8.6

1. PhilP.
    Jan 11, 2007
    Great game! Had lots of fun with it and like it much better than the NFS series! Get it!
  2. FizzZizz
    Jun 21, 2007
    Best car racing, car smashing game I've ever played. I am addicted to this game -- it looks fantastic, the tracks are amazingly well designed. Furious gameplay keeps me coming back for more. Only thing is that online play often crashes when trying to connect to a race or derby. I hope they make Flatout3 and fix the online issues for one of the best racing games ever. When it does Best car racing, car smashing game I've ever played. I am addicted to this game -- it looks fantastic, the tracks are amazingly well designed. Furious gameplay keeps me coming back for more. Only thing is that online play often crashes when trying to connect to a race or derby. I hope they make Flatout3 and fix the online issues for one of the best racing games ever. When it does work, online play is a blast. The car models are superb. The car wrecks and smashing is very satisfying on my wide LCD screen. Collapse
  3. IR0nW.
    Jan 4, 2008
    One of the best racing games for pc. The physics and graphics alone will make your jaw drop. I've been racing mulitplayer in this game since late 2006 and still i can't get away from it. I play at large resolution 1920x1200 and the graphics are very rewarding to the eyes. The online community is very international and has its share of racing legends, from the flatout One of the best racing games for pc. The physics and graphics alone will make your jaw drop. I've been racing mulitplayer in this game since late 2006 and still i can't get away from it. I play at large resolution 1920x1200 and the graphics are very rewarding to the eyes. The online community is very international and has its share of racing legends, from the flatout perspective. All in all, if you like racing, highspeed wrecks, and gorgeous graphics then don't let this game pass you by. Expand
  4. Dec 25, 2011
    I just picked this game up a couple weeks ago and it's all I really play now. Me and my brother (who are both in their late 20's) love quick and fun multiplayer action games. Multiplayer is where it's at. I think game play in all modes (race, stunt, derby) is a blast. Physics are awesome, controls are simple (I use mouse/keyboard), and there is a pretty good variety of cars (which II just picked this game up a couple weeks ago and it's all I really play now. Me and my brother (who are both in their late 20's) love quick and fun multiplayer action games. Multiplayer is where it's at. I think game play in all modes (race, stunt, derby) is a blast. Physics are awesome, controls are simple (I use mouse/keyboard), and there is a pretty good variety of cars (which I think can be increased via downloads on the web).

