6.8

1. Aug 27, 2013
    This game has come a long way from the fiasco that was version 1.0. Overall, Square Enix has done a great job completely remaking the game and optimizing everything that failed in the first. And aside from the server issues during Early Access and the 1017 errors as of launch this game couldn't be any better.

You can call me a fanboy or just not agree with what I'm saying, that's fine.

You can call me a fanboy or just not agree with what I'm saying, that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this happens to be mine. I've been playing since 1.0 but didn't play it for long because it did suck big time. When I heard about FFXIV:ARR I was excited and hoped they would do a better job this time around. They have.

The game is better in almost every way. The graphics are almost as good and don't kill your system like 1.0 did. Most people couldn't run the old game. The optimizations have worked out wonderfully. I can safely say that it's one of the besting looking MMORPG's out. People seem to mistake that for best looking game but that's not the case. This is right up there with TERA in terms of beautiful MMO graphics. By the way, I am running on maximum settings with 60+ fps. Perks of building your own extreme gaming PC.

The quest system is much improved and everything just feels more fluid. There is a lot of text to read but that's pretty standard. They do a pretty good job of defining what you need to do and it all isn't just fetch or kill quests. I think the most a quest has ever had me kill is 5 of a particular monster. I'm currently a 26 Marauder. My only gripe is I wish all the dialogue was all voice acted but as it stands only select in game cutscenes are voice acted. The ones that are are pretty well done too, some of the voices fit the characters while there are others that don't.

Things to do are plentiful in this game. Want to quest, sure, go ahead. Want to craft? You can do it all on one character. FATE's are frequent and award nice experience and GC seals when you get that far. Leves are a fun diversion though I wish you weren't restricted to the allowance you're given. And you only gain 3 every 12 hours real life time. The story missions have been great too. Lot's of lore and character development to discover. Another great diversion are the Logs you have access to. Hunting Logs have you kill monsters for super bonus experience. It's all a nice way to help you level up.

The only real issue I've had with the game so far is just the server issues which are doing much better than they were at the start of Early Access. Despite those issues I have given this game a 10/10 because it is everything I wanted and more. And the beauty is that it can only get better from here! They have so many wonderful plans for the future and even near future! So stick with it guys, I will, and I guarantee it will be a blast!
  2. Aug 27, 2013
    If you're basing your score on launch server issues either wait with posting an opinion or you shouldn't be playing MMOs at all. This is launch, every single game has it's issues (hello WoW launch and every single expansion pack), they get smoothed out and eventually are gone and remain forgotten. Hardware, even nowadays, ain't sci-fi tech; it has it's limits no matter how much money youIf you're basing your score on launch server issues either wait with posting an opinion or you shouldn't be playing MMOs at all. This is launch, every single game has it's issues (hello WoW launch and every single expansion pack), they get smoothed out and eventually are gone and remain forgotten. Hardware, even nowadays, ain't sci-fi tech; it has it's limits no matter how much money you put into it. There is a reason we're not travelling at light speed yet.
    You think they're sitting there /point laughing at people that can't get in? Seriously..?

On to the review; this game has one thing I've never felt in any other MMO so far, and of those there has been plenty. I don't need to be max level to enjoy, or need to rush to cap. The game has a plethora of choices, jobs, quests, instances, FATEs (which are great fun), crafts, zones, monsters, hunting logs, guildhests, new levequests; you name it. During leveling you unlock many extra things useful for your character; mounts, retainers, dyeing, melding.. so you don't get it all at start, or only at the top level.

The graphics are great (and that's where a lot of MMOs lack), with a huge optimalization boost when it comes to performance (compared to 1.0), and the music is superb.
    Fighting is dynamic, boss fights ranging from a typical tank and spank to doing it the whole way around with precise tactics. Random events with XP and item rewards will often distract you from your current engagement, and the main mission storyline expands to hundreds of quests.

In short Yoshi-P delivered a game from a true MMO fan for MMO players.

For a Final Fantasy fan? 10/10 and a must. If you still remember 1.0 forget the horrors, this is a new era.
    For a MMO fan? 8/10 and you should really give it a go, plenty of friendly things you'll find.

For a wingnut who cannot comprehend the fact of hardware limits on launch? A lollipop and a punch in the face.
  3. Aug 27, 2013
    While this game does not re-define the genre or drive it into the next generation, it does the things we have grown to love about the genre right. With a track record of amazing content in the companies first MMO, FFXI, this game does have incredible potential to become another 10+ years MMO for you to enjoy.

The amount of detail and care not only in the visual aspects is astonishing

The amount of detail and care not only in the visual aspects is astonishing with a grade of attention to detail that will amaze you. Animations are beautifully done with incredible detail to textures going so far as to display seams and fabric texture. Even on medium settings the game is beautiful and runs smooth even on older PC's.

The UI, especially the custom one for controller is the best i have seen so far. Everything is very polished and works as expected. The care that was taken to make this playable on both PC and consoles is astonishing and it pays off.

The games heavy focus on story telling will no doubt bore and even scare off a lot of impatient gamers that just want to get to the end for whatever reason. The story itself is beautifully told with an extremely extensive main story line, we are talking almost a hundred quests and just as many cut scenes. If you add the class specific quest lines for all the jobs and the side quests you are looking at a couple hundred for sure.

Content is abundant and you will find yourself overwhelmed at the options you have in this game. There are a dozen or so dungeons, special fights called Primal fights, dynamic events, special guild missions, grand company missions, leves (contract missions) It would be too much to list everything here.

Crafting is a huge part of the game and considered a class like warrior not just an add on like in many other games. The best gear does not come from quests or loot, it's made and enhanced by crafters. They are an essential part of the game without them the higher level and harder content could not be beaten.

Of cause the game is not perfect, it shares the same issues as most "themepark" and gear centric MMO games. The basic enemies are not very smart and they are spread out in the world according to level and areas they inhabit like a Zoo. Questing or any of the other activities can become a grind if you decide to grind them. The game however gives you so many options that you should never find yourself doing just one thing over and over.

Overall it is a very enjoyable game with great potential given the track record the company has with Final Fantasy XI, the genres biggest game with content that will literally take you years to finish.
  4. Aug 27, 2013
    This game has been amazing so far. I'm only level 11 right now but I have been playing since the phase 4 beta test. Besides the server log in issues which is only because the game just started out the game has been a phenomenal play. The story is good, the way SE recouped and worked the story from final fantasy XIV version 1.0 is awesome. In game wise I haven't had any complaints yet!.This game has been amazing so far. I'm only level 11 right now but I have been playing since the phase 4 beta test. Besides the server log in issues which is only because the game just started out the game has been a phenomenal play. The story is good, the way SE recouped and worked the story from final fantasy XIV version 1.0 is awesome. In game wise I haven't had any complaints yet!. Look forward to playing this game to the end which I haven't done with any other MMO so far. Expand
  5. Aug 27, 2013
    Coming from a 1.0 original purchaser who never played version 1.0 for even one hour, and had my box gathering dust for about 3 years:

Do play this. It's fun, immersive and well-executed from a software perspective. Hardware (i.e. servers) need some work yet, but nothing that can't be fixed in the coming days weeks.

Proud Digital Collectors Edition owner of FFXIV: ARR!
  6. Aug 27, 2013
    What an achievement, they've managed to take a game that was literally the worst MMO I've ever played and turn it into one of the best I've ever played. Square is back. The job system is genius and a refreshing take on classes in mmos, content is challenging even for hard core players post level 30, and the world is addicting as hell.
  7. Aug 27, 2013
    Besides from all the normal launch problems with every MMO; this game is beautiful shaped, great game play and amazing story so far. This game will steal your heart
  8. Aug 27, 2013
    If you played 1.0, you may believe you know what this game has to offer, but the further you get the more this game offers you beyond your expectations. Chocobos can level up; grand companies allow you to earn additional currency towards great stuff when you complete levequests and FATEs, among other things. The lag in the interface has been resolved with the brand new UI too.

If you

If you didn't play 1.0 this game is a huge improvement over the original, which received poor reviews. The voice acting is not the best it could be, but that's not a deciding factor for me and an MMO. The maintenance some reviews comment about is sure to pass, and was prevalent in early access during the days prior to release, so in my opinion should not be relevant to the user score here unless it continues (which so far it has not).
  9. Aug 27, 2013
    Aside from a few log in issues i couldn't be more happy with the game, the fact that you can do everything you want on just 1 character is amazing for me, i went from having to grind on 8 different chars a week on wow to focusing on 1 in FF, i pray this game will bloom for years to come.
  10. Aug 27, 2013
    FFXIV came back from a dark place called V1... Now, it's a great game with plenty of features picked in every today's MMO improved and Final Fantasylized !
    I'm not objective, i can't be objective because i'm a huge Final Fantasy Fan but FFXIV is designed for us, and for that i'll give it a big 10
  11. Aug 27, 2013
    First of all, most of the negative reviews are from the server issues the game had during the early access weekend prior to launch. This is not indicative of the final product.

