FlatOut PC

7.9

1. meme
    Aug 4, 2005
    If you don't like this game you are gay...no its not your opinion you are a flaming homosexual if you do not like this game thast right Cheat Code Central you bunch of homos, noobs nubs you dont know shit about good games.. what is not entertaining about a ragdoll flying out of a window Maxim online you need to be pissed on. Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb shut the hell up in Tech tv youIf you don't like this game you are gay...no its not your opinion you are a flaming homosexual if you do not like this game thast right Cheat Code Central you bunch of homos, noobs nubs you dont know shit about good games.. what is not entertaining about a ragdoll flying out of a window Maxim online you need to be pissed on. Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb shut the hell up in Tech tv you pieces of homo Expand
  2. CliftonM.
    May 1, 2007
    This is a very fun game to just screw around in and bust stuff up.
  3. MarkN.
    Jun 12, 2007
    This game is really bad. I mean the handling on the cars are way off. Stunt mode is cool but you will get tired of having to do it over and over just to upgrade, and about the upgrades, like someone said before me, don't really do anything because the handling is so bad. If you want a good racer pick up need for speed, it is a lot better.
  4. AGamer
    Sep 15, 2008
    Utter rubbish - play it for about 5 minutes and you'll be bored. Avoid it like herpes. If you want a decent racing game for little $$, NFS Most Wanted, done.
  5. MatR.
    Dec 12, 2004
    5 at best. If the racing mode was anything decent and not a stupid pile of gliches and cheap AI, the game might be decent. As it is the game is a big jumbled mess, the car upgrades do CRAP to the actual control and speed. The worst part is the actually redeamable part, the stunt mode. While the stunts are cool and fun to play, you have to play the retarded race mode to unlock the good 5 at best. If the racing mode was anything decent and not a stupid pile of gliches and cheap AI, the game might be decent. As it is the game is a big jumbled mess, the car upgrades do CRAP to the actual control and speed. The worst part is the actually redeamable part, the stunt mode. While the stunts are cool and fun to play, you have to play the retarded race mode to unlock the good stunts. The graphics are decent, the rag-doll physics rock, and the music is decent. But, in the end, none of these pluses equal out to the minuses of the game. In short, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME, it won't be worth your money or time. Download it if you want to waste maybe 10-20 min. before you get bored... Expand
  6. Dimi
    Feb 4, 2005
    Probably the 2004 years most underestimated racing game. It doent get any better today when it comes to driver control and environmental physics. Besides a very well functioning multiplayer part of course! Absolutely a step forward in the genre. /dimi
  7. Rocky
    Sep 6, 2005
    This is the best game ever!!!
  8. JuozasS.
    Sep 9, 2005
    The game is awesome!!! the AI is very good,crash damage realistic,and i love getting crashhappy in the destruction derby. a masterpiece.
  9. MichaelM.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Simply great.
  10. Ilwrath
    Feb 20, 2005
    Great bashing fun. The AI isn't brilliant, but it isn't braindead either. Playing on professional physics gives the cars enough handling to make it fun and dangerous, but not enough to really weigh on you. Damage modelling and environmental destruction are the best I've ever seen in a racing game. I'm usually not much for arcade-style "adrenaline" racers, but this one Great bashing fun. The AI isn't brilliant, but it isn't braindead either. Playing on professional physics gives the cars enough handling to make it fun and dangerous, but not enough to really weigh on you. Damage modelling and environmental destruction are the best I've ever seen in a racing game. I'm usually not much for arcade-style "adrenaline" racers, but this one has had a grip on me for a couple weeks. With a little more polish (how about actually getting something besides a lame "making of" movie for winning the thing? Maybe unlock an unlimited division, or something....) A few more race options (how about a smaller, flat figure 8, or the figure 8 with staggered start that they showed in the post-game movie?) And the system crash/hang bugs removed (it's really frustrating when your system hangs for about 30 seconds and you have to bash CTRL-ALT-DEL about 100 times to get the game to end and then go back into it...) It could be a real winner.... Even as it is, it stil gets a strong 8. (maybe 8.5) Expand
  11. SamF.
    Oct 1, 2006
    Awesome game. Every car handles great with physics and realistic damage. The only thing needed is a console controller for the PC Or an adapter because playing with keyboard takes away from the game.
  12. RJG.
    Mar 18, 2007
    Excellent game! I love the physics, realistic damage, and uber graphics! Either the keyboard or a PC steering wheel are my weapons of choice and either one works well. My only gripes are the splash screen in the beginning freezes for me and the map previews are slow to load. Otherwise, Great game!
  13. JamesJ
    Sep 15, 2008
    Good fun, light hearted entertainment. Great bonus levels too. The damage is superb, everything can be smashed up :)
  14. AleksiV.
    Nov 1, 2004
    Absolutely fantastic! BUY it!
  15. JamesS.
    Nov 15, 2004
    Great fun and continues on where rally trophy left off!
  16. Batmanmonkey
    Nov 3, 2004
