• Publisher: Crave
  • Release Date: Mar 24, 2002
8.0

1. Marko
    May 16, 2005
    This is one of the more convincing games out there with excellent atmosphere, humor, graphics, voice acting and hip 60's music. The gameplay is nearly as good and I love that you can create your own custom characters (to fit your personality and gaming style) to recruit later. This is an instant classic.
  2. TheMan
    May 25, 2007
    The best comic book game I have ever played and I've played a lot. The graphics are striking and the sound gives you a versatile experience. It runs smooth as silk and I can honestly say that no comic book game I have played could even compare to Freedom Force.
  3. CarlosG.
    Mar 30, 2002
    Game is good, but if it was great, I wouldn't be writing this, I would be playing it.
  4. LawrenceVincentY.
    May 15, 2003
    I love this game.It has cool graphics,amazing characters,etc. It has evereything you want in a game.It is funny too.
  5. K.Blankenship
    Apr 1, 2002
    After waiting for 6 long months I can now say that I REALLY love this game!! Everything I had hoped for is there: bright exciting characters, great powers and fun, Diablo styled adventuring. This game is for anyone who grew up reading and loving comic books!! And it played without a single glitch on my 2 year old system! Something NO other game I've bought (except NOX) can boast! After waiting for 6 long months I can now say that I REALLY love this game!! Everything I had hoped for is there: bright exciting characters, great powers and fun, Diablo styled adventuring. This game is for anyone who grew up reading and loving comic books!! And it played without a single glitch on my 2 year old system! Something NO other game I've bought (except NOX) can boast! It's nice to see a game that doesn't need a patch straight out of the box! I would give this game a perfect 10 but I haven't played it long enough (or online yet!) to rate it that high, but mark my words.. if it continues to play this well - I'll rate it an 11 when I'm done. Its a polished jewel!!! Expand
  6. ChristianB.
    Feb 23, 2004
    The Best super hero game i ever played. The chance to customly create your own hero is great.
  7. AndrewJ.
    Feb 4, 2004
    This is the most fun I've had in ages playing a PC game. I hope they bring out some expansion packs!!
  8. Oct 30, 2013
    Loved the content. Lots of characters and each very diverse. None of the premade characters are overpowered. Long storyline. Interactive/Destructible environment.Game has tons of replayability. Having a "danger room" adds to that replayability. Allowing the gaming community to add ingame skins, mods, sound effects, seemlessly is one of the greatest features to make that game unique withLoved the content. Lots of characters and each very diverse. None of the premade characters are overpowered. Long storyline. Interactive/Destructible environment.Game has tons of replayability. Having a "danger room" adds to that replayability. Allowing the gaming community to add ingame skins, mods, sound effects, seemlessly is one of the greatest features to make that game unique with every run through.
    Was going to rate it 9/10 simply because the controls (especially the camera) are a bit clunky without any modifications. However, all the easily available freebees prvided by players (listed above) and the ease with which they can be implemented/utilized overcomes the one glaring annoyance.
  9. Mar 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Freedom Force is fun, addictive, and funny! The variety of environments (snowy hills, different parts of the city, underground areas, etc.) were so welcomed. Not only that, the different enemies you encounter are so vast! And the damage they do varies so well. Ice Warriors for Nuclear Winter either shoot ice bullets at you or use rays that knock you off of your feet. The voice acting makes me smile because it's campy... yet it's awesome.
    My favorites were Man O' War, El Diablo (nobody else uses fire so effectively), Man-Bot, and The Ant (shoving baddies off of buildings is so satisfying, as well as using his acid bomb).
    My main problem with the game, though, is how slow some of the characters are. If Minuteman is on a quest with, say, Man-Bot, you can bet Man-Bot won't be lending much help. Eve and Microwave are the same... they have powers which can help out a lot but sometimes you'll be waiting for them to just GET THERE already! With some missions being timed in a way (like stopping the robots from destroying a certain amount of buildings) this can really mess you up.
    But when it comes down to it, Freedom Force is a wonderful adventure that I'll take again and again!

1. A satisfying single-player campaign along with an incredibly engaging character creation system, however, makes this one a heartily recommended buy.
    The game's clever design and meticulously well-thought out, considerate presentation are accentuated by innovative gameplay that professionally melds the genres of RPG and strategy into a completely interactive and lively world.
  3. Freedom Force oozes polish and personality from every pixel.