• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Mar 23, 2004
8.1

1. May 26, 2011
    Game starts out interesting but descends into the typical mad scientist and mutants (or zombies or monsters) that so many games fall back on when they can't think of something original.
  2. Sep 4, 2011
    How can I play this game, if it uses XP only!?!? What is ubisoft thinking?! ONLY XP?! I give it 0 because I can't even start this game having Win7... I thought ubi would be better than this, but lately they are shipping out crap. Proving again ubisoft are douche bags
  3. Jul 7, 2011
    I'm probably a few years late for this review. But I just started playing Far Cry 1. The AI is horrible. They spot you through walls as well as shoot you through walls when in reality they shouldn't be able to see you or know where you are. You can creep and move in stealth, but the AI always see you and have dead aim. It's like playing against an AIMBOT and Hacks. The story starts out very vague and doesn't give you much information about who you are, why you are where you are, or even a reason to wonder around an island trying not to get shot by the Aimbot AI. Sorry, I have to give this a 4 for possibility which never came about. Expand
  4. Sep 23, 2011
    ....Seriously people liked this game? I'm up for a challenge and i love FPS but seriously... This has to be the WORSE GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED. DO NOT BUY THIS POS. Voice acting is terrible, plot is boring and lame. For a 2004 the game serves no justice.. Sure the graphics are nice. But playing the game on medium and dieing constantly to **** AI, terrible checkpoints because the game decided to give no user saves or quick saves like ANY OTHER GAME. This game honestly doesn't even deserve a 1... I believe i overpaid for this game at $ 2.50. Challenging game is one thing but an AI that shoots through walls/tents and auto head shots you is balanced.. Expand
  5. Mar 16, 2013
    I've tried hard to continue playing this game, but I've had enough of enemies shooting through walls. Oh, not only the first level soldiers seeing you perfectly inside the barracks, or the guy inside a locked hangar gunning you down from a car, also those "elite" soldiers later on the game running like mites and killing you through concrete walls and columns.

Ironically, low level
    soldiers took cover and such, this ones are so pro that run around like monkeys so you are unable to snipe them, which probably was the only satisfying weapon.

The concept of the mutants was good, but what could have been a wonderful horror game on the style of Dead Space ended up as comedically gorish as Bioshock due to sheer unability to make the mutant aparitions something unexpected or dangerous.

Good things: The game feels open, with several paths to go from point A to point B, the driving is really good, and the dificulty isn't based on rationing ammunition.

More bad things: As usual, as soon as you shoot 1 enemy, all of them in range of sigth 1 mile away will inmediately shoot at you. No stealth killing today son. The concept of the open world is cool, but there isn't anything else there for you to find anyway, doesn't matter how much you wander.

In conclusion, play this game if you like RPG type of shooters, but expect to possibly left dissapointed.
  6. Jul 22, 2013
    Literally has no redeeming qualities. The graphics were outdated, not to mention they were surpassed by HL2 and Doom 3 in the same year. The AI is terrible, and the "stealth" is a joke. You can pretty much walk by anyone as long as you're crouching. You acquire all weapons within 60 seconds of play, but that's not saying much seeing as there are only four, two of which are pretty much the same thing. The game is often marketed as open world, but the levels are very linear and badly designed. You are often shoved into foxholes in which if you get up, you're killed almost instantly. It's often hard to find where you need to go. One of the first levels has you going into an abandoned ship. You are told to enter through a hole in the ship. There is a HUGE, exposed, hole in the ship that you see instantly. However, this isn't what you want. You need to go underwater, to the other side of the boat, and into a 1 meter wide hole. The story is absolutely ridiculous, but I won't go into that to avoid spoilers. The cutscenes are bad 90s film esque. The vehicle sections are very hard to navigate. Saving is not allowed, so if you need to do something else, you better hope there was a checkpoint recently. I got it for $2.50 on the Steam Sale, and I feel like I paid way too much Expand
  7. Mar 24, 2014
    I can't explain how bad this game is. It's not hard.. it's just bad.
    - No AI
    - instant hits from the enemy + 2-3 shoots, and you die (easy settings)
    - boring
    - B-Side feeling

+ Graphics.

Bad game.

1. The game has plenty going for it. Most notably the AI which rivals just about any human that I've played against. What is most interesting is that the AI plays fair. It doesn't have ESP.
  2. It's like being stranded right smack in the middle of an action-packed B grade movie, and while I'd probably fall asleep half way through the flick, I stayed wide awake and my adrenaline was pumping as mad while playing Far Cry.
    Far Cry is the total package; outstanding gameplay, completely groundbreaking graphics, and a storyline and plot filled with surprises and heart pounding excitement.