7.1

1. Oct 1, 2011
    I'm sure FIFA on consoles is an enjoyable and well-rounded experience, but this isn't a console. This is a PC. And playing on the PC makes you feel like EA is looking down at you with the utmost contempt at every turn.

It's never mentioned in any of the previews that the game is physically impossible to play with the keyboard, the main peripheral of the PC; they simply ported and expected all PC users to buy a gamepad to accomodate them. Worse, the only tutorials the game contains are regarding their new "Tactical Defending" system, leading to a FIFA newbie like me knowing the theory of how to "jockey" an opposing defender, but being left with no clue on how to take or defend a penalty, or how to dribble, or how to ... do anything, really. I'm left with the feeling that the game's looked at me and said "You haven't played FIFA before? Seriously? You disgust me." Which is fine, learning curve and all that. Except scratch the surface slightly, and you'll find that the more complex moves you need to play the game require you to grow an extra hand to perform them the way they suggest you do.

Sure, the game looks pretty. The range of animations are very impressive, and the stadium environments and sounds are beautiful. Not that I have much time to admire them; I'm usually occupied with fighting against the clunky, awkward controls which quite often have your players reacting long after you pressed the button, and shouting at the confusing choices which the AI choose to make. Pretty animations are all very well, but if the gameplay isn't smooth, intuitive and controllable, then there's something majorly wrong. If something goes wrong, you need to feel that it's YOUR fault ... not the fault of the controls, or the game.