This game is nothing short of spectacular. The fact that the development team took a failing game, and made it what it is today in only 2 years is a miracle. The graphics are by far the best in the genre, the world design is among the best in any game, period, the sound design is something you must hear to believe, and the writing is phenomenal. This game deserves more than its tainted name allows it. On top of everything I've listed, the game is just plain fun. This game must be experienced to be fully appreciated. This is how Final Fantasy used to be, not what it currently is. This game is a love letter to the entire series. It has characters, monsters, equipment and activities from many numbered Final Fantasy games, and they're only adding more. This will be one of the only MMOs out right now still being played in 10 years.
  12. Aug 27, 2013
    This game...
    Where can I start?
    Conceptually it's not a big deal, but as one takes it in bit by bit, as one does with the modern MMO, one begins to realize the where this game shines is in the how. The execution of the ordinary in such a way that it becomes extraordinary. While it had some issues in logins, (I never personally had the problem for more than 3 minutes,) due largely to
    This game...
    Where can I start?
    The execution of the ordinary in such a way that it becomes extraordinary.
    While it had some issues in logins, (I never personally had the problem for more than 3 minutes,) due largely to the fact that Square Enix did not expect the scale of NA/EU MMO players.

I like that, it gives me good feelings about the future of this game.

Oh the story? Just give it a little time, it will turn into one of your favorite FFs as well as one of your favorite MMOs.
  13. Aug 27, 2013
    I have been playing this non stop since I got the early access. This game is incredibly fun, addictive, the scenery is beautiful and the gameplay is fantastic. The servers may be full at times but you gotta keep trying to get in and when you do, it'll be one of the best experiences ever. All in all, get this game.
  14. Aug 27, 2013
    The game itself is incredible as it is absolutely amazing. The architecture of the game is very well structured. Nice music on the background. The graphic is astonishing and the gameplay is quiet interesting in a way that it'll make you play for hours. The element of the game is a mix of final fantasy 1-13 (which is a very positive thing). The content is quiet big even though the game isThe game itself is incredible as it is absolutely amazing. The architecture of the game is very well structured. Nice music on the background. The graphic is astonishing and the gameplay is quiet interesting in a way that it'll make you play for hours. The element of the game is a mix of final fantasy 1-13 (which is a very positive thing). The content is quiet big even though the game is quiet new. The launch isnt as smooth as we thought it would be but that is because there are more people that are playing than expected. overall its a fun game to play and have not got any pay to win like many of the mmo today. Expand
  15. Aug 27, 2013
    This is not a Bad game at all, they have alot of issues about they servers, but they just started... Grafics are amezing, nice selection to create your character with saving options if u wanna play with the toon in another realm. They have a nice intro to Final Fantasy world for ppl just start this saga. Questing its ok for now. Im pretty sure they will improve more things in time. TheThis is not a Bad game at all, they have alot of issues about they servers, but they just started... Grafics are amezing, nice selection to create your character with saving options if u wanna play with the toon in another realm. They have a nice intro to Final Fantasy world for ppl just start this saga. Questing its ok for now. Im pretty sure they will improve more things in time. The system is ver easy to learn. We must give them more time to make a complete review about this game. Expand
  16. Aug 27, 2013
    Amazing game. Sure they have some problems with the launch, like every other MMOs but when you are in, this is one of the best experience out there! You will love it if you give it a chance.
  17. Aug 27, 2013
    Very great game. Finally, a MMORPG that put's an emphasis on "RPG". Way to go Square Enix, I think you just revived the franchise for me! This game delivers everything Final Fantasy and then some!
  18. Aug 27, 2013
    This game is amazing. Those who are giving it a zero are just complaining about the server issues, which every mmo has. Just give it a week to pass through. The game is spectacular, and people are judging it harshly way too early.
  19. Aug 27, 2013
    This game has definitely come a long way since 1.0. It's definitely a very beautiful game and it seems to have pulled a lot of the great elements from other MMORPGS. Only issue that is really irritating is the current accessibility to the game. Ever since Early Access and now into launch the game is not accessible to most of the community due to 1017 error "Server Full" and no stableThis game has definitely come a long way since 1.0. It's definitely a very beautiful game and it seems to have pulled a lot of the great elements from other MMORPGS. Only issue that is really irritating is the current accessibility to the game. Ever since Early Access and now into launch the game is not accessible to most of the community due to 1017 error "Server Full" and no stable queuing system to allow people to enjoy the experience. But that's typical launch stuff...even though we'd hope developers would have found ways to mitigate this now in 2013 since MMOs have been around for over a decade.

Graphics: The graphics are beautiful and the landscapes are very well done. I catch myself looking around the world quite a bit when I am traveling and enjoying the scenery. The animations are very well done and the spell effects are intense, very colorful and very well done. Overall I can't complain about the graphics in this game and they are some of the best I've seen in an MMO

Travel: Travel in this game is fairly simple. The game is broken into a multitude of zones like most MMOs. There is a system of crystals you can use to teleport around (for a feel), chocobo rentals to take the scenic route, Mounts to ride at the later levels, air ships to carry you across continent, and the never old 'charlie brown" method of one foot in front of the other. Overall the travel is great and the game seems accessible. Tons of ways to travel and none take you the hours that 1.0 used to force you to travel.

Leveling: Like most MMOs you have your standard faire of quests to get you to max level, the new FATE system ala Rift/ GW2 public questing, levemetes (limited daily quests), and your hunting log (kill quests on specific creatures through each of the zones). Let's not forget the story line quests with epic cut scenes and large amounts of that Final Fantasy dialogue. Overall you'll have plenty to keep you engaged while leveling your jobs.

Jobs/Class system: One word, Awesome. You'll be able to play each job with a single character. No more need for alts, unless you're moving servers, since you'll have access to the full experience on one character. At level 10 you'll be able to learn other jobs, so you'll quickly be able to move to something else if you are not a fan of your initial job pick.

Combat: A little slow for my tastes at first, but I got used to it and now I love it. The entire game has a 2.5s GCD on abilities. This slows down your need to button mash and allows you to concentrate more on mechanics and keep your spacial awareness in check. Most classes have combo chains to pull off with your abilities which add some depth and choice into ability use. You'll also be able to bring in a limited amount of abilities from other jobs to augment your job's feel and fill in some gaps. Limit Breaker in groups is also another cool feature. large "finishing moves" that can be executed by one member in the group at a crucial moment in the fight. The limit breakers vary by job and each has a distinct effect. Overall I've been very happy with the combat system.

Dungeons/Raids: Dungeons are 4 man and follow the holy trinity (Tank/DPS/Healer). Overall the beta content was pretty solid. The first three dungeons were more of a learning experience for newer MMO players, introducing new mechanics in each. The Ifrit fight at 20 is where the difficulty starts to get turned up and it really checks your spacial awareness. Raids have been announced by the producers but I didn't get a chance to see those, but I'm optimistic that there will be a real challenge in them.

Overall I've had a great time with the game when I've had access. Unfortunately the problem is that I haven't had access as much as I'd have expected through Early Access and now launch. I'm not going to rate this review on those issues, because that will be solved. I will say it's damned annoying and that I really thing SE dropped the ball on this, but they did put out one helluva nice game.
  20. Aug 27, 2013
    15 Years MMO Veteran, this is the best online experience someone can experience atm.
    Amazing graphics, Great Storyline, Wicked User Interface, Oldschool combat reminiscent to Final Fantasy.
    This game is extremely polished for a launch title.
    Get it now!
  21. Aug 27, 2013
    I originally bought the collectors edition of 1.0. I was disappointing with the game as I could not really
    "get in" to it. After upgrading various components of my PC (to even play the game), I found it buggy and generally dull.

I am very happy to say that version 2.0 is quite the surprise. It has the same feel and engagement that I felt in FFXI and is an all around joy to play. The story line is engaging and unique, the battle system has been fine tuned and is feels like a FF game. I enjoy the Free Company concept and the new Auction House system is well implemented. But most of all, the community is were the game already shines (at least on my server).
  22. Aug 27, 2013
    I have been playing this game ever since version 1.0. I participated in the ARR Alpha, and all 4 Beta phases. This game has come a long way in a very short time, it has maintained the lore of previous FF games and built upon them with its own story. Combat mechanics are friendly enough for new players while still offering a challenge for seasoned MMO gamers. Partying and grouping areI have been playing this game ever since version 1.0. I participated in the ARR Alpha, and all 4 Beta phases. This game has come a long way in a very short time, it has maintained the lore of previous FF games and built upon them with its own story. Combat mechanics are friendly enough for new players while still offering a challenge for seasoned MMO gamers. Partying and grouping are seamless and dont seam like a chore. The game walks newcomers through the basics and slowly lets go of your hand as you progress through the ranks. It helps attract new people to MMO's who traditionally wouldnt try this type of game. Expand
  23. Aug 27, 2013
    The new version of Final Fantasy XIV does what it set out to do extremely well. It might not line up with my own preferences, but within its intended goals things are executed elegantly and enjoyably. There's been some difficulty with the servers, but given that's a transient issue that's already being rectified I don't think it's something I want to include in my lasting review score.The new version of Final Fantasy XIV does what it set out to do extremely well. It might not line up with my own preferences, but within its intended goals things are executed elegantly and enjoyably. There's been some difficulty with the servers, but given that's a transient issue that's already being rectified I don't think it's something I want to include in my lasting review score.

Simply put, while I've got one or two complaints (the lack of speech bubbles for chat, for instance) my summary would be 'I feel like I'm playing an MMORPG out of an anime'.
  24. Aug 27, 2013
    A marvelous game. As someone new to MMOs, I expected to be overwhelmed by features and interface elements. Thankfully the tutorial was helpful and clear; I felt comfortable using the different features.

Gameplay is not difficult but battles are enjoyable. Monster models, true to the series, offer entertaining art styles and names. Graphics are superb. This is simply an astoundingly

Graphics are superb. This is simply an astoundingly beautiful game. I find myself stopping regularly to take screenshots of the landscape.

The crafting system is intuitive and fun yet deep and useful. It's certainly more involved and richer than in any console RPG that I've played. You have so many opportunities to craft what you want and to approach it from so many different classes.

