FORCED PC

7.8

1. Jan 14, 2015
    Do not buy this game if you are intending to play single player only.

Do not buy this game if you are intending to play single player only.

This game can be incredibly frustrating at times, expect to get crowd controlled by enemies from %100 to death more than a few times. The game is also very repetitive, after the first few arenas you have pretty much seen everything there is to see. The game encourages grinding to level your character by going back to past levels and playing them again (I despise grinding and if you do too, stay away) so expect to be playing the same levels over and over again. There are 4 classes, but after the first few levels you will quickly realize only two of them are viable to use for solo play. Overall I would not recommend this game to you unless you are a big fan of the genre or you plan on playing with friends.
  2. Apr 11, 2014
    The reason why I gave this game a 4 is purely technical.

The game itself is pretty good, I think it deserves 7-8. It's got fun mechanics, it's quite challenging - very hard at times! - which is quite refreshing considering the current overabundance of easy games. The heart of the game is clearly COOP - even in the menu this option appears before single player. The fun in this
    The reason why I gave this game a 4 is purely technical.

The game itself is pretty good, I think it deserves 7-8.

The fun in this game grows exponentially when playing with other folks, since this game is mostly about controlling an entity (an orb called Balfus, IIRC) which can be challenging when it's done by multiple players.

This is all good.... EXCEPT it doesn't want to work!
    Single player works fine, but COOP is horribly bugged.

Playing a COOP game has been almost impossible to me and my friends.
    We bought the game a few weeks ago as it was on sale, and we were able to play only twice so far.

Each time we'd spend 20-30 minutes trying to start the game without success.
    We'd get:

1) Black screen as the game started
    2) Unsuccessfull connections to a lobby due to timeout
    3) When the game started, some people couldn't move their characters... or they'd be able to move their and SOMEONE ELSE's character too!
    4) Very noticeable lag ingame, assuming all the previous problems didn't happen
    5) Some challenges would not complete... even if we met all the objectives....

Also, weird things can happen if someone (the host?) has a sub-60 framerate...
    We all have good rigs, so I can't confirm it, it's what I've read online.

Checking the Steam Forums, I notice how many other people were complaining about the
    very same issues, it's a shame I didn't check it earlier.

The developers have rolled out a pair of patches but they haven't solved anything so far.
    Also, for some reason, all these patches were named "1.1", so you couldn't even tell which patch you were effectively playing....

Of course we've tried a lot of solutions posted on the forums, including port forwarding, using the beta branch, and we tried to let each of us host the game without success.

All this would have been acceptable IF IT WAS A BETA, instead this game has been released in OCTOBER 2013... more than 5 months ago. IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

I want to play this game, but I can't.
    We'll wait 1 more week before asking a refund through Steam.

Do NOT buy it UNLESS you want to play Single Player ONLY.
  3. Nov 2, 2013
    Forced may sell itself as an ARPG, but the game lacks all but the most basic aspects of the genre with the only game modes being a series of short maps (involving some hack and slash and puzzle aspects) and a survival mode, notably lacking the extended dungeons of pretty well every other ARPG out there. There is also a limited selection of characterization options for each of the fourForced may sell itself as an ARPG, but the game lacks all but the most basic aspects of the genre with the only game modes being a series of short maps (involving some hack and slash and puzzle aspects) and a survival mode, notably lacking the extended dungeons of pretty well every other ARPG out there. There is also a limited selection of characterization options for each of the four classes, which do offer some variability to how the classes play, with additional abilities and ability slots opened by completing maps, challenges and doing maps within a certain time frame The puzzle maps do have some interesting ideas, but are let down by major problems with the control setup which make gameplay incredibly frustrating, and they get monstrously difficult very swiftly, making just sitting back and enjoying the game basically impossible. The game touts its co-op aspects as a major selling point but serious problems with the game's net code make joining with other players difficult to impossible, which given the number of abilities which shine with other players is very disappointing. All in all, I cannot recommend this game to anyone. Expand

1. PC Gamer UK
    Feb 1, 2014
    Sadly, the game isn't quote as compelling as its journey. [Feb 2014, p.91]
  2. Jan 22, 2014
    Interesting in co-op, practically unplayable in single player, Forced is an fair action game, than unfortunately lacks style and diversity.
  3. Jan 16, 2014
    It's a rough ride, but ultimately a fun one. FORCED is a twitchy thinker's punch-drunk romp that wears its scars with pride.