It's as if FIFA 12 is trying to be a footballer's wife. It looks gorgeous and oozes sexiness, and you know all your mates will look and go "Yeah man, you're playing with FIFA 12". But after a couple of months of living with her, you'll find yourself wondering what your old girlfriend Ms. Sensible Soccer is up to these days. She's a bit older and wears those funny glasses, but god ... she was fun, wasn't she.
  2. Sep 30, 2011
    Brilliant brilliant brilliant. This game has a perfect fludity, great movement and endless replayability. The commentary is good, graphics are great and way the ball and players move looks fantastic. Overall a great game.
  3. Sep 28, 2011
    1. you buy the game and get the DISC.
    2. you install but instead of installing from disc it makes you download 7 gigs from the internet. which makes the disc useless
    3. you must always be online to play the game unlike PES. 4. game play sucks balls. the players look like they are moving on air instead of the ground. it looks like the players are held up by strings and their legs are just
    1. you buy the game and get the DISC.
    3. you must always be online to play the game unlike PES.
    4. game play sucks balls. the players look like they are moving on air instead of the ground. it looks like the players are held up by strings and their legs are just moving. it looks very very disturbing.
  4. Oct 9, 2011
    The Career mode still requires some work, especially in terms of the AI as it is sometimes infuriating to play against a weak team on pro difficulty and watch as they defend and attack like a five star team, making little or no errors. Career mode does need a major revamp to make it more interesting as it can get monotonous. One suggestion would be if you could build a team from scratchThe Career mode still requires some work, especially in terms of the AI as it is sometimes infuriating to play against a weak team on pro difficulty and watch as they defend and attack like a five star team, making little or no errors. Career mode does need a major revamp to make it more interesting as it can get monotonous. One suggestion would be if you could build a team from scratch like in the PES Master League mode. It's just more fun and addictive trying to build a team. Regardless of this it is still enjoyable and the transfer system and commentary are far superior to previous versions. The incorporation of 'Deadline Day' is brilliant and the commentary (even though I think Andy Townsend knows jack about football) this year is more interactive with the game, making it sound like commentary rather than merely pre-recorded sound bytes. The new online mode is simply immense and whatever about the flaws of the single player this mode makes up for it in sheer quality. Overall an excellent game and without a doubt the best Fifa yet. Expand
  5. Oct 9, 2011
    The best game of a series! Realness of the physicist a new cursor all that that so didn't suffice! Simply excellent football simulator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Sep 30, 2011
    best fifa to date...noobs are the ones that cannot use the new defending system. Noobs are the ones that dont see the massive changes, and noobs are the ones that love to run straight, shoot and then show you the celebration and replay just so they can lose later on the match by a dose of their own medicine, aka, a cheap goal. Best fifa to date no doubt, super gameplay, harder tacticalbest fifa to date...noobs are the ones that cannot use the new defending system. Noobs are the ones that dont see the massive changes, and noobs are the ones that love to run straight, shoot and then show you the celebration and replay just so they can lose later on the match by a dose of their own medicine, aka, a cheap goal. Best fifa to date no doubt, super gameplay, harder tactical defense that allows insane fun matches. If people know how to use the new defending system, good luck, online, the competition is brutal. The new online stuff and interface is nothing short of amazing. The idea of being in a league all throughout online is awesome. Maybe console noobs are used to it, but for us PC gamers this is the first time we get the full fifa NG experience and this is what a soccer game should be like. Expand
  7. Oct 4, 2011
    In my opinion the best part of the published on the PC. Lame only control, but ... Gamepads have long been ruled by football simulator. The game has pleased me a lot more than PES 12.
  8. Oct 4, 2011
    So, It's not easy to play FIFA 12 on PC platform because you were experienced on console. But why not play by Gamepad. I think FIFA 12 PC too great this year. Gameplay, Impact Engine or Pro-Player Intelligence are both amazing. The movement of players is realistic, dribble is up to your skill and you have to have a good vision to score or win the match. Finally, I think 9 for FIFA 12 PC isSo, It's not easy to play FIFA 12 on PC platform because you were experienced on console. But why not play by Gamepad. I think FIFA 12 PC too great this year. Gameplay, Impact Engine or Pro-Player Intelligence are both amazing. The movement of players is realistic, dribble is up to your skill and you have to have a good vision to score or win the match. Finally, I think 9 for FIFA 12 PC is acceptable Expand
  9. Oct 2, 2011
    Direction of passes simply awfully, processing of a sword and possibility are disgusting to punch, game has lost зÑ
  10. Nov 15, 2011
    The gameplay can be as smooth as possible, but there is one problem with the game on PC, which drops the score a lot for me - and that is the controlls. It is superhard to get something going, especially those special moves. The game really isn't physically possible to play with the keyboard.
  11. Dec 23, 2011
    BooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooRING ........................................
  12. Oct 5, 2011
    Great football game, especially the gameplay and online combination is what makes it so fun. Unfortunately it has many flaws as well from which I have to only pick the "single player sucks" point. It really really does, there is no motivation in single player other then training to get better for online matches. This area needs MAJOR changes. All is saved thanks to the vast onlineGreat football game, especially the gameplay and online combination is what makes it so fun. Unfortunately it has many flaws as well from which I have to only pick the "single player sucks" point. It really really does, there is no motivation in single player other then training to get better for online matches. This area needs MAJOR changes. All is saved thanks to the vast online experience however so for football fans its a must buy game. Also, its true that keyboard players cant enjoy this game at all but I dont see this as a flaw but rather its a flaw of these players to use keyboard in a game ported from consoles ! FIFA 10 pretty much started keyboard demise and now in 12, its virtually immposible to play a fair match against a gamepad user. All I have to say to keaboard users is .. dont be a fool and buy the damn gamepad !! I never understood why is it so hard for people to make this change, I was a keaboard user myself before FIFA 11 and I had no problems adjusting to gamepad. Expand
  13. Nov 8, 2011
    Could not find the graphics settings and took me 10 minutes to finally play. Was so irritated didnt even bother anymore and uninstalled this game. Its maybe like soccer, if you like watching balls bounce of the head of grown men this game is for you.
  14. Oct 9, 2011
    Graphics are just as basic as they have been since about 2007 (seriously **** texturing and low rez console grade console junk) which thankfully is saved by the best gameplay of the series so far and half decent animation improvements and faster paced cuscenes over '11. Commentary is ruined by some lisping fool who pronounces the names wrong far to often, bring back Andy Gray.
  15. Oct 4, 2011
    FIFA2012 is a nice new engine with the all time long lacking depth. The collision engine is certainly pretty and spectacular, but the fluidity from one animation to another is abrupt. This engine needs work or more motion capture as most players are a type.