The user interface can be a bit clunky at times, but it offers a good amount of information through various menus.

I'm incredibly satisfied with the game and have enjoyed my time in Eorzea. I hope you will take a spin too.
  25. Aug 27, 2013
    If you can get around the server congestion issues, this is a great game. It takes a lot of the traditional Final Fantasy elements (cute creatures, long, in-depth storylike cutscenes, job system with unique outfits) and combines them with the World of Warcraft themepark system. This is the MMO of choice for anybody who has ever enjoyed JRPG's. In terms of difficulty, the grinding isIf you can get around the server congestion issues, this is a great game. It takes a lot of the traditional Final Fantasy elements (cute creatures, long, in-depth storylike cutscenes, job system with unique outfits) and combines them with the World of Warcraft themepark system. This is the MMO of choice for anybody who has ever enjoyed JRPG's. In terms of difficulty, the grinding is minimal and not difficult, while the solo instances are sufficiently challenging (I have not done a group dungeon yet). One of the good things about this game is that you can train for every profession, including crafting professions, so there is no need to create a horde of alternative characters unless you enjoy creating a mix of races and genders for your characters.

I will not rate this game based upon the server problems, which seem to be basically fixed judging by my play last night. The only thing that keeps this game from being a 10 is its current lack of Player vs. Player. I'm not a big fan of PvP, but it's something every MMO that releases should try to have. Square Enix says they will add it in a future update. I would also like to see vanity slots so that you aren't forced to wear something ugly and can design your own outfit (although dyes help with this somewhat). SE also says they will add vanity slots in a future update. Other than these minor qualms, the game is a lot of fun and should be played by anyone who is either a fan of challenging themepark MMO's or JRPG's.
  26. Aug 27, 2013
    The game itself gets a 10 from me. It's absolutely amazing. The most fun I've had in an MMO in a very long time, but the problem is, there are quite a few errors that SE can't seem to fix that prevent me and many others from actually accessing the game. Though the game has just launched, it has taken them over a week to fix the errors, and every time they supposedly fix it, another errorThe game itself gets a 10 from me. It's absolutely amazing. The most fun I've had in an MMO in a very long time, but the problem is, there are quite a few errors that SE can't seem to fix that prevent me and many others from actually accessing the game. Though the game has just launched, it has taken them over a week to fix the errors, and every time they supposedly fix it, another error or the same error pops up.

But anyway, the game is amazing. If you can get past the errors, get logged in and stay logged in, it's an amazing game.
  27. Aug 28, 2013
    Excellent game. Perhaps not as deep as FFXI or as action packed as WoW, but it offers a happy medium that I think people are really going to enjoy for years. This is the first time I've truly been excited for an MMO since vanilla WoW's release. There are some server troubles at the moment because I don't believe Square thought the game would be this popular.

People will get over

People will get over launch issues if the game is good (vanilla WoW had an INCREDIBLY rough start, for example-- rougher even than XIV's release). People will not get over launch issues if the game is shallow/uninteresting/boring (like Diablo 3).
  28. Aug 27, 2013
    Haven't been this attached to an mmo in a long time, the final fantasy world intrigues me more then any other, so far this is just an awesome game, there is so much to do i get confused :D
  29. Aug 27, 2013
    This is undoubtedly a Final Fantasy game. Fans of the series will more than likely feel right at home with the amazing musical score, incredibly graphics and deep character development. The reason this game doesn't get a personal score from me is that it lacks in many areas that other Final Fantasy games are strong in. The early game story for example is yawn inducing and incrediblyThis is undoubtedly a Final Fantasy game. Fans of the series will more than likely feel right at home with the amazing musical score, incredibly graphics and deep character development. The reason this game doesn't get a personal score from me is that it lacks in many areas that other Final Fantasy games are strong in. The early game story for example is yawn inducing and incredibly contrived, it gives you all the tools to "Feel special" but avoids any opportunity to step out of that bubble. It features a rather deep Level system that would at first glance appear to allow a player freedom of choice as to where and when they develop their character. Want to be a humble Fisherman? Tools are there. Want to be a Dragoon capable of feats beyond even the great Kain Highwind? Tools are there. Problem is, regardless of your path, if you follow the story (a staple in all FF games) you will be on the exact same path as every other player. I guess I question why do they personalize the story rather than leave it open to willing participants.

The expected "Party" system is MMO standard. Which is fine but they relegate certain functions such as the incredibly fun "Limit Break" system to a "decide when the group as a whole wants to use it" rather than a personal feat of increased effectiveness to be used at the best possible time. You have an extremely restricted early game party set up which creates a great deal of problems for finding a group as most classes, this is easily fixed too. WHY on earth can my Arcanist not heal for a dungeon when she has an equivalent heal to a Conjurer? In fact, at early group stages, the "Group Finder" will not even find you a group unless there is an available Conjurer. Tank classes are sparse as well, totaling 2 early game. Out of a total of 8 potential starting classes, you HAVE to have a Conjurer, Marauder/Gladiator, and any of the other two.

Even with all else been said, the game has incredible ups. Class development is fun, spending money on merchant gear feels effective and true to the series core. Each class is unique and has a play-style that is more advanced and rewarding once mastered than it first appears. You can get your own Chocobo and summon it to assist you in combat much akin to a FFT(actics) helper. The game gives you a constant carrot. The zones have a ton of seemingly random events, called FATEs. Evolving "Jobs" such as Warrior, Summoner, Black Mage etc is fun and rewarding, you have to earn each and every ability rather than simply buying them. Each weapon corresponds to a play style and subsequent Job, you can multi-class by earning levels in other weapons and socket them into your current role.

This is a new game, it is full of flaws. Do your best to look at them closely, because if you have paid any attention to the development cycle of this game you will know just how far Square Enix is willing to go to make this an experience to please you. I promise you none are so game breaking that they would prevent you from enjoying a good classic style MMORPG with a load of content to chase before they add more.

Give it a shot.
  30. Aug 27, 2013
    Despite the early access problems I've had the most fun here since WoW 1.0-1.5. There's just so much to do and probably the first time ever I don't feel like I have to level my main class or job to 50 to play the game to it's fullest. I've spent countless of hours crafting and fishing because it's just so entertaining by itself. Ok, you have your basic quests of kill/fetch or stuff likeDespite the early access problems I've had the most fun here since WoW 1.0-1.5. There's just so much to do and probably the first time ever I don't feel like I have to level my main class or job to 50 to play the game to it's fullest. I've spent countless of hours crafting and fishing because it's just so entertaining by itself. Ok, you have your basic quests of kill/fetch or stuff like that but it doesn't diminish the full experience. Additional ways to gain experience are introduced all the time and generally only a small portion of my experience comes from the basic questing.

If you are having a hard time to decide whether to try it, I strongly recommend you do. It's just 20 euros and by that price it's a steal. Best MMO of the decade.
  31. Aug 27, 2013
    This game is much improved over the previous version. The graphics are nothing short of amazing and the world is a wondrous place to explore. There are some issues with server stability, but they are working those out. The gameplay is fun and not all arcade- like when compared to games like GW2 or Tera. This is more in line with a true RPG. I highly recommend it.
  32. Aug 27, 2013
    I played FFXIV Ver 1.0 and was let down. I thought that I was going to be disappointing again. Man I'm glad I was wrong! This is easily the most immersive experience ever. I can't wait to play this using Oculus Rift! I'm excited for an MMO again and that's saying a lot because I've played almost literally all off them since Ultima Online and Everquest were the big things in MMOI played FFXIV Ver 1.0 and was let down. I thought that I was going to be disappointing again. Man I'm glad I was wrong! This is easily the most immersive experience ever. I can't wait to play this using Oculus Rift! I'm excited for an MMO again and that's saying a lot because I've played almost literally all off them since Ultima Online and Everquest were the big things in MMO gaming.

Graphics: Amazing, looks better than any other modern MMO.
    Story: 10/10 I'm incredibly excited to see what happens in my story.
    Gameplay: Next Gen FF Engine with a Twist. It's everything I've grown to love in modern FF games.
    Difficulty: Hard enough that a seasoned MMO player will find difficulty balanced and very rewarding.
    Others: Yeah launch was a mess but the servers are totally stable now. Not one hiccup yet!
  33. Aug 27, 2013
    Been playing since Alpha. I must say that everything about this game is excellent. The combat took sometime to get comfortable with. It is unfortunate that this game will receive bad reviews because of the login problems but a majority of those have already been addressed. This is your standard MMO launch. There are plenty of options for jobs to play, engaging storyline, the graphics areBeen playing since Alpha. I must say that everything about this game is excellent. The combat took sometime to get comfortable with. It is unfortunate that this game will receive bad reviews because of the login problems but a majority of those have already been addressed. This is your standard MMO launch. There are plenty of options for jobs to play, engaging storyline, the graphics are above average for an MMO. A Final Fantasy every FF fan must play. Expand
  34. Aug 27, 2013
    Tried this out for the first time this weekend, and found that many of the complaints I'd read on forums/etc were unfounded or exaggerated. Our household decided to pre-order the game and try it on a whim, since it looked fun and was on sale. None of us really had high expectations, and we're all MMO vets so none of us are stupid enough to be shocked by a few server troubles (which haveTried this out for the first time this weekend, and found that many of the complaints I'd read on forums/etc were unfounded or exaggerated. Our household decided to pre-order the game and try it on a whim, since it looked fun and was on sale. None of us really had high expectations, and we're all MMO vets so none of us are stupid enough to be shocked by a few server troubles (which have been blown out of proportion). We've gotten a lot of play time in and have all had a grand old time. It's great to feel excited to rush home and level again, and to explore beautifully crafted worlds. The combat is very fun, though not as action MMO-y as more recent games like TERA or GW2--but this is balanced by the depth of the combat and the depth of the content available.

