Foul Play PC

6.0

1. Sep 19, 2013
    This game is just awesome. Amazing handcrafted art, a large variety of combos, and a main character who looks just like the pringles guy. The gameplay is fast, intuitive and never really gets boring.

The idea of an on-stage brawler alone is pretty genius, seeing the audiences reaction to your on-screen action is bloody awesome. The fact that Foul Play is good enough to going to keep me away from playing GTA 5 for the weekend should say something too, lol :)

My english isnt that good, so ill just stick with the pros and cons:

+graphics, handcrafted +gameplay, mechanics +level up system +unlockable goodies and combos //+rewarding button mashing +humour, dialogues

cons: so far i didnt really find cons, though its too bad the game doesnt really have a voiceover. i imagine how amazing it would be to have the pringles guy aka Baron Dashforth with an english accent.
  2. Nov 19, 2013
    In Foul Play the developers have really excelled themselves in creating a beautiful, charismatic, original and extremely playable game my only criticism is that there's so much beautify stuff to look at I sometimes struggle to keep up!
  3. Aug 23, 2015
    A great game with an interesting story that you can read more by selecting Daemon's Diary from the main menu. You unlock new pages of the book by beating stages. Something this game really has going for it is you can play 2 player co-op on one computer. Unless you want to share a keyboard it's recommended you have a Wired 360 Controller since those configure automatically. But you can useA great game with an interesting story that you can read more by selecting Daemon's Diary from the main menu. You unlock new pages of the book by beating stages. Something this game really has going for it is you can play 2 player co-op on one computer. Unless you want to share a keyboard it's recommended you have a Wired 360 Controller since those configure automatically. But you can use any kind of controller and set custom controls for it without a 3rd party program that turns the inputs into key presses. If someone thinks this game is simple or repetitive then they must also say they feel the Arkham series, Double dragon and every other beat up game like this is. What makes this game interesting is that unlock older arcade games you're able to block attacks and rack up huge combo's. This gives it a nice feel where you're always trying to finish a level without getting hit once or you're trying to rack up a massive combo in a level or on a boss for an Achievement. All in all if you enjoy old school arcade beat-em ups I would recommend this game. One thing I feel as though I must add is that the game is far more fun with another person. So I recommend getting the 2-pack and having a friend pay you back since it's cheaper than 2 separate copies. Expand

1. Nov 21, 2013
    The lack of depth hurts Foul Play the most, and it's really a shame considering how brilliant the aesthetic is. I wanted to run around the stage, but playing the game made me exit stage left.
  2. Nov 14, 2013
    Diversity is Foul Play’s huge advantage – each of 22 levels offers a completely different setting, increasingly unconventional monsters and plenty of bosses. Still the game gets tedious if you play it too long. [12/2013, p.67]
  3. Nov 6, 2013
    If the filler were stripped out Foul Play would only be a two hour game but it would be two hours flush with ideas instead of five hours sprinkled with them. It would make for a more appealing co-op game, too. You won’t find yourselves saying “Just one more act,” you’ll be loading up Castle Crashers.