    This game is awesome played the demo...total video games gave graphics an 86%!!!! There is sooo much detail on the cars and the enviroments have amazing detail for a racing game and the shadows are exquisite... The physics kick ass and it is fun as hell...The framerate is amazing too and it runs awesome with 1280x1024 resolution on a Radeon 9200 and plus it barely has any jaggies... The This game is awesome played the demo...total video games gave graphics an 86%!!!! There is sooo much detail on the cars and the enviroments have amazing detail for a racing game and the shadows are exquisite... The physics kick ass and it is fun as hell...The framerate is amazing too and it runs awesome with 1280x1024 resolution on a Radeon 9200 and plus it barely has any jaggies... The graphics deserved at least a 92% and its a very original racing game so it should have more for originality... Expand
  17. MatthiasL
    Nov 5, 2004
    Best racing game i've seen in years! Fun fast paced action and destrution everything that the racing game should be. Far better then the yearly update of NFS.
  18. DunclePooooote
    Nov 5, 2004
    Come on, reviewers. You haven't sounded off yet, please don't blow out by disrespecting a game like this. So much fun--this is what gamers want in a game. Prove yourselves to not be a bunch of stodgy killjoys-without Burnout 3, this is as close as PC gamers will get to the sheer fun factor of arcade classics like San Francisco Rush.
  19. RiseFall
    Dec 22, 2004
    Graphics: 9 Sound: 6 Play factor: 9 Lasting: 5 Total: 7 Comment: is almost 10 years that i was expecting for a game similar to Destruction Derby like this.
  20. ChrisH.
    Jan 29, 2005
    Mat R. should have given it more than 10mins. If you miss this racing game you'll miss the most exciting racing on PC at the moment.
  21. JeppeN.
    Feb 15, 2007
    I love this game, one of the world best drive games, but FlatOut2 is better and can have 10!
  22. KarlN.
    Sep 21, 2007
    Everyone has their own reasons for liking different games but this one is my favorite (though I haven't played Flatout 2 yet). I grew up on a farm driving these kinds of cars around the fields and this game takes me back there. I also love the physics in this game. I can feel each tire and the response of the suspension when a tire catches a ditch or other object. I like how there Everyone has their own reasons for liking different games but this one is my favorite (though I haven't played Flatout 2 yet). I grew up on a farm driving these kinds of cars around the fields and this game takes me back there. I also love the physics in this game. I can feel each tire and the response of the suspension when a tire catches a ditch or other object. I like how there are consequences after crashes, leading to tangible changes in the suspension performance. The races are pretty crazy and fun to play multiplayer. The ragdoll mini-games are hilarious but it would be good to have the option of turning ragdoll off during races. It gets tedious. The two faults of this game are: not being able to drive multiplayer in the demolition derby and only being able to drive one car at a time. (When you switch cars, you lose the value of all the upgrades to your existing car.) I can understand, given a number of faults, why the game is rated lower but, in my opinion, it's still more fun than Burnout. That's why I gave it a 9. Expand
  23. May 12, 2012
    Demolition derby style racing game. I've played countless hours of this on the XBOX and had a blast. The car handling on the PC version works well. Make sure you wear your seatbelt!
  24. Jul 19, 2012
    FlatOut is easily one of my favorite racing games - ever. This includes everything between Midtown Madness to Forza 4. I love realistic racing games although going around the same track over and over just to shave half a second off to rise on the leadboard gets bland after a while. That being said, I don't really enjoy the arcade racers where you smash everything and sparks fly everywhere.FlatOut is easily one of my favorite racing games - ever. This includes everything between Midtown Madness to Forza 4. I love realistic racing games although going around the same track over and over just to shave half a second off to rise on the leadboard gets bland after a while. That being said, I don't really enjoy the arcade racers where you smash everything and sparks fly everywhere. FlatOut gets the best of both worlds, asking it's players to slow down and hit their corners good while still rewarding recklessness. The real winner is the physics where you can really feel every bump on the road and the difference between road and dirt and the destruction is very fun. One time I was racing with a pile of two by fours on my flaming engine (looked like a camp fire) another time I had one sticking through my windshield and out the back - hilarious! The AI is really hard and you won't see any artificial AI speed boosting when you're in first place. Comon, there must be some downsides! Yes, trash up your car too much and it will be slower than a tractor on a highway. Trash it up moderately and coming in first place will require you to smash other cars on the corners. Take one - three turns not too well and you might end up in fifth. One rough landing after a jump can send your car sideways and in last place. Can be a very frustrating game but at least you will remember the strife fondly. 8/10

Did I mention you can smash your player out the car's window and send him flying into other cars?
  25. Jun 1, 2015
    It's a pretty interesting, funny, worth trying, but a little short .
  26. Nov 23, 2015
    The game is just amazing. I love play this game. For me this game is amazing ! Nothing more to comment because this game is amazing ! I rate this 10/10 Collapse

1. A fun racing title with excellent graphics, good music, and a novel use of rag-doll and environmental physics that work quite well during races and bonus games. Its tracks are challenging and varied.
  2. The AI of the other drivers is extremely good and can almost have you believing that you are racing against other humans.
  3. The handling is remarkable, and the fact the tracks are littered with obstacles that bounce and crash realistically makes it all the more fun. Throw in excellent damage modelling and it's plain to see that this game has nailed the core mechanics of an addictive racer perfectly.