Definitely going to be playing this for a while.
  35. Aug 27, 2013
    The game is very fun! The only reason I don't mark it as a 10 is because of the overpopulated servers, which seems to be the origin of all these negative user reviews. I mean, it's not very fair to bash them for that, they're trying to fix said problems now. This is a great game to play with friends!
  36. Aug 27, 2013
    Just GREAT, the server issue will end soon. no crash so far. some difficulty to login at peak hours but nothing to compare at Sim City Failure. The Duty Finder is best tool ever for a MMORPG
  37. Aug 27, 2013
    Yo jugué en el primer FFXIV hace 3 años, y ese juego era totalmente infumable, aguanté 3 meses hasta que lo dejé.
    Ahora con la ARR en la beta muchos jugadores decían que el juego había cambiado muchisimo y estaban encantados, claramente Yoshida se ha esforzado al máximo y ha puesto toda su ilusión en ello.
    El juego actualmente tiene problemas típicos de login pero una vez entras no hay lag, y funciona todo perfecto, para mi merece un 10, en 3 años han conseguido hacer un juego desde 0, que pasó de ser una mierda a ser algo placentero de jugar.
  38. Aug 27, 2013
    Fantastic Game. Great class system. Great graphics. Multiple subscription options for those who are power users or casual users.

I highly recommend this to any gamer who enjoys great graphics and a great story.

It's true they are having server load issues at the moment, but that doesn't change the quality of the game itself.
  39. Aug 28, 2013
    Game is being fixed and progress is being made. Servers are opening up more and character creation isn't such a contentious issue now (create your character offpeak times)

The game itself is the best MMO i've played since WoW. It follows mmo traditions but brings enough to the table to feel fresh all with a slick UI and fantastic story. First mmo i've played that doesn't feel like a

First mmo i've played that doesn't feel like a wow clone. Ignore the wow clone comments (See Rift for an example of a wow clone). I'm sure these people would call every FPS a Doom clone, right?
  40. Aug 11, 2016
    For the most part after playing many MMO's and back in the day MUDDs (getting old). This is a solid casual type game for those wanting to get with a few buddies and RP and run instances/quests. At first you're whelmed by an impressive world with almost unlimited opportunities. This is great for those not wanting multiple toons. Again gives you flexibility if you are online with friends.For the most part after playing many MMO's and back in the day MUDDs (getting old). This is a solid casual type game for those wanting to get with a few buddies and RP and run instances/quests. At first you're whelmed by an impressive world with almost unlimited opportunities. This is great for those not wanting multiple toons. Again gives you flexibility if you are online with friends. Having a static group or even a couple casual groups to bounce around with is nice.

As for solo content, well there are tons to do but you might find yourself drained by the "rinse and repeat". You might not want to level several jobs in the same grind pattern. Even though there is several areas to level jobs/classes, you will see the determine "path of grinding" after around lvl 15-20.

Raid content is not terrible. I found it on par with other MMO's. Though my hardcore raid days are pretty much at an end, I have seen a few and there is a lot of free companies (guilds) out there doing raids. So giving an accurate review in this area would be unjustly done.

Overall it is a good game. Yes there are other options with F2P and I have played those. Most are P2W though. If you give this a try do it for 2-3 months as mentioned in a couple other reviews. Try multiple classes to at least level 15. It will give you a general feel and allow you to find where you want to spend your time after your trial period.
  41. Sep 7, 2013
    It's really a funny mmorpg. Much better than version 1.0. The history is good, the gameplay is great and challenges offer fun to the players.

It's really funny to play the dungeons and trials of this game with your friends and free companies.

It's a good option to players who are looking for non free-to-play mmo's.
  42. Aug 30, 2013
    Really good game, very polished. Everything but the combat and class system is 10/10. Best UI, QoL, Vanilla WoW feel. Combat is currently slow and the class system is very convoluted and unnecessary. Would give the game a good 8.5/10 until they make changes to combat. Giving it a 10/10 to counter the idiots giving it a 0 because they couldn't log in the first second on the first day.
  43. Jan 12, 2014
    Leaving this review because this game is just way way better than the 7.3 average score it has from the community. If you spend a little while reading the reviews here, pay attention to the date! You will find that there are a bunch of 8's 9's 10's from current reviews and then a bunch of 1's and 0's that are almost all back from August when it launched and impatient nerds freaked thatLeaving this review because this game is just way way better than the 7.3 average score it has from the community. If you spend a little while reading the reviews here, pay attention to the date! You will find that there are a bunch of 8's 9's 10's from current reviews and then a bunch of 1's and 0's that are almost all back from August when it launched and impatient nerds freaked that there were game server issues....for an mmo launch.... Since then they have added a bunch of servers, brought huge patches and generally explained that there was just way more initial demand for the game than they had ever expected. Well, I can undertstand the whiner reviews (sort of) but the end result is a metacritic number that is (even objectively speaking).. not an indication of the game's quality, but an average of the differences of opinion from those who came here to complain at the initial launch, to those who waited a bit to actually play/review.

All of that aside, this game is absolutely wonderful. It's got that delightful FF universe, Square polish, the benefit of the advancements in the genre by games that came before it, and some incredibly smart design decisions. I have a hard time describing that part but there are just little details that you will see constantly as a reminder that this is a very new high quality MMO, it's learned from its predecessors and has thought of smarter ways to do the little things throughout the entire game. I have played WoW since vanilla, Rift, SW:Tor, Anarchy Online, DCUO, Guild Wars 2, Neverwinter, others i'm forgetting etc. and this is a very, VERY worthy modern day release of the MMO. They didn't reinvent much, but they did a lot of things smarter/better and the game world is absolutely gorgeous and the soundtrack is absolutely top notch. I enjoy the cross classing and freedom the game gives you. I have a blast with the gameplay as there are so many attempts to unlimit your freedom, change back and forth between classes without logging, do all your crafting on one char, have a backpack for every single gear slot that simply pops up when you click the gear slot you are looking for so as not to clutter the UI or your main bags. Crafting is actually somewhat fun because they built a minigame with leveling and abilities around it. Teleport to the town you want to go to instantly and from anywhere with no cooldown (but a gil cost), and use waypoints within the towns for free. Never need to mail yourself an item for your alt again.....(i'll let that one sit a minute)...because YOU are the alt, just equip a new gear set and your hotbars change along with it, and your level changes to whatever you've leveled that class to. Great for helping friends, although you can always sync your level down to that of your friends so you can always play a main with a friend and not ruin their exp or difficulty level.

Lastly, it's subscription....and I am so thankful for that. I was getting so incredibly sick of all the F2P crapola that would try and squeeze as much real life money out of you as possible and at every other turn. I am more than happy to pay for quality and be free from the annoyances of getting nickle and dimed and bombarded with reasons to want to fill up the mmo cash tank. This game is saving me more per month by saving me from blowing through other games than I'm spending on it. Just take my money and deliver thanks, this game does.

TL;DR I'm a hardcore MMO vet and have enjoyed FF since the first one; I am in love with this game right now as are some of my other WoW buddies and similar longtime MMO players. Well worth your gaming dollar.
  44. Sep 11, 2013
    While I'd love to give this game a 10, I can't. The server login issues alone warrant a reduction in rating. Most of those are being resolved and the game is actually quite good. Graphics are good for a PS3 open world game. The plot lines seem good so far. I would encourage people to spend some time with the game before making a judgement on their own. The now free upgrade to the PS4While I'd love to give this game a 10, I can't. The server login issues alone warrant a reduction in rating. Most of those are being resolved and the game is actually quite good. Graphics are good for a PS3 open world game. The plot lines seem good so far. I would encourage people to spend some time with the game before making a judgement on their own. The now free upgrade to the PS4 version next year is just another plus. Expand
  45. Sep 13, 2013
    First of all; play this on PC. The goosebump factor in this game is very high. They have taken past elements of all that made the FF series awesome and put it into one game. It almost feels like FFTactics the MMO. Combat is a little slow paced, so if you're one of those twitchy game players you'll feel held back. Two of the instances near the point of the game that separatesFirst of all; play this on PC. The goosebump factor in this game is very high. They have taken past elements of all that made the FF series awesome and put it into one game. It almost feels like FFTactics the MMO. Combat is a little slow paced, so if you're one of those twitchy game players you'll feel held back. Two of the instances near the point of the game that separates levelling from end-game are fantastic. Some of the best stuff i've seen, even from single player games. The boss fights in those instances make you certainly feel like you've earned it by the time you've beaten them. After those instances, however, there doesn't feel like your character has any real reason to keep going. There are contrived reasons given to you by NPC's, but once you're done with the main story quest chain you've pretty much beaten the game. Expand
  46. Aug 31, 2013

47. Sep 2, 2013
    Amazing game! Just hit 50 and I still can't get enough of this game! the content is hard near end game and the game promises even harder content and expansions! Even with the server issues that is the only downside of the game, it's personaly speaking, a wow killer. I feel like it is what Titan would have been.
  48. Sep 7, 2013
    Probably the best MMO of all time, and I have played a lot! Graphics best in any game currently out,and adapted for ps3 version, also coming up on ps4 as well. Those who are comparing it to only ps3 version graphics are sadly mistaken. PC's make this game so beautiful. Gameplay, most people complaing about the game clearly haven't even made it to end game. People complaining aboutProbably the best MMO of all time, and I have played a lot! Graphics best in any game currently out,and adapted for ps3 version, also coming up on ps4 as well. Those who are comparing it to only ps3 version graphics are sadly mistaken. PC's make this game so beautiful. Gameplay, most people complaing about the game clearly haven't even made it to end game. People complaining about grind, lets be realistic, this is a game of earning things, and not given to you with little effort. With that said, we are only 2 weeks into the game, and I work 50+ hours a week, and have already completed a class to 50, main storyline finished, and a gathering class to 50. If people think that's a grind, then they know nothing about the world of MMO's lol.

