This game is average , because graphics in this game is bad , but storyline is good . This game is Action , but at the moments Stealth . This game is not one of the best game of 2012 . Far Cry 3 better than Far Cry 4 and Far Cry 3 interesting pass . 6/10 .
  26. Apr 12, 2016
    GOOD: Very entertaining game, fun to play, nice graphics, nice quality overall, like the tower/camp structure, variate approach to objectives (be creative).
    BAD: Too easy, sometime map feels empty in some areas, animals are a little to hard to kill xD, boss fights not very inspired.
  27. May 26, 2016
    This is one of the best open world games that you can find out there the game gets everything right the gameplay,the story,the characters and the open world.the game is brimming with things to do like shoot bad guys,upgrade weapons,liberate outposts etc.The best character in this game is Vaas who is the antagonist of this game and you play as Jason Brody a guy who has been kidnapped on anThis is one of the best open world games that you can find out there the game gets everything right the gameplay,the story,the characters and the open world.the game is brimming with things to do like shoot bad guys,upgrade weapons,liberate outposts etc.The best character in this game is Vaas who is the antagonist of this game and you play as Jason Brody a guy who has been kidnapped on an island along with his friends while they were on a vacation after Jason escapes the prison he meets some people who help him to find his friends.The main problem with this game is the final boss fight which is TERRIBLE because it just a lazy QTE brawl otherwise this game is a must play easily one of the best open world games of all time. Expand
  28. Jun 2, 2017
    Far Cry 3 is a great game. The story is very good because you are just an average Joe on vacation. The game then turns you into a crazed killer. The villain was very well portrayed. The outposts were fun to destroy. The great game play and a great story make this game a must play.
  29. Jun 28, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. besides the lag and crashes on steam its simply amazing but pls fix the crashes thanks p.s. when you kill vaas I think you should be able to go back to America or take over all of his outposts and lands Expand
  30. Jun 30, 2016
    Beautiful scenery, interesting and unique characters, exciting and non-repetitive plot, good range of weapons, endless amount of things to do besides the main story, fun gameplay such as killing the animals and performing take downs on enemies... idk man i could go on forever this game is great :P

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
  2. Jan 29, 2013
    Exhilarating, colorful, mindless – that's Far Cry 3 in three words.
  3. Hyper Magazine