I don't play single player, so no comment on that.
  5. ChristopherS.
    Feb 10, 2007
    A magnificent game and quite possibly the best arcade racer ever made. If your a fan of intense fender to fender action then you owe it to yourself to pick up this game. Computer AI is believably aggressive and at times very difficult to beat. The city and rural landscapes are stunningly beautiful and almost totally destructible. By the end of a race the track will be thoroughly trashed A magnificent game and quite possibly the best arcade racer ever made. If your a fan of intense fender to fender action then you owe it to yourself to pick up this game. Computer AI is believably aggressive and at times very difficult to beat. The city and rural landscapes are stunningly beautiful and almost totally destructible. By the end of a race the track will be thoroughly trashed and your car will be a twisted shadow of its former self. Unlike the NFS games (Underground and Most Wanted) this racer runs smooth as silk on my Athlon64 4000+ with Ati x850xt pcix and 2 gigs of ram. Awesome and highly recommended! Expand
  6. EseM.
    Aug 9, 2006
    The cars feel like you are actually driving something(prolly because the excellent physics engine). Driving takes some skill (a good thing) and a beginner might feel frustrated at the high speed races. One doesn't always know where the game will end up, when you throw a set of dynamic objects (including the cars) in to a physics engine. That's a plus.. well most of the time. Pc-version
  7. AdamL.
    Sep 1, 2006
    Amazing! I love this game. So much better then the first one. The graphics are so much better, and far more realistic. The AI has been vastly improved. Overall, I think this game was amazing. I never even liked racing games until I found out about flatout, then I kind of got bored it if and it's dull gameplay. Then I got flatout 2, and its rocking my world. All I can say is: wow! Amazing! I love this game. So much better then the first one. The graphics are so much better, and far more realistic. The AI has been vastly improved. Overall, I think this game was amazing. I never even liked racing games until I found out about flatout, then I kind of got bored it if and it's dull gameplay. Then I got flatout 2, and its rocking my world. All I can say is: wow! there are no other words to discribe it. Expand
  8. SteveL.
    Jan 5, 2007
    Enjoying every minute of this game. The challenge of each level increases just enough where you want to play "just one more" before calling it a night. It's gotten to the point where I'm going back and cleaning up the 2nd place finishes to get them to first. What's interesting is that it's actually fun doing it. In most games something like that would be tedious. The Enjoying every minute of this game. The challenge of each level increases just enough where you want to play "just one more" before calling it a night. It's gotten to the point where I'm going back and cleaning up the 2nd place finishes to get them to first. What's interesting is that it's actually fun doing it. In most games something like that would be tedious. The events were tough (for me) at first but once you get the hang of them they're all doable. Graphics look fine to my eye; purists may find fault but there certainly aren't any distractions like excessive jaggies or anything like that. Runs smooth as silk on my 4400X2, AGP 850Pro, 2GB mem. Overall a great game and priced very fairly imho (bought via Steam). Expand
  9. MarcoT.
    Feb 14, 2007
    Addictive, easy to play and runs smoothly even on slower machines!
  10. FrankB.
    Feb 4, 2007
    Good graphic and simulation of crashes, need just more texture on the car.
  11. Michael
    Mar 30, 2007
    This is fun! Smashing other cars without getting hurt yourself. Reminds me of classics, like Crash Car Derby and other car crashing race games.
  12. MojoJ.
    Dec 25, 2006
    I think many people comments without play this game more that few minutes... this game is far better NFS Carbon... better graphic, better physic... better gameplay. I play much time that game and more another racing games and i know very well what i say. I believe the most low ratting game is give of supporters of NFS series...people with fixed ideas. This is a game for 2? This is a joke. I think many people comments without play this game more that few minutes... this game is far better NFS Carbon... better graphic, better physic... better gameplay. I play much time that game and more another racing games and i know very well what i say. I believe the most low ratting game is give of supporters of NFS series...people with fixed ideas. This is a game for 2? This is a joke. Maybe is not perfect but is a very good game. Expand
  13. BadL.
    Dec 26, 2006
    Best racinggame since NFSU I !!! And better than all NFS games together! Very god handling! Very good graphics! Intelligent programming! Only bugs by playing online.....
  14. William
    Dec 27, 2006
    I never really played racing games before but I bought the game anyway and I was suprised how fun it was. Anyone can enjoy the fun of smashing cars together and causing 5 car pile ups. The graphics are great, and the sound is too. Haven't found any gliches in the one player mode, but the game does crash sometimes during multiplayer on the internet. You get to upgrade your cars and I never really played racing games before but I bought the game anyway and I was suprised how fun it was. Anyone can enjoy the fun of smashing cars together and causing 5 car pile ups. The graphics are great, and the sound is too. Haven't found any gliches in the one player mode, but the game does crash sometimes during multiplayer on the internet. You get to upgrade your cars and buy the ones you want. The game isn't overly difficult, but there are tons of maps to race and it will keep you occupied for hours. The stunts are also really fun to play against other peope on the internet. Overall, this is a great game. Expand
  15. ChrisB.
    Sep 10, 2006
    This game is great for what you paid for it. The cars have great handling IF you know how to powerslide like the game tells you to. Awesome cars great crashes and even better multiplayer.
  16. BrianS.
    Jan 29, 2007
    There's nothing quite like an all out demolition derby that lasts for 3 or 4 laps.
  17. BurnleyW.
    Mar 17, 2007
    This game is highly addictive, and loads of fun. I don't normally like racing or derby games much, but this one is great! Highly recommended!
  18. BoP.
    Mar 25, 2007
    Amazing Fun I have been addicted since I bought it the online element will only enhance the fun even more, trying to get all my friends to buy it off steam great work. If there's a flatout 3 I will gladly upgrade my gaming laptop to support it.
  19. Darkh4wkyeahh
    Dec 21, 2006
    It's the best ever destruction game very perfect!! great soundtracks.
  20. FreddeT.
    Dec 30, 2006
    Great action & lots of fun. Excellent car racing feeling & handling.
  21. Juan-PabloJ.
    Aug 13, 2006
    Just awesome game! It's really fun play this game try it on lan!
  22. SiLenTALiP.
    Apr 21, 2007
    Whooooo crashing is my passion and im sure all the people who love racing and crashing will enjoy this game.
  23. Albot
    Sep 18, 2007
    Its great, i love it! The multiplayer part is just the best. So amazing funny to crash into your friends when doing LAN-party. And the graphics is top! and all the details.
  24. JeffR.
    Dec 23, 2006
    Crazy fun game. For $20 downloaded through Steam, you can't beat it. $60 for a 360/PS3 game? Bah, $20 is a fair price for a game. I would have gave it a 10 if the 1920x1200 resolution wasn't scaled. It flattens everything out making it widescreen, so I play at 1600x1200 with all the settings maxed, looks great!
  25. Jan 18, 2012
    This game is a classic, it's great fun at LAN parties and a huge amount of fun in Derby, some cars are a bit hard to control, but that kind of boosts the challenge a bit. The graphics are pretty good still, even for today's standards.
  26. Oct 2, 2010
    Great soundtrack Great cars Great fun.Thx to my friend Remus for the ideea.One of the few racing games to must play.
  27. Jan 4, 2013
    Flatout 2 inovatted the racing games. After play Flatout 2 and Ultimate Carnage, you probably will not play Need For Speed again. The soundtrack is very good and ideal for this game. This is the best racing game franchise in my opinion.
  28. Nov 23, 2011
    I do not like racing games, (except NFS most wanted) but this one break the rules making it one of the best in the genre, please do me a favor and play it!
  29. Aug 10, 2012
    Eines der besten Rennspiele die es gibt !!!! ;)
  30. Jul 6, 2014
    OVERALL: A racing game with excellent object physics. The sequel "The Next Car Game" game, piqued my interest (Bugbear Entertainment lost the "FlatOut" license and FlatOut 3 was--from what I've read--a dissapointing entry created by "Team 6").