Endgame: So much here to do, with content being flushed out every 3 months. Hard mode fights, Dungeon's, relic quest, Epic fates, Crafting, Gathering luminary weapons, Primal fights, 24 man instances, PvP, etc....

Don't be confused with the negativity of a new start, the reason everyone is congesting the servers, is because tons of people are loving to play the game, that should give you indication of how good this game is. My advice, stick through the early levels, and congestion problems, you will be glad you did!! I guarantee you that!
  49. Sep 7, 2013
    The game had some flaws when I first started out, I couldn't log in. I played the original version, I really didn't have a problem with the original version until I played ARR. It is just a vast improvement over the original in every way! The only thing this game is missing is more classes.
  50. Sep 7, 2013
    Much better since the update. This has been the most fun I have had playing a MMO in a long time. Also, the graphics are amazing for a MMO. Truly beautiful in certain areas.
  51. Sep 7, 2013
    We're skipping the first week's server difficulties as those are resolved and shouldn't factor into the long-term game review. Logging in is just fine now, so ignore any of those reviews.

Look, overall the game is amazing. It has a bug here and there, but its just launched and has promises of fantastic content which Yoshi-P has shown he's not just bragging and he can actually deliver. There's challenges, there's relaxation, there's a ton of content, the learning curve is very forgiving which is good for new players.

Big mention: Crafting. It's real, honest to God, good crafting. Not half assed SWTOR style, not a giant RNG style, but a large portion of skill and time combined with a small amount of controlled RNG to keep it fresh but also not frustrating. As a crafter, I've been enamored with the system.

The world detail is AMAZING. The localization team has done a fantastic job from translating humor, to making puns, to making the world a lively and memorable place. The NPCs move and look like they're doing everyday life things, the scenery is beautiful, the music is fantastic. If you enjoy the little things, ARR has them in spades.

Like I said, severs are up and running, they provided free time and are working on offering server transfers as well, patch 2.1 looks great, there's no shortage of things to do, so 10/10.
  52. Aug 30, 2013
    This game is a masterstroke in experience exactly the way Final Fantasy titles should be.

The game feels extremely traditional in terms of Final Fantasy the story and game lean heavily towards the Fantasy end of the Fantasy/Sci-Fi spectrum. The combat is slower than other MMOs where trying to watch your character fight is an exercise in the suspension of disbelief. Here, Monks roll through complex series of tackles, punches and spinning kicks in a believable sequence while Paladins actually appear to be blocking with their shields.

The biggest shock here is the total lack of Talent trees. I admit I made it all the way to 50 and didn't even notice until somebody mentioned it in passing in our Free Company's chat. I don't miss it at all.

The story is unbelievably interwoven into the leveling experience in a way no other MMO has ever achieved. My character was an active participant in gorgeous cutscenes, and she really seemed like a bona-fide hero. The lip service other games pay to the concept of the player as the central hero of the story pales in comparison to FFXIV, where rather than 'oh, and a band of adventurers managed to defeat the firelord,' by the end of the story it's more along the lines of 'oh, holy hell, it's that Hero who is central to the story now.'

The boss fights are appropriately amazing, with the primal fights rivaling some of the greatest moments from Ulduar and Firelands in WoW. These boss fights are gorgeous, as is the entire game no MMO on the market looks like this.

Crafting is a huge delight. It starts off nearly as simple as in other MMOs, but by the level cap the sheer number of abilities and choices will lead to desperate struggles to correctly create a +1 piece of max-level gear. These items are easily boss fights for crafters in their own rights, and the complexity of this system is entirely unrivaled in the MMO market.

This is an experience no gamer should miss. The entire creation is a love letter to Final Fantasy fans and gamers in general. It may not objectively be to some as good an MMO as GWII or WoW, but it has the secret sauce that makes people fall in love with a game.
  53. Sep 3, 2013
    This MMO is one of the most enjoyable I have played in years. It has its launch issues with too many players not enough servers, but they are being fixed. So I am being patiently cause the game itself is BRILLIANT ^^ Well worth the wait
  54. Sep 4, 2013
    Final Fantasy ARR is a completely different game from the original release. I would probably give it a slightly lower score than a ten but someone has to counteract all of the unreasonable people who gave the game a one within the first week of launch. Yeah, Square messed up the launch pretty badly but they admitted a fault and took care of it.

The game is a joy to play and while it

The game is a joy to play and while it does have many small flaws, it has the spark that many MMO's seem to be missing lately. The dev team also seems genuinely interested in providing the best experience for their fans. Sometimes it just takes time to get the kinks worked out. Great game.
  55. Sep 17, 2013
    If we compare it to the original Final Fantasy XIV, it's really big on the side of improvement and I applaud SE for reviving it the way it was supposed to be in the beginning.

Addicting game
    Beautiful environment
    Battle System is fun
  56. Nov 5, 2013
    I bought this game in 2010, played for 2 days and tossed it in the garbage. In 2013, I bought this game again and feel THIS IS WHAT THE GAME SHOULD HAVE BEEN. Putting all server issues aside, the game boasts good visuals, multi-class and crafting system and epic storyline. Have not felt this good about an MMO since vanilla WoW days.

On the other hand, the dungeon content could be

On the other hand, the dungeon content could be expanded soon as the current ones are fast wearing out.
  57. Sep 5, 2013
    Quite possibly the greatest Final Fantasy game release so far. The story, music, battle system, and visuals impress at every turn. Fans of the series should be sure to pick up this title and enjoy the world reborn. This is the final fantasy game players have been asking for. For those who are worried about a subscription fee, I'd say pick up this game anyway, and you will be able toQuite possibly the greatest Final Fantasy game release so far. The story, music, battle system, and visuals impress at every turn. Fans of the series should be sure to pick up this title and enjoy the world reborn. This is the final fantasy game players have been asking for. For those who are worried about a subscription fee, I'd say pick up this game anyway, and you will be able to complete the main story line within the free 30 days of game time. The game will only get better as time moves forward, so their is no reason to miss out on this amazing game. Expand
  58. Apr 10, 2014
    Before FF14 i played Tera, Swotor, WOW. Tera had a nice action combat system, Swotor a nice Story and WOW was just fun because of my friends. But i searched for a new game with nice story and a different feeling while playing. And FF14 has everything i searched for. It rewards you for doing simply everything.
    I love the FF universum and because of that i like the Models of the monsters
    I love the FF universum and because of that i like the Models of the monsters very much. The fighting System is a mix of dodging Skills like Wildstar and auto attack like in WoW. The Graphic is amazing, the whole game looks like it was made with Love.

For me, i am playing it Solo, it makes a lot of fun. I just wanted to play a Game until Wildstar comes out, because my friends didnt want to play another MMO and for that, it is the perfect game
  59. Aug 31, 2013
    Does this game have issues? Yes of course it does, but no game since Vanilla WoW has pulled me in like this one. It feels familiar and new at the same time. The Graphics are amazing and the animations smooth, I mean my character actually has facial expressions, and not just in cutscenes! Plus If i want to try a new class I don't have to roll an alt! Just visit the classes guild and equipDoes this game have issues? Yes of course it does, but no game since Vanilla WoW has pulled me in like this one. It feels familiar and new at the same time. The Graphics are amazing and the animations smooth, I mean my character actually has facial expressions, and not just in cutscenes! Plus If i want to try a new class I don't have to roll an alt! Just visit the classes guild and equip the right weapon and BOOM I am now whatever class i want to be. This is pretty awesome to me.
    This game is compared a lot to GW2, but I just found GW2 so bland and boring, but I love this game.

I know people are upset about the login issues but this will get sorted out, I am not actually a fan of how SE Is handling either but like they say, patience is a virtue which the current MMO generation seems to lack.

Also im not a fanboy, This is my first FF game ever sooo yeah...I just enjoy this game and look forward to it being my new MMO home for awhile.
  60. Sep 8, 2013
    Though the servers had some hiccups for the first few days, this game is well worth the wait. Yoshi-P and team have taken something that I didn't even recognize as a FF game and turned into something brilliant. I have not been this excited about a game in quite some time.

So many classes, so many things to do. The multi-class system is the best thing to happen to MMOs and I hope to see more using it. Crafting is fun and interesting (as well as useful), the dungeons are challenging (and not just for the tank and healer), and the quests and story are 100% FINAL FANTASY.

