• Publisher: Nemesys
  • Release Date: May 6, 2011
6.9

1. Mar 1, 2013
    For what it is, it's a very amusing game. It's an easy pick-up-and-drop game that's fun for all ages. Get it on sale on steam for a few bucks if you can. Well worth it!
  2. Jul 5, 2011
    when i saw a clip of this, i almost instantly bought it. luckily, i tried the demo first.
    it is really unfortunate how the great concept and style of the game is at least in my opinion destroyed by its controls. mouse is useless (should have really been clicking once on a target instead of dragging) and keyboard... well... one has to trace the exact shape of the border if one wants to move along it. you can't move inside what you've already conquered. how the developers came up with that stupid idea, i don't know. it makes keyboard controls unnecessarily clunky.
    thus: great concept and features but abysmal controls.
  3. Jan 13, 2012
    Gets too hard really fast. Has no pace. Common - slow that game down, developers! It will be awesome! So far - level 5 - and you get frustrated cause it's so darn hard!
  4. May 22, 2011
    Reminds me of Qix... This is a great little game with one major flaw: It doesn't record your personal high score on each level. Why this is absent is beyond me... It would add a lot of replay value.
  5. Nov 7, 2011
    Fun little game and I got it on offer from steam for under £2 and so I give it an 8. If I spent more, maybe only a 7 ;) Mainly posting to add some details about controls in response to another review. The mouse controls are fiddly, but keyboard is fine. You can hold down the CTRL key to stay on the border, which prevents accidentally capturing territory (introduced duringFun little game and I got it on offer from steam for under £2 and so I give it an 8. If I spent more, maybe only a 7 ;) Mainly posting to add some details about controls in response to another review. The mouse controls are fiddly, but keyboard is fine. You can hold down the CTRL key to stay on the border, which prevents accidentally capturing territory (introduced during later level, wasn't in tutorial for some reason). Levels get quite tricky later on with lots of new obstacle types added as you go along! Expand
  6. Dec 15, 2011
    This is a very old game idea that harkens back to the old 8-bit days when pixels had their own zip code and a mouse was a furry rodent. But Nemesys apparently extracted DNA from some prehistoric mosquito and brought the game back to life in the modern world, and it works even better now than it did in the age when people who weren't hillbillies wore mullets. Deus Ex this ain't, but it's aThis is a very old game idea that harkens back to the old 8-bit days when pixels had their own zip code and a mouse was a furry rodent. But Nemesys apparently extracted DNA from some prehistoric mosquito and brought the game back to life in the modern world, and it works even better now than it did in the age when people who weren't hillbillies wore mullets. Deus Ex this ain't, but it's a perfectly fun little puzzle game that's quick to play during a break and gets progressively more difficult and requires more planning as you advance. My biggest "complaint" is that I don't think it's priced reasonably. This is basically a (good) cell phone class game on a PC screen so its regular price should be the $2.50 that I paid for it on sale, instead of its regular $10 price tag. Expand
  7. Nov 13, 2013
    i used to love the old arcade game qix which is what this is clearly based on so unsurprisingly I found this immensely enjoyable and recommend it to anyone who has a fondness for the old school.
  8. May 17, 2012
    Being a spiced up version of the old Windows game Jezzball makes Fortix 2 easy to start playing. Some spiced up gameplay elements adds more fun and challenge, from dragons, projectiles, powerups and bats. Later levels offer quite a surprising challenge, with powerful black dragons who constantly seek out the player, firing fast projectiles. These challenging levels demonstrate how theBeing a spiced up version of the old Windows game Jezzball makes Fortix 2 easy to start playing. Some spiced up gameplay elements adds more fun and challenge, from dragons, projectiles, powerups and bats. Later levels offer quite a surprising challenge, with powerful black dragons who constantly seek out the player, firing fast projectiles. These challenging levels demonstrate how the gameplay falls apart, where the player must constantly make tiny boxes to proceed, and this quickly becomes tedious. These small tweaks are not enough to make the fundamental arcade-like gameplay any more satisfying.
    The hand-painted levels and cartoonish graphics support the indie and casual feel of the game, and definitely were a driving force in keeping me playing. The static view of the levels and limited environments depletes this effect. Fortix 2 only took me 3.4h on Steam to complete the mission on Normal. While Fortix 2 is a fun casual game that plays well with a gamepad or keyboard, its only suggested to get in a bundle.
  9. AWG
    Jun 17, 2013
    Fortix 2 it's as funny, almost as cheap and as nostalgia-bringer as the original game but it somehow fails to be as addictive. Modernized, tablet-like graphics are not bad but I loved the old-style ones from the first game much.

1. Jan 1, 2015
    It's not running for the game of the year, but it's fun to play and will bring you back to the golden times of gaming.
  2. Jun 28, 2011
    I had fun with Fortix 2, especially once I got past the midpoint of the game and the challenge ramped up. At its heart it's still a 1980s arcade game, and those games had a way of making relatively simple gameplay enjoyable. However, if those types of games aren't your thing you should probably pass on Fortix 2.
  3. May 31, 2011
    For a game priced at the low price of $9.99 I can't say I was expecting much but I was proven wrong by the Nemesys developers and their addicting game. A simple idea of land grab coupled with the upbeat music had me on the edge of my seat during some close calls with a cannonball just missing me as I reached my goal and captured the land.