STORY: Nonexistent. GRAPHICS: (9/10): It looks great if you bump up the resolution, runs great, and has aged well. The big hook is the many

STORY: Nonexistent.

GRAPHICS: (9/10): It looks great if you bump up the resolution, runs great, and has aged well. The big hook is the many physics-enabled side barriers and other objects to crash through. Many are large enough to slow you down, but most just help you by providing visual indicators of how you're moving. Crash hard enough and occasionally the driver will have its ragdoll thrown out of the window. Each of the cars also deforms realistically.
    (From what I've seen of demo videos, "The Next Car Game" is set to have way more physics-enabled objects its cars are much more deformable (to the extent of being crushed in half, to where that alters the angle of the tires and thereby the driving mechanics). And since FlatOut 2 already does both pretty well, I'm excited to see that ramped up in the sequel.)
    The only visual disappointment is the lack of "real" licensed cars; they're all generic. I would prefer it if the cars were real and handled like their counterparts, because then I might feel like I was "learning" about cars.
    Additionally, FlatOut 2 is the best use of 3D screens I have seen so far. I have an Nvidia 3D vision screen, but most videogames handle 3D poorly, with shadows misaligned over character outlines; even slight misalignments become headache-inducingly intolerable in any twitch-action game. But the alignment of FlatOut 2's 3D is PERFECT! It's bizarre, since I can't imagine enough people in 2004 had 3D tvs to make it worthwhile for them to invest time in the feature, but here it is. And for 3D to really matter, to really "pop" at the viewer, you have to have objects coming at you at all times or you forget it's there; FlatOut 2 has solved this problem because the ground (racing surface) is always rushing towards you, so you never forget about it, and then the opponents' cars and other background objects move between the foreground and background in a way where the 3D actually helps you play better. And the showers of sparks from each partial-crash being thrown at you is just an amazing effect.