Will definitely be playing this one for the foreseeable future!
  61. Sep 8, 2013
    SquareEnix has really redeemed themselves with Reborn. A fantastic breathtaking adventure from start to finish which of course is pretty much endless. From the great in depth create a character system to the job systems to the music graphics and virtually endless amounts and types of quests you will never have something not to keep you busy. Nothing really groundbreaking but then again ifSquareEnix has really redeemed themselves with Reborn. A fantastic breathtaking adventure from start to finish which of course is pretty much endless. From the great in depth create a character system to the job systems to the music graphics and virtually endless amounts and types of quests you will never have something not to keep you busy. Nothing really groundbreaking but then again if it ain't broke don't fix it applies here in regards to a great MMO experience. Good old fashioned addictive fun. Expand
  62. Sep 9, 2013
    Fantastically designed story, writing, and quest systems. Never before have I been so engrossed in an MMORPG's story. Usually MMOs stories just aren't capable of being very gripping. That's not the case with Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. This is the first MMO where I have felt a sense of attachment to NPCs, much like when reading a book and developing a sense of attachment for theFantastically designed story, writing, and quest systems. Never before have I been so engrossed in an MMORPG's story. Usually MMOs stories just aren't capable of being very gripping. That's not the case with Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. This is the first MMO where I have felt a sense of attachment to NPCs, much like when reading a book and developing a sense of attachment for the characters. The gameplay is fun and well paced. The graphics are good, although I must say I wish the game supported Direct X 11 and ran in 64 bit mode so that it would run even smoother on some machines. But those are things that can (and likely will) be included at a later date. I have the utmost respect for Yoshida and all that he has done to refresh this game and make it worthy of holding the Final Fantasy title. Expand
  63. Sep 10, 2013
    Square-Enix did it. YoshiP did it. They turned a failure of a game into an absolute success. This game is absolutely beautiful to hear, see and even feel. With an intriguing story, great MMO mechanics and the Final Fantasy label behind it, A Realm Reborn is truly the surprise of the year. Yes, it had its launch problems (which are most of the negative reviews here) but believe me, they areSquare-Enix did it. YoshiP did it. They turned a failure of a game into an absolute success. This game is absolutely beautiful to hear, see and even feel. With an intriguing story, great MMO mechanics and the Final Fantasy label behind it, A Realm Reborn is truly the surprise of the year. Yes, it had its launch problems (which are most of the negative reviews here) but believe me, they are a thing of the past now.

If not GOTY, at least it is most definitely the surprise of the year.

Go try it out right now!
  64. Sep 10, 2013
    Absolutely love this game and having a blast! A huge improvement over 1.0 Thankfully the FFXIV dev team had a great producer leading the way. So a big congrats to Yoshi-P on the amazing re-launch.
  65. Sep 10, 2013
    Best MMO I've ever played, most end game content from release I've ever seen, I can't wait to see what the future for this game holds! I highly recommend it.
  66. Sep 10, 2013
    great mix of all MMO advantage.Despite the early access problems I've had the most fun here since WoW 1.0-1.5. There's just so much to do and probably the first time ever I don't feel like I have to level my main class or job to 50 to play the game to it's fullest. I've spent countless of hours crafting and fishing because it's just so entertaining by itself
  67. Aug 28, 2013
    Don't listen to all the low scores.. MMO's in early lifetime have this kind of login problems, who cares? Don't rate games on that. Please grow up! The 1017 and whatever other errors are annoying. but who cares!

So that is that, the game plays great. It looks great, fun classes and a good fighting system. And a lot of things to do in the world. It is still a Final Fantasy game so it's really story based. But than with an open world and thousands of others! This game has everything to be a great game in the future not only today. I can't wait to play 100's of hours more I think its much more fun than wow (for new players...) And it's better than GW2 what is very boring end game.

So please guys stop giving stupid ratings because you are annoyed with some errors.... Go get a life or don't play games in their releases. The best thing the only errors are server errors. I never encountered a quest error, item error or world/ design errors!
  68. Sep 3, 2013
    As an original player of FFXIV 1.0, I have to admit, I went into ARR with low expectations. I expected to see a rushed product only hoping to recoup the massive losses that 1.0 incurred. That said, I was blown away by the sheer overhaul of the game. The environments, sound, gameplay all did a massive 180-degree turn.

Everything has made a drastic improvement from the original, with

Everything has made a drastic improvement from the original, with better combat, a better HUD, and more accessibility for those who are new to the game. That being said, launch has been plauged significantly with constant server congestion and lockouts, which is annoying, seeing as how the game is beautiful once you beat the dreaded 1017. Much of the problem lies in SE not being prepared for the positive reaction to the game, which is a catch twenty-two indeed.

As of today, Sept. 3rd, there is a scheduled maintenence that will hopefully restore functionality to the servers and clear up the massive congestion.

tl;dr: The game is EXCELLENT once you get passed the dreaded 1017 log-in issues.
  69. Sep 6, 2013
    This is the first game to satisfy my MMO craving since WOW. I tried GW2 for a few months but it lacked the depth and social interaction i desired. FFXIV is easily accessible to MMO newcomers and offers enough content for veterans. The community is extremely helpful and it is nice to be able to play with both PC and PS3 players. My Free Company is composed of both PC and PS3 players and weThis is the first game to satisfy my MMO craving since WOW. I tried GW2 for a few months but it lacked the depth and social interaction i desired. FFXIV is easily accessible to MMO newcomers and offers enough content for veterans. The community is extremely helpful and it is nice to be able to play with both PC and PS3 players. My Free Company is composed of both PC and PS3 players and we are one big happy family. The server problems are fixed after their first big patch so all of the haters can stop picking and just enjoy the best final fantasy experience in years. Expand
  70. Sep 7, 2013
    Awesome game, Beautiful scenery, nice storyline, hard dungeons, challenging game overall! Ive just got my first character to 50 and there's still tons of content to explore and constant new content coming in.
  71. Sep 11, 2013
    This game is a true success story, a total comeback kid. So far I love everything about this game. The gameplay, while not necessarily revolutionary, is done well, and to be honest I think that's what MMO gamers want. Something that's just done *well.*
  72. Sep 7, 2013
    Excellent game with amazing graphics and a really well done musical score, as expected from any FF game.

While the launch (and pre-launch) were plagued by disconnects and other server issues, they have done an excellent job over the last week or so in clearing those up, and are expected to continue to improve the server performance and stability in the coming weeks. Game play is

Game play is fluid and feels very good, animations are very well done and really match the skill or spell they are assigned to, while giving your actions a sense of weight that many games lack.
  73. Sep 6, 2013
    FF14:ARR is a standard theme park MMO. If you don't like games like WoW, RIFT, Warhammer Online or Lord of the Rings Online, this game isn't probably for you either.

If you like those games, FF14:ARR is for you! The core mechanics are great. Everything works polished. The story is awsome, the FATE-Events are fun. The graphic is absolutely awsome! Many MMO-Devs say that it's not

The graphic is absolutely awsome! Many MMO-Devs say that it's not possible to create a MMO with awsome graphics and runs on middle class computers. FF14 takes those comments and spits on them. This game looks nothing else than awsome!

Really, really good game!
  74. Aug 28, 2013
    So far the game is excellent. The vast majority of the issues in 1.0 have been resolved.
    Initial class leveling is pretty quick and keeps the story moving.
    The Gear Set option is clutch a simple but massive improvement on inventory management and switching between classes.
    Love that they have established a new paradigm for grinding.
  75. Aug 28, 2013
    This game does not deserve a 10. However, it does not deserve a 0 either. The server problems are annoying but the game itself is amazing and a million times better than 1.0.

Square-Enix has done a great job with this game. There is a lot to do for a new MMO and the graphics are fantastic. The combat stays interesting since not all monsters can be facerolled, especially in class and main quests.
  76. Aug 28, 2013
    Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn is the best MMORPG I have ever played. It IS NOT the same game that came out years ago, and many people are judging it based on the past when I believe Square Enix has found the meaning to the word redemption. The graphics, music, gameplay, and game as a whole is amazing. It is a must buy especially with it being sold at under $45.
  77. Aug 28, 2013
    A veritable phoenix risen from the ashes of a terrible initial game. This game is excellent, and once the login issues are resolved, hopefully everyone can begin to enjoy it
  78. Aug 28, 2013
    While the launch has been frustrating, I'm enjoying this game a ton and will probably stick around for a while to see where SE goes with it.

The launch of an MMO can be rough for any company, so I won't let some server issues ruin the great game play Yoshi P worked on.
  79. Aug 28, 2013
    Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is so much better than its previous incarnation that it's hard to fully describe. While there's nothing overly innovative about it, this game takes all of the great ideas from various successful MMORPGs and incorporates them into one package. The fantastic story telling and presentation of Final Fantasy XI, the usability of World of Warcraft, and aFinal Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is so much better than its previous incarnation that it's hard to fully describe. While there's nothing overly innovative about it, this game takes all of the great ideas from various successful MMORPGs and incorporates them into one package. The fantastic story telling and presentation of Final Fantasy XI, the usability of World of Warcraft, and a number of great systems inspired by others. With a great deal of nostalgia and Final Fantasy goodness thrown on top, this game will keep any Final Fantasy fan busy for years to come.

(While there are some hiccups during this initial launch phase, including errors that are being mentioned, this is to be expected of any big product launch. With new servers coming within a week's time, these annoyances are only temporary and do little to hinder a legitimate review score.)
  80. Aug 28, 2013
    Short Version: If you're a fan of vanilla WoW, but still prefer the updated accommodations standard with most MMOs, you'll find a lot to love with XIV:ARR. If you prefer the action-combat of GW2, TERA, etc., this game may not be to you. Beautiful graphics, intuitive interface. This is a game that appeals to mmo fans that have grown tired of the old titles, but are still looking for thatShort Version: If you're a fan of vanilla WoW, but still prefer the updated accommodations standard with most MMOs, you'll find a lot to love with XIV:ARR. If you prefer the action-combat of GW2, TERA, etc., this game may not be to you. Beautiful graphics, intuitive interface. This is a game that appeals to mmo fans that have grown tired of the old titles, but are still looking for that same experience with updated features. XIV:ARR doesn't reinvent the wheel, and while it's a slow starter for the first 20-30 levels, the pay off is definitely worth it. After floundering between various mmos for the last 3-4 years, I feel like this is the game I've been waiting for.