Defensively it is ok, but does not have the IA the new PES has. It still feels too arcadey and easy to defend. Offensively it is just horrid, all goals are extremely similar and the ball physics is just not real. I'm sorry but the shooting animations coupled with a bad ball flight and awkward curls just make this game fun but definitely not football. The king has left his throne this year.
  16. Oct 7, 2011
    Perfect game! This is the best PC football, which i played in my life. I am the biggest PES fan, but I must admit that FIFA is much better this year.
  17. Oct 11, 2011
    This is the best soccer game to date in this gen. Gameplay is amazing and the PC version this time has got the attention it deserves, those guys complaining for the lack of keyboard features, get over it, this kind of games is best played with a pad, no questions about it; and the good thing is that you can get a pad for your pc. This year FIFA 12 is a must buy for your gaming rig ifThis is the best soccer game to date in this gen. Gameplay is amazing and the PC version this time has got the attention it deserves, those guys complaining for the lack of keyboard features, get over it, this kind of games is best played with a pad, no questions about it; and the good thing is that you can get a pad for your pc. This year FIFA 12 is a must buy for your gaming rig if actually enjoy football games! Expand
  18. Oct 30, 2011
    The best soccer game till date . The impact engine adds a brilliant touch to the already successful series and the new manager mode interface is the best ever ! All in all its the closest that EA Sports have gotten to real world football!
  19. Nov 13, 2011
    This game is more polished than most first person shooters, it breaks a lot of ground and everything new that it tries works. I don't stumble around the menus, importing a game face works phenomenally, and SONET implementation is complete and fantastic with the ability to upload replays from within the game UI. If you've came from legacy FIFAs such as 07 or before you'll probably be afraidThis game is more polished than most first person shooters, it breaks a lot of ground and everything new that it tries works. I don't stumble around the menus, importing a game face works phenomenally, and SONET implementation is complete and fantastic with the ability to upload replays from within the game UI. If you've came from legacy FIFAs such as 07 or before you'll probably be afraid to buy this because they all have a feel of "we'll add that next year and make some money this year" This game does not have that feel at all but still a lot of mechanics to pay attention to that need improvement; If you've played soccer video games that's the ongoing experiment. Expand
  20. Nov 10, 2011
  21. Nov 10, 2011
    this year Fifa is the best Soccer game, I hope the next will be better, also Ultimate team is interesting
  22. Mar 6, 2012
    I didn't like the movement of the players. It sucks when compared to PES 2012. The only thing that I think got better is the graphics. Otherwise, nothing has changes from the previous games
  23. May 5, 2012
    The PC Version is the best Fifa since many Years, actually i find it still better then Pro Evo! There are so many features thats are made better then in Pro Evo, i still love Pro in Multiplayer buts in all it loose 4:1 ;)
    Now after 6 month i have the Problem that i cant reach any Ultimate tournament Server...
  24. Nov 12, 2011
    Replayability is what really counts in football games. FIFA 12 manages to hook, entertain, surprise, and even more. The experience is majorly improved if you play with other people.
  25. Oct 6, 2011
    just save your money for something worth it, new fifa is just like every other they released. Fun and shinny at start, but after 2-3 hours of playing i've found myself simulating 99% of matches because they were so boring. Also don't even try it without pad, playing with keyboard is horrible
  26. Sep 30, 2011
    The game in pc is like fifa11 with impact engine and little bigger field to play.The shots easily goes in nets and some times keepers concerned aufful goals.The game is good but 7 is the most i give...for the pc.this is it.
  27. Oct 7, 2011
    This is the best FIFA game on PC ever. Period. EA finally decided to give PC gamers a complete version of FIFA after giving us the shaft for several years. Gaming wise, this is a great value for your money. $40 for a brand new triple A release is great. Here are a few things you should be aware of:

* This game is feature for feature, the same as the consoles. Gameplay is exactly the same. Don't let anyone try to convince you otherwise. However, you get the added bonus of being able to run the game in 1080p and use 4x anti aliasing.

* This game originated on consoles. It's designed with a gamepad play in mind. Get yourself a gamepad, preferably an Xbox 360 controller

* Most of the issues people are having with the game stem from the Origin software. I'm not a fan of it. Nobody is. Even the FIFA devs seem to be annoyed with it. * FIFA 12 is not an easy game to start playing if you haven't played a previous title. It will take you dozens of games before you get the hang of it. If you are new to the game, set the difficulty to Semi-Pro. When you start beating the AI like 7 to 0 regularly, change to Professional. They didn't include a manual so I suggest you search for FIFA 12 tutorials on youtube/google.

Overall I think this is one of the top PC games of the year. Even if you don't normally like sports game, definitely get this one.
  28. Oct 20, 2011
    very good, bringing many changes from the previous series. better animation, more realistic gameplay, eliminating bugs from previous versions and many more.

1. Nov 9, 2011
    Spectacular player collisions and tackles, and a far more realistic pace make FIFA 12 the best football sim yet.
  2. Nov 7, 2011
    Online multiplayer is FIFA 12's saving grace. Without it, it's a reasonably good game with fair graphics, deep defense system and a promising, albeit somewhat unnatural, player impact mechanics. With multiplayer, it's the best soccer game in quite some time.
    New football sim isn't flawless but it is able to attract fans and revive the spirit of competition in every player again. The weakest link is the referees (as usual). [Oct 2011]