AUDIO: (5/10) - Sound effects are fine. The music track selection is poor and I turned the music off.

CONTROL: (9/10) - The car driving mechanics are great. I still think that the PS2-era GTA games (GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas) and by extension Rockstar's PS2 racing game "Midnight Club 3" had the most perfect vehicular controls, and FlatOut 2's aren't QUITE as good. Also, you don't have "lean" options like in Midnight Club 3 or the crazy jump-jets of "Nitronic Rush", just basic driving and a bit of refilling nitrous turbo-speed.
    But the controls are still pretty great (better than most racing games), the various racing surfaces feel good, and the inter-car physics is probably the best in the business. I tried the "PIT maneuver" from the GTA San Andreas driver's school, and it works if you can then avoid crashing into the car you just spun around. Gorgeous crashes occur organically, making those in Burnout 3 seem stiff and manufactured, precisely because FlatOut 2 has the best physics of any racing game (at least until Next Car Game comes out).

DESIGN: (7/10) -
    From what I've heard, "Flatout: Ultimate Carnage", a partial remake with insignificant improvements, has the major downside that (unlike FlatOut 2) you can't reassign joystick buttons, and "accelerate" is mapped to the trigger, which would have gotten tiring on my stiff Logitech controller. So FlatOut 2 is a better choice based on this quibble alone.
    The AI is superb, probably the best in any racing game I've ever played. Your 8 opponents per stage are difficult and aggressive and knock you around, jockey for position the whole race, split up among the different shortcuts, and don't rubber-band (you do need to restart if you crash badly enough). But they also make "human" crashing mistakes and you can knock them into the environment if you play well. The constant challenge--and the fact that I never felt alone during a race--kept me invested.
    For gameplay types, there's a) racing (sequences of 3-5 stages) b) demolition derby and c) "skill games" like jumping. The racing is by far the best mode. Demoltion derby is fun at first, but it's a little too hard: to stay alive you need to avoid crashing more than the once-per-45-seconds to avoid disqualification but to win you have to cause more damage than the opponents.
    The biggest downside is the upgrade system, because I never knew if I needed to grind more cash to buy a new car or just play better. Not every game needs an upgrade system, people!
    Alas, there's no splitscreen multiplayer (boo! Hiss! WHY?!?). But it is nice that all stages are unlocked from the start for LAN/online.
    Strongly recommend for any racing fan.
  31. Dec 22, 2012
    Это одни и самых замечательных аркадных гонок, когда-либоЭто одни и самых замечательных аркадных гонок, когда-либо виденных мною. Игра очень динамичная, весёлая, в меру сложная. За 6 лет не надоела до сих пор. Можно так же отметить приятную детализированную графику, без излишеств, красочно и нетребовательно. В любом случае советую. Конечно, понравится не каждому, но пропускать не стоит. Expand
  32. Jul 21, 2014
    I love the graphics and I just can't get enough of the gameplay and soundtrack. In my opinion It's the best car racing game if you want have some fun.

1. There’s no getting away from the fact that FlatOut 2 is damned good fun, and will bring you back to the days of Destruction Derby and its ilk. However, as much as we appreciate the tweaks – and that’s really all they are – to the first game, there are still a few too many fundamental flaws which bring out a wail of frustration or a tut as you consider how easily certain annoyances could have been avoided.
  2. Where FlatOut felt like racing in a field, FlatOut 2 feels like racing on a film set. It has been reshaped into the archetype, competent arcade racer. [Aug 2006, p.89]
  3. The single-player Career won't take all that long to complete, but with a hugely entertaining multiplayer mode both on and offline, there's a good chance you'll continue playing for a while after.