Funny enough, with all of the so-called "WoW clones" on the market, very few games ever truly felt like the original World of Warcraft experience. This one does, at least for me.
  81. Sep 2, 2013
    Despite a crowded launch, the game has made absolutely massive improvements. To see a game transformed as this one has, has never been done. The developers directly ask users regularly what they wish to see in the game, and content is massive compared to before, with many additions on the horizon. Gameplay is solid, and hardware usage was updated. The community is fairly strong withDespite a crowded launch, the game has made absolutely massive improvements. To see a game transformed as this one has, has never been done. The developers directly ask users regularly what they wish to see in the game, and content is massive compared to before, with many additions on the horizon. Gameplay is solid, and hardware usage was updated. The community is fairly strong with committed players, a good investment for a gamer who has time on his hands. Expand
  82. Sep 5, 2013
    Truly a masterpiece. If you did not play beyond level 10 or 15, you know nothing about this game and it would be unfair for you to write any type of review. Everything about this game is amazing, you can really see the time and effort put into it. I love A Realm Reborn. It is amazing.
  83. Aug 28, 2013
    If you can look past the growing pains that all MMO's suffer when they first launch you will find a fun romp through a beautifully crafted world. FFXIV: ARR is a vast improvement over the previous launch version of FFXIV in pretty much every way conceivable.I can easily recommend this game to fans of Final Fantasy and MMO's though I do caution people interested to give the game a week orIf you can look past the growing pains that all MMO's suffer when they first launch you will find a fun romp through a beautifully crafted world. FFXIV: ARR is a vast improvement over the previous launch version of FFXIV in pretty much every way conceivable.I can easily recommend this game to fans of Final Fantasy and MMO's though I do caution people interested to give the game a week or so to sort out all of its issues. Expand
  84. Aug 31, 2013
    Those who are complaining about server issues and not being able to log in due to server capacity did get the short end of the stick, but does that make it a bad game? I don't think so. On the other hand, I think the fact the servers are always full is a sign its a great game and that everyone wants to play! FFXIV:ARR is a dream and fantasia for many MMO veterans both hardcore and casual.Those who are complaining about server issues and not being able to log in due to server capacity did get the short end of the stick, but does that make it a bad game? I don't think so. On the other hand, I think the fact the servers are always full is a sign its a great game and that everyone wants to play! FFXIV:ARR is a dream and fantasia for many MMO veterans both hardcore and casual. The polish that Square Enix & Yoshida's dev team has given to the game has given the genre new life.

The JRPG genre has been a dying one in the west, lacking the freedom of western open world RPGs. However, Square Enix has blurred the line between JRPG and MMO when they enfused the Final Fantasy franchise with the MMO genre a second time a la FFXIV:ARR.

I am very excited to say that ARR caters to the single person role player inside everyone of us. Especially the console players. The way the game leads the player from one quest to another while slowly unfolding the lore of the world around them allow the player to really settle into the world at a comfortable pace while eventually still learning to conquer more difficult content. This pacing can feel like the typical MMO quest hub fare as well as also feeling like one large tutorial for the game's endgame. That being said, everything in the game is presented with excellence.

The narrative of the main storyline, though at times can contain "filler" quests, unfold a very epic tale that flavors towards the typical Final Fantasy story: a rebellion against an empire. Those who have wanted to see any of the 2D Final Fantasies re-invented in some way and able to see how SE has re-envisioned their staple trademarks in HD 3D; then I can only recommend this game, and greatly so!!

For $30-40 you are able to experience one of the most polished role playing experiences that will ever come on console and PC, supported by a company dedicated to satisfying their customers. Even for a short stay, Eorzea has a lot to offer for just that bar of entry. Other games retail at $60 remeber. But let's continue? I digress.

The audio in the game in outstanding! The voice overs are nothing to talk about, but are an added bonus that fleshes out the world out a little bit more; still the text can sometimes feel dry and dull. But the music, and sound effects, and the little ambient noises that you start to take note of. Little details like when in a crowded room of both players or NPCs, chatter starts to rise and soon enough you'll notice the room is loud with small talk. Details like the click-clacking of the armor that your Chocobo's wearing. And then the awesome battle music that accompanies you when combat begins and the overworld scores that carry you around the world as they transition between battle and back as you progress through the dynamic and stunning 3D world of Eorzea! There's so many beautiful scores and battle themes, they are incredibly memorable especially for any MMO. And they still have the classic FF fan fares and Chocobo themes.

The combat is somewhat of a controversy. I definitely like the new pace coming from 1.0. The system is a little different from classic XIV, but its a welcomed improvement and has definitely streamlined battled flow of the game. Many MMO veterans have regarded ARRs new system as the traditional "tab target" system; but what some fail to mention is that the system is polished to the brim and as crisped as autumn leaves that it still remains to be very active & immersive. And by polished and crisped, I mean the outstanding animations.

This game excels at giving every aspect an MMO should have and giving it a high bar of polish. The animations transitions from one action to another, going from one animation to another so naturally. Combat is slow but a classic Final Fantasy player will appreciate the homage of FFXIV:ARR "tab targeting/GDC" based gameplay to their traditional "Active Time Battle" systems of ole'.

Did I mention the lore is great? Any fan of the series will appreciate the homages it gives to franchise staples ranging from reoccuring characters, motifs, and themes. They will feel right at home in this MMO space without ever feeling like being dropped right into a world. Numbered Final Fantasy games have always been able to tell a good story usually also introducing a completely new world. ARR does no different, and that it being an MMO does not greatly intrude to the single player experience it offers. If even, it greatly benefits that it is an online game.

How many people wanted Skyrim Online? Oh thats right, they're making an MMO now. Final Fantasy tested this formula in FFXII and have spent almost 6+ years creating the fantasy world they aspired to create. With the original shortcomings of the original XIV, ARR triumphs proudly as a numbered FF in the series. It brings the traditional FF experience to the HD 3D realm. But it also brings to the franchise an outstanding MMO experience. Long live Eorzea!
  85. Sep 2, 2013
    Excellent game, Excellent story, it had a lot of problems at the launch but the game itself is almost perfect.

If you want to play something new and fresh, if you are tired of MMORPG-like WOW, I invite you to play FFXIV.
  86. Sep 4, 2013
    They game is really fun to play at this moment, despite of server issues which will be adressed. And that's what it's all about really. They challenge for the developers will be to keep players interested and that can't be reviewed yet naturally. But plain and simple, it's really fun to play.
  87. Sep 11, 2013
    Fun, addicting with an Epic story line. Ps3 play, other than targeting (which can sometimes be difficult) works really well. Not sure otherwise how this game could be any better, a true 180 from its former FFXIV 1.0!
  88. Sep 18, 2013
    This came out of nowhere for me and ordinarily I wouldn't play a Final Fantasy game. I am SHOCKED at how good this game is. I've been scratching for years to find a replacement MMO for WoW. I've tried all the recent challengers (Tera, GW2, Rift, Secret World) and all have their strengths. The all offer something and are enjoyable to play. What FF provides, isn't the next step in MMOThis came out of nowhere for me and ordinarily I wouldn't play a Final Fantasy game. I am SHOCKED at how good this game is. I've been scratching for years to find a replacement MMO for WoW. I've tried all the recent challengers (Tera, GW2, Rift, Secret World) and all have their strengths. The all offer something and are enjoyable to play. What FF provides, isn't the next step in MMO evolution, but a finely tuned and polished game that has been clearly been thought out. I know that log in issues are the biggest problem (since launch) and sadly, this happens with almost all new games. I read that even Square Enix weren't prepared for the player influx. I guess, like me they read the reviews and jumped on board. If you're an MMO fan, you will love FF Realm Reborn. Graphically, it's a work of art. The animations, colours, environments, armour, clothing, just about everything is the peak of any MMO i've played. The first 15 levels were a little slow if you're a veteran of these type of games. If there is one BIG weakness it's the lack of voice over cutscenes. Maybe this will be added at a later date. It's a shame because some parts are voice acted then moments of silence while you read the text. The combat is tab targeted but fast paced and action packed. I await the likes of Wildstar and Elder Scrolls Online to see if they can pull me away. From my experience so far, this will be no easy task. Expand
  89. Sep 16, 2013
    Let me start off by saying that I have played most MMO's since EverQuest. Even I avoided this game like the plague when 1.0 came out, as it was just not even close to WoW. All the poor reviews kept me away.

I have a level 50 Scholar, and I love it. Leveling starts off VERY fun, then does tank as you are pretty much forced to grind FATE quests. FATES are public quests. Dungeons are semi challenging, and need to have more rewards for completion. The Trials are a BLAST, and the story is quite good,

I would definitely recommend this game, if you have 3-10 friends to play it with. A lot of these dungeons are so hard that PUG'ing is very hard. Right when you hit 50, it's harder than raiding in WoW.
  90. Aug 28, 2013
    FFXIV:ARR reminds me a lot of what initially brought me to WoW. The world is new and there is plenty to do. You can quest, grind, do guildhests (small challenge maps), leves ("dailies" that open up early in the game), FATEs (open world events, bosses) and instances (replete with group finder). It keeps the FF feel, while handling like a contemporary MMO. You also get mounts that are alsoFFXIV:ARR reminds me a lot of what initially brought me to WoW. The world is new and there is plenty to do. You can quest, grind, do guildhests (small challenge maps), leves ("dailies" that open up early in the game), FATEs (open world events, bosses) and instances (replete with group finder). It keeps the FF feel, while handling like a contemporary MMO. You also get mounts that are also fighting companions.

