Free Realms PC

6.4

1. Jul 8, 2013
    This game doesn't really live up to it's name, it's about as free as Wizard101. You can play for about five minutes and then you have to pay a monthly membership. This game is completely loaded with DLC it's not even funny. I bought the "lifetime membership" which is really buying the full game, and the game still isn't anything near what else you get get with the money. You can get SkyrimThis game doesn't really live up to it's name, it's about as free as Wizard101. You can play for about five minutes and then you have to pay a monthly membership. This game is completely loaded with DLC it's not even funny. I bought the "lifetime membership" which is really buying the full game, and the game still isn't anything near what else you get get with the money. You can get Skyrim for the same cost a lifetime mebership costs. Expand
  2. Xiru
    May 9, 2009
    As a burnt-out veteran MMORPG player, I'm enjoying the hell out of this title. Do yourself a favor and check it out. It may be a bit rough around the edges, but there is so much to see and do, it should keep you entertained for a long time.
  3. GregB
    May 10, 2009
    SOE has placed a surprisingly large and engaging MMO online free to play. Although it obviously targets the 9 to 14 age bracket, I found myself logging in again and again. Try it. And if you have kids, this is a must-play.
  4. SarahR
    Nov 28, 2009
    Fun, entertaining, no matter what age I promise you'll like it. So much to do, it's a little hard to get bored. Money and long wait updates are annoying, but, at least give it a try.
  5. AbeF
    May 21, 2009
    Put me in the burnt-out MMORPG player category. This game hit me like a breath of fresh air! Great mix of casual, fun activities wrapped in a fairly expansive world. I'm too busy having fun to worry much about whether I have the best weapon possible or whether I am wasting my time crafting or grinding. I mean, jeez, cart racing, demo derby, pet training, collections, card battles, Put me in the burnt-out MMORPG player category. This game hit me like a breath of fresh air! Great mix of casual, fun activities wrapped in a fairly expansive world. I'm too busy having fun to worry much about whether I have the best weapon possible or whether I am wasting my time crafting or grinding. I mean, jeez, cart racing, demo derby, pet training, collections, card battles, puzzle minigames, board games, cooking mama, exploration quests, postman jobs, good old-fashioned kill the cave full of monsters quests, and more! My six-year-old can play in whatever way he wants, and we can both have fun. Totally worth the optional 4.99 monthly fee. Expansions may push this to 9 or 10! Expand
  6. ZorakM
    Jul 7, 2009
    Great game to play with your kids, so much free content that you don't really have to shell out for anything if you don't want to. Enough depth to keep adults involved as well.
  7. trevorf
    Jun 17, 2009
    Wow i played it thought it was pretty cool. the one huge problem about this game is the games name. Free Realms. guess what its only free if you give up 80% of the game features. and then the card game system if paying for the game was not enough now you have to buy packs of cards for ingame use. jezz if you are going to say a game is free please make it free.
  8. KalamH
    Dec 29, 2009
    New update released in December turned this semi decent game into a mindless, repetitive hack 'n' slash grind fest. Alternatives to combat abound in the game world, but they lack depth and the majority of the mini games are identical - 'bejewled ripoff'. The chat system is utterly useless due to one of the most heavy handed word filters in any MMO. No numbers, no words New update released in December turned this semi decent game into a mindless, repetitive hack 'n' slash grind fest. Alternatives to combat abound in the game world, but they lack depth and the majority of the mini games are identical - 'bejewled ripoff'. The chat system is utterly useless due to one of the most heavy handed word filters in any MMO. No numbers, no words that resemble profanity (in any language), and no privacy to have conversations in whisper without being subject to account suspension. GM's apparently comb through your chat logs to find possible filter violations even in 'Private Chats' (whisper) with other adult members. Expand
  9. KalamH
    Dec 29, 2009
  10. Feb 26, 2013
    Free to play? Yes. Fun to play? No. I more than a little shocked that this turned out to be so awful, it's filled with stuff to do like questing, playing games, or just hanging out with people online. The problem is it's all just so boring, and my entire time playing Free Realms all I wanted to do was stop. Not to mention it's really laggy. I can see kids enjoying this, but as far as I'mFree to play? Yes. Fun to play? No. I more than a little shocked that this turned out to be so awful, it's filled with stuff to do like questing, playing games, or just hanging out with people online. The problem is it's all just so boring, and my entire time playing Free Realms all I wanted to do was stop. Not to mention it's really laggy. I can see kids enjoying this, but as far as I'm concerned this is a complete waste of time and I don't ever see myself returning to it. Expand
  11. Jun 28, 2011
    this game is horrible the combat's okay i guess but everything else is lacking no point what so ever in signing up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's worth checking out for any fan of casual games, RPG games, trading card games, tower defense games (yes these games are so good that fans of the genre should check it out just for that!) or pet training games, whether you are 5 or 50.
  2. This pleasant, free MMORPG is off to a great start and holds even more potential as Sony continues to implement new features and additions in the future.
  3. It's an effortlessly light and addictive indulgence - just don't expect it to nourish you.