It does not have the tactical depth that FFXI had, but neither is it so crushingly difficult and unforgiving (FFXI had very few quest instructions, xp on death, quest to break level caps, Maat fights). I am happy to say that on the way to end-game, there is more to do in FFXIV than any other MMO I've played.

You can use your one character to level every class-job in the game and change class-jobs instantly by saving your gear sets (up to 12 or so) and storing them in your armory (a separate inventory for each equipment slot). As you use up quests, xp is scale for FATEs based on your highest level so that the xp grind becomes less pronounced.

Instances and FATEs are also level synced. This means that when you arrive, you are capped at a certain level. However, you will still gain xp, etc. This allows you to play with lower level friends, etc. if they need assistance or you want to rerun an old instance.

Now, glowing positives aside, lets be realistic. FFXIV:ARR borrows A LOT from other MMO's. You can see WoW in it (interface, character handling), Rift (open world events) and SWTOR (how it handles quests). If you are burned out on traditional MMO's, then you may feel the same here.

The game is also facing some overpopulation issues and is suffering from that. Despite what you read here, Square has announced that there will a server hardware expansion but it won't be ready until the beginning of next week (around September 2nd). There is a queue system, but that too is overloaded (most people never see it). The problem is compounded by a lack of afk kick system, so those that get in will park their characters if they leave for awhile so they don't have to sit at the login screen. Can't blame them... but it prevents people from actually playing during that time.

In the end, this game will live or die based on its end-game content and how fast Square corrects the server population issues. Some end-game is lacking but they have already previewed the first end-game raid (24 or 25 man, I'm a little off on the exact figure) so it is on the way. Anyone who has played WoW however knows that people will only stay if that content keeps coming.

I implore those that read this to try to form their own opinions of the game. There are plenty of videos on Youtube, etc. where you can see gameplay in advance. Make your own determination. There can be a strong bias in these reviews either by fanboys or those loyal to another MMO.

Only time will tell how successful FFXIV:ARR will be.
  91. Sep 6, 2013
    Fantastic game. Utterly amazing what they have done in the last couple years. It went from crap to diamonds. The worlds are huge, the systems are amazing, and there is so much to do. Sure, it has a lot of fetchy stuff but they have worked their ass off to make this a great game living up to the legacy of FF. I'd honestly take these idiotic negative reviews with a grain of coarse salt. ThisFantastic game. Utterly amazing what they have done in the last couple years. It went from crap to diamonds. The worlds are huge, the systems are amazing, and there is so much to do. Sure, it has a lot of fetchy stuff but they have worked their ass off to make this a great game living up to the legacy of FF. I'd honestly take these idiotic negative reviews with a grain of coarse salt. This is easily one of the best looking RPGs I have ever played with full settings and SGSSAA on PC at 1080p 60FPS. Do yourself a favor and try it out. Expand
  92. Sep 2, 2013
    What Square Enix has done with 2.0 is nothing short of breath taking. In 2-3 years they created a completely different game, ARR has no resemblance of the fiasco 1.0 was.

You have two new jobs to play with and one new class. The new class ACN can split into SMN and SCH which is a new healer in FFXIV ARR beside the WHM. ACN has two different pets a tank and a dps one which are very useful while leveling. But later on to stay a dps you should change to SMN and as pets you than have Ifrit,Titan and Garuda.

Leveling is going quite fast with loads of Story Missions which range from one to 50 and reward you with a FFVI Magiteck mount.
    Fates which are events out in the world to complete which give xp/gil and sometimes items.

There is so much to do in this game that you wont get bored for month. And SE already said that XIV will get major updates every 3 month.
  93. Sep 9, 2013
    Wow, quite a change from the first FFXIV. The new interface is great, the map works perfectly, and the skills are much more accessible than before. Overall, they fixed the issues that prevented me from enjoying the first game. I played about 14 hours and each aspect of the game (so far) seems perfected, which is much more than I can say for most MMO's. You can tell they really put in theWow, quite a change from the first FFXIV. The new interface is great, the map works perfectly, and the skills are much more accessible than before. Overall, they fixed the issues that prevented me from enjoying the first game. I played about 14 hours and each aspect of the game (so far) seems perfected, which is much more than I can say for most MMO's. You can tell they really put in the effort and I believe they will be successful without having to go the F2P route. They may be sticking with the traditional MMO formula, but I don't mind since it's a formula I enjoy. Expand
  94. Aug 30, 2013
    This game is absolutly great. It is polished, solid classic gameplay and tons of atmosphere. One of the best MMOs around, if you like this sort of "classic" game mechanics like WoW. It has very, very few bugs.
  95. Sep 2, 2013
    This game is well optimized and when I say well I mean -very-. The standard settings of this game runs on my crappy laptop without issue and remains with the beauty you expect from a final fantasy game. Square outdid themselves and I recommend anyone in starting this game. There may be a few negative reviews here, some are in right however, some of these reviews were illogical by giving aThis game is well optimized and when I say well I mean -very-. The standard settings of this game runs on my crappy laptop without issue and remains with the beauty you expect from a final fantasy game. Square outdid themselves and I recommend anyone in starting this game. There may be a few negative reviews here, some are in right however, some of these reviews were illogical by giving a game entirely a 0 score simply because of login issues on release date. I wish people would make decisions more rationally rather than out of pure rage. Expand
  96. Sep 7, 2013
    Like many others, I came to FFXIV 1.0 after enjoying the old-school FFXI game that preceded it. I wasn't expecting it to be as "hard-core", since the trend has been making games more solo-friendly and "easy", but I *was* expecting something along the same lines.

What we got in 1.0 was something between an alpha and beta test of a new combat system, a different class/job system, and a graphics engine that felt both too advanced and too limited, at the same time. I can only assume the previous development team was working on both the PC and PS3 versions at the same time, and failures on one held up the other, in both directions.

After Yoshi took over, he made a concentrated effort to fix and salvage what was good from the PC version of the game, and shifted focus to developing a brand new engine from scratch, which would eventually become A Realm Reborn. It was the best decision he could have made.

The re-launch of FFXIV is a success, and the first time in history an MMO has ever found success with a second chance. The game is just fun to play, and amazing to look at. On top of that, it's very smooth and responsive, even on middle-of-the-road hardware.

The only issues have been the crazy popularity that was MUCH higher than they expected, causing a lot of server issues on the North American cluster during launch week, and some minor irritations with the UI that almost every game has until they have time to refine things a bit more.

Unlike some other MMO's (which I won't name), FFXIV feels like the devs really love the product, and the franchise in general. There are all kinds of little polish details you don't really expect from an MMO, and especially one still in launch phase. There are lots of them, but the most recent one I noticed was that when riding a mount, you get unique background music that fits the mount you've chosen to ride... and that the volume of the music ramps up while you're racing along, and falls back into the background as you stop. Wonderful immersion detail that is purely there for flavor.

I totally recommend it to my friends. And if you got burned on 1.0, you now own the new version, and have a few days to check it out without paying... now that most of the launch issues are either fixed or have a fix in sight, it might be worth the time to download it and see.
  97. Sep 9, 2013
    i played xi for 6 years then i took a break tried out few MMOs, then started 1.0 3 months before it was taken down and i was disappointed but i kept believing they must change it to something better.

tried beta phase 4 and i was honestly shocked with the improvements, the game felt new compared to 1.0. it is amazing now, everyone i know is so addicted. when players got angry because of capacity and log in issues it was because the game was so good everyone wanted to play.

the game feels like a FF game, it has that feeling that you can't find in other games. I even started reading all the dialogues (i never done that in any game before).

I can see myself playing this one for years!
  98. Sep 10, 2013
    I've slowly been losing hope for the MMORPG genre, but this game completely ignites the spark. It proves that MMORPG games with the classic recipe can still be great when implemented correctly, and that P2P is still a way to go, and makes for a much greater community. I haven't been this attached to a game in while. Do recommend trying it out of you haven't. Great party mechanics, greatI've slowly been losing hope for the MMORPG genre, but this game completely ignites the spark. It proves that MMORPG games with the classic recipe can still be great when implemented correctly, and that P2P is still a way to go, and makes for a much greater community. I haven't been this attached to a game in while. Do recommend trying it out of you haven't. Great party mechanics, great solo mechanics, great storyline, great endgame already, with a promising lead developer that won't let down. Expand
  99. Sep 10, 2013
    I have played every new hyped Mmo including the original 1.0 and this game gives you the feeling right off the bat that it's a winner. It's very intelligent unlike a lot if the other Wow clones out there with some very intuitive systems. I have yet to try endgame which for me is where the game will define itself but I have a feeling this game will surprise a lot if people. Give it a try;)
  100. Sep 10, 2013
    Ive been playing from 1.0 and trudged through it. went through all the betas. Had the 1017 fiasco.. and after it all... I must say, this is the best comeback of any game ever. Im not fanboy-ing this at all. If you love a fantasy world with a story that has you on the edge of your seat and great endgame to boot, this is the game for you!

1. Hyper Magazine
    Dec 28, 2013
    Full of enough adventure, daring-do and chocobos to make any MMO fan happy. [Jan 2014, p.72]
  2. Nov 13, 2013
    A Realm Reborn is such a substantial change from the original game that it merits a second look if you hated the first release. So much has changed for the better, and it has resulted in one of the most polished MMORPGs out there today.
  3. Nov 6, 2013
    The completionist in me is nearly overwhelmed with the sheer amount of things to do in A Realm Reborn. Square Enix really do deserve praise for not only fixing the issues of the original game, but far exceeding their goal.